The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old March 2nd, 2021, 04:30 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Well Help Me Rhonda! What a long trip home today. I wanted to go by that house I wanted to buy that burned down, and the GPS took me every direction. Then instead of retracing my route back to the interstate, I decided to follow the GPS and it again took me on a wild goose chase throughout the countryside. I'm not familiar with what's down that direction. It is the kind of place where the single thin line of smoke curls up from behind the trees, and sometimes people venture back there and are never heard from again. I eventually saw something I recognized and turned the damn thing off and found my own way home.

We had a really nice visit at Mom's these last 4+ days. Tiger is glad to be home and so am I. The guest bedroom isn't the most comfortable and having little children underfoot gets to be rather annoying to me. You'd think their parents would keep them for a couple days when there's a strange man and a dog in the house but nope, why would they care if Uncle Mike is annoyed?

I'm beat like a rented mule, and I wasn't really going to contribute this evening, but Jamesbo made me giggle so I thought what the heck. I'm going a little silver on the sides but still pretty much blonde, with some receding going on. What really makes me mad is my beard used to come in a cool reddish color, now it comes in white. The rest of my fur is brown but is starting to be grey. Now THAT makes me mad. Hm, that may have been TMI.

My Dad had black hair at the beginning of high school and silver hair, yes it was like chrome, by the end of high school with just a band of black at the bottom. He always said my Mom did that to him.

Decades ago I was a member of the OCA and the last Nationals I went to was 1987. A buddy of mine and I drove my rusty Cutlass 4 door from south side of Chicago to Lansing. We didn't know any better so the car did fine. We didn't get much out of it, the show was spread all over town and no one paid us any mind. Eh, we stayed over night and drove home. If it's going to be as close as Nashville I should go. Could be a Good Morning Thread meet and greet opportunity.

Dan that's an easy one. Your envelope got stuck in between the pages of someone's magazine or newspaper and wherever that went(seemingly Pennsylvania) is where your letter went. Nice of the gentleman to send it on to you.

Okay! I didn't know I had all that in me. Gonna do some more catching up then hit the sack. I still have one more day off before work, planning on the water heater tomorrow and maybe get the oil changed in the dogmobile.

Have a good evening everyone.

Old March 2nd, 2021, 09:41 PM

Funny about hair, which of course is inherited in us. My dad as i like to say had the Irish in him, his parents were German & Irish, but he, and a couple of his siblings got the red hair, as di one of my brothers and my sister. I figure that my hair came from my mom's side of the family. Even though her side is Scotch/Irish, no red heads. When I was in my 40's I had less hair than my dad, and a lot more grey. He was in his late 70's, and had a full head of hair, and just a touch of grey on his temple area. My brother, who is four years older than me, is the same way...the lucky dog.
Old March 3rd, 2021, 04:31 AM

Mike, I was try'in to find out what Sonny's signature sandwich was and I happened upon an article that said they now have rib sandwiches. Haven't had one on years The Auburn ave rib shack used to have them. And I had one at the Rattlesnake round up in Whigham

Ga once
Old March 3rd, 2021, 07:01 AM
Jeff

Originally Posted by slantflat
Hi everyone.

Well Help Me Rhonda! What a long trip home today. I wanted to go by that house I wanted to buy that burned down, and the GPS took me every direction. Then instead of retracing my route back to the interstate, I decided to follow the GPS and it again took me on a wild goose chase throughout the countryside. I'm not familiar with what's down that direction. It is the kind of place where the single thin line of smoke curls up from behind the trees, and sometimes people venture back there and are never heard from again. I eventually saw something I recognized and turned the damn thing off and found my own way home.
I have had similar experiences with the navigation apps. In 2019, I finally decided that I would treat myself to a new-to-me car. I was looking for a slightly used loaded Buick Lacrosse, since I wanted to keep my budget below $29k. I set up a saved search on cars.com with my specifics, and also set a search area, and would get notifications on cars that fit my criteria or specific cars for sale that I had saved if there was a price drop. Well, I came across a dealership that had 3 new 2017's still sitting on their lot, on the border of OH and PA (I live about 70 miles north of Detroit). One of the cars was loaded with everything that I wanted, but it was out of my price range until the dealer dropped it another $5k to $29k (for a $47.5k car). I jumped on it, and two days later was making the drive to the dealer in a town called East Liverpool, OH. Well, the dealership is actually easy to find, it's all e-way to e-way. WAZE app, however, decided to take me thru the foothills of the Appalachians. WTH... I was over 2 hours late for my appointment with the salesman after driving up, down, around, and thru all kinds of backwoods area. Now, I'm from a rural area, so it didn't faze me too much, but it was ridiculous that the app took us on a wild-azz adventure like that.

