The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old June 5th, 2023, 10:45 AM

Uh oh, it's back . . . Crap! Actually they've had the lot right next to the new house construction behind us flagged for a couple of weeks now and we knew it was just a matter of time.

Old June 5th, 2023, 11:45 AM

Time to fire a toilet at it like Ernest P. Worrell.
Old June 5th, 2023, 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by Koda
Time to fire a toilet at it like Ernest P. Worrell.
Jim Varney was pretty hilarious in that role. However, my favorite Ernest was Ernest T. Bass from Andy Griffith.
Old June 5th, 2023, 01:51 PM

Pretty slow day but had to make a quick trip to Dollar General for necessities! Nothing like healthy eating!
Old June 5th, 2023, 06:35 PM
Running On Empty

The last time I enjoyed a Pop Tart was prior to the last Ice Age.
Old June 5th, 2023, 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by Vintage Chief
We were spoiled as kids as far as having Kellogg's cereals and treats in the house. My Mom was the head nurse in the dispensary at the Main Plant in Battle Creek. Every full time employee got a monthly amount of free cereal or other products. I don't remember what the limits were, but I can tell you we were never without whatever cereal we wanted, or Pop Tarts. I've never lost my taste for them.
Old June 5th, 2023, 06:59 PM
Running On Empty

Originally Posted by Dream67Olds442
My Mom was the head nurse...
Chris!!!!!!!!
Old June 5th, 2023, 07:08 PM

Chris!!!!!!!!
!!! AiYiYi
Old June 5th, 2023, 07:26 PM
Running On Empty

Originally Posted by Dream67Olds442
!!! AiYiYi
I've heard the Head Nurse joke so many times in my life I could not pass up the opportunity...I'm bad (I know this).
Old June 5th, 2023, 07:32 PM

I had to look up the head nurse joke. As such, I subject you to the following.

A doctor walked by and a nurse said, "Doctor, do you know you have a thermometer tucked behind your ear?" "Great," the doctor replied, "some ******* has my pen."
Old June 5th, 2023, 07:36 PM
Running On Empty

I had to look up the head nurse joke. As such, I subject you to the following.

A doctor walked by and a nurse said, "Doctor, do you know you have a thermometer tucked behind your ear?" "Great," the doctor replied, "some ******* has my pen."
Well played, well played...
Old June 5th, 2023, 07:36 PM
Running On Empty

Old June 5th, 2023, 07:38 PM

Nice one!
Old June 6th, 2023, 03:10 AM

x2 And I've never heard the head nurse joke soo please enlighten me
Old June 6th, 2023, 04:05 AM
Running On Empty

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
x2 And I've never heard the head nurse joke soo please enlighten me
There are several variations of this joke's theme.
How do you tell the head nurse from the other nurses? The head nurse has the dirty knees.
Tee-time 9:30am
Old June 6th, 2023, 07:10 AM

Sorry Chris, Pop tarts are like breakfast Tilapia
Old June 6th, 2023, 07:15 AM
Jeff

Them's fightin' words. I love me some Pop Tarts, especially the chocolate fudge. I do not like my Pop Tarts straight from the package, though. They need to go thru the toaster.

Once I found out that tilapia was a garbage fish, that is fed garbage, and only farmed, I would not allow it in my house again. YUCK.
Old June 6th, 2023, 07:16 AM

Jim - To each their own. FYI, I never eat them at breakfast time, most often consumed in the middle of the night when I wake up and have a craving for something sweet.
Old June 6th, 2023, 07:21 AM

Originally Posted by Weezer
Them's fightin' words. I love me some Pop Tarts, especially the chocolate fudge. I do not like my Pop Tarts straight from the package, though. They need to go thru the toaster.
Now there's a man with taste! Agree they are 100% better out of the toaster, but I have to admit I will eat them straight out of the package and still enjoy them.
Old June 6th, 2023, 07:34 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Things going smoothly so far. My wall guy(I guess for the rest of the week) is a good guy and does a good job. So I've got a premier team.

Got my car back yesterday. I tried calling all day and I'd get put on hold by the computer then it would hang up. So I went in after work and talked to the guest service manager. She said oh, this is a mistake, and fixed it in about 20 seconds and gave me the key and said have a nice day.

