The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old January 4th, 2013, 11:58 AM
Cutlass Lover

That's some good news, Mike! I sure hope someone has taken them in. I'd be knocking on doors and asking, at this point.
Old January 4th, 2013, 12:01 PM

GREAT NEWS Mike, Get those signs up asap They're in your neighborhood sum where.
Old January 4th, 2013, 05:19 PM
Always room for one more

Evening everyone.

Now I know why I used to turn my phone off while I sleep. People have been calling me all afternoon. Why doesn't anyone call me in the middle of the night when I can talk?

Signs go up tomorrow. I know already that I'm stuck with the Monday lead tonight so I'm taking the van to work tonight since I'll probably be stuck on something that will take all night. I'm going to hit the shelters, hopefully all by noon. I'm not convinced the dogs were seen today, but nice that someone spoke up having seen them at all.

One day off this week. And now they are saying this new schedule is only going to last one to three months and we get to bid all over again. Hopefully they've seen the error of their ways and we'll go back to 12s.

Okay everyone have a good evening and a fun weekend.
Old January 5th, 2013, 08:27 AM

Good luck Mike, Please keep us posted. I've got a feel'in today is de day
Old January 5th, 2013, 08:33 AM
Captain Starfire

Encouraging news, Mike.... that's something to at least help you keep believing. I keep sending the good doggie vibes up to GA. When we were up last week, the lady at this $5 store around the house found a beautiful yellow lab - golden retriever mix girl (very young). She made a make-shift box-bed for her and was feeding her; but it didn't appear anybody was going to adopt her.

I tried to make friends with her and I was going to take her to the local shelter, but she was very skiddish; wouldn't let me pet her; scared to death. Poor baby.... I didn't see good things in her future.

And here in the animal-chattel capital of the U.S. (Tangipahoa Parish, LA), there was a tiny kitten running on the side of the road right down the street from me. No way I could have gotten her; but she couldn't have been more than 8-10 weeks old.

But I know your babies will be waiting for you some real soon, Mike.
Old January 5th, 2013, 08:37 AM
CQR

Morning all.

Mike keep strong.

Whos ready for some supercross?
Old January 5th, 2013, 08:46 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Morning it is!
Mike - I guess most of those callers don't know you work the night shift....at least with the number of calls coming in it should indicate that peeps are continuing to report sightings of the pups? That's good news.

Clint - supercross? Sure, let it rip.

Jamesbo - I hope you're right.
Old January 5th, 2013, 09:26 AM
Always room for one more

Howdy everyone.

Just got back from a round of shelters. I think I put on about 100 miles. I got off work ultra early this morning(4am) and hit the Awful house, then went to Henry, DeKalb, Fulton, and Rockdale. Rockdale was closed so I need to be there as soon as I can Monday morning. Fulton assured me if they made it to Atlanta and got picked up, they'd be scanned and I'd get a call. He also said I could see every animal on their website. I'm headed to Clayton in a few minutes.

Jamesbo if the dogs come home today I'm running right up there and giving you a great big kiss! Okay maybe not. You'll hear me shouting from the rooftops.

Allan it isn't only dog people calling, it's my sister, my neighbor, whoever. I'll put up with it until I get the pups back. How's the jerky?

John what do you mean, chattel? From the ambiguous definition I got from dictionary.com it either means that it's the land of strays, or most people keep their pets as slaves. Either would be bad.

Okay gonna start some laundry then head out to Clayton County. Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend so far.
Old January 5th, 2013, 11:26 AM
Captain Starfire

BTW, good day, all!

Mike, I mean they're purely a commodity; like livestock --> No personal attachment whatsoever. People have dogs up here on short ropes tethered in front of their houses, which stay out in the elements 24X7X365. They keep 'em watered & fed, usually.

But it's just something like a driveway alarm to bark when someone arrives.

And cats are the same; they just keep multiplying and folks keep feeding them... that was Yota's origins... and Fred's. Just a different mindset.
Old January 5th, 2013, 11:39 AM
Always room for one more

Originally Posted by slantflat

Jamesbo if the dogs come home today I'm running right up there and giving you a great big kiss! Okay maybe not. You'll hear me shouting from the rooftops.

JAMESBO YOU READY FOR THAT KISS? THE DOGS ARE BACK HOME SAFE AND SOUND!!

