The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old January 17th, 2020, 10:28 AM
Running On Empty

Oil, filter change & lubrication on the F-250 tractor (174K miles) - nearly broke in. Then switch back over to the CS - tweaking trans/oil pan bolts, hardware, etc. First time I’ve retorqued/tightened hardware since I replaced the intake manifold gasket & oil pump/screen last winter.
Old January 17th, 2020, 10:30 AM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Done early, and then Awful house. I should get a good start on my trip.

It was a physical therapist I saw. He introduced himself as Dr. [whoever]. What I didn't like at all was it was just a big room, with all the people at workout stations or laying on tables or whatever. No privacy, and only a couple guys tending to everyone. So you only had 1/4 or 1/5 his attention. Uncool. I'm not paying to share my time with anyone. Either physical therapy or massage therapy, I'm only interested in someone who can help my hip, and so far that's been no one. I don't get why this is such a difficult concept.

Pretty out, but cold. Gonna be really cold this weekend. Hopefully Florida isn't as cold. Don't have anything planned.

Well I'll get loaded up and hit the road. Hope everyone has a good weekend. I might be around, who knows. See ya's.

Old January 17th, 2020, 10:35 AM
Running On Empty

Mike - Enjoy your time w/ your Mom. Safe travels.
Old January 17th, 2020, 08:41 PM

Weathering the snowfall, not bad driving home from work, may have 8-9" by late tomorrow. I'll have to get out early tomorrow in order to snowblow before it gets wet and too heavy for the sno thrower as it will warm up to about 37° before dropping again. Mike, when I went for phys therapy for my back, it was one large room with stations set up for whatever was needed for the patients, but each of us had our own therapist. They didn't think that anything in particular was wrong with my back going by the x rays, but a follow-up with an MRI proved otherwise. In case anyone is interested, I get the degree symbol "°" by hitting and holding the "alt" key while punching in "176".
Old January 18th, 2020, 04:26 AM

Dan I'm gonna try it.... nope cant get the degree symbol . It doesn't work on mine . I would use that symbol. It looks like about 2-3 inches out there this morning at 6:30. Still coming down. The storm we were supposed to get last weekend fizzled out- only about 2 ". We'll see about this one...
--Brother in Law Carl is sposta come home on Sunday. Everything is good except kidney function which hopefully will come back, right now he will need dialysis once every 2 days. Its really a miracle! Take care guys!
Old January 18th, 2020, 04:32 AM

Windy and chili also in the sunny south
1st tee time on Monday is 11:00

Got,a funeral today then headed back norte [relatively speaking]

Have a great weekend Olds friends
Old January 18th, 2020, 04:38 AM
Running On Empty

°
alt0176

or,

written another way it is ALT + 0176

°

There are 360° in a full circle.

Last edited by Vintage Chief; January 18th, 2020 at 04:46 AM.
Old January 18th, 2020, 06:36 AM

nope still not working. I tried alt 0176 then holding alt at same time punching 0176- no... no biggie.
Old January 18th, 2020, 06:47 AM

No werk here too
Old January 18th, 2020, 08:43 AM
Running On Empty

You realize you must hold down on the Alt Key at the same time you enter 0176
Old January 18th, 2020, 08:45 AM
Running On Empty

It does depend on which Browsers you use. These codes are derivatives of basic HTML (hyper text markup language).
Old January 18th, 2020, 11:44 AM

Well, I blew out 6" of the white stuff, so that's done. Gotta get groceries next. The snowblower wanted to stall out. Added some Sea Foam, that seemed to help. My old Toro ran better until it was over two and a half decades old. These new ones have cladding all over to make them look pretty, but hinder access to the carb & spark plug. Gonna check out another Mexican food truck later....yum.
Old January 18th, 2020, 11:49 AM
Running On Empty

Dan - Mexican food truck sounds good. Grab me a couple hot tamales.
Old January 18th, 2020, 02:48 PM

