The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old June 10th, 2019, 09:08 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Mike - It was served just like this. The white stuff you see is the cheese curds that haven't melted yet. There's more of them under the beef. My serving did have a lot more gravy.

Old June 10th, 2019, 09:33 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Mike - I suspect something like this with that bowl of gravy on the side would make ya a happy camper
Old June 10th, 2019, 10:10 AM

Speaking of different countries Junk food.

Norm,

ya ever had a Hawaiian Toastie when you were in de Nederlands. Yummy [basically it's a grilled ham and cheese sandwich with pineapples slices inside ]
Old June 10th, 2019, 12:32 PM
Always room for one more

Well I finished up with a respectable 23 wheels. The usual group stayed over, we weren't that far off. I don't stay late, Tiger wouldn't appreciate it, plus the couple hours between getting home and going to bed is my only time to live during the week.

Rain has been in the area, and I still hear thunder, so I'm guessing the rain will be back. I won't even attempt Summit tonight. They usually cancel for less that this, and even if they did have it, there wouldn't be many people. Might as well get a few things done.

So I need to get the dogmobile smog checked. For the longest time the check engine light was on, I assume for a bad O2 sensor. Well, it's been off now for a couple weeks. So I'm not going to worry about it. The High Saturn used to do this every year. It would come on, and in a couple weeks go out. Always passed. Got all my tag information in the mail, which needs to be taken care of this week, because my birthday is next week and I won't be home. The tag office people always seem so happy to be able to charge the late fee. I don't know why, they don't get to keep it.

In Australia they have the same food but call it something different. We say chicken parmesan, they say parma. They say kabab, it's basically a gyro. Of course I grew up calling it a gyro, like on an airplane, and can't even begin to pronounce it correctly. But I've never had anything bad over there.

Allan there's a dish at Chick Fil A that looks like that. It's called a Hot Brown. I'm surprised anyone can get up and walk out of the place after they eat one. We used to go there at 3am for lunch when I worked in the hangar. Saw a guy eat two of them. Needless to say he wasn't worth much the rest of the night.

Well I better do something before I sink to the bottom. I want to be able to sleep good tonight so I can go in early tomorrow. Sitting down and taking a nap will not help that goal. See ya's all later.
Old June 10th, 2019, 03:02 PM
Running On Empty

James - My friends in Maastricht make those w/ some frequency - I love 'em.

39/42 = 81 I can't seem to break 80 w/ any consistency. My goal is to consistently break 80 this summer.
Old June 10th, 2019, 03:41 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Originally Posted by Vintage Chief
My goal is to consistently break 80 this summer.
Well how easy is that? Even I can break 80. I just stop when I get to 79... who cares if it's a DNF? It's close enough to the 19th hole and a cold one it doesn't matter. You set a goal and find a way to achieve it - one way or another. I guess you could also just lie...
Old June 10th, 2019, 03:43 PM
Always room for one more

Well it turned out to be a nice evening, sunshine and all. I don't doubt that the car show was cancelled, but I wasn't going anyway.

Got the car checked out. For cars "as new" as mine they don't do a sniff test, it's something plugged into the computer. Passed no problem. I also went to the tag office to get all my registrations. Funny, the girl asks me if I'm in the Transit, and could I go look to see what the GVWR is. I said, I could be it's really just an automobile. She said any guesses? I said, it can't weigh more than 2500lbs. So that's what she put. I looked when I got home and it was 4900. I don't know what the vehicle itself weighs, but that's not what she wanted to know. My theory is, since they've been asking this question for a couple years, is the state is putting together a database of truck weights and will eventually start charging by weight, not age. The dogmobile is a small delivery vehicle, and delivery vehicles aren't ordinarily smogged. But since it's actually based on a car, they treat it like a car. So they aren't getting the GVWR from me, they can't have it both ways. Lice is what they are.

