The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old May 30th, 2022, 10:20 AM
Running On Empty

Jim - Nice round. That's one hell of a bunker. I couldn't find my groove today. 42/42

Two more days & I'm off to the 77th (2022) US Women's Open. Tonight, I'm looking forward to finishing 'Operation Mincemeat'. It's worth a watch if you haven't seen it - really good acting & the portrayal of events is I'd say spot-on.
Old May 30th, 2022, 04:01 PM

Jim, I saw something about JD remotely disabling tractors stolen by the Russian's a couple of weeks ago.
Old May 30th, 2022, 04:46 PM
Running On Empty

‘Operation Mincemeat’ - Clever, cunning deception by the British. Brilliant.
Old May 30th, 2022, 06:59 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Got home a little bit ago. Stopped and got Tiger first. They had a good weekend with no drama or problems. Tiger has run around the house and jumped up on everything and now has made his nest on the couch. When we go to bed in a little bit he'll jump up and take up the whole bed. He had to sleep on the floor at Mom's the whole time. What a shame.

Had a good time at my friends' but I'm glad to be home. Got plenty to do around here and it probably won't get done because there's too much to do at Mom's. She says, I don't want to monopolize all your time. But when I say I have something to do here, she says you have too much to do over here to be messing around.

It's rained here at some point today, but nice out now. I ran through some rain west of Atlanta. I really need to mow. The weeds are about waste high. There is no grass.

Okay the goofing off over the long weekend is done for you. I still have two days. But first thing tomorrow a new dishwasher is getting installed. Fun.

Have a good evening everyone.

Old May 30th, 2022, 08:24 PM

Good evening guys,

Getting pretty late where alot of you guys are. I just got done watching Sgt. York, who was from Crossville, TN, only 40-miles from Dayton, TN where my Dad spent his boyhood.

Great weather this weekend with lots of sunshine and not too hot yet. Certainly was a great motorsports weekend with the car show Saturday, rode my Indian for about 2&1/2-hours yesterday, and my Yamaha for 5-hours today. Today I rode south down the East side of the Mississippi on the Illinois River Road to Chester, IL and then crossed back into Missouri there and headed back up to home. Very pretty ride in both directions. Got to see the big statue of Popeye in Chester.

Got my cousin and her husband coming into town this coming Friday from Lansing, MI. She is 3-yrs older than me and has always been a very good bowler. She is coming into town for a big bowling tournament, and we're going to take them out to dinner and then come back to our house to visit. There is a big car show and accompanying cruise in the 1st little town south of me next Saturday, only about 10-miles away. The car show is in the afternoon and then the majority of the cars start cruising up and down Main Street around 6:00. Last year there was a huge turnout of spectators lining both sides of Mainstreet to watch the cars parade by. I had a great time last year and plan to go again if the weather cooperates. I've already had my car out to 8 events this year, and there's a good chance I'll make it to 25 or 30 events before the summer's over.

Hope everyone had a great day and has a great week!

Last edited by Dream67Olds442; May 30th, 2022 at 08:28 PM.
Old May 30th, 2022, 08:54 PM

Encourage your cousin to keep doing that as when it's done, it's done. My aunt used to bowl well, then I think she stopped mid 70s. I remember her showing me a 300 plaque of hers at a local lane. Little white sign hanging at the transition between the carpet and the wood. There were several of them. I don't know how often a premier bowler does a 300. (article I just read says 40-60 times for a pro bowler, so my aunt, I guess being semi-pro, would have done it a few times. I'll ask her sometime.)
Old May 30th, 2022, 08:55 PM

13 hours on Saturday, 11 yesterday, 9 today. Early start tomorrow.
Old May 31st, 2022, 04:19 AM
Running On Empty

Originally Posted by slantflat
...tomorrow a new dishwasher is getting installed.
Mike- Turn off the power BEFORE you begin. Enjoy your installation.
Old May 31st, 2022, 04:38 AM

Originally Posted by Koda
13 hours on Saturday, 11 yesterday, 9 today. Early start tomorrow.
John - That's a rough stretch, especially with a full week in front of you. Hope you have a little time off for yourself in the not too distant future!
Old May 31st, 2022, 04:41 AM

