The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old January 28th, 2022, 01:57 PM

Mike the Vista was Gold, can't remember the exact name of it. Jeff, Long Lake is just north of Harrison, Near Red's on Old 27. About 18 miles south of Houghton Lake/ Prudenville. We now live here year around. Is James lake the one just sort of south of Prudenville? We talked a little about this before but I then forgot about it, Maybe you and family could come over and take a boat ride next summer?
Old January 28th, 2022, 02:52 PM
Running On Empty

James - Thanks. Stop by for a slice.

Greg - I sure wish that development company would have lived up to their proposals of Lake Bradford. I held onto that property on Old 27 for 40 years.

Keith - Loving ‘Crip Camp’. Barack & Michelle Obama are Executive Producers. I’m pretty sure that’s Michelle waving her middle finger! Great movie.
Old January 29th, 2022, 04:12 AM

Originally Posted by Greg Rogers
Mike the Vista was Gold, can't remember the exact name of it. Jeff, Long Lake is just north of Harrison, Near Red's on Old 27. About 18 miles south of Houghton Lake/ Prudenville. We now live here year around. Is James lake the one just sort of south of Prudenville? We talked a little about this before but I then forgot about it, Maybe you and family could come over and take a boat ride next summer?
Greg - For some reason I didn't remember you living that far north, maybe you didn't before you moved permanently to your lake home? You probably don't get much lake effect snow that far east, but I'm sure you still get plenty. My FIL lives about an hour directly west of you near Baldwin. Odd, he is from St. Louis, but married a gal who was originally from Michigan and moved up there to be closer to her family in 1983, the same year I moved down here.
Old January 29th, 2022, 04:26 AM
Running On Empty

White fluffy stuff falling from the sky this morning...the Apocalypse has arrived.
Old January 29th, 2022, 04:46 AM

Good morning guys,

Norm - I was wondering if you would be on the south end of that mess going up the coast. Just watched some footage on the news and those folks are getting hammered. If Boston gets +2-feet, plus 60 to 70 mph winds, boy is it going to be a disaster!

Much colder here this morning than I thought it was going to be, 9° at 0645, but supposed to get up to low 40's with sunshine and no precip, actually a nice day for winter here.

No big plans for today, hope everyone has a great day!
Old January 29th, 2022, 05:02 AM
Running On Empty

Chris - Yeah, South end of the Apocalypse. Should be a delightful afternoon in Boston. People get so riled up regarding the weather - as if weather has never occurred in human history on this planet. It's only when we add the ever-increasing burden of exponential growth of the human population do we witness stupidity at its highest level.

Well, the newest latest & greatest SARS-CoV-2 sub variant (BA.2 lineage) arrived a couple weeks ago & has now overtaken the original Omicron sub variant (BA.1 lineage), at least in Denmark. It's regarded as ~x1.5 more transmissible as the original Omicron (BA.1 lineage). It's nice to see many virologists/epidemiologists garnering attention in accurately monitoring the SARS-CoV-2 lineages. There "are" benefits of identification/monitoring - primarily as the result of the significance of the original SARS-CoV-2 pandemic. Eventually, the identification/monitoring is going to need to subside - we can't continue to force "headlines" regarding these sub variant lineages (strains) when the symptoms present no greater threat than the common cold (in the absolute majority of cases). I'm a strong proponent of fighting the infection via vaccine regimens; yet, the never-ending whirlwind of misguided information (factual as it is, indeed) creates turmoil and havoc to the uninformed masses. We have NEVER tested Influenza, Rhinovirus and the common cold Coronaviruses with such a battalion of weaponry.

Last edited by Vintage Chief; January 29th, 2022 at 05:14 AM. Reason: sp
Old January 29th, 2022, 05:39 AM

