The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old October 26th, 2021, 05:12 AM
Running On Empty

James - They are in fact like *****. I like the way you think.
Old October 26th, 2021, 05:12 AM
Running On Empty

1.5 hr massage therapy session @ 9am
Old October 26th, 2021, 05:25 AM

Originally Posted by Vintage Chief
1.5 hr massage therapy session @ 9am

Norm ask miss love you long time for "extra"
Old October 26th, 2021, 06:10 AM

Good morning guys,

OK, visioning olives as *****, and overseas speak for getting some at the massage parlor, there's a couple guys I know that ain't getting enough!

Put on your long johns, 39° at 0745, topping out around 59°, but sunshine and less breezy. May call my buddy and see if he would like to go for a short ride this afternoon with a late start, maybe 1100 or 1200.

No other big plans for today. I'll probably mow after the grass dries if I don't go for a ride. It would be nice if that was my last mowing for the season, but it probably isn't. I know I'll be mowing the front a couple of times just to mulch leaves.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Last edited by Dream67Olds442; October 26th, 2021 at 06:35 AM.
Old October 26th, 2021, 07:08 AM

Originally Posted by Dream67Olds442
Good morning guys,

OK, visioning olives as *****, and overseas speak for getting some at the massage parlor, there's a couple guys I know that ain't getting enough!

Put on your long johns, 39° at 0745, topping out around 59°, but sunshine and less breezy. May call my buddy and see if he would like to go for a short ride this afternoon with a late start, maybe 1100 or 1200.

No other big plans for today. I'll probably mow after the grass dries if I don't go for a ride. It would be nice if that was my last mowing for the season, but it probably isn't. I know I'll be mowing the front a couple of times just to mulch leaves.

Hope everyone has a great day!
No, sir.

Me ruv you rong time is getting some overseas.
Happy ending is the hand jive.

Old October 26th, 2021, 07:16 AM

Originally Posted by Koda
No, sir.

Me ruv you rong time is getting some overseas.
Happy ending is the hand jive.

Old October 26th, 2021, 12:03 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Work was okay. Not stressed, not hurried, just steady. We finished up around 2 and got out. I'm done with that place for a week and a half.

Norm we don't have any of those places around here. And, I've never seen one while I was traveling. The latest rage is Buccee's. I'm non-plussed.

Jamesbo I actually have more time than I counted on, since I'm not going to Alabama. So call if you want to.

Olives. Ick. That's all I have to say about that.

Chris must have gone on his ride. Or the mower ate him.

I'm going to change oil in the black truck today. It will be after 4 when I'm done so maybe I'll give it a wash. At least I need to do the windows.

Okay have a good afternoon everyone.

Old October 26th, 2021, 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by slantflat
The latest rage is Buccee's. I'm non-plussed.
I was surprised to see how they have grown. When I lived in Lake Jackson in the 90s, there were a couple convenience stores and an open air beer bar (ice house is what those type places were called). Then I moved and didn't hear about them for 20+ years until last month when talking to my sisters.
Old October 26th, 2021, 12:45 PM
Running On Empty

Norm we don't have any of those places around here. And, I've never seen one while I was traveling. The latest rage is Buccee's. I'm non-plussed.
There are lots of COOK OUT locations. Here are three in ATL.

Old October 26th, 2021, 01:35 PM
Running On Empty

Originally Posted by Fun71
I was surprised to see how they have grown. When I lived in Lake Jackson in the 90s, there were a couple convenience stores and an open air beer bar (ice house is what those type places were called). Then I moved and didn't hear about them for 20+ years until last month when talking to my sisters.
And one of the two founders (Arch Aplin) is TX Governor Greg Abbott's personal "Beaver" at the pleasure of the Governor.

Old October 26th, 2021, 03:44 PM
Always room for one more

Okay Norm. So they are here. Good to know. They are in places I never go.