Originally Posted by Vintage Chief
Two more days & I'm off to the 77th (2022) US Women's Open. Tonight, I'm looking forward to finishing 'Operation Mincemeat'. It's worth a watch if you haven't seen it - really good acting & the portrayal of events is I'd say spot-on.
Norm - I hope the Women's Open is a fun experience for you, with nice weather. How far is it from where you live?
Old May 31st, 2022, 06:38 AM

Good morning guys,

Oops, I guess I should pay closer attention to my calendar, my cousin is coming a week from this Friday, not this Friday. I regularly lose track of days/dates now since I've been retired for awhile. If I didn't keep things in my phone calendar with reminders, I'd miss all kinds of things.

The joys of sleeping with two bulldogs in the bed. The dogs have perfected the art of carving out their own space, regardless of whether we're shoved out of the bed, or in this case onto the ramp. Maggie always claims my side after I'm up. No one would get any sleep if we didn't have a King size bed!

Hope everyone has a great day!

Old May 31st, 2022, 07:17 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Overcast but a nice temperature out. I think it's going to rain but there isn't any in the forecast.

The dishwasher is in. The people were there at 730 and it took them about a half hour to get everything out and everything in. Norm they didn't turn off the power, pretty bold of them. Funny, I've never used the old one since I've been there, over 17 years, and it was hot all this time. New one works great. Jeff my first choice was a Bosch with a stainless steel tub. My credit union has dicked up my credit card and after several days of trying to get that straightened out the Bosch was sold out. So for more money I got a Whirlpool with a plastic tub. Hm.

Gonna get some gas and mow a little. Mom has a doctor's appointment we're going to this afternoon. Several people at the Awful house have the croup so no reason to go there. Only people I don't like will be there.

Okay have a good day everyone.

Old May 31st, 2022, 08:06 AM
Running On Empty

Mike - Oh, thought you were installing. My stainless steel tub inside dishwasher is a Kitchenaid. Super quiet. About $900 beans 19 years ago. Kitchenaid is made by Whirlpool. I replaced a door switch high temp thermistor three months ago. But the ‘issue’ was the door control panel - not the circuit board as the tech suggested. I did them both myself. Thermistor = $25; Control Panel = $130. No nothing tech call = $80. Total $235 - less than a new one.

Jim - Thanks. I drove over to Pinehurst last Saturday for an obligatory USGA Hole 6 tour. It’s a 3.5 hr drive one way. I have a condo off Pinehurst 2 for the week. While I may be Hole 6 Marshal Captain, these are all out of pocket expenses, including uniform. Have to love this game.
Old May 31st, 2022, 08:33 AM

Jim - Thanks. I drove over to Pinehurst last Saturday for an obligatory USGA Hole 6 tour. It’s a 3.5 hr drive one way. I have a condo off Pinehurst 2 for the week. While I may be Hole 6 Marshal Captain, these are all out of pocket expenses, including uniform. Have to love this game.
Norm - I assume your response above was meant for me, since I was the one who posted that I hope you have a good time, and had asked how far it is from your home? Calling me "Ralph" is bad enough, and now you've stuped to an all-time low by calling me "Jim". Sir, you have reached a new height of inconsiderateness!!!
Old May 31st, 2022, 09:32 AM
Running On Empty

~93F in the shade here doing yard work - my brain is baking. Can’t recall who said what.
Old May 31st, 2022, 10:06 AM
Running On Empty

Side note: I turned on the AC for the first time this year.
Old May 31st, 2022, 12:53 PM

Norm [insert light bulb] It just occurred to me . You played yesterday and not today. Most clubs are closed on Mondays. Our main was is but the 2nd [the one I play] is opened Monday and closed Tuesday

Is your golf club closed on Tuesday and opened on Mondays
Old May 31st, 2022, 03:02 PM
Running On Empty

I spent the entire day in 90°F temps with either a weed trimmer, pruners, loppers, shovel, rake, broom or bucket in my hands - not the brightest star in the sky, but it's doubtful I'll feel much like addressing yard/landscape activities when I return from the USWO.