Originally Posted by Vintage Chief
Well, the newest latest & greatest SARS-CoV-2 sub variant (BA.2 lineage) arrived a couple weeks ago & has now overtaken the original Omicron sub variant (BA.1 lineage), at least in Denmark. It's regarded as ~x1.5 more transmissible as the original Omicron (BA.1 lineage). It's nice to see many virologists/epidemiologists garnering attention in accurately monitoring the SARS-CoV-2 lineages. There "are" benefits of identification/monitoring - primarily as the result of the significance of the original SARS-CoV-2 pandemic. Eventually, the identification/monitoring is going to need to subside - we can't continue to force "headlines" regarding these sub variant lineages (strains) when the symptoms present no greater threat than the common cold (in the absolute majority of cases). I'm a strong proponent of fighting the infection via vaccine regimens; yet, the never-ending whirlwind of misguided information (factual as it is, indeed) creates turmoil and havoc to the uninformed masses. We have NEVER tested Influenza, Rhinovirus and the common cold Coronaviruses with such a battalion of weaponry.
Norm - I agree we have never seen so many resources thrown at other common respiratory viruses. I suspect, and hope, that will decline with time, as we get closer to a combination of natural and vaccinated herd immunity. I just looked up current statistics for U.S. influenza related deaths since the start of the current flu season, and there have been only approx. 1,200 deaths total the entire flu season to date. Right now in the U.S. we are still averaging over 2,000 Covid related deaths per day, exponentially more than related to influenza. I doubt we will see a focus shift related to Covid until the death rate drops significantly and stabilizes for a significant period of time. JMO
Old January 29th, 2022, 06:46 AM
Running On Empty

It will be interesting to see what future vaccines are developed, produced & available free to the general world population(s) - most likely based upon region (I am purposely avoiding political boundaries). Without a scientific discussion involving the various Influenza subclades the predominant seasonal Influenza vaccine(s) are:

One influenza A(H1N1) virus
One influenza A(H3N2) virus
One influenza B/Victoria lineage virus; and,
One influenza B/Yamagata lineage virus.

In all vaccines, we "hope" we get the correct subclades of each virus.

There have been many scientific discussions in previous years regarding inclusion of common cold viruses (Rhinovirus & Coronavirus) into the annual(seasonal) influenza vaccine . These discussions continue but are not hallmark candidates in the fight against human infection(s) primarily because they are mild>moderate infections which are recoverable in the majority of cases. With the advent of the SARS-CoV-2 pandemic, this "could" change; yet, this same discussion occurred when MERS & the original SARS virus were detected (each of which had far greater fatalities). Will institutions attempt to develop a seasonal influenza vaccine which also contains the latest variants of SARS-CoV-2? If so, based upon mass reactions to the SARS-CoV-2 vaccine regimen how effective would it be to "include" a SARS-CoV-2 vaccine into the annual seasonal vaccine? Or, will there remain a separate SARS-CoV-2 vaccine regimen separate from the seasonal influenza vaccine(s)? Let's face it, for the mass population(s) on the planet, many are skeptical of science for some peculiar & strange reason. There are those convinced the Earth remains the center of the Universe, the Earth is flat, molecules/atoms don't really exist, $hit flows upstream, the Oceans aren't being polluted & will last forever & landing on the Moon was fake (filmed in a Hollywood studio).

Our development of vaccines have been remarkable. Consider these vaccines which are REQUIRED for any child in the U.S.A. to receive a public education (based upon state requirements). I guess folks forgot the importance of how science relates to their livelihood.
SOURCE: State-by-State: Vaccinations Required for Public School Kindergarten

DTaP: Diphtheria, Tetanus, & Pertussis
IPV: Polio
Varicella: Chickenpox
MMR: Measles, Mumps, & Rubella
HepB: Hepatitis B
HepA: Hepatitis AHib: Haemophilus Influenza Type b
PCV: Pneumococcal
Old January 29th, 2022, 07:06 AM

Our development of vaccines have been remarkable. Consider these vaccines which are REQUIRED for any child in the U.S.A. to receive a public education (based upon state requirements). I guess folks forgot the importance of how science relates to their livelihood.

Nice try, but you may get an "E for effort"!
Old January 29th, 2022, 11:01 AM

It will be interesting to see what future vaccines are developed, produced & available free to the general world population(s) - most likely based upon region (I am purposely avoiding political boundaries). Without a scientific discussion involving the various Influenza subclades the predominant seasonal Influenza vaccine(s) are:

One influenza A(H1N1) virus
One influenza A(H3N2) virus
One influenza B/Victoria lineage virus; and,
One influenza B/Yamagata lineage virus.

In all vaccines, we "hope" we get the correct subclades of each virus.

