The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old November 23rd, 2021, 09:49 AM

Mike, I'm pretty sure the 5 ton replaced the deuce and a half as gun trucks in Nam. The "little trucks couldn't carry the heavy armor

Old November 23rd, 2021, 10:04 AM

Quote of the day, I would say.
that girl's pants need to be orange because that *** is a peach.
Sitting around waiting for the new fridge, there is about a 3 hour window that they gave me for delivery. 20° this am, when I went to work. Chris the lemon bars look good. Koda, sweet record cleaning equipment. I still have my Dicswasher record cleaner, it sits in the original box. I think that I still have the liquid cleaner that goes with it. Norm, good to see that you are getting somewhere with the windshield leak. If they replace it for free without the paperwork, you will be a lucky man. I think that I may have to re visit Herbie sometime. The downside of having a metal roof, is if you need to climb up on to it, it is a bit slippery. If the pitch of my roof was any steeper, I would have probably fallen off. I was up there with my mini mag light to see if there was any obstruction in the air intake for the furnace, none that I could see, but about 30" down, it curved, so who knows. The valve for the furnace hasn't come in to the supplier yet, so the repair guy is on hold until it comes in. He was hoping today. he and another tech that he talked to are a bit baffled as to why the furnace will kick on normally with the inspection cover off, but not when it's on, like it isn't getting air. The intake from the roof is cold, so he figured that it isn't blocked (and why i was up there). This inspection panel sits at the bottom of the furnace, where accesss to the burner is located, and is roughly 6" x 14", this then resides behind the main access panel/cover at the front of the furnace. Hopefully he can get it figured out.

Last edited by 1969w3155; November 23rd, 2021 at 10:06 AM.
Old November 23rd, 2021, 10:04 AM

Norm - Good luck with the warranty claim, definitely worth a shot, and finding the actual cause of the buzzer.
Old November 23rd, 2021, 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by Dream67Olds442
The woman is always cold. During the day in the Winter we try to keep the main living area around 70° F.
Talking about cold natured women - during the summer we keep the thermostat set to 78-79 degrees. Watching TV in the evening, I'm on the verge of getting up to turn the thermostat down a few degrees but just then the AC kicks on. I let out a sigh of relief, while my wife reaches over and pulls a blanket over herself.
Old November 23rd, 2021, 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by Fun71
Talking about cold natured women - during the summer we keep the thermostat set to 78-79 degrees. Watching TV in the evening, I'm on the verge of getting up to turn the thermostat down a few degrees but just then the AC kicks on. I let out a sigh of relief, while my wife reaches over and pulls a blanket over herself.
Kenneth - My wife is exactly the same way!
Old November 23rd, 2021, 12:37 PM
Running On Empty

Completed all my grocery shopping for the upcoming Thanksgiving and I believe (hopefully) well until into next week. I make a scratch cranberry sauce and I was happy to see fresh non-frozen cranberries were delivered just a couple prior to my arrival at the grocery store, having spoken to the produce manager - so, that's sweet. Lots of baking/cooking in the next couple of days. I purchased ingredients for the Bourbon *****.
Old November 23rd, 2021, 12:41 PM
Running On Empty

OH MY GAWD!!!!

I just got off the phone w/ SAFELITE Charlotte, NC (after several other calls). Spoke to three really great SAFELITE female personnel along the way. They could not find my original work order, of course, they wanted to know if I had paperwork. Finally, when discussing my situation with the last young lady (Paula, Charlotte, NC). She created an entire new work order and everything is covered under warranty. She stated to me - I'm not even going to ask if you have paperwork from 16 years ago stating "Who keeps paperwork from that long ago".

New windshield under warranty is scheduled at my house (man-cave) November 30 between 8am - 1pm.

Baby steps, baby steps!!!
Old November 23rd, 2021, 12:54 PM

Norm, Between, weed eater, blowers and pea gravel drive. I'm a Gold star client. They really run a good company
Old November 23rd, 2021, 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by Vintage Chief
OH MY GAWD!!!!

New windshield under warranty is scheduled at my house (man-cave) November 30 between 8am - 1pm.

