The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old October 7th, 2022, 03:19 PM
Always room for one more

We left at 11. Not bad at all, but odd we sat around 35 minutes for nothing. Then spent 3 hours at the Awful house.

So I sat with a guy today who taught battery safety and maintenance at his job, and he said I would get a surface charge out of the Suburban's battery, and if I got it to get the truck started I'd have the same sort of trouble a few days later. So I'm going to save myself a lot of hassle and buy a new battery for the truck and not try to swap them.

Chris strange they don't consider the gutters one big assembly. After our epic hail storm, half my gutters were damaged but got new ons all around because, well come to think of it I only have gutters on the front and back, and both sides were damaged. Okay don't mind me, but I'd still think they'd all be one job.

Think I'll go home a little early tonight. Two-fifteen comes early in the morning. Have a good evening everyone.

Old October 7th, 2022, 03:24 PM

Mike - I hope the battery recharge works, like you said, new batteries sure ain't cheap anymore!

Jim - I agree with Norm, that's a very interesting combo of ingredients to glaze the chicken with, but it sure looks good!

Monty showed progress when he got up this morning. He's still limping, but definitely putting more weight on the bad leg. I'm still carrying him up/down the stairs to the back yard so he can do his business, but I know he's getting better because he jumped up on the couch by himself when I wasn't watching him. Yesterday he wouldn't even attempt it, he'd just go stand by it until you lifted him up.

Got my wife to her daughter's house this afternoon for her sleepover with grandkids. I'll have to get up early tomorrow to make sure the dogs are squared away before I leave for the car show. Got the car packed and ready to go. My wife said her daughter is bringing her home fairly early tomorrow morning, so the dogs should be fine until she gets home.

Hope ya'll have a great evening and weekend!
Old October 7th, 2022, 03:45 PM
Running On Empty

Originally Posted by slantflat
...spent 3 hours at the Awful house.

Old October 7th, 2022, 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by Dream67Olds442
Mike - I hope the battery recharge works, like you said, new batteries sure ain't cheap anymore!

Jim - I agree with Norm, that's a very interesting combo of ingredients to glaze the chicken with, but it sure looks good!

Monty showed progress when he got up this morning. He's still limping, but definitely putting more weight on the bad leg. I'm still carrying him up/down the stairs to the back yard so he can do his business, but I know he's getting better because he jumped up on the couch by himself when I wasn't watching him. Yesterday he wouldn't even attempt it, he'd just go stand by it until you lifted him up.

Got my wife to her daughter's house this afternoon for her sleepover with grandkids. I'll have to get up early tomorrow to make sure the dogs are squared away before I leave for the car show. Got the car packed and ready to go. My wife said her daughter is bringing her home fairly early tomorrow morning, so the dogs should be fine until she gets home.

Hope ya'll have a great evening and weekend!
Old boy probably just kicked something.
Old October 7th, 2022, 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by Koda
Old boy probably just kicked something.
Ya, that's what we're thinking now. Could have banged it on any number of things horsing around.
Old October 8th, 2022, 02:37 AM
Always room for one more

Ah, good morning.

In early for overtime, things are going well. No idea how many we're doing but the lead said he needs to go so we won't be late.

And really nothing is new since last night. So have a good weekend everyone.

Old October 8th, 2022, 10:06 AM

It is a very odd combination of ingredients but very good

if you decide to try it you need to line your dish with aluminum foil

Honey can easily burn
Old October 8th, 2022, 01:32 PM

A few pics from the Pentwater, Mi. show. A bit chilly, as it was 50ish and a wind coming off of the big lake. https://photos.app.goo.gl/DzG6gvSnckSwD3Cq8
Old October 8th, 2022, 01:51 PM
Running On Empty

Dan - Nice pics. Thanks for sharing. Tad on the chilly side here this morning, as well.
Old October 9th, 2022, 05:55 AM

Going to try a pic or 2.

Some of us at the 2nd shelter were were at near Tampa.

One of our "Clients" I can take a pic of.....

another "client".

Yep.
Old October 9th, 2022, 06:23 AM

I left on Sept 26 for Orlando, next day we went to a Evacuation Shelter which was at a Middle School in Plant City. There we had aprx 400 Migrant workers who were brought to us on busses, also maybe 20 citizens who were going to wait out the storm. ( originally hurricane was supossta hit Tampa area). After storm passed, (we had high winds but actual hurricane hit south of us) clients left and we went to another Red Cross shelter we set up in a big Gym. We were asked who would like to be the animal people and I volunteered along with another volunteer. Her and I took turns watching the animals. There ended up being 2 dogs and 2 cats. Thy were the only "clients" I could take a pic of.. Can't take pics with any human clients- . We also had some time off at a really nice Marriot high rise Hotel in Tampa. Here's some mo

My cot at Middle school.

