The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old April 10th, 2023, 04:07 PM
Running On Empty

I've always felt the creatures who regard The Masters (Augusta) as some sacrosanct golf entity all belong to the same circle-jerk sorority. They hide behind their supposed hallow walls & halls appearing once each year to gloat & reveal themselves as the pious deities for which they truly believe they are. Everyone one of them are **** knockers, IMO.
Old April 10th, 2023, 04:10 PM
Running On Empty

Jim - Ah, right-o, crumbled blue cheese I've never tried. It does sound more palatable that way. Good suggestion, I'll give it spin sometime. Thanks.
Old April 10th, 2023, 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by Vintage Chief
The weather was a tad gnarly in Augusta this weekend, eh? Good for Jon - he earned it. Surprised to see how well the LIV players performed. Between you, me & the fence post, regardless of controversy, I've never cared for Jay Monahan - he's always struck me as a rather contentious *****.
Norm - I agree, Rahm earned that win with good steady play and kept his nerves in check! I was thoroughly impressed with Mickelson's final round, especially at 50-years old, and totally disappointed by Koepka's collapse. Such is the way of golf!
Old April 10th, 2023, 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by Fun71
Aah, spring time. Sunshine and nice warm weather, right? You’d think hanging out on the patio would be so comfortable and relaxing.

Just not at my house.

That's just messed up, with a capital F!
Old April 10th, 2023, 04:22 PM

I've always felt the creatures who regard The Masters (Augusta) as some sacrosanct golf entity all belong to the same circle-jerk sorority. They hide behind their supposed hallow walls & halls appearing once each year to gloat & reveal themselves as the pious deities for which they truly believe they are. Everyone one of them are **** knockers, IMO.
Norm - I hear what you and Jim are saying and agree 100%. However, I still can't help but feel that the one place I would love to play above all other's is Augusta, such is the mystique for me.
Old April 10th, 2023, 04:27 PM
Running On Empty

I've been to Phoenix & many of the surrounding communities/areas numerous times for extended stays & I've always enjoyed the weather in both Arizona & New Mexico. I would almost consider it ideal if I didn't already (and still) hold Northern California with the highest regard for weather in North America.

For Kenneth, raised in Louisiana, I'd think Phoenix would be a relief at any temperature. Which is a decent segue for a question. Kenneth, are you Coonass?
Old April 10th, 2023, 04:35 PM

I would have thought one blade would be in the $1K range
$3k, used to be $4k, but they managed to get the cost down. Chris, I agree, but they are doing it more and more. They have 10 thousand employee's in Mexico. G.E. and Boeing will not allow the Leap blades to be made outside of the U.S. The feds won't allow any military blades to be made outside of the U.S. as well, which makes sense, otherwise we would have fewer employees', and they would have even more. Kenneth, too hot for me. we will be in the upper 60's-70ish through the end of the week, then it drops back into the 40's & 50's.
Old April 10th, 2023, 04:35 PM
Running On Empty

Chris - Hell yeah I'd love to play Augusta National Golf Course. I'd really love to play The Black Course @ Beth Page, NY. I've played it many times as a video game, maybe that should count? While we're on the subject, more or less, I get so sick of listening to people beat-down on Tiger Woods. If I could regurgitate at will, I'd go all Exorcist on each of them.
Old April 10th, 2023, 04:42 PM

For Kenneth, raised in Louisiana, I'd think Phoenix would be a relief at any temperature. Which is a decent segue for a question. Kenneth, are you Coonass?
Coonass, oui.
Does this feel better than the Louisiana coast?
I visited Mom one July 4 and everyone was complaining about the heat. It was only 96 which was 20 degrees cooler than Phoenix and didn’t really feel so bad.
Humidity sucks, have no doubts.
But 115+ degrees is brutal.

How did I survive elementary, middle, and high school with no air conditioning? One of the mysteries of life.

Last edited by Fun71; April 10th, 2023 at 04:49 PM.
Old April 10th, 2023, 04:46 PM
Running On Empty

Originally Posted by Fun71
Oui

Old April 11th, 2023, 04:48 AM

Norm, I just read Condi Rice shoots a 14 and her famous quote. If I get better from 100 yards in my handicap should plumet [Along with every other golfer in the world] Chris/ Norm, I like Couples, When he played at the Amex on my course he gave his shoes [name label inside] the the shoe shine boy Who promptly sold them for $$$$ Nice gesture
Old April 11th, 2023, 06:19 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

The day started out good, but now the robot is broke. It's the same problem that kept it down a week last time. Plant Maintenance says it will be down at least a week this time.

So I got the truck yesterday. I didn't have a ride so I went and paid them and took the truck and left the car, then the plan was to come back with the trailer and get the car. Went to hook up to the trailer and the crank thing broke, so it's permanently stuck amidship. No problem, I have a tow dolly. Took that over to get the car, promptly tore up the rubber valance attached to the bottom of the bumper. Plus the tires are too big for the straps that came with the dolly, so I was light footing it home. It's only two miles. The straps held good enough.

Got a couple chores to do after work. Tiger will be happy because now that the truck is back he can go with to Mom's. I brought the truck to work with me. The clutch is all wonky and it needs to adjust itself. But I'm glad he's back.

