The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old November 20th, 2021, 09:28 AM

Originally Posted by Vintage Chief
sunlight which strikes the truck 24x7x365
Dang, and I thought we got a lot of sunlight here in Phoenix. At least we get a break at night.
Old November 20th, 2021, 09:34 AM
Running On Empty

Originally Posted by Fun71
Dang, and I thought we got a lot of sunlight here in Phoenix. At least we get a break at night.
That's funny and very well good point!! LMAO
Old November 20th, 2021, 10:39 AM
Always room for one more

Sorry Norm, I wasn't trying to be intelligent. That just gets me in trouble. No, I've never rekeyed an ignition switch. I may have messed with the door lock tumblers at one time, but that time would have been high school. Please, please be careful when you take the steering wheel off. You're very pretty and you don't want an unsolicited nose job. Or a concussion. Remember that module is still powered up even if the battery is disconnected.

Puttered around the other house a little this morning, now I'm going to putter around here this afternoon. But first, lunch.

Old November 20th, 2021, 10:42 AM
Running On Empty

Mike - I don't have to remove the steering wheel, only the lower steering column cowl plate to gain access to the ignition lock cylinder for removal. Therefore, I can save face.
Old November 20th, 2021, 11:19 AM

as you correctly suspected, I currently carry two keys - original for the door locks and a newer key for the lock cylinder I replaced ~7 years ago.
A trick I learned about Ford dual-cut keys is you can cut one side differently than the other. For a decade or more we were a two Ford family, and I had a set of keys cut with my car on one side and the wife's car on the other side. That allowed me to carry one set of keys that would work for both vehicles. I put a notch on the round end on "my car's" side so I could tell which side was what.
Old November 20th, 2021, 11:27 AM

Hi guys,

For you guys that like to see pics of my wife's furniture refinishing, here are pics of the 3 pieces she just finished for our SIL (my wife's brother's wife). Not all that easy to see from the pics, but all 3 pieces have natural colored wood stained top surfaces. Hardware is all real brass she cleaned and polished.

Old November 20th, 2021, 11:35 AM

A trick I learned about Ford dual-cut keys is you can cut one side differently than the other. For a decade or more we were a two Ford family, and I had a set of keys cut with my car on one side and the wife's car on the other side. That allowed me to carry one set of keys that would work for both vehicles. I put a notch on the round end on "my car's" side so I could tell which side was what.
Wow, I never knew you could do that! We had two Fords for many years, I wish I'd known that, it would have been very handy!
Old November 20th, 2021, 11:42 AM
Running On Empty

Originally Posted by Dream67Olds442
...here are pics of the 3 pieces she just finished...
Chris - I believe any one of those pieces would look great in Mike's new house. I know he likes natural wood surfaces and having a natural wood surface on each of those means he's likely torn apart you're located so far away. Personally, I like the last one - that one is sharp as heck.
Old November 20th, 2021, 11:48 AM
Running On Empty

Wow, I never knew you could do that! We had two Fords for many years, I wish I'd known that, it would have been very handy!
Dang Kenneth - That's outrageous. I noticed both of my keys are dual-cut, but both sides are identical. I also recall Ford keys from many years past in which I recall all the Ford keys were dual-cut keys also. Several neighbors had Fords (our house never did), but those Fairlanes, Falcons, Galaxies & Mavericks all cut dual-cut keys. That's pretty clever what you did and makes sense. So, the tumbler(s) themselves actually only operate based upon one "side" of the dual-cut key then is what you're stating correct? IOW, you can put the key in the ignition cylinder upside down or rightside up and either position would work - in the same ignition lock cylinder. What you did was created different tumblers on each side of the ignition lock cylinder and depending on which car you drove, you simply needed to insert the key in the correct orientation. That's awesome!
Old November 20th, 2021, 12:00 PM

Chris - I believe any one of those pieces would look great in Mike's new house. I know he likes natural wood surfaces and having a natural wood surface on each of those means he's likely torn apart you're located so far away. Personally, I like the last one - that one is sharp as heck.
Norm - I really like the last one too, by far my favorite. Our SIL picked out the lighter blue for the other two, that color was custom mixed by my wife to create the color she wanted. I have no idea where in the hell our SIL is going to put them, their house is full of furniture. I suspect my BIL is getting rather peeved at this point!
Old November 20th, 2021, 01:03 PM

What you did was created different tumblers on each side of the ignition lock cylinder and depending on which car you drove, you simply needed to insert the key in the correct orientation.
Exactly. Here’s a pic of my dual sided keys.

