The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old April 1st, 2022, 10:36 AM
Running On Empty

Steady 20MPH wind all morning.

44/45

This is why it’s amateur golf.
Old April 1st, 2022, 11:18 AM
Always room for one more

Beautiful here. Work went okay. We finished up before 11 and left at 12. Either the foreman or the GM is screwing with us. No matter what time we finish we have to wait an hour. I think it's time the number stops being made, repeatedly.

Saw my friends at the Awful house. Nice visit. Now back to Mom's and more moving and unpacking. Tiger just follows along.

Old April 1st, 2022, 05:22 PM
Always room for one more

Beat again. Went to my Mom's and moved a bunch of boxes around. Then we went to Olive Garden. I haven't been there in years. It was pretty good. I had put a bunch of stuff in the car to take out last night and didn't do it, so I got it all out when we got home just now. And I'm tired. Got up at 0200 and that was awhile ago.

I've decided what to do about the coyotes. We're going outside with a 9mm.

Dumpster comes tomorrow. Don't know what time, so I'll be there early. Got plenty to do while I wait. I really need to start mowing this weekend.

Gonna relax this evening, maybe watch a movie. Hit the sack early.

Do coyotes jump fences?

Old April 1st, 2022, 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by slantflat
Beat again. Went to my Mom's and moved a bunch of boxes around. Then we went to Olive Garden. I haven't been there in years. It was pretty good. I had put a bunch of stuff in the car to take out last night and didn't do it, so I got it all out when we got home just now. And I'm tired. Got up at 0200 and that was awhile ago.

I've decided what to do about the coyotes. We're going outside with a 9mm.

Dumpster comes tomorrow. Don't know what time, so I'll be there early. Got plenty to do while I wait. I really need to start mowing this weekend.

Gonna relax this evening, maybe watch a movie. Hit the sack early.

Do coyotes jump fences?
If you are using a 9mm they will probably jump a 10mm fence minimum... I would

Old April 1st, 2022, 06:45 PM
Always room for one more

Okay Keith that jumped right over my head.

Hey Koda. I see that your car is in the HO monthly magazine. You got a link or something so we can read about it?

Old April 1st, 2022, 07:48 PM

Good evening guys,

Norm - Tough going with steady 20mph winds, everyday can't be a great one, if it were, you'd be out on the Senior tour!

I went to that 1st big cruise-in of the season this evening from 1430 - 1900. It was not real warm, maybe 55°, but it was pretty out. It was really nice just to get my car out and drive it, about 35-miles each way. I posted pics separately under the General Discussion forum as it's own thread if you'd like to see them. I thought doing it that way more guys would get a chance to see them.

Hope everyone had a great day!

Last edited by Dream67Olds442; April 1st, 2022 at 08:44 PM.
Old April 1st, 2022, 08:30 PM

Do coyotes jump fences?
Yeah, they are nimble. My neighbor told me he saw a 'yote scale his 6 foot backyard block wall effortlessly. If you have a chain link fence that has footholds, it would be even easier.
Old April 2nd, 2022, 09:06 AM

Okay Keith that jumped right over my head.

Hey Koda. I see that your car is in the HO monthly magazine. You got a link or something so we can read about it?
Yes, I do. The H/OCA is run by not many people, and they needed a new editor for the newsletter, Thunder and Lightning, so I'll be picking that up later this summer. I figured, since I am involved with the process now to see how it is done, that I'd put an article in. I wrote the article and provided the pictures; the title and captions aren't mine. I am not sure I can distribute the pdf, so I took two screenshots of the article which hopefully will show up well.

