The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old October 28th, 2021, 04:53 AM
Running On Empty

James - Found it. He got through M.D. school, began practicing then had his license revoked. What a nut case.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gary_Stephen_Krist
Old October 28th, 2021, 05:02 AM

There's no question in my mind that real life stories are much more bizarre than anything Hollywood could dream up

One would think he ...... never mind
Old October 28th, 2021, 05:10 AM

Originally Posted by Vintage Chief
My Troy Bilt 5500 portable generator (15 years old) has a B&S engine. James tiller has a B&S engine. Chris mower has a Honda engine. Times change, companies go through M&A all the time. Some companies may have ran out of engines, contracted with various other engine companies for any known reason(s). My real point was the parts supply chain was probably assaulted by ships not getting into the ports and lack of long-hauler OTR drivers to get supplies to points of assembly here in the states.

Chris, you have a Honda engine on your mower - what engine is on the snow blower you just purchased?

This reads like a M&A potpourri >>>MTD Products
Norm - In my initial response to Dan about the purchase I mentioned the increased prices were at least in part due to the supply chain disruptions, ships waiting in harbors, lack of OTR truckers, etc., that we're seeing in the news everyday. So, I completely agreed when you brought up that point.

The new snowblower engine is described as "a Troy-Bilt 208cc engine with push-button electric start to eliminate the need to pull-start a cold engine". With this description lacking another small engine manufacturers name like B&S, Honda, etc., I am assuming it is one of the MTD/Troy-Bilt engines manufactured in China as you originally suggested.
Old October 28th, 2021, 05:16 AM
Running On Empty

Chris - OMG. I just looked up that engine and then was side-tracked into Troy-Bilt snowblowers. They have produced 74 different models of snow blowers alone. Yowza.
Old October 28th, 2021, 05:28 AM
Running On Empty

James - I found Gary's crib; evidently he resides there to this day >>> 134 Hill's Shop Rd, Auburn, GA
He had an underground cocaine lab as well.
After his arrest, Barrow County, Georgia police found an underground drug lab for processing cocaine buried beneath a shed on his property.
The Einstein of Crime (as he regards himself). WTF

https://murderpedia.org/male.K/k/krist-gary-steven.htm

Old October 28th, 2021, 05:39 AM

Chris - OMG. I just looked up that engine and then was side-tracked into Troy-Bilt snowblowers. They have produced 74 different models of snow blowers alone. Yowza.
Norm - I have been sitting here researching too. It quickly becomes a quagmire reading about this company was bought by this company, was bought by this company, etc., etc.. I was curious about a brand of heavy duty lawn and garden tractors, Simplicity brand, that were very popular in southern Michigan when I was a boy. The garden tractors had very heavy duty frames, pressurized oil injection Kohler engines, and PTO's. My Dad had one forever that we mowed with and worked the garden with. He had a tiller that operated off the PTO. Apparently Simplicity bought Snapper, then B&S bought Simplicity, and now MTD has bought B&S. YOWZA is right! They are still making Simplicity lawn and garden tractors under the Simplicity name, but I doubt they are as heavy duty as they used to be. I did see they have B&S engines in them now, although the larger B&S commercial grade engines are oil pressurized.

Last edited by Dream67Olds442; October 28th, 2021 at 05:42 AM.
Old October 28th, 2021, 05:53 AM
Running On Empty

Chris - M&A - Cash cow of the IT industry. Before I moved into the public sector (Microsoft National Security Group) as a Principal Consultant for MS Network Monitoring & Management, I was amazed at the volume of revenue IT gained from private sector M&A. Each M&A results in the movement & upgrading of entire networks of both h/w & s/w to the tune of $100MM - companies of the like of MTD, banks are a big one, insurance, housing, real estate - the companies which have imprints globally are just ginormous. Each takes a team of ~100 consultants/engineers to migrate h/w, s/w & ensuing data. Mind boggling.
Old October 28th, 2021, 11:02 AM
Running On Empty

Avocado, Ham, Carrots, Red Onion, Mushrooms, TX Croutons, Orgasmic Leaf Lettuce, Mozzarella Cheese, Tomatoes, garnished a couple cubes of Feta Cheese and one of Mike's favorites - Large Red Castelvetrano Olives from Italy (which arrived this morning).

Old October 28th, 2021, 11:25 AM
Always room for one more

Norm those don't even look like olives. Yikes.

Hi everyone.

Nice trip down. It was cool but sunny. Tiger was fine in the back seat, but I was roasting in the front because the sun was coming right in windshield. I'm going to put that belt on before Saturday.

