The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old October 19th, 2013, 05:23 PM
GM Enthusiast

Evening everyone. Today was get some work done outside day.

My backpacker leaf blower took a dump on me, so I spent the other night taking it apart and I finished rebuilding the engine this am. Used it today for about an hour and did great. Hopefully it continues to work, new ones are really expensive.

My garden is still cranking out tomatoes, I got a boatload of them yesterday and today. Can't remember the last time I was getting so many so late.

Thanks Adrian, I appreciate the good wishes. All you can do is keep plugging right?

Sandy - glad to hear that they did not damage your car getting the dumpster out of your driveway.

Hope you're all enjoying the weekend so far.
Old October 20th, 2013, 08:49 AM
Captain Starfire

Happy Sunday, boys & girl

Made-2-order weather down in the swamp today.... was 52* when we left this morning, and humidity is low. Spose to get up to mid-70s. It'll at least be nice today; tomorrow, some system is coming in to throw some muggies back into the works.

Congrats on the roof, Sandy.... too bad about the plants. I guess that's par for the course. I used to get all huffy at things like that, but I figure I was only hurting myself. Unfortunately, if you find a contractor that really cares for your property and belongings, stick onto him like gravy on rice. Their numbers are sure scant. We have a guy coming in to redo the floor in one room, and recarpet a stairway. I absolutely hate having people work on the house, but that's about the only way it gets done; so we're biting the bullet. Hope it turns out well. But I'm with Mike: new roof & gutters have a way of really supercharging the appearance of an already-nice house.

No Saints game today, so I can hopefully get a few more chores done. The list ain't gettin' no shorter, amazingly. It seems to grow faster than shrink....

Was a little surprised to find a Green Dot debit card in my name in the mail yesterday -- completely unsolicited. Then you call the "customer service" number and can't talk to a person! . I sent the lice an e-mail inquiring why this thing is in my house, in my name, when I didn't even apply. The last thing in the world I need is a stinkin' prepaid Master Card debit card. That's just more time I have to spend on something completely useless to me.... And it always raises the issue of identity theft. Man-o-man -- I got enough on my plate

Darrell, every time I see the pic of your beautiful car, it reminds me of an also-beautiful '70 Stage 1 drop-top a Buick bud of mine had, who also happened to live in your neighborhood of the U.S. It sooks like the same color -- although I'm sure they had different names. His name was Marc and I've attached a couple pics of him and his ride (the pics are over 10 years old now).

Good luck with the leaf blower; I don't seem to have good luck w/ chainsaws, myself. I bought a Husqvarna 4-5 years ago thinking I was paying a little more for a little extra in the reliability department. It has been nothing but a PITA since I bought it. I had brought it to the shop to have it checked out and they charged me a reasonable amount, put a new chain on, and gave it a clean bill of health. I used it on Wednesday and it doesn't seem the chain lubricant is being dispersed at all. Seems completely dry.... although the tank is full. Now after about 3-4 fairly small cuts, the gol durn chain is dull as a rusty letter opener. I detest working on the miserable thing.

OK... let me get crackin' and enjoying this gor-joo-us weather. I got a tree lying on top of my garage. Hope y'all have a great one.

Last edited by Bee-Oh-Pee; October 20th, 2013 at 09:24 AM.
Old October 20th, 2013, 10:22 AM
Always room for one more

Hello all.

What a gorgeous day here in the Greater Stockbridge Area. A bit nippy, though. And it's cold in the house, about 65. I may have to call the gas company and have them come out early this year. The furnace is the only thing gas in the house so I have it turned off over the summer.

John that's a nice looking GS. You know that's one car I've never owned is a Buick. My Granddad had a long string of Wildcats and LeSabres until his last car which was a Delta 88.

Think I'll get up on the roof and clean out the gutters this afternoon, then pop off the chimney cap and clean out the stove pipe. Tonight should be a good night for the debut fire in the wood burning stove.

Okay group have you a good afternoon. Hope everyone is doing okay.
Old October 20th, 2013, 07:45 PM
GM Enthusiast

Evening everyone. Great day here in the low 60's. Took the family to a car show today and I walked out with a 1st place trophy. 2nd one I won with it this year, but don't worry Sandy, I'll never catch up to you! Lol

John - Thanks for the complement on my CS. Nice pics of that Buick GS, thanks for posting them. One of my favorite color combos.

Been busy watching all my recorded episodes of the Walking Dead, season 3. Getting hooked all over again.

