The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old August 13th, 2014, 05:12 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Just got home from work a few minutes ago. Most of the crew left around lunch, we were there until turnover.

Had the same plane with the same lead. He knew from the night before that I had no sheet metal skill, yet I was assigned to the plane that now was a frame replacement instead of a repair. This is the frame that's at the very end of the fuselage where the tailcone attaches. So I did nothing but stand around all night. He wasted my time, my coworkers' time, the company's resources, all because he had to feel like he had the upper hand over me. Hey, I still got paid and I have no respect for the guy so how does that make him better than me?

Uh Clint, I had a red Miata, I don't -think- I looked like that. Of course I don't live in Ft. Lauderdale. Do you have other choices for places to buy a trailer if you don't like the guy you've got now?

Gonna hit the sack for a few hours then see what I can get into this afternoon. I need to wash the Saturn. It's filthy, and needs a good inside cleaning as well. Hope everyone has a good humpity day.
Old August 13th, 2014, 05:40 AM
Captain Starfire

Mornin', boys & girl

Got back home from my "old" God's country yesterday evening. It was super; a few changes in the 3 years since I've been there, but still nice.

We must've gotten the nicest weather of the season. it got down to the 50s at night and topped out above 80 on the hottest days.

Car show in Boyne City was great. Gene came home with 2 trophies for 3 cars... The one I drove ('40 Buick) was the only one that didn't get a prize, and that was 'cuz it wound up competing with 3 of the most beautiful Packards the world has ever seen, and they all got the category prizes.

Anyhoots, I'll post this quickie and try to get a few more up later in the week. Lots of activity here, so I'll catch up later... gotta' get rollin.

Happity Humpity, Oldsmofriends.
Old August 13th, 2014, 07:21 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Morning all. Not much new - hot hot hot. Might get some t storms after lunch the likely back in the sauna.

Thinking I shoulda bought that Regal and flipped it. Oh well. Enjoy yor day.
Old August 13th, 2014, 09:00 AM

Allan, I'm thinking that computer games ain't my thing, so far I have only gotten to 356, with a high score of 3048, I like playing, but apparently I suck. I'm also stuck on level 23 of Candy Crush...for like forever. Time to find an old "Centipede" machine, and retrogress with that.
Old August 13th, 2014, 10:21 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Dan, I'm not really a computer gamer either. So far though I'm up to 2,670,000 points on the 12x12 and still going. My high score is the same as the total because I haven't lost yet. Incredible how much time I've wasted on this game...like I said though it's addictive as all get out.

If you use the 6x6 board it will give you 5 mulligans.
Old August 13th, 2014, 10:36 AM

Not to offend anyone, but my 2nd son, (of 3 kids total), will hopefully realize what he could have made of his life without the time spent video gaming.
Old August 13th, 2014, 04:48 PM

What a couple of weeks I've had lately. The end of July and beginning of August was a very busy time for me, but for good reasons.

There is a big muscle car and hot rod show in late July that is in New York state. Unfortunately the Cutlass was not ready so I had to take the Mustang but the A/C, radio and fuel economy were nice

The next weekend was the only official Mustang 50th anniversary event in Canada. The show was pretty good and the 2015 Mustang looks a lot better in person than in pictures. I'm not sure if that is a good thing for me

And finally the weekend after was the 2014 OCA National meet. I had registered the Cutlass for the show months ago and after taking it a for a test run the day before leaving, I thought everything was good. Unfortunately that was not the case.

I added a post with details of whats happening in the build thread for my car.

In the end I left it in Cincinnati and drove a rental car home. Then last weekend I rented a cube van and trailer and towed it home.

I learned a few things this weekend:
1) That if you want to rent a truck to tow a car trailer for personal use, the only option is a cube van. If you are rental for business you can rent a pickup set up for towing.
2) Driving 1400 miles in 3 days is about my limit.
3) Towing isn't as bad as I expected.

The car is finally home and I will probably start looking into problems this weekend or next week.

The OCA Nationals were great and I got to meet quite a few CO members for the first time.

