The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old August 16th, 2024 | 05:08 PM

Cast iron skillet. Garlic Crusted Italian sausage, Mushroom, Red onion, Green olive 425Deg
Old August 16th, 2024 | 05:23 PM
Running On Empty

Keith - Looks tasty.

I love when you guys share your cooking images.

Looks good, Keith, Also Jim- that chick pea salad looks amazing- I love chick peas but no one else around does....
Running On Empty

Greg - I love chick peas.
Old August 16th, 2024 | 05:29 PM

The chick pea and Mediterranean spin is real good. Keeps in the fridge for a week and is a healthy snack dont skimp on the feta

Heres the done Za

Old August 16th, 2024 | 05:37 PM
Running On Empty

One of my favorite street vendor foods is Guasanas (chick peas). Most common in several States of Mexico e.g. Jalisco; yet, I've found them w/ some frequency in Panama & Costa Rica. My all time favorite Mexican street vendor food are fresh tamales. Back to Guasanas. They make/prepare them in basically one of two ways: (1) steamed (my favorite) & (2) boiled (not too dissimilar to how you make boiled peanuts [Goober Peas]). They are then lightly salted after being steamed or boiled then scooped into a small/medium bag for immediate consumption - delicious.
Old August 16th, 2024 | 05:39 PM
Running On Empty

Pound it w/ Feta baby.
Old August 16th, 2024 | 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by Vintage Chief
You suspect it's not THAT rona. Since nearly everyone "thinks" there's only one corona virus everyone compares symptoms to COVID-19 (Sars-CoV-2) when in fact there are a number of other zoonotic coronaviruses which routinely infect humans & display very mild symptoms i.e. H-CoVs (Human-Corona-Virus). In fact those symptoms are often far less remarkable than the common Rhinovirus(s). Both H-CoV (coronavirus) & Rhinovirus account for >65% of all common colds including RSV and parainfluenza.

I'm amazed how many place little faith in modern science & would rather become a statistic of SARS-CoV-2 rather than get a vaccination because of some ill-advised nonsensical beliefs. Maybe this might put things in perspective. If a human being gets rabies and does not seek medical attention (i.e. get the rabies...wait for it... VACCINE) they will die w/ 100% mortality. There is absolutely no question rabies is 100% FATAL without receiving the rabies vaccine. Those disbelievers might think twice of the benefits of modern vaccines and the development of vaccines. They save lives.
These should all be diluted to a 1:1 ratio w/ EtOH.
Correct, I was using the imprecise slang term of "the rona" which I prefer for its vaguely trailer-parkish flavor for being an over-abbreviation and for the fact that older, rural people tend to put "the" in front of everything ("I'm going to the walmart.") so it strikes me as a sort of a gesture of rural defiance towards a deliberately released global plague designed to unseat an American President (which it did.) As for the vaccinations, I draw a distinction between the clearly-pre-designed mRNA vaccines for COVID-19 that were also a part of the engineered panic and engineered solution and a traditional vaccine. I agree with other vaccines. I also do not get the influenza vaccine. My father would get extremely hurt if I did not because he is a better living through chemistry boomer. I grew up in the 80s which was a decade of almost militaristic preventative medicine developed in the 60s. Nowadays, they pull tonsils, adenoids, put tubes in ears, and mandate vaccines a lot less. I have no idea what causes autism. I certainly don't think it is some of the vaccines, and I have no proof, but, the number of anecdotes about "my son received a vaccine shot and the smile left his face never to return as he fell into autism" is statistically significant, by which I mean, it hasn't been proven that vaccines cause autism, but it hasn't been proven that they don't. I simply don't have the data, and no one else seems to, either.

I try not to drink while on medicine.
Old August 16th, 2024 | 05:53 PM
Running On Empty

Originally Posted by Koda
I try not to drink while on medicine.
John - Artistic liberties.
Old August 16th, 2024 | 05:56 PM

Also, I feel half trashed already with sinus pressure, so no need.
Old August 16th, 2024 | 06:04 PM
Running On Empty

If you were born in Florida, a neonate is required by law to receive the following vaccines:

5 doses DTaP (diphtheria-tetanus-pertussis).
4-5 doses Polio (Kindergarten).
2 doses MMR (measles-mumps-rubella).
3 doses Hepatitis B.
2 doses Varicella (chickenpox).

Every state w/in the United States has vaccine scheduled mandates for neonates defined by rules of law.

