The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old February 4th, 2020, 03:20 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Something new. In the middle of surfing CO day before yesterday I suddenly get this message, Bad Request. It seems my computer sent a message that the server here couldn't understand. Sometimes I could get to the first page, but clicking anything gave me the message. Works fine at work. This is fairly irritating.

Beautiful day yesterday. Had a procedure at the skin doctor so now with stitches in my back I can't do anything. It's uncomfortable doing nothing, I didn't want to rip anything out. Nice today but cloudy, then rain comes back. I suppose it could rain for three weeks, I can't do anything.

And now work. Short week for me, I felt like I was playing hooky yesterday. Hope everyone has a good day.

Old February 4th, 2020, 03:51 AM
Running On Empty

Originally Posted by slantflat
Good morning everyone.

Something new. In the middle of surfing CO day before yesterday I suddenly get this message, Bad Request. It seems my computer sent a message that the server here couldn't understand. Sometimes I could get to the first page, but clicking anything gave me the message. Works fine at work. This is fairly irritating.
Mike - More than likely you received a BAD REQUEST statement because the CO website server was unavailable to handle (negotiate) a request for information. This often occurs for two reasons: (1) The request (e.g. you were trying to negotiate a CO thread, post, page, image, etc.) timed out; or (2) the page, post, thread, image, etc. was unavailable (at the time you made the request). Generally, these types of issues result from back-end backup software running at the same time you made the request. Depending on the type of backup software Internet Brands uses on the CO site, the front-end of the CO website will be in a "holding" pattern during the particular backup routine. That is to say, pages, threads, posts, images, etc. which are normally presented to CO users are held in a "static" state - meaning the information is not available until the backup routine finishes its backup. Usually, the page will not even render (present) itself correctly - you'll instead see a page which looks rather garbled because your browser can't negotiate the HTML formatting of the CO website page. This is normal for the most part. It generally occurs during specific times of the day when backup software runs on any website. Again though, this depends on the type of backup software a company uses. What more specifically occurs when any user to any site gets this statement is the backup software LOCKS the back-end DATABASE servers. During this period of time data is unavailable until the backup routine finishes. Banks, lending institutions, etc. maintain extraordinarily expensive software to maintain websites during backup processes so data does not become locked (static) during any period of the day. They maintain two or many virtual websites of the original website. These websites have & maintain numerous virtual real-time copies of the original website front-end and numerous virtual real-time copies of the website database servers so that the front-end of the website and the back-end of the website are always available in real time - the backup software locks one set of database servers for the backup routine while still maintaining another set of database servers to handle user requests. The same is true of the front-end servers which host the front-end of the website so the site is always available, as well. This is very expensive software and very expensive to maintain.

In general, a free forum is not going to spend the extraordinarily expensive software and network programming to maintain this type of software. I believe CO is hosted on GoDaddy - as opposed to an in-house set of servers. That isn't to say GoDaddy is inferior. Many website hosting companies offer various tiers of service. This absolute top-of-the-line service would provide the absolute best backup software and the cost is always extreme to maintain this type of 24x7x365 presence.

IMO, you caught the CO website during a backup routine when the CO website was locked during a backup routine. It generally runs during specific times of the day - generally. Sometimes it takes much longer depending on the amount of data which needs to be backed up, as well. So, these routines can take longer than necessary sometimes and there again, sometimes these very complicated routines can fail themselves. IMO, no big deal.
Old February 4th, 2020, 04:06 AM
Running On Empty

Mike - I did not go into the second most common type of BAD REQUEST statement because I'd need more information (the specific statement itself spelled exactly as it was presented when the BAD REQUEST occurred). The second most common type of BAD REQUEST is the time out. Every request for information has a built-in TTL (Time To Live). This is negotiated from your Browser to the website. If there is a delay and the TTL has expired (for any reason) you can get a BAD REQUEST statement. This can occur if any intermediary site between your location and the end location (the website itself) has caused a delay. Data generally does not flow from your location to the website directly. There are many (at least several) other routine hops along the way in which requests need to be routed along the way. If any one of these normal Internet servers are experiencing an issue which might cause a delay in the TTL package of the data stream, it can cause a BAD REQUEST e.g. say a Verizon server, an AT&T server, a ROOT server, an ISP server, etc. is experiencing delays. If this occurs with significant frequency, then a more difficult issue ensues and becomes more difficult to resolve from an end-user perspective.
Old February 4th, 2020, 04:55 AM

