The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old March 26th, 2020, 09:57 AM

Norm, we just wanted to know if anyone had, or was suspected of having the virus, we did not want names or anything. We wanted them to be upfront, and not evasive with their answers.
Old March 26th, 2020, 10:22 AM
Running On Empty

39/43
Old March 26th, 2020, 10:58 AM

Norm, It was dark when I left so no one could see I didn't have any trailer lights
Old March 26th, 2020, 11:11 AM
Running On Empty

James - That is exactly the issue w/ no trailer lights - no one can see the trailer.
Old March 26th, 2020, 12:19 PM

Mike, Red Dog like Chic fil a

I think tiger wold too
Old March 26th, 2020, 09:20 PM

James - That is exactly the issue w/ no trailer lights - no one can see the trailer.
I think that his response was in jest. I have come across people pulling a trailer with no lights on my way home from work, they are asking for trouble. Never a cop around to see it either.
Old March 27th, 2020, 03:51 AM

Back when I used to tow a lot of cars with a towbar, I bought a cheap set of magnetic tail lights to stick on the trunk of the towed car. I don't do that much anymore but I have used the lights on borrowed trailers. Easy that way! They only cost about 10-15.00.
Old March 27th, 2020, 04:05 AM

A few years ago, I had trailers out the wazoo, 3 boat trailers, a big trailer to haul my tractor, a home made one [welded jeep axle] and a Jeep trailer. Each and very one of them had lights and proper tag.
Candidly I got sick of the hassle

I still have 2 boat trailers, and my Jeep trailer which neither have working lights or tags. The boat trailers never go anywhere and the jeep trailer is just and object d'art

Please forgive me for I have sinned

I know Mike has also, Cause he drove my big trailer home w/o a tag [Or the right one anyway I forget]
Old March 27th, 2020, 04:26 AM

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
A few years ago, I had trailers out the wazoo, 3 boat trailers, a big trailer to haul my tractor, a home made one [welded jeep axle] and a Jeep trailer. Each and very one of them had lights and proper tag.
Candidly I got sick of the hassle

I still have 2 boat trailers, and my Jeep trailer which neither have working lights or tags. The boat trailers never go anywhere and the jeep trailer is just and object d'art

Please forgive me for I have sinned

I know Mike has also, Cause he drove my big trailer home w/o a tag [Or the right one anyway I forget]
Why have you sinned? I have a old pickup now but back when wife and I both worked, we both had sedans for the better economy. A utility trailer was really handy to move stuff. It was amazing though how much a utility trailer would almost overload a 2002 Impala, had to drive it in 3rd and every bump would shake the crap out of the whole car!
Old March 27th, 2020, 04:31 AM

Cause I drove a borrowed trailer w/o lights
Old March 27th, 2020, 08:24 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Gonna be 86 today. Woohoo! And it seems like the pollen has all but disappeared, so I'm happy. Might wash the truck, or part of it, when I get home from work this afternoon.

Jamesbo I used the tag from my trailer when I went up to get your trailer. It's registered as a homebuilt because they said they don't title trailers and they all get that. So no one would have ever known. The lights worked fine on that trailer, though they're pretty small. Hey, good is good.

Greg I know this is moot right about now, but did you have a left quarter for your Vista Cruiser when you sold it? You know how hard it is to find one of them? I gotta say I had no clue that my quarter was window screen and bondo until I backed into it and it cracked off. The guy who did it must have been a sculptor. It looked perfect. It must have been awhile ago that you bought those magnetic lights. I got a set last summer and they were 40.

Work at 1 this afternoon. Since we get out 4 hours early every day anyway, the lead said lets start at 1 so we get out just that much earlier. Fine with us. Our number was 50 yesterday so that would be 100 for the day, down quite a bit from the 132-160 we normally do. When the mechanics have changed every tire on the planes that are stored, we won't have squat to do.

Okay time to get ready. Hope everyone has a good afternoon.