Have a good night everyone!
Old October 20th, 2013, 08:14 PM
Cutlass Lover

Evening All!

It was a gorgeous day here today. Sunny and around 61. I took Teepo out for about an hour this afternoon. She was pleased! We had ourselves a nice cruise. God I love to drive her.

I talked to Jay yesterday. Seems Curly is heading to W Va on Wednesday and wont be back till the weekend. I told Jay that I was going to be gone for the weekend, so he said call him when I get back and we'll see what the weather is going to be doing and play it by ear. This week is looking crappy. Supposed to be in the 60's tomorrow until late afternoon, then temps drop and rain starts. Chances of snow all friggin week. The heat will be going on at work this week, no doubt.

Darrell... I picked some maters today and then pulled up the plants. With the cold coming at us I figured they'd freeze anyhow. Its late for maters. My plants still had quite a few on them surprisingly. It was time.

I bought some storage containers yesterday and today Nicole and I went through her closet and dresser drawers and took out a bunch of clothes she really doesn't wear and put them in the containers. She doesn't have much room for all her clothes without her chest of drawers in there. No room for it, since she has that huge TV.... I went through my closet and got rid of a bunch of clothes and shoes too. There's a volunteers of America pick up here on the 31st, so hopefully someone else can use the stuff.

I let Dude out for a few hours this afternoon so he could enjoy the sun. He was happy!! I'll be soooooo glad when he gets those stitches out this week and can come and go as he pleases again. He tore open a box out in the breezeway that had styrofoam in it so I spent hours sweeping up the static filled stuff! It was clinging to him too. I was not pleased! That box was for some of my fall decorations I brought in the house. Guess I'll get a storage container for them now, lol.

Where's Jamesbo today?

Well I better get off here and get to bed. Monday already.... talk to ya tomorrow.
Old October 20th, 2013, 08:21 PM
Cutlass Lover

Darrell.... just saw your post. Congrats!!!!! Did you have the Cutlass?? Our shows are over. Its gonna be a long 6 months or so.

We watched the season 4 premier of the Walking Dead tonight. We had it recorded. It was good!! Larry likes it - he kept asking me when I was going to come sit down so we could watch it, lol. He will never admit to liking it though! he says its 'interesting'.
Old October 20th, 2013, 09:04 PM
GM Enthusiast

Originally Posted by cutlassgal
Darrell.... just saw your post. Congrats!!!!! Did you have the Cutlass?? Our shows are over. Its gonna be a long 6 months or so.

We watched the season 4 premier of the Walking Dead tonight. We had it recorded. It was good!! Larry likes it - he kept asking me when I was going to come sit down so we could watch it, lol. He will never admit to liking it though! he says its 'interesting'.
Sandy - yes I did. There was also a Black 69 442 at the show that was absolutely beautiful. We still have two more shows coming up here: Monster Mash and a Halloween theme, one this coming weekend and the other the week after that.

Glad to hear Larry is getting into the Walking Dead too. My wife (Jennifer) has not really watched a full episode yet but she is starting to ask me "what happened" tonight in the latest episode. Might be able to make her a zombie lover too. Speaking of which, I'd love to be a "zombie extra" on the show.
Old October 21st, 2013, 02:30 AM

Worm

Chili willie dis mawn'in gotta wear my long britches to go smack whitey round

Count down til de Hotlanta Olds get together/ Walking dead tour
Old October 21st, 2013, 05:41 AM
Always room for one more

Happy Monday everyone.

Jamesbo I don't think the worm counts if you don't show up the day before.

Man I didn't want to get out of bed this morning. It's about 55 in the house and 40 outside. I really need to call the gas company today, because it will be two weeks before they actually come out to turn the gas on. They're a bunch of prima dona's. Oh, well, we can't just come out when you call, even though we're charging an arm and a leg for absolutely nothing(ie the "pass through fee" of 35 bucks each month) we have to make you wait to show our extreme power over you.

Lots of places to go today. One of them is the courthouse so I can get a definitive answer on the dimensions of my property. I want to put up a fence and I have a sneaking suspicion that my neighbor has put his fence up several feet over the line. Oh I hope so. How I'd love to start with my fence and bisect his yard and see the look on his face.

So I think I'm excited about this weekend. Do we have an agenda or schedule in place? Are we meeting Friday night at all to celebrate Sandy's birthday and make it the first happy one in ages?

Sandy what does Larry like that he doesn't mind saying he likes? I need to take my car out for a drive some time, since it's cold enough Monday nights not to take a convertible to Summit. Oh that's right, Summit is tonight.

