The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old August 10th, 2022, 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by 1969w3155
Jim, now your truck won't be numbers matching Chris, I am impressed of how much the pic taking quality of cell phones has evolved, it won't be long before they will be able to do quality telephoto shots. Cut my grass yesterday, appllied weed killer, and decided to check out the humming bird feeder to see if it needed refilling (I keep a fresh batch of sugarwater in the fridge). So I remove the feeder from the sheppards hook and set it on the grass to unscrew the two pieces that make it up, and to refill it, when I hear a BBBBRRRRRRR near my right side. I turned my head slightly, and within arms reach is a humming bird, looking right at me, how cool I thought. First time that I was close enough to one to hear it. I had three of them visiting the feeder up until dusk.
Dan - I should have mentioned that you could barely see that deer with the naked eye, and barely see that it was a buck. We have a hummingbird feeder right outside our walkout basement door. It is located literally 3-ft from a chair that's sitting right outside the door. The hummingbirds have really been swarming it this summer and my wife has gotten several close-ups. They are such cool creatures!
Old August 10th, 2022, 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by 1969w3155
Jim, now your truck won't be numbers matching .
Yeah Well I'm not gonna slit my wrist over that. When I read the jeep forums and find guys wanting the original pyrene fire extinguisher [that doesn't work] to have been made with a serial number matching the year the jeep was made. I seriously think some people need to find a life

Mike, Told me the other day that in the model A clubs that if two cars are so 'Perfect" the judges can't determine 1st prize. the start checking bolt torque. IMHO that's crazyi

i I used to know a Delta pilot that washed his car before it entered his garage. I caught him once waxing his outside A/c unit

Old August 10th, 2022, 02:33 PM
Running On Empty

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
Yeah Well I'm not gonna slit my wrist over that. When I read the jeep forums and find guys wanting the original pyrene fire extinguisher [that doesn't work] to have been made with a serial number matching the year the jeep was made. I seriously think some people need to find a life

Mike, Told me the other day that in the model A clubs that if two cars are so 'Perfect" the judges can't determine 1st prize. the start checking bolt torque. IMHO that's crazy
You often see the same crazies here on CO.
Old August 10th, 2022, 02:37 PM
Running On Empty

There was recently a car (somewhere) which went for $500K at auction w/ 14 miles on the odometer. I wouldn't buy that car for that amount of money (if I had it to spend) unless they could guarantee/validate it had the original factory oils in the engine, transmission & differential - I'm just picky that way.
🤣😜😛😜🤣😫
Old August 10th, 2022, 02:39 PM
Running On Empty

Old August 11th, 2022, 06:44 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

I think the ridiculously hot weather is giving us a break. It's actually nice driving in in the mornings, and not stifling hot in the afternoons. Of course we've had rain every day for the last 200 years. Seems like it anyway.

Slow going this morning. I had a whopping 5 wheels signed by break. My guest robot man is slow as molasses but the lead loves him so he just carries on and nothing is said to him. Hey I'm not the one who has to explain to the higher ups that we're not reaching our unrealistic goal.

Happy Birthday Linda Vaughn. She's probably pretty old but I wouldn't kick her out of bed for eating crackers. Just looked this up she's 78. This is also the day I got my driver's license, in 1983.

I was keeping my big mower in the basement but it made the whole house smell like gasoline. So now it's outside under the porch. The porch is covered so it's safe and dry, but as soon as I get a lock on my little barn, and chase all the cockroaches out, it will go out there. It will be easier to access as well, since to get to it now I have to disassemble Tiger's fence.

Okay I guess I'll read more Wikipedia. Geez this is going to be a long day. Have a good day everyone.

Old August 11th, 2022, 07:05 AM

Originally Posted by slantflat
Good morning everyone.
Happy Birthday Linda Vaughn. She's probably pretty old but I wouldn't kick her out of bed for eating crackers. Just looked this up she's 78. This is also the day I got my driver's license, in 1983.
Mike - So, is today your B-day? If so, I hope you have a great one! Also, if you were born in '67, you're the same age as my wife!
Old August 11th, 2022, 07:17 AM

Spent most of yesterday rebuilding door cards again for the MP, second or third time, maybe finish today. Granddaughter is scheduled to help out with housework, but I never know if she will make it, two kids and a full time job, house really needs it. Guess I could sweep and mop floors rather than work on the MP... Tedd
Old August 11th, 2022, 07:23 AM

