The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old May 5th, 2022, 11:26 AM

Tanks Norm, You may [ or may not] remember, Eddie had 2 gas filters in line [cheap plastic] I pulled the top one off after the new shovel cracked it and installed a metal one in line. One would think /hope 2 filter would do the job. I haven't [because I try as you say to keep it full] inspected the inner tank for the "sock" pic up filter
Old May 5th, 2022, 11:29 AM
Running On Empty

I looked at both of those filters when I examined the jeep - both filters were spotless. Actually, Eddie told me he completely cleaned the entire tank.
Old May 5th, 2022, 12:09 PM

Norm , He told me the same thing 'As best he could"

I'm just planning ahead for a winter project. I want to check and recheck everything. Unlike you and I the Jeep is kinda" LONG IN THE TOOTH"
Old May 5th, 2022, 05:52 PM
Always room for one more

Aloha

Good day at work. Came home and took Mom to Publix. While she was shopping I called State Farm to start the claim process on my roof. Turns out, the difference between my deductible and the cost of the repair is about $200. Hardly seems worth it. But I will continue, because my cynical self thinks that once the repair crew gets up there and actually lays eyes on the trouble they will see more wrong than the drone did. And if the claim is already going I won't have to start over with more damage.

Beautiful here and hot. Got to Mom's and it was 85 in the house, she said, do you think I should turn on the air conditioner? As I was melting I said, sure, if you want to.

Hope tomorrow is an early one. Got a couple errands to run, and then a retirement party for one of the women at Awful house. No word on working Saturday, but I'd say that since there's been no word that we aren't.

Okay time for bed. I think rain all day tomorrow. We'll find out.

Old May 6th, 2022, 10:09 AM

https://pethelpful.com/pet-news/gold...boarding-plane
Old May 6th, 2022, 02:02 PM

Here ya go Mike. https://bringatrailer.com/listing/19...ign=2022-05-06
Old May 6th, 2022, 02:11 PM

Jim - Sweet dog, sweet video, they truly are man's and woman's best friend!
Old May 6th, 2022, 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by 1969w3155
With a high bid of $355K, the reserve was not met. This is truly a case when they say bring a trailer, they mean a TRAILER!!!!!
Old May 6th, 2022, 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by Dream67Olds442
Jim - Sweet dog, sweet video, they truly are man's and woman's best friend!
and can handle their own Carry own

Mike, I feel homeowner problems in your very new future if you buy the tank
Old May 6th, 2022, 08:05 PM
Always room for one more

Aloha

Well I couldn't tell you when I went out on a Friday night last. My friend's "wife" retired from the Awful house today and several of us met for dinner at a mexican place. Food was okay, I'm not a big fan of mexican. Really it was just like being at the Awful house, but dark outside.

Dan that tank looks pretty cool. Some of the Shermans had Chrysler engines in them, 30 cylinders. They were five 6 cylinder engines in a radial pattern (I believe) with a common crankcase. I saw one at the Chrysler museum. Odd this one has a Ford.

Jamesbo how cool would it be if the turret could be made to follow a car driving past. A little unnerving for the driver.

Well if we get any more rain my house is going to melt from getting water in the gaping hole in the roof. I called the roofing company to schedule a time to fix it. Now, it took the guy 4 days to get the estimate to me, so I'm not holding my breath for the appointment. I called the insurance person today and said I was having it fixed, and the ins. company could pay me later. She said she'd need to send an adjuster out. But the adjuster works alone and won't go on the roof, so they'd need to send another company who specializes in steep roofs. But if the roofer puts a tarp over the hole the inpsectors can't inspect because they aren't allowed to take the tarp off. Their appointment could be as much as 3 weeks away. WTF kind of run around is this? Meanwhile it's raining into the attic and none of that is coverd by my policy. I call BS.

I got my new mower today. My neighbor pieced it together from a couple different machines, and it runs real nice. Trouble is, I'm not coordinated enough to drive it. Today was the first time I ever drove a zero turn mower. I made sure not to mow near any of the cars. This is going to take some practice.

I may sit out Awful house tomorrow. Everyone is going to be there later and I don't want to waste the whole morning sitting there. I might go to the line room and hang out with those people for awhile before I go over and move more stuff. Or I might sleep in.

But now, bedtime. I might sleep with the window open, it's beautiful out.

Old May 7th, 2022, 06:18 AM

I let my bookkeeper and her family use the lake house for mother's day
her husband lays carpet

He was kind enough to re carpet the basement

Free Had some left over squares from a commercial job

Good deal for everyone
Old May 7th, 2022, 06:37 AM

I'm sure most of y'all look at a few car sites on a regular basis. I'm trying to keep up with my hero Mike, and on the hunt for a vera specific vehicle. 69 or up [soft top] K 5 Blazer Magnetic green with tan soft top

If you happen to see one please let me know

This is the color but wrong interior { I want tan interior and tan soft top]

Old May 7th, 2022, 07:21 AM
Always room for one more

Happy Saturday!

Thought I'd try to sleep in. We almost made it to 8. Then Tiger couldn't take it anymore. Short time at the Awful house, now I'm gonna do a few things around here before heading over to Mom's.