Old November 20th, 2021, 01:12 PM
Running On Empty

Exactly. Here’s a pic of my dual sided keys.
I think that's rather brilliant, honestly. That's a cool trick.
I own only one Ford vehicle, otherwise I would be seriously tempted to do exactly what you did.

Well, as anyone might suspect, I have done absolutely squat with regard to the windshield and/or the ignition lock cylinder. Why? I'll tell you why. It's just too damn cold outdoors right now and tomorrow is looking like a much, much better day for weather. This strong 17 mph Northern wind at 49°F puts a chill to my bones. Yeah, there's no wind in the man-cave, but it still is putting a chill through my bones and I'm just delighted not working on the tractor (F-250) and remaining indoors. I think I see cheesecake blueberry muffins making there debut in about one hour if I have all the ingredients.
Old November 20th, 2021, 05:18 PM

Hey birthday boy, was it the Dutch/Holland Rusk that your dad used to eat? They used to make that in Holland, Mi., and wee used to have it when I was a kid. My mom was from Fennville, so Holland was a place that she went to in her youth, and worked in (Detroit Ball Bearing, early WWII). When I was a little ****, we took the train down there ( I can't remember why), we went by the factory/bakery where it was made. I like chest o' drawers #2 as well, great color, and just looks cool. Norm, what was the beef bullion that you used recently? I would like to try it out soon when I make beef stew. I didn't see anything in the store that rung a bell whislt grocery shopping today.
Old November 20th, 2021, 05:26 PM
Running On Empty

Dan - That beef bouillon was suggested to me by none other than our own Chef Extraordinaire - Jamesbo. It is delicious.

It' called 'Premium Better Than Bouillon Roasted Beef Base - Made With Seasoned Roasted Beef'

Old November 20th, 2021, 05:27 PM

Thanks Norm...and Chef Jamesbo.
Old November 20th, 2021, 05:28 PM
Running On Empty

Dan - I believe if you punch in your Zip Code it will tell you where you can buy it.

https://www.betterthanbouillon.com/where-to-buy/
Old November 20th, 2021, 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by 1969w3155
Hey birthday boy, was it the Dutch/Holland Rusk that your dad used to eat? They used to make that in Holland, Mi., and wee used to have it when I was a kid. My mom was from Fennville, so Holland was a place that she went to in her youth, and worked in (Detroit Ball Bearing, early WWII). When I was a little ****, we took the train down there ( I can't remember why), we went by the factory/bakery where it was made. I like chest o' drawers #2 as well, great color, and just looks cool. Norm, what was the beef bullion that you used recently? I would like to try it out soon when I make beef stew. I didn't see anything in the store that rung a bell whislt grocery shopping today.
Dan - I do believe it was Dutch/Holland Rusk that we used to have. Thanks for the compliment on the furniture, I'll let my wife know. Hope the house isn't getting too chilly there!
Old November 20th, 2021, 05:43 PM

I was just about to google it Norm. Chris, the furnace has been working, it will get a new gas valve on Monday. I pulled the old fridge out today and cleaned behind it, what a mess. I'm debating on whether to grab my dolly and put it in the garage until they get here on Tuesday with the new fridge, or let them do it as I did pay for it as part of the install.
Old November 20th, 2021, 05:48 PM
Running On Empty

Originally Posted by 1969w3155
I'm debating on whether to grab my dolly and put it in the garage until they get here on Tuesday with the new fridge, or let them do it as I did pay for it as part of the install.
What part about paying them to do it is the part you don't understand?