Old April 2nd, 2022, 09:49 AM

John, thanks for sharing. I like your writing style.
Old April 2nd, 2022, 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by Fun71
John, thanks for sharing. I like your writing style.
^^x2 Nice job, beautiful car!
Old April 2nd, 2022, 10:13 AM

Ugh. I think I’m gonna get dragged to a Corvette only car show. The wife is helping a friend get petition signatures and heard about the show. I really don’t wanna be neck deep in Corvettes and their owners.
Old April 2nd, 2022, 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by Fun71
Ugh. I think I’m gonna get dragged to a Corvette only car show. The wife is helping a friend get petition signatures and heard about the show. I really don’t wanna be neck deep in Corvettes and their owners.
Oh, the Horror, the Horror!
Old April 2nd, 2022, 11:01 AM

Nice article John. More snow, gonna be a late spring here it appears.
Old April 2nd, 2022, 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by Dream67Olds442
Oh, the Horror, the Horror!
Well she dragged me there and we couldn’t find any Corvettes. Asked around and was told the show is tomorrow.
Blondes.
Old April 2nd, 2022, 01:06 PM

and now you'll have to go again.
Old April 2nd, 2022, 01:32 PM

That’s what I thought but she has another obligation tomorrow, so I’m off the hook.
Old April 2nd, 2022, 05:09 PM
Always room for one more

Aloha

Koda that was an excellent article, thanks for putting it up. When I lived near Chicago I found that any town I had never heard of was usually down in southern Illinois.

Ah Kenneth, the Corvette people. When I bought my Corvette years ago people asked me if I was going to join the Corvette club. I said hell no. Corvette people are the only ones I know that will buy a brand new Corvette and immediately take it to a show, and whine that they didn't win a trophy.

Got the 20 yard dumpster delivered this morning. I think it will be a little overkill. The overwhelming amount of paper in the house turned out to be not such a big deal once it was flattened out and stacked in the dumpster. We do have an abundance of boxes, but they will be broken down and stacked as well. I have a couple pieces of furniture that will go in, and a few things I can scrounge from this house and the shop, maybe it won't be a huge waste of money.

Nice day today. Didn't get up to 70 like was promised, but the sun was out part of the day and it wasn't real chilly. We really did get a lot of work done and I also mowed a little.

So this morning around 5 Tiger wanted to go out. He again alerted on something in the dark distance, so we went back in. I thought it was kind of late for the coyotes to be out, but it was still dark so who knows. Now I'm obsessed with the coyotes being around and wanting to jump us. Maybe if I light a torch when we go out they'll stay away. Fire works in the movies.

Boy am I tired. I don't mind helping, there isn't anyone else and heck this was my idea. Tiger comes with and he can still play in his back yard and doesn't have to be left alone all day. Hope it isn't too much longer that everything gets put away, then I get to start painting again.

Peace

Old April 2nd, 2022, 06:19 PM

A 10 yard dumpster isn't worth it. 20 goes fast, 30 is good, and 40 is too big for residential.

My old man is not a Corvette guy, but he has owned one for 50 years. I'm trying to get him back driving it after an injury. He has never been in a Corvette club, and the one time he was in a judged show, he took "best unrestored" and the trophy was so damn tall he had to drive home with the top down with it in the other seat.

This was about when he got that trophy some 15 years back, car looks the same today.

Old April 2nd, 2022, 06:48 PM
Always room for one more

Wow that's pretty. 70?

Old April 2nd, 2022, 08:36 PM

Mike, I thought of you this evening when I was walking the dogs as the sun was setting and heard a pack of 'yotes one street over yipping and yapping like they were having a party.
Old April 3rd, 2022, 04:19 AM

I got a big dumpster when we moved, I think a 40 yard. I filled up all the sh*t we had and told my car buddies they could bring over their stuff. They brought stuff over and soon had the door opened and was taking stuff I put in!! Geez... Wife is doing really great! If only we can get the local medical center to play well with U of M. We have to go and get blood drawn here in Harrison and they call Fed Ex and sample is sent to a lab. Then lab does tests and results sent to U of M that same day as soon as possible. This is so anti rejection drugs can be varied. Last 2 tests were unusable. I think we will find out where lab is and if 50 miles or less go there. Ok enough of that--- very frustrating... but the main thing- her recovery is going really well.
Old April 3rd, 2022, 05:19 AM

Originally Posted by Greg Rogers
Ok enough of that--- very frustrating... but the main thing- her recovery is going really well.
Greg - So glad to hear she's doing so well! Good luck getting the testing situation straightened out!
Old April 3rd, 2022, 05:39 AM
Running On Empty

