The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old March 30th, 2016, 11:02 AM

Thanks about all congrats. Frame-number is now stamped too, with triple 7 when there should be it only once Lets see what inspector likes about it. Ill take tools with me when i go if he wants me to re-stamp it tho.

Jamesbo- Yes i do know Fusicks nowadays. When i first looked for Olds-parts, i found myself from PartsPlace, and so far have found everything i need from there, plus had good customer-service + fast shipping, so i havent bothered to change if i know i get good service from there.

slantflat- Okay i totally misunderstood your situation. We have dogs also on neighbour, but as i noticed in this week, they fear my car, when i start it they suddenly all stop barking and run to backyard But to be fair, theyre nice owners and have teached their dogs well, no annoying barking about things moving on their sight, just when they play together or some bark now and then.

Bee-Oh-Pee- No need to be sorry, so far ive understood everything. And you have to bear with my spelling also We have here in Finland also " many languages under language" ( no idea what the word for that is), people living in different areas speaking it differently. It adds alot to language in my opinion.
Old March 30th, 2016, 07:09 PM
"Car"mudgeon

Howdy All

Been beautiful weather here. Looks like we are in for a shower or two tomorrow & Friday

Beautiful 442 Inline

Whelpt the Hoodlum let me down the other day. Too cold of plugs, they all dry fouled and wouldn't start. Had to call the better half to tow me in. Hopefully all the spittin', sputterin' and backfiring didn't damage the power valve in the Holley or worse

Jamesbo my bro-in-law is a plumber an he swears by the new fangled one valve setups as opposed to two or even three in the shower applications. The main thing he says is to get a good one and make sure it is all brass. I'd stay away from the lowe and the casa depot versions and try to find a Fergusons near you.

Gotta go y'all have a wonderful one
Old March 30th, 2016, 08:59 PM
GM Enthusiast

Evening everyone, got home from work about an hour ago. Figured I'd say hello before going to bed.

Had a dinner meeting that went well, that was until the waitress spilled a full iced tea right on my crotch. Had to drive home with wet pants and underwear. At least I didn't have to be worried about getting tired on my 30 mile drive.

Catch up with you all tomorrow, have a good night all.
Old March 31st, 2016, 03:46 AM
Captain Starfire

Looks like I got da' bird -- I mean worm -- dis mawnin'.

Wind blowin' like the dickens all nite long does nuttin' to promote sleep. Figgered I might as well get up and do something rather than just lie in bed wide awake. Now they're sayin' that the heaviest weather won't arrive until around midnight tonight; so I guess we'll stay tuned. Spose to be a relatively wet one today; but not a spit so far.

Inline, in English it's called a "dialect." We all know what you mean. . Your English is a lot better than my Finnish~! You do great.

Darrell, sounds bracing! Some ladies have a strange way of flirting.

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
Dang, My invitation got lost in de mail a-gain
Jamesbo, the invitation was returned to sender with "Addressee Not Interested" stamped on it. Weird! I figger when you want to get together, you'll rattle our cages. Lookin' forward to that occasion.

Mike, thanks for the visit! You need to wash that beautiful yellow 'Stang. Hope you didn't eat the whole "Care" package on the way home. Mike & I took a ride to a place called Tank Town USA near Blue Ridge (Morganton). It was closed at the time, so we just did a little sight-seeing. Hopefully Mike can say a few words about the military vehicles, which were mostly old and non-running WWII vintage. But it was interesting. Lots of crushed cars.

Clint, you up yet? I take it you're not coming to the Jazz Fest this year. I'd love to go and camp out at the Steely Dan stage all day long to catch them, but it just ain't worth it for me.

Whelpt, y'all have a dry one, Oldsmobuds.

Last edited by Bee-Oh-Pee; March 31st, 2016 at 04:18 AM.
Old March 31st, 2016, 05:17 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

John, Ya I'm up. Nope, won't make it to NOLA this year. We are spose to go celebrate my buddies wifes 40th in November down in the Keys.

A skiff of snow last night. spose to get a bit more today.