Chris it's time to move. Get you some acreage and enjoy the quiet life. Get some horses.

My sister used to eat Pop Tarts like they were going out of style. I never got into them. I've always been a cereal kind of guy. But these days I look to see if the cereal has trisodium phosphate in it. I don't want to eat food with a caustic floor cleaner as one of the ingredients.

Okay time to start thinking about lunch. One thing about my wall guy, he likes to leave early for break. I might get two episodes of Highway Patrol in today. Have a good day everyone.

Old June 6th, 2023, 07:37 AM

I do not like Tilapia.
Old June 6th, 2023, 07:37 AM

These were offered for sale yesterday on this site and I jumped on them. Already have the '67 CSM and Factory Assembly Manual and these will be nice additions. I would like to find a nice parts # catalog.

Old June 6th, 2023, 07:43 AM
Always room for one more

You can't beat original factory service manuals. I have them for several of my cars and they are invaluable. I grew up using Chilton and Clymer and later on Haynes. They aren't even close as far as I'm concerned and I've found mistakes in them as well. For instance I had a Chilton for my VW and it had the procedure for adjusting the clutch cable backwards.

Now go get your own greasy prints on them!

Old June 6th, 2023, 08:15 AM

Originally Posted by slantflat
Good morning everyone.

Got my car back yesterday. I tried calling all day and I'd get put on hold by the computer then it would hang up. So I went in after work and talked to the guest service manager. She said oh, this is a mistake, and fixed it in about 20 seconds and gave me the key and said have a nice day.
Mike - Sure glad you got you car out of jail without having to raise a stink. You should have asked the gal how they were going to reimburse you for your time, inconvenience, and gas?

I know several people that have horses, and I thoroughly believe they are more of a money pit than cars, motorcycles, and boats! No thanks!!!
Old June 6th, 2023, 08:38 AM
Always room for one more

Ah that's just a myth. Horses are just big dogs.

I'm sure it says in the fine print somewhere that all the incidentals that I'm stuck with are my responsibility. We wouldn't want the multimillion dollar company to be put out by taking care of the customer, would we? Sheesh. If Mom didn't like the car so much I'd sell it. It took a long time to find something she would be comfortable in, I wouldn't want to start that search over again.

Computer says its 82 and sunny. Last time I walked past the roll up door it looked nice out. Rain up by Jamesbo this morning.

Old June 6th, 2023, 09:39 AM

Mike Only a light/thunders show and spit rain A little farther norte got a good soaking
Old June 6th, 2023, 11:51 AM

D day gentleman
Old June 6th, 2023, 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by slantflat
Computer says its 82 and sunny.
We hit 107 yesterday. Luckily, a cold front is blowing in and it will only be mid-high 90s the rest of the week.
Old June 6th, 2023, 05:27 PM
Running On Empty

Mike - If you ONLY eat cereal I'd commend you on reviewing the label for TSP. But....fact is, cereal is the least of your worries. TSP is contained in nearly ALL processed meats and cheeses - yep, all of them. Dollars-to-Donuts you aren't eating anywhere near the recommended not to exceed daily intake of 70 grams TSP (~12 tspns). NaCl (sodium cholide), table salt not to exceed daily intake is ~3 grams NaCl (~3/4 tspn). Don't worry about the TSP in your cereal, worry about the processed meats (cheeses?) you're eating @ Awful House.
Old June 6th, 2023, 05:48 PM

D day gentleman
Sad that I saw zero references to this day on any of the local newscasts. Nothing popped up online either. Just sad. I went to a foot and ankle doctor today, as the metatarsal area on th inside of my left foot kept giving problems. came up out of nowhere about 5-6 weeks ago, no twist, or tripping, etc. Took xrays, nothing severe but, he said the tendon is trying to rip away from the bone. WTF! He wants me off work for five days, but I wasn't game for that. He wanted me to wear a "boot", but no can do while at work, as a safety toe and metatarsal guard are required. So, an NSAID and inserts for my work shoes. Back in five weeks. If I don't see an improvement, I may take the time off, in July.
Old June 6th, 2023, 06:02 PM
Running On Empty