Okay gonna hit the Awful house and get things moving. Have a great day everyone.
Old October 21st, 2013, 06:22 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

Won the race yesterday. Have acquaintances coming in from Germany this week. should be interesting. I think the husband is the only one who knows english.

Woke up at about 12:45 and couldn't turn the ol bean back off.

Have a great day all.
Old October 21st, 2013, 06:26 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

Cold and sunny here this morning, temps in the 40's.

Clay is back today, so it's noisier in here, lol. I like it!! He's trying to catch up on everything.

Mike.... I am real excited for the weekend! I can't wait to meet you guys!! I know John has the tickets to the events on Saturday, but I think we need to figure out where we're meeting and such? Maybe that was already mentioned, but I don't remember.... my memory is terrible anymore. Maybe John can refresh it, lol!

Well I gotta do something for Clay, so I'll chat later on! Have a good Monday all.
Old October 21st, 2013, 11:27 AM

Morning all, haven't looked outside yet but I can smell rain. Lets hope I'm wrong, at least till I get to work then it can rain

So how long it your Hotlanta trip for Sandy? You are sure to have a blast meeting all the guys off here and also going on the walking dead tour.

Congrats on the win Clint, did you bike stay together this time?

I know what you mean about the gas company, not only do they charge me $130 for a bottle, I think they're 120 liter ones but they also charge me a fee to have them every year on top. I would love to have a house that was totally self sufficient then I would tell the water, gas and power people to all go to hell with their ridiculous charges.

Time for work, take it easy everyone,

Adrian
Old October 21st, 2013, 06:46 PM
GM Enthusiast

Evening everyone. Nice day here, sunny and in the low 60's. We have one more day of warm weather and then its going to get cold on us.

Today I sold the Eldo, the guy just drove it away about an hour ago. Wish I could have held onto it, but the extra cash is nice. Hopefully I won't need to sell the Cutlass now. My wife said, great we got rid of one and got some money, yaaah. My response??? Honey, there's a nice 1987 442 for sale up the road from us. Can I take a look at it?

Guess if I'm not on here tomorrow night you'll know why.

Have a good night Oldsmofriends.
Old October 21st, 2013, 07:50 PM
Always room for one more

'Evening everyone.

Just got back from Summit. Lots of cars, not much to write home about, but there were two 69 Oldsmobiles. One 442 convertible and a Hurst/Olds. Both very nice.

Darrell good show with the Eldo. I hate that you had to sell it and didn't want to. Once I had a big Lincoln I sold that I didn't want to, but I felt it was more important to stay living in my house. Although I probably could have lived in the Lincoln, it was pretty big.

Got the rest of the blue van taken apart, so now I have to paint a few things and then put it all back together. I'm going to rattle can the bumper filler for now.

Well okay have a good night everyone. Gonna hit the sack early I think.
Old October 21st, 2013, 08:05 PM
GM Enthusiast

Originally Posted by slantflat

Darrell good show with the Eldo. I hate that you had to sell it and didn't want to. Once I had a big Lincoln I sold that I didn't want to, but I felt it was more important to stay living in my house. Although I probably could have lived in the Lincoln, it was pretty big.
Ha, that's pretty funny Mike. Certainly could have slept in the back seat of that Lincoln. Think of all the benefits, no lawn to mow, no taxes or mortgage to pay, cleanup takes place at the car wash in 15 minutes. I see a lot of positives there!
Old October 22nd, 2013, 03:15 AM
CQR

Mornin all,

Darrell, congrats on the bittersweet sale.

Mike, The new asphalt shingles are supposed to be guaranteed for 50 years or some insane number. I have my doubts each time I clean all the colored sand out of my rain gutters. Speaking of... Its about the time again Ugh.

Adrian, Yes, It did, but my rear shock needs to be stiffened up. This swingarm is a tad longer than the one I took out. There was a lot of bottoming out this weekend.

Sandy, I'm sure it will be a good time. Hope you all have a ball. Whos bringing bail money?

have a great day all.
Old October 22nd, 2013, 05:03 AM
Sammy70 455 Supreme

X2 Darrel, congrats on the sale...good to see your Cutlass is still here!

Ted
Old October 22nd, 2013, 05:34 AM

Mawn'in all

Got a little wet las nite.

Played Like a goat yesterday.

Gonna do de Mike Routine, Go to Awful House followed by a trip to Walmart. Dare's one up ere dat's not on a bus line. You could shoot a cannon off and not hit anyone.

