The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old November 10th, 2021, 05:33 PM

Good evening guys,

We got the snowblower put together, but not without our moments. Biggest issue was the instruction manual itself. It was one of those that covered six different models, and the models were represented in the manual only by pictures, and not identified by model numbers. None of the pictures looked exactly like ours, we just had to pick the one that looked the most like ours and go with it. We had one piece with two holes in it that a clevis pin needed to go through that the holes were miscut on. We had to take a file and ream it out on one side to get the pin to go through. Luckily, it was a plastic piece and was easily reamed out with a round awl file. We got it together though and it fired right up. The electric start sure is nice. I'm sure glad I don't have to worry about shoveling snow this winter!

My wife finished up a really pretty table and chairs set today, here's a few pics:

Went out and got Chinese for dinner. I had Chinese boneless ribs and Roast Pork Lo Mein, the place we get it from is always good.

Hope everyone had a great day!
Old November 10th, 2021, 06:13 PM

Chris the dining set loks nice. did you buy the snowblower form a dealer or a box store? Anything that I bought from a dealer, was ready to go. It was 64° this a.m. when I got up, furnace on the fritz, called heating and a/c place this afternoon after work, and left a voicemail, didn't hear back.
Old November 10th, 2021, 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by 1969w3155
Chris the dining set loks nice. did you buy the snowblower form a dealer or a box store? Anything that I bought from a dealer, was ready to go. It was 64° this a.m. when I got up, furnace on the fritz, called heating and a/c place this afternoon after work, and left a voicemail, didn't hear back.
Hey Dan - Thanks for the compliment on the dining set, I'll let her know. Bought the snowblower at Home Depot, it was still in a crate when I bought it. It's a 2-stage Troy-Bilt Model 2420 and has a 3-year warranty. Six forward speeds, 2 reverse. Looks to be pretty well made.

Old November 10th, 2021, 06:43 PM
Running On Empty

Chris - Where's the picture of the snowblower? The only image I see is something which resembles a wood chipper or stump grinder.

Dan - They serviced my heat pump package last week. Good deal it's late fall, mild temperatures & not middle of January. Hope they get to you shortly.
Old November 10th, 2021, 07:09 PM

Originally Posted by Vintage Chief
Chris - Where's the picture of the snowblower? The only image I see is something which resembles a wood chipper or stump grinder.
Norm - You're just pulling my leg right? You never know with the goblins in the internet these days?
Old November 11th, 2021, 01:50 AM

Step son murdered Bambi in my back yard
Old November 11th, 2021, 02:50 AM

Chris, Beautiful dining set. Your bride certainty has an eye for colors. Everything you've posted has colors beautifully coordinated

Except [of course] the snow blower which resembles Gawja Bull dog

Old November 11th, 2021, 03:53 AM
GCH

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
Chris, Beautiful dining set. Your bride certainty has an eye for colors. Everything you've posted has colors beautifully coordinated

+1 , she does an awesome job on the furniture , also like the colours.
Old November 11th, 2021, 04:03 AM
Running On Empty

James - Venison chili - my favorite. Perfect sized deer - maybe 5 years old? Not an old buck, should be excellent tasting.

My house thermostat buttons have been slow to respond (my HVAC man noticed it, as well). He said he'd help me install it, I said that's cool I'll order one and I'll install it. Took awhile to find the exact model, but I found one - arrived yesterday. Replacing it is a no brainer, programming it is going to test the edges of my cerebral cortex - 63 Step settings (installer mode) & 15 Step settings (user mode). Came factory set for 2H/2C Gas/Cooling Applications Heat Pump Pkg. mine is electric. I think the correct approach is to run through the current installation program settings & replicate them when I install the new one. Glad I opted out for the frontal lobotomy they offered me. 😉😛

Last edited by Vintage Chief; November 11th, 2021 at 04:13 AM.
Old November 11th, 2021, 04:37 AM

James - Tell your step-son congrats on the buck! Did he get him with a bow?

Thanks for the compliments on the furniture, she does have an eye for coordinating colors. She also picks out the fabric and does the reupholstery herself. Many of the colors of the paints she uses are custom mixed by her. If the color is custom, she always sends the buyer home with a big jar of the custom color for touch-ups. As she should be, she's very proud of her 5-star rating on Facebook Marketplace.

As you can imagine, we always love it when they show the Bulldog on the Georgia sideline.

