The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old December 21st, 2023, 08:14 AM

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
Heading NORTE to have some lunch with some awesome people.
Jim & Mike - Safe travels and have a wonderful lunch! 👍
Old December 21st, 2023, 08:15 AM

Never have I felt claustrophobic until an MRI this morning....
I finished it, but damn 25 minutes of my brain telling me "You gottta get out of here". That was one of my least enjoyable experiences so far in life. The technician told me after the fact, "theres a larger bore machine you can always request"

So FYI you can request a larger machine. Im 175 lbs and the thing was maybe 2-3 inches from my face and chest
Old December 21st, 2023, 08:54 AM

Originally Posted by mattking
I finished it, but damn 25 minutes of my brain telling me "You gottta get out of here". That was one of my least enjoyable experiences so far in life. The technician told me after the fact, "theres a larger bore machine you can always request"

So FYI you can request a larger machine. Im 175 lbs and the thing was maybe 2-3 inches from my face and chest
Matt - Agree 100%. Had one about 15-years ago to determine if I might need surgery to relieve pain from a badly pinched nerve in my neck. The whole ordeal was exacerbated by the excruciating pain in my neck, and how they said I needed to lay completely still, and the positioning of my neck as I was laying in the tube. I too felt the feeling of claustrophobia in the tube. What a miserable experience!
Old December 21st, 2023, 08:58 AM

Wow, 60° today, 55° tomorrow, and mid-60's Saturday and Sunday, nary a freezing temp or snowflake in sight. Sure doesn't feel like Christmas is upon us.
Old December 21st, 2023, 09:12 AM
9 thats what I mean 11

The whole time I bet you wanted to push the button.
I have had 4 MRI's three of them in the tube and one in the open one. If you felt claustrophobic think about what I felt. I am 6'2" and 275lbs.
I came close to pushing the button a couple times. Kept my eyes closed the whole time.
Old December 21st, 2023, 09:25 AM

Originally Posted by Dream67Olds442
Matt - Agree 100%. Had one about 15-years ago to determine if I might need surgery to relieve pain from a badly pinched nerve in my neck. The whole ordeal was exacerbated by the excruciating pain in my neck, and how they said I needed to lay completely still, and the positioning of my neck as I was laying in the tube. I too felt the feeling of claustrophobia in the tube. What a miserable experience!
This was me exactly. The neck pain, and not moving. My face got hot too, I swear I thought i was being microwaved on low.

Originally Posted by 1965CutlassGuy
The whole time I bet you wanted to push the button.
I have had 4 MRI's three of them in the tube and one in the open one. If you felt claustrophobic think about what I felt. I am 6'2" and 275lbs.
I came close to pushing the button a couple times. Kept my eyes closed the whole time.
I wanted to push the button the whole time.
I wish they would have given me a time count down. "its been five minutes, 20 to go" sort of thing

Old December 21st, 2023, 09:37 AM

I've had a couple MRI's. I just relax and close my eyes.
Old December 21st, 2023, 09:46 AM

Sitting at the tire shop getting new rubber on the Jeep. Good grief businesses have changed over the years. I remember when they sold you tires and put them on without involving a lawyer.
Old December 21st, 2023, 09:46 AM

This was me exactly. The neck pain, and not moving. My face got hot too, I swear I thought i was being microwaved on low.
I'm surely not a doctor, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express once! 🤣 If I were betting, I'd say your face feeling hot was a direct reaction to your blood pressure going up significantly. I know I felt like mine went up during the ordeal!
Old December 21st, 2023, 12:59 PM
Running On Empty