John, How bout posting the schedule so everyone will be reading off the same sheet of music

Have a great day Olds friends
Old October 22nd, 2013, 05:43 AM
Always room for one more

Happy Morning everyone.

Jamesbo that sounds like an excellent plan. Today after Awful house I'm driving up to Maysville to pick up a set of rims. Walmart is going to have to wait.

It looks like it tried to rain this morning between a quarter to 8 and 830. I hope that's all it does. I need to get all my painting done today because it's going to be colder than a well digger's heel the next few days.

Okay gonna hit the road. Hope everyone has a great day.
Old October 22nd, 2013, 06:40 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

Cold and frosty here this morning. Temps at 35 degrees and I had to scrape frost off the windshield this morning. Might as well snow.... it's been a cold wet spring and summer. The sun is shining today though.

I'm surprised Brian didn't turn the heat on in here this morning! I said to him yesterday before we went home "I'm sure the heat will be going on in here this week" he said "yeah, it will have to". I asked him if he wanted me to bring my little ladder in so he could reach the ceiling vents and shut off this one in here that he opened this summer for the AC, and open the one again out in Clay's area that he shut off this summer. He said he would bring in his own ladder again. Ok..... he's such a procrastinator.

Dude has destroyed one of my big potted geraniums in the breezway. I put it over by his door hole to kind of help block it. Nicole put duct tape on his cone collar last night, after he had it off 3 times. I told her to ask the doc today when she's gonna take those stitches out so we can all get back to normal! I'm so tempted just to let him out.....

Darrell.... glad to hear the deal finally went through with the car. Also glad you still have the Cutlass!! Hope you can hang on to it.

Jamesbo.... I'm lookin at the Hotlanta weather right now and I see it's supposed to be 60 on Saturday and sunny! Beautiful weater!! 67 on Sunday. That will be nice for my tour. Looks like you all will be in the high 60's and 70's next week. Wish we would be, lol. It says you all are at 60 right now. We are at 36.....

Clint.... I think our shingles have a 40 year warranty or something like that. We shall see! They did away with the 2 vents on the roof for the attic. There was one on each end of the roof. They put on a ridge vent instead. Hell in 40 years I'll be in my 90's so I'm not gonna worry about it, lol! If something ever happened to Larry, I'd have to sell the house. No way could I take care of it and the yard and everything.

Well I guess I better find something to do..... ttyl!!
Old October 22nd, 2013, 07:20 AM
Captain Starfire

Hola, all Oldsmophiles

Whelpt, that gor-ju-ous weather came to an abrupt halt Sunday night. Did manage to squeeze in a short romp in the Olds.
Hope I don't wear it out .

Muggy and low 60s this morning, but a coupla' fronts are en route and should chill things off nicely just as we're en route to da' mountains.

And speakin' of da' mountains, we said we were going to meet at the Fox at 9:30 a.m. on Saturday. The tour starts at 10, but I have no real idea how the parking or anything will go. So I figures I should aim to be there at 9:30. I'll have everybody's tickets (party of 7 -- and hopefully no bail money will be required ).

After Fox tour, Jamesbo will hopefully have a master transportation plan to get to Mary Mac's for lunch -- even if it's just "follow the leader" over there. After Mary's, we head to Cyclorama, where we're scheduled for 2:30. I spoke to someone this week who did it a couple years back and I'm a little more excited about it now that I heard him describe it... he really liked it... it's more like a "ride," according to my friend, where you sit in a "car" and are transported in and out of the scenes. Sounds like fun....

I think everybody has my cell # now. Sandy, if you want to send me your number via PM, I think we'll all have each other's.

Here's a synopsis of the schedule for those who were in remedial reading:

Saturday, 10/26

9:30 a.m. - Fox
Immediately following Fox - Mary Mac's
Immediately following Mary Mac's - Cyclorama (2:30 p.m.)

And you guys know what else you're doing, with zombie tours, etc...

BTW, right now, we're doing some painting in our office where the computer is, so I may not be posting and checking on any regular schedule before Thursday.

Sure looking forward to seeing our "mini gang" on Saturday!
Old October 22nd, 2013, 08:40 PM
GM Enthusiast

Evening everyone. Thanks for all the comments. Yea, I agree it was a bittersweet sale because, aside from it needing paint, it was a great driver. Hard for me to find cars that are comfortable to sit in, that was one of them. Hopefully that this is the only one that needs to go.

Well have a good night Oldsmofriends.
Old October 23rd, 2013, 03:32 AM
CQR

Morning all.

