The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old June 3rd, 2022, 12:49 AM

Heading Norte, The Cast of Spartacus is coming Need to get sum grub to feed this group

Have a great weekend Olds friends
Old June 3rd, 2022, 03:17 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Man I was done when I got home last night. Went right to bed. And then my neighbor fired up a chainsaw. Apparently he feels the thing should be run at WOT the entire time it is running, whether he's cutting something or just holding it.

The pickup needed gas this morning but I only put in 30 bucks. Got a whopping 7 gallons. Well, at least now I don't have to walk. Got the part for the dogmobile and will put it in this afternoon. The car is going in for brakes on Monday, so better gas mileage is on the horizon. I think the truck gets 11.

So no telling what time we'll leave today. I brought lunch anyway. No overtime this weekend. Just not feeling being here. Gonna be nice this weekend.

Have a good day everyone.

Old June 3rd, 2022, 03:43 AM

Dan, no I haven't been to Gilmore in prolly 6-7 years. Looking forward to the Model T experience in August this year. Hope I see you there. Went to the grandson's high school grad yesterday. Great weather, all great.. Now we are also going to his baseball regionals on Saturday in Ionia, 1st game at 10, then another game later in the day if they win the 1st one. Then sometime during the day we will leave Ionia and go to see other son's 2 daughters play volleyball in Grand Rapids. Then after whatever games we will go to 1st sons house and help set up for grandsons open house, stay the night there and go to open house on Sunday. Then Buddy gets spade Monday morn. Grandson is playing in the "Diamond Classic" on Monday, which is a invitational baseball series---- WOW! well we can't go to that one. He and his team is doing so well.
Gas is up to $5.00.9 yesterday.
Ok that is my highest actual sighting. I remember when it got to $4.29.9 back in 2012. This driving all around the state with $5 dollar gas is pricey!!
Old June 3rd, 2022, 06:12 AM
Always room for one more

Hey Greg, get yourself an electric car. The fuel is free because you just plug it into your house. I mean, you pay your electric bill anyway, right? No I don't really think that.

Okay here is a question I know some guys will know. How do I know what band my cell phone uses? I may have mentioned this before, I get bad cell phone reception at my new house and I thought about getting a signal booster. That is one of the things one of them said to know, what band it operates on. I should find out what the neighbors have for cell phones, and if they work better than Verizon. I wouldn't mind switching companies, I'm no longer as enthralled with Verizon as I once was.

So it's Friday, we have a reduced number, and everyone is lollygagging around. Good thing I brought my lunch.

Old June 3rd, 2022, 06:44 AM

Here's a pic of that '76 Dodge Dually with 4-doors and a full 8-ft. bed that my buddy restored. It has the original.Dodge 360 in it right now, but he's looking for a 440 to rebuild and throw in there sometime.down the road. I think this beast may be the longest regular vehicle I've ever seen that wasn't a special design like a Limo.

Old June 3rd, 2022, 08:11 AM

Chris, I'd hate to buy the gas it takes to go around the block
Old June 3rd, 2022, 08:19 AM

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
Chris, I'd hate to buy the gas it takes to go around the block
No doubt!!!
Old June 3rd, 2022, 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by slantflat
Okay here is a question I know some guys will know. How do I know what band my cell phone uses? I may have mentioned this before, I get bad cell phone reception at my new house and I thought about getting a signal booster. That is one of the things one of them said to know, what band it operates on. I should find out what the neighbors have for cell phones, and if they work better than Verizon. I wouldn't mind switching companies, I'm no longer as enthralled with Verizon as I once was.
Mike,
I'm not an expert in this field, but it sounds as if you are referring to WIFI per the signal booster and band usage. Totally different than cel phones. You may need to investigate and see which company has towers nearest to you. With our former carrier, I couldn't get signals at work if I went into the building, away from the exterior walls. With the new carrier, I get signals throughout the building.
Old June 3rd, 2022, 03:48 PM

Greg, sounds like you have a hectic weekend planned. Back in March I was doing my grocery shopping at the local Meijer's, and I intended to get some strawberries, well they wanted $6.99 for a pound of them, nope, not gonna pay it. So, on the way home I stopped at an Aldi's to see what their price was for the berries, $3.49, ah much better. What's on the news this last week? strawberries sold @ Wal Mart and Aldi's recalled due to reported cases of Hepatitis! FUDGE! I emailed my doc as to what steps to take. i went and had blood work done this afternoon, hopefully nothing comes of it.
Old June 3rd, 2022, 03:51 PM

Well, Jim, there's this one, it's green, but has a green interior as well, with speakers in the doors, and the lift kit. These are getting to be like first gen. Bronco's, all of them seem to be modified. https://bringatrailer.com/listing/19...et-blazer-103/
Old June 3rd, 2022, 07:22 PM

Monty confiding in his mute friend Mortarmer
Old June 3rd, 2022, 08:21 PM

That dog gives me the urge to pat his side like playing the bongos; he is cute.
Old June 3rd, 2022, 08:36 PM

Originally Posted by Koda
That dog gives me the urge to pat his side like playing the bongos; he is cute.
John - Thanks, he'd love you playing the bongos on him. He loves everyone, even complete strangers from the second they walk in the door!
Old June 3rd, 2022, 09:34 PM

Thanks, that's a beautiful Blazer . People are really proud of them.

