The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old November 1st, 2021, 02:05 PM
Running On Empty

James - I don't plan to bathe in the stuff!

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
Norm Chris,

If you are going to grease grease

Old November 1st, 2021, 03:11 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

I'm beat. Worked all afternoon over at the house. Got my shower leak fixed, cut down a tree, scooped up some dirt, picked up a lot of trash. And the beginning to all that was replacing bulbs in the chandelier in the breakfast room.

So the previous guy still gets mail here. I haven't heard from him for weeks, nor has he been down to get any more stuff. He lives up in the woods and I said I hope he didn't get eaten by a bear. Well, the mail comes and there are statements from the local hospital. Why they would send them here I don't know, but I thought holy crap, maybe something dastardly did happen to him. One would think his wife would call me, but then again in that instance she'd be knee deep in empty wine bottles.

Greg here is another one. Snowy. Short for Snowmobile. Ranger. Or my favorite, Max.

Glenn I'd love to go over there and see what that part of the world looks like. My Mom's family is all Swedish. None of them have ever been over there.

Just beautiful today. Sunny, warmish, just a joy to be outside. Hope it continues.

Hope everyone had a good day.

Old November 1st, 2021, 03:21 PM
Running On Empty

Originally Posted by GCH
Had been i Norway many times and a couple times
before long time ago in the video below , would be nice to drive these curvy roads again and se
the awesome nature in our neighbor country.

Hope everybody feeling well , very nice place to read about different things. Have checked the 88
after the deer accident but could not se any broken
things
Glenn - The furthest North I have been in Europe is Leeds, UK - at least regarding the British Isles. The furthest North I have been on the mainland of Europe is Bremen, Germany. I have spent some nice times in Northern Germany & in the Mountains of Austria. I have never been to either Norway or Sweden - I believe they would be lovely places to visit.

When I was younger (in the 1960s) my Mother received via subscription this pamphlet/booklet of Readers Digest. I believe she received it every month. I once read this story in Readers Digest (I guess I was ~12 or 13 yrs old) about a family who lived in Russia. They hated Russia and they escaped. Of course, at such a young age I wasn't keenly aware of Russia. None-the-less, the short story was about this family who walked all the way across Finland in the autumn/fall and when they arrived in Sweden it was winter. They walked through what I recall was water-logged, sphagnum peat moss bogs for days on end - probably several weeks, I don't recall. They pitched bivouac make-shift shelters on short trees and limbs above the bogs to stay dry while they slept at night. Quite the hard to imagine adventure - they left with nothing more than what was on their backs to escape.

Last edited by Vintage Chief; November 1st, 2021 at 03:24 PM. Reason: sp
Old November 1st, 2021, 04:33 PM
Running On Empty

Internet {Spectrum=Rectum} has taken a $HIT. Been doing this all weekend. Called them, blah, blah, blah. Tech here tomorrow. I get so disgusted with these providers.
Old November 1st, 2021, 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by Vintage Chief
Internet {Spectrum=Rectum} has taken a $HIT. Been doing this all weekend. Called them, blah, blah, blah. Tech here tomorrow. I get so disgusted with these providers.
Norm - I couldn't agree with you more, Spectrum is a piece of $hit, unfortunately, they're the best piece of $hit we have around here for internet.
Old November 1st, 2021, 06:03 PM

Mike, I looked back at Charlie's ad for the rotisserie you bought. Looks like a great deal! Well I guess we are going to call the puppy "Buddy". Ahh, not to original but I always would call my other dogs "Buddy" or "Bud" instead of their name sometimes so I think I will like it.
Old November 1st, 2021, 07:04 PM

Originally Posted by Greg Rogers
Mike, I looked back at Charlie's ad for the rotisserie you bought. Looks like a great deal! Well I guess we are going to call the puppy "Buddy". Ahh, not to original but I always would call my other dogs "Buddy" or "Bud" instead of their name sometimes so I think I will like it.
Greg - That story sounds familiar. I think I call Monty, Bubba, more than I call him by his name. I'm sure Buddy will love his name, mainly because he has loving owners who'll take great care of him!
Old November 1st, 2021, 07:35 PM
Always room for one more

Originally Posted by Greg Rogers
Well I guess we are going to call the puppy "Buddy". Ahh, not to original but I always would call my other dogs "Buddy" or "Bud" instead of their name sometimes so I think I will like it.
I think Buddy will be a fine name. I think more times than not I call Tiger, bub.