Well does anyone know what day it is?

The missus walked by in a huff this morning mumbling how late it was... I looked at the clock and it said 3:23. I think I'm gonna have to disagree with her.

John, good luck with the painting. I really need to get the new puter set up. Its still setting in the other room. oh well.

Sandy stay warm,

Ever notice ever since craigslist came around, how hard it is to go look at something someone has for sale on there? I remember back when you had to pay to place an ad in the classifieds, you made sure you were around so someone could come look at it and buy it. I've been trying for over a week to look at another LTR.

Have a great day all
Old October 23rd, 2013, 05:03 AM

Mawn'in all

A little chili dis mawn'in

GTG to de big city dis mawn'in and call on folks who don't want to see me much less talk about buying a cemetery lot.

Mike, Are you going to Florida to buy dat boat thingy?

John, Tanks fer de agenda. I look forward to see'n you and de Mrs. Too. De master transportation plan is to pull a Pasquel Perez and get on I-285 fer a few laps around de city. Seriously, Mary Mack's is jes around de corner. But to get to de Cyclorama we gotta go thru lock your doors and roll up de winders territory. Course dat's de way most of Hotlanta is anywho.

We could stop fer a spell at dis trendy joint down buy de old City Cemeteyry where Margert Mitchell [and a bunch of famous people] are burried. I've never been but http://sixfeetunder.net/

I'm gonna skip de Zombie tour and let Larry enjoy de antique shops all by his self. I jes found out [or remembered] I've got a high school get together dat night.

Count down to Classic Olds 1st annual get together

Have a great day friends
Old October 23rd, 2013, 05:20 AM
Captain Starfire

Hola, Oldsmofolks

Slight nip in the Ponchatoula air this morning... 51*... coolest this season; but reinforcing fronts are still predicted to PLUNGE temps to the low 40s .

Sounds good, Jamesbo. I'll feel like I'm back in N.O. with the winders locked and doors bolted.

Sounds like we'll be having a nice, early lunch if the Fox tour ends at 11 and Mary's is around the corner. It will be great not to have to rush, in any case. And traffic in general (hopefully) won't be too bad on a Saturday.

Clint, we're tickled pink w/ the way the room came out, even though it's blue... . All that's left is repainting the baseboards. I prolly should have sanded them, but they'll look fine wiped & painted.

Whelpt, gotta go down to N.O. again today... poor Aunt Connie hit her leg on the bed somehow (no doubt when the troglodytes were moving her) and got a real nasty gash that had to sewn up at the hospital. Always something... Sunday before last, she fell out of her wheelchair in the dining room... I wish I could imagine a way this stuff could happen if the folks at the home weren't completely careless & negligent. It should be interesting for me to be away for a week & a half, just to see whether the poor girl survives. My two brothers and other aunt are supposed to be helping while I'm gone. I can't imagine somebody like her living in a nursing home like that with no family or advocates. That would be a combo of a death sentence and cruel & unusual punishment. Worst part is I don't think any of the other homes are any better.

But I'm gonna' try and think pleasant thoughts: Looking forward to seeing my CO buds Saturday
Old October 23rd, 2013, 06:06 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

Dark, rainy and temps around 36 right now. Only getting in the 40's today. I am not ready for this!!

Jamesbo..... I think you should bring the Vista and tote us around! We'll even tip you, lol! Just kidding.... We'll figure it out, I'm sure. Larry is going on the zombie tour with me, so he won't be looking at antiques. I already bought his ticket.

Well the Dude was out when I got home yesterday, so I said the hell with it and uncovered the hole so he can come and go. He sure has destroyed alot of stuff in the past 2 weeks, lol. I schleped all my plants into the breezeway so they wouldn't freeze last night. I hate it being dark before 7:00. Sure makes for a long night. I was dozing on the couch about 8:30. Felt like it should have been 10:00!

Another quiet day in here. Except for when I cough.... Been coughing for 31 days now. Not as bad anymore, but it's still there!

I have to make sure my camera batteries are charged for the trip! You know I'll be taking lots of pics. I think I'll bring a new set of batteries too, the old ones haven't been holding a charge for very long here lately. I've been using them for about 3 years now, lol.

Brian told me he has his ladder in his suv so when Clay and Steve start complaining about being cold, he can do the vent thing. They both have their heaters running, and it got up to 78 in this room yesterday afternoon. I was dying!! Brian was comfy. I told him this morning that 78 is hot outside, let alone inside!! I flipped on the furnace fan yesterday at lunch time while they were all gone. Turned it off before they got back. We need air circulation in here......