Old March 27th, 2020, 04:42 PM

Mike, that blue Vista on the Talk thread was a parts car and I sawzalled it into 1000 pieces, but both the gold "good" one and the blue parts cars were rust buckets. I built a 5' high loft in the diagonally in my 10' high pole barn to store all that stuff. But it's all gone now...
Old March 28th, 2020, 07:18 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Sun was out when I got up but now it's cloudy. Hope it doesn't rain, it isn't supposed to. Already got some laundry going and did some house cleaning.

Yesterday was a breeze. We did 50 wheels in 3 hours and set ourselves up for Monday. Left after 3 1/2 hours. This is a good way to make us lazy. Back to early early on Monday.

The Awful house is carry out only, so last night I called in for a cheeseburger and hash browns and went to pick it up. Every booth, every chair has a sign on it saying no eating in, you'd think a simple sign on the door would suffice. Well, this is Stockbridge. I picked up my cheeseburger and headed home. About a 7 minute drive. When I got home the food was still fairly warm, but the cheeseburger had turned into a hockey puck and the hashbrowns were about as soggy as a dog in the rain. Tiger didn't complain about his dogburger but it too seemed rather stiff. I think that's going to be it for the Awful house for awhile. I wanted to give it a try. Maybe they could put picnic tables out in the parking lot for us to sit at.

Haven't done any mowing yet and it sure looks like it. That will be my task for the remainder of the morning. Also gotta find a damn drum puller because that is what's holding up progress on the Chev. NAPA has one online I could buy for $189, not going to do that.

Have a good weekend everyone.

Old March 29th, 2020, 10:30 AM
Always room for one more

Must be nice weather out everywhere.

Stayed in bed until 10 because I could hardly move. I went for a walk around the lake yesterday(3mi) which, turns out with a bad hip, isn't the best thing to do. Luckily I did that after I mowed and worked on the truck.

The truck. It's taken a liking to shredding the air conditioning belt. The one the guy gave me first was way too short. The one I thought would work was too long. Now I have one that about splits the two. If the driveway dries up this afternoon I'll put it on. Got a nice rain shower this morning, after waking up to sunny skies.

Watched Starsky and Hutch last night and drank Kahlua. Spilled some of it on the couch and Tiger licked it off. No wonder he slept so good last night. I'll be in bed early tonight since I start work at 5 tomorrow.

Okay gonna go find the pain killers and find something to do. Driveway should be dry in a little while. Then I'm going over to the shop and swap out for the car. I like driving the big truck but even with the lower gas prices it's expensive to commute with. Have a good afternoon everyone.

Old March 30th, 2020, 03:11 AM

Headed to Walmart at O dark thirty to beat the mob

[ after doing my mod duties]

Have a great day Olds friends
Old March 30th, 2020, 09:41 AM

Saved by my brother, who dropped off a 12 roll pack of Charmin.
Old March 30th, 2020, 11:45 AM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

A fella could get used to this gig. Start work at 5, home by 10. I've been puttering around the house the rest of the time, doing some yard work, some house cleaning, and after break I'm gonna go mail some letters. It is beautiful out.

Got the AC belt changed on the truck, and the truck back to the shop. The car is a mess, having spent the last two weeks sitting at the shop. I'm going to wash it this afternoon, even though the pollen isn't done yet. It's that disgusting.

Jamesbo your mod duties are much appreciated.

Off to the post office. Happy Monday everyone.

Old March 30th, 2020, 11:47 AM

skipped Walmart, and plowed, planted taters

Bought sum sod to redo stone walkway

1st trip 10 pieces, second trip 15 pieces next trip 25 piece and I'm done

Note to self "Measure twice drive once"
Old March 30th, 2020, 01:53 PM
Running On Empty

39/41
Old March 30th, 2020, 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by slantflat
Jamesbo your mod duties are much appreciated.

Now the MF's are on religion
Geeze Louisie
Old March 30th, 2020, 09:20 PM

Norm, I appreciate the knowledge that you are providing on the Covid-19 thread, but it is getting too side tracked over there by others. I'll just stay away from it for awhile.
Old March 31st, 2020, 01:32 AM

A few random observations

Carl Jung believed If you really despise something ya need to take a look in the mirror and see what part of that thing you despise you are carrying around.

So do I

If you ever been in a fire fight you know some situations are 'Fluid" ya make changes in plans or you die

Norm, You'd make a great Mod, If I knew how I would knight you. Of course you'd havta give up golf.

