The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old March 10th, 2021, 05:32 PM
Always room for one more

Good Grief! Decided instead of going out and enjoying the beautiful day, I'd run a load of laundry and babysit the machine. It's been draining slowly and throwing codes and not acting right, so I thought if I could catch it in the act I'd be able to figure it out. Long story short, one load took 4.5 hours. Went online for a little research, found a hidden strainer that the youtube guy said gets clogged with $hit. I figured, there's my problem, ten years of dog hair stuffed in there. It never would finish its cycle so I waited until it drained as much as it would and unplugged it, took the panel off and took the strainer out. Wasn't dog hair, it was a damn sock! How it got out of the tub and into the drain I have no clue, but there it was. Got it put all back together, and like every other time it threw a code and I reset it, it started over. So it ran at least 3 full cycles and parts of other ones. The clothes will either be as clean as can be or shredded. Now to wait on the dryer until I can go to bed. Sheesh.

Norm, I wouldn't throw the breaker until everything is copasetic, but what do you suppose would happen if those heating elements were fired up with no water inside the tank? Probably cook the liner. Queue the Mythbusters.

Chris, you oughta short your payment a few dollars and tell them it just worked out that way. I bet they are quick to correct you. You know what that reminds me of? Many years ago the City of Joliet(could have been the State of Illinois) wanted the I-80 bridge over the Des Plaines River repaved. The company that did it took a long time and when they were done it was like you were on a roller coaster going over it. When questioned, they said, well, that's just how it turned out. Their paycheck was short a large amount, and the [whoever was paying] said gee, that's just how it turned out. The paving company had to redo the job then they got the rest of the original amount. It was pretty smooth, though.

Two more to go. Then another week in inspection. Found out we're getting two more mechanics in the department. When we'll see them, nobody knows. Guess I'd be inspecting this week anyway, with the dumb guy not showing up.

Okay gonna go relax a minute until the dryer is done, then hit the sack. Beautiful evening out. Time changes next week. Cool. Have a good night everyone.

Old March 10th, 2021, 05:34 PM
Running On Empty

Originally Posted by slantflat
Norm, I wouldn't throw the breaker until everything is copasetic, but what do you suppose would happen if those heating elements were fired up with no water inside the tank? Probably cook the liner. Queue the Mythbusters.
You'll burn-out the elements - the liner would be fine.
Old March 11th, 2021, 06:23 AM
Jeff

Originally Posted by Vintage Chief
You'll burn-out the elements - the liner would be fine.
CAN CONFIRM. I have an electric water heater at my cottage, and first year of ownership, I flipped on the breaker for the water pump and water heater at the same time (since we turn those off when we aren't there). I had let enough water drain out of the system (and thus, the hot water tank) before leaving the cottage a couple of weeks prior, and there was not enough water at the top of the tank to cover the element. Sucker burned out before the tank refilled. I now have two backups in case it happens again.

Also, Mike... regarding your washing machine problem. If it is still throwing codes, and taking forever to drain, it's time for a new pump. I went thru this myself last year, originally thought that a certain type of detergent was clogging the pump. Nope, the impeller in the pump had come loose and wasn't pumping the water out. Pretty easy to replace.
Old March 11th, 2021, 12:48 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Another day just like yesterday at work, but today I didn't see the bad lead trying to hold us down, despite the fact that my lead wasn't there. He will be off tomorrow so I guess he was thinking more about that, who knows. I was home by noon and had lunch with Tiger. Always a treat.

What an excellent day out. Sunny and warm. I'm gonna run a quick errand and then scratch around outside a little bit.

Jeff the washing machine is fine now. But since it ran a few cycles with the drain clogged I fully expect the pump to fail in the not so distant future. Hopefully I'll be out of this place and that machine left behind by then. I already planned to not take it with me. It eats the hems of my Tshirts. Grabs a bite and then tears them. Doesn't happen to socks or underwear or pants, just Tshirts. Probably trying to force it down the drain. Sometimes I can get my Mom to mend the problem, but other times it yanks it apart. It's one of those front loaders, wouldn't get another one.

Okay good afternoon to you all. One more to go. And remember, reckless driving doesn't determine who's right, only who's left. (hehe I love that line)

Old March 11th, 2021, 01:44 PM
Running On Empty

Mike - You like catchy phrases?
Change the first letter from “W” to “T” to answer each question.
Where?
When?
What?
Old March 11th, 2021, 02:32 PM

Mike - You like catchy phrases?
Where?
When?
What?
Norm - That's a nifty one!
Old March 11th, 2021, 06:16 PM
Always room for one more

Okay Norm I don't get it.

Enjoyed a lovely afternoon cursing at my car. It's been on jackstands for months, I've been trying to replace trans mounts. Finally got the second one in, but the one bolt is up against the back floor and almost inaccessible. I thought about cutting a hold in the floor, but when they need replacing in another 55 years, I'll let someone else do it. This is a major battle won, though.