Okay the wind down commences. Have a good night everyone.
Old June 10th, 2019, 03:45 PM

Norm, I have a GREAT friend in the south too. Geleen [right next to Maastricht]

I once drove the road in the Movie "A Bridge too far" all the way to Arhnem bridge, I often wonder if the poor soul that rented me a Alfa is still employed in the rent a car business
Old June 10th, 2019, 03:54 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Mike - I was interested to hear that the high Saturn would throw a CEL occasionally but clear out. Our low Saturn had the same CEL problem and I replaced the forward O2 sensor about 3 times, which seemed to be the problem, and then did a reset with my OBDII scan tool. When it threw the CEL again, it was the EGR Valve (stuck pintle). Since it's been replaced the car hasn't thrown any CELs so I figured the 2 must somehow be related. Yeah, it's amazing what the GVWR is on cars and vans now. I was surprised how much they are - even more than pre smog cars it seems. In a world where the emphasis is on lighter more fuel efficient cars it's almost non sequitur IMO
Old June 10th, 2019, 04:00 PM
Running On Empty

James - I'm pretty sure my friend Rene (pictured below), works in Geleen (at the hospital research facility) as a research scientist in blood platelet coagulation. I can't recall, either Rene works in Geleen or her lifetime boyfriend Michel works in Geleen at Philips.

Downtown Maastricht
Old June 10th, 2019, 04:16 PM

Norm, Small world

and I bet she puts mayo on her fries

And says "Doei Doei"
Old June 10th, 2019, 04:18 PM
Running On Empty

James - I can't tell you the name of the restaurant (pictured below) where I've eaten numerous times in Aachen, but I can tell you how to walk there. Great food & beverage. They serve my favorite Sauerbrauten w/ extra Rotkohl.

Old June 10th, 2019, 04:19 PM
Running On Empty

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
...she puts mayo on her fries
...she woudn't be from De Nederlands if she did not.
Old June 10th, 2019, 05:13 PM
Oh no, not again...

Dang it Norm, now you've made me hungry. Sauerbraten und Rotkohl, throw in some Spätzle, oh yeah...I can taste it now...

But, since I'm a good Canadian now, I've also developed a taste for Poutine. It's a lot easier to get than Sauerbraten is around here.

And there's nothing wrong with mayo on fries; - the funny thing is a good friend of mine in the coin club is Dutch, and he can't stand the stuff, bring mayo anywhere near and he freaks out.

Thanks for the complements on the Buick; - it was a good car but a handful to drive. It had a 248 OHV straight 8 in it, and a 3 speed manual transmission. It would do 60 loudly, and when pushed would top out at about 80 mph. It handled incredibly well on gravel,it was hairy on the highway at speed, and would hydroplane on spit with those tires. It was original down to the tag hanging from the clock. The car scared me, because even though it never once let me down, if it ever decided to it would have been catastrophic and expensive because of it's originality, it would have had to be done "right", no cutting corners. The car was a real museum piece.

So when the right offer for it came in, I traded it off. The guy that traded for it was the 3rd owner (3 guys went broke trying to restore it) of my old Wildcat after I'd traded it off in 2006 for the Electra; - so I ended up with what I wanted all along, the Wildcat that I had rescued from a wrecker restored. It just took ten years. Now the other bizarre thing is I've never paid a dollar for that Wildcat; I traded a 64 Olds Dynamic 88 hardtop for it initially, and the second time, that 46 Buick. The 64 Olds cost me $300 and a motor job; I taught my wife how to rebuild engines on that 394. It was actually where I learned to appreciate a fine Oldsmobile; - once I got the transmission dialed in the car was a real sweet runner.
Old June 11th, 2019, 05:29 AM

I've never had poutine, It looks good. I don't think I have ever seen it on a menu around here. I love that 46 Buick, Marc. Though I have never really had a desire to own a car of that era. To me the 60's are the best,(even though I don't own one). The 60's cars seem modern enough to use as transportation but still have their own style. Course it sure is funny to get a kid in the Olds and have them ask what the push buttons on the dash are for, or the crank handles on the door panels. Take care guys...
Old June 11th, 2019, 06:54 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Greg - It's really good. I'm sure at least one of the restaurants there should offer it. From what I understand it's a French Canadian dish so maybe the southern states where the cajun population migrated would have that as a standard menu item? I know that I'm now hooked on it. The flavor comes from the gravy and cheese curds. Once you try a good bowl of that stuff, you'll want more.

