The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old May 27th, 2017, 12:23 AM

Good Morning.

Bee-Oh-Pee - Glad to have you back. You must be speaking of F1.. Qualifyings are still ahead... Or maybe youre talking about Indy500, i quess.. I want to see some race US-style at some point of my life.. Either Indy, Nascar or some Drag-race. Winternationals for example?

Okay, saturday. Today im under a will of my fiancee, she needs my help renovating the house today Damn, until this day opening my wallet has been enough

Have a good day!
Old May 27th, 2017, 05:03 AM

Mawn'in

Another blue bird day

John, Glad you're back from your sabbatical, Don't do that again without a hall pass. I was worried about cha

London, How the pup doing this weekend?

Well, I've been informed I am not playing golf on Monday so I may sneak out today

Either that or clean out oak worms from the gutters

Decisions, decisions

Have a great and safe memorial day Olds friends
Old May 27th, 2017, 06:18 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Beautiful today. Too nice of a day to be driving all day but one does what one has to. Tiger is going to jail in a minute and I'm off to the Awful house, then to go look at a 49 Chevy. I've been looking for one for a long time, so I can recreate the first police car of the town I grew up in. Sounds odd I know.

https://scontent-atl3-1.xx.fbcdn.net...0e&oe=59A500B7

Got off work fairly early this morning, and got a couple hours sleep. Gonna be a busy weekend, took Tuesday off so I have some extra time at my Mom's. I have a feeling she isn't going to be very patient when it comes to painting. She will wonder why it isn't all getting done at once.

Well, have a good weekend everyone. My internet will be sparse so I'll see you when I get back.
Old May 27th, 2017, 11:42 AM
Captain Starfire

Yes, Principal Jamesbo ;-) Sorry to give you's a fright.

Mowed da' lawn this morning; humidity feels off the charts. But I at least beat the mercury in the 90s... "only" in the hi 80s.

Inline, thanks.... Indy 500 is known as the "Greatest spectacle in racing." It's frequently an exciting race, but it can't be beat for tradition. If you ever come, be sure to research it thoroughly and try & attend all the side shows, beginning about a week before the race. I like drag racing too; but if you're only going to see one race on these shores, make it the Indy. Get your tickets WAY in advance unless you want to spend the day in the Snake Pit.

Long weekend continues. Enjoy!
Old May 27th, 2017, 12:13 PM

Evening all

Lovely sunny warm day spent in my garden. Not done too much today. Tomorrow I'm off for the day at Hever castle which was the ancestral home off the Boleyn family in the 14th century. Apparently they have beautiful gardens and the castle itself is stunning.

Jamesbo . The pup is holding up this weekend he's a fighter and won't give up easily.

Off to Tenerife this Wednesday for a few days mostly work but a couple of days r and r.
Old May 27th, 2017, 12:34 PM

Inline, I'm so glad your new here, it gives me a chance to tell my same ole stories alot people didn't want to hear the 1st time much less me repeat

This is the last drag race I went to. Lucky for me, I was a broke college kid and sitting on a hill on the other side of the Interstate when it hit the fan
http://www.hotrod.com/articles/husto...dixie-twister/
Old May 27th, 2017, 03:20 PM

Damn, Gregg Allman died, that sucks. I wanted to see him last year when he was in my area, but I had too much going on.
Old May 27th, 2017, 09:10 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Late to the dance, sorry bout dat.

I haven't been a big fan of Sears for some time now, and their products don't seem to have the same quality or endurance of the old days. You can't begin to imagine how surprised I was to find they actually sold the replacement parts I needed for the lawnmower and shop vac I bought from them. The mower is only 6 year old, but I needed a replacement starter, air filter, and spark plug. Everywhere on the web I can get them at a purty high cost. Sears was the lowest price and no fairly quick delivery time. Same with the shop vac filter - it's only 18 years old... But they had it for pennies compared to the web. Miracles never cease

Dan - It's a shame, it seems that all the people we grew up with or have come to love over the years are leaving us. Dammit, old age and death should be illegal.....

Jim - Fer goodliness sakes alive man, whut de heck are you allooodin to? I ain't hardlee no spellin **** or gestapo. An since when did 'golf' become part of yer vocabulary?? I always thought it was called whack whitey.... An dont werry bout tellin storys agin, we all enjoys dem even de 5th or 6th time around.

