The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old May 14th, 2023, 06:24 AM

Jim - That sounds like one helluva fun party!
Old May 14th, 2023, 07:07 AM

The kids are having a Mother's Day brunch at the Old Man's place. All the mothers don't have to cook or clean up, that means I will be director of the cleanup. I'm a good pointer at what needs to be done.

My ex-wife (first wife) will probably be there in person but not all there as she has dementia and is quite handy capped. Hope she recognizes me, she was always a good person and fun to be around when she is there,

For only having one daughter we will have somewhere around 16 or 17 for brunch, the older one gets the more relatives you get, should be a good time...Tedd
Old May 14th, 2023, 09:27 AM
Always room for one more

Happy Mothers Day everyone.

Long, long day yesterday. I had trouble with my trailer right off, so I said Phuque It and went and got a Uhaul. Those car transports are so nice. Tiger and I drove down to Daytona area, met the guy at his shop around 6, loaded the thing up and I hit the road. I met some friends that live down there at Buccee's and we had a bite, and I left for home. Had a power nap somewhere around 2 and I got home right at 430. Just got back from dropping the trailer and having lunch. This afternoon will be yardwork at Mom's. I don't want her to think I was screwing around all weekend.

That sounds like so much fun, having a big party and lots of food. I was reading Miss Manners once and someone wrote in and asked what a 14 course meal was. Holy Toledo what it entails. I'm sure it would cost thousands and take three days to serve.

John I'm glad your dad has things worked out. So many people don't. I have no clue what Mom wants done. My Dad was cremated and she has his ashes -somewhere- in the house. He died in 1983. Any conversation that is started ends up in, you are just waiting for me to croak so you can get my stuff. Uh, sorry Mom. What I should do is when she gets like that, is make up something ridiculous, and tell her if she doesn't decide then that's what we'll do. Sort of like when she won't tell me what color she wants a room painted. I tell her, if you don't tell me I'm painting it black.

Chris I was over the other day and noticed the inside of the air cleaner lid had dirt on it. Bahahaha. Listen to me. I go out to wash the windows and end up planning a frame off restoration. Luckily I've never made it to the restoration point. How's the granddad?

Okay gotta do some work. I keep thinking I have 4 days. Nope. Friday was taken up, Saturday is done, Monday is taken up. That leaves today and it's half over. Beautiful out. Hope everyone is having a good day.

Old May 14th, 2023, 10:15 AM
Running On Empty

Siding - done. Found an item in the back corner of one of the refrigerator produce drawers - deep brown and hard. I won't be using that lemon.
Old May 14th, 2023, 01:15 PM

The Moose is loose...
I had a shirt 40+ years ago with this on it from Jake's Liquor in Sheboygen, Wi.
Old May 14th, 2023, 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by slantflat
Happy Mothers Day everyone.
How's the granddad?
Mike - That sure is a long day going all the way to Daytona and back, with Tiger in tow no less!

My kid's Grandpa is doing about the same and still in ICU. From all I have heard, the major remaining issue is some droopage/paralysis on the right side of his face, which may Orman not go away,, it's too early to tell. Good news is he seems to have all his mental capabilities,, speech, and functioning arms and legs. Could have been much, much worse. He's 81, so no Spring chicken.
Old May 14th, 2023, 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by 1969w3155
I had a shirt 40+ years ago with this on it from Jake's Liquor in Sheboygen, Wi.
Went to a nice car show at a Moose Lodge in Union, MO last season, and that is what they call their show, "The Moose is Loose". I won their Loyal Order of Moose (LOOM) award, their equivalent of Best in Show, one of only 2 I've won.

Old May 16th, 2023, 04:15 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Ah, back to work. It was a busy weekend. Picked Mom and my sister up at the airport yesterday, went and had lunch, then dropped my sister back at the airport. They had a good visit but Mom was glad to get home. I didn't do a thing at her house all weekend. Ended up mowing all Sunday afternoon.

Chris good job winning the Moose award. Now that I actually have something worth looking at I hope I can enter some shows this summer.

Well work started out good. There were no mechanics to sign off wheels on overtime, so my wall guy just saved all his wheels for me. I've already signed half of what I need for the day.

