The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old August 1st, 2021, 10:43 AM

Ok, Norm, I understand, yes, I think you have a controls issue like Ken expounded on. Temporary Redneck Engineering fix, replace momentary switch with toggle. Just for ***** and giggles, you ARE putting the dial on some sort of GO command, right, before starting?

I did jack **** yesterday. Slept in, dicked around, was going to go to a car show in my van and got rained out. Ordered a pizza to commemorate the beginning of the diet soon, and finished Once Upon a Time in the West. I do like Clint Eastwood spaghetti westerns, but, while this was still Leone and Morricone, and while it had great stars in it equal to the dollars trilogy, it seems to be more than a spaghetti western as it's bigger, longer, and has some really sad moments, in addition to the close-ups of men glaring and not saying anything while the music ends and an epic two second gunfight settles it that you would expect from Leone et al. It may be a better movie than the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly, and that is high praise.

Overslept this AM, was going to take H/O to car show but took van instead. Maybe 100 cars, good show. Nothing I haven't posted here before of interest.

I need to clean out garage and mow today, we'll see if that gets done.
Old August 1st, 2021, 11:29 AM

I snapped some more pics of Jupiter and Saturn last night. Dang, at 10pm it was still 100 degrees and I was sweating while setting up the telescope and taking pics. Had to get in the pool afterwards, and the water felt quite warm. Didn't see the thermometer as it was dark, but I'm guessing it was in the 90s.

Old August 1st, 2021, 01:50 PM
Running On Empty

Originally Posted by Koda
Ok, Norm, I understand, yes, I think you have a controls issue like Ken expounded on. Temporary Redneck Engineering fix, replace momentary switch with toggle. Just for ***** and giggles, you ARE putting the dial on some sort of GO command, right, before starting?
John - A very valid question. Yes, the GO command is any area of the selector (control) **** e.g. Heat, No Heat, Fluff, Timed Heat, Cotton, Polyester, etc. The dryer will not remain running in any position when the rotary start switch is released. Additionally, the timer appears to work fine - I can hear it counting down, etc. Maybe I'll set the time for a period of time just to see if the timer does in fact wind down to zero; but, I suspect it will (again, I can hear it - but that isn't to say there may still be something wrong w/ the timer (control) selector ****/switch itself.

I'll update y'all later but at the moment I'm going bonkers with my guests - nothing outlandish, but my friends 15 year old son is autistic and he's a handful.

Kenneth - GREAT photo!
Old August 1st, 2021, 02:23 PM

Norm, Chris I thought about yous bikers today when I was mowing the road. I've heard y'all talk alot about bikes but I don't recall ever hearing you speak about grass clippings in the road

Norm, show the kid how to butter bricks and you'll be finished
Old August 1st, 2021, 02:43 PM

[QUOTE=Koda;1359764
Slept in, dicked around, was going to go to a car show in my van and got rained out. [/QUOTE]

John - The only event within a reasonable distance from me was a show I really wanted to go to yesterday but was rained out like yours. This weekend broke a streak of 8-weeks in a row getting my car out to at least one event, show or cruise-in. Would have loved to get it out today, but there just was nothing going on within a reasonable distance.
Old August 1st, 2021, 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
Norm, Chris I thought about yous bikers today when I was mowing the road. I've heard y'all talk alot about bikes but I don't recall ever hearing you speak about grass clippings in the road
James - Other than deer and dogs, my worst nightmares out on a bike are gravel roads and gravel driveways entering paved roads with the pea sized gravel kicked out onto the pavement, and grass clippings left out in the road. Damn grass is just like an oil slick. Alot of damp leaves in the fall can be just as bad.
Old August 1st, 2021, 03:43 PM

Do angled railroads present a problem?
Old August 1st, 2021, 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by Koda
Do angled railroads present a problem?
Greatly depends on how flush the rails are to the pavement bed. Regardless of condition, I always slow down quite a bit and try to align the bike as perpendicular to the rails as I can when crossing. When I got back into riding after not riding for probably 30-years, I took the "Motorcycle Safety Course" mainly to make my wife feel better, but I was glad I did. Our instructor made us ride at about 30 mph over angled 2x4's placed on the course. We also had to perform an emergency hard stop within a certain distance (a short distance) from about 30 mph. Not the easiest thing to do on bikes that did not have ABS.
Old August 1st, 2021, 05:00 PM