So I thought after all these years of watching MASH, I should really see the original movie. Haven't ever seen it. Well lucky for me it was included in the big box set I just got. And I gotta tell you, it pretty much sucked. Perhaps I'm just not getting the gist of it. After all, I was 2 when it was filmed. Now, the series I could watch all day. Maybe if I had seen the movie first I would have liked it better. Who knows.

Well the weekend is upon us. I'm expecting a stellar day tomorrow and a rather early out at work, so I can get ready and catch a plane to Daytona. Actually I'd prefer driving, but having just made that trip, and one to the panhandle, I think I'm drived out. The airport sucks, but the trip is 40 minutes instead of 7 hours. How can you beat it.

Okay have a good night everyone.

Old March 11th, 2021, 06:29 PM
Running On Empty

Okay Norm I don't get it.
Mike, you don't get what? That
Or, you don't get when? Then
Or, you don't get where? There

So I thought after all these years of watching MASH, I should really see the original movie. Haven't ever seen it. Well lucky for me it was included in the big box set I just got. And I gotta tell you, it pretty much sucked. Perhaps I'm just not getting the gist of it. After all, I was 2 when it was filmed. Now, the series I could watch all day. Maybe if I had seen the movie first I would have liked it better. Who knows.
I graduated from H.S. (May, 1970) @ 17 y.o. The same year I was drafted. I think I saw M.A.S.H. at the Drive-In Picture Show probably three times during the first two months of its release in January/February 1970. Loved it immensely.
Old March 11th, 2021, 06:35 PM
Running On Empty

Mike - Here is another for you. It's called an ambigram. Reads the same upside down.

Old March 12th, 2021, 02:06 AM

Mike, Those missing socks re appear as plastic lids that don't fit anything

Headed norte

Have a great weekend Olds friends
Old March 12th, 2021, 03:56 AM

Mike, I remember sneaking into the drive in theater after they quit selling tickets,(cuz it was late in the evening) when I was about 16 and saw the Mash movie. Yeah it sucked, course I was drunk. I still remember the original theme song that they used also on the series- minus the words-only the tune, "suicide is painless, it brings on many changes, and I can take or leave it as I please...." What a downer....
Old March 12th, 2021, 05:57 AM

Good morning guys,
Overcast and cool at 47 right now, with rain forecast throughout the day. It stormed on and off all day yesterday with high winds, lightning, heavy rain, and hail. We have additional rain forecast everyday through Monday and we are under a flash flood warning.

No big plans for today, or in the near future, except watching the rain fall. Sounds like a few good days in a row to sit back and watch some of the Big10 basketball tournament.

Hope everyone has a great day!
Old March 12th, 2021, 08:28 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Well I wouldn't have guessed this one. I was done by quarter to 9 and out the door. Went to the Awful house and missed my friends by ten minutes because I was stuck in accident traffic on the expressway. Had a good time mocking the new servers, though. Actually the person trying to train them. She was rather frustrated.

Norm I understood what you were saying, what does it mean? You could have put any three words up there. I thought maybe there was a trick built into it.

What a beautiful day. Sunny and high almost 80. I'm gonna hurry and get ready and head to the airport. I'll drop Tiger at the kennel on the way. I saw this morning my flight has a whole bunch of HKs listed. They are the people who have been disrupted, meaning they have a confirmed seat, just not a seat assignment. They ruin everything. Hope I don't have trouble getting on the plane. We'll see.

Okay have a good weekend everyone. See you's on Sunday.

Old March 12th, 2021, 11:24 AM
Running On Empty

Norm I understood what you were saying, what does it mean? You could have put any three words up there. I thought maybe there was a trick built into it.
Mike - I don't believe you understand. Show me any other three words I could have put up there. I don't believe you're following.

Where?
When?
What?
Old March 13th, 2021, 05:48 AM

Crepes with raspberries. Sorry I ate them before I could take a picture
Old March 13th, 2021, 06:00 AM

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
Crepes with raspberries. Sorry I ate them before I could take a picture
James - Man those sound really tasty! My wife's been shopping online the last couple of days for a double Belgian waffle maker, I'm not sure if she found one she likes yet. I love pancakes and waffles. My favorite is blueberry pancakes with hot blueberry compote and a mound of whipped cream.
Old March 13th, 2021, 07:02 AM

I'll try to take some pictures tomorrow
Old March 13th, 2021, 01:40 PM

My favorite is blueberry pancakes with hot blueberry compote and a mound of whipped cream
. Well, I came close. Made waffles w/blueberry compote and topped with whipped cream.
Old March 13th, 2021, 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by 1969w3155
. Well, I came close. Made waffles w/blueberry compote and topped with whipped cream.
Pretty much the same, I'd take either one every day of the week. Well done Dan!!!
Old March 14th, 2021, 05:11 AM

Where is everyone?