Sorry to hear about your aunt, John. That's sad. I don't trust those places. I worked at nursing homes in my younger days, but I never saw any neglect. Of course that's the whole idea... for no one to see it happening! It's terrible.

Well you all have a great day!!! Where is Scot these days? And Citcapp??
Old October 23rd, 2013, 01:55 PM
Always room for one more

I know you can hear me!

Happy Humpage everyone.

Beautiful day here today, but very breezy. I don't think it cracked 60. I slept from 1am until almost 230 this afternoon. The dogs were a little antsy this morning but settled down.

Thanks for the schedule John. Did I miss if we decided where we're meeting? Dress code? It's going to be a tad chillish on Saturday I hear. If I remember right parking at the Fox is dismal at best. Jamesbo those are the parts of town you should put your windows down. That way you still have them when you get to the other side.

Didn't get up to see those rims until 8 last night. Maysville I think is almost to North Carolina. Holy Toledo. They were very nice and for a buck and a quarter I couldn't go wrong. Even if I can't use them I can sell them again here closer to civilization.

I don't think the Mike boat will be following me home Jamesbo. As cool as that would be, I don't think even the Deuce could tow it and it might be bigger than the lake I live on. Although, the last time I said, I gotta get me one of these, I actually did. Little smaller than the Mike boat, not much.

Okay almost time for work. Safe drive tomorrow John. T minus three and counting.
Old October 24th, 2013, 04:29 AM

Worm

WTH is Clint?

See jamesbo edit after Clint posted

Clint, I hope all your animules get ta feel'in better. I know how it feels to get bitten and de hair pulled outa me.

Sandy, You better bring your long johns down ere. It's cold as a well diggers shovel dis mawn'in. BTW De Vista is in de garage in de mountains so I can't haul y'all round unless ya wanta take de 442 drop top. Den someone would miss de Cyclorama cause sum one would have to stand guard.

John/ Mike, De shortest most direct root from Mary Mac's to de Clyclorama takes you down Ponce de Leon [pronounced D Leee on] to loverly Bouvelard turn right [south] and go thru de projects and de south side of de MLK center by Ga Baptist Hospital, den by de lower side of Oakland Cemetery, cross over I-20 to Grant Park.

Dat should show our friends one of the worst parts of de city and where the riots wer in the 60's

The only advice I can give ya is watch out fer J walkers. Sum folk jes don't understand the concept of using a cross walk.

hear ya go Sandy, http://www.broadwayworld.com/bwwtv/a...House-20131022

Welp, Gotta get cracking
Old October 24th, 2013, 04:35 AM
CQR

mornin all.

Well the Family from Germany made it into town last night. They got hung up in customs, so it made for a later night than I wanted. well. they made it. The language barrier is going to be tougher than I expected.

Mike the Mike boat would be somewhat redundant, would it not? I mean with your amphib, your DUKW, and I'm sure you have more floaters hanging around that I don't know of.

Sandy, I hope ol' dude heals up and can behave until he's fully healed. We had a scraggly old fightin Tomcat when I was little. Poor guy always had Abscesses, and seemed to have a problem injuring his eyes. Once he came home with his inner eyelid hanging off the side of his face.

John, if you need more practice, you are welcome to come on up. We are really behind on our painting. I don't envy what you're going thru with your Aunt. A shame really.

We had the vet out yesterday to care for the mules. Chief needed his teeth floated, and had a blocked tearduct that makes his eye all runny all the time. Also Chief and Ruby have all these patchy bald spots, that we couldn't figure out. We figured maybe rain rot or maybe mange. But it was really odd that Earl didn't have it. Well, duh...thats because its Earl being an azz and biting and pulling the hair out of the other 2. So I need to section of the corral to separate him from the others.

Well, have a great day all.

Edit: Congrats on the worm Jamesbo. I guess I'm a slow typer.
Old October 24th, 2013, 06:56 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

Cold here - temps at 32 right now. Supposed to get into the 40's. We don't have any snow here in T'burg, but it's snowing in Solon, and the power is out there and around Chagrin Falls. It snowed Cleveland way too. Clay's Jeep has a lot of snow on the hood and roof, and I passed several cars on my way in, with snow on them. What an awful weather year it's been around here!! It's looking sunny the first week of November, so maybe I can get Teepo over to Curly's then..... I'm beginning to think Spring will work!

