The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old March 5th, 2020, 10:07 AM
Running On Empty

James- Time for you to head to Kentucky?

Old March 5th, 2020, 10:19 AM

I wonder if Mike would loan me his DWUK?

Old March 5th, 2020, 10:22 AM
Running On Empty

Mike has a DUKW? Holy Guacamole!

I think I may have seen this guy in Walmart.

Last edited by Vintage Chief; March 5th, 2020 at 10:27 AM. Reason: sp
Old March 5th, 2020, 01:44 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

I think it rained all day. There was a thunderstorm going on when I left for work at 5 this morning. It's supposed to let up this evening, but I'll believe that when I see it.

Norm that guy needs to stay at Walmart. He spews erroneous information. The letters that "spell" DUKW do indeed mean something, and that meaning is in about a million places on the internet, and take about a nanosecond to find. His rather odd ensemble suggests that might be the 70s. No problem, pick up the nearest World Book Encyclopedia.

Yes I actually have two DUKWs. One is a basket case and the other not much better, but it runs. In fact, I need to move it before warm weather is here because there's a hornet's nest somewhere in/on it and that needs to be taken care of. I hope I don't wake them up while I'm eradicating them.

So the president is coming to town tomorrow afternoon. In the interest of getting far away from the airport before his motorcade screws everything up, and since it's Friday, we're going to start at 4 so we're done by noon. Oddly enough, those of us that do come in at 4 get two hours of overtime, and those that start at 6 will not, but it will still be counted as an 8 hour day. So the lead who came up with this plan(who usually thinks the money comes out of his pocket) is essentially giving us free money. Plus, the foreman is bringing biscuits for everyone, and when we are done we leave anyway. Can't beat that.

Don't forget Jamesbo we're in a drought.

Okay gonna wind down early and hit the sack. It's been awhile since I've gotten up at 2am. I might forget how to do that. Hope everyone has a good evening.

Old March 6th, 2020, 03:23 AM

Originally Posted by Vintage Chief
Mike has a DUKW? Holy Guacamole!

Norm, Ya never seen a DUKW parked outside a Waffle House with a German Shepard enjoying a burger?

Mike FYI hornets leave their next in the winter and go into the ground. The nest make beautiful objects d'art [empty]

Headed Norte

Gonna make a tee time fer Monday and cross my fingers

Have a great weekend Olds friends
Old March 6th, 2020, 12:22 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Got a good start at work this morning, and finished up and left around 1130. I decided to forego the Awful house and get home and get ready to leave. Well, that didn't happen. I was a little less hurried when I heard the president wasn't coming today. So no need to avoid congestion and delays. Well, I read on the internet a little while ago he is going to be here, somewhere between 3 and 6. I think I will take some surface roads and pick up the interstate well south of the city. The president(whoever it is) turns the whole place into a disaster when he comes in.

So, I'm about ready to go, it's a beautiful day out, a little windy, but should be good for traveling. It's been almost two months since I've been to see my Mom. My sister will be around as well, so it will be a good visit.

Hope everyone has a good weekend.

Old March 6th, 2020, 01:26 PM
Running On Empty

Mike - Have a good trip and a great stay w/ your Mom.
Old March 8th, 2020, 09:56 PM

Two days with no posts. So, I'll say something. "Something".
Old March 8th, 2020, 10:03 PM
Running On Empty

Old March 8th, 2020, 10:23 PM
Running On Empty

Curious if he gets much time on the ice.

Old March 8th, 2020, 10:25 PM
Running On Empty

Still can't find a job....

Old March 8th, 2020, 10:33 PM
Running On Empty

Want to learn Chinese?

Old March 8th, 2020, 10:53 PM

Damn, I didn't know Chinese was so easy to learn!
Old March 9th, 2020, 03:20 AM

Norm, thanks for the Chinese lesson-hilarious!! All is good here. Brother in law Carl continues to improve. He is off dialysis now and his kidneys are functioning- that was basically the last hurdle- he's still not 100% but is back to being a functioning human. Now his wife, Jean- my sister in law- just had similar open heart surgery! Yep they both needed it at the same time!! She had it done at U of M as planned. No complications with her and she is supposed to come home today. My wife-Carl's sister- stayed with him at their house as Jean had her surgery. They have support from their 2 adult kids also. We may go down later today if we can help. All last week I didn't go over to the barn and work on truck though I should have- wife was gone and usually lots of progress gets done when she isn't around, but " I just wasn't feeling it", so no work done on truck. Have a good one guys!!
Old March 9th, 2020, 03:25 AM

Chili but no rain, Heading out to smack whitey

Have a great day Olds friends
Old March 9th, 2020, 08:13 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Had a nice weekend with the family. Got home late last night. I was supposed to go see a house today, but the seller wigged, so I'm out. Might buy my neighbor's house this summer when he moves.