I think we got about 10" up here, Dan. It is great and it sucks at the same to time. My buddy called and asked if I wanted to go for the first snowmobile ride of the year. So I plowed a quick path over to the barn using the quad and found the it would stall when attempting to lift plow blade. OK I knew battery was getting bad. So I go to start snowmobile and yep it won't start. Flooded- gas under machine. So I finally got it running to find couldn't open slider door to get out snowmobile due to snow. Force that open, then take out snowmobile and put in quad. Then cant get slider door closed due to snow,again UGH!! Anyway get snowmobile and went for a 67 mile ride- Now that was the fun part! Then come back and snowblow the driveway at house after going to auto parts store and buying new battery for quad. So tomorrow I'll have to put new battery in quad and plow over at the barn....
Old January 18th, 2020, 03:51 PM
Running On Empty

Greg - Thankfully the snowmobile started and you had a nice ride.
Old January 19th, 2020, 12:45 PM

I got several prices [ridiculous] on post for the dock/boathouse. Finally I got a guy whose grandfather worked at the old boys camp I went to as a maintenance man. He's gonna bring over his track hoe and dig the holes for the footing at a reasonable price.

Then, I'm gonna get sum amigos to mix sum sakrete [gravel mix] and pour away. I may have to get a pallet delivered 3200 lbs is pushing it in my 2500 Cheby

Golf is looking iffy with a low in the teens tonite

Have a great day Olds friends
Old January 19th, 2020, 02:00 PM
Running On Empty

James - Sounds like you're moving along on the dock/boathouse. That's great. I hear you about the pallet of sakrete. I generally limit the bed weight on my F-250 Super Crew Cab 8' bed to no >2500 lbs. Most of the time I'll make 2-3 trips.

There is no way I am playing golf the next several days until this high pressure arctic blast leaves the area. The winds are going to be howling around here 16-24 mph w/ a temperature ~32°F. Golf is not going to happen.

GO GREEN BAY PACKERS!
Old January 19th, 2020, 05:30 PM

Well, the taco truck was closed, probably too cold, went a few miles to another one, same story. Ended going to a brick and motar for take out tacos and re fried beans. One truck that was closed since last spring re opened, but i did not hear about it until today, they have really good food. We are actually getting overrun by Mexican food places, as another one is opening up about 1/2 mile from me. That makes six places within 5 minutes of me. Greg, it looks like the lake effect went your way, I've got about 7" at my place, according to my homemade snow gauge.
Old January 20th, 2020, 02:22 AM

Went for another snowmobile ride yesterday- all good. Then went to get truck out of barn and got stuck! There is a lean-to type addition made on the barn and I was backing out of the slider door on that. You have to back out and immediately back to the right and that is going up a hill, so you need momentum to get up the grade. It's grass (with about 10"of snow on it) Well the truck started sliding down the grade. I tried to go back and forth but every time I just slid further down. Being dark didn't help. Truck is a big long quad cab F150. It is 4wd and it was in 4wd but those big wide 1/2 tread Michelin highway tires are worthless. Hopefully my son and I can get it out today with his truck.
--Dan, you have made me hungry for Mexican food. I could eat some for breakfast if I had some here!
Old January 20th, 2020, 02:36 AM

23 degrees here [still can't make the degree sign] My Golf course sits down in a valley probably 20 over there. The grounds keeper has a morbid sense of humor and most likely moved the practice tees to the shade. Me thinks I'm gonna sit this one our by the fire

I;ve never seen a Mexican food truck but we do have "Real" Mexicans restaurants that no one but Mexican eat at

As I believe, I've mentioned, my dock is a 2 phase fair [gotta move "float" a swim dock out of the way when the lake rises] I've got my Sea Bee buddy werking on an elevation to submit to Ga Power as we speak [type]

This project is gonna take a while

Old January 20th, 2020, 04:14 AM
Running On Empty

I enjoy a good taco...