This reminds me of a Garfield cartoon. John goes to his friend's house, who just got a new cat. John says, what are you going to name him? The friend says "cat." John says, why don't you give him a name? The friend says, what's the point of naming something that isn't going to come when you call it.

Been sorting clothes all evening. Whenever I'd come across a shirt or some pants that I couldn't wear anymore I'd toss it in a pile in the spare bedroom. Now I have to box them all up to take out of here. Not sure what to do with them. I don't want to take them to the Salvation Army or Goodwill. I'd hate to be out somewhere and see some gross person wearing my clothes. Years ago I had some Oldsmobile shirts that I outgrew. I gave them to Sandy. She'd post pictures of her car shows and she'd be wearing one of the shirts. She was not gross.

Don't plan on staying up late tonight, because I want to get up early for the Awful house tomorrow. Plus I have plenty more to do. I don't want to leave Tiger by himself again tomorrow, so I might take him over to the house with me. It's unlawful now to put your dog on a chain in the yard, I might do it anyway, as long as I'm going to be out there with him. Or I'll do stuff around here. Got plenty.

Okay have a good night everyone.

Old November 1st, 2021, 08:06 PM
Running On Empty

Originally Posted by slantflat
I don't want to take them to the Salvation Army or Goodwill. I'd hate to be out somewhere and see some gross person wearing my clothes.
It's unlawful now to put your dog on a chain in the yard, I might do it anyway, as long as I'm going to be out there with him. Or I'll do stuff around here. Got plenty.
Mike - The entire point of giving to the needy & less fortunate is to "provide" items they can use at a reasonable price or free. So what if they're gross, they aren't yours any longer, someone less fortunate than yourself has benefited from your thoughtfulness (or not). Take them to St. Vincent's, Goodwill, Salvation Army, a homeless shelter or otherwise. I suppose you could just as well burn them.

It's unlawful to chain a dog in the yard here in NC, as well. These laws are plain B.S. for true caring, nurturing dog owners. They're laws to protect dogs from abuse by owners who are truly abusive to animals. I kind of think of it like the signs in the county, state parks stating it is unlawful to consume alcoholic beverages on site. You see many LEO personnel never write citations for normal, respectful people who handle themselves properly. Yet, for those who abuse alcohol in these areas, they provide the opportunity for LEO agencies to site them and throw them out of the park for unruly behavior.
Old November 2nd, 2021, 01:13 AM

Mike, This may come as a shock but I'm gonna have ta agree with Norm

Give the old clothes to someplace that can help others

My Ex wouldn't give away her old clothes because " They wouldn't clean them"

And I know ya don't want to be placed in the same category as "Madame Nu"
Old November 2nd, 2021, 02:06 AM
GCH

Glenn I'd love to go over there and see what that part of the world looks like. My Mom's family is all Swedish. None of them have ever been over there.
Glenn - The furthest North I have been in Europe is Leeds, UK - at least regarding the British Isles. The furthest North I have been on the mainland of Europe is Bremen, Germany. I have spent some nice times in Northern Germany & in the Mountains of Austria. I have never been to either Norway or Sweden - I believe they would be lovely places to visit.

When I was younger (in the 1960s) my Mother received via subscription this pamphlet/booklet of Readers Digest. I believe she received it every month. I once read this story in Readers Digest (I guess I was ~12 or 13 yrs old) about a family who lived in Russia. They hated Russia and they escaped. Of course, at such a young age I wasn't keenly aware of Russia. None-the-less, the short story was about this family who walked all the way across Finland in the autumn/fall and when they arrived in Sweden it was winter. They walked through what I recall was water-logged, sphagnum peat moss bogs for days on end - probably several weeks, I don't recall. They pitched bivouac make-shift shelters on short trees and limbs above the bogs to stay dry while they slept at night. Quite the hard to imagine adventure - they left with nothing more than what was on their backs to escape.
Thanks for sharing , it must had been a very hard time to escape Russia and walk all the way in autumn and winter.
Mike , do you know where i Sweden your moms family coming from ? I wish i could visit the US and se the great canyon and
much much more , would also be nice to visit DVAP and car shows walk around and se all nice cars. There are so much to se
in your country. I think it´s a little hard to understand for us how large country US are , we are not used to these distances .
I have saved the coin in the picture for about 55 years now , the story is that in the mid 60,ties one of my uncles visit us with a
relative from Fertile , Minnesota. I was around 6 years old at time and ran to meet them , on the way i fell and hit a rock with my
leg and Catherine gave me this silverdollar to comfort me. We had several in our family that traveled to US so i think there will
be some relatives in US . I have some old letters sent from Catherine , they are written in norwegian but should not be any
problem , both me and my wife had one of our parents from Norway.