Got the oil changed in the truck but not the belt. I really should have done that first. Maybe I can change the belt in the morning before I go. I don't have to leave any certain time. I forgot what a pain this oil change is. The filter is right above a drive shaft and it has to be twisted and turned to get out. So of course I got oil all over me, all over the driveway, it's running down every surface. I suppose it would be a piece of cake if this were 2WD.

Now, meatloaf.

Old October 26th, 2021, 04:57 PM

Chris must have gone on his ride. Or the mower ate him.
Hi guys,
I didn't go for a motorcycle ride, my buddy was busy and I decided I didn't feel like going by myself. Did double duty on exercise today though. Did my 40-minute cardio workout, rested an hour, and then went out and mowed.

Wife got another piece of furniture done today. It's an antique (>100-years old) Secretary Desk. I think it's one of her prettier efforts. On the interior pic, the vertical gold bars to the left and right of the central upper drawer are secret compartments that slide out to hold valuable papers or jewelry.

Hope everyone had a great day!

Old October 26th, 2021, 05:16 PM

Beautiful desk! Ugh, leaving at 4 AM tomorrow morn for U of M Hospital. 3 days of tests to see if I am OK to be a Kidney donor. Then back home on Friday evening. But good thing is picking up new puppy at sons place on Friday!! Excited about that! Also we plan on doing some things in the afternoon on Wed and Thurs. Hopefully I will be done early enough to go to The Henry Ford and take a River Rouge assembly plant tour at 3 PM tomorrow. Then if out early enough on Thurs plan to go to The U of M Museum of Natural History. Might as well see something while in the Ann Arbor/ Detroit area!
Old October 26th, 2021, 05:27 PM

Greg, good luck
Chris, nice piece

I think you should have a mr T starter set to play baseball
Old October 26th, 2021, 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by Greg Rogers
Beautiful desk! Ugh, leaving at 4 AM tomorrow morn for U of M Hospital. 3 days of tests to see if I am OK to be a Kidney donor. Then back home on Friday evening. But good thing is picking up new puppy at sons place on Friday!! Excited about that! Also we plan on doing some things in the afternoon on Wed and Thurs. Hopefully I will be done early enough to go to The Henry Ford and take a River Rouge assembly plant tour at 3 PM tomorrow. Then if out early enough on Thurs plan to go to The U of M Museum of Natural History. Might as well see something while in the Ann Arbor/ Detroit area!
Thanks Greg for the compliment on the desk, I've already let her know! Best of luck over in Ann Arbor, you'll be in our prayers. Glad you're trying to squeeze in some fun while you're there.
Old October 26th, 2021, 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
Chris, nice piece
Thanks James, she really appreciates the compliments!
Old October 27th, 2021, 03:29 AM

Either Norm got " happy ending " and took a nap or he snuck in 18 holes after lunch
Old October 27th, 2021, 03:34 AM
Running On Empty

I did in fact take a nap (w/o a happy ending). I didn't sneak in 18 holes although the weather was gorgeous. It's a tad brisk this morning @ 48°F, but should warm up nicely @ tee-time 8:30am. Rotator cuff still remains an issue, but it appears to be healing, very, very slowly.
Old October 27th, 2021, 07:33 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Nice out but cold. Which is okay I don't want it to be too warm today when we're in a truck with no AC. Nice day for a drive.

I told myself I didn't want to spend two hours at the Awful house this morning. So I left early, only an hour and 50. I've got a few things to do this morning, plan on leaving around noon.

Greg good luck with the testing. It would be nice if you could get to see some of that. I would love to go see The Henry Ford museum and also see the Rouge. A friend of mine lives in Detroit, I should hit him up as a tour guide.

Well gotta get a move on. Hope everyone has a good day.

Old October 27th, 2021, 07:58 AM

Good morning everyone.