I may have to wait for the crash
Old June 4th, 2022, 08:46 AM

Good morning guys,

Just got back from my 9-yr. old grandson Gabe's soccer game. I think his team won 7 or 8 goals to 1. He had a big day, 3 goals and 2 assists. It's always exciting for me to watch him play, I think he's gonna be a heck of an athlete in whatever sports he decides to play as he gets older.

Now a couple hour break and I'll be off to the car show and cruise.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!
Old June 4th, 2022, 09:11 AM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

What an exciting morning. Went to the Awful house and stayed there a little while, then came home and went over to the airport and hung out with the old guys for a little while. Okay, maybe not exciting but nice. The one old guy is a flight instructor and he and his student took off and flew around and then landed, and then took off again. I don't think there's anything more graceful than flight.

Was gonna change the oxygen sensor in the dogmobile this morning, there was no way the connector was coming apart. It doesn't look like there's any trick to getting it apart, probably just 12 years of not being apart is keeping it together. I'm going to look at a Transit Connect website and see if there's a certain way to hold my mouth or something. Next up, glove box for the Saturn. Years ago I hit the brakes and my lunchbox fell off the seat and smashed the glove box door. This after the latch broke and it hung open all the time. Well, that car will probably become a trade for whatever I might find as the new mom-mobile so I need to get it all back together. I really enjoy telling my friends from Australia that I drive a Commodore.

Just beautiful out. Not too hot. Might mess with the mower a little later on. I've decided, after having a fit about it(like I usually do) that I can't really afford a new John Deere, so if I can at least get this POS going I'll suffer with it for awhile.

Okay quick lunch then out the door. Hope everyone has a good weekend.

Old June 4th, 2022, 12:46 PM

Good results. HEPATITIS PANEL - Details Component Results

Component Your Value Standard Range Flag Hepatitis A Antibody IgM Negative Negative, Equivocal
Hepatitis B Surface Antigen Negative Negative
Hepatitis B Core Antibody IgM Negative Negative
Hepatitis C Antibody Negative Negative,

Last edited by 1969w3155; June 4th, 2022 at 12:49 PM.
Old June 4th, 2022, 04:50 PM
Running On Empty

Dan - great news on Hep igM panel
Mike - Argh on cell phone coverage. You need to locate your nearest Verizon tower. They do publish this stuff. 1st, if you can get a (let’s say) -140dBm signal you first need an outside/exterior (donor) antenna, second you need an indoor amplifier and finally an indoor antenna. Three pieces of equipment the cost of which is most often based upon the amplifier ability to boost signal. But if you’re below say -140dBm it’s expensive. Most amplifiers boost +60dBm to get you a signal of about -80dBm - a fairly good signal boost. But it’s the outside/external antenna which must first grab a tower signal, anything lower than -140dBm is IMO useless. If a Verizon tower can’t supply -140dBm, find a different carrier. This information is published, have to do some research. AT&T and Verizon don’t play well together, no one plays well with Verizon (sorry to break the news to you). If Verizon can’t cut the mustard, try AT&T.

Last edited by Vintage Chief; June 4th, 2022 at 04:53 PM.
Old June 5th, 2022, 06:12 AM
Running On Empty

My signal strength is -110dBm inside my home, fairly decent AT&T carrier. You want to figure out your dBm signal you generally dial this sequence

*3001#12345#*

Instructions here, pretty simple:

https://www.wilsonamplifiers.com/blo...the-right-way/
Old June 5th, 2022, 06:33 AM

Dan - Really glad all the hepatitis blood work came back negative!
Old June 5th, 2022, 06:43 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Dan that's great news. No idea how a strawberry gives one hepatitis, probably some third world country fertilizing them [by less than appropriate means].

Thanks Norm. I need to start researching other companies, as I'm well over my 2 year phone warranty, and Verizon will start messing with the phone remotely to get me to come in and get a new one. Might as well trade in the company at the same time. So far the phone is doing okay.

Figured out what I was doing wrong with the mower, which doesn't make sense because it was something I was doing before with no luck, and went out and mowed a little. About half way through the left side transmission torpedoed itself and I could only go in circles. Somehow coaxed it to the back yard and under the porch and that is where it will stay. It's going to be a very expensive chair for me to sit in while Tiger is in the yard. I still can't afford a new Deere but I have to do something. There is no more hope for that mower, and I'm not throwing good money after bad, just so something else can tear up.

So today it's grocery shopping and laundry. I'll probably mow a little at Mom's and that will be it. Still looking for a car, not having luck. I'm pretty much only looking for a Ford Flex at this point. They aren't to be found. People must really like them and won't turn loose.

Okay have a good day everyone.

