The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old November 4th, 2011, 11:23 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Or Cher-wine
Old November 4th, 2011, 12:29 PM
Cutlass Lover

Well ya got me on the Chero Cola, Jamesbo! Never heard of it. I do like RC cola. I went and read about that Chero cola.... interesting!
Old November 4th, 2011, 12:33 PM

I don't know how Pat's poke roast taste yet, But it smells gooder than snuff.

Sandy, Cha wanta "Moon Pie" to go wit dat RC?
Old November 4th, 2011, 04:01 PM

Thought that I had a Double Cola bottle in my mini collection, but I don't. I do have an Oh-So bottle, Bubble-Up, and a green 7UP bottle. Still have to get a Kick a Poo Joy Juice bottle (Mountain Dew).
Old November 4th, 2011, 05:22 PM
CQR

I don't know how Pat's poke roast taste yet, But it smells gooder than snuff.
It's fabulous. And the whole house smells good for days!
Ours was probably only 3-3.5 lbs, and it only took 1.5 hours to cook at 350F. So next time I'm gonna try setting the oven at 250F
Old November 4th, 2011, 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by CQR
It's fabulous. And the whole house smells good for days!
Ours was probably only 3-3.5 lbs, and it only took 1.5 hours to cook at 350F. So next time I'm gonna try setting the oven at 250F

Glad you liked it. Got another poke recipe I'm trying if it's as good I'll post it.

Another good pop is Nesbitts. Orange was the best
Old November 5th, 2011, 04:14 AM

Evening all, last night shift for the week, yay.

We don't get much in the way of soda where I am. One corner grocery store has several types of American soda which is good but they are $2 a can so I don't get them all the time

I voted for teepo Sandy, hope she wins

I will try that poke of yours Pat when I get a cool night

Have a good day/night ya'll

Adrian
Old November 5th, 2011, 06:03 AM

Mawn'in all

Cool and clear.

When Red and I went fer our mawn'in constitutional, He decided to take off and chase a frigg'in Black Bear. He's hav'in a "Time Out"

Pat, Cha got yo self a win'in recipe wit dat poke recipe ya shared wit us. Sho was good.

Y'all have a wonderful weekend,
Old November 5th, 2011, 07:46 AM

Good morning all

Saturday sure is a fine day to continue work on the 48. Turn on the tunes, have a few beers standing by, wifey is out of town until Tuesday. Doesn't get any better than this

Jamsbo, Red's just doing his job keeping the bear out of the hot tub ya otta give him a beer for his efforts.

Have a great weekend all
Old November 5th, 2011, 08:38 AM

[QUOTE=citcapp;338177]Saturday sure is a fine day to continue work on the 48. Turn on the tunes, have a few beers standing by, wifey is out of town until Tuesday. /QUOTE]

Pat, Ya better get alot done or she's gonna think ya spent all weekend watch'in pole dancing at the "Shoe Show"
Old November 5th, 2011, 09:10 AM

Hi all...

Still a sunshine autumn here in Germany... Way better than usual for
November..

So it tastes nice in the "Biergarten"...

Prost...

Udo
Old November 6th, 2011, 07:57 AM

Good Sunday Morning all,

The weather this weekend has been and still is nice. Sunny and going up to 11C today.

I spent yesterday looking around a local U-Pull-It. They had a sale on seats, only $8 a seat. Wanted to see if there were any modern bucket seats that might look good in the Cutlass. I saw a set, but I think the latch for the seat recliner is broken on it since it would not latch into the normal upright position. I'm going to try and work on the Cutlass for a couple of hours.

For all of this drink talk, the only one I have ever had from the ones mentioned is the RC Cola and I have heard of Radar's beverage of choice as well, but only on the show.

Have any of you heard of Orbitz? It was a drink in the late 90's. It was really good.

Old November 6th, 2011, 08:35 AM

Good morning all

Well we're off of daylight savings time and that means going to work in the dark and getting of work in the dark in this part of the country. Depressing is word that comes to mind. Still the sun is shinning today so I guess I need to put my whine aside and enjoy the day. Back to work on the 48 then to the OCA chapter meeting this afternoon. My second to last as president. Now I can do other things of interest in the chapter.

Have a great day all
Old November 6th, 2011, 10:11 AM

Evening All....
Anyone watch NFL today ?
Here in Germany, ESPN-Europe
displays New Orleans vs Tampa Bay..

Nice Day..

Udo
Old November 6th, 2011, 11:06 AM

Afernoon all

Beautimous day in de neighborhood.

Y'all are mak'in me thirsty.

Set my clock back and now I starty drink'in an hour early.

Seriously, I never, and I mean never drank dud suds until Coors came out wit de cool can dat changes colors when it gets super cold.