Have a Thursday.
Old March 31st, 2016, 05:56 AM

Like John said, Spose to get wet and nasty later in de day

Originally Posted by Inline
Bee-Oh-Pee- No need to be sorry, so far ive understood everything.
Now you're scaring me. John is right We'd call it dialect. BTW John talks kinda like Justin Wilson. Don't know Justin? Well ere he is

Have a great day Olds friends
Old March 31st, 2016, 08:17 AM

Morning. Rain and thunder here, the Direct TV has been off more than on, "searching for signal". Jamesbo, didn't he have a Cajun cooking show about 20 years ago? One of the first that I recall on cable, later a potato chip commercial it seems.
Old March 31st, 2016, 08:56 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone, for a few more minutes anyway.

Lazy day today. Got home around 11 last night then stayed up for hours looking at craigslist. The dogs didn't want to get up early and neither did I. Just now got going. It's overcast and quiet.

No wind for us last night, though we have a slight breeze now. The rain keeps getting pushed back, but I don't think that will be forever.

Had a great time with John and Better Half yesterday. Always the gracious hosts. Tank Town was interesting. A couple of barely recognizable WWII era trucks that were quietly rusting into the ground, several Korean-era Jeeps that had seen better days, and a few M35 type vehicles, one of which was the rare M36, which is an M35 with a 16ft. bed on it. That is a rather large truck. The point of Tank Town was you pay money to drive tanks over cars. Sounds like fun. Don't know what the tanks were, except they weren't Shermans.

Not much else. Gonna take in the junkyard today then get ready to have dinner with a young lady. Thought maybe she forgot about me, but lo and behold had a message when I got home last night.

Looks like the sun is coming out. Better to see the gems at the junkyard. Have a good day everyone.
Old March 31st, 2016, 09:31 AM

Good evening.
Damn that Carlisle sounds something id like to participate. Too sad its on another side of the world.

And good Morning for slantflat. That Tank Town for sure sounds interesting. Bet you had a whole lot of fun there. Hope you have good weather today if youre heading to junkyard.

Bee-Oh-Pee- Not sure is it good or bad if i speak better english as you do speak finnish, since i assume they dont teach finnish language at your schools? They teached english for 9 years for me. So i think i should speak it even barely, or otherwise those were lost years at school. Tax-payers would also be mad

OLD_SKL_69- Sounds like you had your share of fun Did you get that dinner for free after that accident?
Old March 31st, 2016, 01:36 PM
Captain Starfire

Inline, you do great -- seriously. I had 3 yrs. of Spanish and can barely say "si" y "no." I actually enjoy your posts. You'll be an English teacher before you know it over there.... One day, lay your real name on us.

BTW, Jamesbo knows it, but I don't talk nuttin' like Justin Wilson, the world's first televised fake Cajun. I'm growed up in da' heart of New Orleans and am a certified "Yat," called that b/c my kinda' folks always say, "Where y'at?" (Grammatically correct translation: "Where are you?") (My paternal grandparents were real Cajuns, but the Cajun accent wasn't passed on to my Dad -- who was also born in N.O.) Dad & Mom were both Yats, so I didn't have a prayer.

Mike was shy about getting his pitcha' taken, so I got one of just a coupley of the vehicles.

Chat later, friends.

Tank Town USA Vehicles

Last edited by Bee-Oh-Pee; March 31st, 2016 at 01:40 PM.
Old April 1st, 2016, 12:05 AM

Good Morning.

Well, its official now- the inspection was 30 min ago approved!
Now, when customs decide how much they want to tax my car ( for car this old, its going to be around ~250$ ) and ill pay that bill to government, i get my licence plates.
Wohoo.

Okay. Its weekend next. Our work wont start yet on next week as i assumed, think i have one more week to sit at home. Thankfully i have alot to do with my car.

Tho id like also get to work so i can fund my garage Project, so i can store my car next winter to my yard instead of 60 miles away.

We got very questionable award too. Finland was chosen among Eu-countries " Nanny state of the year".

Last edited by Inline; April 1st, 2016 at 12:07 AM.
Old April 1st, 2016, 04:40 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

John, Are those both Mikes? I thought he only had one of those?

Inline, that sounds like an award I'd keep under wraps. congrats on the inspection.

Happy Friday all.
Old April 1st, 2016, 05:40 AM

Mawn'in all

Elsie came and went

John, Dat's what my ole girl friend dat went to Charity nursing school in NOLA used to call y'all. [Yats] I always thought it was kinda derogatory? No?