Nice out but cold. Which is okay I don't want it to be too warm today when we're in a truck with no AC. Nice day for a drive.
Safe travels Mike!
Old October 27th, 2021, 10:56 AM
Running On Empty

42/43
Meh!
Going to play in the shoot-out now @ 4:30pm. Most likely will be a chilly finish.
Old October 27th, 2021, 11:22 AM

42/43
Meh!
Going to play in the shoot-out now @ 4:30pm. Most likely will be a chilly finish.
Norm - Good luck in the shoot-out! It's a little nicer here today than the past 2-days when it didn't get out of the 50's, it's 64° right now and partly sunny. All day rain forecast for Thursday and Friday, which doesn't sound like any fun.
Old October 27th, 2021, 04:29 PM

Good evening guys,

Pretty slow day, but a good one because it was really pretty out. Won't be too many more days like today, sunny and a high of 67°.

Just got back from Home Depot. My neighbor directly across the street went halves with me on a gas powered snowblower. It was my idea, because in addition to shoveling my own driveway, I have always went over to help him because he's 73, and has some health issues. The one we bought is powerful enough to walk around the back of my house and clear off a place for the dogs to do their business if the snow gets deep enough. We bought a Troy-Bilt, 208 cc, 24-inch, 2-stage, 6 forward speeds, 2 reverse speeds, and electric start. Overkill really for our driveways, but if I was going to get one, I wanted something to get down our hill to the back yard and back up. My neighbor has also agreed to store it, because I have absolutely no room. I told him that if he could store it that I would do all the operation if he wanted me too. Now, if we never get any substantial snow this winter, I will be just as happy that we don't have to use it.

Hope everyone had a great day, and has a relaxing evening!
Old October 27th, 2021, 04:29 PM
Running On Empty

I shot my number, but my teammates were well off their game. Meh. The wind calmed down and it was a nice evening for some pasture pool none-the-less.
Old October 27th, 2021, 04:33 PM
Running On Empty

Originally Posted by Dream67Olds442
My neighbor directly across the street went halves with me on a gas powered snowblower.
Nice addition to the coral. Suggestion, grease every item which turns, pulls, slides, etc. regardless of salt or not. Those things love grease for a continued smooth no bind operation all winter. Now's the best time to gitter dun.
Old October 27th, 2021, 04:49 PM

Nice addition to the coral. Suggestion, grease every item which turns, pulls, slides, etc. regardless of salt or not. Those things love grease for a continued smooth no bind operation all winter. Now's the best time to gitter dun.
Norm - Would spray on white lithium grease work well, I thought it might be the easiest way to apply??? If not, what would you suggest? Good thing is it shouldn't see any salt. We'll try to keep it out of the street where all the salt is.
Old October 27th, 2021, 05:20 PM
Running On Empty

I would suggest normal water-proof grease - any grease you use to grease the car, door jams, etc. I keep a container/tub of grease on a shelf in the man-cave. I cut a hole ~2" square in the middle of the top and I stick a cheap 0.89 (Ace) paintbrush through the hole into the grease. The paintbrush has one function - to apply grease to wherever it's needed. It makes very fast, readily available grease to everything/anything which needs grease. I use it continually for all of my outdoor tools from generators, lawn mower, trailer(s), edger(s), etc. It's really one of the best ways to have grease readily available and without having to worry about fussing over rags, cloths, etc. Grab the brush, swipe the part(s) and you're done. Of course, they sell smaller 2oz - 4 oz containers, but it's the availability of having a brush in grease readily available at your fingertips and a no hassle application - brush it and stick it back in the grease tub.

Old October 27th, 2021, 05:23 PM
Running On Empty

Chris - BTW, I wouldn't use a spray can of Lithium grease - no matter what it states on the container. It's basically oil + Lithium and it isn't very thick. Also, Lithium doesn't hold up well in moist environments. Waterproof grease is your best bet.
Old October 27th, 2021, 05:25 PM

Chris - BTW, I wouldn't use a spray can of Lithium grease - no matter what it states on the container. It's basically oil + Lithium and it isn't very thick. Also, Lithium doesn't hold up well in moist environments. Waterproof grease is your best bet.
Norm - Thanks for the tips and examples, will do!
Old October 27th, 2021, 05:35 PM

