The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old January 21st, 2023, 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by Vintage Chief
And, exactly why would it not be trusted?
Norm - Honestly, I don't know for sure, and don't have any specific sources to back-up what I said. I guess just because I've heard or read multiple times there can be a fair amount of false positives/negatives. I have absolutely no statistics at hand to back-up why I think that???
Old January 21st, 2023, 05:22 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Today flip flopped between getting things done and a wasted day. I slept in a little, lollygagged around, went and mailed some bills and came over to Mom's to put some chairs together that I had gotten last night. They are actually pretty nice. Cleaned up in the back room a little and did the laundry. I'd call today a win.

Chris I hope you get over what ails you. I'd go with the test. But regardless, you don't want to give anyone whatever you do have. Hole up in the man cave with a hot toddy.

Supposed to rain tonight which means it will be gross tomorrow. I got some finish nails, I could start putting pictures up in my house. Doesn't matter the order, I can figure that out later. My house is so dull. I need some visual excitement.

Hope everyone has a good evening.

Old January 21st, 2023, 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by slantflat
Hi everyone.

Chris I hope you get over what ails you. I'd go with the test. But regardless, you don't want to give anyone whatever you do have. Hole up in the man cave with a hot toddy.
Mike - Thanks for the kind words about trying to get over this bug. I have felt pretty crappy most of the day and will probably retire early. I didn't go to my Grandson's ballgame because I felt so lousy, plus like you mentioned, I certainly didn't want to give it to any of them. I hope you have a productive and enjoyable day tomorrow!
Old January 22nd, 2023, 02:31 AM

Ken. it sounds like you know exactly what I'm talking about. Oh well I guess I'll just ad it to my list of things I don't fit into now a days. SSometimes I think it was better when we had a work phone- that line was for serious stuff.....
Old January 22nd, 2023, 06:42 AM

Poke chops stuffed with feta,black beans and rice, fried pineapple

Old January 22nd, 2023, 06:44 AM
Running On Empty

Jim - Nice combination - looks good.
Old January 22nd, 2023, 06:52 AM

Jim - Nice combination - looks good.
^^^x2^^^ I like to stuff my butterfly chops with a bunch of cornbread dressing so it can soak up that good 'ol Pork grease.
Old January 22nd, 2023, 11:09 AM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Just got back from Walmart. Not as bad as last week but I still could do without it. I'll probably have to go to Publix some time this week, as wm was out of a couple things Mom wanted.

Five days this week. Who wants to do that. Not expecting anything earth shattering, so I hope things are smooth sailing.

Well, have a good afternoon everyone.

Old January 22nd, 2023, 01:13 PM

Sole meuniere with the taters Norm spelled correctly

Old January 22nd, 2023, 02:35 PM
Running On Empty

Jim - Looks delicious - fit for a Miller's Wife. I love lemon + butter sauce with any herb seasonings. Did you use Dover sole?

EDIT: I just enlarged the photo - are those capers?
Old January 22nd, 2023, 03:39 PM

Jim - Looks delicious - fit for a Miller's Wife. I love lemon + butter sauce with any herb seasonings. Did you use Dover sole?

EDIT: I just enlarged the photo - are those capers?
Yes i thought Id try a few capers normally i leave them off I like the lemon flavors w/o the capers
Old January 22nd, 2023, 05:22 PM
Running On Empty

Jim - I can understand the relationship between capers & lemon butter. I could go either without or with the capers; but, I find capers are a nice compliment for many seafood dishes. I enjoy capers.
Old January 23rd, 2023, 03:24 AM