Dan - Foot pain sucks. I had an issue a couple times. Turned out I was lacing my shoes too tight and the shoes I was wearing were not wide enough (too tight) towards the toe area. Loosened my lacing and started wearing wider shoes - took several weeks but cleared my issue. Foot pain does suck.
Old June 6th, 2023, 06:06 PM

Norm, I though that my old work boots might have been the problem as I had been wearing them for three years, but I bought a new pair of Rockport work shoes three weeks ago, sort of a deck shoe style, as I was tired of wearing the heavy boots, and wanted something lighter, but no luck with the foot pain.
Old June 6th, 2023, 06:24 PM
Running On Empty

Dan - My all-time most favorite work boots are Georgia Boots. I might be on my 10th pair over 30-40 years - they are just absolutely comfortable. My issue was really w/ my golf shoes. Athletic shoes e.g. running, golf, tennis, etc. are quite tight at the widest point of the toes and crinch your toes together too tightly - that alone helped immensely. The work boots I've never had an issue with - love Georgia Work Boots. Good luck, man.
Old June 6th, 2023, 06:40 PM

Norm /Dan I tend to stand with my feet rolling to the right [forgotten the medical term] But lately I've had to go get calluses shaved off. The last Dr I went to told me they would come back with in a few weeks unless I added padding around callus on the inside of the shoe I [per his advice] bought a $50 shoe insert at Dick sporting goods that the next time I go in The Dr. will cut a few holes around where these things keep returning So the callus wont be able to rub against the bottom of the shoe Dan I also had to toss my dearly loved LL Bean moccasins They were so comfortable but started killing my feet.. The last week or so I've been wearing Foot Joy canvas golf shoes everywhere and am amazed at how much better having lateral support helps

Last edited by Jamesbo; June 6th, 2023 at 06:45 PM.
Old June 6th, 2023, 08:22 PM

Dan - I hope the foot issue clears up without anymore drastic measures. Wishing you luck!
Old June 7th, 2023, 02:45 AM
Running On Empty

Jim - I had to look it up I never remember those names. I'm guessing supination?

Old June 7th, 2023, 04:07 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Good start to the morning. And it's my Friday so that's good as well.

Norm my favorite work boots are Redwings. Although a big complaint I have about them is the souls wear too quickly. Yes I walk on concrete all day, but I would think they could last more than a few months. I had a pair with all the options. Electro-static proof, non skid, oil proof, penetration proof, etc. They were rather expensive. For years I would wear them out and send them off to be re-souled. I quit wearing them when my hip got so bad, the boots were causing me pain because they were to heavy to walk in. Hm, makes me sound like a wimp.

Norm I can't believe there are "safe" amounts of TSP to consume. That's like saying there is a safe amount of cyanide, or phosgene gas. I read somewhere that the TSP in food is different than the TSP cleaner. My thought is that if it were different, it would have a different name. All this from a guy who consumes gallons and pounds of high fructose corn syrup a day.

Jamesbo what's the name of the church where the paratrooper landed and got caught on the steeple?

Okay work is piling up, can't mess around all day. Hope everyone has a good day.

Old June 7th, 2023, 04:15 AM
Always room for one more

Okay I found it, but I can't insert a link. Probably because Wikipedia is a secure website.

The man was Pvt John Steele and he landed on Sainte-Mere-Eglise church in France. He hung there pretending to be dead but the Germans took him prisoner later on. He escaped four hours later. Pretty interesting reading about him.

Old June 7th, 2023, 05:45 AM

Norm - I found your rant the other day about how GREED is driving today's values (I agree 100%) as fittingly prophetic when I first heard about the merger between the PGA Tour and the Saudi backed LIV Golf yesterday. Same, same I say, no honor amoung thieves. Any thoughts?
Old June 7th, 2023, 05:54 AM

Mike, Redwing bolted Vibram soles on some boots. They work for me. I did kill a pair before them very quickly by sole wear. If that pair was 0, I am on pair 4 just now and have pair 5 getting ready over 15 years. Plus one or two unrelated pairs. I think I have gone through 7 pairs in 17 years, and am on 8 and 9 now, and have 10 ready. I try to alternate shoes and not wear two days in a row on the same pair.