Faucet saga chapter 5 Casa de pot has only hot side not cold cartridges. being The brilliant plumber I am, After careful examination both [look de same, ] so I buy 2. Get home and figger out [ya can't tell in de packages] they turn in opposite directions so I have successfully fixed one side of the frigg'in leaky faucet

Scot, I've got a Ferguson Supply near me. I have a Chinese shower wand holder dat went TU. Take the parts in, They take pic an say they'll talk to de rep. 2 months go buy, Repeat the process. I'm seriously considering duct tape.

I may give up plumbing and jes stick to grow'in tomatoes and play'in lousy golf.

Clint, Ya think we oughta test Inline 'bout how many cars/trucks Mike has?
Old April 1st, 2016, 10:24 AM
Captain Starfire

Afta'noon, all... the weather turned out to be a tempest in a pot of tea when it finally arrived during the night. I actually slept thru it -- there's a first time for everything.

Clint, those are Tank Town vehicles; don't go puttin' no ideas in Mike's head.

Jamesbo, the word "somewhat" is applicable... You could say "Yats" it in a derogatory fashion; but among Yats that know they're Yats, it's a badge of honor. It's similar to the phrase you never hear any more that refers to Cajuns: "Coonasses." There was nothing wrong with that phrase or word until others poked their noses in it and were offended by something they knew absolutely nothing about. So you don't hear it any more, except from old Cajuns. My Dad loved it. It was fodder for countless "Coonass" jokes when I was a kid. I probably mentioned this before, but the Air National Guard's premier F-15 Unit, the 159th Fighter Wing, consisting of Eagles (and formerly Warthogs as well) stationed at Alvin Calendar Field in Belle Chasse, LA, were called the Coonass Militia (with great pride, I might add) until political correctness reared its horrid head in the early '90s. It's only 15 or so mi. from N.O., so we used to go to the air show there every fall for many yrs. But I digress.

Whelpt, just got an estimate from a tree trimming service to clean up our view of the hills and they can't make it here until late May. I guess business is good! We'll just wait 'til then, and at least that way, we're on their schedule and it'll get done. It's been needing to be done for at least a year, so two more months ain't gonna' kill us.

Congrats, Inline. Have fun during your last week of freedom and play.

And Mike, have a great "Monday" at the salt mine. Your schedule sure sounds more palatable and humane than the previous one.

Y'all have a great one, Olds-buds.

Last edited by Bee-Oh-Pee; April 1st, 2016 at 10:33 AM.
Old April 1st, 2016, 04:02 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

And another week starteth. Thanks John, I'm going to do my best.

Started getting thunder around midnight, then some rain and then thunder and lightning. Just when I wanted to go to bed. So, needless to say the dogs were crazed, and I ended up sleeping on the couch. Come daylight, all was gone and I went to bed, and slept until after 1.

Funny, the first time I went looking for an M35, I saw an M36 in Minnesota for a good price. I briefly considered driving it down to Georgia. Glad I didn't. As it was when I bought my M35 in Alabama it took me 6 hours to get home. It would have been a 3 hour trip by car.

Inline perhaps that means you are very nurturing. Glad the car isn't going to be held up by bureaucrats.

Okay time to hit it. Hope everyone has a good weekend.
Old April 1st, 2016, 06:18 PM
"Car"mudgeon

Good Evening, Mernin' Crew

Almost got hammered 1st thing this morn by a twister that decided to come a calling. Luckily it meandered North around us by about 10 miles. But, unluckily my wife was at work and this was the new path it was now heading

This video was shot at the flight line @ Wonderful Robins Air Force Base. Supposedly just before the worst hit.

video of the strong winds battering Robins.

Thankfully my wife works in a very fortified building and it was unscathed. Not so much for a few awnings and roofs. The sign for the base restaurant is AWOL

I'm beat. Been wet cold and worried all day We shall try and catch up on the flip side Have a safe and enjoyable weekend
Old April 1st, 2016, 06:48 PM
GM Enthusiast

Evening everyone. Busy work day today but kicking back and relaxing now. We're watching Smokey and the Bandit. I figured I'd introduce the kids to the classics.

Speaking of which, has anyone seen what the late 70's Trans Ams were going for at the auctions now? Nice cars but unbelievable what the prices are.