There have been many scientific discussions in previous years regarding inclusion of common cold viruses (Rhinovirus & Coronavirus) into the annual(seasonal) influenza vaccine . These discussions continue but are not hallmark candidates in the fight against human infection(s) primarily because they are mild>moderate infections which are recoverable in the majority of cases. With the advent of the SARS-CoV-2 pandemic, this "could" change; yet, this same discussion occurred when MERS & the original SARS virus were detected (each of which had far greater fatalities). Will institutions attempt to develop a seasonal influenza vaccine which also contains the latest variants of SARS-CoV-2? If so, based upon mass reactions to the SARS-CoV-2 vaccine regimen how effective would it be to "include" a SARS-CoV-2 vaccine into the annual seasonal vaccine? Or, will there remain a separate SARS-CoV-2 vaccine regimen separate from the seasonal influenza vaccine(s)? Let's face it, for the mass population(s) on the planet, many are skeptical of science for some peculiar & strange reason. There are those convinced the Earth remains the center of the Universe, the Earth is flat, molecules/atoms don't really exist, $hit flows upstream, the Oceans aren't being polluted & will last forever & landing on the Moon was fake (filmed in a Hollywood studio).

That brings up a very frightening thought. With the clots and odd growths showing up in arteries of people who have died from heart problems after being vaccinated; if one believes that they should never receive a covid vaccine (as is their right), one is going to have to watch out for mRNA vaccines, both covid and otherwise, being included in literally any other injection they ever elect to have. I will not debate people on the covid vaccine, their choice is their choice, and mine is mine. Fortunately, I don't do flu vaccines either, and I only have in the past because I would be on a trip with my dad, and he bitched for an hour straight about it. So much for my freedom of choice. I may not be able to go to a physician any time soon due to forced injection policies; I'll have to audit them carefully.

The medical structure in the US depends on trust, and I think both sides of this issue can agree it has been utterly destroyed.
Old January 29th, 2022, 11:13 AM

This was an interesting read on the general public's (mis)perception of COVID.

https://www.brookings.edu/research/h...and-behaviors/

How misinformation is distorting COVID policies and behaviors

The U.S. public is also deeply misinformed about the severity of the virus for the average infected person. In December, we asked, “What percentage of people who have been infected by the coronavirus needed to be hospitalized?”

The correct answer is not precisely known, but it is highly likely to be between 1% and 5% according to the best available estimates, and it is unlikely to be much higher or lower.

Less than one in five U.S. adults (18%) give a correct answer of between 1 and 5%. Many adults (35%) say that at least half of infected people need hospitalization.

Old January 29th, 2022, 11:19 AM
Running On Empty

John - You began your post with voodoo, conjectures, and unfounded postulates which conjure up notions your statements demonstrate some form of supposed reasoning why anyone should not be vaccinated against the vaccines I listed as required. If you have scientific evidence to support your statements I’m an avid listener. But you’re portraying falsehoods with those statements. We do not require our children to receive mandatary vaccines to impose medical risks upon them. You are making false misguided statements. It’s your choice regarding COVID-19 vaccine, as it is anyones choice. I appreciate your opinions but scientific evidence does not support your claims - blowing up falsehoods and creating paranoia.
Old January 29th, 2022, 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by Fun71
This was an interesting read on the general public's (mis)perception of COVID.

https://www.brookings.edu/research/h...and-behaviors/

How misinformation is distorting COVID policies and behaviors

The U.S. public is also deeply misinformed about the severity of the virus for the average infected person. In December, we asked, “What percentage of people who have been infected by the coronavirus needed to be hospitalized?”

The correct answer is not precisely known, but it is highly likely to be between 1% and 5% according to the best available estimates, and it is unlikely to be much higher or lower.

Less than one in five U.S. adults (18%) give a correct answer of between 1 and 5%. Many adults (35%) say that at least half of infected people need hospitalization.
Appears to be a year old document and may not represent current attitudes. There is a lot of dis-information out there and it doesn't help anyone. As always, one can make their own choice on what to believe.
Old January 29th, 2022, 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by Bunser
Appears to be a year old document and may not represent current attitudes.
I didn’t initially realize the date on that. I was searching for an article I read just last week that had essentially the same info.