Jamesbo..... I'm lookin at the Hotlanta weather now. It shows sun and 61 on Saturday, almost 70 on Sunday! That's nice weather. Cold at night though. About the only thing that gets cold on me is my hands, lol. I hate that. I packed capris and Tshirts! I'll be wearing a sweatshirt and jeans for the flight since it's gonna be cold here in the morning. I'm sure I'll get hot on the plane. But I'll have sandals on, lol! Easier to pack the sweatjacket with the zipper and the tennies, then to have to take them off to go through security.....

I'll gladly drive the 442 Jamesbo, lol! I bet it would look gooooood on me!

I have my GPS in the house plugged in, charging. I don't use it very much, lol. I thought we'd bring it with us in case the rental car doesn't have one. Clay was telling me to watch out because there are alot of "Peachtree" streets in Hotlanta.

Brian had the heat crankin in here when I came in. He did go shut it off after it got up to 76 in this room. I came in and turned on my fan first thing and rolled up the capri's.

Steve is off tomorrow too, so it will just be Brian and Clay. I'm waiting to get Steve by himself so I can ask him about my getting 3 weeks of vacation now that I've been here 5 years. Just had my 5th anniversary. We agreed to that when I hired in, and I want to remind him to run it by the owner! They all get 3 weeks. I guess that's the max at this company. I worked 11 years at my previous company and was just getting my 3 weeks of vacation time there, when I left to come here. No reason I can't have it here without waiting 10 years! Brian got his 3 weeks when he hired in here. I've heard him tell people. But trying to do anything in private here in this little space is impossible! I don't want Brian overhearing our conversation. He's nothing but a salesman, even though he thinks he's assistant manager or something and needs to know everything.....

Tonight is Bellacino's last cruise in. It's the Halloween one. I won't be going. Larry is having cake for me tonight - guess he invited Jr. and Elyse over... yippee skippee. I should tell him I'm going to Bellacino's and really make him mad, lol! He didn't ask me when I wanted to have it.... See, if this was his birthday, I would have got told "Well no one said anything to me".... that's how it works. I don't care if it is MY birthday, it's what everyone else wants that counts. Same old, same old.....

Clint.... Tell Earl to quit being such an ***, lol!

Well I better get off here and do something. Talk to ya later!!!!!
Old October 24th, 2013, 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by cutlassgal
I don't use it very much, lol. I thought we'd bring it with us in case the rental car doesn't have one. Clay was telling me to watch out because there are alot of "Peachtree" streets in Hotlanta. r!!!!!
I think they're only around 80 Peachtree sum'ins.

I could probably name about 30 without really trying

BTW the Fox is on Peachtree Street just north of North ave. Which is kinda sorta like what should be 1st ave [but it aint']

Don't worry about it, I've lived hear all my life and stay lost cause de don't seem to be able to go a day or 2 without chang'in the names of the streets.

I was drug up off Peachtree Drive in Peachtree Park but I never knew it was called Peachtree park til de yuppies moved in with a bunch of jogging strollers and rescued greyhounds and put up a pillar with de name on it. BTW It ain't off Peachtree.

Jes be sure not to order a "soda" it's "Coke" or nutt'in round hear
Oh BTW ice tea only comes one way SWEET
Old October 24th, 2013, 12:10 PM
Cutlass Lover

Oh Boy Jamesbo! You crack me up!!! If I drink anything besides water, it will be lemonade. Larry drinks iced tea, sweet. I don't like tea. I think the southern real iced tea is sweeter than what he gets around here, though. He says soda... I always just say pop, lol.

Boy is it friggin cold outside. I went to Macedonia at lunch time. It says its 44 degrees, but feels like 35!! Clay's wife called about a half hour ago and said their power just came back on. That was a wet heavy snow they got over that way. I am so not ready for this crap!!!!
Old October 24th, 2013, 02:55 PM
Always room for one more

Howdy all.

Friday, already. Got home before 5 this morning, slept pretty good, too. Got up early and went to Walmart. My neighbors got home from two months in New Jersey so it was nice to see them.

I can't help it. I go out and order pop. The Awful house people always think it's funny. Everyone else just looks at me like I'm an alien. I asked for soda pop on a QANTAS flight one time and the flight attendant said, I don't know what that is.

No Clint, not redundant, it would fit right in. It isn't as big as I thought it was, but still the stipulation is to remove by water, and I think it's too big to fit up the Flint river and the little creek that feeds the lake.

Jamesbo most people I hear just say Ponce. It's off Ponce. Go down Ponce. But yes it is definitely De Leeeon. I just hear about these streets, I never go down them because I'm never in the city.