There's not too many good German cuisine places here Marc, unless you know some hidden gems. When I was growing up my best friend was German and I often ate at their place. The food was absolutely wonderful and made Canadian cuisine seem so blah... Then I discovered pizza.

The garage insulation is done. Only took them about an hour to blow in all the Johns Manville fluffy stuff. Next thing will be the window install and I think that will be close to the first week of July. I can't believe how fast the $$$ adds up on house upgrades. In this case the insulation and windows were not just upgrades, they were necessary to keep the cost of heating down. This next winter will be a good test to see if our decision was a good one. Honestly though I can't see how we would go wrong on this.

Looking like a beautimus day shaping up. So maybe, just maybe I can get the lawns cut without fear of being rained on. I don't like cutting it when it's damp so I'll wait till the afternoon.

Too bad Toronto. You're gonna have to go at least one more game to capture the NBA title this year. Man that was close. I honestly thought they had the game won in the last 2 minutes. Sometimes I wonder if there's not some kind of pre-arranged game plan to extend the series so the revenue from ticket sales can be maximized. Front court seats at that game were selling for $54,000 each and the place was packed. Now the game shifts to the GSW Oracle arena.
Old June 11th, 2019, 07:08 AM
Proud Viet Nam Veteran

Good Morning Guys:
You guys are talking about some food I have never heard of. Being from Louisiana I can tell you it is not on the Cajun food list. It does look good.
Allan, sorry about the Toronto loss last night. I can't stand the Warriors. $54,000 for a seat is insane, really insane. I really hope Toronto wins the championship. Keaton our oldest grandson is a big basketball fan and was really rooting for Toronto. He was upstairs watching and we could hear him downstairs.
I worked in the backyard trimming shrubs and cleaning flower beds yesterday. I will get the bark mulch down in the beds this afternoon. I have to take my wife to the doctor today to discuss the results of the MRI and MRA. We have a copy of the reports but too much medical mumbo jumbo to know what they say.
I better get going and take my walk. It is 69 degrees right now so I can probably take Lucy with me. It is too hot most of the time now to take her. She does love the walk.
Have a good day guys.
Glenn
Old June 11th, 2019, 12:36 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Steady but busy day today. Glad it's done. I kept thinking today was Wednesday. Imagine my surprise when I found out it wasn't.

Chiro day. The woman will be back today. Not sure I'm up to it. They said they contacted my insurance for the next round and it was approved, but didn't say anything about the first round. That was 1300 bucks I shelled out and so far have seen little results. Gonna have to have a pow wow and see what's up. I know what's up.

Sunny and warm out. Temp thing in the car said 88 while I was driving home, and the radio said high of 82. Weatherman obviously wasn't riding in my car.

Okay gonna go do a little something before my appointment. Have a good afternoon everyone.
Old June 11th, 2019, 02:07 PM

Busy day planing funerals, cutting grass e eye e I oh
Old June 11th, 2019, 02:20 PM
Running On Empty