It,s intresting with old history and a visit to Vemork in Rjukan Norway would be intresting , one of my uncles worked with
the norwegian resistance under wwII and he transported a out smuggled test example of the "heavy water"
from the norwegian border to the British ambassy in Stockholm for inspection when Hitler was thinking to use this making a
atomic bomb. Later a group destroyed the heavy water in the powerplant and also the ferry with barrels on board.

Old November 2nd, 2021, 02:43 AM

Glenn, When I was in Europe, my Dutch friends couldn't believe I drove from the Netherlands all the way to Normandy in a day

Americans don't think anything about driving hundreds of miles in a day

BTW

If you cut Alaska in half Texas would be the 3rd largest state
Save the Peace dollar it's the real McCoy
Old November 2nd, 2021, 03:59 AM
Running On Empty

Mike - James agreed w/ me? That's weird.
Glenn - Very interesting story regarding the production of Deuterium, I did not know this.
Off to see the dental hygienist to clean the pearly whites this morning.
Old November 2nd, 2021, 04:09 AM

Norm,

Be nice to the cute lady in the dentist office She may give ya some.........................................free toothpaste
Old November 2nd, 2021, 04:38 AM

Mike, when we moved you wouldn't believe all the stuff we took to Goodwill, St. Vincent DePaul's, etc. I looked at it this way, I would have to pay to throw it away so it's a great deal when you can get rid of it for free! And of course, if someone else can use it, all the better! Speaking of that , I had a mattress that I took to the dump. EIGHTEEN DOLLARS!! to dump it!! No wonder there are so many of them and old furniture dumped out in the woods... If you make minimum wage and are just getting by, had $20.00 that needs to last the week, and you need gas in your car and something to eat are you going to spend $18. to properly dispose of some junk?? No. OK back to the old clothes... I also had a bunch of old tee shirts from events. They make good rags over in your shop! Ahhh jockey shorts not so much... My wife makes quilts and gets sports events Tee Shirts from the grandkids and makes them a panel type quilt using the front of the tee's. The left over part I use for rags.
-- Yesterday gave Buddy his first bath, He's not a fan of it but does OK. Potty training is going great with #1, #2 is still a issue, it's only been 2 days, He's smart and will get it.
--Hey guys, any of you had to get a rebuilt transmission for your daily? 10 Impala is acting funny.. I'm going to ask question of the group under transmissions.
Old November 2nd, 2021, 04:40 AM

Greg, Just a thought, It 'could be " the catalytic converter
Old November 2nd, 2021, 05:31 AM

Good morning guys,

Mike - Sorry, I'm with the other guys, be generous and considerate of others less fortunate than yourself and give them away to folks who'll use them.

Greg, continued luck with Buddy's training, you're right, he'll get it!

Very chilly at 35° at 0700, and the morning lows are supposed to continue to drop through Thursday with a low of 25° forecast. It's still supposed to get up to 50° for a high today and then mid-40's the next 2-days. That's too cold for this time of year here.

The guy that was supposed to close up my sprinkler system yesterday never made it. He messaged my neighbor across the street (does his system too), and told him they were behind schedule and would definitely be here this morning to do ours. Guess we'll see???

Finished up cleaning and winterizing the 4-4-2 yesterday, including a full tank of treated gas. I don't pull the battery, I have it on a tender. There are definitely two camps on this next point. I am in the camp of starting my stored vehicles up every 2 or 3-weeks, pulling them out into the driveway and letting them get up to full operating temperature, and running the motor for a minute or two at 2K to 2.5K rpm's to burn/blow moisture out of the exhaust system. JMO, but as long as you get them up to operating temperature and let it run there for a few minutes, and get the moisture blown out, my opinion is it's good for it, getting some fresh oil in the top end of the motor, and moving some treated gas through the fuel system.

Today I'll try to get started on getting the bikes squared away. I'm just glad they don't take as long.

Hope everyone has a great day!
Old November 2nd, 2021, 07:34 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Well, this isn't the first time I've been an army of one. Besides looking like a scrooge, I will say that the majority of people around here choose to be needy. They are bums who would rather steal and do drugs and such than to be a productive member of society. They count on handouts and freebies and the goodwill type places to get by without effort. Call it a character flaw but I'm not taking my stuff so they can get one over on me. The flip side to that is I have to cart around boxes of old clothes. I can live with that.