When I was little, before I was tasked with the snow blowing duties, my Dad had an ancient version of that big auger snow blower. One day we got like 8 inches of snow and my Dad wasn't home, so my Mom gets this thing fired up and is going to clear off the driveway. Only she couldn't figure out how to get the thing to stop(it had powered back wheels) so she went all the way around the block and back up the driveway and figured out how to stop it and left it right in the middle of the garage. The snow blower was then on the short list.

Got some chores to do today. Nice out today but breezy. Good day to do some yard work and let the wind carry the leaves away. We don't have any trees in the yard but always have piles of leaves. It's a little maddening.

Okay have a good Thursday everyone.

Old October 28th, 2021, 11:29 AM

Avocado, Ham, Carrots, Red Onion, Mushrooms, TX Croutons, Orgasmic Leaf Lettuce, Mozzarella Cheese, Tomatoes, garnished a couple cubes of Feta Cheese and one of Mike's favorites - Large Red Castelvetrano Olives from Italy (which arrived this morning).
Norm - Man that looks tasty, every bit of it!
Old October 28th, 2021, 11:37 AM
Running On Empty

Originally Posted by slantflat
When I was little, before I was tasked with the snow blowing duties, my Dad had an ancient version of that big auger snow blower. One day we got like 8 inches of snow and my Dad wasn't home, so my Mom gets this thing fired up and is going to clear off the driveway. Only she couldn't figure out how to get the thing to stop(it had powered back wheels) so she went all the way around the block and back up the driveway and figured out how to stop it and left it right in the middle of the garage. The snow blower was then on the short list.
I just blew my drink out my nostrils. What an image, Chicago Tribune Headline "Woman Out Of Control - Snow Blower Out Of Control" Today a woman was seen brandishing a snow blower through the city....
Old October 28th, 2021, 11:40 AM
Running On Empty

Chris - I'm going to make Mike an Olive malted milkshake when he gets back.
Old October 28th, 2021, 11:54 AM

Good afternoon guys,

Cool (58°) and rainy today as forecast. Supposed to have more of the same tomorrow. I made the mistake of looking ahead at next week's forecast and there are 3-days with morning lows below 32°. Yikes!

Got to take my wife to the Oral Surgeon at 1500. Her pain has come back over the past 3-days and there is swelling in the area of her cheek where the sinus augmentation was done as part of the overall implant procedure. Hoping she doesn't have a major infection going on, but I'll bet she'll be going back on antibiotics. Damn!

Went over to my neighbor's across the street early this morning to get the manuals out of the snowblower and start reading up on the assembly and operation. I couldn't believe it when I read it didn't come with oil for it. We're going by Walmart after she gets out of her appointment and I'll get some then, along with the grease Norm suggested to prep it with. AiYiYi, you'd think for that kind of money it would come with oil!

My wife already sold that Secretary Desk, it's going bye, bye tomorrow. I knew it would go quick, it was too nice and unique not to go quickly. She bought it for $50, and sold it for $350 after coming down $50 from her asking price. Maybe $5 - $10 in supplies at the most, and maybe 5-hours of actual work. Not a bad turnaround profit, they're not all that lucrative though.

Well that's what's going on in my world. Mike, glad you had a safe trip down, hope you have the same going home. Hope everyone is having a great day!
Old October 28th, 2021, 12:02 PM
Running On Empty

Originally Posted by Dream67Olds442
Got to take my wife to the Oral Surgeon at 1500. Her pain has come back over the past 3-days and there is swelling in the area of her cheek where the sinus augmentation was done as part of the overall implant procedure. Hoping she doesn't have a major infection going on, but I'll bet she'll be going back on antibiotics. Damn!

Went over to my neighbor's across the street early this morning to get the manuals out of the snowblower and start reading up on the assembly and operation. I couldn't believe it when I read it didn't come with oil for it. We're going by Walmart after she gets out of her appointment and I'll get some then, along with the grease Norm suggested to prep it with. AiYiYi, you'd think for that kind of money it would come with oil!

My wife already sold that Secretary Desk, it's going bye, bye tomorrow. I knew it would go quick, it was too nice and unique not to go quickly. She bought it for $50, and sold it for $350 after coming down $50 from her asking price. Maybe $5 - $10 in supplies at the most, and maybe 5-hours of actual work. Not a bad turnaround profit, they're not all that lucrative though.
Chris - Ah, a sinus lift - to ensure room for the stud. Can't have the bottom of the sinus in contact with the stud. Sorry to hear what sounds like an infection at the location of the sinus lift. That has to be miserable and extends the length of preparation prior to the remainder of the implant procedure. Argh. Get her a malted milkshake. Malted milkshakes cure everything. Seriously, antibiotics should be prescribed ASAP (sepsis bad, very bad).