Symptoms of golf withdrawal - intermittent showers today. No moss or mildew growing on me as I’m covered head to toe in TSP, Simply Green and bleach washing the exterior house siding. Tagged by a wasp yesterday. Found six nests under the eaves. Wasps 1: Norm 100 Game over. About the same time of year 6-7 years ago I was washing the exterior siding with shirt off and they swarmed me - I got tagged about a dozen times in less than 15 seconds. That wasn’t cool.
Old June 11th, 2019, 04:20 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Twas a good afternoon. I took back the string trimmer to Casa Depot since it didn't get used. My replacement carb arrived in time to solve the problem with the old trimmer. HD was very good about taking it back. Kudos to their customer service staff. Also took in a 5 gallon bucket of fence stain to be shaken (not stirred ). Charlie asked if it had been opened and yes, it had but only the screw on cap.It's almost a full container and has been stored downstairs for about 5 years. I remember getting a great deal, and over estimated how much I needed to do the whole fence. Anyway, he was worried the container might rupture but it didn't; plastic is pretty tough stuff. I tried to twist the cap open at home but no dice. Charlie showed me a new trick to unlock stubborn caps. They use an oil filter wrench for stubborn things like that. Who would have thunk it? There wasn't any paint on the threads so it just must have gotten stuck with age.

The missus asked me to buy her another parsley plant so that got done too; and it's planted beside the other one. Shouldn't be long before we have a lot of fresh parsley in the salads and garnishes. I can't believe how expensive it is in the stores right now The rest of the garden and flowers are really looking good and I imagine in several weeks it will look even better. Still disappointed that no hummingbirds are helping themselves to my hummingbird smorgasbord feeder. I followed the mix directions precisely and didn't add any color. The feeder is hanging right beside a basket of red flowers. Supposedly they are attracted to red....

Grass has been cut and looks fantastic! A quick check for RLBs yielded one single bug which quickly became smershed.

After I came in from getting the outside done, the missus asked if I could change out the cartridges in the upstairs I keep a supply of them handy and it was a quick job. Installing the shut off valves under every sink 2 years ago made this a whole lot easier. I really don't want to have to replace the taps but really it's almost time. Moen has been really good to us with warranty on anything that was not working well.

Glenn - I hope the results of the MRI and MRA were helpful. I really hate trying to decipher mumbo jumbo too. I'm not a Warriors fan either so I hope Thursday will be the final game. It would have been nice for them to win the title on home turf. But it would also be nice to hand the Warriors a defeat on their home turf. Six of one, half dozen of another.
Old June 11th, 2019, 05:16 PM
Oh no, not again...

Greg, I've had a few cars from the 40s and that Buick was by far the easiest and best to drive. When we got it running (it had sat on a lot for 4 years), and after she first drove it, my wife told me I'm never to buy a 40s vintage Chev or Pontiac ever again. She learned to drive a standard on a 49 Chevy which didn't have enough power to get out of it's own way. The 50s cars I've had have been mostly foreign, I've had a couple of Mercedes and a Borgward from that period. The 60s stuff is the easiest and most fun; it has the power but the handling isn't quite there until after about 1969. The 70s stuff was the most comfortable and handled the best, but the power was way down. 80s and 90s stuff is just lacklustre and boring; - no power and "meh" handling with lousy build quality. That's just my opinion though; I'm sure many others have different viewpoints.

Allan, there are 3 places in Edmonton that have German cuisine, and none of them are German. One is Czech, the other is Polish, and the one with the Germanic name is Austrian. The Germans have the German-Canadian Club which is mediocre at best. And not one of them makes a decent Sauerbraten. But you can get a half-decent schnitzel at all of them. I guess schnitzel is tough to screw up.

Glenn, considering my height (6'8") basketball was one thing I could never get into. I used to have real coke-bottles for glasses which meant no depth perception. So I'd always be stopping ***** with my face, and that makes it kinda hard to like a game when it always hurts. The depth perception problem was cured when I did laser surgery about 20 years ago and got to throw the glasses away for 10 years. Hope you got some positive answers with regards to the MRI and MRA questions; hopefully you've got a doctor who isn't afraid to give you answers in direct language, nothing worse than misconceptions or misunderstandings. Hope everything works out OK.

Mike, You may want to consider switching chiropractors. It just took me a year to find someone who actually listens enough to try something, and guess what, it works. I walk out of there feeling like a million bucks, but for the longest time it was just session after session with no relief and I was getting really P.O'ed. So just when I was ready to move to another office, they get this new guy who actually works for me. Now instead of $400 a month, it's back to $50.