Jim - My club opens at 11:00am on Mondays - except holiday weekends. On holiday weekends, the club opens on Mondays at normal business hours - 8:00am. We are not closed any day of the week. I reside in PoDunk. The name of the game at my club is increase revenue - which they have done admirably, but there are trade-offs - several of which I am not on-board with. But, that's a different discussion for a different day. What is the name of the course/club you play. I think there are two courses/clubs at Cherokee - Town & Country Club? I think I should probably put one of those on my short-term To Do list.
Old May 31st, 2022, 03:57 PM

Norm, Capital City Club

Downtown [empty]

Brookhaven [very crowded]

Crabapple near me
Old May 31st, 2022, 06:23 PM
Always room for one more

Got the mower back from my neighbor. Was mowing this morning and someone stopped by so I turned it off so we could talk, couldn't get it started. I had to get to Mom's anyway and later my neighbor called(the guy who sold it to me) and I said the mower won't start. He came to get it and did a few things to it and it runs good now. I'm not a fan of the zero turn mower. Doesn't make any sense to me. I'll mow more tomorrow while the roof people are here.

I'm going to have a good talk with Tiger tonight and make sure he understands that we're sleeping in tomorrow. Heck I might even go over to the airport and hang out with the old guys that go over there every morning.

I sort of feel like I'm retired. Was gone all weekend and came back and still not working. I could get used to this.

Have a good night everyone.

Old May 31st, 2022, 07:06 PM
Running On Empty

Mike - You have no grass, you have weeds which you stated in an earlier thread were "waste" high, we'll assume you meant "waist" high unless you were being a smart A$$. So, you bought a used Zero Turn mower which has already gone South on you? And, you replaced a dishwasher you haven't used in the previous 17 years with a new one? Now, you're having conversations w/ Tiger regarding sleeping in tomorrow? This sounds like a Sanford & Son re-run.
Old May 31st, 2022, 07:25 PM

Don't know if any of you guys saw this but, Clint Eastwood turned 92 today . . . Boy that makes me feel old!!!
Old May 31st, 2022, 08:38 PM

Joe Kidd is on right now.
Old June 1st, 2022, 03:30 AM

Mike, wife and I both really loved the zero turn mower when we had a place with a big yard. Really shortened cutting time. We bought a used commercial unit from our son, so it was really heavy duty and big. Wifey got a little too reckless with it once and knocked the 500 gallon LP tank off it's blocks!
Old June 1st, 2022, 08:24 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Tiger is over at Mom's and I'm awaiting the roof guys. It's beautiful out and not too hot.

Well the mower is Tango Uniform this morning. I don't get it. It ran great last night. Today, nada. The lights come on so if the battery was bad it would at least click. I get nothing. I disconnected the seat sensor, didn't do anything. I'm done. I'm sure my neighbor will come over and it will fire right up for him. Dandy. Probably this weekend I'm going to Home Creepo and get a John Deere like I should have to begin with. Sheesh.

You are correct on all accounts Norm. I didn't use the dishwasher but Mom wants to. The "new" zero turn has crapped out, twice, and Tiger listened with great intent last night, and still got up at 5 this morning. Then 6, then 630, then 8. I finally got up around 830. I don't remember saying how tall the weeds were but I think both descriptions are accurate.

So I guess I'll find something else to do while the roofers are here. Hope everyone has a good Hump Day.

Old June 1st, 2022, 08:26 AM
Always room for one more

Hm so I did say the weeds were waste high. And to follow up, the weeds are still waste high. And they are also waist high.

Old June 1st, 2022, 08:38 AM

40/42 a few good chips saved my culo.

Striving to be like my 2 heroes. Mike and Norm. I want to play golf as much as Norm and I want to have as many cars as Mike
problem is playing golf doesn't make any money to buy more cars. Catch 22
Old June 1st, 2022, 10:00 AM
Running On Empty

37/38
Old June 1st, 2022, 10:20 AM

37/38
good shooting
Old June 1st, 2022, 11:27 AM
Running On Empty

Jim - You too. USWO road bound. Think my AC is out of Freon. Damn hot out too. No time to diagnose listening for compressor etc. it will have to remain off. $110 for 1/2 tank diesel. $5.50/gal. Ugh. TTYL
Old June 1st, 2022, 11:37 AM

37/38
You da Man, nice round!
Old June 1st, 2022, 05:30 PM
Always room for one more

Norm good luck with the diesel. The station near me is 5.49, another station a few miles away is 4.19. Likely higher now because gas went up 22 cents last night. Sheesh.