Basically the same thing in this article from this past September, so I guess things have not changed much over time.

https://news.gallup.com/opinion/gall...tion-risk.aspx

The article I had read was saying it’s time for the media to quit stoking fear. As noted in the two above, a large percentage of people think that catching COVID = getting hospitalized because that’s all they see in the news.

Last edited by Fun71; January 29th, 2022 at 01:55 PM.
Old January 29th, 2022, 01:55 PM

John - You began your post with voodoo, conjectures, and unfounded postulates which conjure up notions your statements demonstrate some form of supposed reasoning why anyone should not be vaccinated against the vaccines I listed as required. If you have scientific evidence to support your statements I’m an avid listener. But you’re portraying falsehoods with those statements. We do not require our children to receive mandatary vaccines to impose medical risks upon them. You are making false misguided statements. It’s your choice regarding COVID-19 vaccine, as it is anyones choice. I appreciate your opinions but scientific evidence does not support your claims - blowing up falsehoods and creating paranoia.
I did not incorporate any African religion, nor did I make a conclusion of any kind, nor did I reference any of the list you made.

What I did say was that, based on your statement of packing mRNA vaccines in with other vaccines, is that, if someone is opposed to mRNA vaccines, one will need to watch that it is not packed into any other vaccine. I then referenced an ongoing medical phenomenon and related a personal anecdote.

Right now, the hyperbole in your reply is at 11. Please adjust to 3. Thank you.
Old January 29th, 2022, 04:19 PM
Running On Empty

Originally Posted by Koda
I did not incorporate any African religion, nor did I make a conclusion of any kind, nor did I reference any of the list you made.
What I did say was that, based on your statement of packing mRNA vaccines in with other vaccines, is that, if someone is opposed to mRNA vaccines, one will need to watch that it is not packed into any other vaccine. I then referenced an ongoing medical phenomenon and related a personal anecdote.
Right now, the hyperbole in your reply is at 11. Please adjust to 3. Thank you.
John - You said at the beginning of your post:

...clots and odd growths showing up in arteries of people who have died from heart problems after being vaccinated.
You stated a conclusion without reference, and it's your conclusion (and, if it is not, you can cite a reference to substantiate). You referenced thosebeing vaccinated without reference to any vaccine. Which, I agree with you - you referenced no vaccine at all but began with "....clots and odd growths showing up in arteries of people who have died from heart problems after being vaccinated." Anyone can rightfully assume you're referring to any/all vaccines; which, as I stated earlier is unfounded conjecture/postulation.

The only references contained within the scientific literature regarding any form of blood clots are those resulting from the Astrazeneca (ChAdOx1) COVID-19 vaccine which is not available to anyone within the U.S.A. and it is not approved by either the F.D.A. or the C.D.C. for dispersal under any licensing agreement (which includes Emergency Authorization). Research demonstrates the most likely result of blood clotting in the <0.003% patients occurred as the result of venous puncture (most likely) - during administration of the vaccine a vein was accidentally punctured. Vaccines (in this case COVID-19 vaccine) like all vaccines are delivered via intramuscularly - they are not delivered via venous injection (IV). As a result of a venous puncture certain individuals have developed blood clots yielding venous thrombosis (thrombocytopenia) but only with Astrazeneca vaccine. It's noteworthy to point out the Astrazeneca vaccine employs a chimpanzee Adenovirus carrier. The ChAdOx1 (Astrazeneca) viral vector, adapted from chimpanzee adenovirus Y25 (ChAd-Y25), is the basis for the ChAdOx1 nCoV-19 vaccine (AZD1222/Vaxzevria). There are actually three Adenovirus vectors employed for the production of COVID-19 vaccines: Chimpanzee adenovirus Y25 (ChAdOx1), Human adenovirus type 26 (HAdV-D26), and Human adenovirus type 5 (HAdV-C5). Various manufacturers have employed these viral vectors, including Johnson & Johnson's COVID-19. J&J employs the HAdV-D26 Human Adenovirus (Type Ad26).

Covid-19: Rare immune response may cause clots after AstraZeneca vaccine, say researchers.
ChAdOx1 interacts with CAR and PF4 with implications for thrombosis with thrombocytopenia syndrome.
Pathologic Antibodies to Platelet Factor 4 after ChAdOx1 nCoV-19 Vaccination.
PF4 Immunoassays in Vaccine-Induced Thrombotic Thrombocytopenia.