Hippie Bath day Mike
Old August 11th, 2022, 07:35 AM
Running On Empty

Mike - HBD
Tedd - Wait on the granddaughter

Felt like donkey dong last night before bed and this morning. COVID-19 test this morning is negative. I have a new in-line transmission cooler filter in the man-cave & a new transmission filter arriving via UPS w/in the hour. Think I'll head out to buy some Ford Mercon LV ATF then change both filters today.
Old August 11th, 2022, 07:41 AM
Always room for one more

Well thanks you guys but my birthday is in June. This is just the day I got my license is all. I'm surprised I remember this so well. It was 8 days after my Dad died. My sister had gotten married a month prior, and she and her then new dumbass husband had to go to the driver's license place and they said they'd take me. I took the test in my Mom's 81 Caprice Classic. Didn't do all that hot but must have been good enough. It was probably a couple weeks after I got my blue slip, having taken driver's ed in summer school. One of two times I was in school on my birthday.

Hm. I hadn't thought about all that in a long time.
Old August 11th, 2022, 07:43 AM

Good morning guys,
Beautiful morning, sunshine and 68° when I went out to the garage to detail on my car for the show this weekend. Really nice to be working in the garage and not be sweating like a pig!

So, Jim has let the cat out of the bag, Happy B-day 🥳 Mike!

Spent the last half hour on our deck enjoying my coffee and watching a huge Red-tailed Hawk perched on a utility connection conduit on the empty lot directly behind our house. Snapped some pretty decent pics of him for it being just a phone camera. Pics in flight were clipped from video mode when I captured him on takeoff. What beautiful creatures!

Hope everyone has a great day, especially Mike!

Last edited by Dream67Olds442; August 11th, 2022 at 09:07 AM.
Old August 11th, 2022, 01:11 PM
Running On Empty

UPS is running late - hopefully trans filter will arrive in next 15'. Changed out oil-line trans cooler filter back-flushed oil cooler lines. I did a trans flush at ~120K miles...full ATF replacement (~20qts.). 188K on the odometer currently. I'm going to measure what I took out this time, really only interested in changing filters this time. Looks like I got out ~10qts - 12qts. I've satisfied w/ that. Where's my trans filter?
Old August 11th, 2022, 01:16 PM
Running On Empty

Woo Hoo. Trans filter arrived.
Old August 11th, 2022, 04:17 PM
Running On Empty

Originally Posted by Vintage Chief
Mike - HBD
This statement has been retracted...
Old August 11th, 2022, 04:28 PM
Running On Empty

I buttoned up the F250 diesel tractor, added a quart of Lucas Oil Stablilizer (I changed the oil ~3 weeks ago) to the engine, added some Lucas Fuel Injector Cleaner/Stabilizer, changed out both trans filters, took for a 10mile ride, no leaks, deal is done.
'71 CS convertible 350 cid mechanical fuel pump arrives tomorrow via USPS from RA. Could rain tomorrow, might not rain, but then it could rain, honestly I don't really care. If it does rain, I won't play golf. USPS mail arrives ~5pm here. I'll remove the AC compressor brackets & the fuel pump instead while waiting on the new fuel pump to arrive later in the day.
Old August 11th, 2022, 05:09 PM

Well thanks you guys but my birthday is in June.
In that case, happy belated birthday.
Old August 12th, 2022, 07:01 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Thanks Dan I appreciate that. No one ever wonders why I say I'm starting another trip around the sun?

The morning is going quite swimmingly. Some people stayed over last night to do some extra wheels, and this morning the overtime people signed 26. We've been tootling along and I got my good robot guy back. I should have close to 30 by lunch, hopefully we aren't here much past noon.

Norm you're moving right along. I'd say keeping that guy running saves you about 80K.

Supposed to be nice this weekend. I'll be driving to Orlando and back.

Okay one last push before lunch, hope everyone has a good Friday.

Old August 12th, 2022, 07:11 AM

Originally Posted by slantflat
Good morning everyone.
Supposed to be nice this weekend. I'll be driving to Orlando and back.

Okay one last push before lunch, hope everyone has a good Friday.
Mike - Hope you get out early and beat the traffic. Safe travels!
Old August 12th, 2022, 07:39 AM
Running On Empty

Mike - You’re correct regarding savings. I’ll never purchase a new truck again. An engine is ~$11K a trans is ~$5K less expensive than a new truck.