I was looking to get a new blower this year, as the one that I have is overkill for where I'm at now, (Snapper 11/27). I was going to sell it to my brother until I checked the prices compared to last year. The Toro that I was interested in went up $300. Looks like I will stick with this one.
Old October 27th, 2021, 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by 1969w3155
I was looking to get a new blower this year, as the one that I have is overkill for where I'm at now, (Snapper 11/27). I was going to sell it to my brother until I checked the prices compared to last year. The Toro that I was interested in went up $300. Looks like I will stick with this one.
Dan - Compared to last year the prices have skyrocketed, and you're lucky if you can even find places that have them in stock. It's gotta be the Covid related production and supply chain issues. I'm no snowblower expert, but I did a fair amount of market research, and I consider what we bought as being slightly above the bottom of the 2-stage type blowers, and paid $894, that included tax. I could have gotten what I would consider an "off brand" with the same specs/features for as much as $200 cheaper, but I've had a Troy-Bilt mower that I've had really good luck with so I thought I'd give them a shot. It sure wouldn't be hard to spend $1,500 - $2,500 on one if you got carried away though.
Old October 27th, 2021, 08:12 PM
Running On Empty

I'm pretty sure Troy Bilt is owned by MTD. I believe Troy Bilt uses MTD engines on their equipment. MTD engines are made in China (not necessarily a bad thing, just a thing). So, MTD engines were most likely on ships offshore in California waiting to get into port the past month - causing prices to escalate during the supply chain issue. Then, you have the shortage of long-hauler OTR truck drivers backlogging the supply chain.
Old October 28th, 2021, 01:18 AM

Safe travels Mike

Chris, that's one piece of equipment ( snowblower) I'll never need and I'm glad

For some reason the crazy story of the kidnapping of Barbara Jane Mackle showed up on Facebook this morning. I didn't know her well but saw her walking the stairs of Emory B school often. Bizarre
Old October 28th, 2021, 03:41 AM

I'm pretty sure Troy Bilt is owned by MTD. I believe Troy Bilt uses MTD engines on their equipment. MTD engines are made in China (not necessarily a bad thing, just a thing). So, MTD engines were most likely on ships offshore in California waiting to get into port the past month - causing prices to escalate during the supply chain issue. Then, you have the shortage of long-hauler OTR truck drivers backlogging the supply chain.
Norm - My Troy-Bilt mower has a Honda engine.
Old October 28th, 2021, 03:47 AM

Not apples to apples but my 50 year old troy built tiller has a B&S motor and is the best equipment I've ever owned
Old October 28th, 2021, 03:49 AM

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
Chris, that's one piece of equipment ( snowblower) I'll never need and I'm glad
James - Yes, that's one weather related issue you don't have to worry about, and I'm sure you thank your lucky stars!
Old October 28th, 2021, 04:34 AM
Running On Empty

My Troy Bilt 5500 portable generator (15 years old) has a B&S engine. James tiller has a B&S engine. Chris mower has a Honda engine. Times change, companies go through M&A all the time. Some companies may have ran out of engines, contracted with various other engine companies for any known reason(s). My real point was the parts supply chain was probably assaulted by ships not getting into the ports and lack of long-hauler OTR drivers to get supplies to points of assembly here in the states.

Chris, you have a Honda engine on your mower - what engine is on the snow blower you just purchased?

This reads like a M&A potpourri >>>MTD Products

Old October 28th, 2021, 04:39 AM
Running On Empty

James - I never heard of Barbara Jane Mackle until you brought it up this morning. I was 15 years old the summer of 1968. What a very peculiar story. There are some really horrific human beings in this world. The kidnappers should have had their ***** & ovaries cut out.
Old October 28th, 2021, 04:49 AM

Norm I'm pretty sure the Yahoo got paroled, went to med school became a doctor and then got busted for drugs

Some kind of crazy genius
Old October 28th, 2021, 04:51 AM
Running On Empty

James - Did he make it through M.D. school before he got busted for the ~40 lbs of cocaine?