Koda, I have that dvd in my collection, watched it about two months ago, a good one from the spagetti western years. Waaay back when I had my Yamaha, avoiding gravel in curves was always on my mind, and sand in the curves when going on the roads near Lake Michigan. When was in Wisconsin in 1980, I was headed up to Manitowoc to catch the ferry back to Michigan. While riding up the two lane, I came upon a gravel truck, and that damn thing was dropping rocks as it rolled along, I started weaving from side to side avoiding the projectiles as they flew past my head. My first thought was to pass him, but I realized that I would never be able to get close enough to make the pass w/o getting nailed. I kept backing off further and further, keeping a safe distance that would keep me out of harms way. He finally turned after about five miles.
Old August 1st, 2021, 06:16 PM

Grass mowing and garage cleanout did not happen. Nap, dinner, then after run for local ice cream from friend's stand some 15 miles away in the H/O did happen. This car has potential. So many little things wrong with it that I can and will fix. Too much timing right now, thing diesels for a hit or two on shutdown.

Old August 1st, 2021, 06:25 PM
Running On Empty

Old August 1st, 2021, 06:36 PM

Impressive. Yes, that's Haubstadt, IN. The ice cream joint is that blue yardbarn.
Old August 1st, 2021, 06:41 PM
Running On Empty

I suspected the blue building was the ice cream spot.
Old August 1st, 2021, 06:44 PM
Running On Empty

Old August 1st, 2021, 07:23 PM

Crossing metal rails reminded me of a time back in the 80s in my brother-in-law’s 1968 GTO in SW Louisiana (humidity capital of the South). I was fairly much a youngster then, and we were driving around at night. Went across a drawbridge that apparently was wet with condensation, and when we hit the metal part the rear wheels lost traction and the rear of the car immediately tried to catch up with the front of the car. Gotta say that when the car went sideways on a dark bridge over a backwoods bayou I was a bit frightened. Felt like Harold Ramis in Ghost Busters: “I’m frightened beyond the capacity for rational thought”. Luckily the GTO straightened out and we all survived. That event, anyway.
Old August 1st, 2021, 07:59 PM

Gotta similar story to Kenneth. When I was in highschool I lived about 20-miles from school. On the afternoon of my high-school graduation, I was going to drive separately from my parents because I was planning on going out with buddies afterwards. When it was time to leave the house I told my parents to go ahead and leave, and I would catch up, which was double talk for, I've got to get the beer I stashed and put it on ice. Well, got that done, headed out, got halfway there, and got stuck at a RR crossing. I don't know how much time had passed as the train went by, but it seemed like forever. I had a '65 Mustang then, 289 with 4bbl and 3-speed manual, with real racing slicks on the back. I left the RR crossing and opened her up, going about 80, maybe faster, and it started to sprinkle, the road zigged, but the car zagged. I lost complete control and the car did more 360's than I could count, eventually coming gently to rest on the shoulder. I could have used a "Depends"! Can't say anything else, other than I guess it wasn't my time! I did make it to the graduation on time, barely!
Old August 1st, 2021, 09:34 PM

I'll tell a semi-related story. Years ago, my mom, brother, sister, and I went to Colorado. We skied the first day (I can't ski). Tubed down a toboggan course the next day (I could do that.) Snowmobiled the third day, and, driving a Honda big red for the 10 years earlier, yeah, I can do that. So my sister wanted to ride behind me figuring Mom was a slowpoke. This SkiDoo is mad fun. Good times. I'm going down a hill and the thing dies, so the tread stops turning and I am fishtailing like a sonofabitch, but it somehow pop-started itself 5 seconds later and I got it under control then it seems only seconds later these slow old Japanese people I had passed a long time back either had the same issue or something else and hit a tree. So they had to get the evac sled and pull them out. One and only day I have been on a snowmobile, which, being from Orlando, makes sense. What doesn't is I've only been on a waverunner once as well.
Old August 2nd, 2021, 02:40 AM

Chris, You may have joined up after we lost the intake manifold King Chris Witt. He was a true Olds guy and a great contributor. I never met him but I had the pleasure to speak to him several times on the phone. He had forgotten more than most people will ever know about Oldsmobiles He was killed when he hit a dog driving his bike home from work at night. In the memorial thread you can see where Joe P set up a fund for his widow