Mike, X 2 on WTF Norm said,

Glad ya got it figgered out

Well, the lake is rising and my trac hoe bud is still in the weeds, Things aren't looking good. The debate [internal] is whether to get ready and take all the material to the site and hope for a mad rush last minute thing or say Phuque it until next year

Norm, Sorry about you game but you back nine was good. I had 2 'blow up " holes yesterday but that's kinda normal

I know I'm getting old cause "The Big Chill" was on the "Classic movie channel"

Have a great day Olds friends
Old February 4th, 2020, 08:59 AM
Running On Empty

45/40 This new game changing swing isn’t changing anything - yet. I’m getting much further distance and compressing the ball better but I’m not consistent - yet. This is going to take some time to find my comfort zone.
Old February 4th, 2020, 09:29 AM

Norm, May be jes the angle of the dangle
Old February 4th, 2020, 10:58 AM
Running On Empty

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
Norm, May be jes the angle of the dangle
....inversely proportional to the mass of the A$$...
Old February 4th, 2020, 11:00 AM
Running On Empty

For those interested, the actual question remains: "If the angle of the dangle is inversely proportional to the mass of the A$$ will the heat of the meat be constant?"
Old February 4th, 2020, 11:04 AM

Norm.
Not to change subjects BUT, Have you ever tried the practice drill of chipping quarters?

Old February 4th, 2020, 01:34 PM
Running On Empty

Chipping quarters? No. Do tell.
Old February 4th, 2020, 01:36 PM

This )&_(*_)_(_(*&(_^ sometime won't let me cut and paste

So you're gonna havta Google it
Old February 4th, 2020, 01:52 PM
Running On Empty

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
This )&_(*_)_(_(*&(_^ sometime won't let me cut and paste

So you're gonna havta Google it
Huh? What do you mean you can't cut & paste?
Old February 4th, 2020, 01:59 PM
Running On Empty

Copy/Paste >>> https://www.golfchannel.com/video/ro...pping-quarters

Copy/Paste >>> https://www.golf.com/instruction2020...-loose-change/

I found two regarding chipping quarters. I still don't know what you mean you can't copy/paste.

Old February 4th, 2020, 02:07 PM

I MEAN,

I can copy but when I get to CO there's no paste option [sometimes]
Old February 4th, 2020, 02:13 PM
Running On Empty

Old February 4th, 2020, 02:58 PM
Running On Empty

I'm not sure I see myself on the golf range w/ a bag of quarters and an oven pan trying to chip quarters into an oven pan.
Old February 4th, 2020, 03:14 PM

https://www.golfchannel.com/video/ro...pping-quarters

Tanks
Old February 5th, 2020, 02:49 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Still getting the message. I thought after I turned my computer off and back on it would reset, but nope, this is what I get:

Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand.
Size of a request header field exceeds server limit.

Since I don't have any children I guess I need bull$hit like this to make my hair turn grey.

Light rain when I got up at 130 to let Tiger out, but not raining now. Supposed to be a real gully-washer today.

Jamesbo I felt the same way when they said George Strait was "classic" country.

We'll see what kind of a day we have. Yesterday my good wall guy went home sick, and I got a new guy. He was slow but did a good job, and called me sir all day.

Almost time for the morning meeting. Have a good day everyone.

Old February 5th, 2020, 02:54 AM
Running On Empty

Hey Mike. The exact statement is much better to help you arrive at a process to resolve your issue. For some reason, you've been on a site which has embedded a super huge cookie into your Browser and what's happening is the size of your Browser request far exceeds the expected size of a normal Browser request.

RESOLUTION: Clear your Browser cache. This will remove the big gnarly cookie causing your issue.
Old February 5th, 2020, 03:01 AM
Running On Empty

I'll shoot you two links to perform this operation - it's really simple. You really don't need to be storing enormous amounts of Browser cache. I'd just as soon not go into how a Browser cache operates (unless you want a treatise on how Browser cache works); so, just follow one of the two links to perform the process to clear your (Browser) cache:

(1) By far the simplest method is: https://clear-my-cache.com/en/windows.html

(2) More or less based upon Browser you're using and you can be more selective in terms of amount/type of cache to clear: https://www.pcmag.com/how-to/how-to-...on-any-browser

Since your issue is the size of a big old gnarly cookie, you could get by with just clearing your cached cookies and this should resolve your issue buddy.
Old February 5th, 2020, 04:37 AM

Rain'in A-gain

Sooooo no tack hoe digg'in today

Rats

Miracle of Miracles, sum one jes made an offer on the last shopping center site I won. since no one wants to build vacant shopping centers any more. I may jes let this one go