Mike, I saw something on FB you desperately "need" a Studebaker Avanti. I haven't seen one of them in years

Late yesterday, I got an e-mail from the County Commissioners in the mountains. In their infinite wisdom they are"Requiring' anyone who goes to the mountains to quarantine themselves for 14 day. Do not go to grocery stores etc. They think people from the city are going to bring the virus to their county. The part they missed [or didn't choose to direct their attention to] is their own citizens who go to sum cities to work [or buy parts etc] It sort of a one sided required quarantine. Never mind that we "city folks" pay 80% of the property taxes for the whole frigg'in Ciunty and keep their sorry labor pool from starving. I sure hope the truck drivers supplying their stores don't pay attention to this new "ordinance"

I'm afraid once again [ driving w/o trailer lights] I'm gonna brake the law and go and come *** I please to my second home

Have a great day Olds friends
Old March 31st, 2020, 02:53 AM
Running On Empty

Tee time 8:00 AM.

James & Dan - It only takes a couple apples to spoil the bunch on that thread. I never knew that about Carl Jung - interesting. The standard news media is reaping the benefits, while at the same time reporting mostly gibberish. This thing is turning into a literal gold mine for them. I kicked back & watched '93 Days' on Netflix night before last (documentary on the last Ebola outbreak). I didn't particularly care for some aspects of the production, and/or the actors/actresses, but it was none-the-less a decent enough documentary.

Mike - Last night I watched a couple videos on changing the brakes and the tires on the Boeing 777.

Then, I watched some women parachuting.

Old March 31st, 2020, 03:26 AM

Norm, I like your video better[ NOT the one on changing brakes] but every time I hear Wagner's "Ride of the Valkyries" I think about this one and yes ' I love the smell of napalm in the morning
Old March 31st, 2020, 06:07 AM

I haven't even looked at the Corona thread on the site. I did notice the #'s are getting high on the thread so I'm sure there is some drama going on. I have been bombarded by Covid 19 on TV and most everywhere else so I have been mostly avoiding it on line.. Sure is strange times we're livin in!! Six months ago I thought it was such a momentous time- the prez getting impeached, etc, but today's events are even bigger. Ok enough of that....
-- Boy I didn't do a thing yesterday, just stayed inside. The weather is so gloomy- just grey... Today I am going to force myself to go over and work on truck. I am to the point of applying filler and sanding it. It's still too cold to use filler and paint really but this week it's sposta get up to high 50's on Thurs/ Fri. I think I will be able to leave the heat on in shop Thursday night and paint some primer Friday. I have to call the paint store and see if I can get some color paint and soon I maybe can paint some color. Not sure if the store is even open. I am going to paint the truck Meadow Green. It is probably the most common color for those 53-56 F 100's. But that's the color it was and it looks good for a old truck.
-- I sure do spend a lot of time lately what with being socially distanced, on Classic Olds, Ford Truck Enthusiasts, and The Hamb. A guy on the Hamb started a thread just about asking people to post pics of themselves and general good time stories. I think that is great and gives us all something to look at. So I started a thread on CO and FTE called "Can we just talk". It has really taken off on FTE but not so much here. I know it is really the same type thread as the "good morning thread", but I have learned that some, who I really enjoyed conversing with, don't go to the "GM" thread anymore. Check it out and put something in if you want.. Have a good day Olds friends!!
Old March 31st, 2020, 06:43 AM

Greg, My problem [actually one of many] is I speak better than I type
Old March 31st, 2020, 07:33 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Out at 930. Gotta love it. The lead thinks we are getting to the point we won't have many wheels. With approximately 600 planes grounded, the mechanics have changed all the tires by now and once those all come through then we have 200 planes flying a reduced schedule, won't be many wheels. Then I don't know what happens. We get out a deck of cards maybe.

Jamesbo I like the original Avanti but by the time it got to the fourth or fifth iteration it sort of lost something. Now, a 289 Supercharged Avanti would be cool. And STP jammies. One wonders who is going to be monitoring all the comings and goings of the people in town, and whether or not they self-quarantine.