Have a good trip to Orlando.
Old August 12th, 2022, 03:50 PM
Always room for one more

Got out of work around 1 and hit the Awful house. My one friend had a lady friend with him who was absolutely awful. Opinionated, rude, closed minded, a typical woman I'd say but times 10. Next time I see her there I think I'll keep going.

The Orlando trip starts early tomorrow morning. Tonight I have half the house to try to take apart and cram into the car. My sister's suggestion was to rent a bigger car. I suggested to her that she not have any more suggestions. I'm not made of money like she is.

Beautiful evening out, not too hot and not humid and the sun is out and it hasn't rained today. Did a little bit of mowing, finished up what I started yesterday. The yard is actually looking better.

Gotta start trying to plan a trip out to Reno. I haven't been out to my museum in over a year. I don't want them to forget me! I really enjoy doing menial things to the cars, like dust them, air up the tires, etc. I mean, who else can say they put air in a Tucker's tire? Or sat in the one of one Phantom Corsair? I'll have to pick a car to badger the curator about. Some of those cars haven't moved in 30 years. Death by museum I call it.

Well have a good evening everyone.

Old August 12th, 2022, 04:04 PM
Running On Empty

Mike - I always wondered what happened to the Phantom. Long ago I think someone told me it was in private collector's museum in Florida. Now I know. It's a crazy car with a unique history. There weren't many cars ever built with a Lycoming engine that's for sure.
Old August 12th, 2022, 06:05 PM

Chicago's Home Run Inn pizza, Italian Sausage and extra cheese. Throw on a little Parmigiano Cheese and some crushed red pepper and you've got a whole lotta YUM!
Old August 12th, 2022, 06:53 PM
Running On Empty

Chris - Looks delicious. OMG
Old August 12th, 2022, 09:11 PM
Banned

Been going through a tough ordeal,sexual harrassment.Not by a co worker,a parts delivery guy.Luckily boss called the place,they fired him on the spot.I am not the only one he did it to as well,did it to 3 other women too.I see a therapist on Tuesday.This ex parts delivery guy was arrested too.Started yesterday
Old August 13th, 2022, 01:32 AM
GCH

Originally Posted by Dream67Olds442

Chicago's Home Run Inn pizza, Italian Sausage and extra cheese. Throw on a little Parmigiano Cheese and some crushed red pepper and you've got a whole lotta YUM!
Now i,m getting hungry maybe we should have pizza for lunch today . Took a morning swim at the local beach
close to us and this was refreshing , should be about 29 C here today and tomorrow .
Old August 13th, 2022, 03:57 AM

Originally Posted by Dream67Olds442

Thanks Chris now I have to go shopping...
Old August 13th, 2022, 04:10 AM

Daughter in laws mother died Monday. Her visitation was Thurs and funeral yesterday. This was not unexpected, she had Parkinson's for 22 years. Still it is a shocker when it actually happens. One granddaughter is very clingy and distraught to my wife and I ( especially Linda- her other gran.) It brings back memories of when I lost my first Grandparent- It actually is a tough time for a kid- you know it's coming but still, it's a shocker. Well Janet was a great woman, The Catholic funeral Mass was great, The Priest knew Janet personally for many years, They had communion but other than that it was all about Janet as it should be. One of my biggest peeves is when I go to a funeral and the preacher tries to convert the congregation! This one wasn't like that..
OK, going to Gilmore - Hickory Corners tomorrow for the Model T driving deal. Sorry I won't see you there Dan. Yep, this summer is just like every other- flies by!!
Old August 13th, 2022, 06:45 AM

Norm, Glenn, and Keith - Sounds like we have a bunch of pizza lovers just like me. I know Norm remembers this, but Walmart and Sam's Club's sells these Chicago's Home Run Inn frozen pizzas. I'd rather have fresh pizza, but in a pinch these are really good for frozen.

Greg - Really sorry to hear about your DIL's mother. There's never anything easy about losing a loved one, even when you know it's coming. I hope you have a blast at the Gilmore driving the the Model T, that's a bucket list type of opportunity.