Old June 5th, 2022, 07:42 AM

Dan, good news

Going to make grits a ya ya tonight for the crowd
Old June 5th, 2022, 07:55 AM

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
Going to make grits a ya ya tonight for the crowd
Jim - OK, you're gonna have to educate me on "grits a ya ya"??? If I were guessing, I would guess grits with everything but the kitchen sink thrown in, but I really have no clue.
Old June 5th, 2022, 08:47 AM
Running On Empty

Originally Posted by Dream67Olds442
...educate me on "grits a ya ya"

Old June 5th, 2022, 09:04 AM

Originally Posted by Vintage Chief
Norm - Thanks, that sure sounds good!
Old June 5th, 2022, 11:34 AM

Very good with alot of earthy flavor mushrooms, smoked gouda, spinach, bacon
Old June 5th, 2022, 11:44 AM
Running On Empty

You're one hell of a cook, Jim.
Old June 5th, 2022, 12:59 PM

You're one hell of a cook, Jim.
^^^x2^^^
Old June 5th, 2022, 01:06 PM

Hey guys,

This getting older $hit sure ain't for sissies, my arthritis makes me so stiff when I wake up in the morning anymore. I think I'll take a Yoga class in hope of maintaining some flexibility. I think this gal might make a good instructor?

Old June 5th, 2022, 01:17 PM

Chris, yes to the yoga, but something tells me that you are still gonna be stiff. Mike, I'm going to say farm workers with less than sanitary habits while working in the fields. The grits ya ya, look interesting, that's for sure.
Old June 5th, 2022, 03:55 PM

Chris/ Norm, tanks, it's good but fairly easy

When I get up in the morning everything is stiff except what I want to be stiff
Old June 5th, 2022, 05:06 PM
Always room for one more

Well this no car to ride around in is for the birds. Yet again we took the pickup to Walmart and I get my weekly stuff and Mom gets her weekly stuff. Along with the walker/cart thing she has, the stepladder so she can get in the truck, there was not enough room for all the groceries. Besides that Walmart handicap parking is always full with people who don't need it, so we held up traffic while Mom got into the truck. It took a full 5 minutes.

Took the Saturn to the mechanic today on the trailer, so he'll work on it tomorrow. I haven't paid for back brakes in decades so no idea what it will cost. Whatever it is it will beat me working on the ground.

Jamesbo what's the occasion for the Cast to visit up at the lake? Just a fling? Hope you guys have/had a good time.

So this week we go from working 2 to working all 5. Who wants to do that. Got a couple weeks of no real plans then I'm off a week. I hope I can get a lot done because my sister is coming and she'll start trying to pay for everything.

Okay bedtime. Have a good night everyone.

Old June 5th, 2022, 10:16 PM

Hey guys,

This getting older $hit sure ain't for sissies, my arthritis makes me so stiff when I wake up in the morning anymore. I think I'll take a Yoga class in hope of maintaining some flexibility. I think this gal might make a good instructor?

Back when I was an immature young man, ok, well, younger and less mature, we had a pretty serious filter on an academic chat program. Euphemisms were used. I believe damn near every term for **** was filtered. I had to modify gazongas to gahongas to get it under the radar.
Old June 6th, 2022, 02:07 AM

I sure am glad we can all just call them "knockers " like mel Brooks

Don't get me started on one liners from that movie

Mike it'S a yearly thing every summer. Only now we've added granddaughter. Just to stir the pot

Tonight I'm going to make enough Mexican food to feed Santa ana's army
Old June 6th, 2022, 04:11 AM

Here's the ya ya sans grits

sorry crummy picture but some days I have to be better than a 2 plate juggler cooking for 12
Old June 6th, 2022, 05:27 AM
Running On Empty

This getting older $hit sure ain't for sissies, my arthritis makes me so stiff when I wake up in the morning anymore.
Chris - I hear you regarding aging & arthritis - not for sissies. I'll be 70 end of September & over the past two years I've definitely felt the development of arthritis begin to settle in. I've been examining some various diet-oriented benefits for arthritis which I'll continue to research. I will say I never was one who did many stretching exercises. I've recently begun to develop more stretching exercises & honestly it "appears" straight out of the gate stretching is quite beneficial.
Old June 6th, 2022, 05:53 AM

Chris - I hear you regarding aging & arthritis - not for sissies. I'll be 70 end of September & over the past two years I've definitely felt the development of arthritis begin to settle in. I've been examining some various diet-oriented benefits for arthritis which I'll continue to research. I will say I never was one who did many stretching exercises. I've recently begun to develop more stretching exercises & honestly it "appears" straight out of the gate stretching is quite beneficial.
Norm - I agree with you 100% on the benefits of the stretching exercises. The stretching is extremely important when counter-balancing the building of additional muscle mass by weight lifting. Not that I'm trying to bulk up anymore by the lifting I do, just trying to hold on to what I've got at this point!
Old June 6th, 2022, 02:46 PM

Well, truck is back together mostly and ready to hit roads again. Next year I will get all of the outside painted, now all the jambs ,etc are trimmed out.

Old June 6th, 2022, 03:22 PM
Running On Empty

Greg - Looks great.
Old June 6th, 2022, 03:26 PM

Greg - Truck looks great! Nice job!