Norm, are you allergic to wasps? Dangerous stuff...had one fly into my beer can once, took a swig, felt something on my tongue, and spit it out. It was a very happy and inebriated wasp who wasn't feeling any pain anymore and luckily didn't inflict any on me. He had a bit more than a hangover to worry about when I was through with him.

Jamesbo, just as long as what you're planting don't start to sprout and climb out of those holes...boy would that be freaky...

Not much else new; - have to go and try and hit a branch of my bank tomorrow, the stupid debit card has quit again. It's bloody embarrassing when you go to buy a pack of gum and it comes back "declined"...I hate banks.
Old June 11th, 2019, 05:27 PM
Running On Empty

Marc - No allergies to bees, wasps or hornets. My only allergy is to perennial ragweed (Ambrosia psilostachya) & w/in close proximity I turn to a sneezing walking ball of snot.
Old June 11th, 2019, 10:08 PM

Allan, I have had humming birds here for the past two summers, but this year, not a one. I don't know why. The feeder is hanging where it always has, and I added red Petunia's to the mix. I tried finding red Morning Glories, but no luck, no one has them here. Speaking of various years of cars, the REOlds Museum is raffling off a '61 Super 88 convertible, for it's fund raiser this year. A sweet looking car.

Last edited by 1969w3155; June 12th, 2019 at 09:48 AM.
Old June 12th, 2019, 06:56 AM

Headed to Casa Depot to get a nut to fix a pocket door, Then gonna meet a college buddy for Cuban Food. I see Ropa Vieja in my very near future. Roughly translated "old clothes" but it's basically a beef stew in sofrito sauce

Have a great day Olds friends
Old June 12th, 2019, 07:09 AM
Proud Viet Nam Veteran

Good Morning Guys:
Thanks for the concern you guys expressed for my wife. We got good reports yesterday. There were a couple little minor things but nothing serious.
Norm, if I had been stung that many times I would have been in the hospital. Many many years ago when my wife and I were dating, I got stung seven times by red wasp. Four times on the head and three time on my back. I wound up in the emergency room.
Marc my oldest grandson played basket ball through the 8th grade. He loved it and was very good at shooting 3's and free throughs. He was a power forward. He had one game in 8th grade where he scored 18 points. He was on the B team. He tried out his freshman year and did not make the team. It became very evident they did not want a tall white kid playing. Reverse racism and it really pissed me and his mom off. He still love basketball but he has done exceptional in band and is better off for it.
Well, back to the yard work today. I have about 15 bags of bark mulch to get out and then go and get the big trailer and get anther yard of dirt so I can get some sod down.
Have a good day guys.

Glenn
Old June 12th, 2019, 08:17 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Seems like everyone is in slow motion. No one is in a hurry and I've only signed off a paltry 14 wheels so far. By now I should be well over 20. Eh, the lead doesn't seem worried so why should I be.

Glenn it sounds like your grandson would excel in anything he does. Good for him. I was going to say people don't have that talent these days, but I'm afraid that they do, and just don't apply themselves. May he always do well.

I've been stung by the orange wasps a couple times, really had no reaction to it. Got stung on the hand by something that looked like a little bee, lived in the ground, and my hand swelled up like a helium balloon. Probably some sort of hornet.

Think I'll finish up my lunch and take a power nap. Being in the bunker, I don't know what the weather is doing outside, but the phone says it's nice. So I'm planning on doing some mowing when I get home.
Old June 12th, 2019, 10:09 AM
Just an Olds Guy

I think it's time to go get my ears lowered.

Glenn - sounds like good news for your missus.

Had to look up Ropa Cubanista. Looks pretty decent.

Good looking day here. Already 72 but feels much cooler with the wind. Spoda be a high around 80 or so.
Old June 12th, 2019, 12:34 PM
Always room for one more

Funny, driving home the thing in the car said 72* , and on the highway with the windows down it felt damn cold. I drive with all four windows down instead of the AC on, it makes me feel like I'm in a convertible.