I'm surely not a doctor, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express once! 🤣 If I were betting, I'd say your face feeling hot was a direct reaction to your blood pressure going up significantly. I know I felt like mine went up during the ordeal!
The majority of the time no one will experience elevation of body temperature; although, depending on the length of time, body mass & whether any contrast medium was employed it's fair to suggest yes - a rise in body temperature during the procedure is not uncommon. NMR (Nuclear Magnetic Resonance) made up a small portion of my academic curricula. Studies of molecular bonding energies (e.g. amount of energy required to hold a H atom to a C atom, or P atom, etc.) are performed using NMR. Types of bonds between various atoms in a molecule (compound) are dependent on the availability of free energy. Free energy is absorbed into the bonding and can be measured. The general application is usage of an E-M (ElectroMagnetic) device (i.e. magnet) and then introduce a known RF (Radio Frequency). The RF isn't much different than VHF/UHF signals. You capture (basically) the variance in electron spin, map (via a computer program) the variance to a spectrogram then create an image from the spectrogram. Pretty awesome stuff. The Samuel Roberts Nobel electron microscopy facility @ Univ of Oklahoma (Norman, OK) did not have an MRI, the closest I ever got to an MRI machine was a NMR-SEM (NMR-Scanning Electron Microscope). About the same as an MRI but for extremely small samples.
Old December 21st, 2023, 01:01 PM

Lunch

Wonderful grub and great company

Old December 21st, 2023, 01:05 PM
Running On Empty

Jim - Looks delicious. I love country cooked fix'ns.
Old December 21st, 2023, 02:08 PM

Truth be told o ate 2 apple Betty's for dessert. Mike only had 1

Old December 21st, 2023, 02:13 PM
Running On Empty

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
...ate 2 apple Betty's for dessert.
Damn Skippy...good for you.
Old December 21st, 2023, 03:13 PM
Always room for one more

And you said you didn't want the second one! I see how you are! What a great afternoon we had. I don't get to see these people near enough. Except for Mom I see her every day.

Boy that's a long drive. Funny, I used to drive half as long for pizza and Jamesbo thought that was the silliest thing ever. Tons of traffic, and of course we got back to Atlanta right when things were picking up. Still got home by 530. Tiger was not amused, but none the worse for wear.

Kenneth I love buying tires. In fact I'll be buying tires sooner rather than later for my pickup. They are getting pretty thin. How many pages did you have to sign to relieve them of their responsibility?

Gonna sit and relax tonight and hit the sack early. What a nice day. Hope everyone is doing well.

Old December 21st, 2023, 03:32 PM

Jim & Mike - The food looks delicious, and of course I already know the company was off the charts! Glad you had a great day and wish I could have been there. Maybe one of these days.
Old December 22nd, 2023, 03:32 AM

There is a little tire shop in Harrison ran by a guy who is crippled in some way- he has to sort of hobble around but he and his employees work like crazy. The cars are jacked up with roll around jacks- outside in front if weather is ok. I have bought some tires from him and he is just a little more than the big chains in the bigger cities. But what a great service he provides, fixing flats on trailers, quads, etc. Anyway , you don't need to sign a thing there if you pay cash. I went in asked how much, he ordered tires, called me when they were in, I went in and they put them on in a hour or so, pay him, done.- Easy peasy, like the old days.. Somethings are still the same as they were around here. Love it.....
Old December 22nd, 2023, 04:46 AM

Made Nassau grits this morning. When Mike used to travel to Pennsecola I'd tried and tried to get him to go to the Coffee Cup and get a bowl. No such luck.
Old December 22nd, 2023, 05:41 AM
Running On Empty

Grits & Okra are unknown in Zamboni language. It took me many years to develop a taste for grits. The only dish I make infrequently is shrimp & grits. There is one restaurant here rather famous for their shrimp & grits. If I have a hankering for something different I'll order shrimp & grits. The only dish I make with okra is jambalaya.
Old December 22nd, 2023, 05:59 AM
Running On Empty

Beginning today shadows become shorter. Bring it!
Old December 22nd, 2023, 10:03 AM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Shrimp and grits. I wouldn't have guessed that was a thing, but my lead said his wife wanted to bring shrimp and grits for us. She did that yesterday. Too bad I wasn't there. No it wasn't I had something better.

