The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old July 13th, 2021, 03:42 AM

Originally Posted by GCH
Thanx , and Chris , please tell your wife that she does an awesome job on the furniture .
Glenn - Thanks for the compliment on my wife's furniture, I'll let her know. The video of the Zundapps in the mountains was cool. Made me wish I still had a dirt bike!
Old July 13th, 2021, 03:50 AM

Originally Posted by Vintage Chief
Chris - Nice restoration of the tea cart - looks nice. When you think about it though, what a peculiar piece of formality - I mean a "tea" cart? No home (most likely estate mansion) is complete without one!
Norm - I agree with your analysis of the tea cart. My wife researches what's hot in the furniture market, and apparently refinished tea carts are all the rage right now, with folks turning them into coffee stations in their kitchens or breakfast nooks if they have the room. Who'd a thunk!

Hope you have a more enjoyable golf outing than you did yesterday!
Old July 13th, 2021, 03:58 AM

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
Norm, Kapp them where the mowers go

Chris, Monty looks like he has had a tuff day supervising furniture restoration. It's hard work

Glenn, Cool video, thanks for sharing
James - Yep, he's the real boss. The only guy in this house that can get away with telling my wife what he really thinks about the finished product and get away with it! Funny how he's the dog, but never ends up "in the doghouse". I need to study his behavior more!
Old July 13th, 2021, 04:07 AM

Old July 13th, 2021, 04:10 AM

LoL, always nice to start the day with a good laugh!
Old July 13th, 2021, 01:27 PM
Running On Empty

It's a disappointment when your 'A' player (me) is whooped by your 'C' player but that's what happened to me today. My driving was off, slow greens (furry) and 1st time I've played this course - I have excuses! I did have a pleasant round of golf with three old geezers I've never played with before - which is really how golf should be enjoyed. I detest playing with moaners & whiners.

Shrimps on a bed of long grain & wild rice, salad with Texas toast croutons, tomatoes, blue cheese dressing mixed with raspberry vinaigrette topped with feta cheese. I'm making a tall chocolate malted milk shake with french vanilla ice cream to wash this all down. Anyone interested stop by I'll make you one.

Old July 13th, 2021, 01:42 PM
Running On Empty

Chris - Yeah, I can see where it would make a nice coffee table in a nook or the kitchen with all the accoutrements contained on one table. I can spell Zamboni, also. Monty's grin appears to suggest "...are you at it with that damn camera again?"
Old July 13th, 2021, 01:50 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Not a bad day, we got all our wheels done, no big drama. So two down, tomorrow is Hump Day. I wish it truly were...

NIce out. Had some rain while I was in the bunker, but the sun is out now. Nice temp as well.

Norm I'll have one of those malted's! You have shrimp a lot. I love shrimp. You know I've never bought shrimp at the grocery store. Maybe I should try it.

So I've sort of had this house deal going, it's been a long and drawn out on again off again thing. I finally thought we were going to make it this time, but after a week's worth of condescending emails from the lender I get an email from some woman saying she needs this and this(most of which they already have) and she needs it by Thursday. I hit the roof. I just sent them a bunch of stuff, why didn't they ask for this then? I called my agent and told him I was about to fire the lender. He said uh, let me call him. So the agent calls me back and somehow gets me to give the lender another chance, lots of excuses and double talk, oh he didn't mean this he meant that, we have beyond Thursday, things overlap sometimes, well dammit if he meant that why didn't he say that? He's still one shitty email away from getting the boot. I'm sure the seller of the house has had about enough of me.

Okay gonna start the wind down process so I can go in early. But I tell you what, I need to bring more than a bag of chips for the 830 break. I have breakfast at 230 and by 830 my stomach is growling. Maybe I could go up to the Speedline and get some biscuits and gravy or something.

So have a good evening everyone.
Old July 13th, 2021, 02:30 PM

Mike, Calm down, Unfortunately that's the way things werk. lender/lawyers want everything yesterday because the wan to move on to the next closing.You are the one stuck trying to make heads or tails out of a home you're going to live in for a long time

I hate it but I've been thru it a thousand times

Example, I'm selling a lot [at the lake to Joe Jones] So for the next X number of years the HOA is going to have to bill him for water, CAM etc. So all I'm axing for is their name and contact info [so I can send them a bill]. IT's ALWAYS the last thing I get after I've gone thru weeks of deep knee bends for stuff they wanted [always at the last minute

Remember it's like landing an airplane. If you walk away from the closing, it was a good closing. Keep you eye on getting thru it
Old July 13th, 2021, 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by slantflat
Hi everyone.