Made more progress on the bathroom, which was a good thing since the washer and dryer were out of commission for almost a week. Everyone was complaining at me since the dirty laundry pile was getting pretty high. Wife was out of clothes to wear, I told her I didn't see a problem with that.

Inline - glad to hear the car passed inspection, congrats!

John/Inline - Well, my dinner was free, but then again I wasn't paying for it, the company was. Glad it only happened to me and not one of my customers. Don't think she was trying to get my attention, she was just bad at service. Even messed up my doggie bag.

Mike - where's the pic of the new VW?

Jamesbo - sorry to hear that the faucet is that much trouble. Bet a new one is looking pretty good at this point.

Have a good night all.
Old April 1st, 2016, 10:40 PM

Good Morning everyone.

Heres no sign of bad weather, promised +8c and sun from the clear sky, nothing to complain. Sad to hear you guys dont have as good luck :/
I cant even remember when is last time ive seen lightning storm.

I think i pretty much get all done to my car which is intented to do before driving season really start. God, no. Just remembered when i wrote that. Yesterday i run out of glue, it costs fuc*ing arm and leg per tube. And shop who sells it was already closed yesterday when i run out of it, and it re-opens on monday. Trunk-seal still awaiting assembling. And glue.. Also need to lube speedometer cable, the needle is jumping currently. Also i believe my steering column aint straight, need to check it too, but everything suggests ( frame, body panels etc) that it havent been crashed, so i wonder what causes it. Or then im just imagining it.

Also, yesterday i found buildsheet behind pass.side upper doorskin at really good condition, see yourself:

Im just a bit confused, now i have total of 3 buildsheets, all look the same Is it normal that during production there was as many of those? Others are partly rotten, so its good i found that.

So did i understand right, is Mike collecting old military trucks, or..
Old April 1st, 2016, 11:52 PM

Inline, that's an important document to have, so tuck it away someplace safe. Mike has just one military truck (that we know of), but is a purveyor of automobiles.
Old April 2nd, 2016, 06:25 AM

Mawn'in all

Cool but a blue bird day

Scot, Yikes. Glad everyone is OK

John, If the wind doesn't lay down your gonna need to borrow my chain saw but it should save on tree trimming

Inline, Put that in a safe place [and don't forget where the safe place is

Enjoy the weekend Olds friends
Old April 2nd, 2016, 06:40 AM

I have whole map of documents from my Olds. Original sale -brochures, old car tests, even some tire bills, and now 3 buildsheets + other stuff i dont even remember.

Oh, and "Oldsmobile" labeled 8-track casette with various artist. Is this rare? Sadly i dont have 8-track player on car anymore ( it was removed before i got my hands to car, someone had probably removed it just to build big rack to hold 3" RPM-gauge, ,grrrrrr- its currently on trashbin ) so i cant test does it work.

I have a small question too.
Shouldnt the inner cable from speedo come out just By pulling the cable from speedometer side? For so long they have worked like this.
I tried to pull it that way but it didnt come, so i oiled it by shedding oil via outer cable and let it run down from there, since i had to do something since the speedo cable was jumping my speedo-needle and kept bad noise. Atleast its quiet now, even it kept jumping my needle a bit. Need to change whole outer+inner cable assembly somewhere on summer.

Last edited by Inline; April 2nd, 2016 at 06:44 AM.
Old April 2nd, 2016, 05:08 PM
Always room for one more

Greetings from Big D. Got caught up doing stuff at home then was late leaving. That's okay. We don't get our stuff at work until like thirty minutes after starting time.

Inline sounds like you have a good bit of info for your car. I love stuff like that. Gives the car promenance.

Scot that's scary. Glad everyone is okay. I want to build a tornado room in my house. The real bad storms seem to always skirt my area, but we won't be that lucky forever.

Darrell I didn't get to work on the VW last weekend, maybe I can do something next week. I have been reading the original owners manual that was in the glovebox. Love those factory pictures and the matter-of-fact way the VW writers describe things.

Dan actually I have two military trucks. Used to have another but I sold it. Wish I had the money to get the one going. It needs everything. Imagine trying to find parts that are 70+ years old.