Sandy, I think I may have passed your number of CO members you have met in person.
Old August 13th, 2014, 09:16 PM

So far though I'm up to 2,670,000 points
I quit.
Old August 14th, 2014, 04:23 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

Dan, I think I'm just not gonna start.

Cutlassdad. Welcome to the GMT. I concur.

Paul, Sorry the Olds mis-behaved on your trip. Have you decided what color your new mustang is gonna be?

Mike, The next nearest dealer is about 4 hours away. The Dealership is a very small family run store and they do have a special off site sale at the football stadium. I'm not ready to call it quits yet. I guess I'm just a little impatient since our old one was hauled off the other day. I have to go in and sign a POA and pick up the insurance check today.

John glad you're back. Sure is a pretty car.

Have a day all.
Old August 14th, 2014, 04:39 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Sixty degrees here in the Greater Stockbridge Area this morning. Beautiful out. Steam coming off the lake, it looks like some movie.

I'm going downtown to the High Museum to see a collection of "Dream Cars." The LeSabre is going to be there, I love that car. Also the Firebird I will be there. Gonna pick up a friend of mine and head there this morning.

Two million points Allan? What happened to I'm not going to spend very much time on the internet anymore? I should get points for looking at craigslist.

John glad you enjoyed your trip to Michigan. The show sounds like a winner. Gonna have me a Packard one of these days. Just ask the man who owns one.

So Paul, teething problems with the build. It's all in the fun. Hope things get sorted out soon. No towing is no big deal. Unless you crash. Don't do that.

CutlassDad, how old is the son? Welcome, by the way. Has there ever been a study done to see if video games help people at all, maybe snap decision making, agility, there seems to be a study done about everything.

Okay have a good day everyone. Gonna get ready to head to da big city. Oh it was Traffic that I saw with the Grateful Dead, not Train. Have a good Thursday everyone.
Old August 14th, 2014, 05:57 AM

Mawn'in all

Like Mike said, Nice cool mawn'in.

Mike, where did you find out about the exhibit at de High? I gotta get out more often.

Think about me when ya pass 1st Presbyterian Church [P'tree and 16th] I went to kindergarten there , got married there, and was on the property management committee forever.

Matter of fact one day when we were walking around the block in kindergarden, I looked over a low wall at the corner of Peachtree and 16th street and pick up my 1st mule shoe.

Sorry, Friends, I got enough bad habits w/o adding games to de mix

I think I'll either a] bush hog or b] play golf............... I may toss a coin.
Old August 14th, 2014, 06:34 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Morning all.
Hey, don't get the idea I live for gaming. I play on the IPad in between busy times or when I'm just bored. This isn't like the hard core gamers playing tour of duty or league of legends etc.

Jim - heads you whack whitey, tails you let someone else bus hog...

Mike - Funny you should say that. Some studies suggest that anything that helps maintain or increase cranial and hand dexterity ( like games) is good for some of us aging peeps.

Clint - Good to hear there's light at the end of the tunnel

Well the roofing estimator was here yesterday and looks like the roof will cost 6800.00 to replace. Ha, good thing I didn't buy that Buick now.

Time for koffee wit de boys. Enjoy your day.
Old August 14th, 2014, 07:04 AM

Slantflat-you're right there must have been studies. It wouldn't take to many Google or Bing clicks to find them... My real issue is the amount of VG time that could have been spent doing something else that was more constructive, like learning.
Old August 14th, 2014, 07:25 AM
Captain Starfire

Kwik mornin', boys & girl...

Lovin' this cold front -- 'twas 66* at the Plantation with bearable humidity. Wish I could set a station to this frequency. Headed to S. Shore to do sum paintin'. The jackass my brother hired to remove the burglar bars gouged the dickens out of the bricks to get the studs out, so I have another item added to the "to do" list. Sure wish I had at least one semi-handy brother. But I guess ya' gotta' thank the Man Upstairs for what you got.... I think there are 20 thumbs between 'em both.

Funny, Mike... I seem to recall seeing that ad at some point in my yoot... although Packards were pretty much extinct by the time of my coming into the world. I wish I'd have taken more pics, but I was stuck w/ my sorry little phone. (Better half was supposed to bring her camera, but alas, she fergot.)