I also like to name my vehicles if something strikes me as an appropriate name. For example, my old gold/champagne colored Lesabre is named Goldie Hawnk. My white Enclave is Betty White. For my Lacrosse... well, there was this SNL sketch from the Mike Myers / Dana Carvey era of the show, titled "Lothar, of the Hill People." So, Lothar it is.
Old March 3rd, 2021, 01:55 PM

Good afternoon guys,
Unbelievably nice day here today, full sunshine and 72 at 1530!

Went to Sam's Club this morning and got a whole bunch of groceries. We don't go as often as we used to since we got a smaller deep freeze, which is good! A lot of what we got was a whole bunch of meat and other things like produce they won't ship. We shop for alot of the dry goods online and they ship for free. You all know the price of meat these days, especially beef, it was a high dollar trip. Still cheaper than eating out though, and as long as the wife doesn't mind cooking we're coming out ahead and eating better. We get takeout about 2 times a week, once on the day she cleans for the neighbors, and usually one day on the weekend.

Monty has his rabies/distemper vet appointment tomorrow afternoon. So we'll be running again tomorrow. We have to stay in the car still because of Covid protocol, which isn't much fun. He's good about going in alone with them as long as we walk him to the door.

I still have not found the motivation to start in on my car and motorcycle maintenance yet, mainly because of the other intrusions into our days. I am thinking of Saturday to do both the motorcycles, and possibly Sunday to work on the car. It's not supposed to be as nice those days as it is today, but still full sun and 60'ish.

Hope everyone had a great day and has a relaxing evening.
Old March 3rd, 2021, 01:55 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Beautiful day out and warm! Got the back door open and the furnace off, it's really nice out. The birds are singing and it reminds me of spring. That's coming up by the way.

After having to be up for whatever reason at my Mom's house all weekend(she does not believe in sleeping in) I decided I needed to sleep in. Tiger was beside himself, I just kept putting him off. Finally he jumped up on the bed and went to sleep. I didn't get up until almost 9am. It was wonderful. The joy didn't last long. I lollygagged around and started feeling run down. I had a couple errands to run, went and got my water heater, went to Walmart, got a couple Krystals for lunch(bad idea) and got home and could barely function. My friend came over to help with the water heater and said we need this and this, I said it will have to be another day. I got a list of what all I need and we'll do it some other time. The thing still functions, and my friend says it's not leaking enough to blow up just yet.

Jamesbo the sandwiches that Sonny's had were rib sandwich and Cuban. Mom had the rib sandwich and I had a Cuban. Both were excellent. There were a couple more I don't remember what they were. You can't go wrong with Sonnys.

Jeff worse than google maps on my phone was the Garmin hand held thing I had years ago. Now that sent me the wrong way all the time. Before GPS my friend and I were trying to get to the Nethercutt museum in Sylmar CA. We went online and copied down directions from Mapquest. There's a crappy neighborhood next to the museum and the directions had us, no kidding, turn and drive on every street in the neighborhood. We followed the directions because we thought it was so ridiculous and we were laughing like hyena's the whole time. By the way, we found the museum and took in the collection, also took a tour of San Sylmar which was a huge pipe organ, elegant dining rooms, and beautiful things for rich people. The Nethercutts were quite the couple. Well worth the trip if you're ever out there.

The blonde man shouts frantically into the phone. My wife is pregnant and her contractions are only two minutes apart! The doctor asks, is this her first child? The blonde man says, no this is her husband!

Have a good afternoon everyone.

Last edited by slantflat; March 3rd, 2021 at 01:57 PM.
Old March 3rd, 2021, 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by slantflat
Hi everyone.

The blonde man shouts frantically into the phone. My wife is pregnant and her contractions are only two minutes apart! The doctor asks, is this her first child? The blonde man says, no this is her husband!