Okay time for work, have a good night everyone.
Old April 3rd, 2016, 04:14 AM
Captain Starfire

Kwik mernin' from da' hills. Up an hour earlier 'cause the antique alarm clock I have decided to jump ahead an hour during the night 'cause that's when DST used to start... . I should throw it Lake Chatuge, but it's a great clock OTHER THAN THAT.

Scot, glad no casualties for you guys. Mighty spooky. Jamesbo, your plumbing skills are similar to mine. We have a plumbing company up here that is actually a delight to work with, so it's a pretty low threshold for me to give 'em a call. I spent days trying to get our icemaker to stop leaking last year. He had a beautiful braided steel line on it tight as a drum in about 15 minutes.

This week, we also found a (seemingly) great tree guy to give us an estimate. We want to give the trees around us a haircut to reclaim our views of the hills. Prices are as reasonable as you could get from somebody who carries insurance; the down-side is that he won't be able to do the work until May. But we're patient, and it might be perfect timing for us to be back.

Inline, you're one of the truly fortunate to have documentation like that. Build sheets are a great thing. I had two from my previous Buick, and neither one was complete. You're in rarefied air when you start talking about 3.

Glorious couple of days here in the hills. 40* this morning, and working its way up to 60s. Finished my little lattice project yesterday and now it's time to move on to something else. No shortage of items on the list, of course.

Had a Heavenly Bake Shop half of blueberry muffin and a huge Italian-roast mug o'java to help me survive 'til "real" breakfast at around 10.

Whelpt, let me get crackin'. Y'all have a great day o'rest, Olds-pals.

Last edited by Bee-Oh-Pee; April 3rd, 2016 at 04:17 AM.
Old April 3rd, 2016, 04:59 AM

Good day everyone. Lazy day, im not going to do anything.. Been on the edge of raining or not whole day.
Saw mk1 Mustang parked next to me when i went to promise my lady to drive her shopping on my weak moment. Really nice looking, blue as a sky. And god it looked so small

When are you going to post pics of your VW to us, Mike? Were waiting.
Tornados dont sound nor look any fun. Big tornados on you hit our newslines here.
What actually is tornado room? What ive seen from pictures, houses on USA seem to be built way poorly than here ( sorry for that).

Out of interest, whats the pricerange on normal own house on USA? Lets compare it to normal workers payment. To make it really simplified, since theres so many variables, whats the usual loan time to pay house for normal worker there? Here its approx. 20 years of loantime to get it all payed.

Lets hope the treeguy gets there earlier, more summer left to look for views.
Lol, about trees.. We have almost same thing here, we want to down few trees.
We should pay for our town $160 fee for just an piece of paper where we ask do they allow us to down those trees... Thing is, those trees are just mysteriously going down- im not paying for town to ask may i down trees on my own yard for gods sake.
Old April 3rd, 2016, 07:05 AM

Mawn'in all

Chili but clear.

Inline, I'm afraid dat's impossible to answer It depends where you are and it varies all over de place even in one state,

Ever see de moive "Places in the Heart" People in the country "used" to have storm shelters built into de dirt. Nowadays, they jes listen fer de siren and head fer de bathtub or basement. Unless of course ya live in a mobile home. In that case ya bend over and kiss your a$$ goodbye

Old April 3rd, 2016, 10:11 AM
GM Enthusiast

Hi everyone. Happy Sunday. Spent most of yesterday working on the bathroom again and finished all the woodcutting. When I finished last night at 10, it was 54 and overcast. By the time I woke up this morning, it was 33, with heavy snow and 50-60 mile an hour wind gusts. Unbelievable. Crazy weather, 70 on Christmas eve and this cold on Apr 3rd.

Next up for me today is to finish painting and hook up the vanity.

Talk to y'all later.
Old April 3rd, 2016, 04:04 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Glorious out today. On the cool side, and it's going to be down right nippy tonight. That's okay. No rain for a while.

Not sure this is going to work, but here is the Volkswagen. I'm not sure it will remain light blue, but the car is so original and in such good shape I'm not sure I want to alter it much. Maybe some stripes.
https://mail2.charter.net/index.php/...0325061731.jpg

Inline, tornado rooms are popular in the Midwest because the storms are so prevalent. They are indeed best underground, though you can build a fortified room in your house, garage, or basement that will do the trick. You can also buy a ready-made "box" that bolts to the floor, and will withstand a certain amount of wind, penetration, moisture.