Sandy pm me your flight information and if you need anything. I'm sleeping tomorrow morning but will be around all day.

Hope John is doing well on his trip. Prayers for your Aunt, John.

Okay off to work. Hope everyone has a good evening.
Old October 24th, 2013, 06:06 PM

Good evening everyone!

Well, its been a while.

Things are finally starting to settle down a bit.

I figured I'd stop by and say Hi!

Have I missed anything big?

Is Sandy starting to worry about the weather?

Is Jamesbo still smacking whitey around Monday mornings?

How many more vehicles has Mike bought?

Have a good Friday everyone!
Old October 24th, 2013, 06:28 PM
GM Enthusiast

Evening everyone. Much cooler and windy here today, around 50 and sunny. We have one more show this weekend called "Monster Mash" on Sunday. I'm planning on bringing my 63 Riviera there and let the kids wear there costumes.

John - sorry to hear about your aunt. Hope she's doing better.

Sandy - your cold weather made its way over here too. I'm not ready for it either, my garden is still cranking out tomatoes and peppers. Flowers all around the property still are blooming, doesn't seem like its time for it yet.

Have a good night Oldsmofriends.
Old October 25th, 2013, 02:42 AM
Always room for one more

Worm!

Okay I just got home. We had a plane with tons of work on it and somehow we only had to do half of it. Got it ran and put away and then got the heck out. I wasn't complaining. It was cold and windy out on the ramp tonight.

Happy Birthday Sandy! Hope you have a safe trip today.

Sorry Paul, no new cars lately. I've got my eye on a couple but so far the fleet remains stable.

Think I'll jump in bed for a couple hours and then do something worthwhile this afternoon.

Eightteen more minutes before Clint gets up.
Old October 25th, 2013, 05:23 AM
CQR

Morning all.

Ha mike. The 4 o'clock is when the wife usually leaves and I'm done making lunches and feeding the mules. I slept in a little today.

Good to see you Paul. Looks like you have it down pat.

Jamesbo, What if you want a clear Soda? Would you order a Spite flavored coke?

Sandy. Sorry, but I'm glad you have the cold this week, We get our next snow on Tuesday. Yesterday was nice. It was Sunny and about 55. The folks here from Germany couldn't believe it. They thought it was much warmer. I guess because of the lack of humidity. We went and walked thru a place called Dinosaur ridge, looked at the dinosaur tracks and bones, and took a hike up to the top of the hogback.

Well, Have a great Friday all.
Old October 25th, 2013, 05:43 AM

Mawn'in all

Chili willie dis mawn'in

Clint WTF is a "Clear Soda" ? Ya mean like a Spriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiite.

Mike, You're right 'bout Ponce but a Long time ago [When de Crackers were de only baseball team around.] De played at Poncey Park. It was across de street from City Hall East [which really is to me] Sears & Roebuck

Sandy, On de news dis mawn'in de were talking 'bout "Special Fox Tours" start'in tomorrow Saturday de were saying sum'in 'bout de Ghost in de Fox. We may have a crowd.

BTW Happy Berfday

Did I say, I HATE COLD WEATHER

I don't see how in the world Y'all [Dat can spell Zambonni w/o look'in it up] stand it up in de frozen north.

I'm gonna put wifi in de green house an werk from dare dis winter.

SEE y'all tomorrow.
Old October 25th, 2013, 07:08 AM
Cutlass Lover

Mornin all!

A cold 34 degrees here. Sun is out. I have my sandals on! My feet aren't cold.

We are on the way to the airport. Larry believes in being early lol. Flight isn't till noon. We get in at 1:40. Just had McDonalds. I had the egg white mcmuffin. Not bad.

I looked at Mary Macs menu.... a lot of FRIED stuff on there, lol. I will be trying the peach cobbler.

We had cake last night. Larry got me the Bluetooth wireless speaker I wanted. Brian showed me the one he got, and I wanted to get one for in Teepo so I can listen to songs I have on my phone.

Well we're at the airport and through security now. I never had a full body scan before. Hope they liked what they saw! I have to go get a bottle of water then sit down for the long wait.

Well I'll talk to ya later!
Old October 25th, 2013, 12:10 PM
Cutlass Lover

Well.... no ones been on here? Jamesbo.... I'm heeeeere! I can't believe how green it still is here. There's palm trees outside our hotel lol! What a big airport! We rode trains to get out of there. That was a first. The girls st the desk here told us we can take a marta bus or something into Atlanta so were gonna do that!!
Talk to ya later.