Old January 20th, 2020, 04:40 AM

I'm fully aware, I have a sick mind but when I saw your post Norm, a Camel toe taco immediately came to mind
Old January 20th, 2020, 08:19 AM
Running On Empty

James, I don't believe thinking of a camel toe taco equates to a sick mind - I believe it represents a healthy mind.
Old January 20th, 2020, 10:09 AM

Although [since Norm's post] I've been thinking about Tacos

Sum'in flung a crav'in on me fer a hot pastrami sandwich

Old January 20th, 2020, 01:00 PM

I could do some pastrami myself.. Yum! Camel toe? Huh?
Old January 20th, 2020, 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by Greg Rogers
I could do some pastrami myself.. Yum! Camel toe? Huh?

Norm, Help me out here. I posted a pic but had a flash of sanity and deleted it
Old January 20th, 2020, 01:57 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Got back a little while ago. Good visit with my Mom. Didn't get anything done. Brought home lots of food. I think the trip was a success. Tiger did okay, too.

I'm gonna stick with the asterisk for the degree sign. I hope no one thinks I'm using it for a footnote. By the way, It's 51* in here. It didn't come close to working anyway.

Camel toe. Hm. It's up a little higher than a real one.

Gonna catch up the rest of the way then hit the sack early. I think the furnace will be running all night. But whoa what I must have saved turning it off for three days. Have a good afternoon everyone.

* degrees

Old January 20th, 2020, 02:14 PM

Mike, I hate ta tell ya this but when you let the walls get cold, it takes alot more heat to warm up the house cuase ya gotta warm u p the wall 1st

Old January 20th, 2020, 02:15 PM
Running On Empty

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
Mike, I hate ta tell ya this but when you let the walls get cold, it takes alot more heat to warm up the house cuase ya gotta warm u p the wall 1st
^^x2^^

Significantly more heat...
Old January 20th, 2020, 02:37 PM
Running On Empty

The last of the major winter project items have been addressed - replacement of fuel line hoses. Unfortunately, I filled the tank w/ fuel just before I began the suspension R&R & it still had a little over 10 gallons in the tank. I took off the fuel line hose under the fuel pump which leads to the metal fuel line inside the frame by the RF wheel. Well, that got me about 1-2 gallons, but I thought it might still be fine. Oh hell no. The worst fuel line hose which needed replacement was the one which attaches to the other (rearward) end of that metal fuel line piece which is inside the frame by the RF wheel then (with the fuel line hose) attaches to the side of the frame for the length of the frame. So, I began removing that fuel line hose. I got another 12-13 gallons of fuel when removing that fuel line hose - 10 gallons in a couple buckets and ~2 gallons on the concrete floor. Argh. At any rate, after the cleanup & replacement of the fuel hose lines I took it for a spin - the second time it's been out since the complete suspension R&R. I found some brand new gaskets for the fuel inlet (filter) housing into the Qudrajet and that resolved the fuel leakage I was having. Not a single leak or seepage anywhere. I've never had the fuel tank line vent from the evaporator canister hooked up to the carburetor. I instead just had a rubber plug on the carburetor inlet and snaked the evaporator canister vent line downwards behind the radiator. So, I replaced the filter at the bottom of the evaporator canister and cut a new piece of fuel line to feed from the evaporator canister into the carburetor port. I haven't noticed any change in vacuum and no change it engine performance - so, that's nice.

The final items will be to install a new set of
STANDARD MOTOR PRODUCTS 10059 STANDARD MOTOR PRODUCTS 10059
ignition wires. I'm not sure of the age of the current wires (they appear to be doing OK), but I'm going to go w/ a brand new set anyway. Then, perform a routine basic tuneup of dwell, timing & carburetor A/F mixture screws employing my vacuum gauge. Not sure if I'll replace the point set and/or rotor and/or distributor cap - I'll see what they look like when I change out the ignition wires and perform the tuneup.
Old January 20th, 2020, 02:42 PM
Running On Empty

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
Norm, Help me out here. I posted a pic but had a flash of sanity and deleted it
I was thinking of helping you out, but...hmmm....well, there are just too many to choose from, James.
Old January 21st, 2020, 04:00 AM

So, I remember reading a recent thread about pics in PM's. I believe Joe P said mods could send them. But I'm not sure others can open them.