Inline - Um, nope. Still not gonna go read dat stuff. I'll wait till its a movie and watch it dat way...

Mike - Hey! A 49 Chevy? Hope it's all you hope it will be. Sounds like it will be a cool project. We still have our 'low' Saturn and it's been serving my son well, especially after I did a lot of work on it 2 years ago. I'm about to enter the fray with more of a challenge. Clint helped me with figuring out the fuel pump may be going bad, so that's on the to do list. Bought all the parts I need at Rock Auto. Even with shipping to here, it's waaaay cheaper than buying locally, which is sad. Are you still driving the SL2 you got from your friend? Sometimes I wish I had gone with the DOHC instead of SOHC.

John - I guess I need to catch up on what happened to ya. Hope you're doing well.

London - Gardening is always fun and relaxing, at least to most of us. Glad you're having fun that way. Enjoy the trip to Tenerife. Sorry if this treads on being insensitive, but what's happening with your pup?

Moyock - Congrats on your daughters wedding. Now comes the fun part, I think....Maybe you'll be able to train some of those grand babies to wrench.
Old May 27th, 2017, 11:36 PM

Good Morning.

Renovating day #2. Under fiancees command...
At 6.pm to work... Can you sense the excitement oozing from this post...?

Jamesbo - Thanks for sharing that article. Need to read that later today when i get out of fiancees command.

Okay, have a sunday everyone.
Old May 28th, 2017, 06:25 AM

Mawn'in

When I woke up it was pouring like a cow on a flat rock

Seems to have blown thru

Allan, I have no idea how we survived during your absence

Mike, Safe travels,

Clint, I have no idea WTF your FB post was about

John, Looks like great minds think alike, I got my yard work done just in time to see the bottom drop out

Well, the super Model is wearing black and wants to make a pilgrimage to the "Big House" http://www.thebighousemuseum.com/ down the road in Macon, Ga

I'm gonna try to dodge that bullet

Have a great day Olds friends
Old May 28th, 2017, 07:32 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Good morning,

Such a beautimus Mawnin here. For you peeps in the heat belt it will seem cold at 47* but for inline, me and maybe Clint it's quite nice. Gentle breeze wafting though at about 7.46 mph.

Jim - I'm wif you. Let de supermodel do dat sojourn on her own. So how come y'all can't go whack whitey tomorrow? Cuz the course will be full with Memorial Day wanna be's?

I guess today I'll finish sanding down and repainting the winter steelies for the Saturn. They've become a little too crusty over the last 3 years for my liking. Gonna spray them with rustoleum satin black and see how that works.

Enjoy your Sunday!

Last edited by Allan R; May 28th, 2017 at 07:36 AM.
Old May 28th, 2017, 07:39 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Hmmm, that's interesting.
The iPad posted my comment twice so I went back and deleted one of em. Now I'm seeing it registers as a deleted post. So many changes on this site to get used to.....
One thing I do like is the way it's easier to post pics
Old May 28th, 2017, 08:26 AM

Well, I wanted to go to a small car show this morning with my brothers car, and for sale signs in the windows to see if I could get a few nibbles, but a guy called yesterday from out of town who wants to see it today, how much ya wanna bet that he's a no show.
Old May 28th, 2017, 08:47 AM

Afternoon all,

Well, I just got back from Hever Castle, what a stunning place with gardens to die for.

Allan, it's good to have the wise one back, how did we get on without you? My pup is just too damn old for his own good and everything is wearing out fast, mind you same can be said for his owner!
I would love it to be easier to post pictures as well, too damn tricky for a dinosaur like me.

Inline, stop posting comments and get on with your work!!

London weather, warm again mid 70s with a chance of thunderstorms this evening.
Old May 29th, 2017, 02:44 AM

Good day.

Just woke up. Now eating breakfast of the champions
Equivalent to British breakfast. Lets call it Finnish breakfast

Was actually pretty nice night at work afterall. Mainly due to supervisor not bothering to stay since sunday+night He just visited and left. Was back at bed at 5am.
Now waiting for the call to get my lazy *** back to work.

Allan R - 47F is same as summer Not bad at all, its fine.

So, this might sound unbeliavable to someone living in USA, if ive understand correctly.
But last night i saw thunderstorm at night, it did go just past us with only few tribbles of water raining to us. And quess what, i cant remember for my life when is the last time ive seen thunderstorm.