I was just getting ready to go to the last shelter when this woman called and said she lived in the neighborhood and had my dogs. I couldn't drive over there fast enough. She's had them almost all week, she saw them walking down the street and took them in and was looking for where they belonged.

All you guys rock! You had more faith than me that they'd get home and you really kept me going. I cannot express the relief I am feeling and the gratitude for everyone that helped look and get the word out and supported me through this whole week, which seemed like a year!

Big life lesson learned. Lots of lessons learned. The dogs are getting tags on their collars. The door they got out will be reinforced somewhat like Fort Knox. The dog bedroom is full steam ahead! And most important praise be to God for keeping them safe and allowing good people to find them and take care of them.

Now if you'll excuse me I think I'll go collapse.

Old January 5th, 2013, 11:44 AM
Just an Olds Guy

I want pics of that sloppy one when you plant it on Jim.

Congrats on getting them back. I never thought to ask if they had collars or anything. Hope you gave that woman a huge hug for looking after them. Bet they were glad to see you too! I love happy endings
Old January 5th, 2013, 11:49 AM

Hey, THAT'S GREAT NEWS

Mike, Let me quote de super Model.

" I told ya so, I told ya so. "

Why not give the lady that POS Rolls Royce

Casa depot has these fer les than 80 bukcs [which BTW is probably less than you sent on gas looking fer dem]
Old January 5th, 2013, 12:28 PM
NOVICE car nut

Originally Posted by slantflat
I was just getting ready to go to the last shelter when this woman called and said she lived in the neighborhood and had my dogs. I couldn't drive over there fast enough. She's had them almost all week, she saw them walking down the street and took them in and was looking for where they belonged.
THAT IS AWESOME !!!!

I bet you feel a lot better now ! You may want to put bars on the basement windows so this don't happen again ! The next time it storms , they might try that again since it worked the first time .
Old January 5th, 2013, 01:50 PM
Sammy70 455 Supreme

YEE HAW!!
Excellent news, I am really happy for both you and your dogs!!

It is funny how I do not even know you, but this has been in the back of my mind.......weird

Ted
Old January 5th, 2013, 01:50 PM

Congrats on getting your boys back!
Old January 5th, 2013, 02:40 PM
"Car"mudgeon

Awesome News Mike Glad those two found a nice lady to hang with fer a spell.
Old January 5th, 2013, 03:13 PM

Great news Mike. I've been rooting for you all week! Think I'll take my old worthless hound to the vet next week and have a chip put in him. He isnT good for much but I'd sure miss him if he were to disappear.
Old January 5th, 2013, 05:23 PM

Great news Mike.I told my wife of your plight the other night and she asks me twice a day if your pups are back.Now I can finally tell her this TAIL has a happy ending.
Old January 5th, 2013, 05:51 PM
Captain Starfire

Hallelujah!

Mike, that's the best news since the first Christmas! Thanks be to God, and to the new owner of your Rolls.

I think you're gonna' have to sneak up on Jamesbo, as I'm guessing he'd rather get smooched by da' Supermodel.

So glad all turned out well... it might the best sleep you never got tonite..... So they weren't even cut or anything breaking out the door?
Old January 5th, 2013, 07:52 PM
Cutlass Lover

Mike! Wonderful news!!!! I am soooooo happy for you! What a relief. I know the weight of the world is lifted off your shoulders. Good idea to get address tags on their collars. My cat has one with our phone number.

We had a sunny day here, and it got up to 36 degrees. It was nice. I spent pretty much the whole day cleaning the house and putting things back where they belong, after having moved things for the Christmas decorations. Looks much better now.

Nicole left early this morning to hang with Tony and his family all day. Larry has been talking to her again like nothing ever happened, which is nice. She even went shopping with us again last night. I hope this time it lasts longer than 23 days, lol.

I got the new Dell battery for my laptop yesterday. Tried it today and it works!! I'm happy about that, lol.

I'm going to take Lin shopping tomorrow and get that out of the way for this month. Don't have anything else planned to do.

We're supposed to have some snow tonight, but nothing major. Possibly an inch tomorrow. Then it warms up next week to the 40's with sun!! That will be welcome.

Well have a good evening all.
Old January 5th, 2013, 08:07 PM
Always room for one more

Evening everyone.

Ah, life is back to normal. I'm watching TV sitting on the floor and the dogs are on the couch. We've had treats and played in the yard. The house seems happy again.