Adenovirus-Vector Vaccines - the type of vaccine you are referencing resulting in platelet thrombosis is not an mRNA vaccine. Albeit, I had a difficult time consuming your conclusion regarding blood platelet thrombosis (blood clots) when you followed this up with:

...if one believes that they should never receive a covid vaccine (as is their right), one is going to have to watch out for mRNA vaccines, both covid and otherwise, being included in literally any other injection they ever elect to have.
I'm still unclear why you referenced mRNA vaccines since you began a discussion involving Adenovirus vaccines. If anything, you logic should dictate having to watch out for Adenovirus vaccines.

If you consider my hyperbole to be greater than yours, that's your decision. I cite scientific references (when required) so the reader might have the opportunity to review pertinent information and develop informed decisions. I believe this should remain a civil discussion.
Old January 29th, 2022, 04:41 PM
Running On Empty

I didn’t initially realize the date on that. I was searching for an article I read just last week that had essentially the same info.
Basically the same thing in this article from this past September, so I guess things have not changed much over time.
https://news.gallup.com/opinion/gall...tion-risk.aspx
The article I had read was saying it’s time for the media to quit stoking fear. As noted in the two above, a large percentage of people think that catching COVID = getting hospitalized because that’s all they see in the news.
I read both of those articles, and I'll agree with your synopsis for the most part "...media...stoking fear."; because, that's what sells. The media in this country (in particular) lacks appropriately trained journalists to deliver concise and simple scientific information. I'm seriously holding back on what I really think about the media's entire portrayal of this pandemic - but, it has been nothing short of delivering complete misinformation and hysteria. I should stop now. It was (it's getting better) & still remains a significant pandemic but the delivery of the pertinent and significant information in a simple manner has been less than exemplary. But then again, it requires an informed, literate, educated populous to decipher information - I'm not convinced we actually have such a populous.
Old January 29th, 2022, 04:56 PM

The key point of several articles has been that providing complete, accurate information was beneficial to all levels of intellect.

Last edited by Fun71; January 29th, 2022 at 04:59 PM.
Old January 29th, 2022, 05:04 PM
Running On Empty

The key point of several articles has been that providing complete, accurate information was beneficial to all levels of intellect.
I cannot disagree w/ that statement.
Old January 29th, 2022, 05:13 PM

Norm, I usually don't cite things because I'm not engaged in debate, nor am I looking to educate people. I do appreciate your informative efforts. I have seen some (rather disgusting) pictures of what are purported to be blood clots and odd protein strings found in autopsy of people who have purportedly died from covid related heart failure. I will see if I can find them again and get them here.

My main objection to vaccine narrative is, after all, sociological, not medical.
Old January 29th, 2022, 05:34 PM
Running On Empty

John - I’m good with your statements. If I see something amiss, I point it out as you & any others surely would. If I take exception my intentions are not to resent what you have stated but to provide additional contextual information. Don’t you have vinyl platters to clean?
Old January 29th, 2022, 06:12 PM

Might listen to a few and get half sloshed.
Old January 29th, 2022, 06:22 PM

get half sloshed.
Slacker.
Old January 29th, 2022, 06:56 PM
Running On Empty

The operative term ‘might’ beckons more indulgence.
Old January 30th, 2022, 01:11 AM

Gentlemen last time this subject was discussed mods got close to calling it political