Think I'll go for a walk. Been sitting too long. Hope everyone enjoys your Tuesday.

Old April 11th, 2023, 06:38 AM
Always room for one more

Dan that's funny. How do people think they can steal something like that and it won't be noticed? Who is going to buy those off ebay? I didn't look at the whole auction, did they have any kind of paperwork? I seriously doubt any airline or engine manufacturer is going to look at those and say, gee, what a great deal we'll get those for our engines. But someone thought they would.

The weatherman is reneging on his forecast of no rain until Friday. We're supposed to get rain Thursday. I was going to take the rest of the week off to do yardwork, since it was going to be so nice, but no point if it's getting cut short.

Old April 11th, 2023, 10:05 AM
Running On Empty

I dove a couple pages deeper into that eBay website store selling the turbine blades...what I found was this:

THE BEST PLACE FOR ON LINE SHOOPING
Old April 11th, 2023, 11:12 AM

Shooping sounds like 50s drive-in theater, partially clothed, sex.
Old April 11th, 2023, 11:37 AM
Running On Empty

Gorgeous weather today might go shooping later on…
Old April 11th, 2023, 11:40 AM
Running On Empty

Jim- You’ve mentioned the Couples story before - I like Fred.
Old April 11th, 2023, 02:21 PM

Good afternoon guys,

Sunny and 80° right now at 4pm, just gorgeous!

Spent the afternoon wrenching on my Yamaha, oil/filter change. You'll see in the pic I have to ride it up on 2" x 10"s to get enough clearance for an oil pan because I don't have a lift, like someone I know (Norm). Kind of a long process for an oil change. There are 3 reservoirs that have to be drained, and 2 of the drain plugs are kind of a bitch to get to. After you have everything drained, and the new filter on, you have to fill the dry sump with 3qts, then run it for a minute to get oil into the other 2 reservoirs and the oil filter. Then go back and fill the dry sump with 3 more quarts, for a total of 6 quarts for a 1.9L motor. That's alot of damn oil for that size motor, but cycles do run high revs, and it's air cooled, although it does have a separate oil cooler.

Hope you all had a great day!

Seat is off because the dipstick/oil filler tube is under the seat.
Old April 11th, 2023, 03:27 PM
Running On Empty

Chris - You had just enough $$ to purchase one & one-eighth piece of drywall?
Old April 11th, 2023, 03:55 PM

Chris - You had just enough $$ to purchase one & one-eighth piece of drywall?
Norm - I guess I'm just tired and not getting the joke, plus I'm a little slow sometimes???
Old April 11th, 2023, 04:49 PM

That is a nice looking bike, Chris!
Old April 11th, 2023, 05:51 PM
Running On Empty

Originally Posted by Dream67Olds442
Norm - I guess I'm just tired and not getting the joke, plus I'm a little slow sometimes???
Most often a homeowner will "finish" a garage with drywall on the "entire" wall - not just one piece and another 1/8 piece. I can't explain the joke any better than that so I'll just leave it as it is. Not really much humor remains. Oh well.
Old April 11th, 2023, 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by Greg Rogers
That is a nice looking bike, Chris!
Thanks Greg, much appreciated! It's a 2010 Yamaha Stratoliner Deluxe, 25K-miles. I ride that bike the most, it's sportier, with several performance mods that make it extremely fast for the class of bike it is. That's why I have it set up in a solo configuration, but I do have the rear seat, passenger backrest and luggage rack for it.

When Dawn and I ride together we go on my other bike, a 2016 Indian Chieftain with 9K-miles. Being newer, it has many more creature comforts like heated seats, heated grips, cruise control, ABS, an awesome stereo, electronic adjustable windshield, and all types of on-board electronic monitoring like you find in modern cars. Riding the Yamaha is like being in a 4-4-2, riding the Indian is like being in a Ninety-eight. Here's a pic of the Indian if you've never seen it.

Old April 11th, 2023, 06:11 PM

Put chicken on the grill tonight, stepped away, forgot I left it on high. Came back several min later to a bad situation, grill was superheated and lots of fire. Got the gas off and tank away from it and realized that this reactor was melting down, so I put a kitchen extinguisher on it and got it down enough I could start working on it with water. Grill stand collapsed in the process and it was a plastic fire by then, so I hauled it apart from the stand and got them both put out. Salvaged the grates and the drip pan, then cleaned up the area. Eating pasta for dinner.
Old April 11th, 2023, 06:14 PM
Running On Empty

Originally Posted by Koda
Put chicken on the grill tonight, stepped away, forgot I left it on high. Came back several min later to a bad situation, grill was superheated and lots of fire. Got the gas off and tank away from it and realized that this reactor was melting down, so I put a kitchen extinguisher on it and got it down enough I could start working on it with water. Grill stand collapsed in the process and it was a plastic fire by then, so I hauled it apart from the stand and got them both put out. Salvaged the grates and the drip pan, then cleaned up the area. Eating pasta for dinner.
Now that's some funny **** right there.
Old April 11th, 2023, 06:18 PM