Old November 11th, 2021, 04:41 AM

Originally Posted by GCH
+1 , she does an awesome job on the furniture , also like the colours.
Glenn - Really appreciate the compliment on my wife's furniture, I'll let her know!
Old November 11th, 2021, 04:48 AM

Chris, Yes, He murdered it with a bow. I guess he deserves it after digging all the post holes for me
Old November 11th, 2021, 04:49 AM

My house thermostat buttons have been slow to respond (my HVAC man noticed it, as well). He said he'd help me install it, I said that's cool I'll order one and I'll install it. Took awhile to find the exact model, but I found one - arrived yesterday. Replacing it is a no brainer, programming it is going to test the edges of my cerebral cortex - 63 Step settings (installer mode) & 15 Step settings (user mode). Came factory set for 2H/2C Gas/Cooling Applications Heat Pump Pkg. mine is electric. I think the correct approach is to run through the current installation program settings & replicate them when I install the new one. Glad I opted out for the frontal lobotomy they offered me. 😉😛
Norm - Good luck with the Thermostat Controller install. If any of us on here can Git'r Done, it would be you.

Old November 11th, 2021, 05:08 AM
Running On Empty

Chris - Those are the cutest F'ing bulldogs.
Old November 11th, 2021, 05:10 AM

Chris, Yes, He murdered it with a bow. I guess he deserves it after digging all the post holes for me
James - Hey, if he's a good guy, which it sounds like he is, it's nice of you to let him hunt on your place. I wish there were more bow hunters around our place, the deer are so thick they're an absolute danger around every corner going out in either direction to a main road. When I was going out the back way yesterday I came around a corner and there were 5 trying to cross the road. Worst case scenario, 3 had already crossed, and 2 were still on the other side. I slowed down to a crawl because you never know how goofy they're going to get when they get split up like that. I love seeing them, but not when they get so thick they become a constant danger everytime you get in the car, plus they come up into yards and cause property damage.
Old November 11th, 2021, 05:13 AM

Cars are bad but be extra careful on your bike

Deer and motorcycles don't Gee and Haw
Old November 11th, 2021, 05:19 AM

Chris - Those are the cutest F'ing bulldogs.
Thanks Norm, they're quite the pair, and we love 'em to death! I just took that pick yesterday, but it could have been on almost any day. They are best buds and always cuddled up together. I always tell the dogs they hit the Momma lottery when my wife picked them out of their respective litters because they get the best of everything.
Old November 11th, 2021, 05:34 AM

Cars are bad but be extra careful on your bike

Deer and motorcycles don't Gee and Haw
x10 - I'm always extra careful on the bike, even more so this time of year when they are near, or in rut and get extra stupid!
Old November 11th, 2021, 05:40 AM
Running On Empty

Originally Posted by GCH
Put on wintertires on 4 cars this week and chains
and snowplow on the Deutz so this is ready for snow and ice.
Glenn - That's many winter (snow) tires and chains to keep on hand just for storage alone. It reminds me when I lived up North. We'd perform basically the same operation(s). Off/On with the snow tires each winter and spring.
Old November 11th, 2021, 05:45 AM
Running On Empty

I wasn't so lucky on the litter selection when I used to reside in Arkansas. I wanted a Redbone Coonhound. Found a family with a bitch coonhound ready to deliver a litter of seven in several weeks. Six were spoken for I could have the last. Bitch delivered six Redbones and mine was a F'ing Wire Terrier. Bitch!
Old November 11th, 2021, 05:47 AM
Running On Empty

Deer all over the place here. On my Indian I slow to a crawl when I'm riding at night.
Old November 11th, 2021, 06:04 AM

Good morning guys,

First, Happy Veteran's Day to all of my Old's buddies who have served, you are the best of Americans. I am proud to say I spent my whole career in a job whose main purpose was to make it easier and safer for you to do your job of protecting our country.

Warmish this morning, about 55, with the rain we had overnight moving out. Supposed to be partly sunny by about 1000, but it's not supposed to get out of the 50's, with cooler temps moving in behind the front.

Got some running to do later this morning. Going to Lowes for my wife to get more paints, and to return a new artificial Christmas tree she bought online. She did not like the tree when she saw it in person and decided to keep the one we have. We're going to take two end tables my wife sold to Lowes with us, because the woman who bought them is going to meet us there to pick them up. She is coming from about an hour south of us (same direction as Lowes), and picking them up at Lowes will knock about a 1/2-hour off her trip. After Lowes, we're headed to Wally World for some food, I think we're going to pick up a turkey and other items for Thanksgiving dinner. Hard to believe that's almost here!

Hope everyone has a great day!
Old November 11th, 2021, 08:24 AM
GCH

Deer all over the place here. On my Indian I slow to a crawl when I'm riding at night.
Same here Norm , many deer . Try to avoid motorcycle driving when it,s dark , i,m glad i not se any damage
on the 88 after the deer hit but i drive slowly when it,s dark with the Oldsmobiles. Was at the doctor today and
is now waiting for an x-ray to se what the knee looks like. Well , it would be great to loose a little weight but
both of us here like food so i dont know how it goes
Old November 11th, 2021, 08:39 AM

Originally Posted by GCH
Was at the doctor today and is now waiting for an x-ray to se what the knee looks like. Well , it would be great to loose a little weight but both of us here like food so i dont know how it goes
Glenn - I hope you get good news on the x-ray and your knee gets better with just some rest and/or rehab!