Okay, just got a call. Back to work at 5pm.

Have a good new week everyone!
Old May 29th, 2017, 07:27 AM

We had a few thunderstorms last night as well, I must admit I thought it was the wife snoring first of all

Shopping with the wife today. Equivalent to slow torture.
Old May 29th, 2017, 08:48 AM

Inline, probably due to your northern location, when my parents lived in Alaska, it was unusual to get them, even more so to get "thundersnow," thunder during the winter, they knew what it was, but the locals freaked out when they heard it.
Old May 30th, 2017, 04:13 AM

Mawn'in

Thunderboomers come and go this time of year

Too wet to do much in the yard today

London,

I have a special outfit,I save for those occasions when my wife wants me to go to the mall shopping.I come out and say "Ready to go dear" wearing my dark knee socks, sandals,Bermuda shorts and Magnum PI shirt, Haven't had to go to the mall in years

Allan,FYI sweet tater vines grow like Kudzu Down ere we start then from slips Maybe you should google it, my key board is sticking this morning

Have agreat day Olds friends
Old May 30th, 2017, 04:40 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

Jamesbo, I'm not really sure either. I think it had to do with my 8th grade social studies teacher.

Adjuster is coming to look at the trailer this morning.

John, glad you're back.

Have a Tuesday all.
Old May 30th, 2017, 07:23 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Tuesday Mawnin to you,

Sweet! The seeds i planted a week ago are springing through the soil. I guess I'll believe the package now, says germination in 7-10 days. Anutter beautimus day shaping up, but windy. I don't mind the breeze so much cuz it keeps the mosquitos at bay. Might have water though because it also dries out so fast.

The city has a 311 app for reporting things like potholes, parking etc. I figured wth, and reported a few potholes. Action? Nope, they just closed em saying a duplicate complaint exists. Duh, if that many people are reporting the same thing you think they'd fixit? Oh look, a flying peeg!!!

Jim - I giggled that. Sounds more like a weed than anything else. I dint start em from slips, just plonked it into de earth an hope fer de best. My zucchini is starting to produce.

Inline - you'd like it here. Prolly less severe than where you live. We even have indoor plumbing sort of paved roads not too many t storms but when they do show they're spectacular.

London - You nailed it. I'd rather have a dental appt. Is she going with you to Tenerife?

Clint - Good luck with the adjuster. You think there's enough damage they'll replace or fix? Or do they payout and call it good?

Enjoy your short work week y'all.
Old May 30th, 2017, 09:27 AM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Got back late last night from Mom's and slept in a little. Didn't get any painting done but we did get everything put away, rearranged, gone through. Got some pictures up on the wall and it really is starting to look like home.

Gonna go get Tiger then come home and probably mow. Looks like there was rain while I was gone but haven't been in the back yard to see what kind of soup is back there.

I'll do some catching up and check you all out later. Hope everyone had a good holiday weekend.
Old May 30th, 2017, 10:16 AM
Captain Starfire

Wet one in da' swamp... and looks like variations on that theme for rest o'week....

Anybody take the bait and join the Classic Car Restoration Club? Sounds interesting; but these things usually peter out pretty quick, and start repeating themselves after about 6 months. Maybe I'll be wrong this time; but in any case, I haven't bitten.

I actually have a relatively peaceful week this week, so I won't have any excuse at all when I report next week I haven't touched the S/F for yet another week!

Y'all have a dry one, Olds pals.

Last edited by Bee-Oh-Pee; May 30th, 2017 at 10:39 AM.
Old May 30th, 2017, 12:32 PM

Evening.

Superquick visit just to say hello.
Now to sleep.

Cya tomorrow.
Old May 30th, 2017, 12:42 PM

I jes had to look and see what time it was 10:32 p.m.

You're gonna miss Hereeeeeeeeeeeeeeee's Johnny
Old May 30th, 2017, 01:04 PM

Evening.

Allan. Yes, my lovely wife is coming with me to Tenerife, after all it's where she is from.

Nothing much to report today.

See ya
Old May 30th, 2017, 01:41 PM
Captain Starfire

Update: just got the inner fenders out of the S/F, which I've been dreading for 4 years... The hardest part was trying to get the original wire retainers out in one piece after 53 years, and even that was successful! I'm pumped... I'm sure I'll have the car back on the road next week (not).