Old February 5th, 2020, 09:33 AM

I took a speaker to have it looked at (60lbs oof!), to see if it needed a re cone, it doesn't, so I will get the pair of them with pics and put them on FB marketplace to see what I can get for them, (Pioneer HPM 100's). I bought them new in 1976, but when I moved in here, there was no place to set them up without tripping over one of them, so they've been in a spare bedroom since. I bought a pair of Klipsch bookshelf speakers to replace them.....they sound really good by the way.
Old February 5th, 2020, 10:54 AM
Running On Empty

Dan - I really enjoy Klipsch. I had a set many moons ago. I also enjoy Advent and Boston Acoustic. Good stuff.
Old February 5th, 2020, 01:05 PM
Always room for one more

Hey look at me, I'm viewing from home! Thanks Norm. That was a breeze. I usually say I'm so computer backwards that I'm lucky to get this thing to turn on. When I couldn't get to the site I thought my luck was running out.

Work was good. It's gloomy out but warm. And that's all I got. Have a good afternoon everyone.

Old February 5th, 2020, 10:01 PM

Norm, I have been impressed by the sound quality of the small Klipsch speakers, they deliver above their size & class. I have a JBL subwoofer and center channel speaker which will also replaced by Klipsch in due time.
Old February 5th, 2020, 10:11 PM
Running On Empty

Dan - I have the Boston Acoustimass 5.1 Surround Sound Home Theatre System in the living room. Custom wired it into the walls at ceiling height about 9 years ago. Nice system.
Old February 5th, 2020, 10:18 PM

I wanted to put Klipsch ceiling speakers here for the surround sound, but the head room in my attic is non existent, and with 12" of insulation up there, I did not want to be crawling around in it. I have a pair of yet to be hooked up Klipsch speakers for the rear surround.
Old February 6th, 2020, 03:21 AM

Like a cow on a flat rock down ere. No golf, no footings dug. Maybe start building and ark

Old February 6th, 2020, 05:41 AM

Good morning all! Dan, your talk of the big 70lb speakers bought in 1976 remind me of my time in the Navy. I was on a west pacific cruise on my ship in 1979. We were in port in Yokoska Japan. We could buy things at the Navy exchange for a cheaper price( especially stuff made in Japan- which most electronics were then) and have it shipped home. I had saved $5-600 and bought my ultimate home stereo- A Sansui 5500 stereo unit along with 2 "Massive " speakers and a cassette deck. I moved that set from place to place many times until there was no use for a cassette deck anymore- so that part is gone. The speakers started to vibrate and I found the material had actually disintegrated! So they are gone. But I still use the Sansui unit- I am looking at it right now. I bought some Bose speakers to replace the huge old wooden box ones in the early 2000's and I think they sound as good as the old ones. At the same time I bought a Kenwood under dash casette am fm unit with a set of 6 speakers and amps etc. When I got out later that year I bought a 68 F85 4door beater that I massacred cutting speaker holes for the system. It was a rusty beater with a Chevy 6 but it could kick out the Jams!! Ahhh the memories.......
--Working along on my truck. All is going well. This year shows why I am reluctant to spend a lot of money on snowmobile stuff. My machines are old but dependable but the newer ones are much better and easier on the body. Anyway about 10-12 years ago we had lots of snow so I bought the first used machine. Then hardly any snow for a few years, one year I only went out once. So decided just use the old stuff. But then came last year! Lots of snow and rode 1300 miles!! But now this year looks like another low snow year. My helmet isn't big enough and hurts my head- Nice new ones are $300.00! New machines can be $10-15,000! A enclosed trailer -$5000. I guess I will stay low buck. It seems there are 2 ways to snowmobile - low buck with a couple 15 year old machines, or high buck with 2 new machines, all the gear (suits, helmets,boots), and a enclosed trailer. The low buck way I leave from here at Harrison on the machine, if enough snow. The high buck way take machines in trailer further north and do more... Ok enough of that... Have a good one guys.
Old February 6th, 2020, 08:19 AM
Running On Empty

What a great way to end the day yesterday. I did not receive just one, but two ACE Rewards cards in the mail. What a day!
Old February 6th, 2020, 08:58 AM

Greg, cool history on the Hi Fi. My old receiver that I bought at the same time as my speakers was a Sansui 7070, along with a B.I.C. 920 turn table. The Sansui is on a shelf in the garage. I later bought a cassette player recorder, that I used to record my music to be played in my cassette player in my '66 GTO. I recorded from my albums, as store bought cassettes were low audio quality. I used Maxell UDXL90 tapes for recording.
Old February 6th, 2020, 10:24 AM

According to Jeopardy [the other night, Cassette means little box in French
Old February 6th, 2020, 03:33 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

In for the evening, and trying to get a fire going. Slow day at work. As usual, no one wanted to work, and everyone wanted to take an hour for break. We're supposed to have 10 minutes.