Chilly here this morning but lots of sun. Got a ton of running around to do today, so I'm ready to leave tomorrow. I had thought about sitting this trip out, but after the tough year my friend has had, I don't think I'd get away with that. We'll have a good time.

Slow start to the morning, gonna be Awful house for my dinner. I ate all the food in the house, really, I didn't want things to sit around over a week when I'm not home. My Mom did send me home with some cookies.

Okay have a good day everyone.

Old March 9th, 2020, 11:12 AM

Talking

Originally Posted by 1969w3155
Two days with no posts. So, I'll say something. "Something".
Something.
Old March 9th, 2020, 11:27 AM

44/41
Old March 9th, 2020, 01:34 PM
Running On Empty

45/41
Old March 10th, 2020, 05:22 AM

Yesterday was warm (50 or so) and windy/rainy. Lots of snow melted now it looks more brown than white. Anyway I decided to change the broken left rear leaf spring in my 05 F150. Left garage door open in my shop- no heat needed! Anyway, I was really dreading this job as the leaf springs I remember doing years back were a real bitch. I remember a 1971 Chevy full size wagon that was a nightmare.This was in 81 or 82 so it was a rusty 10 year old Michigan car. The bolts all seized in the spring bushings. This was a buddies car, we didn't have a torch and were doing it in his driveway in the city (Lansing). So were borrowed a torch and cut off the bolts which of course lit the rubber bushings on fire and melted all over.
-- Anyway back to yesterday with the F150. This is a 15 year old vehicle from the same salty environment. All the bolts came loose and out with no problem!! Only real trouble was the front eye bolt was installed at the factory from the inside-out. The plastic gas tank was too close so you couldn't slide out the bolt without removing the tank. The answer is to cut off the bolt head and slide it out, then replace bolt going outside-in. Didn't dare use a torch next to the gas tank. Used my sawsall and about 4 blades to cut that bolt Anyway got it. I guess the bolts are coated or something so they don't seize like they did on the 71? How's things going in your area??
Old March 10th, 2020, 06:36 AM

Nice werk Greg

Yeah, My days of throwing down a sheet of card board on a gravel drive ta crawl under a car are long gone

Well, we had a whole day without rain yesterday [luckily it was golf Monday]

I got an 'at need" [ meaning some one had passed] on the course yesterday and planned on skiping lunch and meeting them at 2:30. The guy seemed a little miffed that I couldn't meet with them in 20 minutes. Anyway, [jes because this business is so crazy] I called him as I left the 18th hole to confirm our appointment. He decided he didn't wan to be rushed and would wait a day or 2. SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, he went from being in a big hurry to wanting to wait. I hate to say it but confusion is kinda typical

Old March 10th, 2020, 10:30 AM
Running On Empty

Greg - Wise choice to forego the torch next to the gas tank. Even using a sawsall next to the gas tank makes my butt cheeks pucker a bit.

James - Cardboard on gravel? Sounds invigorating. I know some folks don't use a creeper while the car is on jack stands. My creeper is the bomb-bastic bomb diggity for me. The only annoyance for me is I manage to somehow roll over the electrical cord for the shop light 1/2 the time.

41/43 Gorgeous weather conditions.
Old March 10th, 2020, 10:57 AM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Rain today, big surprise. I don't care, it will be nice and hot and sunny where I'm going. No not Hell. Wish I could meet up with Adrian when I'm in Sydney but he's another 8 hours from there.

Jamesbo do people ever think your cemetery is a regular one and then leave when they find out it's a green cemetery? Do people come from far and wide just because it's a green cemetery?

Greg glad the bro-inlaw is doing better. Now for his wife to get back into shape. I think you lucked out with the bolts on your leaf springs being easy. I was in a shop one time and a guy had brought in his car for a front end alignment. Apparently the mechanic had a heck of a time busting loose the bolts and such to adjust the alignment. I heard him tell the owner of the car, if I had known you were from the north, I would have doubled the price I quoted you.

Well Tiger is in jail, and I'm all packed. Plane leaves at 6 for LA and so starts a very long journey to the land down under. Three planes today, which is two days long. Should be a good trip, the car show is always fun and we're spending a couple days in Sydney afterward doing things that will scare the $hit out of me. Sounds fun.

Not sure I'll be able to check in while I'm gone, Norm if I catch coronavirus while I'm gone I'll log in and check your thread. See you all later next week.
Old March 10th, 2020, 11:13 AM

Mike, They know it's a green one before the get her so no one is ever surprised and leaves/ Oddly enough [for a cemetery] we have people from all over Georgia and buried a guy from Washington state a few weeks ago. For a cemetery to draw from those distance is unheard of

Since you may ax. They packed him in dry ice
Old March 10th, 2020, 11:55 AM

Jamesbo, Back when I was about 14 or so my Grandpa, who had retired working a full career in the coal mines of southern Illinois, got a job at the local funeral home as a retirement part time job. As a young lad I was grossed out about a job in the funeral field. He said it was the best job, but I thought it was creepy. Now all these years later and with the dealings I've had with funeral homes and cemeteries I have realized he was right. Wear nice sharp clothes, clean work, and help people in their time of need. Everyone I've dealt with with deaths in the family have been absolutely professional. Good on you for doing it. Though your explanation about dry ice got me thinking about creepy things again!!!...
Old March 10th, 2020, 12:24 PM

Greg, I spent 40+ years in real-estate. I got soooooooooooo tired of the nanananana [read bitch.moan, negotiate ] I could puke

Toward the end all I was doing is baby sitting a bunch of neurotic people and referring secretaries arguing over a parking space.

