The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old June 9th, 2022, 03:15 PM

Tonight paella, chicken, sausage, shrimp, mussels
Old June 9th, 2022, 03:17 PM
Running On Empty

Jim - Way to go. 🙏
Old June 9th, 2022, 04:23 PM

Jim & Norm, our resident chefs.
Old June 9th, 2022, 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by 1969w3155
Jim & Norm, our resident chefs.
^^^x2^^^
Old June 9th, 2022, 05:34 PM
Always room for one more

So I'm sitting out on the front porch. Beautiful evening. In the mornings I can put the phone by the front door, and the computer will work in the kitchen, which is in the back of the house. But in the evenings, it won't. Also in the evenings going between pages, every page, it says the website took too long, then it says the connection was closed, then it says I'm not online(when it shows that I am), then sometimes it will go to the page. Usually I lose my patience and turn the phuquin' thing off. Why would it work better in the morning and not the afternoon?

So we got a stern talking-to this morning. The lead said he was going to resign his leadship if we didn't do better. He obviously can't get through to us so he might as well let someone else try. What he didn't say is why he never checks up on the known slackers, or why he always preaches about the "personal number" but won't ever tell the biggest offenders to knock it off. We all just looked at him. It can't be lost on him that we are unable to uphold his unrealistic goals with the manpower and equipment we currently have. Eh, it's above my pay grade.

There was a "town hall meeting" today that was mandatory, and I skipped it. It's a quarterly thing where the higher ups toot their own horn and dismiss questions we ask them. It's also way at the other end of the building and after I was damn near crippled when I got back to the shop said I wasn't going to another one. So today I didn't go. And no one missed me. And everything they talked about is already decided and they don't give a damn about our input. And we can read about it on the homepage anyway.

Time to hit the sack. We're working Saturday so it's not that big of a deal being Friday. I should set up a tent and sleep on the back porch. Just a glorious night out. Have a good night everyone.

​​​​​​​
Old June 9th, 2022, 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by slantflat
So I'm sitting out on the front porch. Beautiful evening. In the mornings I can put the phone by the front door, and the computer will work in the kitchen, which is in the back of the house. But in the evenings, it won't. Also in the evenings going between pages, every page, it says the website took too long, then it says the connection was closed, then it says I'm not online(when it shows that I am), then sometimes it will go to the page. Usually I lose my patience and turn the phuquin' thing off. Why would it work better in the morning and not the afternoon?

So we got a stern talking-to this morning. The lead said he was going to resign his leadship if we didn't do better. He obviously can't get through to us so he might as well let someone else try. What he didn't say is why he never checks up on the known slackers, or why he always preaches about the "personal number" but won't ever tell the biggest offenders to knock it off. We all just looked at him. It can't be lost on him that we are unable to uphold his unrealistic goals with the manpower and equipment we currently have. Eh, it's above my pay grade.

There was a "town hall meeting" today that was mandatory, and I skipped it. It's a quarterly thing where the higher ups toot their own horn and dismiss questions we ask them. It's also way at the other end of the building and after I was damn near crippled when I got back to the shop said I wasn't going to another one. So today I didn't go. And no one missed me. And everything they talked about is already decided and they don't give a damn about our input. And we can read about it on the homepage anyway.

Time to hit the sack. We're working Saturday so it's not that big of a deal being Friday. I should set up a tent and sleep on the back porch. Just a glorious night out. Have a good night everyone.

​​​​​​​
Yeah, at that point you just tell him, well, bye, like in Tombstone.

Management does not get it when there are problems because of bad management, and they have meetings to find out why there are problems, and they get told a bunch of specifics that are bad management by the workforce, yet they never do anything because they would have to admit they are wrong.
Old June 9th, 2022, 07:03 PM

Jim, you said you are keeping an eye out for a green vehicle with a canvas top is this what you had in mind?https://greenbay.craigslist.org/cto/...494421198.html
Old June 9th, 2022, 09:02 PM

Originally Posted by otto72
Jim, you said you are keeping an eye out for a green vehicle with a canvas top is this what you had in mind?https://greenbay.craigslist.org/cto/...494421198.html

“truck w/wench”

I’m a married man so that prolly wouldn’t set well with the wife. Great for the single guys or playahs, though.
Old June 10th, 2022, 03:41 AM

Originally Posted by Fun71
“truck w/wench”

I’m a married man so that prolly wouldn’t set well with the wife. Great for the single guys or playahs, though.
thanks but I have the same problem..i love OD but the super model not so much
Old June 10th, 2022, 02:16 PM

Sorry Chris, left over London broil tonight
last night before everyone heads home
Old June 10th, 2022, 04:31 PM
Running On Empty

