The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old August 5th, 2022, 04:30 PM
Running On Empty

Originally Posted by Tedd Thompson
Can't I be a pain in the *** and a happy camper? I mean, with me, you get two for the price of one. I now can wash and dry my own clothes in my own house. Thanks, Frank, for giving me help dragging said hardware through the garage and into its cubbyhole..Tedd
He'll be expecting a well thought out Hot Rod game plan in return for his efforts.
Old August 5th, 2022, 05:58 PM

Please don't tell me none of you have never spent the day picking Thimbleberries?
Nope, never had 'em. I've picked cherries, raspberries, blueberries and blackberries, but not them.
Old August 5th, 2022, 06:58 PM
Running On Empty

Dan - They’re quite tasty. No thorns & no prickles. About 4’ - 6’ bush. Native to the U.P. Very good for pies & jellies.

Have you picked morels?
Old August 5th, 2022, 07:11 PM
Running On Empty

I am so very glad to be finished with the diesel tractor. What a difference in performance, as well. PCM/ECM had to learn new shifting gateways. Tire leak on LH rear came from the plug I did several months ago. Removed old plug, lathered up a new plug with some extra rubber glue & torched old fashioned way. I think this one is going to hold. Tomorrow’s cleanup day and return manifold gauges for refund.
Old August 5th, 2022, 07:57 PM

Hi guys,

Went to that big cruise-in at the Church tonight. Big turnout and great cars. A whole bunch of pics (3 sets) can be seen here:
https://classicoldsmobile.com/forums...9&goto=newpost
Old August 6th, 2022, 06:56 AM

Off to Cars and Coffee this morning with the Money Pit, I think I'll park next to the Mimi group, and we can talk about all the things that need to be fixed on our rides. Call them Mimies if you want, but they are just BMW's in disguise. I'll get a few pictures if I see something unusual. All have a good morning... Tedd
Old August 6th, 2022, 10:10 AM

Good afternoon guys,

Got in from mowing around 1130, it's a soopy mess out there at 90° with 70% humidity. I'm pooped.

Car Show tomorrow morning at the Amvets in DeSoto, MO. I always enjoy going to shows sponsored by veterans organizations. Gonna be a hot one though, I think they're forecasting around 96°. Looks like there's a fair amount of shade to be had though.

Hope y'all have a great day!
Old August 6th, 2022, 06:23 PM
Banned

Fixed a neighbor's loader this morning,he had a guy replace a hydraulic hose on Thursday.I found a fitting loose not tightened down all the way tightening it up.It leaked there.Handed me $50.00 for fixing it.
Old August 7th, 2022, 04:26 AM

Dan, going to Gilmore next Sunday August 14 for the Model T thing at 1330. Should be a good time, I haven't been there in a while so I think we will go early and look around in the morning. Hope to see you.
The meeting was good with the lake people. Had 40 or so. I don't think we will stop it. The county wants a special assessment we haven't had in the past. This opens up the door for future increases, etc. OK to long a story to get into here.
You guys ever heard of The Jimmy Dean swap meet, car show, event? In northern Indiana, September.. I am going to check it out, maybe take old truck to it.
Old August 7th, 2022, 02:00 PM

Norm, never been morel hunting. Greg, dang, if it were Saturday I'd be there, But I plan on working the 14th. Pics from the Red Barns Spectacular, it was hot 'n muggy. https://photos.app.goo.gl/PTmVogEFJJkzTv4A8
Old August 7th, 2022, 03:02 PM

Hi guys,

Back from the car show at the Amvets at 1630. Boy was it miserably hot, 96° with 70% humidity. I had shade all day to sit in, but it was still steamy. They had a BOP class (all years) so I put my car in that. Two places for each class, trophy for 1st and plaque for 2nd. I took 2nd place, beaten by a very nice '70 GTO.