You Bikers need to be careful out there

I've told the story of over steering my mother's Deuce and a quarter so many times, I won't tell it again. Just picture the rear bumper looking like a Caterpillar D-9 had gone through the most manicured lawn in the city
Old August 2nd, 2021, 04:31 AM

There's a local store here who has ads that also talk about motorists being aware of bikers, etc. One of there ads ask people to be aware of sending grass clippings out onto the roadway. At first I thought that was silly but a few days ago I saw someone mowing some overgrown grass and the clippings went on the roadway. I can see how that could be pretty slippery especially if some rain follows the mowing.
I rode a Honda 750 back in the early eighties. I was in the National Guard at that time. While at summer training in Grayling, I was driving a 21/2 Ton Army truck going west into the setting sun, slowing for a left turn onto a south bound road. I couldn't see anyone coming so I started my rolling left turn, but something made me pause... Then I heard the " Vroom" out my left open window, looked in the side mirror and saw the rear of a motorcycle.... I would have killed that guy! He would have went directly into the side of that big Army truck!!! That really shook me up! I thought if I could do it anyone can, as I figured I was a very good driver. When I came back home I rode the 750 2 or 3 times, scared as hell that someone would pull in front of me, etc. I sold the bike and never rode on the road again..
Old August 2nd, 2021, 05:49 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Big lull in the activity this morning. Extra internet browsing opportunity.

Thought I'd ask a question before I forgot. You may remember, if I even mentioned it, I built a metal shed at my Mom's house over the course of several months. The base is pressure treated 2x10 and plywood, sitting on cap blocks. The structure is roughly 3 inches off the ground. What can I put on the exposed wood to help it not go bad so quickly? Paint? Thompson's Water Seal? Spar Varnish(that was my Dad's favorite, he put it on everything)? Terminix treats the shed when they treat the house. This is mostly going to be weather protection because anything in Florida not five feet off the ground is going to get bugs. What say ye?

Greg that exact thing happened in my neighborhood when I was a kid. The neighbor had a big Lincoln Mark V and crossed the intersection of two very untraveled streets. He looked into the sun, and not seeing anything went across. This guy on his bike was screaming down the street and hit the quarter of the Lincoln doing about 50. We heard it and my Mom says, hey get on your bike and see what that noise was. The guy was laying on the ground face down, and what I thought was weird his work boots were on the side of the road. My Dad said they came off when he hit the car. I thought he was kidding me but I've heard that other times. By the way, if you ever feel the need to drive a 2 1/2 ton Army truck again come on over.

Jamesbo was this the time you spent Spring Break resodding the yard? How long did it take you to get all the mud out of the bottom of the car?

You know what's funny Koda. I'm from Illinois, just south of Chicago, and I've never been on a snowmobile. Or a Wave Runner. Nice picture of the car next to the shop building.

When I took the motorcycle safety class when I was a kid they told us if you come up to angled train tracks to angle your riding so you went across them as square as possible. I encountered that a couple times when I rode and I'd go to the outside of the lane and sort of turn into them. Way better than going across angled slippery rails. I was wobbly enough as it was.

Doesn't look like we're getting wheels any time soon. We'll be here till the end today for sure. Hope the week starts out good for everyone.

Old August 2nd, 2021, 06:22 AM

Mike glad you remember the story. It took all spring break to re sod and 20 bucks in quarters to clean the bumper

Norm when you are in the right place a day late

Old August 2nd, 2021, 06:53 AM

Chris, You may have joined up after we lost the intake manifold King Chris Witt. He was a true Olds guy and a great contributor. I never met him but I had the pleasure to speak to him several times on the phone. He had forgotten more than most people will ever know about Oldsmobiles He was killed when he hit a dog driving his bike home from work at night. In the memorial thread you can see where Joe P set up a fund for his widow

You Bikers need to be careful out there
James - I believe you're correct, I don't remember ever hearing Mr. Witt's name mentioned since I'very been on here. Sorry for the tragic loss of what sounds like a great guy! I never plan to ride after dusk, my night vision is not that great anymore, and it's hard enough in the daylight to see deer and dogs anyway. I've got caught out after dark a small number of times coming home from a long ride and I didn't like one minute of the time in the dark, especially as I got close to home where the deer are really thick. Same reasoning why I don't drive my 4-4-2 without LED's after dark.
Old August 2nd, 2021, 07:00 AM
Running On Empty