I think you already said you're cooking the books on all this supplemental income?
Old October 28th, 2021, 12:03 PM

Norm, one of my favorite summer dishes is antipasto with rolled deli meat, olives cheeses , cherry peppers,and what ever else I can add
Old October 28th, 2021, 12:06 PM
Running On Empty

James - I love a nice Antipasto especially outdoors on a porch on a nice afternoon - delicious. With a nice large glass of sipp'n tea.
Old October 28th, 2021, 12:08 PM
Always room for one more

Norm send the olive malt to Chris's wife. She needs it more than I do...

Chris I'm sure you've heard, when you take antibiotics it kills all bacteria, even the good ones. So eat yogurt or some such thing to put back the good bacteria. My doctor told me that years ago, then one time he told me again and I said yes I know. He said, who told you? I said, you did! I guess he didn't know he was so smart.

Old October 28th, 2021, 12:09 PM

Chris - I'm going to make Mike an Olive malted milkshake when he gets back.
Maybe wait until Christmas time and use both red and green olives, it will be very festive!
Old October 28th, 2021, 12:18 PM

Chris - Ah, a sinus lift - to ensure room for the stud. Can't have the bottom of the sinus in contact with the stud. Sorry to hear what sounds like an infection at the location of the sinus lift. That has to be miserable and extends the length of preparation prior to the remainder of the implant procedure. Argh. Get her a malted milkshake. Malted milkshakes cure everything. Seriously, antibiotics should be prescribed ASAP (sepsis bad, very bad).

I think you already said you're cooking the books on all this supplemental income?
Norm - I hope we get her fixed up soon, she's a tough gal, but we all know what mouth/teeth pain feels like, it really wears on you! You're right, sepsis, bad, very bad! No extra income here, merely donations from folks who appreciate her saving the furniture from a cruel death at the dump. Kinda like giving to the save the elephants fund.
Old October 28th, 2021, 12:20 PM
Running On Empty

Maybe wait until Christmas time and use both red and green olives, it will be very festive!
Oh, I don't plan to wait until Christmas...Greens & Blacks will be opened shortly (within the next week). I plan to smorgasbord like James Antipasto the next round of olives.
Old October 28th, 2021, 12:26 PM
Running On Empty

No extra income here, merely donations from folks who appreciate her saving the furniture from a cruel death at the dump. Kinda like giving to the save the elephants fund.
Cooking the books I call it. Don't worry your secret is safe with everyone on CO. That's truly awesome you're donating to the African Elephant Fund - Kudos. I think I'll head outdoors before the rain comes this evening - I need to dump the B.S. from my boots. I'm getting knee deep in it.
Old October 28th, 2021, 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
Norm, one of my favorite summer dishes is antipasto with rolled deli meat, olives cheeses , cherry peppers,and what ever else I can add
I keep forgetting Ingredients

Hearts of palm, cherry tomatoes, artichoke hearts, marinated pearl onions celery
Old October 28th, 2021, 04:05 PM
Running On Empty

James - Took this directly from Wikipedia:

Typical ingredients of a traditional antipasto include cured meats, olives, peperoncini, mushrooms, anchovies, artichoke hearts, various cheeses (such as provolone or mozzarella), pickled meats, and vegetables in oil or vinegar. But much of this is relative to local cuisine.
Old October 28th, 2021, 05:34 PM

Chris, that's one piece of equipment ( snowblower) I'll never need and I'm glad.
That reminds me of a little tale I've heard. Goes like this- a old Michigan fella is completely fed up with snow and ice and cold weather in general. He decides to move and is asked where will he go? He says, "I'm gonna put my snowblower in the back of my pickup and head south until someone asks 'What is that thing?'. Then I will know I'm far enough south to stay!"
Old October 28th, 2021, 05:39 PM
Running On Empty

I’m going to make orecchiette pasta with olives and chick peas soon. I need to decide what matrix I want to use. I need to do some research on some Mediterranean olive chick pea orecchiette recipes.
Old October 28th, 2021, 05:41 PM
Running On Empty

Excellent story, Greg.
Old October 28th, 2021, 06:04 PM

Good evening guys,

We just got done eating dinner, very late for us. Usually we have eaten dinner by 1700. We got out of the Oral Surgeon's office much later than we anticipated because they were an hour behind schedule getting her in.

