The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old January 25th, 2023, 04:20 PM
Running On Empty

Wonder if any of them have pulled into the wrong driveway.
Old January 25th, 2023, 04:28 PM

When I moved to Phoenix all the houses and yards looked alike to me - I guess the developers didn't have many floor plans. So much different than were I came from where every house was different.
Every day coming home I had to count the driveways to make sure I pulled into the correct one.
Old January 25th, 2023, 04:44 PM
Running On Empty

That’s funny, Kenneth.
Old January 25th, 2023, 04:46 PM
Running On Empty

Watching ‘Narvik’ - not bad.
Old January 25th, 2023, 04:49 PM
Running On Empty

Some guy Andy wants to pay someone to look at a car for him in Phoenix.
Old January 25th, 2023, 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by Vintage Chief
Watching ‘Narvik’ - not bad.
Had not heard of it, but read up on it and it sounds like one I would enjoy. That one goes on the list,, thanks Norm.
Old January 25th, 2023, 05:51 PM
Running On Empty

‘WWII in Color: Road To Victory’ is a must watch.
Old January 25th, 2023, 07:50 PM

Some guy Andy wants to pay someone to look at a car for him in Phoenix.
Yeah, it’s actually Cave Creek which is about an hour north of me. That’s how expansive the Phoenix metro area is. Where I’m from an hour drive put you through several towns, a lot of BFE, a different county, and even a different state depending upon the direction.
Old January 25th, 2023, 08:04 PM

This is true. I am amazed at how many miles you can cover in an hour where I am now, versus Central FL growing up. Now you just pick a direction and go on a divided highway without stoplights. In the greater metro Orlando area, it's 30 to 40 mph between stoplights and takes twice as long for the same distance. At least they have integrated the Turnpike with the Bee Line and the original East West Expressway with a sprawling loop tollway which they are at, I think, the last half a mile of finishing, that has taken them 30 years to make.
Old January 26th, 2023, 04:51 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Good start to the morning, including walking out to a star-filled sky. I've already signed off 11 wheels, and I like to be at 10 by break time. That's in 45 minutes.

John when I drove around central Florida in the 80s it was a piece of cake. When I was there this past summer it was a disaster. I can't tell you how much I paid in tolls, how slow the traffic went, and there doesn't seem to be a direct way to get anywhere. Way too much traffic.

Gonna be nice until Sunday, when the rain comes back. Nice but cold.

Okay my computer has tried to reset the page twice now, so I'll let it have its fun and games and try again later. I like this button restore autosaved content. We needed that a few years ago.

Have a good morning everyone.

Old January 26th, 2023, 06:00 AM

Good morning guys,

Mike - Reading back over the past few posts from last night, I realized I hadn't answered the 2nd question you had asked me, and that was if I had kicked the Cold I had been suffering from. If I had answered last night, I would have told you I was alot better, and back to about 90%. However, I woke up this morning feeling like I've taken a step backwards, and hoping that I didn't try to do too much too soon. Guess we'll see as the day goes on. Thanks for asking!

Cold here at 28° this morning and it's not supposed to get above 30°. Tomorrow and Saturday are supposed to be nice though with highs of 48° and 51° forecasted. After that, the bottom drops out again next week with highs that won't get above freezing and overnight lows in the low teens. Burrrrrrr, have I mentioned I hate winter!!!!

No big plans for today, at least that I know about yet? I know my wife was trying to buy another antique claw foot table and chairs that's close by, but then she never mentioned whether she got the deal done? Guess I'll ask this morning? It will be a sad state of affairs if going to pick up some old furniture is the highlight of my day!

Hope ya'll have a great day!
Old January 26th, 2023, 07:42 AM

I've been doing mostly stuff on my cars that I have ignored most of the winter. Pulled the battery out of the Durango and stuck a Miata battery in it, big hole little battery , but if it starts the thing twice there will be a new battery in there by night fall. Working on a scratch on the side light on the BMW , I have no idea how that got there but it will be gone by night fall also.