So I've sort of had this house deal going, it's been a long and drawn out on again off again thing. I finally thought we were going to make it this time, but after a week's worth of condescending emails from the lender I get an email from some woman saying she needs this and this(most of which they already have) and she needs it by Thursday. I hit the roof.
Mike - You've been looking for a place for awhile now. If you really like this property, don't let them deter or discourage you with a bunch of piddly **** crap! Keep your cool, and your eyes on the prize! We are all rooting for ya!!!
Old July 13th, 2021, 03:10 PM
Running On Empty

Mike - I agree w/ James. I empathize with you. Real Estate agents, lenders & lawyers...when you have 50 of them tied together at the bottom of the ocean you have a good start.
Old July 13th, 2021, 03:11 PM

Norm - The galloping gourmet strikes again, great looking dinner pardner!
Old July 13th, 2021, 03:16 PM
Running On Empty

Originally Posted by Dream67Olds442
Norm - The galloping gourmet strikes again, great looking dinner pardner!
Chris - The chocolate malt was to die for. I see a second one in the near future perhaps.
Old July 13th, 2021, 04:06 PM
Always room for one more

Jamesbo I think that's what my agent was trying to tell me in his diplomatic way, calm down. I tried not to give him an earful, it wasn't his fault. But he did recommend him so he said if I fired him he was fine with it, we'd just get pushed back for closing. I might be able to use some of this to my advantage.

You know what's funny, years ago when I bought this house I stopped closing and walked away. The lender had outright lied to me about what my payment was going to be and my obligation at closing. My agent actually talked me into accepting the "new" terms and going along with it. Man that guy, cost me thousands, and he was supposed to be a friend of mine. By the way, the sellers signed all their paperwork and after my agent talked me into it I went back and signed the next day. Let this be a lesson. Trust your first instinct. I usually get all in a huff over things and then relax later on, but my first thoughts are usually right.

Okay bedtime. Good night everyone.

Old July 13th, 2021, 04:11 PM
Always room for one more

Oh, funny anecdote which isn't so funny. The second day I drove my Mom's car to closing, a big Lincoln Continental. My agent says, you show up in a car like this and balk at 500 bucks? I just looked at him. It was 500 A MONTH. So, lesson number two. Go to closing in a cheap car.

Okay I'm 10-7 off the key.

Old July 13th, 2021, 04:17 PM

Mike, This house I bought in 1976 was a stretch for me at the time. When I bought it a left over hippie was renting it. At the closing, the sellers attorney [aka lying MF] assure me the tenant had been given the proper notice to vacate

I believe him but he hadn't so I had to wait 60 days after closing [after notification] to take possession of a house and 24 acres I had bought

So I had to continue paying rent on my apartment and payments on the house I couldn't use. Yes, I asked for forbearance but ]even though it was their mistake] It was basically Tuff **** for me

My long awaited point is this kinda **** happens all the time BUT keep you eye on what you want. Karma will take care of the M F's

In the long run it's well worth it
Old July 13th, 2021, 04:24 PM
Running On Empty

Originally Posted by jamesbo
"... A left over hippie... "
lmao
Old July 13th, 2021, 04:42 PM

lmao
She had exquisite taste

.,Concrete and slate over hardwood floors in the foyer, glued down turquoise carpet over the hard wood floors in the den. 2x4 loft nailed to the bedroom wall. 4 fuse box with 3 pennies and pipe clamps holding together rubber pipes

She actually answered her notice to vacate basically saying She didn't have money for gas to look for another place to live

More time wasted kicking her out
Old July 13th, 2021, 05:20 PM
Running On Empty

She's now a carpet-bagger residing in Little Five Points?
Old July 13th, 2021, 05:25 PM

She's now a carpet-bagger residing in Little Five Points?

if ahe lives down in Little 5, she definitely a vagitarian
Old July 13th, 2021, 05:28 PM
Running On Empty

I always get those vagitarians confused. They won't eat a Muffaletta, but they're fine with Alottamuff.
Old July 13th, 2021, 05:52 PM

I always get those vagitarians confused. They won't eat a Muffaletta, but they're fine with Alottamuff.
All those Vagitarians are Beach Boys fans, they love "Good Vibrations"!
Old July 13th, 2021, 06:08 PM

Good evening guys,
When we took all the half dollar to silver dollar sized gravel out from under the new deck we had built 2-years ago, and out of the 4ft. wide area behind the retaining wall that runs the length of the house, we had to decide what was going to replace the gravel. By the way, we removed the gravel because Maggie was a gravel eater. My wife got the idea from some magazine to create a moss garden. Well, I was very skeptical, because really, how fast could moss grow and spread? Well as it turns out, much faster than I ever dreamed. First we laid down quite a few flagstone in an irregular pattern. Then my wife planted Green Irish Moss, Golden Irish Moss, and a 3rd ground cover named Black Brass Buttons. We had to put a small homemade white picket fence around it to keep the dogs from getting in it until it got established, but it's almost there. Anyway, thought you might like to see some pics because I think it's rather pretty.