Have a good afternoon everyone.
Mike - LoL, that's a good one! Hope you get feeling better.
Old March 3rd, 2021, 02:24 PM
Jeff

The irony of the WAZE adventure is that the nav system in the Lacrosse is stunningly accurate, and pops up 3-D renderings when I was in downtown Detroit. Even though I have lived in MI my whole life, the stupid layout of the streets in downtown D messes with me every time I venture into the city. The 3-D aspect was surprisingly helpful.
Old March 3rd, 2021, 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by Weezer
The irony of the WAZE adventure is that the nav system in the Lacrosse is stunningly accurate, and pops up 3-D renderings when I was in downtown Detroit. Even though I have lived in MI my whole life, the stupid layout of the streets in downtown D messes with me every time I venture into the city. The 3-D aspect was surprisingly helpful.
Jeff - The GPS unit in your LaCrosse sounds pretty cool, I'd like to see those 3-D renderings. Where I used to work we created all kinds of digital 3-D data for a wide variety of military navigation and targeting applications.

Last edited by Dream67Olds442; March 3rd, 2021 at 03:44 PM.
Old March 4th, 2021, 03:06 AM

I once pushed the wrong button and my GPS sent me in a circle heading back home

I guess Norm has left us for golf. I[we] checked on him a few days ago, and he said he was "busy " with golf and some other projects, You guys need to step up your level of interesting post so as not to allow folks to depart..

I'll start,

Hair, I like Brazilian [sorry not pics]
Old March 4th, 2021, 04:34 AM

Where's Norm been? Speaking of GPS, I used to work for the local utility in Lansing, we had early "Garmin" Gps units on our service vans. They were fun to use. I was on a north to south road in west Lansing area that I wanted to follow south to a apartment complex. I knew this complex was on the same road I was on only further south. Well I punched it in and found the Garmin took me to the west, turned south on "Marketplace Drive". Then south past Walmart, Cracker Barrell, Lowes, etc. Then back east to the road I was originally on ,turn south, and go to the complex! So you think Garmin wasn't getting a payment of some kind for running traffic past all the merchants? Imagine a lost out of towner at lunch time going past all those resraurants,etc!
Old March 4th, 2021, 05:08 AM

Originally Posted by Greg Rogers
So you think Garmin wasn't getting a payment of some kind for running traffic past all the merchants? Imagine a lost out of towner at lunch time going past all those resraurants,etc!
Greg - Nice Garmin story! That's what is known in the retail world as "the scenic route"!
Old March 4th, 2021, 06:48 AM

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
I'll start,

Hair, I like Brazilian [sorry not pics]
James - OK, I'm going to bite. WTH does "Brazilian hair" have to do with the price of tea in China? I know "Brazilian hair" is a descriptor for ladies hair weave pieces made from human hair from Brazilian women. I have no comment on those. What I will say is, my favorite women's hair color and style is whatever my wife's looks like at any given moment, just ask her. That's my story, and I'm sticking to it!
Old March 4th, 2021, 07:09 AM

Here's another topic for discussion. I regularly peruse several "for sale" car sites, and check-out the cars for sale that guys on this site post links to, including Mecum, Bring a Trailer, etc. I usually filter site's offerings to 4-4-2's and Cutlasses. In general, taking into consideration cars of equal quality, it seems like the prices of 4-4-2's especially, and Cutlasses, have skyrocketed over the last 2-years since I bought my car. It appears to me like 4-4-2's are going for $10-$20K more right now than they were just 2-years ago, and Cutlasses about $10K more. Do any of you guys who regularly check these cars out think the same thing?
Old March 4th, 2021, 09:19 AM

Chris, This is what I was referring to

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Brazillian
Old March 4th, 2021, 09:55 AM

James - Like I've said on this thread before, I learn lots of new things. I've never heard that word used in that way before, I must have led a sheltered life. Nah!!! In any case, I'm a fan. Like the song says, and in keeping with our car forum, "She was a fast machine, she kept her motor clean, she was the best damn woman that I've ever seen!"
Old March 4th, 2021, 10:54 AM
Jeff

Originally Posted by Dream67Olds442
Jeff - The GPS unit in your LaCrosse sounds pretty cool, I'd like to see those 3-D renderings. Where I used to work we created all kinds of digital 3-D data for a wide variety of military navigation and targeting applications.
Unfortunately, the only time I have ever had the 3-D pop up was when I was in the D. Tall buildings appeared on the screen. If I get down that way again someday, I'll have to remember to snap a pic at a stop sign/light.