Very pretty out today but chilly. I think it will warm up. Still haven't come up with a plan for today but I have plenty to do wherever I end up. No laundry, no errands, I'm free as a bird. If I go over to the house and work inside Tiger can go with me.

Glenn I don't know what part of Sweden the family is from. There was, and may still be, a large Swedish population in Central Illinois, which is where my family ended up. My great grandparents then moved to Cambridge, which is close to Moline where I'm from. I'd love to go see all of Europe but I'm not going by myself.

Chris I don't think it really matters whether or not you start the car periodically during the winter. But the good thing about doing that is you get to spend time with your car. That can't be bad.

Well, I better do something. It's Tuesday, and before I know it I'll be back at work. Things gotta count. Have a great day everyone.

Old November 2nd, 2021, 07:46 AM
Jeff

Mike, c'mon. Most people don't choose to be poor / needy. Decluttering your life of things you don't use or need is therapeutic!
Old November 2nd, 2021, 09:00 AM

Chris, I always start ,get to tmep and drive a little [even back and forth in the garage to keep the seals in order
Old November 2nd, 2021, 09:17 AM
GCH

Glenn - Very interesting story regarding the production of Deuterium, I did not know this.
Ok there are a lot of storys about this , but it,s nice motorcycle roads there and not far from were we live.

Glenn I don't know what part of Sweden the family is from. There was, and may still be, a large Swedish population in Central Illinois, which is where my family ended up. My great grandparents then moved to Cambridge, which is close to Moline where I'm from. I'd love to go see all of Europe but I'm not going by myself.

Chris I don't think it really matters whether or not you start the car periodically during the winter. But the good thing about doing that is you get to spend time with your car. That can't be bad.
Thanks for info about Illinois Mike , the info i remember is Minnesota but should se if i can find an adress in the letters from Fertile.

Chris, I always start ,get to tmep and drive a little [even back and forth in the garage to keep the seals in order
Use to start up the cars sometimes under the winter season and let them get warm , have connected hose to the exhaust pipe so
the exhaust goes outside the garage. And yes Mike , can´t be bad spending a little time with the car
Old November 2nd, 2021, 09:27 AM
Running On Empty

Spectrum technician arrived this morning after polishing of my pearly whites. He did a fantastic job. The service provided by Spectrum has grown by leaps & bounds in the past two years. Absolutely fantastic for this experience from initialization of the service request through the entire follow-up. Wow have they changed. Just sharing my experience from my POV.

Old November 2nd, 2021, 09:29 AM

James - I agree, we have quite a few days in our mild winters where our driveway is clear, with no salt, and I can pull it out and move it back and forth in the driveway.
Old November 2nd, 2021, 10:28 AM
Always room for one more

Chris, fact, if you're in the street and do a burnout, salt won't stick to the car. Something to do with all the smoke.

Jeff I could have put that differently. These people don't choose to be needy, they choose to be a burden on society. Every place in town is hiring and some will still look for a handout instead. The fact that some of them are gross just adds to it. If I want home therapy I go chop wood.

Norm I found Spectrum to be an awful company so I got rid of my internet and cable all together. Saved 245 bucks a month in the process. Glad you are having good experiences with them. Must have been a local thing.

My Mom has been having phone trouble. Actually, I've been having the trouble. Lately when I call it goes straight to voicemail. Turns out the phone inadvertently switched my number to block. She can't figure out how to unblock it. My sister is going to try to help her this afternoon. I guess whenever I want to talk to her I need to call someone else and have them call her and tell her to call me. Sheesh.

Okay lunch is over. Back to work.

Old November 2nd, 2021, 10:41 AM
Running On Empty

Mike - We spoke about Spectrum at length on the phone a couple months ago. Worst company I've ever dealt with, outside of Time Warner cable which Spectrum purchased. I too ditched their cable T.V. - absolutely the rock bottom pits - glad the cable T.V. is gone. I think I probably still hate that company (Rectum), but the service this time around was stellar. Most likely a local thing, but for me out in the boonies I was pleasantly surprised.