Jamesbo, I'm in the market for a bush/brush hog as I write... thinking of a Billy Goat. Was going to rent one from the Home Despot this weekend and see how I like an abused one.

Clint, danke schoen. Hope y'all are doing well in the mountains. How is the general populace dealing with the new Rocky Mountain high? That'd have to be pretty weird walking into a weed store and picking out a product and flavor

Here's a pic of the '40 Buick I drove to the show in Sunday. Quite a nice car, actually... it's a "Fireball Eight" w/ 3 on the tree. The clutch was a bit grabby the first few take-off's, but smoothed out after that. Original paint! That's Gene's friend, Ken, beside it. Real nice guy, and he waxes all Gene's cars for him -- gratis. Now that's a friend. Ken drove Gene's '63 T-Burd conv't that got a second place competing against Corvettes. (There was only 1 Vette there -- a 'black '67 drop-top -- and it plucked the first prize in the category.)

Whelpt, y'all have a fab Thor's day, Oldsmochums.... Especially Allan if you can pause the Space Invaders game for a few hours . (Me not much on the video games... when I didn't care much for Pong, I kinda' threw in the towel.)

Last edited by Bee-Oh-Pee; August 14th, 2014 at 07:34 AM.
Old August 14th, 2014, 08:02 AM

John, glad that you had a good trip up this-a-ways, That '59 Olds looks sweet. I like the Buicks with the "Fireball Eight" and "DynaFlash Eight" on the valve covers.
Old August 14th, 2014, 09:31 AM

John, See dis dude getting off his horse. Well, I can whip his butt gett'in off a tractor when I run over a yellow jacket nest. Dat's de only thing I'm scared of with a walk behind bush hog.

Old August 14th, 2014, 10:08 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Originally Posted by Bee-Oh-Pee
...Especially Allan if you can pause the Space Invaders game for a few hours .
2048 isn't 'computer gaming' as you guys know or think it. It's a mathematically generated think box that gives my gray cells a workout, and I enjoy it. Isn't that the purpose of games, whether they are social or personal? True, sometimes there are bouts of luck, but overall it's about recognizing patterns, anticipating and keeping the brain active. I spend less time on the puter than ever before; just an occasional check once or twice a day. (like now)

CutlassDad - I get what you mean, no offence taken. My son does game on his laptop. Sometimes I think it's too extreme too but he always has the time to help me when I ask him to do something. He is social and does well in school too, so I have no complaints. He decided on his own this past month that he wanted to go back to college to pick up an extra program that would increase his inventory of skills (he graduated this year and is an Architect now) so he would be even more valuable to a future employer. I guess it's all in the eye of the beholder. He does well and is still in learning mode pretty much all the time. Far as the puter goes, if it wasn't for the puter, I likely wouldn't have gotten the deck built properly. I read lots of info and watched plenty of DIY shows to get all the features locked down. I'm a fan of technology to a point, but I'm old and don't absorb the new stuff very easily. I still am learning how my android based phone works.

Jim - I couldn't do that. Too old and I'd rather eat beef than rope it.

Mike - I actually spend less time than ever on the puter. My post count doesn't show you that in the last 3 weeks I've only posted about 80 times and about half of that was on this thread. See how important you guys are?

Time to go out and git at r.
Old August 14th, 2014, 10:37 AM

Allan,

funny you should mention college and gaming. During my step son's orientation. De said " Ten years ago kids flunked outa college fer drinking beer today, they flunk out because de play too many on line games
Old August 14th, 2014, 12:21 PM
Always room for one more

Now Allan you're sounding a little defensive. I was only funnin' ya. I am not one for computer games. But Lord help me if they ever come out with a craigslist game. CutlassDad, how old is your son? Perhaps the game machine will meet with an unfortunate accident at some point.

Jamesbo the show at the High goes through September 7. I went with a guy from work who told me about it. He's a member there. Three of us went today and all got in on his membership, and also parked for free. I was going to show the parking person my license plate and say I should park for free, I'm part of the family. Wonder if it would have worked. They have a good write up on the museum's website, you should check it out. Everything was excellent, but my favorite was the LeSabre. Also there was the Chrysler Gilda and a Thunderbolt, some weird French cars, a BMW made out of spandex and a Porsche that goes 0-60 in about 2 seconds.