Didn't sleep well last night. Woke up at 11:30pm and couldn't shut off the brain from thinking about what all I need to do to spiffy up the car to take better pics for the ad I am going to place in Hemmings. Time to get serious about selling.
Old March 4th, 2021, 01:32 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Beautiful out around 70. I should be outside doing something but guess what.

Got out of work a couple hours early. I started taking some new medicine and it saps the energy right out of me. Also I was in inspection today, with the bad guy, and it was a struggle all day. Came home and had a nap, until Tiger couldn't stand seeing me comfortable any more, then I had to get up.

So Jamesbo are you saying Norm is bored with us? Maybe this will help. E=Mc[squared]

Jeff good luck with the car. I don't know why you want to sell that one, it's a beauty. I know, because it doesn't have on board navigation. GPS in its day was your wife sitting next to you holding the map wrong.

Greg I never would have guessed that the GPS purposely sends you past certain establishments for money. I figured it just had some bad coding and didn't know where it was going. Hm. I'm going to think that every time it takes me the round about way now.

Well I can certainly salvage part of the afternoon. Hope everyone is having a good day. One more to go. Hey I could get used to this.

Old March 4th, 2021, 03:03 PM

Didn't sleep well last night. Woke up at 11:30pm and couldn't shut off the brain from thinking about what all I need to do to spiffy up the car to take better pics for the ad I am going to place in Hemmings. Time to get serious about selling.
Jeff - Good luck with the sale. Are you going to be looking for a different classic car, or getting out of the hobby, at least for awhile? Hemmings is my favorite site, it's where I found my 67 4-4-2.
Old March 4th, 2021, 07:35 PM

This evening I smoked some boiled eggs and the wife made them devilish with Tabasco mayonnaise . Topped with olive slices infused with garden jalapeños.

Old March 5th, 2021, 02:56 AM

Man, Those eggs look great. I use my [actually my mother's] egg plate exactly once every year at Easter

Mike, I'm not sure what happened to Norm, He's checking in but not posting. I feel lost w/o my second level of spell check. He may be catching up on some lost time [winter]on the golf course

maybe if we all start spalling rong, it will drive him back to corect us
Old March 5th, 2021, 05:00 AM

Woo neads a stinkeen spealing cheq?
Old March 5th, 2021, 05:12 AM

Sertinly nun of the fokes on hear!
Old March 5th, 2021, 05:31 AM
Always room for one more

When he does come back it will be an historic advent
Old March 5th, 2021, 05:55 AM

Mike, I hope ya know it's jes your favorite mod messing wit yo post
Old March 5th, 2021, 06:51 AM
Jeff

Originally Posted by Dream67Olds442
Jeff - Good luck with the sale. Are you going to be looking for a different classic car, or getting out of the hobby, at least for awhile? Hemmings is my favorite site, it's where I found my 67 4-4-2.
Bouncing on out of the hobby. ZERO time for it between spending time at the lake during the summer, family, and work. There is only so much patience within me to deal with maintaining the toys at the lake. Hell, I just bought a Milwaukee 18v blower and trimmer package at Home Depot last weekend because I've had it up to here (*holding my hand as high as I can*) with my lawn equipment motors. Of course, two of the push mowers and all of the gas trimmers are garbage picks, so that's part of the problem! There's a reason that the owner's put them to the curb, but I'm cheap and figure I can make a buck when I get them running. I'm my own worst enemy.

In all honesty, I should have sold the car years ago, and in full hindsight, I should have kept looking for a convertible Cutlass instead of buying the Starfire. Certainly a larger market when selling, and the real kicker is I missed a '72 Cutlass vert that the same guy was selling by a day or two.
Old March 5th, 2021, 07:20 AM

In all honesty, I should have sold the car years ago, and in full hindsight, I should have kept looking for a convertible Cutlass instead of buying the Starfire. Certainly a larger market when selling, and the real kicker is I missed a '72 Cutlass vert that the same guy was selling by a day or two.
Jeff - I understand completely about the time issue. That's exactly why I waited until I had retired to even start looking for a classic car to mess with. Starfires are cool cars, I'm sure you'll be able to sell it for close to what you think it's worth. Just my opinion, but I'd advertise it on here too, there's a big market on this forum that truly appreciates Olds of all varieties, not just the Cutlasses and 442's.
Old March 5th, 2021, 08:06 AM