Kick back and watch your money work for YOU.
Old November 20th, 2021, 05:49 PM

Oddly, they show the Meijer's that I shop at as one of the places that carries it, but they didn't have any today when I was there. They also listed the Walmart that is across the street from Meijer's. I'll check there.
Old November 20th, 2021, 06:28 PM

Great B-day party at my youngest daughter's house. Good pizza, cold brews, and a DQ icecream cake! Grandkids from L-R: Gabe (8), Ollie (3), Anna (6-months), Keegan (4). They're a blessing!
Old November 20th, 2021, 06:39 PM
Running On Empty

Nice photo, Ralph!
Old November 20th, 2021, 07:36 PM

Nice photo, Ralph!
Thanks Norm!
Old November 20th, 2021, 08:15 PM

Chris,

Please tell your bride 2 things

1) nice work on the furniture

2) although they made a low sodium version. The regular Better than bouillon has a considerable amount of salt
so go easy adding extra salt to the stew

Ok 3

They also make chicken and Turkey which really helps out soup
Old November 20th, 2021, 08:19 PM
Running On Empty

They also make Lobster bouillon.
Old November 20th, 2021, 08:24 PM
Running On Empty

There exists ~200 thousand million stars in our Milky Way galaxy. There exists ~2 trillion galaxies. Do the math.
What is the meaning of life?

Time for some sleep. 🛌
Old November 21st, 2021, 02:17 AM

Norm, you're good with numbers.
if the earth is orbiting the sun and also spinning on it's axis. How fast are you going when you are sitting still,?
Old November 21st, 2021, 04:05 AM

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
Norm, you're good with numbers.
if the earth is orbiting the sun and also spinning on it's axis. How fast are you going when you are sitting still,?
1,500 km/hr (Earth's rotation on it's axis) + 108,000 km/hr (Earth's planetary rotation around the sun) + 828,000 km/hr (Our Solar System around the Milky Way Galaxy) = ~927,500 km/hr . . . Speed Kills
Old November 21st, 2021, 04:25 AM

Chris,

Please tell your bride 2 things
1) nice work on the furniture
2) although they made a low sodium version. The regular Better than bouillon has a considerable amount of salt
so go easy adding extra salt to the stew
Ok 3
They also make chicken and Turkey which really helps out soup
James - Thanks, I'll pass on your compliment. She really appreciates you guys' compliments, it's given her alot more confidence in her work!

I believe it was Dan who was looking for the name of the Better than Boullion stock because he was wanting to cook up some stew. I do believe it's what my wife uses also though. I just went to the pantry to double check and look at the jar, but didn't see it. Whatever the heck she's using I'm not going to ask her to change, all her stews and soups are all excellent.
Old November 21st, 2021, 05:22 AM

1,500 km/hr (Earth's rotation on it's axis) + 108,000 km/hr (Earth's planetary rotation around the sun) + 828,000 km/hr (Our Solar System around the Milky Way Galaxy) = ~927,500 km/hr . . . Speed Kills
This is a question of relativity which we simply don't have the answer to and may never. 1500kph is not a rotational speed, we'd need to know what radius we have, but, we don't know if those speeds are additive, subtracting, or sideways. Plus, the Milky Way galaxy itself moves through intergalactic space, and, here's the real headache, does the universe move? Is there something outside it in which medium it is moving?

Old November 21st, 2021, 05:42 AM
Running On Empty

If the angle of the dangle is inversely proportionate to the mass of the *** will the heat of the meat be constant?
Old November 21st, 2021, 06:15 AM

If the angle of the dangle is inversely proportionate to the mass of the *** will the heat of the meat be constant?
Generally, I have found the opposite to be true. The angles of the dangles, are directly proportionate to the mass of the ***. Or, worded another way, the larger the ***, the more the dangles droop. When this is observed, the heat of the meat decreases significantly. Of course this analysis is easily contested by the theory of "The bigger the cushion, the better the pushin"!