It was a fun show and great day!
Hope everyone had a great one too!
Old August 7th, 2022, 06:25 PM

Congrats Chris.
Old August 7th, 2022, 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by 1969w3155
Congrats Chris.
Thanks Dan, much appreciated!
Old August 7th, 2022, 07:36 PM
Banned

Exchange student I am hosting came in today and she got a surprise.From Germany and noticed my German accent.Thought it was cool I am German as well.Her name is Eva whom is my son's age.Also learned about me as well.One is about my pitiuritsry dwarfism and understood.
Old August 8th, 2022, 09:31 AM

Good morning guys,

Slow morning. Took my wife to pick up a smaller sized buffet around 1000. Gonna be hot and humid again today, around 95° again and then cooling later in the week, and down to highs in the low 80's by next weekend.

The Ste. Genevieve, MO "Jour de Fete" (translated anniversary) is this coming weekend. "Founded in 1735, ​​​​​Ste. Genevieve is the oldest permanent European settlement in the state of Missouri. Established on the west bank of the Mississippi River, the original village of Ste. Genevieve was settled about two miles south of its present location." In conjuction with 3-day anniversary festival, the Knights of Columbus sponsor a nice car show on Sunday. I rode my motorcycle (about 50-miles south of me) down there last year to check it out and it was a nice show. I'm going to drive my car down there and enter it this year weather permitting.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Old August 8th, 2022, 11:37 AM

well Mike, just left. he came by for a visit and a repast.

He's gonna have one clean truck when he gets home cause it's fix'in to come up a cloud
Old August 8th, 2022, 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
well Mike, just left. he came by for a visit and a repast.

He's gonna have one clean truck when he gets home cause it's fix'in to come up a cloud
Jim - Wondered what you guys had been up to with neither of you posting at all. Hope you had a nice visit and that Mike gets home safely.
Old August 8th, 2022, 01:40 PM

Chris, It was great seeing him. I wanted to take him to a shoe show but my bride wouldn't loan me any 'Cat eyes" {Bens] to stuff in garter belts so we had ta settle for pizza

Old August 8th, 2022, 01:51 PM

Chris, It was great seeing him. I wanted to take him to a shoe show but my bride wouldn't loan me any 'Cat eyes" {Bens] to stuff in garter belts so we had ta settle for pizza
Sounds like a good time. My attendance at a shoe show these days would cost me a whole **** ton of Benjamin's!
Old August 8th, 2022, 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by Dream67Olds442
Sounds like a good time. My attendance at a shoe show these days would cost me a whole **** ton of Benjamin's!

yeah, been there got the tee shirt
Old August 8th, 2022, 03:35 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

It came up more than a cloud on the way home from Jamesbo's. And of course mix in construction and traffic and it was so much fun. Probably took me 20 minutes longer to get home than to get up there. Rained most of the way home and also just north of my house, but didn't rain at my house. I think we're supposed to have rain all week.

Jamesbo you were right, three roundabouts. I think I didn't consider one of them because I didn't go around, just turned right. Here in Henry County no one knows how they work. Everyone assumes the people in the RA stop for the people coming in. Don't know what was wrong with a good old fashioned red light. As long as it was timed right.

Man I'm beat and I haven't done anything. Short week this week since I was off today. I think it will go fast, because Saturday I'm taking Mom to Orlando. Next week will go really fast because I'm going back the next weekend to get her and I have more to get done while she's gone than I have time for.

Okay I think I'll hit the sack. Hope everyone has a good evening.

Old August 8th, 2022, 05:33 PM
Banned

My boss seeing I take safety seriously.A new co worker was working on a brake chamber and stopped him.Never bothered to read the service manual,a special tool was needed and he listened.My boss had a word with him too and said I was right.Boss knows I read the service manual first.Remember watching the video Shaking Hands With Danger
Old August 9th, 2022, 04:35 AM

CO never ceases to amaze me. I just bought some Autolite 2245 [military spark plugs] from a member in Pa
Old August 9th, 2022, 04:58 AM

CO never ceases to amaze me. I just bought some Autolite 2245 [military spark plugs] from a member in Pa
I saw that thread, pretty awesome!
Old August 9th, 2022, 06:14 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Things are good when it's your Monday but it's Tuesday. Everything going along fairly well so far. Good wall guy, good robot guy. The robot guy is the sucky wall guy. I think he's good at the robot because he's angry all the time and this way he can throw things around and be rough.

