The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old June 6th, 2022, 04:47 PM
Running On Empty

Sauteed Portabella mushrooms, stewed tomoatoes, shrimps, smoked gouda alfredo sauced over a bed of spinach. With an ice cold glass of Perrier.

Old June 6th, 2022, 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by Vintage Chief
Sauteed Portabella mushrooms, stewed tomoatoes, shrimps, smoked gouda alfredo sauced over a bed of spinach. With an ice cold glass of Perrier.
Norm - Looks and sounds mighty tasty Norm! I want to be the judge at the cook-off between you and Jim!
Old June 6th, 2022, 05:10 PM
Running On Empty

Let's declare Jim the winner. The winner has to cook for everyone.
Although, that would be stupid and insane. Why should the winning cook be forced to cook for everyone.
It's likened to this absolutely stupid notion if you get a hole-in-one, you the person who got the hole-in-one is supposed to buy drinks for everyone at the bar/lounge? Golfers are Stupidly insane.

Last edited by Vintage Chief; June 6th, 2022 at 05:13 PM.
Old June 6th, 2022, 06:11 PM

Golfers are Stupidly insane.
Yes, yes they are, but still 5th in line behind football, basketball, baseball, and car fanatics!
Old June 6th, 2022, 06:28 PM

This little guy/gal is laying down in the field only about 15-yards from the back of my rear fence. Saw it with Momma yesterday and it was none too steady on it's feet. We saw Momma come up to it again this afternoon where it is laying there in the field and then the Mom ran off again. I hope it is not injured and that the Mom comes back before it gets too dark, way too many coyotes around here!

Old June 7th, 2022, 02:57 AM

Chris, does do that every day. Hide the young and go graze. She'll be back

Norm looks delicious. Don't you think shrimp and mushrooms go nicely together?

Thanks for the compliment guys but after this week I see ordering pizza in my near future
Old June 7th, 2022, 03:45 AM

Buddy got "fixed" yesterday. He is doing great, he does want to lick his site. We have a "Cone of Shame" but haven't had to put it on so far. If told he will leave his wound alone. We also had a chip put in him, only $30.00 and now he is registered- what a celebrity!!
Old June 7th, 2022, 05:01 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Just wasn't feeling it, came in to work anyway. My punishment for doing what I'm supposed to is the lead isn't here and the clowns are in full force. I may not last the day. I foresee ugliness.

Greg glad Buddy is taken care of. Hope you never need the chip but it's there if you do. Jamesbo and Dan might remember several years ago my two dogs got out of the house during a thunderstorm and were gone for a week. Some people on the other side of the lake found them and were going to keep them. Their neighbor saw something I had put on the internet and shamed them into calling me. The dogs had chips, so if anyone else would have found them the chips would have worked. So don't lose Buddy on the other side of my lake.

Norm you always have such interesting plates. How's the diesel rig running these days?

Well, it's almost break. I don't want to miss that. I've signed three wheels already(since I got here at 6, it's 8oclock now) so I need to recover. Hope everyone has a good day.

Old June 7th, 2022, 05:16 AM
Running On Empty

Mike - The diesel is running well. Thanks for reminding me, I almost forgot about recharging the AC. I've never done it, but I think I can just pick up a canister of recharge I think? I'll look into it during the day today.
Old June 7th, 2022, 06:06 AM

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
Chris, does do that every day. Hide the young and go graze. She'll be back
Jim - Being an outdoorsman, I did know that. However, I also know if the baby is injured, they will also abandon them. Thankfully in this case you were right, and she was back at about 2am this morning, and she brought the Cavalry. We counted 6 adults of out there around the fawn between 2 and 3 this morning.
Old June 7th, 2022, 06:11 AM

Originally Posted by Greg Rogers
Buddy got "fixed" yesterday. He is doing great.
Greg - Glad do hear Buddy is doing great!
Old June 7th, 2022, 07:56 AM

People are really shitty about keeping "stray" dogs. Sorry, but if it's a healthy, friendly dog, it's someone's, and it's missed.
Old June 7th, 2022, 08:27 AM
Jeff

Originally Posted by Koda
People are really shitty about keeping "stray" dogs. Sorry, but if it's a healthy, friendly dog, it's someone's, and it's missed.
Just like people losing their minds on FB over seeing a dog or cat somewhere.

"OH MY GOD! IS THIS SOMEONE'S FURBABY??? I TRIED TO CATCH IT, BUT IT WOULDN'T COME TO ME!"