I started in on the dog bedroom like gangbusters, and then about an hour or so into it, my brain went into auto-shutdown and I had to sit down before I'd fall down. So an impromptu nap sort of put the kybosh on my plans. I got quite a bit done and I'll be able to finish the initial phase tomorrow.

The woman said Jetta had a big cut on her back foot. I said they broke a window getting out. She fixed it up good and no sign of it tonight.

Not a good time to have only one day off. Everything has been on hold for a week, either from driving around or just not feeling like doing anything. So now I have to start returning calls and emails, getting caught up with Amphi club stuff, pay some bills before they start calling, etc. I'll get it all done. And with a spring in my step and a song in my heart. Well, something like that.

So I missed out meeting my sister as she connected through Atlanta tonight. I texted her to say I'd be staying home. She didn't seem to mind. I'll catch her on the flip side.

Well I think we're gonna hit the sack and get up early and finish our project. I can nap a little tomorrow afternoon before work. Good night everyone and thanks again.
Old January 6th, 2013, 06:01 AM

Mawn'in all

Kinda chili up ere in de mountains.

Enjoy de rest of de weekends Olds friends.

Mike get er done, I don't wanta go thru anutter week like last one. [And I'm sure you don't either.]
Old January 6th, 2013, 01:02 PM

Insanity

Can someone explain the sickness that is restoring a car. Just spent 16 plus hours of my weekend flat on my back scraping and cleaning under the car. Why didn't I take up golf like most other males my age?
Old January 6th, 2013, 01:14 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Originally Posted by Sampson
Can someone explain the sickness that is restoring a car. Just spent 16 plus hours of my weekend flat on my back scraping and cleaning under the car. Why didn't I take up golf like most other males my age?
Sure - the other guys your age haven't figured out what to do with their life. Oooops, sorry bout dat Jamesbo...

Well, just checking in to say hi. Gotta start making supper for de boy cause my supermodel is werkin tonight and I gotta get ready to head out curling.

Happy Sunday Oldsmobilians.
Old January 6th, 2013, 01:17 PM
GM Enthusiast

Haven't posted in a while and read what happened Mike. Glad to hear that they are safe and sound back home.
Old January 6th, 2013, 01:18 PM
GM Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Sampson
Working on your car is usually less frustrating than playing golf!
Old January 6th, 2013, 02:33 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Originally Posted by OLD SKL 69
Working on your car is usually less frustrating than playing golf!
Naw Darrell, ya got it all bass ackwards. Working on cars is for those who don't want the frustration of golf...

EDIT - oh I just re-read that. Looks like we both agree...
Old January 6th, 2013, 05:24 PM
Always room for one more

Good evening everyone.

Seems strange to be going to work on a Sunday. I haven't done that in over a year. Well, all good things must come to an end. Three days off is better than two, but I like four days off better. We'll see how long this lasts. And to top it all off, I'm not off weekends anymore, I rotate days off every month. Tough to get a work routine going like that.

Hope everyone enjoyed their weekend. Darryl good to hear from you. Yes it was a harrowing week for me(harrowing?) but all's well that ends well I suppose. In this case it's true.

Got everything cleaned out of the dogs' new room today, and just in case put a heavy dresser up against the window. I'll get my plywood on my weekend. It seemed sad, I spent all that time getting my office cleaned out, only to put it all back in. This will be a better use of the rooms, though.

Nice night out. Stars are shining and so far not too cold. I think lower 30s for tonight though. Where's summer?

Okay gonna hit the road. Everyone have a great start to their week, smacking whitey or whatever you have planned.
Old January 6th, 2013, 07:16 PM
Cutlass Lover

Evening All!

It was a cloudy day here with flurries. Temps around 37 but it didn't seem warm.

I went and took Lin shopping. I was only gone about 5 hours this time, lol. Came home and washed my hair and didn't do much more. Larry made a meatloaf and mashed taters for supper. It was a good meal.

Mike... glad you're enjoying your re-bonding! I'm not ready for another 5 day regular work week, as slow as it's been. No more paid days off until Good Friday.

Nice to hear from you, Darryl. Don't be a stranger!

Well have a good evening all.
Old January 7th, 2013, 04:54 AM

Mawn'in all

A mite chili dis mawn'n but us whose ain't got the foggiest what to do wit their lives must endeavor to persevere. Hey It's like "Fiddler on de roof" TRADITION Gotta go smack whitey 'round.

Sampson, Mine are as done as they are ever gonna be. To quote de famous Joe P. "If it runs, it's done."