So I'm sitting out on the front porch. Beautiful evening. In the mornings I can put the phone by the front door, and the computer will work in the kitchen, which is in the back of the house. But in the evenings, it won't. Also in the evenings going between pages, every page, it says the website took too long, then it says the connection was closed, then it says I'm not online(when it shows that I am), then sometimes it will go to the page. Usually I lose my patience and turn the phuquin' thing off. Why would it work better in the morning and not the afternoon?​​​​​​​
There are too many variables to provide you w/ one or two meaningful answers. But, if you're using your phone as a "hotspot" for your PC internet connection, you need to be mindful of what you're doing. If you're NOT using the phone as a "hotspot" for your PC, then turn off the hotspot so it isn't consuming bandwidth and sharing that bandwidth. There is also such a thing as "throttling". An ISP can throttle bandwidth any old time they damn well please for many reasons - the network is becoming saturated so they throttle bandwidth in your location; happens more often than you think (especially in the evenings when everyone is "on-line") and using phones. I still think you're better off finding a different carrier.
Old June 10th, 2022, 04:32 PM
Always room for one more

Hi from the front porch again. I just don't get this thing. It says it's connected, but it won't connect. So much for all this modern technology. It ain't worth squat if it won't do what I need it to.

Long day at work. We weren't going to make 160 and no one was going to stay. So the fata$$ lead says, we're going to 132. So we need 28 more and then we need two tires per cage for tomorrow and then we can go. This was at 1.00 . Well, eight cages is 16 wheels plus the 28 and that's 42, in an hour and a half. Empty promise. He didn't fool anyone. Left about a quarter after 2.

Nice out. A bit muggy but clear. I'm going in for overtime in the morning so it will be an extra early morning. I'm guessing we'll be there until around 11. Eh, it's a big chunk of change that I could use. Not working Sunday.

Okay off to bed. Have a good evening everyone.

Old June 10th, 2022, 04:34 PM
Running On Empty

It says it's connected, but it won't connect. So much for all this modern technology. It ain't worth squat if it won't do what I need it to.
EXACTLY, what does "it" refer to?
Old June 10th, 2022, 04:35 PM
Always room for one more

Thanks Norm. Remember it was your idea to use the phone as a hotspot, which is what I do. As a conspiracist, I think it is Verizon purposely making my phone run slow so I will think gee, I should spend another 800 bucks and get a quicker phone. I have yet to ask the neighbors who they use but I will. This is very awkward sitting out here.
Old June 10th, 2022, 04:38 PM
Running On Empty

OK. Yeah, so you're using your phone as a hotspot as I suggested instead of using Verizon's "pack" - so, that saved you money and allowed you to connect, but that was where - at the old house and on the road. Try turning off the "hotspot" if you're using your phone for the Internet or making calls as the "hotspot" can consume bandwidth. Also, make sure your Blue Tooth is disabled as it will consume resources and bandwidth - especially in weak signal areas.
Old June 10th, 2022, 04:42 PM
Running On Empty

The other thing is your WiFi. Toggle your WiFi to the OFF position on your phone. Since you don't have a cable modem with any WiFi connection, there's no reason to have WiFi enabled - that will scramble your eggs. Leave your WiFi ON for you PC (laptop) since you're grabbing the phone's hotspot sharing feature; but, turn Blue Tooth OFF, also.
Old June 10th, 2022, 04:47 PM
Running On Empty

Hate to see you going through this ordeal. You are modestly bushwhacked and in a tough position - but, this is also because you don't have (refuse) to have a cable Internet service connection. That .............. BY FAR!!! .......... would be your least expensive and guaranteed bandwidth service. But, that's your call. I don't have cable TV, but I do pay them for Internet service - which is flawless and super fast. If you had Internet, you'd have a cable modem w/ WiFi - which would then broadcast a WiFi signal for you all over your house. Something to consider anyways and I understand your hatred for cable companies. CATCH 22
Old June 10th, 2022, 04:51 PM
Running On Empty

The thing w/ Blue Tooth is this, Mike. If you have Blue Tooth enabled, Blue Tooth will CONTINUALLY broadcast a signal on your phone - CONTINUALLY looking for SOMETHING, ANYTHING w/in range to PAIR with. Blue Tooth is great when used appropriately. But, just remember, Blue Tooth CONTINUALLY broadcasts a signal looking for something and anything it can pair to/with. So, ensure it is OFF on both your phone and your PC (Laptop or whatever).
Old June 10th, 2022, 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
Sorry Chris, left over London broil tonight
last night before everyone heads home
Jim - That's ok, I'll let you slide this time, only because we took my cousin and her husband out to Texas Roadhouse, and I had a big ol' 16oz slab of Prime Rib, with a nice garden salad with blue cheese dressing, and a big ol' baked sweet potatoe with butter and brown sugar! 😋
Old June 10th, 2022, 06:33 PM
Running On Empty

A big fat juicy prime rib sounds wonderful. I haven’t had one in forever it seems. I’m salivating…
Old June 10th, 2022, 06:37 PM

Good evening guys,

As I mentioned to Jim above, we had a wonderful dinner and visit with my cousin Vicki and her husband Jim who are down here from Michigan for a bowling tournament.. My cousin is a very, very good bowler and has had three 300 games.