Okay Tuesday abounds! Hope everyone has a good day.

Old May 16th, 2023, 05:35 AM

Good morning everyone.

Chris good job winning the Moose award. Now that I actually have something worth looking at I hope I can enter some shows this summer.
Mike - Thanks for the congrats on the award, I actually won that last year, but only brought it up because some of the other guys were talking about the "Moose is Loose" phrase. I think I've said this before, but I sure hope you get your Chrysler out to some shows, there's alot of classic car nuts that would really love to see that one, you just hardly ever see any of the nice big cars.

My buddy, who is the Mopar nut and own's the Valiants, lucked into this truck by being a good neighbor. He lives in a very rural, farming area in Illinois in the Mississippi River bottoms, pretty much right across the river from where I am in Missouri. One of his elderly neighbors who was a farmer, and who he had helped countless times through many years, passed away and left instructions for his wife to offer the truck to my buddy Dave for $8K before advertising it for much more. The truck, an '89 Dodge 1-ton with the Cummins Turbo Diesel, only has 27K original miles on it, with no rust through, just a little surface rust in a few places. He's not sure what he's gonna do with it yet.

Old May 16th, 2023, 06:49 AM
Always room for one more

That is a nice looking truck. I'd love to put the Cummins in my diesel Suburban, but I don't have the time or money for the learning curve. I know others have done it, and it would be prohibitively expensive to hire it out.

I hope your friend gets some good use out of that rig, and can retrieve many Valiants with it.

Old May 16th, 2023, 07:13 AM

That is a nice looking truck. I'd love to put the Cummins in my diesel Suburban, but I don't have the time or money for the learning curve. I know others have done it, and it would be prohibitively expensive to hire it out.

I hope your friend gets some good use out of that rig, and can retrieve many Valiants with it.
I think he's leaning towards just fixing a few minor things and flipping it. He wants the profit to put into his '67 Coronet and other projects, and really has no need for that much truck. He's still trying to sell the '79? Dodge 350 Super Cab he restored (pic), although he mentioned the other day he is very close to making a deal with an interested buyer on that one.

Old May 16th, 2023, 09:17 AM
Always room for one more

Well, like GMC says, not more truck than you need, more truck than you're used to.

Work is really rolling along. I'm over my number already and we have plenty of work coming up. I told my wall guy to just keep giving me wheels, I don't care how many I sign. I may be the star player of the day.

Cloudy and warm today, hope it keeps up and the wind and thunder storm doesn't show up. Cloudy and warm, we're probably getting a thunder storm.

Old May 16th, 2023, 09:25 AM

Work is really rolling along. I'm over my number already and we have plenty of work coming up. I told my wall guy to just keep giving me wheels, I don't care how many I sign. I may be the star player of the day.
Good for you!
Old May 16th, 2023, 03:18 PM
Running On Empty

Can't decide what's going on w/ Wet Panties, but I'm not sitting on the car forever @ $27,500 so I sent her a text message stating "...the car will be available for a selling price of $31K after this Sunday, 5/21, if purchased directly from me & the selling price of $27,500 is no longer available after 5/21. Shortly thereafter the car will be listed w/ Classic.com for $33K w/ a reserve of $31K if she is still interested". She can either **** or get off the pot.
Old May 16th, 2023, 03:59 PM
Running On Empty

Evidently I ruffled her panties. Her husband (Doug) is going to come for a final look tomorrow @ 3PM. Supposedly, might exchange $$ this coming Thursday.
Old May 16th, 2023, 07:34 PM

Norm - Is your car an automatic or 4-speed? If automatic, is it a center console shift? One final question, is the convertible top operating correctly now? Thanks
Old May 16th, 2023, 08:23 PM

Originally Posted by Dream67Olds442
has 27K original miles on it
Are those different than aftermarket miles?
Old May 16th, 2023, 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by Fun71
Are those different than aftermarket miles?
Obviously, I don't know what the hell kind of miles they are???
Old May 17th, 2023, 01:44 AM

Norm, I like your style, After you sell yours Ill let you sell the Vista for a fee, My patience is gone
Old May 17th, 2023, 03:44 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Same players, different day. My wall guy is nowhere to be found. He was seen earlier, but he's taken off to talk and screw around. We won't be the star players today.