Daryl, Whar ya bean? Nice of ya to drop in on us.

Mike statement 'bout not know'in any of us kinda struck a cord. I've got a few hundred Facebook "friends" all of which I've known thru high school college er some where. BUT, I feel much closer to my Olds buds [+ Sandy] dan I do all the FB "acquaintances.

Since dis thread got started, we've had friends pass, dogs and cats pass away [or get lost] kidney stones, bankruptcies , and utter calamaties but we still keep greet'in an encourag'in each utter every mawn'in.

I think dat's kinda special

Have a great day Olds friends, I need to go spend de day search'in [most likely fer lost golf *****]
Old January 7th, 2013, 05:00 AM
CQR

Morning all. Mike. Glad to hear they have been returned.

Spose to get into the 50's again today. it's nice not having to put on the heavy carhart stuff every morning.

Spent most of the weekend in the garage with the tv on. doing a complete top end on the Suzuki. Assembled a new cylinder head and put in a new piston and cylinder. I'll have to send out the old one for a re-coat. Thinking about installing a stage 1 intake cam and a programmer. Mot a lot of dyno's around here so I'll probably put on an 'autotune' accessory with an o2 sensor for the fuel injection. It's only money. I'd like a little more umph in the low end. I'm not jumping as far as I'd like to.

Supercross was good background noise while putterin in the garage. Nice to see an underdog win once in a while. My buddy's son didn't make the main event. He moved down to the 250 class. Well maybe next week.

Have a great day all.
Old January 7th, 2013, 05:49 AM

Just got back in from my morning walk with Mac. (My worthless dog). A bit crisp here this morning but it felt good.
Jamesbo Good luck on your searching. If my cars looked as good as yours I'd be done too. Mine used to run when I bought it. What is wrong with me?
Alan you are right. When I get frustrated in golf and start throwing my clubs around people look at me funny. Plus at the end of the day after a good game of golf, what do you have?
Old January 7th, 2013, 06:53 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

I'm a little late getting on here this morning.... Monday morning. Been running late the whole time.

It's cloudy, but sun is supposed to shine later on. What a morning! Nicole parked behind me last night when she crawled home, and I had to wait for her to leave this morning. Traffic was just horrible! You can tell the holidays are over and everyone is back to work and school. 91 was just packed with cars and trucks. We have a thin invisible layer of ice on everything this morning. I about fell getting out of Tincanio when I got to work. I came in and put my stuff down and said I was going to throw a handful of salt by my car. Brian immediately pipes up and says "But it's gonna get warm later and melt. I salted the sidewalk." I CALMLY said "Brian, surely you're not going to miss a handful of salt? I'm not busting a hip because you're gonna begrudge me a handful of salt. I'll buy my own little bag if necessary." And I went and threw a handful of salt by my car. A$$hole! He acts like he buys the crap. The slumlord furnishes a container every year. If it was around his car, you can bet the lot would be clean and dry. He's sooooo ****!

Then, as I'm trying to get out of Tincanio, my tube of lipstick falls out of my purse and breaks into 3 pieces. Picked that up without falling, made it inside the office. Left my coffee in the car! Had to creep back out and get that. Lord, what a morning! Problem e-mails....... But this too shall pass!

Jamesbo..... I know what you mean! We are one big happy disfunctional family on here, lol. I love each one of you! You guys mean a great deal to me. I got get well cards from you guys I've never met, and nothing at all from the guys I work with every day! Speaks volumes to me.... Someday I will meet each of you! Happy golfing today.

Well I gotta get something constructive done, so I'll talk to ya later. Have a good Monday all.
Old January 7th, 2013, 07:22 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Good Monday Mawnin All

I haven't been on this forum long but I feel I've known most of you guys a long time I may not be able to meet everyone in person but it would be nice if I could

Jamesbo you do realize that when you said "Today is de Day" and Mike found his pups, I thought about the slogan for the GA Lotto "Today Could Be Your Day" Maybe you should've played it Saturday

Yall have a great day
Old January 7th, 2013, 08:48 AM

Good morning all, Cold and wet here on the left coast. Mike, glad to hear you got your dogs back must be a big relief. Well its a new year and I hope a better one for all.

Jamsbo, My wife says golf is like an Easter egg hunt where you hide them youself, kinda got to agree with her
Old January 7th, 2013, 10:19 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Monday type Morning

Today college went back so Graeme's not still in bed. Yay! Not saying that in a mean way. I just wish he would spend a little more family time than puter time.