Jeff, I understand also selling the car, It gets frustrating looking at items you thought you wanted then after you have them you don't have enough time to maintain and enjoy them. At one time I had 3 old cars and still have 2 actually but that is probably one too many. I hope after you sell your Olds you will still come on and visit us once in a while.
Old March 5th, 2021, 08:30 AM
Jeff

Yeah, I'll be around. 10 years down the road (that's the retirement plan), I will be looking for something fun to occupy the downtime, a car that has been redone mechanically, but not a show car and certainly not a W-machine. I may wind up like my Dad, cycling thru cars that I want, get bored with, and move on to something else. He's gone from a 64 Ford Galaxie vert, to an 85 Cutlass Brougham, to now a 2015 GMC extended cab with his last 3 "toys."
Old March 5th, 2021, 08:37 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Work was a peach. Even though the bad guy was there, we finished by 930 and I hit the Awful house. Beautiful here so I plan on getting a few things done outside.

Jamesbo if that doesn't bring him back nothing will. Along with an extended dissertation.

My feeling is you can never have too many old cars. Now, you may not have enough time to spend on them, but that's another story. I suppose at some point I'll divest myself of all my wrecks, but I can't imagine that right now. Its seems I am going to be out of the Metropolitan business. The guy that bought the red one wants both the others, so I gave him an excellent price and he's coming back in a couple weeks.

I can't tell you how much this made me laugh. A weasel walks into a bar. The bartender says I've never served a weasel before, what'll ya have? Pop, goes the weasel.

Okay gotta get to work. Have a good afternoon everyone.

Old March 5th, 2021, 10:06 AM

Pop, goes the weasel
. Sometimes the simple ones are the best.
Old March 6th, 2021, 04:24 AM

A baby seal goes into a bar. The bartender says, "What will you have" The baby seal says, :"Anything but Canadian club on the rocks"

Had a funeral yesterday and another today. I may go check on the boat house progress tomorrow. My main man had to run down to Navarre, Florida because his [one of many] grandson had an operation. So I sent my cemetery helper up to paint battings so they would be ready to hang. Hopefully his son in law will het them hung this weekend [between other jobs]

The only issue we had was where to put 120 wet paint battings in a garage full of cars/Gators, tools etc. So he painted 1/2 and went back a second day to [hopefully] finish up< If he didn't het them all we';ll hang the hard ones [high gables] and hang the unpainted ones on the wall with the walk way so they can be easily painted

Anyway, that's the plan
Old March 6th, 2021, 08:13 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Cloudy here and not as warm as I'd like it. But no rain. Got some things to do outside today, the rain can stay away.

I tell you I'm really getting bummed over this house looking bit. There's just nothing that would work for me, even at a higher price. It's either a nice house with some land but no garage, or its nice land and bad house, or storage buildings only, or nice house but weird shaped acreage, anything but what I need. That one place that burned is what I wanted, but that place isn't going to be available for quite awhile. Maybe I should reconsider the chicken houses on 14 acres.

Saw a couple people at the Awful house this morning. The one guy I don't see too often. He had his grandson with him, who is probably 7 or 8. Nice looking kid, he'll grow up to be a lady-killer. But for now his face was buried in the phone playing games. Too much of that going on, life is passing them by. At 7 maybe not so much, but adolescents these days don't have a clue. Very sad indeed.

Okay! Tiger is snoring on the couch, and I need to get with it. Hope everyone has a good Saturday.

Old March 6th, 2021, 09:11 AM

Mike, do you think you could buy the burned one and rebuild it?

Old March 6th, 2021, 09:43 AM
Always room for one more

I tried. I said, collect the insurance, sell me the place at a reduced amount and I'll build my own house. Nope, insurance won't pay out unless she rebuilds. I said, sell me the place at our agreed upon amount and the insurance company can build me the house. Nope, policy won't transfer. One thing I didn't do was suggest we keep the deal going. I didn't know how long it would take to build the new house and I wanted to keep looking.

I was down that way not long after the fire and saw the burned out house. The only thing they had done was string that yellow crime tape across the driveway to keep people out. I went past again last week on my way home from Mom's. The crime tape is gone, the entire structure is gone including the big concrete porches front and back, the drive under garage is filled in and the whole yard is graded up to the swimming pool. There are a couple pink flags in the ground that might suggest where the driveway will go, but I don't know about that.