I finally received a new orthopedic apparatus for my right knee, makes me look like a pro football player. Helps some on uneven ground, we will see long term , kinda a hassle to put on with my regular jeans, running around with shorts now with the anticipation of spring and it ain't here yet. I'll see how much this helps with the cave in side movement on my knee on rough ground....Tedd
Old January 26th, 2023, 09:06 AM

[QUOTE=Tedd Thompson;1476421
I finally received a new orthopedic apparatus for my right knee, makes me look like a pro football player.
[/QUOTE]

Tedd - I sure hope the new brace works well at stabilizing your bad knee, especially on the uneven/rough ground. It's got to suck never knowing when it might go out on you! I was very lucky, playing 12-years of tackle football, including 4-years of college ball, and never had a knee injury! Now my neck and back, they're a different story!
Old January 26th, 2023, 03:45 PM

Chris/ What position did you play
Old January 26th, 2023, 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
Chris/ What position did you play
Jim - In Highschool I went to a pretty small school and they needed most of the better athletes to play both ways. I played Halfback and outside Linebacker. In College, I think mainly because of my size (5' 9" / 175lbs), they wanted me to play in a slot Receiver position. By my Junior year in College when I first started getting any substantial playing time, they did put a few running plays in the playbook for the slot Receiver to take advantage of my running experience. In addition to playing in the slotback Receiver position, I ran back kickoffs and punts starting in my Sophomore year, and continued through my Senior year.

I'm #48, standing/center

At Albion College's Sports Hall of Fame induction ceremony in 2005
Old January 26th, 2023, 05:36 PM

Chris, you are lucky you got out of that much football without something falling off. Sometimes it takes a while before arthritis and old injuries get together. Total I have had six complete replacements, they take their toll, each one takes a little something away from you. I've always been competitive, most likely to a fault, wrestled at a high level, made sixth in my weight class at the state finals, dislocated my shoulder to end that year, had my knee broken in three places in football, lead to a joint replacement down the road. Raced bikes never broke a bone but gave a lot of hide to the sport. When asked if I would do it all over again, NOPE has always been the answer. Drive faster cars, drink better booze, chase faster ladies and get out of bed like you were 19 is my answer... Tedd
Old January 26th, 2023, 05:42 PM
Running On Empty

Chris - Very nice induction award. Kudos.
Old January 26th, 2023, 06:08 PM

Originally Posted by Tedd Thompson
When asked if I would do it all over again, NOPE has always been the answer. Drive faster cars, drink better booze, chase faster ladies and get out of bed like you were 19 is my answer... Tedd
Tedd - I also played baseball, wrestled, and ran track. So yes, I was very lucky I never sustained a single injury that caused me to miss even a single game or meet in any sport. If asked if I would do it all again, my answer would be, in a heartbeat! Playing ball was the very best part of Highschool and College for me, I loved every second of it! I'm 63 now, and the aches and pains from that much physical abuse are definitely there, but I wouldn't trade the memories. You never know though, 10-years from now I may be singing a different tune?
Old January 26th, 2023, 06:17 PM

Chris - Very nice induction award. Kudos.
Norm - Thanks! That picture was taken at the induction banquet on Friday night before the Homecoming football game on Saturday. At the football game they trotted us all out on the field at halftime and introduced the induction class. My Mom, Brother, and Daughters were all able to attend both the banquet and game. The only bittersweet part of it all is that my Dad had already passed, and I would have never been there if it wasn't for him.
Old January 27th, 2023, 12:56 AM
Always room for one more

Four o'clock. That is all.

Old January 27th, 2023, 05:20 AM

Good morning guys,

Cold at 28°, but a beautiful sunrise and headed to a high around 50°, then 54° tomorrow. Sunday we're going the opposite direction with a high of around 34°, then even colder throughout the week.

Hard to believe but it's been a month now since the motorcycles and 4-4-2 have been started. Today or tomorrow will be the last nice days for awhile to fire them up and drive any accumulated moisture out so I'm going to try and get that done.

Still trying to get on the other side of this bug I've had for a week now. Feeling better again this morning after feeling like I had taken a step backwards yesterday.

Hope ya'll have a great day and start to your weekend!
Old January 27th, 2023, 07:52 AM
Always room for one more

We got off to a good start this morning and now we're finished. Yesterday the lead said the new senior vice president of Maintenance is going to visit our shop today, so we had to hurry to get done but we can't leave. Makes a lot of sense. If I were a betting man, I'd say the SVP will be a no-show. Well, it affords me time to sit around and I can still get to the Awful house.

Chris glad you're getting better, again. I know this song, the chorus goes "one step forward and two steps back, nobody gets too far like that." I have a tie just like that.

Just walked past the roll up door. It's sunny out but cold as a mother. I need to put on some big boy pants and do stuff outside. Got a couple errands to run this weekend.

Okay see ya.