Last edited by Dream67Olds442; November 21st, 2021 at 06:32 AM.
Old November 21st, 2021, 06:19 AM

Norm, Ok farm boy
When ya go out to the hen house and look in the nest there are 3 eggs

When you're fix'in your breakfast ya find out 2 of them are double yoke

"IF" they had been fertilized what kinds of twins would ya have in the 3 eggs?
Old November 21st, 2021, 06:29 AM

Norm, Ok farm boy
When ya go out to the hen house and look in the nest there are 3 eggs

When you're fix'in your breakfast ya find out 2 of them are double yoke

"IF" they had been fertilized what kinds of twins would ya have in the 3 eggs?
My old man gets so excited about double yolk eggs; I don't find them exciting.
Old November 21st, 2021, 06:38 AM

Originally Posted by Koda
My old man gets so excited about double yolk eggs; I don't find them exciting.

I know a guy in the hills who owns and egg farm. They give away the doubled yoke eggs
Old November 21st, 2021, 06:42 AM
Running On Empty

Superstition abounds regarding double-yokers. I love them.
Old November 21st, 2021, 08:05 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Went to both places today. Got to Awful house early, and my friends were just leaving, and I went to the airport and hung out with those guys a while. And now since it's Sunday, it's off to market.

I have no answers to any of that.

Got some stuff to move over today. I've been going to get the refrigerator back together for I don't know how long, and haven't done it. Maybe today will be the day. I was going to Munford, AL, to look at a car, but it's got high miles on it, and it's a kid selling it and he's trying to flip it. He has no history for it, but he wants full size money for it. I think I'll pass. This finding a decent diesel vehicle is turning out to be a chore.

Okay have a good Sunday everyone.

Old November 21st, 2021, 01:10 PM

Well, My pack with myself worked pretty good last week. St Jude's only get $46.00

Mike, did you ever speak to the guy with the M 37?

Chris, Sorry you are correct

Dan insert your name in my post to Chris

I may need a program, there are tooo many dan's Chris, and ralphs [ only one Norm]
Old November 21st, 2021, 01:37 PM

Well, My pack with myself worked pretty good last week. St Jude's only get $46.00
James - That is a good week! I'm curious how you're determining a "want" purchase from a "need" purchase, or is it just one of those things "you know it, when you see it"? I've been wanting to purchase one of those battery jump packs to have in whatever vehicle I'm driving at any given time. Now I have jumper cables in every vehicle, so would a battery jump pack fit in the "want" or "need" column? Jumper cables won't do you much good if you're out in the middle of nowhere. Maybe I can justify the "need"!
Old November 21st, 2021, 01:44 PM
Always room for one more

I guess I'm living right. I went to Walmart(remember it's the alternate one), and they were very busy, and people camped out in front of what I needed, but there were several lanes open to check out and my head didn't explode one time while I was in there. Maybe it's the Christmas music in the car. These people who order their groceries online and then have them delivered may be on to something.

Jamesbo I didn't call that guy. I didn't know you wanted me to. But I can. I saw another one that I was ready to send to you, but it had a small block Chevy in it. Nothing wrong with a small block Chevy but in a vehicle like that it needs to have the original engine. Or at least a motor pool swapped out one.

Oh something new. Now the words that the computer thinks I've misspelled are double underlined in blue, instead of a single red underline. Is it trying to distract me from noticing that it's slower than dial up? I'm guessing Best Buy will have a sale on computers for Christmas. This one's on the short list.

Here's a question I will pose to the Awful house. If an egg has a double yoke, will they charge me for two eggs?

I got spaghetti to fix for my supper. I don't know why I can't get spaghetti sauce with meat AND mushrooms. It's maddening. So I got a can of shrooms and I'll put them in the sauce. I'll show them.

Chris my feeling is if I want it, I need it. Case closed. No one here to tell me otherwise. One of them jump boxes would be pretty handy.

Okay see ya's.