Overcast today but not too cold. Went to see a beautiful 57 Ford convertible at my neighbor the hot rodder's house. I would love to have a 57 Ford, but mine would have to be a retractable. Went to my airport as well, and of course started out at Awful house.

Gonna run a couple errands this afternoon then get ready for Florida tomorrow. That's going to be a long day, coming back in the afternoon.

Okay have a good day everyone. I love playing hooky.

Old December 22nd, 2023, 10:30 AM

Hi guys,

Warm here today for Winter (50°), with periods of rain. It poured at times throughout the night but at least Monty wasn't freaked out because there wasn't any lightning. Even warmer tomorrow and Sunday with highs in the low 60's with partly sunny skies. I'll take all of this I can get!

Wife's down the street this morning cleaning house for our elderly neighbor, so I'm on dog duty. Boy those two can really wear me out! LoL

Taken right now. Pretty much all they do when Momma's gone is lay around and pout!

Hope everyone has a great day!
Old December 22nd, 2023, 02:44 PM
Running On Empty

Played 18 & played very average golf (42/43) in full sunlight ~58°F on December 22nd. Enjoyed the extra 30 seconds of sunlight. 🌞☀️😎🌄
Old December 22nd, 2023, 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by Vintage Chief
Played 18 & played very average golf (42/43) in full sunlight
Wished I could still play that well! I'm sure it will be ugly when I start playing again in the Spring, I'm looking forward to it though.
Old December 22nd, 2023, 03:38 PM
Running On Empty

Wished I could still play that well! I'm sure it will be ugly when I start playing again in the Spring, I'm looking forward to it though.
It won't be any uglier than Charles Barkley's swing.
Old December 22nd, 2023, 04:30 PM

It won't be any uglier than Charles Barkley's swing.
Thinking about taking off for AZ in the early Spring and heading out to Green Valley for some private lessons from my 1st cousin (Mom's sister's youngest son) Joel Jaress who is the Head and teaching pro at Quail Creek Crossing Golf Club there.
https://quailcreekcrossing.com/getti...-professional/

Joel's older brother Jon was the Head Pro at Tubac Golf Resort south of Green Valley when the desert golf scenes from Tin Cup were shot there. Last I heard, Jon was the Head Pro at Nakoma Golf Resort and Spa near Clio, CA, which is near where Tedd Thompson on CO lives. From what I've seen online, it looks like a spectacular course and club.

Old December 22nd, 2023, 04:44 PM
Running On Empty

I'd get a start on it now if I were you >>>> https://shopindoorgolf.com/products/...40505694552153
Old December 22nd, 2023, 05:00 PM

I'd get a start on it now if I were you >>>> https://shopindoorgolf.com/products/...40505694552153
Not a bad idea, although I'd never spring those kind of $'s for that set up. We do however have a few very nice, very large indoor practice facilities in the St. Louis area, plus we have enough nice weather (like we're having right now) over the winter that I should invest in some whiffle golf ***** and practice some in the back yard. The dogs have already trashed it, so a few divets aren't going to matter.
Old December 22nd, 2023, 05:13 PM
Running On Empty

There are very good videos on YouTube these days. Left arm straight, right arm tucked to your ribs, turn the ENTIRE body and arms at the same time. No chicken wings.
Old December 22nd, 2023, 05:39 PM

There are very good videos on YouTube these days. Left arm straight, right arm tucked to your ribs, turn the ENTIRE body and arms at the same time. No chicken wings.
You're spot on there with the YouTube suggestion! Also, after I've put some time in, I can have my wife video me so I can see everything I'm doing wrong. Thanks for the suggestions! 🙂
Old December 22nd, 2023, 05:42 PM
Running On Empty

You're spot on there with the YouTube suggestion! Also, after I've put some time in, I can have my wife video me so I can see everything I'm doing wrong. Thanks for the suggestions! 🙂
I bring my iPhone, a roll of masking tape and a short 3' - 4' stick/pole, whatever to the driving range. Tape the iPhone to the stick and hit RECORD. You could tape your iPhone against the garage door, back door or whatever, as well.
Old December 22nd, 2023, 05:47 PM