John I wish I was closer I'd help you with the manse. I've only seen Billy Goat vacuums. I used to use a friend's Gravely when I helped him at his expansive farm(11acres).

The only thing I know about rodeos is the Rodeo song. Not gonna post that one up. Although it would make the penguins look mighty tame.

See ya's all later. Gonna go work on the wagon.
Old August 15th, 2014, 04:48 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

Not sure if this will post to get the werm or not. Aww. heck. I'll edit.

OK now that that is out of the way.

Happy Friday.

Nice lines on that Mike.

Going to the supersale down at Mile High Stadium to look at trailers tomorrow. I did get ahold of the dealer yesterday. He said he still hadn't heard from the Factory rep on answers to some of my basic questions. (total length, available options, price) He said since they haven't built these trailers yet, he has to go from department to dept. to get all the answers. It's been a week today. Not sure where these dept's are located. I've been looking a little closer at the trailer I really want but didn't want to spend the money on. I'm doing a real good job of justifying the extra expense. The closest one is in Davenport Ia. Here is what it looks like.

The Axles are the only thing that aren't aluminum, and there is no wood so its not going to rust or rot. and it weighs less than the work and play as well. I don't care for torsion axles.

I'm gonna see about getting Brit out for a bath this weekend. I also need to get the bikes torn apart.

Have a weekend all.

Last edited by CQR; August 15th, 2014 at 05:01 AM.
Old August 15th, 2014, 05:42 AM

Mawn'in all

Anutter nice one dis mawn'in

Clint, Whar do you like to go wit your trailer?

Mike, I've got a hanker'in fer sum scattered, smothered and covered. Wish you lived closer and there weren't 600 Aweful houses between us.

Did sum bush hogg'in yesterday an may get enough energy to turn the key on the tractor again today.

TGIF Olds friends
Old August 15th, 2014, 05:59 AM
Always room for one more

Another 60* morning here at the Campus and Grounds.

Jamesbo come on down. I'm headed to the Awful house in just a few minutes.

Clint that's a nice looking trailer. I think you should buy that one, and I'll meet you in Davenport and we can go next door to Bettendorf and eat at Jumers. Now that's some good stuff right there. I used to go to Davenport all the time, I'm from Moline and when I'd go visit my Grandmother we'd go shopping in Davenport. Doesn't sound like lots of fun, but I enjoyed spending time with my Grandmother and that's what she liked to do. What don't you like about torsion axles?

One thing I found interesting about the Firebird car yesterday was all the cracks in the bodywork. It's made of fiberglass and there's a chrome pointed nose in the front, and there's cracks all around it. There's also cracks and paint chipping over the whole body. This car wasn't really intended for a lot of driving, but they ran it around quite a bit and even got it up to 100 where it got rather squirrely. It's got a gas turbine engine. Man I'd love to see that thing go.

Okay plenty to do. Happy Friday.
Old August 15th, 2014, 06:38 AM
CQR

Jamesbo, we take it to the races every month. (at least once a month sometimes twice) and then we also go camping up in the wild with it.
Attachment 162863

Mike The one in Davenport is $3k more and a 2014 model. The One Pictured is in Rockford Il. and it has more options.
http://www.rvt.com/Livin-Lite-Quicks...24939-UX133075

I think it's because the price of aluminum is going down from its record high the past few years.
Old August 15th, 2014, 09:16 AM
Always room for one more

Rockford, even better. We can swing down to the city and get some pizza, hang out at the lakefront, go to museums, Michigan Avenue, go up in the Sears building. And then drive home with a cool trailer, can't beat it.

Oh and your buddy in Aurora, call him. Big time.

Last edited by slantflat; August 15th, 2014 at 11:39 AM.
Old August 15th, 2014, 09:24 AM

And the Museum of Science & Industry, haven't been there since the 9th grade (class field trip).
Old August 15th, 2014, 11:42 AM
Always room for one more

Love the Museum of Science and Industry. Saw several stages of the 727 being installed, and seen it several times afterward. Love the train set, the locomotive, the coal mine, the submarine, and of course the old time ice cream shoppe. Awesome place.

