The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old March 22nd, 2021, 09:52 AM

Norm, I'm a bit confused [as usual] I thought that thread was about parade boots over convertible top. When you say tonneau cover, I'm thinking of a cover that goes from over the top well to [mine snapped] on the dash board . With a zipper in the middle to unzip so the driver was all that was out in the open
Old March 22nd, 2021, 09:54 AM

Convertible boot, not to be confused with a tonneau cover that covers the entire **** pit, or everywhere except the drivers seat. It took the thread that you referenced, for me to remember how I did mine on a '71 Cutlass vert 30 years ago. used the slot behind the seat, and then just flipped it back into the well when the top was up. My uncle had a '64 1/2 Mustang convertible, that he purchased new with a tonneau cover that covered the interior with the exception of the drivers seat. It attached to the body with snaps. I never saw another one with this option.
Old March 22nd, 2021, 09:58 AM
Running On Empty

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
Norm, I'm a bit confused [as usual] I thought that thread was about parade boots over convertible top. When you say tonneau cover, I'm thinking of a cover that goes from over the top well to [mine snapped] on the dash board . With a zipper in the middle to unzip so the driver was all that was out in the open
James, I understand what you're talking about. Sorry to be confusing, I call it a tonneau cover, maybe a parade boot is a better description? At any rate, I don't like the parade boot's style, as well.

All dressed-up and no place to go. Tee-time 11:00 am this morning - again on the very edge of this frontal system - so it was raining off & on with moderate temperatures in the 50s w/ 20 mph ENE winds. Almost an exact repeat of last Friday except for the fact I elected not to play and get soaking wet - again.
Old March 22nd, 2021, 10:03 AM
Jeff

It's just a boot. A parade boot is different in that it is made so someone can actually sit on it. Of course, try that with your regular boot, and your **** will wind up in the well.
Old March 22nd, 2021, 10:05 AM
Running On Empty

Jeff - I agree. Let's just say no matter what you want to call the piece of material which covers the top when it is in the down position - I do not like it and IMO it's poorly designed.
Old March 22nd, 2021, 10:14 AM

So it just covers the top not the seats [like what I would call a tonnerau cover]
Old March 22nd, 2021, 10:17 AM
Running On Empty

Yes, it covers ONLY the top exactly as I have described & the reason I called it a tonneau cover. Did you review the link I posted?

https://classicoldsmobile.com/forums...p-boot-134170/
Old March 22nd, 2021, 10:28 AM

Yes
Old March 22nd, 2021, 10:35 AM
Running On Empty

Cheese....

Old March 22nd, 2021, 10:54 AM
Running On Empty

What a Buzz Kill. My closest Krispy Kreme is 38 miles. And, I love Krispy Kreme.

Get a free Krispy Kreme doughnut every day in 2021 for showing your vaccination card
Old March 22nd, 2021, 10:56 AM

Good afternoon guys,
Boy am I glad you guys were able to get on the same page regarding the convertible top cover, I think my head's still spinning . . . LoL!

Norm - The salad looks delicious.

Spent most the morning signing us up on various websites trying to get access to Covid vaccines. We're just too young, and too healthy. We were already on our County's and our Healthcare provider's lists. Today I signed us up on 6 different pharmacies' sites, ranging from a few miles to 45-miles away. I think I'd drive to Timbuktu right now to get one if I could. Missouri, and our County, are doing a very poor job of managing the distribution and getting shots in arms as far as I can see. About what I've come to expect from them though.

Well, I hope everyone has a great day!
Old March 22nd, 2021, 10:59 AM

Home made Pimento cheese made with Canadian Black Diamond is what fer lunch down ere

Old March 22nd, 2021, 11:00 AM
Jeff

Originally Posted by Vintage Chief
What a Buzz Kill. My closest Krispy Kreme is 38 miles. And, I love Krispy Kreme.

Get a free Krispy Kreme doughnut every day in 2021 for showing your vaccination card
I'm getting my first dose tomorrow. I've never been so excited to get a shot, EVER. OK, maybe... no, DEFINITELY the wrong word. Let's just say I'm looking forward to it. My county here in MI is opening up to 16+ with underlying health conditions today, and another week or so before 16+ with no underlying.