I may have my agent give a "cold call" just to see where the seller is on rebuilding. I would love to get back in the deal and be part of the rebuilding. Don't know what she plans to build, obviously nothing with a drive under garage. The house was really inconsequential, what I liked was the giant shop and the square 4 1/2 acres.

Old March 6th, 2021, 12:02 PM

Mike, You go go under contract subject to the house being rebuilt and close when they finish
Old March 6th, 2021, 12:43 PM
Always room for one more

Jamesbo we were under contract. Had an inspection earlier in the week, but when the house burned my agent filed paperwork to end the deal and get my earnest money back. Before she did that I tried to salvage the deal but all I kept hearing(only from her, oddly enough), was no that won't work. I was told not to contact the other agent/seller(it was the owner who was the agent selling her own house). So I have no idea what we might have been able to do. My agent told the other agent that we'd keep in touch and might still be interested after the rebuild.

I think I got some bad advice. It was clear my agent didn't want to go all the way down to Warm Springs, even though she kept telling me how much she loved that area and went there all the time. Closing was going to be in Peachtree City, which isn't that far from us. Now she tells me that she's taken listings in Buford and Augusta because business is light. I don't know what to think. I need a new agent, that's what I think.

Old March 6th, 2021, 12:49 PM

Tell her I said it could work and I'm a Life member of the Million dollar club [when I was in big chunks of land sales] instead of small [plots]

People write contracts every day contingent on all kinds of things

I'd tell her, If she won't do it, I'll find someone who will
Old March 6th, 2021, 02:38 PM
Always room for one more

Well, the deal is long dead. This was all around Thanksgiving. The listing is gone and I'm sure whatever the seller's plans are, are well under way. I did ask my agent to touch base with her this weekend, haven't heard back.

What I need is someone who's new to the business. A little green who doesn't know you can't do something. Someone who wants to do whatever they can to get established. My agent has been doing this for awhile, and her husband is also an agent. So if one slips by, or takes longer than normal, they are not in dire straits. I know a guy who ran a restaurant owned by his mother, until she retired and sold out. He just finished Real Estate school. I might give him a call and see if he's started with clients yet.

When I bought my first house 20+ years ago, we were walking through and the people had this overstuffed green leather furniture. I said I thought it was nice. My agent said, we can write into the contract that they leave the furniture. I thought that was odd. Hell, why not write into the contract they leave one of their cars(brand new Ford sedan and brand new Ford truck). Turns out they were this close to being foreclosed on because the husband got demoted to 8 bucks an hour, but they had the leather furniture, new cars, season ballgame tickets, etc. Anyway, Jamesbo you're right. I've learned you can write anything into a contract and if both parties want to accept it, so be it.
Old March 6th, 2021, 04:41 PM

Good evening guys

Mike - I don't envy you with the house search. Sometimes it's very hard to find a place that meets your criteria thats also in your price range. Don't give up, you'll find a place.

Really nice day here today, sunny and a high of 64. I finally got the motivation to do some of that vehicle maintenance. I changed the oil and filter in both bikes, and swapped in the new battery in the Yamaha. It was a full day from 1000 am to 430 pm. Neither bike is a joy to change the oil on. First, the bike has to be pulled up on some 2"×6" ramps I constructed years ago to give me enough clearance under the bike for an oil pan. Then the Yamaha has 3 drain plugs, and the Indian has 2, and they all need to be drained in a particular order. There's one plug on each bike that's a bitch to get a wrench on securely. Then you cannot simply fill up the bike, you have to put in about 2/3 of the oil, start the bike to get oil to the filter and throughout the rest of the bike, and then there will be enough room in the reservoir for the rest of the oil. After doing one bike, and then again at the end, there is the task of transferring the used oil to containers to take to the recycling center. Not my idea of a good time, but they're ready to roll for the season!

Supposed to be another banner day tomorrow, guess I'll see if I can recapture that motivation to start in on the 442. Got an oil change, front end lube, air filter change, and pre-fuel pump filter to put in. Probably the worst part will be finagaling vehicles around to get the full double bay open to have room on both sides to get it safely up on jack stands. We'll see, I'm not feeling it right now, I'm pooped.

We've got a new granddaughter scheduled to arrive any time now. If she doesn't come by this coming Tuesday, my daughter's doctor is going to induce her.

Hope everyone had a great day and has a relaxing evening!