Norm, maybe Wet Panties is still at golf camp.

Rain today, again. It was nice not having rain for awhile. Bring on the drought.

Okay I guess I'll start at the beginning of the internet again and surf to the end. Have a good day everyone.

Old May 17th, 2023, 03:51 AM
Running On Empty

Norm - Is your car an automatic or 4-speed? If automatic, is it a center console shift? One final question, is the convertible top operating correctly now? Thanks
Chris - Auto, tilt-column shift, Yes. I believe Kenneth is asking how can there be any miles other than original miles? Saying the truck has "...27K original miles on it..." is modestly tautological/redundant...unless there's the possibility the truck was delivered w/ 27K miles which would be rather weird, eh? Albeit, Kenneth's question: "Are those [original miles] different than aftermarket miles?
Old May 17th, 2023, 03:56 AM
Running On Empty

Mike - Wet Panties is at home. She said she'd call me when she got home (which was last Friday). She didn't which prompted my text message to her. I'll give it a quick wash, wipe down the interior & engine compartment.
Old May 17th, 2023, 04:00 AM
Running On Empty

Jim - I've had my eyes open for anything which resembles someone having an interest in your VC since you posted.
Old May 17th, 2023, 04:08 AM
Running On Empty

I have my motorcycle listed in two places.
2010 Kings Mountain Indian Chief Vintage Motorcycle - $16,995 (Beaufort)
2010 Kings Mountain Indian Chief Vintage Motorcycle - $17,945 USD

Old May 17th, 2023, 05:02 AM

Originally Posted by Vintage Chief
Chris - Auto, tilt-column shift, Yes. I believe Kenneth is asking how can there be any miles other than original miles? Saying the truck has "...27K original miles on it..." is modestly tautological/redundant...unless there's the possibility the truck was delivered w/ 27K miles which would be rather weird, eh? Albeit, Kenneth's question: "Are those [original miles] different than aftermarket miles?
Norm - I agree, my original wording was redundant. I was trying to be funny in my response to Kenneth and that obviously didn't land. What I was originally trying to convey was that all evidence (knowing owner and how truck was used) points to the odometer reading as being accurate.
Old May 17th, 2023, 07:36 AM

Rant - Last November (2022) my wife purchased me a smaller Sony boom box with am/fm, CD, and Bluetooth to use in my workout room and the garage. Sony, they make a quality product right, WRONG! The damn CD player has already stopped playing and it's not even 6-months old! Now I'm jumping through hoops to get a return label, after which I'll have to take it to the delivery place, all for something that probably cost them <$20 to produce. Sure makes ya wonder if anyone makes a quality, non-disposable product anymore???
Old May 17th, 2023, 07:45 AM
Always room for one more

I used to think this too, every time something broke sooner than I thought it should. But it occurred to me once, maybe the item was a quality piece but it got dropped along the way, or left out in the rain and then dried, or whatever, and it became an inferior piece later. Yes, nothing like that is your responsibility, and it's a pain to put up with, but heck one just never knows. Why do you have to send it anywhere, can't you just return it to where she bought it?

Today is shaping up to be a normal day with a slack wall guy. We'll hit lunch short of where I'd like to be, and then start up late after lunch. Our number is lower today because the guys in the back were slacking yesterday. We still may not hit it. He's already come around for overtime for Saturday. He almost got me, he said he'd buy me Awful house if I came in. Tempting, but it still stings that they stole two hours of overtime from me last fall.

Old May 17th, 2023, 08:52 AM

I used to think this too, every time something broke sooner than I thought it should. But it occurred to me once, maybe the item was a quality piece but it got dropped along the way, or left out in the rain and then dried, or whatever, and it became an inferior piece later. Yes, nothing like that is your responsibility, and it's a pain to put up with, but heck one just never knows. Why do you have to send it anywhere, can't you just return it to where she bought it?
Mike - The boom box was bought from Walmart online and they only have a 60-day return policy. It's now 6-months old and I have to return it to Sony I I want them to honor the 1-yr warranty. Just an inconvenience, not the end of the world. Guess we'll see if they come up with a new one in the end, the jury's still out!
Old May 17th, 2023, 09:56 AM
Running On Empty

I’m trying to come up with something to bitch & rant about as it appears to be theme of the day - I got nothing, so far. This could change after Doug looks over the car (again).