My wife sz I am old fashion about entertainment- I agree. I watch old reruns of Andy Griffith, westerns etc. The other night wife put on a new TV series starring Harrison Ford -1923-. We started to watch it until a Nun (teacher) started hitting a teenage girl on her hands, then girl beat the living crap out of the Nun, Then girl and teacher were taken to the head priest and he beat the crap out of both of them!!! I couldn't watch anymore. What is up with shows today!!??? sadistic - Enuff of that....
-- Yesterday went over and changed rear brake hose on Cutlass. It was cold and I decided all I would do was jack car higher than it was so I could reach hose- up above left muffler.. But after looking at what a PIA it was going to be I started on it. WOW it went great!! Easy peesy... So today I plan to go over and turn on heat and pack front wheel bearings, change both front brake hoses and calipers. I think I am also going to repaint the SSIII wheels while off. I see you can get basecoat/clearcoat paint in a spray can now. I might try that.
Old January 23rd, 2023, 04:41 AM
Jeff

Originally Posted by Greg Rogers
My wife sz I am old fashion about entertainment- I agree. I watch old reruns of Andy Griffith, westerns etc. The other night wife put on a new TV series starring Harrison Ford -1923-. We started to watch it until a Nun (teacher) started hitting a teenage girl on her hands, then girl beat the living crap out of the Nun, Then girl and teacher were taken to the head priest and he beat the crap out of both of them!!! I couldn't watch anymore. What is up with shows today!!??? sadistic - Enuff of that....
Historical accuracy. My wife's maternal side is Native American, and the Catholic Church & federal gov't did some awful stuff.
Old January 23rd, 2023, 06:49 AM

Originally Posted by Weezer
Historical accuracy. My wife's maternal side is Native American, and the Catholic Church & federal gov't did some awful stuff.
W/o getting into politics or religion, that maybe the understatement of the century
Old January 23rd, 2023, 08:49 AM

I do not watch TV. Every program is pushing some narrative or woke agenda. I rarely watch movies. Most of my entertainment is youtube videos these days, either documentaries, or live action of a business.
Old January 23rd, 2023, 09:37 AM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Not moving real fast today, the shop that is, but I'm not fussed. I have a good wall guy but he's a little slow anyway. I have a good robot guy, but he's a little slow, too. I've told these guys they need to step it up a little, but it's the lead's place to do that. Apparently the lead is happy with their performance.

My TV watching these days consists of Emergency! and MASH. And the occasional Dr. Pol. That guy does some gross stuff.

Gotta stop in to the doctor on the way home. They have walk in hours on Mondays and Wednesdays. I'm getting awful tired of this office and their switching hours all the time. It seems anymore any doctors office won't do late appointments. Mom has to rely on me to take her to the doctor, but I can't get her there before 330 in the afternoon. None of her doctors will make an appointment that late. I told one little girl that their office hours sucked and not everyone can take a day off work so they can go home early. I was dismissed. I told another chair warmer that if I didn't get a late appointment I'd find another doctor. That one seemed to work. I got the late appointment with an eye-roll, to which I simply replied, brilliant. So much for service.

I need to find someone to replace my back kitchen door. The sliding glass door that's there now, the wheels are all chewed up and it doesn't slide very easily, plus, when the gutters leaked it rotted out the doorway and the adjacent wall. So all that needs to be fixed. I think I'm gonna put in a regular door and a window next to it. I'm not a big fan of sliding glass doors.

Okay things seem to be picking up . Hope everyone has a good afternoon.

Old January 23rd, 2023, 10:08 AM

Greg - I agree, the level of brutality and violence seen in 1923 is pretty hard to stomach in many scenes! It is pretty much at the same level in the mini-series "1883", which like 1923, are both prequels to the blockbuster series "Yellowstone" which came out first, and is still ongoing. My wife and I have watched Yellowstone, and enjoyed it despite the level of violence. The thing we enjoy most in Yellowstone are the horse/horsemanship scenes. There are just some amazing scenes of Western Cutting Horses and riders in the show. The shows creator/writer/producer, Taylor Sheridan, grew up on a ranch in Texas, and now owns 2 ranches in Texas himself, and is a true Cowboy. He also plays a role in Yellowstone, and is also the creator/writer/producer of 1883 and 1923. I agree with Jeff, I think the level of violence and brutality shown in 1883 and 1923, is an attempt to accurately depict the true nature of life and events of the respective Eras, but also agree it is pretty over the top. JMO