Jamesbo good on you getting those plugs. Whenever I have a non-Oldsmobile problem I always get the best help here.

So Mom had a bunch of plastic bins stacked up with glass plates in them, and the other night one of the bins(the one on the bottom of course) collapsed and now there are glass plates broken all over the room. So guess what I get to do today after work, clean up broken glass. Maybe I'll watch the rodeo instead.

Well have a good day everyone. Got some wheels going.

Old August 9th, 2022, 07:32 AM

Not sure what's happening today or tomorrow or down the road, my ex sister-in-law (roommate) is down for the count. She has been fighting a blood clout in her legs and is just about stuck to her chair, won't go to a doctor stubborn, frustrating! I'm now the nurse, maid, and caretaker. I'm in the habit of looking after my 95-year-old dad, and now Ruby is on the downward slide and not looking for help. My plate is full. This is not what I was looking in my retirement, life do have its twists and turns..Tedd
Old August 9th, 2022, 07:45 AM

Nice shiny new crate motor finally arrived. Minus crate [old block was put in carte and returned for core charge]
Old August 9th, 2022, 07:50 AM

Originally Posted by Tedd Thompson
I'm now the nurse, maid, and caretaker. I'm in the habit of looking after my 95-year-old dad, and now Ruby is on the downward slide and not looking for help. My plate is full. This is not what I was looking in my retirement, life do have its twists and turns..Tedd
Tedd - I'm very sorry to hear about your situation, a very tough spot to be put in for sure! My 2-cents worth, maybe a tough love discussion with Ruby is needed about how she needs to get help for herself so your health is not compromised trying to wait on her hand and foot. If the Captain goes down, so does the rest of the ship. I know trying to initiate those types of discussions is easier said than done. I wish you the best and you'll always find a sympathetic ear here!
Old August 9th, 2022, 07:56 AM

Nice shiny new crate motor finally arrived. Minus crate [old block was put in carte and returned for core charge]
Sweet! Get your motor runnin . . . get out on the highway!
Old August 9th, 2022, 08:01 AM
Running On Empty

Nice shiny new crate motor finally arrived.
Jim - Can't recall. What size is it and what vehicle are you dropping it into?
Old August 9th, 2022, 09:20 AM

Norm,

350 Vortex 2500 Chevy 4x4

Old one went Tango Uniform at 320,000 miles and I am NEVER going to buy a new truck
Old August 9th, 2022, 09:26 AM
Running On Empty

Jim - Is that a 'drop-in' or you have to change over some pieces? You doing it yourself or Mike helping?
Old August 9th, 2022, 11:16 AM

Norm, completely new motor. new injectors and new radiator some used pieces like oil pan plastic air intake etc

.I'm too old and too busy to do it. As soon as I got good and greasy a family would call and need me

Mike and I like to eat together, I wouldn't ask him to drive and hour to help me wrench

Donny and I have a guy we like [done some repair for the club and some for me and him] Tim, He's doing it

He has a shop not too far from me.,

it's a matter of having time to do it which I don't and Donny doesn't [Double aerification at two golf courses today and next week Weather permitting hauling equipment between two golf courses 30 miles apart mixed with afternoon showers to PHUQUE up your day makes for busy few weeks
Old August 9th, 2022, 11:22 AM
Running On Empty

Jim - Gotcha, sounds like a good plan w/ Tim performing the work. They just finished 2nd aerification this year of our greens last week - they're still full of pock holes from the gigantic plug tines. They're about 1" in diameter - big *** plugs withdrawn, vacuumed off green, covered in 4" of sand, watered, vacuumed, watered, vacuumed you know the routine. Should be ~1 more week and they'll all be running about 12-13 on the stimpmeter.
Old August 9th, 2022, 11:32 AM