Mike - You can use one of two items. (1) Asphalt i.e. roofing tar, concrete/asphalt sealer. Look at Lowe's, Walmart, Home Depot for a 'HENRY' label. They make several varieties. You could most likely use another product. The one HENRY product they sell allows you to mix ~20% water into the asphalt. This allows the asphalt to penetrate deep into the wood; or (2) Pine Tar, any type pine tar will most likely work just fine (you might need more than a small can you would use on your baseball bat when batting for the Chicago Cubs). They sell Pine Tar in various outlets. At any rate, any product which is asphalt based would be the best product for you to use. You can't buy Creosote for use on wood any longer I don't believe, otherwise that would be the best product. Don't bother with the varnish-type sealers - you need a coal-based asphalt product.

Last edited by Vintage Chief; August 2nd, 2021 at 07:08 AM. Reason: sp
Old August 2nd, 2021, 07:06 AM
Running On Empty

Norm when you are in the right place a day late
That's funny. We often make the same comment on greens while playing.

The Pro/Am tournament was cancelled. Many of the Pros were driving in from 4-5 hours away and tomorrow's weather is supposed to be a complete wash-out with >90% rain - supposedly. Well, they always say (as they predicted for today) large amounts of "passing" thunderstorms & showers. Thus far no rain and very nice outdoors. At any rate the tournament is cancelled. Our club course was supposed to be closed all day today/tomorrow for the tournament but now it's open, instead. Several Pros arrived early anyways and they're going to get in 18 today with some side-bets - good for them. I'm going to play w/ my regular group @ 12:00 noon.
Old August 2nd, 2021, 07:07 AM

Originally Posted by Greg Rogers
There's a local store here who has ads that also talk about motorists being aware of bikers, etc. One of there ads ask people to be aware of sending grass clippings out onto the roadway. At first I thought that was silly but a few days ago I saw someone mowing some overgrown grass and the clippings went on the roadway. I can see how that could be pretty slippery especially if some rain follows the mowing.
Greg - Nice that the local store tries to raise awareness about motorcycle safety, I appreciate that. Crazy story about driving the Army truck, really glad it had a safe ending. When I'm riding my motorcycle I always try to think about the size of the tires' contact patches with the road surface versus a car. On a motorcycle you only have two contact patches vs. four, and each is only about the size of a silver dollar, if that!
Old August 2nd, 2021, 07:18 AM
Running On Empty

My guests (mother & son) have departed. A dear close friend of mine died from a very aggressive form of liver cancer ~12 years ago - Mark was barely approaching 50 years of age. He married at 48 years of age, his wife (Steph) had their child (Eric) who was born autistic. When you have an autistic child you sign a contract for life in which every single second, minute, hour of your entire life will now be spent taking care of one person (should you elect to keep your autistic child as opposed to a life time of children's homes). Eric is now 15 years old - nothing changes, they remain autistic, you must remain on high alert and your hourly daily routine is based upon the needs of one person - your autistic child. There is no "off" switch from the day of birth - only an "on" switch. That switch will never be turned off. An absolute insurmountable amount of work for the remainder of your entire adult life. I have such empathy for anyone raising an autistic child. They had a wonderful stay at my place. They're on a mini whirlwind vacation expedition. They live in Florida, they were up in PA in the Poconos for ~1 week, stopped by my place, and now heading to Stone Mountain, GA before returning home this Friday. I'm exhausted and he isn't even my child.
Old August 2nd, 2021, 07:23 AM
Running On Empty

I'm going to sell my Indian motorcycle as soon as I get the time to put an advertisement together - no hurry, I have other projects to attend to; but, there remain far too many lunatics on the roadways these days. I consider myself to be an extremely well-educated, excellent motorcyclist - but I just don't wish to contend on roadways filled with lunatic drivers any longer at this stage of my life. WTF - golf is bad enough - I could be hit by a golf ball at any time!
Old August 2nd, 2021, 08:49 AM

Originally Posted by slantflat
Good morning everyone.

Big lull in the activity this morning. Extra internet browsing opportunity.