Jamesbo I understand now why you want Magnet Green. I googled it and the first pictures that came up were the Augusta golf jackets. Like the Jeep, I believe you can get a soft top for a Blazer and also change the interior color fairly easily because most of it is body colored metal. The original Blazer didn't even come with a top, or windows. Those were extra.

Some time this weekend I might give the zero turn another go. One thing I noticed is the left transmission will go faster than the right one, so if I put both handlebars all the way forward it goes right. I think if I knew how to juggle this would be easier.

So I saw an Impala on marketplace, in Knoxville. I hate driving to Knoxville. It looks okay but has 270K on it Holy Toledo. I emailed the guy and the phone shows that he saw it, but he hasn't gotten back to me. I don't understand these people. If you want to sell the car, get back to prospective buyers. If you think everyone is a scammer, don't list it! Sheesh. 270K is pushing it for a small block, but if it runs okay then I have time to get a big block.

Okay time to do something. Overcast and cool today, good day to mow.

Old May 7th, 2022, 07:28 AM

Mike the trick to zero turns is relax and don't fight it. Don't put a death grip on the handle
Old May 7th, 2022, 09:34 AM
Running On Empty

Mike - Both handles forward the ZTR should go straight (not right). You most likely need to make an adjustment to either the left or right dampener/actuator linkage. Depending on what your Frankenstein was assembled from, you may have a faulty/worn-out dampener. If a dampener is completely shot, you'll get no input from the dampener on that side and the ZTR will always have input from the opposite side. You most likely have no manual - I believe you stated earlier it was pieced together. Look up some YouTube videos - plenty of them showing how to remove a dampener (if you have dampeners) and/or adjusting the hydraulic actuator linkage(s).
Old May 7th, 2022, 09:38 AM
Running On Empty

It's absolutely gorgeous outdoors - so gorgeous I should be working on any number of things. However, I'm taking the day off from doing anything and simply going to enjoy this gorgeous weather with all the windows open & the very pleasant breeze circling throughout the house.
Old May 7th, 2022, 11:44 AM

Jim, I see them come up for sale on Barn Finds and Bring a Trailer. If I see one in that color combo, I'll pass it along. More than likely the magnetic green was one year only with the color changing in 1970. Could possibly have a green close to it it the following years. You say '69 and up, but I'm going to guess that you perfer the body style from 1969 through 1972.
Old May 7th, 2022, 12:35 PM
Running On Empty

Keith - Did you finish the rebuild on your suspension?
Old May 7th, 2022, 12:41 PM

Norm thanks for checking in on it. I ended up putting that project on hold. I have been battling a snarky knee and just didnt have any wind in my sails. I thought about Jim's new rig he picked up when I saw this today...https://madison.craigslist.org/cto/d...480082351.html
I don't know if this a fair asking price or not but sounded like it has pretty good bones.
Old May 7th, 2022, 12:54 PM
Running On Empty

Keith - Maybe this fall/winter...there is no way I'd want to be on the ground in the middle of winter in the middle of Wisconsin w/ a snarked-up knee.
Old May 7th, 2022, 01:03 PM

I am hoping after my new knee is installed this July I can be back to the road of recovery and get in the game. I appreciate you asking. I have a friend with a hoist and we are planning to put a set of dyno flow's on to replace the cherry bombs currently running and we talked about putting in some aluminum spacers in the rear coils to get me by for a few cruises this season. So yes, if all goes well this coming winter could be a great time to gett'r done.
Old May 7th, 2022, 01:16 PM
Running On Empty

In the late 60s early 70s I ran (Cherry Bomb) Glass Packs or Thrush on my cars.
Old May 7th, 2022, 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by 1969w3155
Jim, I see them come up for sale on Barn Finds and Bring a Trailer. If I see one in that color combo, I'll pass it along. More than likely the magnetic green was one year only with the color changing in 1970. Could possibly have a green close to it it the following years. You say '69 and up, but I'm going to guess that you perfer the body style from 1969 through 1972.

Yes you are 100% correct, I would be happy with any year soft top with tan interior and I could paint it Magnetic Green and add a tan soft top. If you have a Green Cemetery and Green tractors/gators [ John Deere] then it goes to reason I should have a green Blazer [ or Jimmy of course]

Tanks fer keeping an eye out fer me
Old May 7th, 2022, 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by Vintage Chief
In the late 60s early 70s I ran (Cherry Bomb) Glass Packs or Thrush on my cars.
I resemble that comment. I have a Cherry Bomb on my old van. When I restore it, it may get duals and a 4 barrel.
Old May 7th, 2022, 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by otto72
Norm thanks for checking in on it. I ended up putting that project on hold. I have been battling a snarky knee and just didnt have any wind in my sails. I thought about Jim's new rig he picked up when I saw this today...https://madison.craigslist.org/cto/d...480082351.html
I don't know if this a fair asking price or not but sounded like it has pretty good bones.