Well I finished the day with a barely respectable 25 wheels. The lead said, I don't know what happened today. I couldn't tell if he was joking or serious. If he was serious that was highly naïve. The clowns drug their feet all day, screwed around, sandbagged really. Something's gonna give and it won't be pretty.

Think I'll mow. Also gotta put air in a tire on the dogmobile, and trim some branches that have grown over the front sidewalk. Besides being cool it's cloudy, so it will be a pleasure doing manual labor outside, instead of sweating like crazy.
Old June 12th, 2019, 12:53 PM

Sooooooooooooooooo, This +)+(_)_+)+()&)_&_+ pocket door doesn[;t have the usual rollers, It has a plastic guide [actually 2 that slides in the track] that has a nut in it that screws to a bolt in the top of the door. For some reason, the bolt came loose and disappeared. I got the correct size nut but it fit's inside the plastic guide, [that slides in the track].and I can't figger out how to get it started on the bolt. PHAT fingers are not helping and I really don't want to rip off the trim and casing

Maybe sum rotten potatoes will give me some guidance
Old June 12th, 2019, 01:52 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Almost 80° outside right now but feels hotter. I used the Saturn to go shopping this mawnin and get my ears lowered. I think that was a good idea considering I don't do well in heat at all. For a 23 year old car it still runs pretty nicely. Just came inside. The planters are all watered as are the hanging baskets. The heat will be good for them to get a growth spurt going.

That Kohler auto choke system on that Sears mower has been bugging me a lot. Sure, it will start on the first pull, but then it just over chokes itself until the choke fully opens. I got in the habit of starting it, running it for 30 seconds and then letting it sit for 5 minutes while I did something else. Second time around it would always run perfectly - so it's not a carb problem. Today I was doing some sleuthing on the web and found a DIY about Kohler auto choke problems. The gist of it is that the choke plate pivot rod can get gummed up and prevent the choke from opening properly. So I trundled the mower to the garage and took off the air cleaner shroud. Yup, the choke cam was grimy and gummed up. I used carb cleaner and compressed air to clean it. I also wiggled the choke rod back and forth with more carb cleaner and blew that clean too. Rinse/repeat a few times. Reassemble, just like Johnny 5. One pull and it started perfectly. I let it run and it didn't choke out like before. I think this has solved the problem. Just in time too because I was seriously thinking about going out tomorrow and buying a Honda powered Troy Bilt since they're on sale right now.

Probably much to the chagrin of the southern folks who attend this thread, I have the AC on and set for 73. Can't help it; my health comes first. I do notice that the temps come down quickly with all the insulation work we've done, including that recent job in the garage ceiling.

Grilling burgers for dinner. That and some baked beans with some cheese noodle I think.
Old June 12th, 2019, 10:25 PM

Getting my ears lowered as well, Thursday. Allan no problem with the A/C temp. When I have mine on, it is usually set between 70 & 72°. I may take Friday off, and paint the front door to match the roof, then maybe head downtown for the food truck rally.
Old June 13th, 2019, 03:51 AM

Well, today is the show in Westphalia, don't know if we will go or not, looking at the forecast now I doubt it. Rained all night and supposed to rain all day. I probably cinched the rain as I cleaned up the Cutlass yesterday! This seems to be the coldest/wettest spring I can remember. Here it is the 13th of June and it is cold in the house. I used to refuse to run the heat after June 1st but this year we broke down and turned it back on a couple days ago. This morning I want to start it again, now I have on a flannel shirt and blanket over me! Geez.... It's about 50 outside now.(0630). Haven't done much in the barn lately. I made a mistake and got in a hurry when putting down the 4x8 sheets, I didn't mark where the logs and 2x6's were when I could see them. Now it's hard to hit them when screwing them down as they are tongue and grove and you can't see thru the cracks. The other day the wife went over and looked up from the 1st floor to tell me which way I needed to move when I missed with a screw. Slow going...
Old June 13th, 2019, 04:25 AM

Greg. Can't ya pull a calk string?