Old January 27th, 2023, 09:24 AM

Originally Posted by slantflat
Chris glad you're getting better, again. I know this song, the chorus goes "one step forward and two steps back, nobody gets too far like that." I have a tie just like that.
Mike -Thanks! Hope the SVP either shows up quickly or they announce he's going to be a no show and cut you loose so you can get on with your weekend!
Old January 27th, 2023, 01:46 PM
Running On Empty

Pesto Rotini con Avocado...

Old January 27th, 2023, 02:13 PM

Looks absolutely delicious Norm! I'd love to have some of that pasta as a side for our main course tonight, New York Strips.
Old January 27th, 2023, 02:22 PM

It was beautiful today, sunny and 52°, so I did get the bikes and the 4-4-2 out and brought them all up to operating temp. Didn't take any pics of the car. I did take a video of the car running and was going to try to post it to YouTube so you guys could hear it running. The video did not turn out well as far as the sound because it was too windy and there was way too much blustery wind noise in.the background. I will try again another day when the wind is calm.
Old January 27th, 2023, 02:36 PM

Norm you sure slice avocados perfectly every time. How was the salmon with brown sugar
Old January 27th, 2023, 02:41 PM
Running On Empty

Jim - The brown sugar + butter + lemon sauce was delicious - a nice change of taste. Good suggestion. I have either two or three pieces of salmon remaining in the refrigerator. Those will be for dinner tomorrow.
Old January 27th, 2023, 02:45 PM
Running On Empty

Chris - I believed you when you said there are 10 to 12 different styles of homes from 4 different builders; I haven't seen any, yet. Whoever built the homes around you had a cookie cutter - they're all identical.
Old January 27th, 2023, 02:55 PM
Running On Empty

When I was a much younger person I read several DH Lawrence novels including Lady Chatterley's Lover (I thought the book was excellent). I watched the movie last night - oh baby...oh baby. 🔥❤️‍🔥♨️
Old January 27th, 2023, 03:20 PM
Always room for one more

The vice president was supposed to come by between 1030 and 11 this morning. At 1120 I asked the lead, where's the vice president? He said oh he won't be stopping in here. I said, okay, why are we still here? I got no answer and he turned and walked away. How rude. We left right at 12, after sitting around two hours. I don't care if someone is a shitty lead or a shitty person, but when you're both you got some serious problems.

Beautiful day today, got to around 50. I puttered in the garage a little bit before heading to Mom's. We just ate dinner so now I'm in the midst of laundry. Fun.

Old January 27th, 2023, 03:22 PM

Chris - I believed you when you said there are 10 to 12 different styles of homes from 4 different builders; I haven't seen any, yet. Whoever built the homes around you had a cookie cutter - they're all identical.
Norm - I realize it might look that way at a quick glance. Here are several different ones all
within 2 houses if me. Both sides of the street.

Mine

Directly across the street.

Kitty corner across the street.

Two houses down across the street.

Next door neighbor to my right.

Last edited by Dream67Olds442; January 27th, 2023 at 03:31 PM.
Old January 27th, 2023, 03:40 PM
Running On Empty

Originally Posted by Dream67Olds442
Norm - I realize it might look that way at a quick glance. Here are several different ones all
within 2 houses if me. Both sides of the street.
Thanks, I can now sleep at night.
Old January 27th, 2023, 05:11 PM
Always room for one more

I like the stacked stone look. And the tapered columns. What do you call them, py-laaasters?

Laundry is done, MASH is over. Gonna look at this thing a little longer then head for home. Gotta get up and get moving in the morning.

Old January 27th, 2023, 05:16 PM

Well, I'm glad we put that dead horse in the ground!

Mega New York Strip, Cracker Barrel White Cheddar Mac and Cheese, and Green Beans. Nothing I love more than a good medium rare steak!
Old January 27th, 2023, 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by slantflat
I like the stacked stone look. And the tapered columns.
Mike - Definitely 2 of my favorite homes in here too! They make mine look plain.

Sorry they jerked you guy's chain with the supposed visit from the SVP! Makes you wonder if there ever really was a planned visit or the whole thing was a ruse from the get-go?
Old January 27th, 2023, 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by Dream67Olds442

So you gonna cook that steak before eating it or what?
Old January 27th, 2023, 06:08 PM

Originally Posted by Fun71
So you gonna cook that steak before eating it or what?
Believe it or not, it's been broiled 7-minutes on each side. However, it is pretty thick, and still pretty bloody, but the center is at least nice and warm! Just the way I like it!
Old January 27th, 2023, 06:13 PM

They appear to be variations on a theme.
Old January 27th, 2023, 06:37 PM