The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old April 23rd, 2023, 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by Vintage Chief
But, let's look at this from the standpoint of true "heat". It may be 93°F in Phoenix, but it sure as hell isn't unbearable with a absolute minimum amount of humidity @ 10%. I'd take 10% humidity @ 93°F over 90% humidity @ 93°F any day of the week.
Norm - 93° in Phoenix with the low humidity would be just fine. Only problem is, "in 2022 Phoenix finished with 22 days of 110° or higher temperatures, plus an additional 113 days of 100° - 109° weather". I don't think the lower humidity is going to help that much with those kind of extreme highs.
Old April 23rd, 2023, 04:19 PM
Always room for one more

I will Norm, if I really need the trailer off before then I'll use a floor jack. Otherwise, it can follow me around. Kind of an ego booster.

Old April 23rd, 2023, 04:54 PM
Running On Empty

Originally Posted by Dream67Olds442
Norm - 93° in Phoenix with the low humidity would be just fine. Only problem is, "in 2022 Phoenix finished with 22 days of 110° or higher temperatures, plus an additional 113 days of 100° - 109° weather". I don't think the lower humidity is going to help that much with those kind of extreme highs.

Whatever…
Old April 24th, 2023, 04:29 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

The lead is back and he had no comment about what went on last week. Why bother I guess, water under the bridge. I have the slow wall guy today, and if that isn't bad enough he says to me, I'm not feeling it today. So extra slow. I'll be doing a lot of internet looking.

So nice today but then rain off and on all week and over the weekend. I'm so tired of this rain. So my friend won't be coming out this weekend, we were going to do outside stuff.

I need to take the fancy new car in this week for them to look at the sunroof. I think the drain is clogged because water runs down the kick panel and onto the passenger floor. I hate to have Carmax hacks start ripping and tearing but they need to do it. I also get an intermittent tire pressure light. My fix for that would be take the bulb out of the dash, though I'd still get a message in the DIC. Geez, General Motors can be so dumb sometimes.

Okay hope everyone has a good start to the week.

Old April 24th, 2023, 05:11 AM
Running On Empty

Mike - Best to have a functioning DIC.
Old April 24th, 2023, 12:38 PM

Mike, have you checked your tire pressure? if under by only a couple of pounds, it will come on, but if you drive it, the tires will heat up and the pressure will come back up and the light will go off. Of course the tire pressure information module could be going bad. replaced a couple on the Saturn @ $50 a pop. It being a caddy, they will probably charge you double.
Old April 24th, 2023, 02:32 PM

It was our Federal Govt that required all 2010(I think??) vehicles to alert customers their tire are low, Not GM Mike. All of 'em were (are) required to do it.. Yeah, us consumers are too dumb to take care of our tire pressures, and parallel park, and stay in our lane, and.....
Old April 24th, 2023, 02:40 PM
Running On Empty

Originally Posted by Greg Rogers
...consumers are too dumb to take care of our tire pressures, and parallel park, and stay in our lane, and.....
Unfortunately, you're correct.
Old April 24th, 2023, 03:10 PM
Running On Empty

Tad cool outdoors today - nearly Chili weather rather than salad...

Old April 24th, 2023, 03:15 PM

Norm, Looks yummy [and healthy] I've been eating the same sandwich for about 65 years. It has gone from 50 cents ( " cuban " until 1959 when Castro took over) to $8.49 po boy. Still IMHO the best sandwich in Hotlanta

Old April 24th, 2023, 03:40 PM
Always room for one more

Greg I wasn't saying GM was stupid for having the low pressure light, I was saying I scratch my head at some of the things they do sometimes. Like naming the info center The Dick. It actually means Driver Information Center, but in the owners manual it's spelled out DIC, and it will say things like, push the menu button and make sure the DIC responds. Like they are trying to be funny.

The low tire pressure light comes on but also I get a message that says Service the Tire Pressure System. So it's worried about the system not the tires. The Saturn did the same thing. The light stays on for a little while then the message and the light go out. Weird.

Jamesbo I get a Cuban sandwich at Sonny's when I go there. I don't know if it's like a Po Boy, but it sure is good. My neighbor fixed me a cuban sandwich one time, it was piled high with everything. A friend fixed me a "Cubana" once, but it was really just cheese on rye because she was a vegetarian. The cuban at Sonny's is really good.

I skipped the car show tonight, which I said I wanted to go to because I forgot the last two. I would have had to bring Tiger to Mom's in the car, and I don't want him riding in it, and if I would have brought the truck, it still has the trailer on and I would have had to park miles away at the car show. It's going to run all summer, I'm not missing anything.