Greg, Due to operating restrictions on CO and me wanting to remain a mod and not get banned, I'm afraid your left to Googling "Camel Toe" Enjoy

Global warming as set in in the South a blistering 24 degrees dis mawn'in

Old January 21st, 2020, 04:45 AM

Oh I know what it is.Or should say what
it used to be. I too thought of funny remarks/ comments but decided better of it...
--Oops didn't mean to move that line down, I guess I was excited thinking about the old days!! Anyway got truck unstuck yesterday, Going to the theater today to see 1917. I heard it was good. Have a good one guys!
Old January 21st, 2020, 05:01 AM
Running On Empty

James - Try to send me an image (picture) via PM & we might be able to put this to rest. Notice I did not take take your bait.

Greg - 1917? I’m going to have to look it up. Glad the truck is no longer stuck.

It’s yard debris pickup day. So I finished raking and moving my yard debris to the roadside @ 6:00am. Now vacuuming & washing inside of Overhead garage doors in the man-cave. Tad chilly. 32F, real feel 18F - 12 mph to 14 mph wind, bright & sunny. No golf.
Old January 21st, 2020, 05:47 AM

Norm, so sorry but the computer peter principle kicked in
Old January 21st, 2020, 01:49 PM

Soooooooooooooooooooooo, We have a 2:00 funeral

Family calls at 2:00 [while hearse, grave diggers etc twiddle their thumbs]

"We're goona be late maybe 2:30-3:00 We never should have stopped at Apple bee's

I wouldn't eat there if it were free

Eventually Mom got put to rest
Old January 21st, 2020, 02:38 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Work one day and tomorrow the week is half over. I could get used to that. Got my good wall guy again and as usual out performed everyone else. I like that better than when I have the slow wall guy...

Jamesbo there has to be a joke in there somewhere. Wonder if Mom was the punctual type.

Norm ignition wires can look great but will build up resistance with time and not deliver a good spark. Pretty much any time I would try to adjust the points in my car I'd touch the allen to [something] and get a huge shock. I've never seen plastic allens, maybe I should invent them.

Cold as a mother here, but sunny. It's like the weather is mocking us. I wanted to do a few things after work today, but got home and started up the stove and said "phuque it." Tiger concurred.

Gonna fix my supper and call it a day. Have a good evening everyone. Oh by the way you guys were right. The furnace ran all afternoon and shut off for the first time right as I was going to bed. I'd love to have radiant floor heat some day.
Old January 21st, 2020, 03:08 PM
Running On Empty

Hey Mike - I understand what you're saying about the ignition wires. I received notice they shipped today. I'm going to measure the resistance on the wires when I remove them. The new wires I ordered are supposed to be 8.5mm, round-wound cores, ceramic insulator ends w/ a resistance of 150 Ohms/foot. I'll measure those when they arrive, also. I believe a standard ignition wire is somewhere around 1,500 Ohms/ft - 2,500 Ohms/ft.

It's like a mild hurricane around here w/ winds of 30 mph gusting between 40 mph - 50 mph and it's only ~35°F. I can see witches flying in the sky when I look outdoors.
Old January 21st, 2020, 10:24 PM

Fer crying out loud, couldn't those louts bury mom and then go to dinner? Jeesh.
Old January 22nd, 2020, 02:53 AM

The only thing I can assure you about the cemetery business is NOTHING

I've had people stand on a grave and say "This one feels good" I had a guy from Lockheed that just had to have C 5 I've had people want their favorite baseball players number You name it, It is by far the goofiest business ever.

The lady we buried yesterday came up a few months ago with 3 other ladies, 2 daughters and a best friend. They spent a hour trying to figure out who wanted to be buried next to who, [At the time I wish they had all worn name tags]So I sold mom and 2 daughters 3 lots and reserved 2 more for her best friend and her husband. Guess what? "Best Friend" Never heard back and didn't see her yesterday at the funeral . Go figure

For someone [like me] that likes some order in my life, it can drive me crazy

Anywho, You guys that can spell Zamboni w/o looking it up, Your weather has moved into my yard, Wold you please come get it and take it back home