Now to get all the crummy gook & undercoat off & re-paint. Should make a huge difference.... And as a bonus, having the inner fenders out gives me direct, easy access to the brake tubing and distribution block down on the frame, which I was going to have to struggle with.
Old May 30th, 2017, 04:56 PM
Just an Olds Guy

John, what 'the S/F'? Inner fender liners are so much fun. I still have mine out waiting to be cleaned and reinstalled. It does give a whole lot of room to access stuff though. Are your liners plastic or metal?

London - Enjoy the trip and each others company!

Mike - Is Tiger your new dog? Got a picture?

EDIT: John - Nebber mind. I figured it out. Starfire.
Old May 30th, 2017, 10:35 PM

Morning everyone.

Rains outside. Hope it stops when ill go to work. Long day ahead, starts mid-day and last some way through the night. Then again day+night-shift, then weekend. Yay. Cant wait to heat sauna.

Bee-Oh-Pee - S/F = Your Starfire?

Jamesbo - LOL I remembered that story from earlier posts and started to chuckle already when i knew what was coming about your " shopping with wife" post

Allan R - I quess our climates are pretty much the same? Some differences ofc, but all in all. Its now 45F outside ( and that rain).

Okay - Good wednesday everyone.
Old May 31st, 2017, 03:24 AM

Mawn'in

Still too wet to do much yard wrok

Originally Posted by Inline
Jamesbo - LOL I remembered that story from earlier posts and started to chuckle already when i knew what was coming about your " shopping with wife" post :.
Inline, I have a very limited repertoire, Don't ya have any friends over there that would like to join the :Good Morning" thread and hear my stories for the 1st time

I constantly need a new fresh audience

John, While your down there upside down and sideways clean the leaves acorns and crawfish tails out of the heater

Allan, Yes that's Mike's new pup but I think he's camera shy

London, Just Because nothing is going on doesn't mean ya can't make up a good story

GTG

Have a Great day Olds friends
Old May 31st, 2017, 04:41 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

Alan, The adjuster came up with about $6700 worth of damage. The trailer is worth considerably more than that. They subtracted the deductible and stroke a check right there on the spot. I'm doubting we are gonna repair it. They get to look at the Duramax tomorrow. Then the house on the 12th.

Have a day
Old May 31st, 2017, 04:50 AM

Morning all! Just got back from Nashville, TN. 1,600 miles round trip to be with my oldest daughter and see her get married. Very good trip.

CQR - Don't know what to say other than good luck! That must really be a bummer!
Jamesbo - yea, I concur. Too, wet to do yard work! =D

It's hump day! Woo Hoo!

ken
Old May 31st, 2017, 05:40 AM
Captain Starfire

Wet stuff continues.

Every time you guys talk about that northern climate I'm reminded of my favorite show, Highway Thru Hell.

You got it, Allan. (Welcome back, BTW!) Yes, Inline: S/F = Starfire. BTW, all the sheetmetal is great except (of course) for some pieces around the battery tray. I might actually bring it to a machine shop and have 'em weld in some new steel so's it'll be 100% again, since it's the only rough spot. It's amazing all the different baffles and pieces that fit together like a puzzle at that radiator core support. On the GS, it's just one hulkin' piece stamped, crimped, & welded.

I'll have to do that, Jamesbo. If I can pull out a few bay leaves, I'll have the fixin's for a seafood jambalaya.

Congrats, Ken... Must be breathing a bit easier with that wonderful event behind you.

I hope you get treated fairly in all that stuff, Clint. That's a tall order when dealing with the insurance companies, although perhaps it's the luck of the draw. My neighbors across the street were treated MUCH more "fairly" than we were after Katrina.

OK, Mike... grace period's over... time to check back in.

Happity Humpity, Olds buds.

Last edited by Bee-Oh-Pee; May 31st, 2017 at 05:48 AM.
Old May 31st, 2017, 06:17 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Happy hump day
Starting out soooo beautiful today. Very pleasant. 58* outside so I have all the windows and doors open. Love this cool time of the day. Since its been hot and windy in the aft I usually hose down the plants and grass for about 1/2 hour so they don't get parched.

Yesterday the dept of roadways came back to address my complaint that our street got missed during the spring clean (joke). They showed up to do this of course at 6:15 PM when all the cars are now parked on the street. Bunch of brain dead morons.