Going to my grandson Gabe's last soccer game tomorrow at 1000, then will get the car ready to go to the cruise-in at 1500. The weather's supposed to be nice, low 80's with sunshine. Should be a fun day!

Not looking forward to Monday - Wednesday next week with projected highs of low 100's, nothing like Kenneth has to deal with, but I can tell ya it ain't a dry heat!

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Old June 10th, 2022, 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by Vintage Chief
A big fat juicy prime rib sounds wonderful. I haven’t had one in forever it seems. I’m salivating…
Norm - It was mighty tasty, it's been a long time since I've had any too! We all came back to our house to visit and let our dinner settle. Then we had dessert, my wife's from scratch banana cake, with real cream cheese icing & Breyer's Vanilla Bean ice cream. I think I may have consumed about 20K-calories!
Old June 11th, 2022, 01:28 AM
Always room for one more

Good day, eh, and welcome to 4am! Man I didn't sleep worth anything last night. But I feel okay this morning, I should have just stayed up.

Norm all that stuff is off. I used to have internet only cable and it was 146 bucks a month. Sorry! It wasn't lightning fast like was advertised and Spectrum was just a shitty company.

Okay taking a minute to look for sure and those things were on! I turned off bluetooth, but wifi is on because it hooks up with the company's wifi when I'm here. I'll turn it off when I leave. The hotspot turns itself off after 5 minutes of idle. Hm, Norm as usual you may be on to something.

So quite a few people came in today, and the number is 100. The lead is going around taking our biscuit order. I don't think today will be so bad. We'll see.

Okay have a good Saturday everyone.

Old June 11th, 2022, 01:37 AM
Running On Empty

OK Hopefully having Blue Tooth off at the house will help. Turn it off on your laptop at home also.
Old June 11th, 2022, 03:22 AM

This morning I went on the "left coast thread". I was reminded of people who used to be on here and now are not. Allen R and Jaunty are 2. I guess lives change and guys just completely quit..? I hope every thing is alright with them... Mike, sounds like your Hotspot and connection problems are similar to mine.
Old June 11th, 2022, 08:22 AM
Always room for one more

It was a banner morning. We signed 100 wheels and were out at 830. Then when I got home I went over to hang out with the old guys at the airport, and then went to Awful house with a friend of mine.

The internet is ever perplexing. If I turn off the wifi then the mobile hot spot is not available. I haven't tried to turn off bluetooth on the computer yet, but it does seem to connect a little better when the phone is in the front of the house.

Allan was on here not long ago asking about his wheels. I haven't seen Jaunty for probably a year or better. Sometimes things change with people. There was a guy on this thread, Blue Vista, who just stopped showing up. No real reason that we know of. Then there was this guy Don, but we think he croaked.

So now I have the whole afternoon to myself. Gonna try to work on the dogmobile. Gonna go get a belt for the mower over at the shop, not sure that's what will get it going but it's a place to start. I tell you I have bad luck with used mowers. The guy who sold me the ZT(and is the guy I went to AH with) said he'd fix the mower as soon as he gets back from the Power Tour. As always, plenty to do. Maybe something will get done, who cares, it's a beautiful day. Might even put the dogmobile inside the fence so Tiger can help.

Old June 11th, 2022, 09:12 AM
Running On Empty

One of my brothers in the U.P. has Hughes Satellite. Excellent service, pricy but it’s basically the only viable option. Mike, shouldn’t need that in a suburb of Atlanta. You’re in a Verizon dead zone most likely.
Old June 11th, 2022, 09:18 AM
Running On Empty

I’ve been spending most time detailing interior/exterior of the ‘71 CS convertible. Indian has been on the lift for two weeks as I detail all the chrome, etc. Today I’m changing the 2-up configuration to a 1-up configuration. Gorgeous weather. The SW is about to get nailed with a tremendous heat wave. Wow is about all I can say. Yikes…
Old June 11th, 2022, 09:26 AM

Well, ( in jeep) we now have at least one millennium that can drive a stick
Old June 11th, 2022, 03:56 PM

Well summer has begun. It’s a bit warm out today, but again this is just the beginning.

Went for a dip in the pool, which is beginning to warm up as well.

Old June 11th, 2022, 05:24 PM
Running On Empty

Thought I’d indulge in some goofy humor tonight so I’m heading for a Las Vegas Vacation with the Griswolds.
Old June 12th, 2022, 12:28 AM
GCH

Originally Posted by Fun71
Well summer has begun. It’s a bit warm out today, but again this is just the beginning.