Jamesbo I don't think I'll be buying any more cars any time soon. Two mortgages, a dishwasher, washer and dryer, new laptop, new doors, and now a new lawn mower is gonna about bankrupt me. I guess Mom will have to get a job. Or Tiger.

I'm sure I mentioned a few months ago that a guy came over when I wasn't home to get a bunch of scrap metal, and disrupted a barrel full of old oil that purged all over the patio. The only way I could think of to keep the oil from going into the yard was to dump a bunch of dirt all over it. Well, after a winter's worth of rain I finally started to shovel up the dirt. Didn't get it all but a lot. Now I have oil stained concrete. I think I will get a cheep gallon of car wash and pour it all over the concrete and scrub it with a broom. Not sure how to get the soap/oil water up but I may go get a few things of generic kitty litter and spread around and see how much I can soak up. I had a big piece of lattice I put down over the whole thing because that is the first place Tiger goes when he goes out in the back yard. What a weirdo.

Time for bed. It was nice being off these last 5 days. Only two for work this week. Hope everyone has a good evening.

Old June 1st, 2022, 06:57 PM
Running On Empty

I am fricking - ZONKED. Good night.
Old June 2nd, 2022, 01:20 AM

Old June 2nd, 2022, 03:06 AM
Running On Empty

Nice James!
Old June 2nd, 2022, 03:45 AM

Nice James!
I jes wanted to give you a few pointers on women's golf
Old June 2nd, 2022, 04:05 AM

Truck is almost back together, will be nice to drive it around again. This year it took till June to get back together, I usually try to have projects on it done by April. Well, it has been a unusual winter...... Today is Grandson's graduation, Sunday is his open house, June 12 is great niece's open house, 18th is Olds Homecoming, 23rd is when we plan to meet the Great Race in northern Ohio. Then of course July 4th, Olds nats July 6-10.... on and on.... Going to be busy, but I love it...
Old June 2nd, 2022, 06:49 AM

Originally Posted by Greg Rogers
Truck is almost back together, will be nice to drive it around again. This year it took till June to get back together, I usually try to have projects on it done by April. Well, it has been a unusual winter...... Today is Grandson's graduation, Sunday is his open house, June 12 is great niece's open house, 18th is Olds Homecoming, 23rd is when we plan to meet the Great Race in northern Ohio. Then of course July 4th, Olds nats July 6-10.... on and on.... Going to be busy, but I love it...
Greg - Glad you're gonna have your truck back on the road soon! Pics please when you have time. Sure sounds like your dance card is full for most of the start of summer, but you're right, it all sounds fun! Be safe traveling.
Old June 2nd, 2022, 07:10 AM

Good morning guys,

Right now, no big plans for today. However, I may be running my wife to the doctor if they won't call her in something without a visit. Seems like everyone we know, including my wife, is fighting a tough upper respiratory bug that's going around right now. Both kids and their families on my side, and my wife's daughter's family all have it too, along with other family and friends we know of.

Looks right now like one of my buddies that lives across the river in Illinois is going to meet me at the car show/cruise in Festus, MO on Saturday. This is the guy that just finished the restoration of the huge 1976 4-door Dodge Dually that I posted a couple of pics of a long time ago. The truck is pretty much done now, but hasn't had a real shakedown cruise yet and he doesn't want to drive it this far (about 60-miles) yet, so he's gonna bring another old car he has, an AMC Pacer, now there's a conversation piece!

Well, hope everyone has a great day, it's going to be beautiful here with sunshine and a high around 78°.
Old June 2nd, 2022, 01:24 PM

Greg, did you go to the Gilmore when the Great Race participants were there a couple of years ago? A lot of interesting cars showed up, and I admired the stamina of the folks who drove the open air vintage cars in the race. I managed to have a pic in their members publication selected along with many others from that display.