This was fun.

animal shelter.

re pics...
Old October 9th, 2022, 09:40 AM

Hi guys,

Was tired last night after a long car event day, and our internet has been down most of the morning.

Dan - Nice pics, I especially liked the white Starliner and the BSA motorcycle! Thanks for sharing!

Greg - Thanks for sharing the pics. Hope you're going home soon if you're not home already.

The weather for the Car Show at the Elks Lodge in High Ridge, MO yesterday was perfect, sunny and 65°, with just a slight breeze. Put the car in the 1960 -1969 Stock Class and didn't think there was any way I'd place as they were only giving out 2 places. I thought there were at least 4 other cars in my Class that were as nice, or nicer than mine, but to my surprise I ended up placing 2nd. First place went to a very nice, and incredibly clean, '65 Chevelle SS.

After the Car Show I went to the cruise-in at the Church, but only stayed about 2-hours because I wanted to get home and get the car cleaned up a little and put away before dark. It's getting dark here now around 1830.

Hope ya'll are having a great weekend!

Last edited by Dream67Olds442; October 9th, 2022 at 09:42 AM.
Old October 9th, 2022, 09:41 AM

Ok I could use a little help here, The 1st week in November we're having a low county boil at the lake and after we eat we're going to spread my uncles ashes in the lake he loved..Covid put the gathering off for a long while

Problem is we don't have a good head count somewhere betwix 30-50

As of today I am planning on 20# shrimp,10# andouille, 5 lemons, 15 # small red taters , and 30 ears of corn [halved]

Whatcha think?
Old October 9th, 2022, 10:09 AM
Running On Empty

Originally Posted by Jamesbo;1456890[/QUOTE
Whatcha think?
Jim - That's enough for you & me. What will the others eat?
Old October 9th, 2022, 10:11 AM
Running On Empty

Jim - Honestly I think you have the numbers spot-on.
Old October 9th, 2022, 10:21 AM
Running On Empty

Greg - Once again, thanks so much for volunteering your time & resources. Well done.
Old October 9th, 2022, 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by Vintage Chief
Greg - Once again, thanks so much for volunteering your time & resources. Well done.

X2

Chis the lady at the whisky store had on a Gawga football jersey # 34.So, I said "Hershel" and she said " No this is Hershel, " and pulled out a picture of one of the 10 million bulldogs named Hershel. Her cute little erasers were sticking out form her under her jersey so I decide to chat while I enjoyed the view. I said, "I have a friend [you] whose bulldog gets infections under his wrinkles.
she said, "Yes, They are very high maintenance"

Tell your pups, the info you post has given me a path to pleasure
Old October 9th, 2022, 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
Whatcha think?
Jim - I'd like to give you a confident response, but like you said, you have a pretty wide spread on the head count. I think if you're closer to the 30 number you'll be fine, ya get to 40 or more, and ya may be short? Just my two cents.
Old October 9th, 2022, 01:49 PM

I am of no help on your boil, Jim. Erasers, two should be plenty for one. Greg, they are bringing some of the shelter animals to Michigan to find them homes.
Old October 9th, 2022, 02:33 PM

Chis the lady at the whisky store had on a Gawga football jersey # 34.So, I said "Hershel" and she said " No this is Hershel, " and pulled out a picture of one of the 10 million bulldogs named Hershel. Her cute little erasers were sticking out form her under her jersey so I decide to chat while I enjoyed the view. I said, "I have a friend [you] whose bulldog gets infections under his wrinkles.
she said, "Yes, They are very high maintenance"

Tell your pups, the info you post has given me a path to pleasure
LMAO, That is absolutely great!
Old October 9th, 2022, 04:00 PM

Mike, I forgot to mention, I flew Delta and thought of you while flying- especially when I felt the tires hit the tarmac!! Good job, no problems! Oh it's good to be home. I think the last time I talked to you guys was before my buddy and I went to the James Dean and Ducktail Rub car events in Northern Indiana. That was fun, we took my old truck, no problems. They are only about 10 mile apart so we got both. Walked about 4.5 miles each day.
Old October 9th, 2022, 04:01 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

I'm beat. The day started out good, slept in went to Awful house, rested, but then we went to Walmart. The place was packed, people were annoying, it took us forever to get out of there. Then Publix. They didn't have anything Mom wanted. Then we did Awful house for dinner. One server, new cook, anything he did she had to redo. Gee, gotta get back to work to relax.

Greg glad you had a good time with the animals. Usually there are lots and lots, but if the hurricane didn't hit where you were at, they were spared. Good on you for going.

Gonna sit down now with a nice bowl of ice cream, then go home and hit the sack. Hope everyone had a good weekend.

Old October 9th, 2022, 04:02 PM
Always room for one more

Greg thanks for flying with us! I hope we treated you right. If you would have run down to the ramp real quick and gotten the serial numbers off the tires I could tell you if they were mine or not. But guaranteed it was someone I know and work with.