Last edited by Dream67Olds442; November 11th, 2021 at 10:36 AM.
Old November 11th, 2021, 09:12 AM
GCH

Originally Posted by Dream67Olds442
Glenn - I hope you get news on the x-ray and your knee gets better with just some rest and/or rehab!
Thanx Chris , maybe an answer at a couple weeks. Nice to know what the issue is.
Old November 11th, 2021, 10:07 AM
Running On Empty

Thermostat R&R was a cake walk. New one is far more responsive. Cleaning my golf irons. I can increase my swing speed at least 10 mph and gain 20 - 30 yards further carry. I have beach front property for sale in Nebraska if anyone's interested - dirt cheap.
Old November 11th, 2021, 11:02 AM

Thermostat R&R was a cake walk. New one is far more responsive. Cleaning my golf irons. I can increase my swing speed at least 10 mph and gain 20 - 30 yards further carry. I have beach front property for sale in Nebraska if anyone's interested - dirt cheap.
Norm - Glad the thermostat repair was a piece of cake! As for the rest of your post, are we gonna have to hook you up to the BS meter again???
Old November 11th, 2021, 11:43 AM

Cemetery rant

The 2 things I dislike about this business [ in no particular order]

LONG eulogies [ the other HOT day,] 4 -15 minutes each. One person fainted in the heat. I told the super Model to bring an air horn to my funeral and if anyone starts a speech BLOW it

Flowers, I just finished picking up 3 construction bags of old dead flowers [trash] I keep the metal stands and recycle them [give them to florist] total waste of money

end of rant
Old November 11th, 2021, 11:48 AM

Hi guys,

Trip to Lowes went fine. My wife got her paints and stains, returned the tree, and the buyer picked up the tables. We decided not to go to Walmart because the one in Festus where Lowes is, is showing as being out-of-stock for the Chicago's Home Run Inn frozen pizza's we love. The Walmart in Arnold is showing as having them as in-stock. We have to go to Arnold on Saturday anyway to pick up a dresser she's buying, so we decided we go to the Walmart there then.

When I got home I noticed how pretty the Fall colors looked coming down our road and again from our deck. These kind of colors are what we were seeing all day on Monday when we were out riding. These two pics are off our deck.

Old November 11th, 2021, 01:07 PM
Running On Empty

Chris - You need to upgrade your camera or phone.
Old November 11th, 2021, 01:31 PM

Chris - You need to upgrade your camera or phone.
Norm - Do the pics really look bad on your end? They don't look too bad to me, but I was using quite a bit of zoom. Using the same camera in my new phone that I take all the good car pics with???
Old November 11th, 2021, 01:37 PM
Running On Empty

Originally Posted by Dream67Olds442
Norm - Do the pics really look bad on your end? They don't look too bad to me, but I was using quite a bit of zoom. Using the same camera in my new phone that I take all the good car pics with???
Short & Sweet - Yes, they look bad. Each is what is referred to as a "washout". Sorry to say.
Old November 11th, 2021, 01:38 PM
Running On Empty

Just thought of something which help you. What is the image file type you posted?

I just reviewed each image and they are .jpg files which "should" post well for websites.
Old November 11th, 2021, 01:42 PM
Running On Empty

We might figure this out....eventually. Here are your images as viewed via Browser.

Old November 11th, 2021, 01:42 PM

Nice buck. Temp currently @ 63° indoors, he'll be here tomorrow. Bumped me up due to no heat, which will be just in time for the weekend, as snow and rain are forecast. I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy.
Old November 11th, 2021, 01:44 PM

Awe jeesh Chris, your phone is crap, ya better send ot to me for a long evaluation!
Old November 11th, 2021, 01:44 PM
Running On Empty

Good they bumped you up. Indeed, a bottle in front of me is much preferred.
Old November 11th, 2021, 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by 1969w3155
Nice buck. Temp currently @ 63° indoors, he'll be here tomorrow. Bumped me up due to no heat, which will be just in time for the weekend, as snow and rain are forecast. I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy.
Dan - Hope they get there for sure tomorrow, it's already getting pretty chilly in there!
Old November 11th, 2021, 01:57 PM

We might figure this out....eventually. Here are your images as viewed via Browser.

Norm - Those pics look exactly the same as the ones I posted above, should they?
Old November 11th, 2021, 02:01 PM
Running On Empty

They are in fact, exactly the same because I downloaded your originals and then uploaded the originals. They are terribly washed-out. Houses etc. in foreground are all out of focus and the trees are a smudge.