Exceptions:
(1) An M.D. has reason to authorize a medical exemption, or (2) have religious objections to vaccination. Both must be documented.

You see lots of folks grabbing the Shingles vaccine these daya. I had Shingles - it's not super nasty, but it's no walk in the park.
Old August 16th, 2024 | 06:09 PM
Running On Empty

Originally Posted by Koda
Also, I feel half trashed already with sinus pressure, so no need.
For the very first time, this year. I tried FLONASE. This is a GREAT antihistamine. I'm not a big fan of most antihistamines since they curtail an immune response & it's the immune response which actually/clinically/biologically is exactly how you ward off an infection. Yet, when your head/sinus feels the size of a great magic pumpkin, FLONASE gets right to the point of eliminating the sinus pressure - and FAST.
Old August 16th, 2024 | 06:13 PM

I've spent several days on the range and played again today. I'm playing very fair - which I'm happy to contend with. Always striving for a more consistent swing I think I may have stumbled upon something manageable.
Sounds good Norm, glad you could get out and play. Keep spanking it! 👍
Old August 16th, 2024 | 06:16 PM

Ordered my dual exhaust from the Parts Place yesterday, got a notification from UPS that it will be delivered tomorrow between 2pm-6pm. I have to be here to sign for it. Well, for part of the time slot I will now be here, as the rain forecast is 80% tomorrow, meaning my car show is a no go. Had a look under the hood yesterday of the new purchase, and I noticed that the radiator was a nice shiny, new looking black, and from appearances it is a four core. I'll pull the radiator top plate later to confirm. It will be a money saver if it is, as that's what I want for aftermarket a/c.
Old August 16th, 2024 | 06:17 PM
Running On Empty

Originally Posted by Dream67Olds442
Sounds good Norm, glad you could get out and play. Keep spanking it! 👍
Chris - Thanks. I'm going to try to squeeze in another 18 tomorrow. At this ripe young age I have to continually exercise my bones or fall victim to dreadful aching. Must keep limber. Use it or lose it.
Old August 16th, 2024 | 06:20 PM
Running On Empty

Originally Posted by 1969w3155
Ordered my dual exhaust from the Parts Place yesterday, got a notification from UPS that it will be delivered tomorrow between 2pm-6pm. I have to be here to sign for it. Well, for part of the time slot I will now be here, as the rain forecast is 80% tomorrow, meaning my car show is a no go. had a look under the hood yesterday of the new purchase, and I noticed that the radiator was a nice shiny, new looking black, and from appearances it is a four core. I'll pull the radiator top plate later to confirm. It will be a money saver if it is, as that's what I want for aftermarket a/c.
You "can" log onto the UPS website using your tracking number. When your parcel appears, there is an applet which you can click on which will allow you to waive signing for the delivery. It immediately is recognized and the driver will not attempt a signature because you have authorized delivery without signature.
Old August 16th, 2024 | 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by otto72
Heres the done Za

Keith - That looks absolutely amazing, Bon Appétit!

Last edited by Dream67Olds442; August 16th, 2024 at 06:24 PM.
Old August 16th, 2024 | 06:29 PM

Norm, we need to figure out how to get you certified as my personal physician.
Old August 16th, 2024 | 06:31 PM
Running On Empty

Originally Posted by Fun71
Norm, we need to figure out how to get you certified as my personal physician.
Old August 16th, 2024 | 06:41 PM

Chris - Thanks. I'm going to try to squeeze in another 18 tomorrow. At this ripe young age I have to continually exercise my bones or fall victim to dreadful aching. Must keep limber. Use it or lose it.
Though not as ancient as you are yet, believe me I know! In any case, I always tell folks, it isn't always your age, sometimes it's the mileage, and I've asked my body to do way more than it was ever designed to do. Hurt my left shoulder lifting today. Pretty sure it's just a muscle or ligament strain, and not a rotator cuff issue. Didn't really notice it while I was working out, but I could feel soreness starting to set in about 2-hours after. Ice tonight, and I'll start heat therapy in the morning.
Old August 17th, 2024 | 05:43 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Good start at 4, been fairly steady since. The lead brought croissants so we had a nice break around 6. We had a rush of contract wheels so that slowed things down, and a bunch of big wheels, and I see there are more contracts so we will stay slow the rest of the day. I think the lead is being greedy wanting us to do 132 wheels but who knows we might make it. We're staying all the way up to 12 so I'd rather do work than just sit here falling asleep.