Let's try to avoid it

Carpe diem

And let others do the same

We all know what they say about opinions
Old January 30th, 2022, 04:53 AM

--A good friend came over yesterday and we went over to barn and worked on crashed Impala. Of course damage was worse than it looked. It was cold when collision occurred and all plastic was brittle. Right headlamp assembly was cracked apart all along the inside and ear in rear where it screwed to sheet metal was broke off. The plastic part that goes across behind the bumper/facia was broken off on right side, Hood was bent at front edge and rear right side where hinge is. The upper and lower grilles were broken and pushed in. Chevy bow tie and license plate frame knocked off. Right fender rubbed on door when door was opened and whole fender was pushed out causing large gap at hood to fender opening- largest at front- maybe 3/4". We bent back edge of fender out so doesn't hit on fender, removed and superglued headlamp back together using a carpenters wood clamp, took out 2 bolts that held inner plastic to inner sheet metal and replaced with big washers that could grab what was left of the broken plastic ears, on and on. So car is ok for what it now is... A Harrison Beater- fits right in around here! But now I know it is still safe and alright to use for a while.
==Been looking at Traverse info online and found that a basic Traverse has only a 1500 lb towing capacity unless it's equipped with the trailer towing package- then it is 5000 lb. The trailer package is $650.00. Well that is fine but found out you can't get the trailer pkg on the basic Traverse. It has to be a LT Cloth version or above to get the tow pkg. So the LT Cloth package is $5000 more than the base, of course you get more other stuff. But I was almost getting able to consider buy a new car for 37,000 but now it's more like 42,000!! Also there is something about heated seats and or rear cameras not being available now and you get back like $50.00 for not getting those??? HUH??? Maybe something to do with chip shortage?? I want heated seats. It's cold here. You guys heard anything about that?
-- Neighbors Traverse ended up being a 2019 coming off a 3 yr lease in August, It is a awd and had trailer pkg so I may get that one. We'll see...
Old January 30th, 2022, 06:02 AM

-- Neighbors Traverse ended up being a 2019 coming off a 3 yr lease in August, It is a awd and had trailer pkg so I may get that one. We'll see...
Greg - Glad you're going to be able to safely drive the Impala while you continue your search for a new or used daily driver! Good luck in your search!
Old January 30th, 2022, 07:59 AM
GCH

Originally Posted by Dream67Olds442
I'm really tired of winter already, and we still have 2-months to go.
Yes we also but we had an awesome wheater some days now with about 5-7 C sunshine and dry roads. What a big
diffence against last year when it was very cold and snowy here. Took the 88 for a nice trip and filled it up with gas
at the same time man it,s nice to be alive . Hope summer comes soon.

Old January 30th, 2022, 09:03 AM

--A good friend came over yesterday and we went over to barn and worked on crashed Impala. Of course damage was worse than it looked. It was cold when collision occurred and all plastic was brittle. Right headlamp assembly was cracked apart all along the inside and ear in rear where it screwed to sheet metal was broke off. The plastic part that goes across behind the bumper/facia was broken off on right side, Hood was bent at front edge and rear right side where hinge is. The upper and lower grilles were broken and pushed in. Chevy bow tie and license plate frame knocked off. Right fender rubbed on door when door was opened and whole fender was pushed out causing large gap at hood to fender opening- largest at front- maybe 3/4". We bent back edge of fender out so doesn't hit on fender, removed and superglued headlamp back together using a carpenters wood clamp, took out 2 bolts that held inner plastic to inner sheet metal and replaced with big washers that could grab what was left of the broken plastic ears, on and on. So car is ok for what it now is... A Harrison Beater- fits right in around here! But now I know it is still safe and alright to use for a while.
==Been looking at Traverse info online and found that a basic Traverse has only a 1500 lb towing capacity unless it's equipped with the trailer towing package- then it is 5000 lb. The trailer package is $650.00. Well that is fine but found out you can't get the trailer pkg on the basic Traverse. It has to be a LT Cloth version or above to get the tow pkg. So the LT Cloth package is $5000 more than the base, of course you get more other stuff. But I was almost getting able to consider buy a new car for 37,000 but now it's more like 42,000!! Also there is something about heated seats and or rear cameras not being available now and you get back like $50.00 for not getting those??? HUH??? Maybe something to do with chip shortage?? I want heated seats. It's cold here. You guys heard anything about that?
Glad you're on the move, both you and the car. For a shameless plug, the Toyota Motor Corporation makes a number of towing rated SUVs that might fit your needs.

I finished off the bottle of Basil Hayden last night, it effectively was a triple and had a mild headache this am. Nothing advil didn't cure. Listened to Led Zeppelin, Warren Zevon, and Tom Petty.