Most often a homeowner will "finish" a garage with drywall on the "entire" wall - not just one piece and another 1/8 piece. I can't explain the joke any better than that so I'll just leave it as it is. Not really much humor remains. Oh well.
I get it now, and see how odd it looks, now that you mention it. That's how the house came to me. Contractor only put in drywall where he was required to by Code, meaning covering areas where electrical has been run and outlets present. Just was never a priority for me to finish it, although lately I've been thinking about it, but want to put in a heat source and insulate the doors first.
Old April 11th, 2023, 06:26 PM

Put chicken on the grill tonight, stepped away, forgot I left it on high. Came back several min later to a bad situation, grill was superheated and lots of fire.
John - That's a scary frickin situation! Glad you're OK, and that nothing worse happened.
Old April 11th, 2023, 06:44 PM

I wouldn't put ANY dry wall in a garage [but that's just me]
Old April 11th, 2023, 08:49 PM
Running On Empty

Honestly, I wouldn't, as well; but, I was just trying to be funny - maybe not so much.
Old April 11th, 2023, 08:52 PM
Running On Empty

Although, you know what, Jim? I might not be so fast to say never. I would never put drywall in a garage on the coast of North Carolina with such high humidity & annual rainfall - unless, of course, the garage had a dehumidifier. Up where they speak Zamboni they don't get high humidity and rainfall.
Old April 12th, 2023, 03:35 AM

John, I sure am glad I never do stupid stuff [ or at least post it Norm Sorry I'm gonna stand by my statement and still say NEVER Nor would I go to the beautiful mountains and put a flat screen in my boat house [Like some of my complete idiot neighbors ]
Old April 12th, 2023, 03:43 AM
Running On Empty

Gorgeous weather. Tee-time 8:16am. Landscape mowing done late afternoon, yesterday. 1st mowing of the newly seeded area(s) - new grass was ~6"-8" tall.
Old April 12th, 2023, 03:45 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Gonna be a good day. I found a dollar in the parking lot when I was walking in.

Robot is still broke. My robot guy has vanished. The lead says if the robot breaks to get out the torque wrenches and do it by hand. No one ever does and the lead never takes it any further.

Jamesbo why wouldn't you put drywall up in the garage?

John is this the new grille you got last summer? You got security camera footage?

Well Happy Hump day everyone. I woke up this morning and couldn't decide if it were Wednesday or Thursday. Hm. Turns out it's Wednesday. Have a good day everyone.

Old April 12th, 2023, 04:16 AM
Running On Empty

Originally Posted by slantflat
You got security camera footage?

Old April 12th, 2023, 04:45 AM

Mike because of the moisture when you open the door. Its simply not made for that application
Old April 12th, 2023, 07:15 AM

Originally Posted by slantflat

John is this the new grille you got last summer? You got security camera footage?

No footage; no cameras. Couldn't put it up anyway as Norm would die of mirth.

My first grill at the house was a Coleman Roadtrip portable (gift). It lasted five years, and, started to run out of flame. Got a new, off brand hose and regulator and it really worked. So, last year, I was cooking chicken, and doing other things, and got a grease fire through some rusted out holes and figured I'd toss it. Got a new one for double the cost of the replacement one I bought my dad in 2016, and it did great, but, was starting to rust. I think this bootleg hose, and no water in the drip tray, combined with leaving it on high with fatty chicken, and using a portable grill as a permanent grill, made for a good fire. Those roadtrips are now 3x the 2016 price.

So, I am going to get a cheap non-portable today at Rural King for 1/3 the price and it should deal with grease better.
Old April 12th, 2023, 07:21 AM

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
Mike because of the moisture when you open the door. Its simply not made for that application
The issue is when you share walls with the house.
Old April 12th, 2023, 08:45 AM

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
I was wondering about that too. The rental house I lived in on the Texas Gulf Coast had drywall in the attached one car garage. From what I recall, the house was built in the 1950s, and I never noticed any issues with the drywall.

The issue is when you share walls with the house.
Can you expand on that?
Old April 12th, 2023, 10:11 AM
Always room for one more

Man I just haven't been feeling it today. Things are slow. The robot guy is only hooking up the air(actually nitrogen) and airing up the tires. He's not building any wheels. My wall guy is pinching wheels from the others but not with any regularity. I've reached the end of the internet several times. I'm so bored and I can hardly stay awake.

My neighbor built a garage and had the inside drywalled. That's as far as he went, never mudded the seams or painted. I guess he didn't want to see the insulation. I don't recall any problems, and the garage was built onto the front of the house. Maybe it takes a few years. Man I miss that guy.

This is the last nice day of the week, but I think after work I'm gonna stay in and do a couple things. I need to mow, but I can't find the gas can and the mower is quickly running out of gas. That's not something I usually lose. Hope nobody swiped it.

Old April 12th, 2023, 11:46 AM
Running On Empty

Here's one for y'all. I've never owned any brand of cooking grill other than Weber and the only Weber grills I've owned have all been kettle grills - all of them. In my lifetime I think I've owned five of the big kettle grills (I currently own two) and two of the smaller kettle grills (called a Smokey Joe).