Baby steps, baby steps!!!
Yahoo - Good for you Norm, really happy for ya!
Old November 23rd, 2021, 01:05 PM
Running On Empty

..during the summer we keep the thermostat set to 78-79 degrees.
Identical to my house...I keep the temperature exactly the same. I find that the Trane Combination Package Heat Pump does a fantastic job of removing the humidity. As long as the humidity is removed (most likely something you don't need be concerned with in Phoenix), the house maintains a very comfortable temperature.

Winter I maintain ~70°F - 72°F daytime & 67°F - 68°F nighttime.
Old November 23rd, 2021, 01:18 PM

Winter I maintain ~70°F - 72°F daytime & 67°F - 68°F nighttime.
Summer - 78° F day, 75° to 76° F night; Winter - 68° to 70° F day, 65° to 66° F night
Old November 23rd, 2021, 02:33 PM

I purchased ingredients for the Bourbon *****.
I have the main ingredient for those, but not much else. I suppose I'll just skip making it into little ***** and just pour it into a glass.
Old November 23rd, 2021, 02:56 PM

I have the main ingredient for those, but not much else. I suppose I'll just skip making it into little ***** and just pour it into a glass.
Amen brother!
Old November 23rd, 2021, 03:09 PM
Running On Empty

Recipe I follow...
Jeff’s Bourbon *****
Old November 23rd, 2021, 03:17 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone. i

Nice day but chilly. Work was okay. Between 4 and 2 this afternoon I signed off 62 wheels, a personal record. We're all starting at 4 tomorrow and working till noon. Then Tiger and I are hitting the road.

After the gas man left yesterday the furnace wouldn't light. Messed with it a little then went to bed. It was 60 in here at 2 when I got up, and 54 when I got home from work. Went out and messed with it a little more. Took the panel off and pushed the rollout reset button. Oddly enough it reset. Then I turned the furnace on and it started right up. I don't know why that tripped, it was working fine and then it tried to start with no gas. This furnace has always been temperamental. At least it's a little cozier in here this evening. I keep it set at a constant 65-67* .

Norm that's excellent about the windshield. I'll keep them in mind if I ever need a windshield. Really good companies are a rarity these days.

Well I think we're gonna hit the sack early tonight and be ready for work extra early. Then it's a long trip to my Mom's. We're coming back Friday. The shop is working Saturday and also I want to get in some moving.

Oh, my wall guy, who is somewhat of a wiseguy, comes up to me and says Mike Mike Mike Mike Mike. I just looked at him. He said, today is Wednesday this week! So it is.

Okay off to bed. Have a good night everyone.

Old November 23rd, 2021, 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by slantflat
Hi everyone. i

Nice day but chilly. Work was okay. Between 4 and 2 this afternoon I signed off 62 wheels, a personal record. We're all starting at 4 tomorrow and working till noon. Then Tiger and I are hitting the road.
Mike - Congrats on the personal record! Safe travels to/from your Mom's and have a Happy Thanksgiving with your family!
Old November 23rd, 2021, 05:06 PM

--That is great, Norm!! Sounds like a great company. Can you identify the box or whatever that thing that is buzzing? Reason I ask is, if it is not a known problem for that truck, and was caused by a fluke water leak intrusion, then I would go to a local salvage yard and get one out of a junked truck. Unless it's too hard to get out or very difficult to get to. My thinking is if you get it at a yard for $10 or $20 and replace it with the used one and it's fixed- Good to go!! If still buzzes at least you didn't pay big bucks for a new one. I myself enjoy going to a old school yard and looking around anyway. But in many areas they won't let you go in...
--Dan, hope everything works out on the furnace, Yep I hated pressure problems..
Old November 23rd, 2021, 06:04 PM

Norm, funny thing is, after I brag on the ultrasonic, the pump shaft broke last night. I think the company will play ball taking it in for service, so off it will go. I've been putting money into a decent rock stereo, so clean vinyl helps, and I can bring some back from bad.

I had safelite repair a couple cracks. Second windshield on my truck, got rocks almost immediately, then none for 6 years. The most recent one started to grow with too much defrost on too much snow last year. May get a third windshield here soon.

Women are cold because they keep babies warm and also because they are designed to be clingy.