Tiger wanted to go out around midnight and it was raining. Not so when I left for work but it will be inside stuff today. What the heck am I saying. It will be work inside Mom's house until everything is back together. We got the furniture pushed back where it belongs yesterday. Now for the pictures.

John I find that a couple Tylenol and a Kahlua and cream does wonders no matter what ails me. I think I could take out the Tylenol and get the same result.

Think I'll walk down to the roll up door before things get cranked up again. Hope everyone has a good weekend.

Old August 17th, 2024 | 06:08 AM
Running On Empty

Mike - Aircraft not owned by Delta requires two wheels. Aircraft is owned by a carrier in Bum Phuque Eqypt. Do airlines have contracts w/ one another for wheels as in the case an airline carrier (such as Delta) sells &/or has reciprocal contract arrangements/agreements w/ other airline carriers to service/provide wheels on other airlines?
Old August 17th, 2024 | 06:31 AM
Always room for one more

Norm I'm not exactly sure what you're getting at. The aircraft that these contract wheels come off have 6 wheels. We work on all of them.

In our case, our contract wheels come from Endeavor Air. They don't have a tire shop of their own so they pay us to rework their wheel assemblies. Which is odd because they are owned by Delta so it's like taking money from the left pocket and putting it in the right pocket. But this is not uncommon. Lots of companies "farm out" their work, especially components. The company either doesn't have the facilities to do the work or it's cheeper to get someone else to do it, instead of keeping a full shop running that might not be cost effective.

I may not have been clear in the past what this contract wheel business is all about. I'm sorry. Sometimes I think if I know something then everyone knows it.
Old August 17th, 2024 | 01:03 PM

Hope everyone is having a great day!

4-4-2 repair update:
The final batch of parts/supplies made it here this afternoon. I got the axle/drum/wheel back on the car making sure the spines are engaged. Randi B. is coming tomorrow between noon - 1pm to pick it up with his flatbed. We shouldn't have to roll or drive it but a few feet to get it on the trailer. There's no timeline right now for completion, but I know he's going to start in on it as soon as he gets it home.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!
Old August 17th, 2024 | 02:49 PM
Running On Empty

Mike - You answered my question in a drawn out manner but I probably asked the question in a long drawn out manner.

Basically - Does Delta wheel/tire shop provide wheels/tires routinely to other airline carriers by contract or otherwise (say a non-Delta aircraft drops in from Bum Phuque Egypt requiring wheels).
Old August 17th, 2024 | 03:07 PM

Rain took out a car show. 2" yesterday, and 1.75" last night. Sure saves on the water bill. Stopped at the farmers market earlier, picked up some Honey Crisp apples, peaches, and cinnamon rolls.
Old August 17th, 2024 | 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by 1969w3155
Rain took out a car show. 2" yesterday, and 1.75" last night. Sure saves on the water bill. Stopped at the farmers market earlier, picked up some Honey Crisp apples, peaches, and cinnamon rolls.
Dan - I can't remember exactly when the apples up there are ready for harvest. For some reason I'm thinking September. We had a really nice Orchard just a couple miles from the house where I grew up. We'd always go there at least once every Fall and pick a bushel, and get fresh cider. Good memories!
Old August 17th, 2024 | 04:17 PM
Running On Empty

Shot absolutely dead-pan average today, I'll take it no complaints.
Old August 17th, 2024 | 04:45 PM

Shot absolutely dead-pan average today, I'll take it no complaints.
Certainly nothing wrong with an average day, especially considering how high your average level of play already is!
Old August 17th, 2024 | 05:36 PM
Running On Empty

My lowest USGA world GHIN (Golf Handicap Index Network) H.I. (Handicap Index) has been 10.4. My current H.I. is 12.0

Old August 17th, 2024 | 05:40 PM
Running On Empty

1. The average handicap index for men is 14.2
2. The most common handicap index range for men is 13.0-13.9, which consists of 5.42% or just more than 95,000 golfers. But the 13-handicappers in the U.S. are barely the most common, holding just one-hundredth of an edge over the second-most common handicap, 12.0-12.9 (5.41%). That’s also slightly more than the third-most common handicap, 14.0-14.9, which is 5.37%.
3. There’s a logjam of men’s golfers who are low double-digit handicaps. Nearly one-quarter of men (21.16%) have handicaps ranging from 10.0-13.9.
Old August 17th, 2024 | 06:00 PM