Sheesh is right about your Mom's phone. Stuff like this used to happen to my Mom on a regular basis, mostly on her computer, but occasionally on her phone.
Old November 2nd, 2021, 02:14 PM

Greg, any snow last night? I usually wash old clothes before donating them to Goodwill. Glen, a 1922 "Peace Dollar" I have the one in the same year. When I had my first husky, I built a pen for her, with a dog house, but i also walked her, or took her to the beach on a regular basis, and played ball (fetch) in the yard.. When I had husky number two (after I bought my first house), I had him on a swivel cable and dog house. Took him for 2 mile walks, 2-3 times a week, and trips to the beach, plus I played ball with him in the fenced in yard when I got home from work. Chris, when I had my '71 Supreme, it went into storage with fuel additive, and it wasn't started until the following spring. If you run your car after adding the additive, it will be in your lines after you shut it off, and your cylinder walls will be coated with oil. But if you have concerns about the oil, then pull your spark plugs, squirt a tablespoon of oil into each cylinder, and crank it with the coil wire off. that will give them a very good coating of oil, just a little smoke when you first fire it up next spring.
Old November 2nd, 2021, 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by 1969w3155
Chris, when I had my '71 Supreme, it went into storage with fuel additive, and it wasn't started until the following spring. If you run your car after adding the additive, it will be in your lines after you shut it off, and your cylinder walls will be coated with oil. But if you have concerns about the oil, then pull your spark plugs, squirt a tablespoon of oil into each cylinder, and crank it with the coil wire off. that will give them a very good coating of oil, just a little smoke when you first fire it up next spring.
Dan - Maybe we are talking about 2 different types of fuel additives? I'm not following what you're saying in this sentence, "If you run your car after adding the additive, it will be in your lines after you shut it off, and your cylinder walls will be coated with oil." The fuel additive that I'm using, STA-BIL 360° Protection, is designed to stabilize unleaded gas for storage, eliminate the harmful effects of ethanol, and clean your carburetor or fuel injection system. I run it constantly (added every fill up) in my 4-4-2 and both my motorcycles. Never had a carburetor or fuel injection issue yet. I swear by it.

Old November 2nd, 2021, 03:37 PM

Chris, sorry. I should have separated the fuel/oil statements. The gas in your tank will be good because of the Sta Bil, as will the fuel in the lines, so no need to run the engine to ensure that it always has it during storage. Your cylinders will be coated by the oil just by running/driving it one last time before storage. And yep, the Sta-bil is good stuff, used it myself.
Old November 2nd, 2021, 03:39 PM

I see that the K.C. Chiefs are having a mediocre season. I think that I know what the problem is:
Old November 2nd, 2021, 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by 1969w3155
Chris, sorry. I should have separated the fuel/oil statements. The gas in your tank will be good because of the Sta Bil, as will the fuel in the lines, so no need to run the engine to ensure that it always has it during storage. Your cylinders will be coated by the oil just by running/driving it one last time before storage. And yep, the Sta-bil is good stuff, used it myself.
Dan - Now what you said makes perfect sense. I still like starting mine up every 2 or 3-weeks though. Mainly because of what James brought up, I move it around in the driveway, getting the fluids moving in the tranny and rear-end, hopefully lubricating those seals some, at least that's what I'm hoping for. Plus, like I said before, I like to drive any built up moisture out of the exhaust.
Old November 2nd, 2021, 04:50 PM
Running On Empty

Dan - Time for KC to upgrade their playbook. Those plays have been around since 1955. The only change has been the colors of the playbook.
Old November 2nd, 2021, 06:23 PM

Mike, While cleaning out the tractor shed [prior to illegal expansion] I found 1 and 1/2 side rails for the trailer. Come and get them. I'm pretty sure I have some extra carriage bolts/nuts/washers to make the 1/2 side a whole side
Old November 2nd, 2021, 06:57 PM

Good evening guys,

Dan - Albion College, where I played, who is 7-1, is playing at Hope College, who is also 7-1, on Saturday at Hope. The winner will take the MIAA championship, and most probably receive a bid to the NCAA DIV3 Playoffs.

The sprinkler guy came this morning and put them to sleep for the winter, just in time with forecasted lows of 29 tomorrow and 25 Thursday.

I cleaned, waxed, and winterized the Indian today. Decided I would leave the Yamaha for now, as it's supposed to get near 70 on Sunday and Monday. I'm going to see if anyone wants to get out and see the Fall colors. I might even be able to get my wife to get out for a ride. The colors should be peaking over the coming weekend after a couple of frosts the next couple of days.