If I didn't have another one I'd go snap that one up IMHO it's a good deal with the M 100 trailer [which of course you'd never used]
Old May 7th, 2022, 03:18 PM

The '71 Supreme that I had from '04-'2012 had glass packs on it when I bought it, just not the right sound for me, a little too loud. I had a local muffler shop replace them with an unbranded set that they carried, good rumble and no alerting the police to my location. took a few pics that afternoon, I'll sort through them later. Not much at this park this year, a couple of turtles, a swan, geese and goslings, and a wood duck. Time to buy some lightweight camo so I can sit by the water and wait for them to come close, as waterfowl start paddling away as soon as you head in their direction.
Old May 7th, 2022, 03:20 PM
Running On Empty

I want the Sherman tank...
Old May 7th, 2022, 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by Vintage Chief
I want the Sherman tank...
Norm, some points to ponder

https://www.militarytrader.com/milit...a-sherman-tank
Old May 7th, 2022, 03:29 PM
Running On Empty

Old May 7th, 2022, 03:40 PM

Norm, i give up. WTF is it? smushed Boudin with Tabasco sauce
Old May 7th, 2022, 04:09 PM
Running On Empty

Mushed up Enchiladas. I probably should have baked them another 15' - I were Hungary! BTW, I haven't bought Tabasco in a long time, I'm a fan of Ms. Cholula.
Old May 7th, 2022, 07:44 PM
Always room for one more

Excellent day today, got a lot done. Even got some of the back yard mowed at Mom's. Lots of stuff moved. I'm pleased.

Jamesbo that's a good article and valid but had little to actually do with Shermans. I'd love to read an article some time by someone who has one and what it's like to live with it. But the article is spot on, everything is bigger, heavier, more expensive on a military vehicle.

Beautiful out and cool. Don't know when the rain comes back but I hope it's after the roof people come, and I don't know when that will be. The rep I'm saddled with from the roofing company is not interested in helping me. He took 4 days to get me the estimate, then when I said I have the cash let's just do it, he said he'd send me a docusign(which I hate) that afternoon. And then crickets. I'm going to call the office on Monday and ask for a different rep.

Sat and watched TV tonight for the first time in I don't know how long. Now I'm home and I'm going to bed. Not going to fight Awful house in the morning. The earlier I get up, the better I'll sleep tomorrow night. Or some such thing.

Happy Mother's Day tomorrow.

Old May 7th, 2022, 09:11 PM

Mike, imagine if you were one of thousands with damage from a hurricane, the insurance adjustors took months, and there weren’t enough contractors or materials to do all the work after the insurance approved it.
Old May 8th, 2022, 03:50 AM
Running On Empty

Mike - The conversation you should be having w/ your insurance company involves what you can do to prevent further damage to your structure. Most (probably all) insurance companies state in their policies you should do everything/anything w/in your capabilities to prevent further damage to your structure. That would involve you hiring a company to stabilize current damage and prevent further damage. Your insurance company should reimburse you for this work. That's the conversation you should be having.
Old May 8th, 2022, 04:49 AM

X 2 Covering it with a tarp would be my 1st step

Mike, I was just thinking of you when I put honey on my waffle. I know you don't like it but it sure keeps the blue berries from rolling off
Old May 8th, 2022, 07:00 AM
Always room for one more

Ah good morning.

Overcast and cool. It was actually cold in the Awful house today, I could see my breath.

I have had several conversations with the insurance company. They did say I needed to have my roofing company put a tarp over the hole. They also said the third party inspection company wouldn't do the inspection with a tarp on the roof, as they aren't allowed to take it off, so I would have to coordinate with the roofing company to come take it off for them. This whole deal sucks. I can't get squat out of the roofing company. They get one more chance tomorrow to do something before I call someone else.

Kenneth that would be horrible, and I know it was/is horrible for many people. We haven't had any disasters around here for awhile, so I think my problems are just an inept rep for his company. I don't like a ridge vent anyway, so if I ever have a roof put on this house I'll either have regular vents or turbines put on.

So more moving stuff around today, maybe more mowing. It actually looks like rain, I haven't heard if it's supposed to. Mom is not a big one for celebrations so I'm guessing today will be a non-event. I did get her a nice card.

Old May 8th, 2022, 07:14 AM

This really is a pretty one [ not a soft top[img]https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/classicoldsmobile.com-vbulletin/564x485/blazer_wood_grain_f0f6554180536be2a9c3bc8d8de3f17f 6feda6b6.jpg
Old May 8th, 2022, 07:16 AM
Running On Empty

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
This really is a pretty one [ not a soft top[img]https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/classicoldsmobile.com-vbulletin/564x485/blazer_wood_grain_f0f6554180536be2a9c3bc8d8de3f17f 6feda6b6.jpg
Not so much...
Old May 8th, 2022, 07:45 AM
Always room for one more

That link won't work for me. Is it the one from earlier this week?

Old May 8th, 2022, 08:18 AM
Running On Empty

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
This really is a pretty one
Jim - I'd like to help you out but I can't seem to find where that image (supposed) URL [link] resides. See if you can just find the picture itself and post the URL [link] where the picture resides (as opposed to trying to insert an image from a URL [link]) - maybe I can grab that webpage and post the image for you.