Old April 24th, 2023, 04:02 PM
Running On Empty

Jim - Henri's is such a good place. I love a good Po Boy or Cuban sandwich - delicious. Hey, I think I told y'all this before. There are various names applied to the old fashion "submarine" sandwich right i.e. Hoagie, Grinder, etc.? The submarine sandwich got its name Grinder from the shipyards along the coastline of NYC/NJ. Huge (ginormous) adjoining rivets holding steel together on the ships. The submarine sandwiches were made ahead of time for the "grinders" - those shipyard laborers who did in fact have the job of grinding those large ginormous rivets down to an even surface. When it came lunchtime, they headed to the delis for a Grinder.
Old April 24th, 2023, 04:12 PM
Running On Empty

Old April 24th, 2023, 05:01 PM

Norm, the salad looks delicious, and Jim, so does the Po Boy! I'd love to be having either one.

Coolish but sunny and pretty out. Did my lifting workout and mowed/trimmed. I'm pooped and we still haven't eaten yet, which is very late for us. Home Run Inn pizzas just came out of the oven so we'll eat here in a moment.

I had grown my hair out over the Winter just to say I still could. Today I had my wife give me my Summer Marine Corps buzz cut, it feels so much better!

Hope everyone had a great day!
Old April 24th, 2023, 05:25 PM
Running On Empty

Chris - Thanks. Home Run Inn pizza sounds good. I began shaving my head ~10 yrs ago. No barber, no waiting in line, no expense & I do it myself.
Old April 24th, 2023, 05:30 PM
Running On Empty

43/46 When it comes together it's nice, when it doesn't it sucks.
Dermatologist app't @ 0800. Tomorrow is a full body eval by a Derm w/ an M.D. Generally, it's a FNP, PA, etc. Every two years they want to perform a full body eval by an M.D. Fair-skinned, blonde hair blue eye patients are there cash cows.
Old April 24th, 2023, 05:47 PM

Chris - Thanks. Home Run Inn pizza sounds good. I began shaving my head ~10 yrs ago. No barber, no waiting in line, no expense & I do it myself.
I probably started shaving mine about 10-yrs ago too, but at first it was just in the summer. After I retired (2018) I shaved it and left it shaved until late last fall when I decided to grow it out again. I used to do mine myself too, but for me it's so much easier and faster to let my wife do it, plus it's so much easier for her to see what's going on in the back.
Old April 24th, 2023, 05:51 PM

Every two years they want to perform a full body eval by an M.D. Fair-skinned, blonde hair blue eye patients are there cash cows.
Right there with you as far as skin type, hair and eye color. Good luck tomorrow, I hope there are no areas of concern.
Old April 24th, 2023, 06:30 PM
Jeff

Mike, the "Service TPMS" message comes up because the TPMS's are dying. The only fix for that is to have them either rebuilt or replaced next time the car needs tires. When I got new wheels and tires for my son's Equinox, I decided to pay the little bit extra to have new sensors vs rebuilding them. Less of a chance of failure.
Old April 24th, 2023, 06:56 PM

TPMS was federal mandate in 2007.

They have two issues, one, low pressure, and two, it died. My original spare TPMS died recently. I borrowed a scan tool years ago and got my codes off the truck and had cloneable sensors made and sent. I now have a spare set of drive wheels and two spares that are a couple years old now wrapped in foil that are hot. I will get a new spare, and mount one of the two cloned spares this fall. I will also refurb my other set of wheels and put on new tires for the winter on those, then go back to these old ones on there now for their last hurrah for next spring, summer and fall. 2WD light pickups in winter weather need 3 things: 1 new tires. 2 sandbags. 3 limited, smart driving and careful parking.
Old April 24th, 2023, 08:55 PM

And here we go.

Old April 25th, 2023, 04:00 AM

Mike I hate that when your DIC wont respond... Yuk.. Oh wait, I can relate.
John, how can you get a TPMS sensor rebuilt? I assumed that had to be changed when bad.
Old April 25th, 2023, 05:57 AM

I don't get them rebuilt, I get them cloned onto TPMS sensors that you can program what code they send.
Old April 25th, 2023, 06:01 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Usual slow start to the day. I guess the first day back from vacation was too stressful, so the lead took off. Eh, things will go smoother.

When I had new tires put on the dogmobile, I asked them if they'd just put regular valve stems in. Nope, it was safety equipment they couldn't do it. I said, well they are broke and don't work anyway. Oh, okay then we can do it. That just guaranteed the light stayed on forever, which it was doing anyway.

Wow Kenneth look at you. The century mark already. "It's a dry heat."

Norm I do the full body eval every year. Of course I'm loaded with moles and freckles, and have had pre-cancerous growths that have been removed. In fact I think I'm about due for another one, I'll have to give them a call.

Last nice day for awhile. Rain through the weekend. If I were king, rain would need a permit.

Have a good day everyone.

Old April 25th, 2023, 06:15 AM
Running On Empty

Originally Posted by slantflat
Norm I do the full body eval every year. Of course I'm loaded with moles and freckles, and have had pre-cancerous growths that have been removed. In fact I think I'm about due for another one, I'll have to give them a call.
No areas of concern @ Dermatologist. A couple of spots they froze off near my temples. No biggies.
Old April 25th, 2023, 07:38 AM

No areas of concern @ Dermatologist. A couple of spots they froze off near my temples. No biggies.
Good deal!
Old April 25th, 2023, 07:51 AM

Morning guys,

Opposite here from what Kenneth's getting, unusually cool, but at least it's sunny.