How'd de do it I wonder?
Old November 6th, 2011, 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by CQR
Howdy.

Calling for 3-6" more of the dreaded stuff on Weds.

It was a good day Sandy. That place has a neat history, and its really a neat place. I noticed that the doors didn't fit properly on most of the rooms. Can't wait to stay there next year.

Parts of Dumb and Dumber were filmed there.
Old November 6th, 2011, 05:29 PM

Morning all, good to see the sun shining today. Now I can mow the lawn but I don't think I will, more of a lazy day I think.

All this talk about drinks makes me think of Fosters. It is an Australian beer but no one here drinks it. It has been at least 10 years since I've seen it at the bottle'o. Maybe because it taste like crap

Sandy are you out getting in one last cruise? Good luck to ya if you are

Well it was my anniversary on Saturday, married 6 years I know it isn't much compared to some of the CO members but I am only 29 so I think for this day and age where young people get married and divorced in the same year we are doing good.

Talking about being married, Tink wants to go shopping so there goes my lazy day Wish me luck lol.

Have a great day/night everyone,

Adrian
Old November 6th, 2011, 05:59 PM
Cutlass Lover

Evening All!

I've had a busy weekend here!! Man I really hated it getting dark at 5:30 today. I get depressed with all this dark. I don't mind goin to work in the dark, but I like to have the daylight when I get home.

It was a beautiful weekend here. Temps in the 60's and sun...glorius sun! It was cold as heck yesterday morning. We got down in the 20's Friday night so there was heavy frost yesterday morning. But it warmed up noonish. This is really strange, but I have daffodils trying to come up, and also some lily's!! I don't know if they think it's Spring or what, but I hope they come back at the times they're supposed to, lol.

I cleaned the house and did laundry yesterday. Larry helped me schlep the Halloween containers back upstairs in the garage and bring the other ones down. I made a pot of Jamesbo's baked tater soup for supper... yummmmmmm!!!

Today I spent all day outside. Put all the scarecrows out everywhere and the fall decorations. Took flower pots and crap out to the shed. Washed the rocking chairs that we put on the deck all summer - they get rained on and stuff so they get dirty and get like green moldy crap on them. So I washed them and put them in the sun to dry before we put them back upstairs. I found the cover for the AC unit in the shed and brought it out and put it on. Then I took my Ultimate Cloth and washed all the windows outside. Did the inside of them tonight when I came in. They look so nice when they're clean. Straightened up my mess out in the breezeway.

Well I put Teepo out in the back garage today. *extreme sadface* I feel Cutlass withdrawl setting in already.
The yard was dry enough out there to take her across. I had Larry drive his truck out there first to see, lol. I added the Stabil and went and topped off the tank - didn't need much - and drove her awhile. Brought her home and pulled her in back there on the tarp. She is sad now.... Me too.

I'm gonna have to try this poke recipe of Citcapp's, lol. It sounds good!!

Adrian.... thanks! I'm not quite sure how to vote, being as I don't understand all that! I sure hope I make it! Doesn't she look pretty with the fall colors? Happy Anniversary! 6 years is great, I think!!!

Well gotta get ready for back to work in the mornin, so I'll talk to ya tomorrow!

Last edited by cutlassgal; November 6th, 2011 at 06:02 PM. Reason: Teepo withdrawl
Old November 6th, 2011, 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
Cool, Now let's see who knows 'bout Chero Cola.
or "Ski" or "Doubble Cola"
New to the forum and was trolling around and happened across this post. If ski wasnt the best soda out there I wouldnt be posting this but yes, i know ski. It's a shame I can't get it in Iowa but I visit my mother a couple times a year and stock up on it.
Old November 6th, 2011, 11:15 PM

Kind of a mixed weekend for me. My mother died on Friday, and of course I was too far away to be with her (she's in Montreal). They said she had an aneurysm in the heart and that it would kill her. They also said that she would probably not survive the operation in her weakend state. She died the next day. They gave her morphine so if it burst, she wouldn't feel pain. At least she didn't suffer. Sometimes death is not the enemy we perceive it to be, but a gentle and kind friend.

At the opposite end of the spectrum, my son (and his teammates) dedicated the city championship football game to her last night. They faced the top team in the opposing division, like us, undefeated. We played hard and came away with a 29-6 win. It could have been more, however with 1 minute left in the game, 1st down on the other teams 2 yard line, the ref's instructed us to run the clock by taking the maximum time to "snap" the ball (20 seconds) taking a knee (3 downs) and winning the tier 1 city championship. That's what I call an emotional roller coaster.

I'm glad my son's team won, and I take solice in my father's last words to me when thinking of my mother. "Just because the Sun sets and you can't see it, doesn't mean it's not there."