Salvage yards ain't what they used to be. I found good stuff in the 00's.
Old November 23rd, 2021, 08:14 PM
Running On Empty

Greg - From my understanding thus far the buzzer is contained inside the GEM/VSM. So, my next baby steps are to locate the GEM/VSM then hopefully remove it for inspection. While the GEM/VSM is where the alarm/buzzer is located I’ll have to ensure it’s the actual GEM/VSM which is damaged/compromised and not some other wire(s) which might be suspect. I agree on the salvage yard scenario. Good idea. Baby steps.
Old November 24th, 2021, 04:27 AM

Pretty chili

Had 2 funerals yesterday and got the grave diggers to help me[ between funerals] wrestle up the new steel band.

Bobcat [skid steer] coming this morning and gravel truck to lower one end of "new " tractor shed and put in a gravel floor I hope the ground is not frozen too hard

Have a great day Olds friends

And remember what my mother [Nanelle] always said, "it not what you eat between Thanksgiving and New Years Day.....................It's what you eat between New Years Day and Thanksgiving that's the problem"

Old November 24th, 2021, 05:12 AM
Running On Empty

After grocery shopping yesterday for the better part of the afternoon I came home to realize I forgot celery - a key ingredient to my homemade turkey stuffing dressing. So, I've already been to the grocery store this morning. Passing our tiny Dunkindonuts shop I couldn't believe there were like 30 cars in line, I was amazed - that many cars waiting in line @ Dunkindonuts?

James - Sounds like you'll be busy right through the day. I'm going to hedge a bet and suggest you don't much (if any) frozen ground. BTW, don't you need to purchase a tractor to put under that new shed?

Mike - Safe travels to your Mom's - have a nice bird day.
Old November 24th, 2021, 06:45 AM

Good morning guys,

Warmish here today, partly sunny and 51° right now, and headed for about 55°. Cooler tomorrow with a high of only 44° and the bottom dropping out Friday morning with a low of 19°, ouch! Then back to a high of 60° on Sunday, that's our crazy Missouri weather!

No big plans for today. Someone is coming to pick up a smaller TV stand at 1000, not much into it, not much out of it. Picked up 3 pieces for my wife yesterday evening, all 3 different types of coffee tables. One is pretty unique, a larger, square shaped unit that has alot of storage areas (opening top and drawers). Supposedly the husband bought that one in Germany many years ago when he was stationed there. I'll post a pic of that one when she's done with it.

Usually just Momma and I most of the day on Thanksgiving. My girls and their families usually drop in for a few minutes on their way home from their grandparents (Mom's side) who live in Poplar Bluff, MO. We may go over to my BIL's house later in the day tomorrow, TBD at this point.

Hope everyone has a great day today, and tomorrow!

Last edited by Dream67Olds442; November 24th, 2021 at 07:19 AM.
Old November 24th, 2021, 07:07 AM

Norm you are right as rain cold but not frozen. Waiting for gravel truck

Old November 24th, 2021, 07:13 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Started at 4, finished at 9. Not a bad morning. Everyone seemed to be motivated. Getting home this early will get me on the road earlier.

Back when I lived in my other house, I didn't have any neighbors, nor did I have any friends for that matter, and usually was working on holidays. So I would get turkey lunchmeat and make big sandwiches and cut them into squares and that's what Max and I would have for our [holiday] dinner. I don't remember doing that with Sparky and Jetta, I lived here and would always go next door for holiday meals. Tiger, too. I think every day is a holiday for him.

Chris whatever happened to the daughter and little girl? One day you were on call to drive them around then we never heard from them again. Oh, was that the plan? They must be back in California by now.

Okay gotta get all my stuff together and hit the road. Hope everyone has a good Thanksgiving.

Old November 24th, 2021, 07:15 AM
Running On Empty

James - Looks good. What size/type gravel? #57 aggregate? River rock, maybe? Entire 15 yards?
Old November 24th, 2021, 07:19 AM

Norm, Mixture pea gravel and pecan stone
Old November 24th, 2021, 07:25 AM

Originally Posted by slantflat
Good morning everyone.
Chris whatever happened to the daughter and little girl? One day you were on call to drive them around then we never heard from them again. Oh, was that the plan? They must be back in California by now.

Okay gotta get all my stuff together and hit the road. Hope everyone has a good Thanksgiving.
Mike - Yep, they went home to California quite awhile ago. Haven't asked my wife, but I'd bet they come back home for some amount of time around Christmas???