I think the rain has stopped. The lake is well over the wall and into the back yard. The lake people opened the valves day before yesterday but we must have had buckets today. Actually if they only opened one valve, which it appears to be the case, it would make little difference.

Most of what I listen to, when it isn't just the radio, is on cassette, and it really gigs me when I can't find a cassette player. What are we supposed to do, throw out everything we have whenever someone comes out with some new way to play music? Gee I played the grooves off my Rush album, oh there's DVDs now? I guess I don't like Rush anymore I'll throw it away.

Norm Ace Hardware was my Dad's favorite store. I think I've said that before. That and Gee Lumber.

Greg glad you're enjoying your shop. When I lived up home, in the winter I had similar decisions to yours. But instead of do I ride or not, it was do I hibernate or not. Even growing up in all that I never did like it.

Okay I guess I'll wind down for the evening. One more, hope someone is motivated tomorrow. Have a good evening everyone.

Old February 6th, 2020, 11:26 PM

Cassette means little box in French
I'm not touching that!
Old February 7th, 2020, 06:28 AM

Well,
It went from warm and wet to cold and dank

Headed norte after a mawn'in funeral

May be sum snow flurries in the mountains

Old February 7th, 2020, 10:39 AM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Not a bad day at work. We finished a little after 12 and got right out. Reduced number, everyone seemed to be motivated, at least to get out.

Cold and windy. The sun peeks out once in a while, but it doesn't help with the temperature. Inside stuff today. I'd love to go to Carrolton and look at a cheep and $hitty truck, but don't have anyone to go with me. It sucks not having any friends. What I should do is go look at trailers so I don't need any friends. One always needs friends.

By the by, log homes are pretty expensive. I had thought I might have one built at the shop, then found out they're around 150-180 a square foot. That neighborhood requires 1600 square feet. That's a lot of toes.

Awful house was good, as always. The chef didn't grill the onions on my cheeseburger, they were uncooked. Good, but a bit strong.

Okay off to find something warm to do. Have a good afternoon everyone.

Old February 7th, 2020, 01:48 PM
Running On Empty

It was warm enough to play golf. There was a blistering 35mph - 40mph wind - gusting to 50 mph. We played four holes and called it a day. The ***** were falling off the tees and running wild across the greens. Crazy stuff.

Mike - Stay off the big cookies.
Old February 8th, 2020, 09:50 AM

Had ta beat feet back from the mountains

Snow and the roads were icing up

When I got close to home nothing but slush and the roads had been sanded

I think i "officially" need to forget the dock/boat house for a year

Old February 8th, 2020, 02:19 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

All we got was rain here this morning, and now the sun is out. Still cold, and everything is a mess.

Just spent thirty minutes in the line at Walmart because this broad had a cart full and wanted to split it up into different orders. Then everything that got scanned she had a problem with. I thought, why didn't you have a problem with it when you picked it up off the shelf? I've gleaned a couple things from this, and other Walmart experiences.

I had emailed an inquiry about a log home before I found out how expensive they were. So this guy calls me this morning and wants me to come have a look at the model. It wasn't far, maybe 20 miles, so I took a ride out there. The place was pretty, but when I got inside, I wasn't real impressed. I kept asking him what an average price might be per square foot, and he wouldn't answer, then finally I don't recall how I phrased it, but I actually got him to answer. It was the same as what I had figured out on the internet. Okay see ya.

Sometimes I think, gee it would be nice to go out and do something tonight. Not today. I'm staying in and away from people. I've had it. Tiger and I are gonna watch a movie. I've got just enough dry firewood to start up the stove, and scraps laying around that should keep us toasty all evening.

Well have a good evening everyone.

Old February 9th, 2020, 02:58 AM

My friends in the mountains say we got 6" of snow about 4 down ere

The Forsyth County sheriff made a brilliant statement [directed at people who know how to spell Zamboni ] ' Even if you know how to drive in ice and snow, Everyone one around you doesn't so they'll crash into you. STAY HOME"
My Cheby 2500 4x4 handles it nicely
Mike, I can't believe you didn't get any. BTW, I'm a self check out kinda guy at Walmart

Headed to Casa Depot this mawn'in. I got a bigger sump pump for the basement and need sum 1 1/2 couplings [the old one was 1" and during down pours jes wasn't getting the job done