I need to get my boot out of the trunk (and for you Brits out there, boot out of the boot) and start hitting it with conditioner. It's so stiff that the snaps won't snap down.
Old March 22nd, 2021, 11:02 AM

You guys are killing me with the pics of the good food and donuts!
Old March 22nd, 2021, 11:05 AM
Running On Empty

Chris - You say James & me are on the same page? The salad was delicious. Guess what's for dessert? I get my 2nd COVID-19 stab this Wednesday morning @ 9:30am. These vaccination sites (at least mine) remind me of my military draft & basic training. I pitied the poor sucker who forgot to bring his first Immunization Shot Record - because you likely got to get those all over again. I remember those fricking things which were no more than high-powered blow-guns. Get in line, line-up, roll-up your sleeves when you got to each station don't flinch an inch. I have two immunization cards. My first card I received after getting a slew of immunizations when I went overseas as an exchange student the summer of 1969. Then, my second card when in the military. I just looked at them both several months ago - I'm a walking vestibule of viruses.
Old March 22nd, 2021, 11:10 AM
Running On Empty

James - 'Home Made' pimento + cheese? Nice. I'll admit I've never made it homemade. Something I can now add to my culinary repertoire when I make my first one. Thanks.
Old March 22nd, 2021, 11:12 AM
Running On Empty

Jeff - I completely understand regarding the boot out of the boot. And, the convertible top resides on top of the windscreens when in the up position.
Old March 22nd, 2021, 11:21 AM

James - 'Home Made' pimento + cheese? Nice. I'll admit I've never made it homemade. Something I can now add to my culinary repertoire when I make my first one. Thanks.

Nothing to it BUT be sure to used high grade sharp cheese mayo diced pimentos and a little salt
Old March 22nd, 2021, 11:23 AM
Running On Empty

Good point on the high grade sharp cheese!
Old March 22nd, 2021, 11:25 AM
Running On Empty

And....the reason it's called Cinnamon & Spice (Acorn Squash) Bread:
Vanilla, Cinnamon, Ginger, Nutmeg, Allspice & Cloves

Old March 22nd, 2021, 12:02 PM

Norm,
Your cinnamon spice bread looks yummy

I have a good friend [college bud] whose dad owned a bakery in South Beach. Among other things, they supplied Joe's Stone Crab with fresh bread daily. He said working for his dad was worse than being in prison. He once asked for a day off to go watch the race and Sebring and his dad said "No'

Anyway he's a retired accountant and bakes all his breads, He can make Challah bread blind folded. He and his bride come to the lake alot and once he showed me how to make fresh bagels [imho not worth the trouble] But his specialty is sour dough raisin bread French toast . To die for

Since the Super model likes it, I make home made pimento cheese often and also home made Chicken salad with home made mayo

I occasionally bake baguettes and sometimes banana bread. but biscuits are my specialty
Old March 22nd, 2021, 12:02 PM

Chris - You say James & me are on the same page?
Well, I thought you were, at least on the boot issue??? Am I wrong, like I said, my head was spinning???

In regard to the spices in your bread, I think I'd have to pass on the addition of the clove, I don't care too much for that spice. Everything else sounds great!
Old March 22nd, 2021, 12:14 PM

I think I got a year or maybe 2 on Norm January 1950 was when I down load

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOPs, Chris said page not age
Old March 22nd, 2021, 12:29 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Brutal day at work. I had to go to a recurrent class for that inspection that I do. The instructor is a very nice guy, but loves to give freely of theory and history, none of which even comes close to what I do. His test was 40 questions of which I missed most of them. So now I gotta retake it tomorrow. Don't know how many times I can retake it. My initial test I took two years ago I passed by the skin of my teeth. I don't like electricity or magnetism and I don't have any retention of the subject and I don't apply for jobs that require it. This gig I do was thrust upon me, it sure as hell wasn't my idea.

Beautiful out, warm, the breeze has subsided. I think I'll go out and mow. I hear a lot of mowers in the neighborhood going.

And, the convertible top resides on top of the windscreens when in the up position.
And since I missed the entire convertible top segment, I will only add that in British speak, the hood rests on the top of the windscreen when up. I actually like the way the A Body boot attaches to the body. I don't like snaps. They are unsightly and the dome breaks off the cover too easily. Now, the full size Buick and Eldorado had the fiberglass parade boot which I think is awesome. I don't think the Oldsmobiles ever had that.

Okay I'm going to go out and enjoy this day and get something done. Ug. I haven't studied for something in the evening in decades. I'm not getting inspector pay, I'm not considered an inspector, why do I need to take an inspector test? Maybe instead of taking the test tomorrow I'll just cut my throat. I'd probably still have to take it as soon as I was done bleeding out.

Have a good afternoon everyone.