The really good news is there is no infection at any of her 3 implant sites, or the sinus cavity that had the sinus lift procedure. The minor bad news is the surgeon could not really explain why she was still having so much pain and puffiness/minor inflammation in the sinus area. His only explanation was it was a very evasive procedure with the pulling of one tooth, 3 bone grafts, 3 implant sockets, and a sinus lift done all at the same time, and it was just going to take time to completely heal. They did extensive sets of x-rays, and the surgeon told her everything was healing great. So, maybe him telling her all that will make the pain a little more bearable.

We went to Walmart afterwards as planned. I had my list, oil for the snowblower, tub of waterproof grease, small paint brush, frozen pizzas, and frozen pies. I had all my stuff in 10-minutes, with the exception of the grease which they were out of. My wife on the other hand did not have a list, and wanted to "shop". Ugh, I hate "shopping", especially in Walmart. We were probably only there an hour, but it seemed like 5, I was hungry and tired. Well, enough bitching! Gonna order my grease at Walmart online, I gotta order the Valvoline motorcycle oil and K&N oil filter I use on the Yamaha anyway, and everything together will be qualify for free shipping.

Hope everyone had a great day!
Old October 28th, 2021, 06:49 PM

Originally Posted by Greg Rogers
Chris, that's one piece of equipment ( snowblower) I'll never need and I'm glad.
That reminds me of a little tale I've heard. Goes like this- a old Michigan fella is completely fed up with snow and ice and cold weather in general. He decides to move and is asked where will he go? He says, "I'm gonna put my snowblower in the back of my pickup and head south until someone asks 'What is that thing?'. Then I will know I'm far enough south to stay!"
Greg - Great little story! Do you have a plow for your Quad, is that why you don't need a snowblower? Did you have time to do anything fun this afternoon after your tests were done?
Old October 28th, 2021, 06:52 PM

I need to do some research on some Mediterranean olive chick.
Norm - That's what you need to be researching!
Old October 28th, 2021, 07:12 PM
Running On Empty

I’m -1.5 hrs into maybe my 14th or 15th viewing of Apocalypse Now. Just getting ready to head into Cambodia.
Old October 28th, 2021, 07:41 PM

I’m -1.5 hrs into maybe my 14th or 15th viewing of Apocalypse Now. Just getting ready to head into Cambodia.
Lance....Lance....I want my surfboard back.
Old October 28th, 2021, 07:51 PM

I love the smell of Napalm burning in the morning . . . It smells like . . . like . . . Victory!
Old October 28th, 2021, 08:34 PM
Running On Empty

Now at Kirk’s Pagan Idolatry. Oh …you can’t talk to the man, man….the man talks to you, man. What’s with all the skulls? Oh that, yeah…sometimes he goes a little overboard, but he admits it, man….
Old October 28th, 2021, 08:36 PM
Running On Empty

Waiting for “The Horror……The Hor….ror…..The Hor…..ror…..
Old October 29th, 2021, 02:04 AM

If you watch closely you'll notice Robert Duvall wears 2 different calvary hats on the beach. One with the crossed sabers patch one with the crossed sabers pin.
Old October 29th, 2021, 03:48 AM

If you watch closely you'll notice Robert Duvall wears 2 different calvary hats on the beach. One with the crossed sabers patch one with the crossed sabers pin.
James - I don't think I've seen it 14 or 15 times like Norm, but a bunch, and I can't say I ever noticed that. I'll watch that scene closely next time. My wife picks up on little nuances like that in scenes all the time, me not very much.
Old October 29th, 2021, 03:52 AM
Running On Empty

Wait for it....wait for it.....
Old October 29th, 2021, 04:22 AM
Running On Empty

James - I tried, but you can't teach an old dog new tricks. Calvary is located just outside the walls of Jerusalem.

Also When he's the chopper pilot in Nam surfing on the river/beach. If you watch closely, he's wearing 2 different Calvary hats. One has the brass cross swords and one has the cross swords patch on the front.
Nearly verbatim.

James - A better chance they were used by the cavalry on cavalry sabers.
During our thread discussion involving weaponry.
Old October 29th, 2021, 04:28 AM

Norm so sorry
Old October 29th, 2021, 04:42 AM

Norm so sorry
James - Where the hell would we all be without Norm, just a bunch of damn Neanderthals!