Last night we won our game even though our second didn't bother to show up again. That makes 4 times that he's done that without even a phone call. The rest of the guys voted him off the team at the end of the season. To date we're tied for 1st place in our Open 1 league and there's only 7 more games to play. We play the rink we're tied with on the last game of the season.

re: Golf. Isn't that a 4 letter word that usually ends badly? Used to have a supervisor who loved golfing and would invite the office to join in on a round about every month (and if you knew what was good for you, you would go). His name was Jerry Hadley. Big guy who lost his temper a lot. I think that's where I learned the term 'HELICOPTER GOLFING'. Whenever Jerry had a bad shot? His club went flying in the air like a helicopter blade. I think he kept more golf shops in business replacing bent, broken or missing clubs than anyone I've ever met.

Well it's nice here today so I think it's time to hit the car wash. Don't like having a dirty car.

Scot - put that on your 'bucket list'.

Clint - So you're ready to rip, or not? Never knew that bikes were computer controlled and such.

Jamesbo - good luck at the links.

Sampson - ya only got to worry if people start looking at you funny even without golf clubs. Oh, I can answer that question about the end of the day. What do you have? Easy - 4 hours of your life that you'll never get back.

Mike - In the old days we used to call those shifts 'Swings'. Do you get weekend premiums now?
Old January 7th, 2013, 04:16 PM

So Jamsbo what's gonna happen when the Seattle Seahawks meet the Hotlanta Falcons. What's the odds on this matchup this coming weekend?
Old January 7th, 2013, 05:05 PM
Always room for one more

Evening everyone.

Suddenly it's my Friday. Found out when we converted to 10 hour shifts that I got two extra days of vacation. This is a good time to catch up on stuff that I'm behind on.

Allan we get "shift differential" which is more of an insult than a perk. For working midnights shift I get an additional .51 an hour. People who work afternoon shift get something like 40 cents an hour extra. A lot of people, especially relatively low time people like rotating days because then everyone gets the weekend off once in a while.

Sandy you should get to work early tomorrow and park in Brian's space, so he has to park on the ice. Of course then you'd have a whine-fest all day about it.

Hey Sampson I doubt that Mac is worthless. He must have some redeeming quality otherwise you wouldn't keep him around. If you ask me dogs are magic, and they know everything. That's why they don't talk.

Jamesbo I had this thought, sort of relating to what you were saying. I think I got more support here than from anyone else, and I thought gee wouldn't it be nice to get everyone together and buy lunch. Well, that's a bit of a stretch for us, so here's what I want to do. Everyone PM me your address and I'll send you something. Like a little pack of gem donuts. Or a Honeybun. Something like that. And if the Georgia people would ever get our acts together we could meet up somewheres.

Time to get ready for work and take the dogs out. They know when it's 8oclock and are insistent on going out right then. I swear I could get rid of all my clocks and tell time just by when the dogs know we do something.

Have a good night everyone.
Old January 7th, 2013, 08:20 PM
"Car"mudgeon

Pat I dunno about Jamesbo but I have learned the hard way a long time ago to never bet for them Facklins'

Speaking of the Seahawks, Steve Largent was one of my all time faves

Now College Football is where it's at

Roll Tide Go SEC

I won't rub it in too much but what's the old saying about a mud hole being walked dry?
Old January 8th, 2013, 05:09 AM

Mawn'in all

A mite chilii dis mawn'in but spose to get real warm dis week.

Pat, I never bet on anything dat doesn't have a tail. I went to Seattle once to watch de dirty bird play, Went up and had breakfast at does falls we talked 'bout before once. Can't bermember de name at de moment but you know whar I talk'in 'bout

BTW Ya know what safe sex is in Alabama? When ya raise the tail gate on your pick up. De "Fight'in Irish" got the hat handed to dem by Bama didn't de? .

Scot, Did you know Nick Saban has a home up on Lake Burton and sum one talked him into building a 4 million dollar "speck " house/castle

If I hadn't had 3 doubles I woulda torn up de place yesterday 44/43 FWIW, Didn't loose a single ball. Kept em all whar de mowers go.

Scot/Mike, Let's try to make a date soon.

Sandy/Allan, I thought of y'all last nite when I was watch'in de movie Fargo, Geeze Louise, Talk 'bout snow.