That's a nice 88.
Old January 30th, 2022, 09:11 AM

Originally Posted by GCH
Yes we also but we had an awesome wheater some days now with about 5-7 C sunshine and dry roads. What a big
diffence against last year when it was very cold and snowy here. Took the 88 for a nice trip and filled it up with gas
at the same time man it,s nice to be alive . Hope summer comes soon.
Glenn - Pretty picture! Glad you are having a mild winter by your standards, and that you were able to get the '88 out for a drive. Sounds nice! Do they put down much or any salt type chemicals on the roads to melt the ice/snow where you are? Around here they put a down a ton, and alot of the time even after the snow/ice melts there is a fine powdery residue of the salt that will blow around and eat your metal alive. I won't get my car or bikes out in the Spring until I'm sure the snow is done, and there have been a couple of good rains to wash all the salt off the road for good.
Old January 30th, 2022, 10:35 AM
GCH

That's a nice 88.
Thanks Koda , i listen to Led Zeppelin sometimes also but i have quit drinking many years ago .

Glenn - Pretty picture! Glad you are having a mild winter by your standards, and that you were able to get the '88 out for a drive. Sounds nice! Do they put down much or any salt type chemicals on the roads to melt the ice/snow where you are? Around here they put a down a ton, and alot of the time even after the snow/ice melts there is a fine powdery residue of the salt that will blow around and eat your metal alive. I won't get my car or bikes out in the Spring until I'm sure the snow is done, and there have been a couple of good rains to wash all the salt off the road for good.
Yes Chris , they use a lot of salt on the roads here
also. Last 24 hours it have been very much wind because of a storm in southern part of the country so the roads was dry . I don't want to drive on salty roads me either but it would be fun to have a classic car for driving in all kind of weather. Some people thinks they could have same speed both in winter than summer here . Wish they salted less and people was driving more careful and slowly.
Old January 30th, 2022, 10:46 AM
Running On Empty

I e-filed both my Federal & State Tax Forms this morning. I hate having that burden over my head while playing 18.

Glenn - Nice picture.
John - I suspected the "might" would lead to...further indulgence.
Greg - Happy you are getting about after surgery.
James - What's for lunch?
Chris - Drove the '71 CS to fill it up @ gas station. Snowed here yesterday morning ~3 hrs. Snow stuck to the ground ~1 hr. and it was gone the following hour.
Keith - Yes, 'Crip Camp' was good.

I should be able to get 18 in tomorrow & Wednesday. I've been watching lots of Netflix movies the past week during the poopy weather. It's chilly again today so the movies will continue.
Old January 30th, 2022, 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by GCH

Wish they salted less and people was driving more careful and slowly.
Glenn - We don't really get enough snow here in St. Louis for most people to ever learn to drive safely in snowy/icy conditions, not like where I grew up in Michigan where many of the secondary roads might be continually snow covered for much of December - February. People here in St. Louis drive way too fast in snowy/icy conditions.
Old January 30th, 2022, 10:53 AM
Running On Empty

Glenn - We don't really get enough snow here in St. Louis for most people to ever learn to drive safely in snowy/icy conditions, not like where I grew up in Michigan where many of the secondary roads might be continually snow covered for much of December - February. People here in St. Louis drive way too fast in snowy/icy conditions.
Chris - I don't believe they provide(d) driving lessons to the locals where I live - it's mayhem (think go-karts) on perfectly dry asphalt (when they do drive on the asphalt).
Old January 30th, 2022, 10:59 AM

I
Fried Bologna sandwich with Canadian black Diamond cheese
Old January 30th, 2022, 11:00 AM

Chris - I don't believe they provide(d) driving lessons to the locals where I live - it's mayhem (think go-karts) on perfectly dry asphalt (when they do drive on the asphalt).
Norm - You mentioned "think go-karts", I'm thinking it's more like "bumber cars" at the County Fair here! Every soccer Mom with an AWD SUV drives like a frickin maniac in the snow!
Old January 30th, 2022, 11:01 AM

I

Old January 30th, 2022, 11:14 AM
Running On Empty

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
Honestly - That sounds like a delicious sandwich. I believe that's one for me to consider this week. I'm wrestling up more homemade fettuccine, massive amounts of garlic on toast & a big scoop of the marinara meat sauce.
Old January 30th, 2022, 11:19 AM

Norm, Be sure to slice the sides so it won't curl up on ya

personally I'd cut it deeper than this stock pic
Old January 30th, 2022, 11:29 AM
Running On Empty

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
Norm, Be sure to slice the sides so it won't curl up on ya

personally I'd cut it deeper than this stock pic
Interesting....I never thought of that.