I bring my iPhone, a roll of masking tape and a short 3' - 4' stick/pole, whatever to the driving range. Tape the iPhone to the stick and hit RECORD. You could tape your iPhone against the garage door, back door or whatever, as well.
Also great suggestions, thanks! 👍
Old December 23rd, 2023, 11:41 AM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Guess where I'm not. Got home from Mom's last night and went to hook up the trailer. Couldn't get the lights to work. Pulled up out of the brush I had backed into and suddenly the brake lights and turn signals worked. But no running lights. Nothing I did would make them work. And it was dark by this time so I couldn't do much. I'm going to look at them later, don't know what I'm gonna look at, but they need to work. I know how I'll get them to work, buy a new trailer.

So it is beautiful out and warmish. Worked on the bedroom at Mom's until I ran out of supplies. I am totally butchering this wall. Or at least it will look that way. Years ago my dog dug and chewed through the wall. When I started patching it, I saw that the wall is all wavy and there are places thick with compound and the corner was poorly done. The resulting fix isn't going to be pretty, but it will be smooth. Then I'm painting the room an awful shade of lavender and that will be that.

You know Jamesbo one time when I was in Pensacola we went to the Coffee Cup. It was not big and they had too many tables crammed into the place, and it was busy. There was a picture on the wall of the place that was taken in the 50s. It looked exactly the same except the cars out front were 50s cars.

Okay short break today, gonna go do something else. Look at the trailer. Dig around in the yard maybe. Hope everyone has a good day. T minus two and counting ho ho ho.

Old December 23rd, 2023, 12:36 PM

I had issues with the lights on my trailer a few years ago. Found the wires made electrical contact inside the light assembly by sliding the conductors into slits in metal tabs. How cheesy, and of course poor contact after several years. So I broke out the soldering iron and soldered all the conductors to those metal tabs.
Old December 23rd, 2023, 01:45 PM

Mike, maybe 20 years ago or so most the trucks got multiple fuse boxes, So if your trailer lights grounded out the trailer running lights fuse will blow. Allowing truck running lights to still work, while trailer lights won't. Had quite a hassle trying to get trailer lights working once cuz of that fuse blowing. I was used to the old way, where if fuse blew it all went out.
Old December 23rd, 2023, 04:02 PM
Running On Empty

43/40
Old December 23rd, 2023, 04:03 PM
Always room for one more

Greg my truck is 21 years old so it fits in with what you're saying. Tomorrow I'm going to hook up to a known good trailer(really this trailer is known good) and see if the problem follows. I don't recall seeing another fuse panel in my truck but there could be some inline fuses that I could check. I'm not a cone head so this sort of work really drags me down.

What a glorious day today. I'd say it was over 60. Nice and sunny. Hope it lasts awhile.

Jamesbo didn't you say today is Super Model's birthday? Hope her day was a success.

My neighbor a couple houses down has got his burn pit going full force. The whole neighborhood is hazy with smoke. Now when the dog goes out he'll come in smelling like smoke. If it was the idiot on the other side of me I'd call the fire department. No burning after dark. No heavy smoke in the neighborhood.

Old December 23rd, 2023, 04:47 PM

MIKE sorry wrong day
Old December 24th, 2023, 03:58 AM

Yeah if a '02 if prolly has another fuse box= up in kick panels or under hood- you have a owners manual?
Old December 24th, 2023, 06:42 AM

Good morning guys,

Gonna be partly sunny and 65° today, doesn’t hardly seem like Christmastime. However, my wife's been baking up a storm and wrapping presents so that's helped to set the mood.

We'll be running to 2 parties this afternoon and evening. First to my BIL's house and then to my youngest daughter's place. Looking forward to those. A quiet day at home with just Momma and I, and the pups tomorrow, which will be fun too.

It's a great group of guys that frequent this thread, and I wish all of you a safe and Happy Holiday Season! All of you bring a tremendous amount of joy to my life and I thank you all for that!