I just pretty much detailed the car & of course thinking to myself $27,500 is a steal for this beauty. We’ll see - cash talks.
Old May 17th, 2023, 09:59 AM
Always room for one more

Gotchya. I would expect them to just swap it out and send you a new one. But wouldn't it be a bitch if they repaired it and sent you the same one back.

Still slow. We only needed 22 about 40 minutes ago, we should make it but who knows.

Old May 17th, 2023, 10:02 AM
Always room for one more

- cash talks.
And bullshit walks! I'm sure Doug will scrutinize the car and then peal off a bunch of benjamins and then burn rubber out of the driveway.

Old May 17th, 2023, 10:04 AM
Running On Empty

And bullshit walks! I'm sure Doug will scrutinize the car and then peal off a bunch of benjamins and then burn rubber out of the driveway.
Mikey - Exactly.
Old May 17th, 2023, 10:29 AM

I just pretty much detailed the car & of course thinking to myself $27,500 is a steal for this beauty. We’ll see - cash talks.
Man, I'm telling ya, I'd love to have a Cutlass convertible of that quality for that price! They're getting a great deal if they buy it. Good luck!
Old May 17th, 2023, 10:36 AM
Always room for one more

Norm do you have power door locks? What do you want for just the doors? My convertible has crank windows, what a pain. Wet Panties can ride around like it's a Jeep.

Old May 17th, 2023, 12:01 PM
Jeff

Why would you list it for different prices on two different sites? Is the higher price an earlier ad, and the CL ad represents the latest price point?

I did the slightly lower price on the 64 between this site and FB/CL, but then ditched that because I didn't want to give the impression of a scammer seller if anyone tried an image / in-depth internet search.
Old May 17th, 2023, 01:55 PM
Running On Empty

Originally Posted by Weezer
Why would you list it for different prices on two different sites? Is the higher price an earlier ad, and the CL ad represents the latest price point?

I did the slightly lower price on the 64 between this site and FB/CL, but then ditched that because I didn't want to give the impression of a scammer seller if anyone tried an image / in-depth internet search.
For nearly the same as you hinted. Locally (Craigslist), I'm thinking many (most) might not appreciate the vagaries in what's being offered for sale - so, I kept the price lower. The other site is a dedicated Indian Motorcycle site, so I'm keeping the price higher as they should be a more informed audience. Honestly, I'm of the opinion everyone is looking at my bike from the perspective of what would a brand new 2022 shiny (Polaris) Indian Vintage motorcycle cost me as compared to my 2010 Indian Vintage motorcycle made in Kings Mountain, NC? Most won't see the value. I'm fine w/ that. I'm not giving my stuff away.
Old May 17th, 2023, 01:59 PM
Running On Empty

He tested the top, used my crawler to check under the car for typical rust, sheet metal breakthroughs, etc. blah, blah, blah. We shook hands. Doug & Wet Panties (Leanne) will be over tomorrow where we'll march into his bank like little munchkins for the Notary ceremony, collection of $$ & transfer of title.
Old May 17th, 2023, 02:19 PM

He tested the top, used my crawler to check under the car for typical rust, sheet metal breakthroughs, etc. blah, blah, blah. We shook hands. Doug & Wet Panties (Leanne) will be over tomorrow where we'll march into his bank like little munchkins for the Notary ceremony, collection of $$ & transfer of title.
Congrats Norm, glad you made the sale!
Old May 17th, 2023, 02:43 PM
Running On Empty

Mike - The vehicle does not have power door locks, only power windows.
Old May 17th, 2023, 02:44 PM
Running On Empty

Congrats Norm, glad you made the sale!
Chris - Thanks. Parting will be sweet sorrow.