Originally Posted by Greg Rogers
If only we can get the local medical center to play well with U of M. We have to go and get blood drawn here in Harrison and they call Fed Ex and sample is sent to a lab. Then lab does tests and results sent to U of M that same day as soon as possible. This is so anti rejection drugs can be varied. Last 2 tests were unusable. I think we will find out where lab is and if 50 miles or less go there. Ok enough of that--- very frustrating... but the main thing- her recovery is going really well.
Two consecutive unusable tests is unacceptable. Development & production of her immunosuppressive (anti-rejection) drug cocktail is critical. Stay on top of that. Call the surgeon directly if this isn't resolved post haste.
Old April 3rd, 2022, 10:30 AM

Norm, Eddie may have been correct. The I)&(*_(8+*_*_)*(_*_) shovel I bought, stained and painted [from a jeep parts dealer] won't fit. I'm going to have to shorten it and 1 1/2 " A ROYAL PITA. I sjhould have just gotten a cheap one from Ace [and had to do the same thing

But I got some stars painted on today

Old April 3rd, 2022, 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
But I got some stars painted on today
Oh no, are we supposed to call you General Jim now!
Old April 3rd, 2022, 11:17 AM

Chris, Actually even pions that had an M 38 A 1 had stars on the front and real fenders
Old April 3rd, 2022, 11:21 AM
Running On Empty

Jim - Bummer regarding the shovel. I know there is a minimum of one good Army/Navy surplus store in Hotlanta because I e been there (in case you haven’t thought of it by now). There’s a decent sized one in J’Ville, NC but Eddie may have scoured that place already. I’ll keep my eyes open in case something appears.

The star(s) look(s) good.
Old April 3rd, 2022, 11:23 AM
Running On Empty

Yeah, Chris the stars weren’t a symbol of insignia (rank).
Old April 3rd, 2022, 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by Vintage Chief
Yeah, Chris the stars weren’t a symbol of insignia (rank).
Norm/Jim - I actually knew they weren't a symbol of rank, I was just giving Jim a hard time. If it were a symbol of rank, you'd might as well paint a 🎯 on it!
Old April 3rd, 2022, 12:24 PM

I believe we are supposed to hum Hail to the Chief while we read his posts.
Old April 3rd, 2022, 01:05 PM

Thanks Norm but my OCD went into overdrive and I drilled the rivet out sawed off the handle and got it back on. All I need is a little more shaping to be done [ and re sand and paint] Now my brand new shiny shovel looks like it barely survived Frozen Chosin
Old April 3rd, 2022, 05:00 PM
Always room for one more

Aloha

Tons done today. Started out, of course, at the Awful house, then went and helped unpack and sort and put away, then went to the grocery store, then came home and mowed, then went and sorted some more, then went to Awful house, now back home and I think I just wrote about a million dollars in bills to be sent out tomorrow. I think that's enough. No work early tomorrow but it will be for the rest of the week.

Kenneth I'm not the scaredy cat type, but these coyotes have me freaked out. A guy I saw today said a coyote won't jump a human. I said two of them will. A couple of coyotes might stay clear of a person or a dog but any more of them and they won't. Okay I'm done worrying about coyotes. No I'm not.

Jamesbo there's an Army/Navy store in town I could run in if you're looking for something let me know. Jeep looks good.

Greg hope you get those blood tests figured out. Glad your wife is doing well. Hope it continues.

Bedtime. I usually don't sleep good on Sunday night, but I think tonight might be the exception.