Field Museum, the Planetarium, Shedd Aquarium, Grant Park, man a tourist could spend days there and not see everything.

Can you tell I like Chicago?
Old August 15th, 2014, 12:06 PM
Captain Starfire

Happy Freya's day, boys & girl

Whelpt, hate to report I got sick as a dog painting the house yesterday. Not sure exactly what happened, but I think it was the convergence of a headache going in, smelling the Sherwin-Williams for 3 hours, and an 87* house by the afternoon. Tossed the cookies once on each side of L. Pontchartrain, so equal tossing for all....
Feeling a lot better now, but it was a rough afternoon yesterday. I think I'm going to go at the crack of dawn tomorrow and beat most of the heat. Hope to be out of the house by noon... Then better half & I are headed to the House of Blues Biloxi to see Boz Scaggs... have always liked him, but have never seen him. Really wanted to see Steely Dan in N.O. on 7/26, but didn't want to play the Ticket Monster game. Good seats were $200 & up, and I think I might pay that to see John and George resurrected for a Beatles reunion.

I'm sure the electronic games do the brain worlds of good, Allan... prolly why my gray matter is like limestone-flavored Jello these days.

Nice camper-trailer, Clint! What's it weigh? Has to be fairly light. I guess the load of water & stuff could easily add 1,000 lbs.

Hope it's steady as she goes, Sandy. Sorry about all that crap w/ the cameras. We have cameras here, but I only view the footage if something strange happens here and I'm looking for an explanation. It's so stinkin' time consuming... even on fast-foward. Still tryin' to get a glimpse of a miserable pig.
Mike, you sure know your State of IL!

Jamesbo, good luck on the tractor. Had to replace the battery on the Deere mower a couple weeks back. I keep a Tender on it and was a bit disappointed that the last Briggs-Stratton "extended service" battery lasted only 3 years; but I guess that's about the norm. The original battery lasted that long w/out a Tender and was smaller w/ fewer CAs and CCAs.

Whelpt, going to brave Wally World in a little while. Going back to the Hammond store, and the Ponchatoula one was a tad disappointing on my last visit.

Finally, here's the #3 car of Gene's we had in Boyne City, his pristine '63 T'Bird drop-top. Just watching that top lower into the trunk (and vice versa) is a show in itself....

Y'all have a great weekend, Oldsmofriends.

Last edited by Bee-Oh-Pee; August 15th, 2014 at 12:11 PM.
Old August 16th, 2014, 04:19 AM

Mawn'in all

Headed North.

Mike, I thought Grant Park was where de Zoo is in Hotlanta?

John, Speak'in as an experience battery tender of numerous gas powered things. There are Battery Tenders and there are battery tenders. De ones from HF are a POS.

GTG Enjoy de weekend Olds friends
Old August 16th, 2014, 05:09 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

John Thanks. Sorry you're not feeling well. Now you can really say you're sick of painting. The 8.5x24 weighs in around 5K pounds. has a 63 gal fresh water tank. and if we add 3 ATV's and all our other junk I doubt we will be near the GVWR(8000).

Mike, Sounds like a good time as long as we can get it all done in about 2-3 hours on a Saturday Evening. If this goes thru, I'll head out on a Sat Morning early so I can get there before they close. Hook it up and find a walmart lot to sleep in and head out the next morning to get back home. Also, It seems the torsion axles like to go out of alignment faster than spring types and the rubber seems to dry rot out of them.

Have a day all.
Old August 16th, 2014, 08:42 AM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

I think I did this on my last day off last week. Got up to get the dogs' breakfast and then went back to bed. Stayed there until almost 11. No Awful house today.

John that must be a really big house. It seems like you've been painting forever. Hope your malady has packed it in.

Clint that sounds reasonable about the axles. The torsion axles are supposed to give a better ride. Now that I think about it, what difference does it make, people aren't riding back there.