Last edited by Dream67Olds442; January 23rd, 2023 at 10:13 AM.
Old January 23rd, 2023, 10:31 AM

Norm Mr. Hernandez [ my Cuban helper] had to correct my lousy Spanish/Cuban. In the Camerones the sauce isn't called Sofrito its called Enchilada . Your ensalada may be a different dish
Old January 23rd, 2023, 10:52 AM

Hi guys,

Still fighting the bug I've got, but think I'm turning the corner. My sore throat and congestion I have was not as bad when I woke up this morning as they were on Saturday and Sunday. If it was worse, or if I didn't see some improvement today, I was thinking I might need a Strep test. Keeping my 🤞!

No big plans for today. Wife and I both have our annual eye appts. tomorrow. Hoping that goes smoothly because we're going to a new location. It's the same provider (Clarkson Eyecare) but the Optamologist that is now at the old location is not "In Network" for our insurance. What the hell kind of sense does that make, but that's how it is???

Hope all of you have a great day!
Old January 23rd, 2023, 01:27 PM

Chris Schmaltz is the only cure [ in large quantities]
Old January 23rd, 2023, 02:03 PM

Mike funny you mentioned Dr Pol. My sister lives over in that area and takes her dogs to him. One time she was in there and the film crew was filming. Sis thought she was gonna be one TV but wasn't. I didn't know what that 1923 show was about. I just sat down and saw the beating- very realistic I must say- and felt sick about it. I don't need depressing fiction- the daily news shows are depressing enough!
Old January 23rd, 2023, 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
Jim - Honestly had to look that term up. The proverbial "Chicken Soup" remedy. I know for sure I'm turning the corner now, since I'm feeling even better this afternoon than I did when I first got up this morning. Even had the energy to drag my tired old **** to the cold basement to do my workout. Thanks for the suggestion though!
Old January 23rd, 2023, 03:14 PM
Always room for one more

Greg tell her to keep watching. They film a lot and mix and match, so if she was on camera it may be edited in down the road.

I tell you what, my doctors office has turned into a bunch of clowns. The doctors whose names are on the door aren't there anymore, it's some corporate BS. Walk in hours are Monday and Wednesday 10 to 345. So I went in today. It was the first time to see my new doctor. He wouldn't fill my prescription because he hadn't seen me before. Hm. I'm here now. They wanted me to make an appointment and come back. I said no. Then I could see the nurse practitioner, who's a doctor anyway(in her case) and all she did was yammer on about something unrelated. Well, at least I got the prescription, but she wants me to come back in three months. The medicine is for 6 months, what's the point? I told them I'd have to get back to them. Sheesh.

My neighbor used to make me soup when I was sick. She would leave it by my front door and call me because she didn't want to catch whatever I had. I swear to you after I ate the soup I was better the next day. I called it Magic Soup. It was actually chicken noodle and something else in it, but she'd put it in this metal pot and the lid would dog down. I said I don't care what it is, it's magic. Boy do I miss her. I miss them both.

Okay dinner is done, it was spaghetti which was yummy. MASH is on in a little bit then we go home, go to bed, and get up and do it all over again. But hey the pressure is off, Monday is over.

Have a good evening everyone.

Old January 23rd, 2023, 03:33 PM
Running On Empty

Norm Mr. Hernandez [ my Cuban helper] had to correct my lousy Spanish/Cuban. In the Camerones the sauce isn't called Sofrito its called Enchilada . Your ensalada may be a different dish
Jim - It's a salad, Jim - a salad "Ensalada de camarones"
Old January 23rd, 2023, 03:42 PM

Jim - It's a salad, Jim - a salad "Ensalada de camarones"
I know you're going to find this hard to believe but I read it wrong
Old January 23rd, 2023, 03:51 PM
Running On Empty

Had a literal whirlwind golf game - 20mph winds gusting 30mph - 35mph temps. ~54°F (windchill = nippy). Picked up an 8' stick of window trim @ Lowe's then headed to Harris-Teeter for another one hour of grocery shopping. Purchased an a$$ load of great grub - some of which I intend to consume this evening. I read Mosquito Coast (Harrison Ford, Helen Mirren) years before they released the original movie. I thought they did a good job of depicting the character development of the novel. My H.S. classmate/friend (Mary) has been the marketing/management director for Harrison Ford his entire career.