I also did some maintenance on my garage doors. They were getting a little noisy when it would engage to lift. I just went around and snugged up all the bracing and connecting hardware and adjusted the drive chain tension and it solved the excess noise on both doors.

Hope everyone had a great day!
Old November 3rd, 2021, 01:23 AM

Well, The Illegal [not permitted] expansion of the ole tractor shed has begun

The original shed was added on to an existing garden shed in 1976 to store implements and 'Stuff'

The 1st thing was to clean out 'crap" [ tomato cages tillers, log splitters extra metal and wooden post , assorted old lumber empty oil and antifreeze containers] Although I've given everyone I know tomato cages, I still have around 50 left. They were made from concrete reinforcing wire . I just piled them up on a concrete pad that used to be a dog kennel

Step 2 reinforce broken rafters and nail down loose tin

step 3 mark new post locations and swap hunting rights with step son to come dig post holes

step 4 Headed to Casa de pot to purchase new post, rafters and concrete

The plan de jour is to set post today and install new plates to lay new rafters on and to brace the new post with new rafters

I believe I've mentioned previously, a year ago, I put new standing seam metal roofing on 2 out buildings at the lake, Naturally I saved the old tin [cause I'm cheap]

I put my handy dandy bed extender on my truck so I could carry the 14" post and 16' rafters, This weekend I'll haul some used tin back from the lake for the tractor shed roof. All that will be left is to order some metal siding

It's not going to be the Taj Mahal but it will serve it's purpose without having to deal with the idiotic city's "Architectural approval Board"

stay tuned
Old November 3rd, 2021, 03:12 AM

Chris, I've played golf a few times with a guy that played college football up east [maybe Boston] When he moved down here a mutual friend took him to a game in Sanford stadium

His classic quote," I thought I knew something about football until I saw an SEC game"

woof woof

I really do know people [ not me] who haven't missed a game in 40+ years and go to all the away games in a bus with the same bus driver

Some people love their gladiators
Old November 3rd, 2021, 04:05 AM
Running On Empty

James - There was a small tractor shed attached to the back of the detached garage when I purchased my house. It most likely was added on sometime pre-1950. It wasn't well constructed, but it remained serviceable until the day came when I decided to erect my current man-cave so the old tractor shed had to go.
Old November 3rd, 2021, 04:26 AM

Norm
Consider yourself lucky you don't have the city building ***** My garden shed came with the house, I added the tractor shed in 1976

I wanted to tear down the old shed and start new with a nice metal building but I've just grown weary dealing with city idiots. Although every barn shed garage on my property is cover with metal siding, The city wanted the new metal building I was planning to erect to match the siding on my house

Logic has nothing to do with it

I may be swapping deck chairs on the Titanic but I'm trying to get cars/equipment into more reasonable locations

My property has 2 drives. 1 to the house /garage/ garage office [above] and another to the field/cemetery/tractor shed

Now I have mowers/gators etc in the 3 car garage and one 1 tractor in the shed. So, I am constantly going out house drive to get to field drive. I'm moving all the mowers, gator, etc into the new shed so I can have some room to park my DD in the garage

When it get light maybe pics will help to explain

When I was on the property management committee at 1st Presbyterian Church, we would have named it a "space utilization plan" I'm just gonna call it relocation of my junk
Old November 3rd, 2021, 05:12 AM

Dan,yep there was a little white stuff the other morn, nothing that will stay,. not ready for it yet oh well.
Old November 3rd, 2021, 05:18 AM

James - Sounds like you've got a plan and are working it for the extra space. I hope it all goes smoothly, and makes utilizing your vehicles and equipment easier. You can never have enough space can you. Norm's got a great set-up with his man cave building, I'd love to have that!

Yep, SEC football is the big time, and folks in the South are just as fanatical about it as folks in the Midwest are about Big 10 football. I've been to several U of M games with +105K fans in the stadium. Quite the spectacle, they do love their gladiators! I was recruited by a couple of DIV 2 schools, but if I had went to one of them it would have been doubtful that I would have ever broken into the starting line-up. Even at a DIV 3 school I didn't get much playing time until my Junior season. At the DIV 3 level, kids are still playing for the love of the game, no big scholarships, no money on the sly. Looking back, one of the most fun times of my life! I got to take my girls back there in 2005 when I was inducted into their Football Hall of Fame, just wish my Dad had still been alive to go.

"Back in the Day" #48
Old November 3rd, 2021, 06:58 AM

I popped the cherry on my bed extension. Works great