Jamesbo Grant Park in Chicago is sort of like Central Park in New York. Big open space on the lakefront. Buckingham Fountain is the centerpiece, and oddly enough I've heard the main computer that controls it is in Atlanta. Most of the big museums surround Grant Park to form sort of a campus. There's also the Grant Park Underground parking garage that is so old the concrete crumbles off the ceiling and falls on the cars.

Okay it's almost noon and I haven't progressed at all. Gotta mow today and move stuff around. Hope everyone enjoys the weekend.
Old August 16th, 2014, 06:37 PM
Always room for one more

Evening everyone.

Had a rather productive day once I got moving. Washed the back windows, which necessitated climbing up on a rather rickety extension ladder, cleaned out the gutters, mowed, and straightened up in the carport a little. I'm actually a little sore tonight.

Got a question for the construction types. I may have asked this before but if I did I don't remember the answer. Can I put any weight at all on the preformed rafters that are holding up the roof of my garage? I'd like to put a floor up there and use it for storage. I'd also like to be able to walk around up there, would make a pretty big floor. Now, there would be all the runners I'd have to duck around, but that's a lot of space I could be using and getting stuff up off the floor. I'd say the span is about 30 feet across. It's a good 25 feet from the door to the back wall.

Gotta stay up late tonight. Heck I might pop in a movie and veg on the couch. I haven't plugged in my VCR in awhile.

Have a good evening everyone.
Old August 17th, 2014, 03:52 AM

Mike,

Depends on what size de rafters are 2 X ?

Oh yeah Mawn'in

John, Why do you take pitchers of pigs root'in in your yard?
Old August 17th, 2014, 09:53 AM
Captain Starfire

Happy day of the sun, boys & girl.

Slept in dis mawnin' after our late nite at Hard Rock Casino last night... not too bad for an old man; we got back around 11:30. We left too late to go up there, however, as all the eating establishments had waiting lines; so we wound up dining on toasted bagels & coffee for dinner... that was especially rough, since I didn't have any lunch after my morning of painting.

Boz was fab last night... that geezer still has it! Turned 70 this year.
This video is from Reno in June, but it's the same ensemble, and he did do Lowdown last night. His female vocalist ("Miss Monet") really belts it out (altho not in this one) and is entertaining even by herself.... almost reminds me of a Chaka Khan.

Jamesbo, I'm just pi$$t 'cause I can't even get a glimpse of dem pigs on my video camera. But those boogers have to be among the stealthiest critters known to man. All I see is the damage they wreak. I could sit at the video monitor for hours the day after I see new damage. But I've done it before and it's just frustrating. I'd like to at least know the size of critter(s) I'm dealing with.

Seen tons of coons and rabbits; but no pigs... and they're what's doing the damage. I never did get that light you told me about, of course.

As fer the Tenders, I'm with you. I only use the "real" Battery Tenders. I have about 8 of them and a couple have gone out over the years; but they generally work very well. Of course, they're at least 2-3 times the price of the HF toys.

Clint, good you can get everything in there under the GVWR. I should prolly know, but what do you tow that behemoth with? My middle brother wants to downgrade from his F-250 diesel since he bought his newer lightweight camper. I don't know how he drives that thing around day in and day out... I'd personally get tired of maneuvering it in parking lots, garages, & spaces unless I needed pretty much every day. He only uses it to tow the trailer once every couple months. Spends a ton on putting kerosene in that hulk... I know he drives 3-400 mi/wk just commuting and putting around.

Thanks, Mike. The house isn't really that big (about 1900 s.f. living space); I'm just slow, and it's time consuming. It took me weeks just to get the walls patched up and even. I gave my two brothers assignments elsewhere in the house, so I'm painting (rolling and trimming) by my lonesome, which is fine by me.

Was waiting on a callback from the Home Despot on a Billy Goat brush hog, but of course, none is forthcoming. Good thing I'm sitting down or the surprise would floor me . Anyhoots, looks like showers are around the corner, so maybe bush-hogging isn't in the cards for today.

Have a great rest-o'weekend, Oldsmofriends.

Last edited by Bee-Oh-Pee; August 17th, 2014 at 10:10 AM.
Old August 17th, 2014, 02:56 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Overcast and a good day to sleep. I hope that doesn't translate into rain and a bad night to work.