Jim - thanks! I checked this Mawnin an most all de other plants are German-ated, or sprung up, through de dirt". Gotta put out some orange peels in the garden to keep de naybors kat frum peein and poopin dere. I read dye don't like citrus much.

Clint - Wow! You got hammered really bad by the sounds of it. I guess if the structure of the trailer is still good, some $$ in pocket is ok. I'd guess most of the cost to repair is labor?

London - Safe travels sir.

John - Thanks. Maybe take the fenders in and get them media blasted, then have them powder coated? That finish resists dang near everything. Compressed air nozzle works really well getting crud out of hard to get areas.

Inline - Cool! Mind me asking, what's your first name? Inline sounds like you're either a machine or waitin for an inheritance.

Where's Scott and Adrian?
Old May 31st, 2017, 04:07 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Nice here today, not terribly warm and things are drying out. I hope that continues because I need to mow.

First night back to work. Only three this week. It was going to be two, but I changed my plans for the weekend and saved taking a day off. I can use that day later.

John slow down. We're getting dangerously close to me having to eat grits.

Moyock glad everything went well and congratulations to your daughter on the event of her wedding.

Well the phone rang and I spent all my forum time talking on the phone so here I go to work. Hope everyone has a good evening.
Old June 1st, 2017, 04:26 AM

Mawn'in

Finally dried out enough to mow yesterday so today is weed wack day

Still need to clean the gutters

Moyock, Congrats Wedding make me cry [so do divorces]

John, Are you gonna start a thread with your work or just share it with us??

" How to cook Cajun and clean inner fenders thread "

Welp, Day lite is burning GTG

Have a great day Olds friends
Old June 1st, 2017, 04:32 AM
CQR

Mornin!

Moyock Congrats.

Alan, twas big hail, but honestly its really just the roof, 2 front panels, and vent covers and a A/c shroud.

Have a Thursday all.
Old June 1st, 2017, 02:58 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Got home a little early this morning and got up early and did some mowing. Got some rain right when I was finishing but that's done now. Still a little cloudy.

Not much else going on. I need to go swap out the blue van for the pickup. Oh that 49 Chevy. It looked fairly solid until you got up close to it. Rust around all the edges, rust in the rockers, floor, I couldn't get into the trunk. Rust in the engine compartment. I passed. It did run smooth. It has a bad fuel pump, so he poured about a quart of gas down the carb and started it with a button attached to the battery. It immediately spun up to about 10 grand and ran for a few seconds. Wonder how many times he's done that.

Okay gonna finish getting ready for work and then hit the road. One more then the weekend. Have a good evening everyone.
Old June 2nd, 2017, 12:20 AM

Good Morning everyone.

Just heating Morning sauna. What a week... Thats all i can say. Happy it ended now, was at bed 03.00am, today. Today is strictly for resting. I have beer, sausage, potato-chips.. sauna. Movie or two. All i need for perfect day.

2nd of June. 44F outside. WTF? I was wearing winter jacket yesterday at work. Nothing beats Finnish summer, but Canadien should be equal?

Jamesbo - I fear that i dont have anyone who has american car, less Oldsmobile

Moyock - Congrats

Bee-Oh-Pee - Any pics of your Starfire? Cool car looking from google pictures. Well, that era cars are cool almost always. Somehow the "pinnacle"? of American muscle cars dont strike me at all, years around 70'. Good for me - couldnt even afford those

Allan R - Sure. Its Jouni. I dont even remember where that Inline have came, but its stayed for years and years

Okay, everything good for all of you and happy weekend, im off to sauna.

Last edited by Inline; June 2nd, 2017 at 02:53 AM.
Old June 2nd, 2017, 02:23 AM

Thanks ya'll! It's funny how it goes from the pitter patter of babies feet to the pitter patter of grand babies feet. Making me feel old!

Well, we made it to another Friday. No plans this weekend, may head down to the local drag strip Saturday evening.

Morning all, have a great and safe Friday!
Old June 2nd, 2017, 03:45 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

Mike what model are you looking for? I found this here in the springs. but not sure if the price is in line or not. doesn't look like there is much cancer. https://cosprings.craigslist.org/cto/6146009302.html

Shuffled the missus out the door early since she had all the chores to do today.

Have a day all.