Primer..

see if this works.
Old March 14th, 2021, 05:17 AM

Ok, those pics did send. This new lap top doesnt have a reader for the chip out of my digital camera so I am attempting to get pics off camera with a cable. Kinda a PIA! Well I got the parts back from sandblasting and got the bare metal covered with 2K primer.
Old March 14th, 2021, 05:39 AM
Running On Empty

Greg - Looking nice. The Ford truck have a wood or metal box bed? No Bluetooth or WiFi on the digital camera I guess?
Old March 14th, 2021, 06:58 AM

Originally Posted by Greg Rogers
Well I got the parts back from sandblasting and got the bare metal covered with 2K primer.
Greg - Great to see you're still moving forward! Primer looks great. Can you remind me what year your truck is, I have a 56 stuck in my brain, but I'm not sure? Thanks for the update!
Old March 14th, 2021, 07:08 AM

Yeah, it's a 56 well mostly, it has a wooden box floor. It feels good to be back on it again. Thanks for the encouragement.
Old March 14th, 2021, 07:32 AM

Good morning guys,
Cool at 48 and light right rain right now. Suppossed to rain on and off throughout the day. Since my wife's the carpenter, I've asked her if she'll head to her shop and start the Ark. I believe she has enough wood down there to finish one.

No big plans for today. I've resisted the urges to bombard you guys with pics of the new granddaughter as I've received them. However, yesterday I got my hands on a pic of my daughter when she was 2-days old, side by side with the new granddaughter. Genetics are a crazy thing, if it wasn't for the different clothing, I don't know that I could tell them apart!

Daughter on the left, new granddaughter on the right, both at 2-days old

Hope everyone has a great day!
Old March 14th, 2021, 08:26 AM

You guys inspired me to add whip cream [ and a little chocolate

Old March 14th, 2021, 08:55 AM

You guys inspired me to add whip cream
Sweet, figuratively and literally!
Old March 14th, 2021, 11:02 AM

Talking

whip cream

Old March 14th, 2021, 11:32 AM
Running On Empty

It's been a near daily routine of cleaning, new parts, adjustments, tightening, the interior of each door. During this same time period I sanded & repainted each door armrest base, backing plates, new NOS escutcheons & redyed the carpet on each door panel. I could go on, but what's the bother, anyone who's been inside a door after 50 years knows the time it takes to get this stuff done correctly. Very happy it's done. The door panel carpet & the interior carpet were the same color as in the floor mats (picture). I replaced the carpeting last winter. Glad this is all done.

Old March 14th, 2021, 11:36 AM

It's been a near daily routine of cleaning, new parts, adjustments, tightening, the interior of each door. During this same time period I sanded & repainted each door armrest base, backing plates, new NOS escutcheons & redyed the carpet on each door panel. I could go on, but what's the bother, anyone who's been inside a door after 50 years knows the time it takes to get this stuff done correctly. Very happy it's done. The door panel carpet & the interior carpet were the same color as in the floor mats (picture). I replaced the carpeting last winter. Glad this is all done.
Norm - The doors look really sharp, you do great work!
Old March 14th, 2021, 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by Fun71
Not whipped cream, but Cool Whip
Old March 14th, 2021, 11:51 AM
Running On Empty

Chris - Thanks!
Old March 14th, 2021, 12:23 PM

Chris, Cute pics. De apple don't fall far from the tree

Norm, Nice work

Soooooooooooooo, I took the new pup to Tractor Supply for shots BIG mistake but the Super Model said it was alot cheaper. Got there 1/2 early [when the vet were spose to show up for 1 1n1/2 hours] I asked the sales person if I needed to check in. They said, No, Just star a line in the far left corner of the store. So I did and waited. About 1:00 this kid in scrubs [that I know I have 3 pairs of boots older than she] says "Have you checked in?" " No" I said, so she wants me to scan the image which doesn't work so her boss tries and still doesn't work So her boss says> We're going to have to manually check you in and you will loose your place in line. Sorry"

So I don't say squat just do an about face and leave
Old March 14th, 2021, 12:35 PM

So I don't say squat just do an about face and leave
WTH - It's a wonder how places even stay in business these days! I guess the only reason they are is they all have equally poor service. James, you have much better self control than I do, I applaud you for that!
Old March 14th, 2021, 01:11 PM
Running On Empty

Up until my last dog (Black Lab) ~19 yrs ago, I bought my own Parvo & Rabies vaccines and administered both each year. There is no place that sells them any longer? Everyone has to go to a vet? Such BS!!!
Old March 14th, 2021, 01:28 PM

I forgot to add, I left $200 worth of stuff I was gonna purchase on a shelf for someone to restock. Cause ain't going back
Old March 14th, 2021, 01:34 PM

I forgot to add, I left $200 worth of stuff I was gonna purchase on a shelf for someone to restock. Cause ain't going back
Don't blame ya a lick! That's the least they had coming.
Old March 15th, 2021, 06:18 AM

Marinated sum London Broil fer a few days yummy dinner

Off to go smack whitey around before the monsoons hit

Old March 15th, 2021, 08:15 AM

Marinated sum London Broil fer a few days yummy dinner

Off to go smack whitey around before the monsoons hit
Looks tasty James, just the way I like it, pink and juicy in the middle!
Old March 15th, 2021, 09:25 AM

That London Broil looks damn fine Jamesbo. I'm scheduled for my first covid shot tomorrow, through the health dept. @ one of the local hospitals. Had to call the other four places that I was registered to be removed from their lists.