Old March 22nd, 2021, 01:19 PM

Mike,

Looks like the BIG D wants you to become and inspector
Old March 22nd, 2021, 01:40 PM

Norm ,are you talking about the "parade boot". That's how mine attaches and I think it works good. I 've had 2 boots over the 25years and never had a plastic tab break off. I replaced the first one just because it was getting old and dirty looking. Oh, one time I was going 70 mph on the highway without the boot and noticed the top was raising up. I was afraid it would go up and become a "drag chute" and rip all to hell. So after that I always put the boot on when top is down.
Old March 22nd, 2021, 01:45 PM

Oh geez, I'm a dope, just missed a whole page, you got it all figured out..... DOH!
Old March 22nd, 2021, 02:32 PM
Running On Empty

Originally Posted by Greg Rogers
Oh geez, I'm a dope, just missed a whole page, you got it all figured out..... DOH!
We did?
Old March 22nd, 2021, 03:16 PM

https://www.hemmings.com/stories/201...to-terminology
Old March 22nd, 2021, 05:14 PM
Running On Empty

This is the actual first live-stream of the Colorado shooter video.

Old March 22nd, 2021, 06:11 PM

Good evening guys,

That shooting in Boulder is horrible. Too many crazies these days for sure.

Awhile back I mentioned my wife was looking for a Belgian Waffle maker. Well she found one that makes 4 at a time. Tonight was it's christening and we had breakfast for dinner. Belgian Waffles, scrambled eggs, and a mound of thick sliced bacon (pic). Yummmmmm, the waffle maker worked like a charm!

My Gmail on my Samsung tablet got screwed up this afternoon and it took me forever to get it working again. I knew it was something in the tablet because it was still working fine on my phone and on my laptop. I ended up having to uninstall/reinstall the Gmail, which wouldn't have been a big deal, but the uninstall function was a PIA to find. Anyway, it's working fine now.

After dinner I went out and mowed just the front yard, and then put down pre-emergent fertilizer. My front and side yards usually look like Augusta National, but make backyard looks like **** because my wife doesn't want any chemicals put down that might harm the dogs. They do like to graze on the grass, they're goofy.

Hope everyone had a great day and has a relaxing evening!

I really tried to clean both plates, but I left a few bites of waffle on my plate, despite how tasty they were.
Old March 22nd, 2021, 06:14 PM
Running On Empty

Chris - Delicious!
Old March 22nd, 2021, 09:17 PM

Chris, that's a big waffle. Breakfast sure looks good.
Old March 23rd, 2021, 03:47 AM

I'm fairly certain Chris would never make it thru Lent without pork. He seems to have a fondness for bacon actually piles of bacon

Although my daily teaspoon of Elderberry syrup has done me just fine. I guess I must now join the Lemmings and get the shot ONLY cause I want the doughnuts

Norm, I'm sol glad my AR 15 got stolen cause I will guarantee you they're coming to take them away

Have a great day Olds friends
Old March 23rd, 2021, 05:37 AM
Jeff

How you know you're getting old, version 272: throwing your back out putting on socks in the morning. DAMMIT!
Old March 23rd, 2021, 05:52 AM

Originally Posted by Weezer
How you know you're getting old, version 272: throwing your back out putting on socks in the morning. DAMMIT!
Jeff - As someone who has back issues, I sympathize with you brother! How you know you're getting old Version 273: When you throw your back out picking up dog poop. That's how it happened to me last time mine went out. I was just lucky it wasn't a real bad one and it got better in 3 or 4-days, I hope your case is not too severe.
Old March 23rd, 2021, 11:21 AM

And a great morning it is!

Despite my Google Apps crashing again on my tablet, and having to reset the tablet to factory settings and reinstall all my Apps and links, it has still been a great morning. Why you ask, because I got a call this morning for the wife and I to go get our first Covid vaccines. It's at a smaller pharmacy an hours drive away, almost all the way toTimbuktu, but hey I ain't bitching! We're both excited!
Old March 23rd, 2021, 11:28 AM
Running On Empty

Chris - Getting pegylated are you? Good deal!
I’ve been sanding, priming & swinging a paint brush all day. Fun never stops around here.
Old March 23rd, 2021, 11:38 AM

Norm - Thanks. I had to look up "pegylated", my new vocabulary word for the day, I learned something new! Good luck with whatever you're painting. I've got some small areas on my engine block and intake that I'm going to touch up on the 4-4-2, but I'm waiting for the temp to go up, and the humidity to down before I try it.
Old March 23rd, 2021, 11:50 AM
Running On Empty

Chris - Actually, the pegylation has already been applied to the adjuvant nanoparticles w/in the vaccine - therefore, in reality the nanoparticles have been pegylated, but you're going to get your share. Yeah, pegylation is not your everyday run-of-the-mill scientific term; but then again mRNA is not something most folks bother to try to get a handle around. It always strikes me funny how vaccine manufacturer's expect the vaccine recipient (patient) to read & know what is contained w/in the vaccine and identify if they have any allergic reactions to the ingredients. Uh huh, yeah right. My right rotator cuff is getting a work out - should help to build up my golf swing?