I believe this is fairways

You may [or may not ] know this but the week after is really the worse for maintenance The sand dulls the mower blades so fast all they do is sharpen reel mowers

Donny has a [lost] golf ball on his desk with one of those plug tines sticking clear through it. They are pretty sharp
Old August 9th, 2022, 03:17 PM
Banned

This new co worker of mine getting on my nerves even more.Thinks he knows it all and does not.Wanted to hit him and knew I did not want to get in trouble.I do not see him lasting another week
Old August 10th, 2022, 04:59 AM

Good morning guys,

My wife got a new phone a few weeks ago and the camera on it is amazing. Check out the picture of this big boy, 50-yards away, dead of night, with very minimal light from a dim street lamp. I realize the pic is not totally sharp, but to be taken from that far away, and at night, I think the picture pretty darn amazing. Note how high his rack sticks up above his ears, he's a monster!

Old August 10th, 2022, 08:14 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Good morning so far, the lead is clinging to his goal of 165, though so far we've only seen big wheels and contracts. That's okay, at 230 I'm going to HTB.

Jamesbo that would be fun putting the engine back in your truck. I forgot what year it is, I might have a couple fenders for it.

Tedd good on you for taking care of everybody. Where would SIL be if you weren't helping her? On her own? Out on the street? I hope she appreciates what you're doing for her.

Chris, bang. Here's a story I might have relayed before. My Grandparents had a big deer head hanging over their fireplace for years and years. One winter day in 1971 they, along with my aunt and other grandma, drove up to our house for a visit(this would be winter in Illinois) and on their way home a deer jumped out in front of their car, bounced off the hood and fell into the ditch. The car spun and blah blah blah everyone was fine but the car was totaled. And the deer was dead. Next time we went to visit them the deer head came home with us... Okay for those who haven't heard this story the blah blah blah part was a semi that hit the brakes and jack knifed and rolled over the back of the car, spilling frozen turkeys in the median.

This rain is for the birds. We've gotten rain at some point every day for about a week. What happened to the drought we're supposed to be in?

Time for lunch. Late break is long break! Have a good afternoon everyone.

Old August 10th, 2022, 09:58 AM

Originally Posted by slantflat
Good morning everyone.

Chris, bang. Here's a story I might have relayed before. My Grandparents had a big deer head hanging over their fireplace for years and years. One winter day in 1971 they, along with my aunt and other grandma, drove up to our house for a visit(this would be winter in Illinois) and on their way home a deer jumped out in front of their car, bounced off the hood and fell into the ditch. The car spun and blah blah blah everyone was fine but the car was totaled. And the deer was dead. Next time we went to visit them the deer head came home with us... Okay for those who haven't heard this story the blah blah blah part was a semi that hit the brakes and jack knifed and rolled over the back of the car, spilling frozen turkeys in the median.
Mike - Being a relative newcomer, I hadn't heard that story before. Pretty crazy and really lucky no one was hurt! I tore up the front end of a Ford 500 I owned on our back street when I swerved to miss a deer that jumped out in front of me. Missed the deer, but ran off the road into a steep drop off that pretty much destroyed most of the front steering components. Probably should have just took out the frickin deer and there would have been less damage.

Last edited by Dream67Olds442; August 10th, 2022 at 11:57 AM.
Old August 10th, 2022, 01:55 PM

Jim, now your truck won't be numbers matching Chris, I am impressed of how much the pic taking quality of cell phones has evolved, it won't be long before they will be able to do quality telephoto shots. Cut my grass yesterday, appllied weed killer, and decided to check out the humming bird feeder to see if it needed refilling (I keep a fresh batch of sugarwater in the fridge). So I remove the feeder from the sheppards hook and set it on the grass to unscrew the two pieces that make it up, and to refill it, when I hear a BBBBRRRRRRR near my right side. I turned my head slightly, and within arms reach is a humming bird, looking right at me, how cool I thought. First time that I was close enough to one to hear it. I had three of them visiting the feeder up until dusk.