Went for a dip in the pool, which is beginning to warm up as well.

110 F , wow what a heat , we had 34 C in the shadow here 2018 and it was a pain in the sun , luckaly we got ac installed before
the heat wave.
Old June 12th, 2022, 03:29 AM

Blue vista ( aka red goat) was by far the funniest guy ever on co

Also a nice guy. He painted and detailed sandy's engine to help her out with shows
Allan also was a nice guy. Loved curling ( which I never understood)
Old June 12th, 2022, 07:42 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Beautiful and not too hot, yet. Hot I say, after Kenneth's pictures. Kenneth if it's 110 out and the pool is 90, is it still refreshing or like swimming in the bathtub?

A guy who has moved away was back up at the Awful house today so we all had a nice visit. Then came over here to the airport and sat a spell with the guys and then came home. Being Sunday it's time for Walmart. Yay.

Got the oxygen sensor changed out in the dogmobile yesterday. It immediately ran better but it still wasn't good. Took it for a ride and it seemed to clear up but still had a bit of a hesitation. But the more I drove the better it did. Finally when I went to Mom's last night it was running right but the light was still on. I thought I might have to get a reader to get the light to turn off. I took it kind of easy, so it would relearn correctly and not pick up any bad habits. Funny, when I started it up at the airport to come home the light was off. So finally a success.

Okay gotta get things going. Hope everyone has a good Sunday.

Old June 12th, 2022, 08:59 AM

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
Allan also was a nice guy. Loved curling ( which I never understood)
Of all things, there's a curling gym across the road from my work. I knew we had a lot of Canadians as snow birds, but I didn't realize there were enough to support a business like this. The parking lot is full every day when I leave work.
Old June 12th, 2022, 09:03 AM

Kenneth if it's 110 out and the pool is 90, is it still refreshing or like swimming in the bathtub?
90 degree water still feels good, but when the water gets into the mid-upper 90s it definitely starts feeling like a bathtub.

If you can imagine, getting out of the pool into 110+ ambient tempearature and you can get a chill due to the evaporative cooling. But if you stand in the sun that doesn't last long at all. At night I have to wrap in a towel to combat the chill (keep in mind the air temp stays above 100 past midnight).

Last edited by Fun71; June 12th, 2022 at 09:06 AM.
Old June 12th, 2022, 02:16 PM
Running On Empty

Going to watch ‘Dirty Hairy’.
I 1st watched it in 1971 when it was released on the Big Screen - I was 19 y.o.
Old June 12th, 2022, 02:47 PM

Mike, a couple of days ago you mentioned "mandatory" meetings at work. We have them as well, but if we skip out on them, they hunt us down and make sure that we go to the next one scheduled in our plant. They know if we attended because they swipe our badges when we enter the conference room, no badge swipe means you didn't attend. If you missed it due to vacation or whatever, they will schedule you to make it up. We had one person you made a habit of not showing up for these meetings, and after a couple of deliberate misses (they were at wotk), they got a couple of days off with no pay. Speaking of bath water, when I was 13-14 years old iI went with the parents to Mounatin Home Ark. to visit the grandparents. it was too damnhot to sit outside, so my grandmother suggested that we go to the reservoir to swim, crap the water had to be 90°, not the least bit cooling. I'll take chilly Lake Michigan any day. Norm, I haven't seen Dirty Harry in many a moon, a good one to say the least. I see that you spelled it a little differently, are you watching an X rated knock off?
Old June 12th, 2022, 02:54 PM

While I'm at it, I got together with a couple of my freinds last Friday night, one is my Olds buddy, who I see frequently as he is local, but my other buddy went to college and got a job after many years at the University of Wisconsin Milwuakee, and retired about two years ago when the state cut education funding. Norm, you might get along with him, as I believe that he has a biology background. Anyways we talked and reminesced about the **** that we did as teens and got away with (most of the time). it was good catching up with him. he lives with his wife in West Milwaukee, west of the river, and has a place near La Crosse. He says tha he gets over here in May, to put flowers on his parents graves, so we'll try to get together again in the future. From his FB page: Minor Deity at the University of Wisconsin Milwuakee

Studied Biochemistry And Microbiology & Public Health at Michigan State University

Last edited by 1969w3155; June 12th, 2022 at 02:59 PM.
Old June 12th, 2022, 03:45 PM
Running On Empty

Dan - Holy crap. Didn’t even realize I misspelled Harry. That’s funny nice catch.
I’ve known several friends who worked @ UW Madison - one ran the electron microscopy lab, another in Ecology/Environmental Sciences. I applied for PhD candidacy @ UW Madison only to learn they were forced to pick a minority instead of me. I petitioned & lost. Your friend has similar background as me - Biochem/Immunology/Molecular Genetics. Small world as I worked for the NPS in Arkansas & dated a woman from Mountain Home.