Here's wishing you all, a less eventful week.
Old November 7th, 2011, 12:27 AM
"Car"mudgeon

G'morning All!

I am truly sorry to hear about your Mom, Ken. My prayers are with you and yours.

It's Monday and I owe, I owe, so off to work I go.....

Yall have a good day

Scot
Old November 7th, 2011, 04:26 AM

Mawn'in all

Ken, So sorry to hear of your loss.

With rue my heart is laden
for golden friends I've had
For many a rose-lipt maiden
and many a light foot lad

By brooks to broad for leaping
the light foot boys are laid
The rose lipt girls are sleeping
in fields where roses fade..

Housman
Old November 7th, 2011, 04:48 AM
CQR

My condolences Ken.

70cutt, welcome to the thread.
No lookin forward to the dark days of winter, snows in the forecast for today and tomorrow. I guess its just one day closer to spring.

Have a good week all.
Old November 7th, 2011, 05:41 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

Ken.... I am soooo sorry to hear about your mom. That hurts my heart. I'll be keeping you all in my thoughts.

Well it's cloudy today but 52 degrees right now. Goin up to the 60's with some sun later they're saying. Tomorrow is supposed to be nice also, then here comes a cold front...... temps to drop to daytime highs of 40 and some rain. Oh well, Teepo is away now, so let it rain. Least it's not snow.... yet!

I have to take Lin shopping tonight after work, so I'll be headin to Ravenna. Probably won't get home until 10 or so. I hate this time change. I don't feel like I slept at all last night, lol. It always takes a couple weeks to get into the routine.

Quiet in here today. Steve and Clay are talkin sports, of course. Every morning like clockwork, lol!

Welcome to our thread 70Cutt! Always nice to have a new joiner, lol!! We talk about everything on this thread, lol!

Well you all have a great day!
Old November 7th, 2011, 06:20 AM

Sorry to here about your Mom Ken, she will live on in your heart forever and the pain of the loss will ease. Best to you and your family

Pat
Old November 7th, 2011, 07:01 AM

Condolences to Ken...

What happens in Vegas ? The first German Player on Final Table,
in the WSOP Main Event still goes rocking...
From the November Nine, three Players remaining,
and Pius Heinz have a great Chiplead to go for
World Champion...

Best regards

Udo
Old November 7th, 2011, 08:00 AM

Good morning all,

My condolences to you and your family, Ken.

I have most of my homework for the week done, so finally, I will be working on the Cutlass today. Going to change the distributor to an HEI I have from another Olds engine. Then my mini-started will wire up no problem.

It is a nice sunny day here, it is already up to 11C and should reach 14 this afternoon.

Have a good day.
Old November 7th, 2011, 12:54 PM

Our thoughts are with you and your family Ken. We're sorry to hear about your loss.
Old November 7th, 2011, 10:41 PM

Thanks for all your warm wishes. It's really appreciated.

No snow here yet. We usually get some snow, even though it doesn't last, but so far nothing. The word is possibly Fri or Sat. Another long weekend here with Friday being Remembrance Day.

The 442 is put away even though some old cars can still be seen on the road. My plates expire at the end of the month anyway. I'll renew in April or May. Insurance stays on. For $145 a year I just leave full coverage.
Old November 8th, 2011, 04:25 AM

Mawn'in all

Nice cool mawn'in wit warmer afternoon.

Pat, I stated flip'in my wrist when pitch'in a played like a goat yesterday. 44-50 This game drives me crazy. 4 pars on de front side and then got into de doubles.

70Cutt,

Welcome to de thread. "We talk about everything on this thread, lol!"

Actually,Sandy Talks about 2 things mostly, Car show [during de summer season] and whines about de weather [Season just beginn'in]

I haven't seen any Ski fer sale since I was a pup.

Speak'in of frigg'in Deer. Did ch'all see dis on de news? It's real near me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VyIMIA92ZK8

Udo, What's dat short fer?

Adrian, Dis week I'm gonna try out sum down under recipes. I jes can't make up my mind which to tackle first. If I need sum translations done, I'll P.M. ya.

Cardesigner, Never heared of "Orbiz" It reminds me of a Lava Lamp.
Sorry youngsters, A Lava Lamp was a 60's tacky craze.

Y'all have a great day
Old November 8th, 2011, 04:46 AM
CQR

Good morning All.
I wonder if the deer thought the beer gave him a headache? Crazy critters.
Ahh, Lava lamps. Yup. before my time.

Have a great Tuesday all.
Old November 8th, 2011, 05:55 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

Happy Election Day to ya!! I went and voted on my way to work. It's a beautiful morning out here.... sun and heading up to around 70!!!! Supposed to get rain possibly overnight and it's gonna be cloudy tomorrow, but real warm again. Then the bottom falls out and we drop to the 40's on Thursday.