Well, no sh*t... it's because it doesn't know you, and is probably chasing some tail or just out for a walk. Animals have a pretty good sense of direction, just leave it alone and it will likely find it's way home. When I was a teen, we had two dogs that we could never let loose at the same time, because the beagle would put his nose to the ground and take off. The shepherd mutt would follow along behind him, and we wouldn't see them for a few days. Always found their way back -- muddy, matted, full of burrs, hungry, and thirsty. Sometimes bloody, depending on what exactly they got into or mixed up with.
Old June 7th, 2022, 08:36 AM

Originally Posted by Koda
Amen brother!!!
Old June 7th, 2022, 09:13 AM
Running On Empty

Norm looks delicious. Don't you think shrimp and mushrooms go nicely together?
Jim- Thanks. I agree, shrimps + shrooms are an excellent combination. This afternoon I'm going to saute a nice handful of the Portabellas in butter to compliment more shrimp, spinach & smoked Gouda Alfredo over spinach. I'm salivating like a ravenous wolf...
Old June 7th, 2022, 01:20 PM

Just saw that Jim Seals of "Seals and Croft" passed. Ugh! So many good memories!
Old June 7th, 2022, 01:43 PM
Running On Empty

A variation on last night's theme...

Portabella + scallions + cashews sauteed in butter, more shrimps sauteed in butter + spices, stewed tomatoes topped w/ smoked Gouda cheese Alfredo sauce.

Old June 7th, 2022, 02:07 PM

Wow, that looks great Norm!
Old June 7th, 2022, 02:15 PM
Running On Empty

Originally Posted by Dream67Olds442
Wow, that looks great Norm!
We likes our shrimps, baby...
Old June 7th, 2022, 03:05 PM

Kenneth - Just saw the weather forecast for Phoenix of +110°F for Wednesday thru Sunday, OMG that's brutal! Haven't heard from ya in a little while, hope your doing ok?
Old June 7th, 2022, 07:32 PM

Yeah, I’m still kicking. 110 means the temperature hasn’t peaked yet.

This afternoon when I fired the car up after work. Ugh.

Last edited by Fun71; June 7th, 2022 at 07:35 PM.
Old June 7th, 2022, 07:35 PM

Originally Posted by Greg Rogers
We also had a chip put in him, only $30.00 and now he is registered- what a celebrity!!
I made a contact on my phone with our two dogs’ info - birth date, chip number, and the county animal control web site and phone number, just in case I ever need it.
Old June 8th, 2022, 03:37 AM

Sorry got busy. After dinner picture of left over, London broil, company potatoes, green beans with onions, salad with mandarin orange
Old June 8th, 2022, 03:38 AM
Running On Empty

Jim - That's a good looking work bench w/ some nice fixin's.
Old June 8th, 2022, 04:32 AM

Sorry got busy. After dinner picture of left over, London broil, company potatoes, green beans with onions, salad with mandarin orange
I got dibs on that slab of London Broil that's leftover!
Old June 8th, 2022, 05:22 AM

Norm, i took the baker's table from the old mess hall. It's wonderful. Hot/ cold hammer on it. It's multi purpose and indestructible
Old June 8th, 2022, 05:30 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone. Hump Day.

We didn't come anywhere near what we needed yesterday, and some guys stayed until 4 to finish. Today seems to be going better, but surprise of all surprises, the lead is back so that's probably why. And why no one has set off any stink bombs.

Kenneth that's a great idea with the phone. When the dogs got out, I visited every animal shelter around. I live sort of in the corner of the county so they could have gone anywhere. Funny, the people said they knew they belonged to someone, but the guy said, we were going to start calling them [...]. The woman said she worked at Pet Smart so she should have known to scan them right away, but they didn't. They had three other German Shepherds already. Glad it ended well.

So I want to go look at a Ford Flex at a Buy Here/Pay Here lot. It sounds weird but I bought my pickup from one of those lots and it turned out great. This car was serviced by the Ford dealer pretty much its whole life. But what gets me is the ad says they only want outside financing or will refer you to a bank they work with. Doesn't this go against the very concept of buying there and paying there? Don't know why they'd say that. You know what though, the pickup was the same way. They only wanted me to go get a loan and then come buy the truck. I guess I wasn't poor enough.

Okay break time. Rain most of the day. Have a good one all.

Last edited by slantflat; June 8th, 2022 at 05:32 AM.
Old June 8th, 2022, 05:42 AM

Good morning guys,

I was supposed to watch my youngest daughter's boys (Gabe and Keegan) today at her house because she had a childcare conflict today. Set my alarm for 0510, an hour before I needed to leave at 0610. Alarm sounded, and I shut it off, and promptly fell back to sleep, which I never do. Luckily, Monty woke me up at 0555 because it started storming. I'm running around like a chicken with my head cut off trying to get out the door on time. Then, just as I was ready to jump in the car, I turned my phone on, and immediately got a text from my daughter. SIL's work was rained out (Ironworker working outdoors), and I didn't need to come. So now after getting the adrenaline rush, I'm sitting on the couch comforting Monty from the storm. Just glad I didn't have to get out and drive 45-minutes in it!