Thought I'd ask a question before I forgot. You may remember, if I even mentioned it, I built a metal shed at my Mom's house over the course of several months. The base is pressure treated 2x10 and plywood, sitting on cap blocks. The structure is roughly 3 inches off the ground. What can I put on the exposed wood to help it not go bad so quickly? Paint? Thompson's Water Seal? Spar Varnish(that was my Dad's favorite, he put it on everything)? Terminix treats the shed when they treat the house. This is mostly going to be weather protection because anything in Florida not five feet off the ground is going to get bugs. What say ye?

Greg that exact thing happened in my neighborhood when I was a kid. The neighbor had a big Lincoln Mark V and crossed the intersection of two very untraveled streets. He looked into the sun, and not seeing anything went across. This guy on his bike was screaming down the street and hit the quarter of the Lincoln doing about 50. We heard it and my Mom says, hey get on your bike and see what that noise was. The guy was laying on the ground face down, and what I thought was weird his work boots were on the side of the road. My Dad said they came off when he hit the car. I thought he was kidding me but I've heard that other times. By the way, if you ever feel the need to drive a 2 1/2 ton Army truck again come on over.

Jamesbo was this the time you spent Spring Break resodding the yard? How long did it take you to get all the mud out of the bottom of the car?

You know what's funny Koda. I'm from Illinois, just south of Chicago, and I've never been on a snowmobile. Or a Wave Runner. Nice picture of the car next to the shop building.

When I took the motorcycle safety class when I was a kid they told us if you come up to angled train tracks to angle your riding so you went across them as square as possible. I encountered that a couple times when I rode and I'd go to the outside of the lane and sort of turn into them. Way better than going across angled slippery rails. I was wobbly enough as it was.

Doesn't look like we're getting wheels any time soon. We'll be here till the end today for sure. Hope the week starts out good for everyone.
Easy solution is Thompson's water seal in an insecticide sprayer. This is how we do docks down south. I intend to pressure wash my fence then spray it with this.
Old August 2nd, 2021, 02:57 PM

Norm, I know you've enjoyed your bike but I think you're wise to let it go. It's not your ability, it's the nut cases [Like the semi that rear ended me dead still at a stop light]
Old August 2nd, 2021, 03:31 PM
Running On Empty

Norm, I know you've enjoyed your bike but I think you're wise to let it go. It's not your ability, it's the nut cases [Like the semi that rear ended me dead still at a stop light]

Old August 2nd, 2021, 06:44 PM

Mike, take Norm's advice, but be sure to only put the pine tar a maximum of 18 inches up the building.
Old August 2nd, 2021, 07:35 PM

Originally Posted by Vintage Chief
I'm going to sell my Indian motorcycle as soon as I get the time to put an advertisement together - no hurry, I have other projects to attend to; but, there remain far too many lunatics on the roadways these days.
Norm - I am rather surprised you're ready to hang up the bike riding and sell that gorgeous bike? I can certainly understand if there is too much congestion around where you live, and you have to ride a ways to get out away into the countryside, but I don't know. I don't have to ride very far to get completely off the beaten path where other cars aren't nearly the worry that wildlife are. I know there's plenty of risk, regardless of where you ride, but honestly when I'm out on my bike is when I feel the most relaxed, and exhilarated, at the same time. I think it will be awhile before I'm ready to give it up, I just enjoy it way too much right now!

Old August 2nd, 2021, 07:58 PM

Good evening guys,
Hope everyone had a great and productive day. Started off my morning like I usually do the day after a ride by detailing my bike before putting it away. Then I took my wife to pick up 3 antique sewing machines, the kind with the fold away machine that is operated by the mechanical foot pedal. As best we could research, all three are 90 to 100-years old, and one is still operational. Those buggers are pretty heavy for their size, quite a bit of cast iron in the pedal drive mechanism and the machines themselves are heavy. Folks are turning them into side tables and vanities for pretty big money.

This afternoon and evening was my workout and yard mowing. Squeezed in between was a quick dinner of Chinese take-out. I'm pretty spent, should sleep good tonight! It's a supposed to be sunny and low 80's all week, and a buddy and I are going for a long ride on Wednesday. I'm not sure where we're going yet, planning the ride is on my plate for tomorrow. Hope everyone is having a great evening.