With all the rain we've had, I wake up and take the good lord, I don't have any leaking roofs

It really is rewarding helping people out ESPECIALLY when the don't know zip about what they are doing. [Because they don't want to know]

The only think I don't particularity care for is flowers. Throwing away expensive dead flowers is like picking up trash

BTW I recycle the 3 leg stands, I took 30 of them the other day to a florist whp will reuse them
Old March 11th, 2020, 04:40 AM

Still more rain [ and another good day not to be in the property management business]

Mike, Safe travels

Norm, Did you see what Mcllory said about Pete Dye courses?

Old March 11th, 2020, 04:46 AM
Running On Empty

James - No I did not, please share. Tee time @ 9:00 AM.
Old March 11th, 2020, 05:42 AM

https://www.golfdigest.com/story/ror...drinking-beeer

I case my Olds friends were concerned about my health. Here's am FYI

The Super model werks in a fancy restaurant and believes When ya finish jes put your dirty dishes in the sink [ so the dishwasher will catch them] Since I can;t stand dirty dishes in the sink. I was my hands about 10 x a day along with some dishes
Old March 11th, 2020, 10:48 AM

I'm afraid my 93 Y.O uncle is one his way to Glory

Since I'm in the business, I know which funeral homes have the best prices.

He wants a direct cremation But I thought I'd check prices on funeralocity.com anyway

FWIW a 10 mile radius search from my zip code had the prices ranging from $3,500 to $800.00 for the EXACT same thing
Old March 11th, 2020, 11:42 AM
Running On Empty

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
https://www.golfdigest.com/story/ror...drinking-beeer

I case my Olds friends were concerned about my health. Here's am FYI

The Super model werks in a fancy restaurant and believes When ya finish jes put your dirty dishes in the sink [ so the dishwasher will catch them] Since I can;t stand dirty dishes in the sink. I was my hands about 10 x a day along with some dishes
James- Cool article about Rory & Dye courses. Playing like a Guinness Stout for him now.

i wash my hands at least 10-15 times daily not including when I load the dishwasher or use a public washroom. And, when in public restrooms I grab a paper towel to raise lower seat, flush and open close the door. General public doors I always reverse knuckle to open/close.
Old March 11th, 2020, 06:37 PM
Running On Empty

41/43
Old March 11th, 2020, 10:47 PM

Jamesbo, sorry to hear about your uncle's decline. We have a janitorial service where I work that absolutely sucks, so I buy the travel size Lysol to disinfect the toilet seats before I use them. Our company put up notices around the place to advise on how to help prevent the spread of covid-19. Gee, maybe they should put the hand sanitizers back in the restrooms that they removed a couple of years ago to save money. Not hat I want any of my co workers to get sick, but that place needs an outbreak that would knee cap them for a few days with employees calling in sick. Oh, and no paid sick days.
Old March 12th, 2020, 03:45 AM
Running On Empty

Part 1 complete.

Old March 12th, 2020, 05:58 AM

No rain

How about that?

A good day to clean up the cemetery and plant sum grass on new graves

Norm, Congratulations

Old March 12th, 2020, 07:01 AM
Running On Empty

James- TifEagle Bermuda grass on the new graves? When prospective clients want to view grave sites put a putter in their hands. You could also walk the cemetery putting from grave site to grave site. Get the most out of that top soil.
Old March 12th, 2020, 11:25 AM
Running On Empty

Old March 12th, 2020, 11:29 AM
Running On Empty

PGA TOUR statement by Commissioner Monahan on THE PLAYERS and upcoming events as it pertains to the Coronavirus

Old March 12th, 2020, 11:47 AM

Norm, I jes read that on line

Kinda reminds me of a friend in a small new school that invited his father to an awards program cause he was the only one in the class and felt sure he'd receive an award. Nope

Maybe we should take a stab at an empty Q school and see if we could qualify in the 80's
Old March 12th, 2020, 12:03 PM
Running On Empty

James - The entire COVID-19 has my blood boiling - propaganda and mass hysteria by inept news media who don't know how to research the absolute basic important questions regarding statistics regarding SARS-CoV-19 & COVID-19 and the failure of both the CDC and the WHO to report meaningful statistical data.

And, now - hoarding toilet paper? Humans truly are the epitome of The Peter Principle - having now risen to the highest levels of complete incompetency.