My cousin Vicki (Dad's older brother's daughter) and her husband Jim are coming on Friday from Lansing, MI. I haven't seen them since my Brother's funeral, almost 7-years ago, mainly because I haven't been up there much at all since then, and the few times I have been it's only been for a couple of days. Sometime during the last 20-years we stopped having a family reunion on Dad's side every year in Battle Creek. I really miss those and wish someone would organize one. I've totally lost touch with more distant relatives like Great Aunts and Uncles, and 2nd Cousins and their kids, it's sad really. It's just one of the things that has always sucked about being 500-miles away from most of them.

We have a B-day party to go to for my step-daughter's little girl on Sunday, she'll be 5. Right now I'm planning to go back on Saturday to that monthly cruise-in at the Church where I won the "Pastor's Choice" trophy in May. It's a really nice set-up with plenty of room, good food, good people, and lots of nice cars that show up.

There's supposed to be multiple periods of storms roll through throughout the day today, so with not having to watch the grandsons now, there's not much else to do, although I can probably count on my wife to find something for me!

Hope everyone has a great day!

Last edited by Dream67Olds442; June 8th, 2022 at 05:47 AM.
Old June 8th, 2022, 11:02 AM
Running On Empty

39/42

Jim- There was at least one of those tables on every farm in our family. Super simple to clean. We used those tables for everything - butchering a hog, deer, beef, etc. Some were used in the tractor barns. I love those old (essentially) butcher tables.
Old June 8th, 2022, 03:41 PM

We likes our shrimps, baby...
Norm, ya should have come over bbq shrimp ( that's not bbq) a la pasquale manelles in the big easy
+ plenty of sopping French bread

Old June 8th, 2022, 03:49 PM

Norm, ya should have come over bbq shrimp ( that's not bbq) a la pasquale manelles in the big easy
+ plenty of sopping French bread

Jim - As Ruth from Ozark would say, that's a "**** ton" of shrimp, maybe even enough to feed me!
Old June 8th, 2022, 04:12 PM
Running On Empty

Old June 8th, 2022, 04:14 PM

4 lbs + 2 loaves of French bread + salad "gone in 60 seconds "
Old June 8th, 2022, 04:15 PM
Running On Empty

Jim - More shrimps, more shrimps...

I love sloppy soaking French bread....oh my, oh my, my, my...
Old June 8th, 2022, 04:57 PM

Well, I just ordered some old movies on DVD. The Mummy, The Creature From The Black Lagoon, Zulu & The Sand Pebbles.
Old June 8th, 2022, 04:58 PM
Running On Empty

Moldy oldies right there, Dan.
Old June 8th, 2022, 04:59 PM

Well something is amiss here. The picture with the shrimp is in focus...
Old June 8th, 2022, 05:00 PM
Running On Empty

Originally Posted by Fun71
Well something is amiss here. The picture with the shrimp is in focus...
Old June 8th, 2022, 05:02 PM

Originally Posted by 1969w3155
Well, I just ordered some old movies on DVD. The Mummy, The Creature From The Black Lagoon, Zulu & The Sand Pebbles.
"The Sand Pebbles", my 2nd favorite McQueen movie, only behind "The Great Escape"! Those are some classics!
Old June 8th, 2022, 05:18 PM
Always room for one more

Beautiful evening out. I left Mom's a little early because I'm going to peruse the Carvana website. Seems they have an endless supply of Ford Flex, though the local dealeria have none. Aside from them sending you the wrong car once in a while, it seems like a pretty cool thing. Especially the car vending machine. That would be a lot of quarters.

Why do they ask you for your license plate number when you go to put in your trade? Sounds like a scam. Your car is worth less if you don't have the right numbers?

I'd eat the hell out of them shrimps.

It rained at some point today, but I was in the bunker and didn't know it. Nice when we came out this afternoon. More rain between now and the weekend but I've lost track. Rain Saturday I keep hearing that. What the hell am I going to do about mowing? I know a guy selling an Exmark, probably wants a king's ransom. I wonder if he delivers.

Okay off to bed!! Another Hump Day in the books. Two more, so far no mention of overtime this weekend. That's a double edged sword. On the one side, I could use the overtime money. On the other side, I get such little time off as it is why spend it at work? Have a good night everyone.