John once you see the pigs in the video, what are you going to do then, tell their mothers? There isn't some sort of trap you can set or something you can put down to keep them away? Pig-Be-Gone maybe? Glad you enjoyed the show. I couldn't tell you the last concert I was at.

Jamesbo trusses are all 2x4 and 24 on center. I'd love to put stuff up there but don't want to have support poles in the middle of the garage. Maybe I should build another garage next to it. Hm..

Today is the dogs' birthday. Actually I don't know when it is but this is the day I got them 5 years ago. It was the beginning of their(our) new life so it fits. They are 9 years old. It is also my Mother's birthday. I called her the other day because I know my sister is there this weekend and they had lots of stuff planned.

I tell you I'm not sold on this wireless internet. My computer is now so slow, it won't load pages without refreshing several times, I get "cannot load page" messages, it's a big pain. And the cable company charged me 40 bucks to put it in after they said it wouldn't cost anything. I have never had good luck with computers. Actually the one I bought first, which was Pentium II worked the best. Sure it was slow on the dial up, but this one I have now is comparable. Sheesh.

Okay gonna hit the road. Hope everyone's evening is good and the week starts out good.
Old August 18th, 2014, 03:50 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

Mike, IMO 2X4 every 2 feet has its hands full holding up the roof. let alone any more weight.

John, I have a 3/4 ton Chebby with a Dirtymax in it. And I agree, even with a shortbed, a crewcab makes them a pain to use as a DD. So I just leave it attached to the trailer. That way no one steals the trailer either.

The missus and I took Brit for a drive up Golden Gate canyon yesterday. We went to the Gilpin county fair. Real small fair. The Wife of my employee runs it. She does well with what she has to work with.

Have a day all.
Old August 18th, 2014, 04:44 AM

Mawn'in all

Like mike said, Overcast but I may be able to get in 18 before de rain comes

Mike, 2 X 4's aren't gonna cut it. I vote for new garage annex

John, Bout dem pigs. Maybe you're aimed too high. Shoot low, de're riding Shetland ponies

Welp GTG whitey awaits
Old August 18th, 2014, 01:07 PM
Cutlass Lover

Afternoon all!

Sun and clouds here today. Temps around 80. Very nice day. Had some rain yesterday morning and it got humid. Saturday was sunny and hot. I went to a new show. It was their first one and I don't think I'll be going back! Participant voting and I got my butt kicked by a 57 Olds that was beautiful but dirty. Those beautiful chrome bumpers were dirty! So they knew each other...

Yesterday we had rain in the morning so I didn't plan any shows. I got all the carpets cleaned and got the windows washed inside and out. Figured I better do it now while I can still bend and stretch.

Going to head to the Riverfront tonight. Rain isn't supposed to start until tomorrow, then we have a chance of it every day right through the weekend.

Sunday is the Olds show in Alliance! It had better be nice!!! That will be one of the last shows I'm able to attend....

Spent all day last Thursday at the clinic. Got the CT scan, met with some internal medicine doc who went over my meds and this new breathing problem and all that. Had an EKG done. Met with a nurse and she had me and Larry practice with a drain tube bottle. We had to pretend to pour the goop out into measuring cups, as I will have to measure the stuff 3 times a day and keep a log of how much came out of each tube. We learned how to change the dressing around the tubes if necessary, she gave me a whole folder of paperwork and instructions and phone numbers I have to look at yet. She sent home with me a set of the measuring cups and bandages and log book. She said I wont get anything to eat or drink for 24 hours after the surgery. I told her how mean I'm going to be when my mouth and throat are so dry and irritated. It will be several weeks before I'll be allowed to lift my arms. I wont be allowed out of bed to use the bathroom or anything. Joy oh joy!! She said I'll be told to breathe deep and cough every hour. I'll have some kind of pump stockings on my legs. I was also given a bottle of antibacterial stuff to shower with the night before surgery and again the morning of surgery! This sounds like a real trip, lol. Man am I scared!!! So anyhow, it was 2:30 when we left the clinic and finally got some lunch.