Last edited by Dream67Olds442; August 2nd, 2021 at 08:00 PM.
Old August 2nd, 2021, 11:41 PM
GCH

Originally Posted by Dream67Olds442
James - Other than deer and dogs, my worst nightmares out on a bike are gravel roads and gravel driveways entering paved roads with the pea sized gravel kicked out onto the pavement, and grass clippings left out in the road. Damn grass is just like an oil slick. Alot of damp leaves in the fall can be just as bad.
+1 , a couple a weeks ago when driving my dirtbike on a small winding paved road i hit a big stone with my front tire , itīs a
miracle that the tire and rim manage it.But could not se any damage and the tire still holds air. I could se that the grass in the
ide of the road has been cut so i suppose that the big chain grass cutter have throwed the rock on the road. But the the most
things to look after when driving motorcycle are cars , many should have their licence called back because of age and different
desease. Truckdrivers from the old "sovjet union" countrys could be very dangerous drivers also and drives like maniacs to
deliver gods and the trucks are in bad shape with often worn out tires .

I sold an Harley chopper to and very nice lady many years ago and still remember the smile on her face when she sitting on the
bike,sadly both her and the boyfriend died in a horrible accident because of an old man driving a big truck with carparts to Volvo .
RIP Monika and Patrik.

When my wife and i are out with our bikes i drive first , so maybe she have a chance to avoid crashing if someting happens.

Last edited by GCH; August 2nd, 2021 at 11:55 PM.
Old August 3rd, 2021, 02:40 AM

Norm, I'm afraid following your project has gotten to me. I graduated high school in 1968. Last night I dreamed in order to graduate, I had 2 pour 2 squares of level side walk adding on to the existing side walks

Soooooooooooooooo, The super model says, " last night your girl friend Gillian Anderson came in to dine"

I said, " She's not my girlfriend she's a bicycler'

She said, "What's that"
Old August 3rd, 2021, 04:05 AM
Running On Empty

James - Did you graduate in your dream? "What's that" (bicycler)? Oh boy. I guess they're still filming The First Lady in ATL?
Chris - I live in the boonies with a bunch of loonies.
GCH - That was a said story about Monika & Patrik.

I simply think, in general, I might be best served reducing the number of more risky scenarios/events I participate in at this stage of my life; so, the Indian motorcycle is going to be sold. I stopped flying ~20 years ago - not because it was risky, because $100 cheeseburgers turned into $1,000 cheeseburgers; but, I'd most likely stop flying today if I were still flying as there remain certain inherent risks as a recreational part-time pilot. I have always enjoyed living on the edge, I enjoy taking (calculated) risks, living on the edge of the envelope & pushing the boundaries. I'll be 69 next month - my risks & boundaries need to be managed. Building "The Wall" is risky - a brick could pop-out and squash my head!
Old August 3rd, 2021, 04:13 AM

Norm, What I really "know" about Gillian Anderson wouldn't fill a thimble

I've read she likes to eat off both side of the plate

Get it? Got it? good
Old August 3rd, 2021, 05:28 AM

Originally Posted by Vintage Chief
I simply think, in general, I might be best served reducing the number of more risky scenarios/events I participate in at this stage of my life; so, the Indian motorcycle is going to be sold. . . . I'll be 69 next month - my risks & boundaries need to be managed.
Norm - With your activity level, and obviously you're level of physical fitness demonstrated by your wall project, I don't think of you as being 69! However, I will be 62 in November, and sometimes still think I'm 30, so what the hell do I know! I've always kind of thought I'd like to try and keep myself in good enough shape to ride these big bikes (810 & 850 lbs.) until I'm around 70'ish. After that, maybe downsize to something smaller just to putz around locally on once in awhile, guess I'll see when I get there? In any case, I definitely see your point of view about pushing limits and continuing to cheat the Reaper!
Old August 3rd, 2021, 05:41 AM

Originally Posted by GCH
+1 , a couple a weeks ago when driving my dirtbike on a small winding paved road i hit a big stone with my front tire , itīs a
miracle that the tire and rim manage it.
Glenn - Good to hear from you. So glad the stone in the road did not cause you to have a blowout or go down! I agree with Norm, very sad story about Monika and Patrik! Hope you're enjoying your summer over there. Have you had your car out to any shows or cruises lately? This past weekend was the 1st time in 8-weeks that I didn't get my car out to at least one event. There are two cruises coming up on Friday and Saturday this week and I'm hoping to make it to one or both of them if the weather will cooperate.
Old August 3rd, 2021, 07:30 AM

I am disappointed no one recognized my baseball reference.