I am sooooooo glad this election will be over. I'm real tired of hearing about the issues. All the junk mail and commercials...... Lord!! We have that 'tricky' Government/ Union issue 2 on the ballot. The way it's worded is very confusing so people are gonna have a hard time with that one. This has been a very hard fought by all sides, issue. It's gonna be interesting.

Jamesbo..... I'll have you know that I talk and whine about 3 things, lol! You left out "The Friggin Deer"!!!!! 70Cutt will figure that out soon, if he hangs around, lol!!! Oh yeah...... we left out "Cutlass Withdrawl" too, now that Teepo is put away for the winter. Is it Spring yet?????

Gotta go to the dentist tonight for my 6 month checkup. Figures... I finally have the balance I owe him down to $220.00, and tonight will probably be close to another $200 added on. It's always something isn't it, lol!!

Took Lin shopping last night. Boy the stores are loaded with Christmas stuff already. I don't think the shelves got cold when they took the Halloween stuff off of them before they put the Christmas stuff out! I didn't get home until after 10 last night.

I know people who still have "lava lamps", lol! I thought they were sooooo cool! I don't know Ski or Orbitz. Remember when 'black' lights were the 'in' thing, lol??

Well you all have a great day! Get out and enjoy the beautiful weather if you're fortunate enough to have it today!!!
Old November 8th, 2011, 06:16 AM

Lava lamps, they went well with hand picked mushrooms and weed, you could sit and meditate for hours looking at the damn thing. So I've been told.

Jamsbo, The best statement ever made about golf is "the game that can never be won only played" Kinda says it all. I have had that flippy thing myself along with shanks, pulls, slices, you name it I've had it
Old November 8th, 2011, 06:22 AM

Originally Posted by cutlassgal

Jamesbo..... I'll have you know that I talk and whine about 3 things, lol! You left out "The Friggin Deer"!!!!! 70Cutt will figure that out soon, if he hangs around, lol!!! Oh yeah...... we left out "Cutlass Withdrawl" too, now that Teepo is put away for the winter. Is it Spring yet?????
Oh and I forgot about Larry too.
Old November 8th, 2011, 06:24 AM

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
Oh and I forgot about Larry too.
Ha,Ha,Ha,Ha,Ha,Ha,.............................
Old November 8th, 2011, 08:09 AM

Originally Posted by citcapp
Jamsbo, The best statement ever made about golf is "the game that can never be won only played" Kinda says it all.
Pat, Yesterday the pro was mak'in his tour and I asked him, "Who the heck are those guys in front of us play'in from de tips? They're kill'in the ball."

Pro, "They're sum guys from the Nationwide tour we're let'in practice out here, How you play'in today?

Me, "I'm work'in at it"

Pro, "So are they"

Nuff said.
Old November 8th, 2011, 10:52 AM
Cutlass Lover

............Oh and I forgot about Larry too.

Yep.... so did I, lol!!!! Boy is it just an absolute beautiful day out there! I went out and walked off my leftover baked tater soup I had for lunch. I didn't want to come back in to this hot stuffy office! It's 70 degrees and breezy out. Very unusual for us. Wish it would last till April then get warm!

Jamesbo.... I forgot to tell ya.... my cholesterol is 205! I don't like that!!! Over 200 is not good, and I try to eat healthy as you know. This is the first time it's ever even been close to 200. So.... I gotta be cutting down on stuff. All that friggin steak Larry grilled all summer. Red meat is BAD!!!!! I better switch to poke, lol!
Old November 8th, 2011, 11:06 AM

I am bored... Looks good ?...

Old November 8th, 2011, 12:04 PM

Sandy jes, Eat a big bowl of Oatmeal every day. Poof no more cholesterol problems.
Old November 8th, 2011, 03:43 PM

Morning everybody, should be up around 90 today, already at 80 Means I can finish mowing the lawn, for this week lol, then kick back and have a few beers

I'll help you whenever I can Jamesbo, just let me know.

70cutt, you will find out that this is the anything goes thread, if you have a bad day vent here and you can feel better knowing you have told someone who will listen (read) and say something to help cheer you up. Thats why we refer to CO as a community

Hope yo get that cholesterol under control Sandy, I have no idea what mine is. Figure I don't need to know for a few more years yet

Pass on the check up appointments Sandy, I'll go to the dentist when my tooth is sore, or get Don to tell me what my problem is

Nice pic Olds65

I ordered a new 4 core all aluminum radiator too, should be here in a couple of weeks. I am getting it from State side as you truly do not want to know how much they wanted for one around me. Now only need a new fan clutch then should be good to go.

Time to mow that lawn, have a good day/night ya'll

Adrian