John I'll bring my chain saw. You'll be able to grow corn in no time.

Jamesbo how's the faucet?

So yesterday I was sending my message, saying that we don't get our work until long after starting time, and wouldn't you know it here comes the lead. Well, I didn't get to proof-read what I had written, like I normally do, and later saw that I had said Inline's paperwork gave his car prominence. I actually meant to say provenance, but decided not to change it because at a show if that stuff is displayed with the car, it does indeed make it more prominent. Okay that's a stretch but you get my meaning.

Well time to head out to night #3. Hope the week starts out good for everyone.
Old April 3rd, 2016, 05:58 PM
GM Enthusiast

Evening everyone. Didn't work on the bathroom today, instead we went to go visit the dogs this afternoon (the place where our dog Wallace spent the last few months of his life) and played with all of them. There are still 9 of them there. We always try to bring them treats and toys. I think my kids are the only ones they see so they love it when they run them around the yard.

Supposed to be cold this week, we got a coating of snow this morning and we're expecting more this night.

Mike - I tried to open the link and it wants a password.
Old April 3rd, 2016, 06:43 PM

Same here, wants a Charter password.
Old April 3rd, 2016, 11:08 PM

Good Morning.

Drinking coffee currently. And eating breakfast. I was " very hard-working"..lol... and went to buy more glue straight away when the shop opened up. Yes, i did get all of the door-seals changed, but run out of glue when started to change trunk-seal. Going to install that trunk-seal, and give it a good wash+wax today, + hoovering interior. Then its ready to take the summer. First local Cruise is next saturday.
Rumours say i get new paver this year, or our team, how you take it, but anyways. Very exited for new toy. Should be CAT.

Jamesbo - Thanks for that, i knew those shelters dug in ground, but slantflat explained what i wanted to know. Sounds interesting, fortified room just to bolt in.

slantflat- í couldnt either saw pics. Your doing nightshifts? I loved them when i did them for a while on few winters back when in vacation from my main-job. Drived truck, "B-train".

Tho now i get both, sometimes day+night+morning shift at same turn

Last edited by Inline; April 3rd, 2016 at 11:12 PM.
Old April 4th, 2016, 05:15 AM
CQR

Mornin all. Worked with the chainsaw and the chipper all day yesterday. sore today.

Hope the weather mellows out for all you easterners.

Inline, we aren't sure, but Jamesbo and I are guessing Mike may have upwards of 73 different vehicles give or take 50 or 60.

Have a Monday.
Old April 4th, 2016, 07:18 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Quick G'Mernin' All

Cooler but beautimus day 'ere.

Got the garden planted after rebuilding my tiller's carb. Someone left gas in it for a few years

Jamesbo, there is a guy down the road that has one of those stiom shelter/fall out shelter dug in a hill in his front yard that also doubles as a hay field. An oldtimer told me it was dug right after the Korean war with all of that cold war scare. I guess we were scared Cuba would blast us with Soviet missiles Anywho his looks exactly like that picture.

Inline that my friend is one of the best pieces of documentation that you can have when it comes to a car.

Whelp it's back to weedin and waterin

Enjoy your Monday whilst I enjoy my Sunday
Old April 4th, 2016, 08:29 AM

Basements are the way to go in my area for storm threats, though a neighbor of my parents had an inground cement block shelter in his backyard with steel doors, I think that it was built in the late fifties due to the Red Scare, it always had 2-4" of water in it.
Old April 4th, 2016, 04:03 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Sorry about the picture needing a password. That's thanks to Windows 10, which sucks. Some time ago I had to forward pictures in an email to someone so they could post them up, but I forgot who. Did I mention Windows 10 sucks?

Beautiful day here. Yes Inline I've worked the night shift for the best part of 22 years. Not a bad gig, sometimes I wish I could go to dayshift but other times I'm glad I'm not there. I know it wouldn't work very well for my dogs.

Scot it's your Sunday on a Monday? It's my Friday. Tuesday is my Saturday. I love going through all this with my Mom she gets thoroughly confused.

Clint I'd say you're close, maybe. I heard once that Merv Griffin had a garage with parking for 75 cars. I'm assuming that was at his house. Didn't know ol' Mervin was a car dude. He isn't now.