Old October 9th, 2022, 04:59 PM

Mike - You hit the trifecta of annoyance, Walmart, Publix, and a new cook in the kitchen! I can see why ya want to go back to work for some peace!
Old October 9th, 2022, 05:19 PM

Gee, gotta get back to work to relax.
I hear ya, that's how I feel just about every week. And people wonder why I'm not in a hurry to retire.
Old October 9th, 2022, 06:10 PM

Well, about 3:00 this afternoon I got a call from my sister that made everything else that happened today irrelevant. She told me my deceased brother's ex-wife had called her to let her know our niece Katy has been diagnosed with and is being treated for leukemia. Now I know in the last 10-years they've made tremendous progress in treating many types of leukemia, but at this point I don't know what type she has. The positive news is she is responding well to her treatments to date, and has been able to continue to work. She is a professional dog trainer, and she uses her own dogs to provide dog therapy for seriously ill children. After hearing the news, I immediately thought I need to call my niece, but then thought better of it, and thought I'd better get my head screwed on straight about this before I make that call.
Old October 9th, 2022, 06:44 PM

Well, that sucks. She may not want an outpouring of sympathy and just want support when and if she needs it.
Old October 9th, 2022, 06:58 PM
Running On Empty

A cousin’s wife was treated for leukemia ~ 6 years ago via CAR T (Chimeric Antigen Receptor T Cells). Several different types of leukemia not sure CAR T is applicable to any/all types of leukemia. She’s doing well - hard battle, but doing well.
Old October 9th, 2022, 07:11 PM

John and Norm - Thanks for your responses, much appreciated! Kinda flying semi-blind at this point not knowing what type of leukemia she has. I would like to find out somehow what type she has before calling her. With both my daughter's being BSN's, I know they could fill me in on all the particulars about what she's facing if I can just find out what type she has.

Last edited by Dream67Olds442; October 9th, 2022 at 07:54 PM.
Old October 10th, 2022, 04:59 AM

Congratulations Chris,

If you keep up the pace you may pass our dear departed friend Sandy

Mike, Did you ever hear [know] what Larry did with Sandy's car? I don't think I ever heard
Old October 10th, 2022, 05:40 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

I may have to break out the jacket finally. It was 52 this morning, which is actually a little better than it was yesterday at 43. Heck I don't even know where it's at.

Slow morning. I got my good wall guy so that's a plus.

Jamesbo the last I heard, you had messaged [I don't remember her name] on facebook and she said Larry still had the car in the barn. But that was how many years ago. Given a little more lead time she probably would have been buried in it. I don't think she was sick very long.

Chris that's too bad about your niece. I agree that you shouldn't rush to talk to her. When my Granddad was sick years ago, we lived about 3 hours from him. He was in and out of the hospital for about a year, and every time he went in my aunt would call my Mom and say this is the end. So we'd rush right down to see him and it did him no good whatsoever. Prayers she does okay.

Well okay. Extended break. Hope everyone has a good day.

Old October 10th, 2022, 05:58 AM

Men of action get frustrated by the medical issues of family as it's not their fight, and there's often no action to take.
Old October 10th, 2022, 06:34 AM

Congratulations Chris,

If you keep up the pace you may pass our dear departed friend Sandy
Jim - Thanks for the congrats, it's always fun to have your car recognized by other car guys/gals! Wished I had joined this site before your friend Sandy departed, you guys speak very fondly of her, she must have been a kind gal!
Old October 10th, 2022, 06:45 AM

Chris that's too bad about your niece. I agree that you shouldn't rush to talk to her. When my Granddad was sick years ago, we lived about 3 hours from him. He was in and out of the hospital for about a year, and every time he went in my aunt would call my Mom and say this is the end. So we'd rush right down to see him and it did him no good whatsoever. Prayers she does okay.
Mike --Thanks for your thoughts and prayers, they are very much appreciated!
Old October 10th, 2022, 06:51 AM

Originally Posted by Koda
Men of action get frustrated by the medical issues of family as it's not their fight, and there's often no action to take.
John - I think your insight is spot on! It's out of my control other than being compassionate and encouraging. It is frustrating wishing I could do more for her!
Old October 10th, 2022, 10:42 AM

Norm, Found "MY' game 41/42

Friends If I am my last leg. PLEASE don't come visit me. I would like to have some privacy and die with a little dignity
Old October 10th, 2022, 11:31 AM

Norm, Found "MY' game 41/42
Jim - Very nice round!
Old October 10th, 2022, 12:47 PM

Friends If I am my last leg. PLEASE don't come visit me. I would like to have some privacy and die with a little dignity
You're sounding like Doc talking to Wyatt.
Old October 10th, 2022, 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by Fun71
You're sounding like Doc talking to Wyatt.
I was thinking Timothy Olyphant in Hitman.
Old October 11th, 2022, 05:32 AM

Mike, guess where I am and what I ordered