Norm I started watching the parachute video at work but decided I best keep it for home. I've never changed a brake on a 777 but I've changed a couple tires. The worst ones are the middle ones of the main gear, you have to have two jacks to lift up both the front and the back of the bogey and you have no room to get next to the tire for any leverage when pulling it off, or putting it on. I would imagine the brakes are a similar PIA.

Greg I had to look that color up. That's about what I want to paint my house. I always thought it would be cool to have an old truck like that, and then put a Duramax diesel in it.

Thought maybe I'd mow but it's pretty chilly out, and it's going to rain soon. Yup, talked myself out of it. Might go through a few boxes that have been sitting around. Don't remember what's in them.

Okay now for some fun. Have a good day everyone.

Old March 31st, 2020, 10:31 AM
Running On Empty

42/42

I've seen Apocalypse Now 10-15 times? Additionally, I own the DVD. Let's go surfin'.

The horror - theeeeeeeee....horrrrrrrrrrrrror.
Old March 31st, 2020, 02:00 PM

Mod training school

Old March 31st, 2020, 02:02 PM
Running On Empty

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
Mod training school
No doubt!
Old March 31st, 2020, 03:11 PM
Running On Empty

I realize I might be (correctly) construed as mentally twisted. I remember when this song was released - I always thought those words were 'peculiar'.

Love Grows (Where My Rosemary Goes)

Say what!?
Old March 31st, 2020, 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by Vintage Chief
42/42

I've seen Apocalypse Now 10-15 times? Additionally, I own the DVD. Let's go surfin'.
Charlie don't surf!
Old March 31st, 2020, 03:32 PM
Running On Empty

Originally Posted by Fun71
Charlie don't surf!
You got that right, Kenneth!
Old March 31st, 2020, 04:31 PM
Running On Empty

James - Give the Gator to the Super Model.

This machine was made for you.

Old March 31st, 2020, 09:53 PM

Well, the "tank" needs fenders, and I wouldn't wear a neck tie while driving it. It makes a mess of the terrain, and appears to go faster sideways than straight ahead. At least he's having fun.
Old April 1st, 2020, 12:33 AM

Originally Posted by 1969w3155
Well, the "tank" needs fenders, and I wouldn't wear a neck tie while driving it. It makes a mess of the terrain, and appears to go faster sideways than straight ahead. At least he's having fun.
Isadora Duncan jumped into ,my head
https://www.history.com/this-day-in-...n-car-accident

Sum 'thing flung a craving on me for Mexican food. I think I'm gonna whip up Enchiladas

Old April 1st, 2020, 04:27 AM
Running On Empty

James - Holy Snot Rockets. What a way to die. I had no idea she died in that manner. How bizarre.
Dan - Colin Furze is crazed, no doubt. Some of the things he's built are pretty crazy & fun.
Old April 1st, 2020, 05:10 AM

Dangit James!! Why ya gotta go post pics of good food?? Makes made me hungry for Mexican before breakfast!!
Old April 1st, 2020, 05:32 AM

Originally Posted by Greg Rogers
Dangit James!! Why ya gotta go post pics of good food?? Makes made me hungry for Mexican before breakfast!!
Werks fer me
Old April 1st, 2020, 08:09 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Out at 9:15, that's the best one yet. I don't think there's but a handful of wheels for other guys to do. And tomorrow is Friday, should be interesting.

Norm, I was thinking the same thing Weezer was thinking, but he beat me to saying it.

I tell you what Jamesbo, for not being a fan of Mexican food those sure look yummy. Did you know that dancer with the scarf? She obviously never took shop class.

Dan that's the first thing I thought about that dozer. It will tear up your yard. Was it floating when he was driving through the creek, letting the "screws" move the water along? I didn't have any sound when I watched the video but he did look like he was having fun.

Oh Norm, maybe you can help me with my fancy phone. I get my email on the phone, like most people, and starting yesterday when I look at an email, it will show the header but not the message. What have I done to it for this to start happening? How do I fix it?

Think I'll putter around at the shop this afternoon. It's sunny but cold and windy. I see the stove getting cranked up early this afternoon. Hope everyone has a good day.