Norm - Using the 1st chart above, if I'm reading it correctly, it tells me with an HI of 12.0 you're better than 60% of all golfers. That's pretty damn good and something to be proud of! Even more impressive is that you're constantly trying to improve. 👍
Old August 17th, 2024 | 06:12 PM
Running On Empty

Chris - Thanks. Notably, the statistics I provided are statistics from only USGA GHIN registered golfers. There are an estimated 39.6 million amateur golfers. Of those, ~3.3 million maintain a USGA GHIN Handicap Index - roughly 8% of all amateur golfers.
Old August 17th, 2024 | 07:34 PM
Always room for one more

Norm we have in the past. Right now, our only contracts are Endeavor and a government contract, where we own the wheels and lease them to the gov and rework the wheel assemblies. Obviously, any company that has money can sign a contract with Delta for services. We also contract out painting, gear, engines, flight controls, pretty much any part of the airplane. Delta actually has a very good reputation for contract work.

So today is Mom's birthday. Our big excitement was going to Sonny's for dinner. That's her favorite. I didn't get her a present. Historically anything I get her she doesn't like, puts away, pretty much shuns it. I don't get it. My sister sent her two dozen roses. Very pretty.

Chris glad the car is coming along. Hope the recovery goes okay tomorrow. Bet you have it back by next weekend.

Been watching the Mecum auction. We saw a 1969 Dodge Daytona wing car sell for 3M. Mom says, what makes that car so special. Oh Mom...

Okay gonna go home soon. Will sleep in a little tomorrow then Walmart lunacy. Hope it turns out better than last week. Good night everyone.

Old August 17th, 2024 | 08:39 PM

Chris - Thanks. Notably, the statistics I provided are statistics from only USGA GHIN registered golfers. There are an estimated 39.6 million amateur golfers. Of those, ~3.3 million maintain a USGA GHIN Handicap Index - roughly 8% of all amateur golfers.
Still . . . pretty damn good.

Norm, I have a question. The only handicap I ever established was when I played in a work league for 4-years. We only played 9-holes every Friday after work. We played on a 27-hole course and we rotated to a different 9-holes each week. At my best, I bounced between a 6 and 7 handicap as calculated by the league for 9-holes. How would that equate (if at all) to the Handicap Index you referenced?
Old August 17th, 2024 | 08:57 PM

Originally Posted by slantflat
So today is Mom's birthday. Our big excitement was going to Sonny's for dinner. That's her favorite. I didn't get her a present. Historically anything I get her she doesn't like, puts away, pretty much shuns it. I don't get it. My sister sent her two dozen roses. Very pretty.

Chris glad the car is coming along. Hope the recovery goes okay tomorrow. Bet you have it back by next weekend.
Mike - I hope your Mom enjoyed her birthday. Very nice of you to take her to dinner. Don't know if I ever mentioned this before, but I never had trouble remembering my wife Dawn's b-day because it's the same as my Mom's, pretty weird!

Thanks for the encouragement with the car, I sincerely appreciate it. Of course I want to get it back as soon as possible, but honestly all I really care about at this point is that it's done right.

Old August 17th, 2024 | 09:14 PM
Running On Empty

Chris - Can’t calculate a GHIN HI. For one reason you don’t know the slope and course rating. It would take significant time to explain how GHIN HI is calculated. You can look it up if you want.
Old August 17th, 2024 | 10:06 PM

Originally Posted by Dream67Olds442
Of course I want to get it back as soon as possible, but honestly all I really care about at this point is that it's done right.
Don’t worry, it’s just a wheel bearing replacement. This is simple maintenance that is expected if you have a car long enough. I’ve done it three times since the 80s. The time the shaft exited the rearend was exciting, but the last one was less dramatic; it just made repetitive vibrations at highway speeds to alert me.

Last edited by Fun71; August 17th, 2024 at 10:16 PM.
Old August 18th, 2024 | 05:34 AM

Originally Posted by Fun71
Don’t worry, it’s just a wheel bearing replacement. This is simple maintenance that is expected if you have a car long enough. I’ve done it three times since the 80s. The time the shaft exited the rearend was exciting, but the last one was less dramatic; it just made repetitive vibrations at highway speeds to alert me.
Thanks Kenneth, I appreciate the encouragement.
Old August 18th, 2024 | 08:36 AM

Chris - Can’t calculate a GHIN HI. For one reason you don’t know the slope and course rating. It would take significant time to explain how GHIN HI is calculated. You can look it up if you want.
OK, thanks anyway.