Monty is going to the Vet this afternoon to get checked out. He has had some type of dermatitis or skin infection on his tail and hind end for awhile that's driving him crazy, and home remedies haven't worked. Wife and I both want to get him some relief.

Wife has been selling quite a few pieces of furniture lately. She's also participating in another one of those "Tough Mudder" obstacle course events with my youngest daughter on Saturday. This one is 5K course (last one was 3.5K), with larger and more difficult obstacles. Doesn't sound like fun to me, but I'll be there to cheer them on. I just hope the weatherman is wrong, right now the forecast is for high 50's and high chance of rain.

Hope everyone has a great day!
Old April 25th, 2023, 09:34 AM

Ok I think I finally got pics off my phone of truck. I wish I hadn't bought it, but too late for worrying about that. It has a lot more issues than I knew about- I knew engine was phucked, now I have found ft end is loose as a goose, brakes are bad, I hope trans is OK, cant see until engine is running, Oh it was my choice to buy it to fill my time, which it sure has been....

Old April 25th, 2023, 11:02 AM
Always room for one more

Greg I don't remember where that truck came from. Just some auction? I have every confidence that you'll get it running like a champ. Is that Howard Johnson's behind you?

Slow, slow day. After lunch I was at the point I should have been at morning break. And now that it's getting time to go, I'm not at the point I should have been at lunch. My wall guy is just not interested in working. I wonder if he and his wife and five children are interested in the soup line.

Remember I said I tore up the valance on the new car running it up on the tow dolly? I'm just going to pull the whole thing off. It's held on by plastic quarter turn screws. If it starts to run hot I'll get a part number off it and go get another one. Otherwise hey, it was fun while it lasted.

I just walked past the roll up door. It's nice out. Gonna enjoy it while I can.

Old April 25th, 2023, 11:18 AM

Greg - I hope the truck doesn't end up being a money pit and you can at the very least break even on it.

Mike - I do remember you saying you had damaged the lower air dam on the Caddy. I hope it doesn't run warm on you and you can just get by without it.

Last edited by Dream67Olds442; April 25th, 2023 at 11:50 AM.
Old April 25th, 2023, 11:51 AM
Running On Empty

Several days to one week ago I noticed a new modest sized 6" diameter hole near some bushes towards the back of the property. I went out to prune/trim some of those bushes ~one hour ago & nearly stepped on a 6'+ gorgeous black rat snake. He didn't race or dart off in a scurry, we stared at one another in a WTF moment, then he leisurely cruised along under the bushes. I suspect the new hole belongs to my buddy.
Old April 25th, 2023, 12:31 PM

I doubt snakes are very good at digging holes, so I wonder if he's a room mate for another critter?
Old April 25th, 2023, 12:59 PM
Running On Empty

I’m not 100% he’s in that hole I lost him under the bushes which is <1’ from the hole. Yes, it’s surely another critter’s hole or was another critter’s hole. I’m thinking he ate whatever was in or using the hole & perhaps called it his own. Win win…
Old April 25th, 2023, 01:01 PM

You can buy rebuild kits for the TPMS, or new ones, which aren't that expensive. I looked it up back when I needed to have one replaced on the Saturn. Installation looks easy as well, but the problem is, I didn't have a tire changer, so that negated that idea.
Old April 25th, 2023, 02:46 PM

Back from Monty's visit to the Vet. He had a clogged and infected **** glad that the Vet expressed. Vet gave us a spray to treat the irritation on his **** area and tail from where he has been spinning/scooting to relieve the discomfort. They are culturing the infection to determine the best antibiotic to use. Glad to have him diagnosed and being treated, I absolutely hate to see either of our dogs in distress, but it ain't cheap, $284 smackoroos!
Old April 25th, 2023, 02:49 PM
Running On Empty

Originally Posted by Dream67Olds442
...it ain't cheap, $284 smackoroos!
Exactly, does that include the culture?
Old April 25th, 2023, 03:21 PM
Jeff

Originally Posted by 1969w3155
You can buy rebuild kits for the TPMS, or new ones, which aren't that expensive. I looked it up back when I needed to have one replaced on the Saturn. Installation looks easy as well, but the problem is, I didn't have a tire changer, so that negated that idea.
Yeah, when Discount said it was $60 for all 4, not each, I just had them put new ones in. Peace of mind for the kid's vehicle. I already had to yell at him about checking the oil.
Old April 25th, 2023, 04:10 PM

Mike that is a A&W behind truck- YUMMY!! I bought truck from a gal off Facebook, It's really scary to think there are vehicles in this shape driving around all over. She was one of those that if it still moved she would drive it.
Old April 25th, 2023, 04:16 PM

Just looked up TPMS on line. I had no idea they were so cheap!
Old April 25th, 2023, 04:21 PM
Running On Empty

Originally Posted by Greg Rogers
Just looked up TPMS on line. I had no idea they were so cheap!
Can you buy a baker's dozen?