Old July 13th, 2021, 07:34 PM

Originally Posted by Dream67Olds442
Maggie was a gravel eater.
Wow, that must have made some dense dog poop.
Old July 13th, 2021, 07:42 PM

Originally Posted by Fun71
Wow, that must have made some dense dog poop.
Honestly, I don't think she ever ate too many pieces, but she was constantly picking up a piece in her mouth and then we would have to chase her to get it away from her because we were afraid she would swallow something she couldn't pass or might choke. We really got tired of chasing her down so the gravel had to go.
Old July 13th, 2021, 11:02 PM

I was fortunate with my hosue purchases, no B.S. from either realtor. Chris, the landscaping looks nice. is that on the north side of the house?
Old July 14th, 2021, 03:58 AM
Running On Empty

Chris - I like the landscaping with the moss & flagstone.
Old July 14th, 2021, 04:16 AM

--I like that moss garden, Chris, looks nice! Today is a retirement party for a really long time friend whom I worked with for years. It's down in Lansing. Wife and I are going and she said she will be my DD back. I'll bet I will drink to excess... It used to be a common occurrence back at retirement parties... About 100 miles each way, well it starts at 4:30 and I hope I leave by 9, that way we can be beck by 11.
--Yesterday was one of those "1 thing leads to another" jobs on the Cutlass. Wife noticed one of the reverse lights were out. Bulb was ok. After messing around soon both reverse lights didn't work. Found out after removing and completely cleaning, painting light housings that there was basically no electrical connection between socket and housing. It looked ok and was obviously connected but wouldn't conduct a ground. I ended up soldering a wire directly onto the outside of socket and following it back with the power wire to inside the trunk to the ground connection there. I really don't like the way I did it as it's not a factory fix, but no one will see it and it should be a permanent repair.
--Ok, I prolly will check back with you guys tomorrow morn, hopefully without a big, swollen head....
Old July 14th, 2021, 05:53 AM

Originally Posted by 1969w3155
I was fortunate with my hosue purchases, no B.S. from either realtor. Chris, the landscaping looks nice. is that on the north side of the house?
Your joke did not go over my head, but the actual answer is yes, almost true north. That side of the house gets almost no direct sun.
Old July 14th, 2021, 06:08 AM

Norm and Greg - Thanks for the compliments on the moss garden, my wife gets 100% of the credit. If you look closely at the 1st pic of the moss you will notice the tiny white flowers on it. If you go around and gently brush the flowers it scatters the pollinated micro seeds that help it spread more quickly. Turns out to be a pretty ground cover, with very little maintenance except for a weed may pop up now and then.
Old July 14th, 2021, 07:03 AM

Chris, I like the moss

Ya know what they say "A rolling barwl gathers no fuzz" [cops]
Old July 14th, 2021, 07:11 AM

Chris, I like the moss

Ya know what they say "A rolling barwl gathers no fuzz" [cops]
Thanks James! Ok, I got to admit, I don't get the 2nd part, what the hell is a "barwl"??? I'm pretty dense in the morning until I've had at least 2 cups of coffee.
Old July 14th, 2021, 07:27 AM

Barrel, in Southern.
Old July 14th, 2021, 07:37 AM

Brawl
Old July 14th, 2021, 07:39 AM

Originally Posted by Koda
Barrel, in Southern.
Thanks John, that's what I thought. Everyone's heard, "A rolling stone gathers no moss", but I have never heard, "A rolling barrel gathers no fuzz (cops)". Does it mean if you just keep hauling **** the cops ain't gonna catch you???

By the way, I want to wish you safe and trouble free travels up to the H/O Nationals. Best of luck and be safe!
Old July 14th, 2021, 07:40 AM

Sorry Chris, I have to keep our in house spelling **** on his toes
Old July 14th, 2021, 07:47 AM

Sorry Chris, I have to keep our in house spelling **** on his toes
James - I'm sorry too, I told you I'm pretty dense, I still don't get the meaning of "A rolling [brawl] gathers no fuzz (cops)??? Never heard it, and just don't understand the meaning???
Old July 14th, 2021, 07:55 AM

Oh, now I see James's point. I mistook it.

I think it's a pun on a rolling stone gathers no moss. A rolling brawl gathers no fuzz as the cops don't catch up to you.
Old July 14th, 2021, 08:30 AM

The origin of the universe is revealed, I finally get it, just slap me twice and say go away!
Old July 14th, 2021, 01:21 PM

Chris, If I didn't have dyslexia things might be easier on you