Okay off to work. Gotta stop by the post office to mail some reminders. In these busy days people can't remember to pay their Amphicar club dues so I have to send them a reminder. If I didn't, there'd be about 5 people in the club.

Have a good night everyone.
Old April 4th, 2016, 05:24 PM
Captain Starfire

Howdy, all.... been just plain beautiful weather in da' hills... Went for a little hike right around the house today; it's really one of the toughest routes, since the first half is pretty much steady climbing. I take it slow and it's about a half hour each way. We were rewarded with views such as the attached one, which won't last long, since the trees are really starting to sprout their leaves now.

Better half bringin' up the rear. ;-)

A hike with a view

Darrell, hope y'all didn't get slammed too hard. I think even the seasoned residents of the NE are getting a little sick & tired of the white stuff...

Whelpt, y'all have a great one, Olds-buds.
Old April 4th, 2016, 06:17 PM
GM Enthusiast

Evening everyone. Not much going on here today other than work.

John - just got some snow/rain today, no big deal but its going to stay cold for the next week. Yes I think we've all had enough of this weather. Nice views from your hike.

Night all.
Old April 4th, 2016, 10:37 PM

Good Morning everyone. Not much to do today. Well, my new steering wheel arrives. I hate the original passionately, its thick as my littlefinger and worn-out.
I could also burn some papertrash and wet wood on yard.

slantflat- Okay. Do the pay you extra from nightshifts? Just out of interest, here they pay extra from nightshifts, amount depends about where you work at. I personally get 4,66$ extra from every hour ive worked between 23-05.
You have way too many cars. You have to spread your wealthness and send some of them to us

Bee-Oh-Pee - Wow. You have incredible views, im jealous. Would be wonderful to live there. We also live on the hill, maybe 20 feet tall
Old April 5th, 2016, 05:01 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

57F at 4 a.m. I'll take it. got a 56 210 in the shop. we are doing a motor swap with FI. should be fun.

Hope it warms up for you Darrell.

John, lovely pics.

Have a Tuesday all.
Old April 5th, 2016, 05:23 AM

Mawn'in all

Nice blue bird day but rain com'in in tomorrow or tonite

John, Beautimus. Is that look'in norte?

Mike/Scot, sum'in flug a crav'in on me fer a front end loader for my Massey Ferguson 135. If ya see one in your travels dat would fit, Please let me know.

Inline, Mike has more cars dan Carter's got little liver pills. But he's not married so he doesn't have "suggestions" coming from the right and left

GTG hill up my taters

Have a GREAT day Olds friends
Old April 5th, 2016, 06:07 AM

Im here again, disturbing you. Just so bored at the verge of work starting, after being soon 3,5 months on vacation, it gets boring.. Trust me.

Anyways, i got my steering wheel on mail today ( Grant Classic Nostalgia). Great- i have atleast something to do.
It was supposed to be bolt-on. Should read pray-on.. I bought this because i got it at so great price, ( retail here 309$ for steering wheel+assembly set+oldsmobile horn button) i payed 250$ for it ( so if i someday get really tired to it, or get original sport steeling wheel at great price, i think ill pretty much get back what i payed for it after selling it). Ive been lusting the original sport steering wheel, but in the day its on my hands here in Finland, its a tad over 500$ and im not sure if steering wheel is worth that... And sadly noone ive contacted whos been selling used ones havent wanted to ship in Finland...
Also my original steering wheel was really worn, and i really hated how slim the "circle" was to hands.

I spend my time assembling it, spend time for things like using original horn-wire and not hacking anything. Made my own "special" tool for taking old steering wheel off and so on. Nothing interesting, you see.

But here it is:

Theres a mat on dashboard since its badly cracked, but i have 100% uncracked and correct colour dashboard on storage, will change it next winter. But im still going to keep that mat, its nice looking imo and it also keeps sunglasses nicely on spot if you take them of your head for a while.

About the steering wheel itself: It feels 100% better at hand due to being more fat from "circle", and wood also feels nice at hand. Its a bit " you get what you pay for", those halves aint bolted together, instead they are riveted. I may some day drill those rivets off and change them to bolts, and theres few sharp corners on wood, needs a bit sanding. And need to paint that black ringy-thingy brown. Some day. But all in all, ill give it 9+.

Last edited by Inline; April 5th, 2016 at 10:13 AM.