Got home and got Teepo and headed to Bellacinos. What a great night! The benefit was a huge success and I'm truly humbled by the generosity of my car family and friends!! My neice had her little bake sale with a box for donations, and she got almost $300.00! Pam had a donations box set up at the entrance to the restaurant. Don Sitts donated $200, the DJ donated $100, Bellacinos gave me half the 50/50. All told they raked in about $1600.00!!! People were just walking up to me and handing me crumpled up bills out of their pockets, someone stuffed $50 into my bag I carry around, my one friends gave me a card that I opened when I got home and it had a hundred dollar bill inside. I was just overwhelmed! Still am. Dr. Smith was there too! I saw him and his wife inside eating, then I caught up to him later as he was looking at the cars. I didn't ask how he heard about it. I filled him in on everything going on with me. He hugged me. Wish he was doing the surgery.... Pedro from Defer showed up! It was great to see him. Jr even showed up with Alison, his ex! My nephew and his wife came and ate, Nicole and her friends came and donated and bought meals. The waitresses were running their butts off inside the restaurant and stapling a flyer to just about every bill, lol. God bless 'em all! My sister Linda won a few door prizes and was thrilled. It was just a great night. I spent most of it crying and thanking everyone.

I think I'm going to get a poster board and make a big thank you card and hang it on the DJ tent. Just to thank everyone I don't even know who donated. I have to get special cards for a lot my friends.

So that really eases my mind quite a bit. I will be able to make Tincanios payments and my other monthly bills while I'm off. I am so thankful!!!

I have to get the money to the bank yet.

None of my Ravenna friends were there, but I don't think they knew about it.

Nicole went to Indy to Jon's this weekend. She had an interview at a vet clinic there today. She texted me that they want her to do a working interview one Saturday when she's over there. Said this place plans on opening 3 clinics around January when she plans on moving there with Jon. I sure will miss her....

Clint... that's a great idea about the picture lol! . He still hasn't said a word. I did discover Saturday while I was cleaning the spare room, that the camera system is evidently plugged into the router! I saw this hole in the wall behind the desk with a yellow cable running through it into the living room wall. Sooooo... I think I can unplug it from the router and it will kill the cameras! I'm not sure though. I have to do some researching!!

We have trees turning color already. These cold nights we've had. Ain't no Hot August Nights this year lol.

Larry has been trying to get the little truck to run. He finally changed the oil and put some coolant in it. Dropped the gas tank and cleaned it out. The wiring is a mess. Half the wires aren't connected to anything! I'll have to take a pic with my camera and post. I told him to find a Chebby forum and get on and read. He found out they made a 47 and a 47-1/2 truck.

Well I better get off here. Just wanted to check in! Have a great evening all.

Last edited by cutlassgal; August 18th, 2014 at 01:24 PM.
Old August 18th, 2014, 03:01 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Beautiful day here. Would have been a good day for sleeping except my girl was all bothered about something. Have no idea what, the sun was out and it's been calm all day.

Sandy I'm glad your night was a roaring success. Nice to know people love you and will turn out to support you. May we all have that blessing.

Engine change last night. It went surprisingly well. We had to turn over running it up, so that means the crew failed. Doesn't matter that the plane got in two hours late, it had to be ready by 7 this morning. Now, if it would have come in when it was supposed to, we'd have all been heroes for getting it done and the plane would have been parked and we'd have been home early. Unless the inspectors blew up the motor running it, it would have made its 840 flight with no problem.

Time for night 2. Have a good night everyone. The pressure is off, Monday is over.
Old August 19th, 2014, 04:24 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

Mike, Bummer about the time shortage. Hopefully tonight will be better.

Sandy you can put a small piece of saran wrap on the contacts of the plug in and hook it back up. he may have a hard time diagnosing that.

Crappy day yesterday and don't feel like its gonna be much better today.

Have a Tuesday all.
Old August 19th, 2014, 05:28 AM

Mawn'in all

Rain dis mawn'in and spose to get really Hot dis afternoon.

Mike, Sorry your crew "failed" but is better than a "Withdrew Failing"

I did dat yesterday on the 17 hole.. Somehow shanked de $hit outa a ball in de ruff.

Sandy, You've got world wide support.

Welp, GTg to a meeting

Have a great day Olds friends