No thanks to my Olds friends, I got the pocket door repaired with a BF Hammer. Pull the top out of the track, screwed the bolt on then gently place the guide back in the track with a hammer

Grass cut-check

Weed eat Check

May go smack whitey around before the funeral

Have a great day Olds friends
Old June 13th, 2019, 06:41 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Thorsday! Time to hammer down and head for brekkie with da boyz.

Rained here last night too. Don't know how much but the garden and flower beds are all wet and there's water beading off the cars.

Jim - Didn't know ya needed help. After all, if ya got a BFH dats all de hep ya usually need. Whack whitey on Thorsday?? Dat will cost ya strokes. 46/45

Greg - Won't a stud finder help ya? Find 2 points and run a chalk line. I thought you had screwed em all down as you laid them.

Dan - I used to have it that cool, but found over time that 73 was a comfortable range. In the winter we usually only set the heat to around 71.

Glenn - Good to hear your missus is ok. Sounds like you're putting in way too much work being retired.
Old June 13th, 2019, 08:37 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Went out to the car for lunch and all this black smoke was billowing off the runway on the other side of the field. It was all gone by the time I got back, maybe 30 minutes. Wonder if the TSA was having a practice run at restricting the passengers.

Been a good morning of turning wheels on the eddy current machine. It gets a little tiring just standing there all day, but the good thing is I don't have to hear the fathead and his minions.

Beautiful out. Hot. Love it. My AC is set somewhere around 78 and in the winter the heat is set about 66.

Jamesbo all's I would have told you was to get a big hammer. You already had that covered.

Okay my buds are back, see ya.
Old June 13th, 2019, 08:58 AM

Norm inspires me . Played pretty good fer an old fat guy 40/45 [odd, I usually play better on the back side but the par puts eluded ,me]

I jes saw a Saleen Rustang at the Shopping center near by. Boy The price for a Rustangs has really gone up since 64 1/2
Old June 13th, 2019, 02:05 PM

Thanks for the suggestions about the floor. The chalk line is a idea but I can only see one end of the 2x6, in the middle you can't see them because of the tongue and groove, also these are 14' 2x6's that sit on the I beam in the middle. (The total width of the floor is about 28'.) So the 14 footers on the west side are in a different place than the ones on the east side. Same as the logs as they are also crooked in some places because one side got in the way of the other. Hard to explain but easy if you could see it. I thought about a stud finder but I don't know if they will work thru 3/4" osb. I didn't screw down the osb as I laid it because that made it really difficult to get the next tongue to go in the groove. It was easier to leave it all loose with only 3 or 4 screws in each board then go back and screw it all down. At least it should have been easy if I hadn't forgotten to make some locator marks. Anyway it's going Ok just slow. That's OK I'm retired. Speaking of the tongue and groove boards, We had SO much fun yucking it up with the standard answer or comment, "That's what she said...." when all the old boys were over laying the boards. Ah simple pleasures for simple minds....
Didn't go to Westphalia, whole state is raining. It doesn't look good for Homecoming either on Saturday. I won't miss that but may not take the Olds. Take care guys.
Old June 13th, 2019, 02:42 PM
Running On Empty

44/40 - Not my best showing. The much more expensive stud finders will go through 3/4" OSB but they're upwards of ~$50-$75. Mine ($16.50) works great through up to 3/4" gypsum/drywall, but not so much on other wood board materials such as OSB - dicey at best. Holy Cow Poop - $71K for a 2019 Saleen.
Old June 13th, 2019, 02:52 PM
Running On Empty

OMG Just steamed up some fresh Atlantic sea scallops in Old Bay + Vinegar - very sweet & juicy. Along w/ some vine ripe (somewhere in C.A. or Mexico I'm sure) tomatoes I should probably be throwing back some Carib cerbeza.