Again, safe travels!
Old November 24th, 2021, 07:54 AM
Running On Empty

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
Norm, Mixture pea gravel and pecan stone
I'm not familiar with pecan stone...I think I have heard others refer to it, but can't recall who or why. What is it?
Old November 24th, 2021, 08:04 AM

I'm not familiar with pecan stone...I think I have heard others refer to it, but can't recall who or why. What is it?
Norm - My understanding is Pecan Stone is a generic term referring to softer limestone in a variety of colors. It can be cut in blocks, slabs, or can be crushed aggregate of various sizes.
Old November 24th, 2021, 12:33 PM

Norm, the old company I bought it from called it pecan stone, the new company called it decorating pebbles. Picture pecan size pea gravel

Mission accomplished

Old November 24th, 2021, 12:37 PM
Running On Empty

James - Looks fantastic - nice job.

How much - ~15 yards?
Old November 24th, 2021, 12:40 PM

Only 6 and its "deco" pebbles not decorating

Phuque spell check
Old November 24th, 2021, 12:49 PM
Running On Empty

Originally Posted by Dream67Olds442
Norm - My understanding is Pecan Stone is a generic term referring to softer limestone in a variety of colors. It can be cut in blocks, slabs, or can be crushed aggregate of various sizes.
Chris - Thanks. Soft limestone with Mg++ pore intrusion. Once of the more Geologically recent sedimentary depositions of limestone. Occurs hundreds to thousands of feet thick. Sounds likes there's plenty around.
Old November 24th, 2021, 12:56 PM

Chris - Thanks. Soft limestone with Mg++ pore intrusion. Once of the more Geologically recent sedimentary depositions of limestone. Occurs hundreds to thousands of feet thick. Sounds likes there's plenty around.
Norm - Lest you forget, I'm a Geologist by education, with my Master's focus on sedimentary/petroleum geology!
Old November 24th, 2021, 12:58 PM
Running On Empty

I'm familiar with all the igneous, metamorphic & sedimentary rock formations throughout most of the world - wasn't sure what pecan stone referred to.
Old November 24th, 2021, 01:16 PM
Running On Empty

Chris - It was I who coined the term "Subduction Leads to Orogengy"
Old November 24th, 2021, 01:25 PM

Chris - It was I who coined the term "Subduction Leads to Orogengy"
You're just BS'ing me again! Aren't you???
Old November 24th, 2021, 01:38 PM
Running On Empty

Charles (Darwin) asked me about the readings/publications regarding Humboldt & Lyell's notions of geologic uplifts as we rounded Tierra del Fuego. It wasn't until we reached the coastline of Chile were we convinced of first-hand experience when an awful tremor arose through the night whereupon the following morning the mountainous landscape of surrounds was witnessed to have uplifted a height of nearly twenty meters. That was the night I coined the phrase.
Old November 24th, 2021, 01:50 PM

Norm, congrats on the free windshield. New fridge installed yesterday, looks good, and is bigger than my old one, which I thought was 25 cubic feet, but at 26 cu ft. this one is much larger, so I was wrong on the old ones size. Rum ***** in about three weeks, chocolate pecan pie tonight. I'll be going to my brother's tomorrow for grub.
"Subduction Leads to Orogengy"
Hey! this is a family site.​​​​​​​
Old November 24th, 2021, 02:10 PM
Running On Empty

Dan - Glad the fridge was installed yesterday - just in time. My Maytag is 27^3' (26.7) & 18 yrs old going strong - a true work horse. Pumpkin pie with Real Whip next - as soon as I make it - oven is still heated.

I baked a 7.57 lb young turkey - that's what it said on the label although there was no Date Of Birth listed on the tag (weird). Some things I guess I have to take for granted. I made whole cranberry sauce with walnuts + 1/4 cup fresh orange rind, homemade stuffing/dressing, baked russet potatoes & pumpkin pie coming next.

I'm entering S11:E7 of the Shameless Netflix Series tonight (with my pumpkin pie). I have so loved every season of this most excellent Series. William Macy, Jr. - just an excellent actor whose had a great life with much success.

Last edited by Vintage Chief; November 24th, 2021 at 03:32 PM. Reason: sp