Mary (on the left - obviously) w/ Aaron Paul (who took the selfie w/ Mary's phone) at the Grammy's, Emmy's, or whatever (2015) it was (I can't recall).

Old January 23rd, 2023, 03:52 PM
Running On Empty

I know you're going to find this hard to believe but I read it wrong
No worries - I suspected you read it as enchilada rather than ensalada. It's all good.
Old January 23rd, 2023, 04:03 PM
Running On Empty

Chris - I caught a case of Strep throat ~25 - 30 years ago (I was living in Milwaukee, WI during my blood research tenure). I thought I was too old to catch Strep. OMG was it miserable. Walked into the hospital across from my workplace (same medical center campus), explained my symptoms to the GOOD LOOKING female M.D. indicating I didn't think we needed to wait on a culture, she agreed & offered up some oral antibiotics. I explained my background to her suggesting it was my belief a Penicillin injection would be far better than an oral regimen of antibiotics. She completely agreed and stated she can't talk patients into taking the injection. I enjoyed dropping my britches for her. That syringe is ice cold and LONG.
Old January 23rd, 2023, 04:39 PM
Running On Empty

Heading into oven - Sockeye Salmon...

Old January 23rd, 2023, 05:01 PM
Running On Empty

Old January 23rd, 2023, 05:20 PM
Running On Empty

Love Schmaltz w/ Matzah *****
Old January 23rd, 2023, 05:50 PM
Running On Empty

Old January 23rd, 2023, 06:13 PM

Oh boy does that Salmon look tasty! One of my all time favorite fish dishes. Brings back a ton of great memories too, Salmon fishing with my Dad when I was younger. Nothing better than fresh fileted Salmon blackened in a cast iron skillet on the bank of the river!
Old January 24th, 2023, 04:09 AM

Norm My invitation to the salmon feast must e lost in the mail What is the topping
Old January 24th, 2023, 04:10 AM

Guys, I put a thread under "paint" about my wheels. Tell me what you think, Thanks Greg.
Old January 24th, 2023, 04:52 AM
Running On Empty

Jim - Extra virgin olive oil, salt, cracked black pepper, minced garlic, Italian Herb seasoning blend & lemon.
Old January 24th, 2023, 05:16 AM
Running On Empty

Guys, I put a thread under "paint" about my wheels. Tell me what you think, Thanks Greg.
Greg - I responded...
https://classicoldsmobile.com/forums...8/#post1476035
Old January 24th, 2023, 05:20 AM
Running On Empty

Greg - Found them on Amazon previously - I think the big box stores have them in stock, as well.
https://www.amazon.com/Preval-0225-2-Pack/dp/B00CW809ZO/ref=sr_1_2?crid=3GXZUG72L6UGM&keywords=preval+sprayer&qid=1674566324&sprefix=preval+spray+gun%2Caps%2C69&sr=8-2 https://www.amazon.com/Preval-0225-2-Pack/dp/B00CW809ZO/ref=sr_1_2?crid=3GXZUG72L6UGM&keywords=preval+sprayer&qid=1674566324&sprefix=preval+spray+gun%2Caps%2C69&sr=8-2
Old January 24th, 2023, 06:56 AM

Jim - Extra virgin olive oil, salt, cracked black pepper, minced garlic, Italian Herb seasoning blend & lemon.
Norm I like mine with brown sugar/butter and white wine a la Taku Lodge Alaska. Question Are you having a party or cook some extra fro the week