Got the cruise-in at the local Burger King only 3-miles from me this evening to go to. Then the judged show in Ste. Genevieve tomorrow morning, that's about a 50-mile drive. Should be a fun car event weekend.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Last edited by Dream67Olds442; August 13th, 2022 at 06:48 AM.
Old August 13th, 2022, 07:18 AM
Running On Empty

Chris - I think I’ve seen that pizza in Wally World. I hardly ever venture into Wally World but next time I’m going to make a point to find them. Yummy.
Old August 13th, 2022, 07:44 AM
Running On Empty

Trivia - After finishing my undergrad I worked for the NPS as a research biologist on The Buffalo National River (BNR) in Arkansas - I wrote a grant which was accepted with three years funding. I resided in an old homestead house acquired by the NPS when the area became a National River. I traveled up/down the BNR during three sampling seasons (1981-1983). I never met Sam Walton but I ran into Sam and members of the Walton family on several occasions. I lived in the woods outside Jasper, AR. Sam had a home between Jasper and Harrison, AR (BNR Headquarters) about 1/2 mile off Route 7 close to Dogpatch. He’d sometimes bring his grandkids to this really, really local ice cream stand where I’d see him sometimes since I stopped there sometimes. I’m talking in the middle of nowhere folks. Those were good memories, I loved living down the road from Dogpatch.
Old August 13th, 2022, 10:59 AM

Eat your hearts out. My buddy in the mountains just brought me a peck basket of silver Queen corm fresh off the stalks in his garden
Old August 13th, 2022, 11:54 AM

Eat your hearts out. My buddy in the mountains just brought me a peck basket of silver Queen corm fresh off the stalks in his garden
Man, I'm jealous, that's gonna be good eatin!
Old August 13th, 2022, 12:49 PM
Running On Empty

Jim - Looks delicious. Looks like your doors are working out well.
Old August 13th, 2022, 12:50 PM

Been going through a tough ordeal,sexual harrassment.Not by a co worker,a parts delivery guy.Luckily boss called the place,they fired him on the spot.I am not the only one he did it to as well,did it to 3 other women too.I see a therapist on Tuesday.This ex parts delivery guy was arrested too.Started yesterday
Sorry to hear that, good that your boss and his, took appropiate action. Greg, that happened when my sister passed, she spent a lot of time volunteering at her church, and the minister made it about the "sermon of the week". I was quite annoyed to say the least. Have fun at the Gilmore. The Coopersville car show was rained out, too bad as it usually has 500-600 cars. Running out of the car show season, only a couple more that I can think of to go to. Fresh corn, yum.
Old August 13th, 2022, 01:19 PM

Chicken shish kabob, garden [Better Boy] tomatoes and Silver Queen ear # 1 of 3 [cause i love corn] I tried something different. Nuke the whole ear [not shucked] 4 minutes

Came out very good and easy to shuck but HOT as a $2.00 pistol

Norm, speaking of Walmart. The other day, I picked up [in the prepared food section] a bag of 12 pork tamales. I don't think i ever seen them anyway but 1] Home made 2] canned. These were pretty good, Not great but a whole lot better than canned
Old August 13th, 2022, 02:01 PM
Running On Empty

Norm, speaking of Walmart. The other day, I picked up [in the prepared food section] a bag of 12 pork tamales. I don't think i ever seen them anyway but 1] Home made 2] canned. These were pretty good, Not great but a whole lot better than canned
I'm a sucker for a good tamale - love them. I'll need to keep that in mind. Now, I have both pizza and tamales to look for next time I'm in Wally World.
The absolute best tamales I've ever eaten I purchased from street vendors in Southern Mexico, Panama, Peru, Bolivia & Costa Rica. A half dozen tamales & a couple cerbezas. Fun watching them prepare & roll them then putting them into their stoked-up steamer cart.
Old August 13th, 2022, 02:07 PM
Running On Empty

I'm also a sucker for fresh steamed Garbanzo beans (which some call Chick Peas - same thing). Again, street-vendors in Central & South America make the best.
Old August 13th, 2022, 02:10 PM
Running On Empty

Originally Posted by A car lady
Sounds like you work for a good place. Most places might simply turn their head the other way.
Old August 13th, 2022, 02:13 PM
Running On Empty

I didn't quite make it removing the AC compressor yesterday for the fuel pump on the '71 CS. It was the first thing I did this morning. I have the new fuel pump installed just need to re-install the AC compressor bracket and button things up. Back out to the man-cave I go.....