Peace

Old April 3rd, 2022, 05:48 PM
Running On Empty

I received notification from the General Manager of the U.S.G.A. Inaugural 2022 U.S. Adaptive Open Championship (contested at Pinehurst Resort & C.C. (Course No. 6), Village of Pinehurst, N.C. July 18-20, 2022) I have been selected to work (volunteer) as a Players Assistant assigned to the Players Assistant Committee. Members of this committee accompany each group (riding) and assist players, raking bunkers, watching shots/searching for *****, etc. Requires special training prior to the event. (Golf experience required)
Old April 3rd, 2022, 08:39 PM

Mike,
Ever since a neighborhood dog walkers yippy pup was mauled by a big dog that broke its leash, I have carried pepper spray while walking the dogs. I have had it in hand and ready on multiple occasions when a ‘yote (or a pack of ‘em) has been sharing the sidewalk with me n the pups. I figure it will discourage an all out assault. Hopefully anyway.
Old April 3rd, 2022, 11:02 PM

Aloha

Tons done today. Started out, of course, at the Awful house, then went and helped unpack and sort and put away, then went to the grocery store, then came home and mowed, then went and sorted some more, then went to Awful house, now back home and I think I just wrote about a million dollars in bills to be sent out tomorrow. I think that's enough. No work early tomorrow but it will be for the rest of the week.

Kenneth I'm not the scaredy cat type, but these coyotes have me freaked out. A guy I saw today said a coyote won't jump a human. I said two of them will. A couple of coyotes might stay clear of a person or a dog but any more of them and they won't. Okay I'm done worrying about coyotes. No I'm not.

Jamesbo there's an Army/Navy store in town I could run in if you're looking for something let me know. Jeep looks good.

Greg hope you get those blood tests figured out. Glad your wife is doing well. Hope it continues.

Bedtime. I usually don't sleep good on Sunday night, but I think tonight might be the exception.

Peace
Mike, the Corvette is a 71.

Many years ago, my old man and I were walking after the morning deer hunt and were confronted by a pack of stray, feral dogs that were in a bad way. Couldn't tell whether they wanted to bite due to aggression or hunger, and a couple looked rabid and all looked emaciated. I'm here to tell you a 30-06 will absolutely ruin a dog the size of a Labrador, so a typical 9mm pistol would certainly dissuade any coyote from bothering you (plus, you want them to run off, not be dead right there.) Plus, a rifle lets the zip code know you corked something off, a smallbore pistol is much quieter. I would not step down to a .22, unless it were a magnum.
Old April 4th, 2022, 03:07 AM

About once a year for the past several years, I've rented a 40 yard construction dumpster and filled it up in a day or two. I still can see that anything is gone

Norm Congratulations Just don't get the job of sorting players range *****. Being a recovering Presbyterian I never volunteer for anything

Mike, Tanks for the offer but I don't need anything
Old April 4th, 2022, 05:46 AM

Originally Posted by Vintage Chief
I received notification from the General Manager of the U.S.G.A. Inaugural 2022 U.S. Adaptive Open Championship (contested at Pinehurst Resort & C.C. (Course No. 6), Village of Pinehurst, N.C. July 18-20, 2022) I have been selected to work (volunteer) as a Players Assistant assigned to the Players Assistant Committee. Members of this committee accompany each group (riding) and assist players, raking bunkers, watching shots/searching for *****, etc. Requires special training prior to the event. (Golf experience required)
Norm - You must be building a good reputation with U.S.G.A., from the description it sounds like you are getting jobs with more responsibility each time. Congratulations!
Old April 4th, 2022, 12:41 PM
Running On Empty

44/41 Conditions were modestly poopy. Another day of constant wind and started out chilly. My excuse & I’m sticking to it.
Old April 4th, 2022, 02:19 PM
Running On Empty

Keith Glenn - Very challenging times for you & your Eastern neighbors across the channel. All the best.

EDIT: I meant to say Glenn - thanks for catching my mistake Keith.

Last edited by Vintage Chief; April 4th, 2022 at 03:10 PM.
Old April 4th, 2022, 04:25 PM

Well, I got the )&^)_&)_)( shovel shortened and stained. Now I'll have to repaint the metal parts and hang it under the hood. This thing is gonna 50 buck me to death with nit $hit small expensive parts, but I'm still having fun

John, That car is a beauty. FWIW it nice for a guy [read slob] like me to have a car that I'll never wax, looks ok dirty, will never have matching anything and ya just occasionally hose it down [inside and out]