The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old July 27th, 2012, 05:21 AM
Captain Starfire

Da' Starfire

Originally Posted by Allan R
Good Mawning Folks!
John - Not sure what green SF/white sides means? Single Family house? If that's what you mean - nope. The dorck lives down the cul-de-sac to the right. His name is LOSER.
Allan, No, I was referring to the '63 Starfire you said was so beautiful at the show; I saw the green one in your pic's w/ wide whitewalls.... was wondering if that's the one you were talkin' 'bout... If it is, it looks quite nice... Funny, I couldn't have really told you the difference b/w a '63 and a '64 until last year.

Looks like I picked up a nail or something in the left-rear of the Camry. Was practically flat when I went to leave work yesterday. Had to pay a buck to get air at a Shell station over here; but at least it's holding the air and we got home in one piece. So we're in the Fusion today (better half's car).

Y'all have a great day; looks like we might be in for a rounda' da' showers today. Cow let loose almost all da' way home yesterday. Grass is goin' crazy down here.
Old July 27th, 2012, 05:42 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

Happy Friday!! It's a little cloudy here - still tropical muggy. We had some storms come through last evening. Like the cow on the flat rock, lol. It came down so hard and fast, it was just running off and causing flooding. Water was coming in under the garage door when I was out cleaning Teepo. It rained for about 45 minutes or so then quit. We have storm chances this afternoon too, and they're saying maybe even rain in the morning. Long as it dries out by 1:00 tomorrow when I leave for that Solon show.....

This week went fast!!! It's been nice without Steve, lol.

Dan..... your car is just gorgeous!!!!!! More pics please, lol!! Teepo has that light package too. I like all those lights, lol. Her trunk light is missing - I don't know why someone would have taken it out. Her under the hood light doesn't work. But that's ok. All her inside lights work though.

Jamesbo.... the salad looks good! I sometimes order those - when I can chew, lol they come with the meat and stuff all mixed up with lettuce and cheese on top. I pick out the olives..... yucky!

Gotta go find Paul's pics. You all have a good Friday!
Old July 27th, 2012, 07:41 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Good Mawnin All

Another hot one ere. Copy & paste Last evening it was 99 with the heat index of 109

Originally Posted by CQR
Scot, I think we all do something stupid like following too closely every once in a while, But sometimes we're lucky and don't hit anything. It's all about growing up and learning. Hoods and radiators can be replaced, not so much when its our body parts.

Gonna go campin for a few days leaving in the a.m. have a great weekend all.
No doubt about that Clint. Good thing she's okay. Have fun camping

Originally Posted by 1969w3155
Camera is ready to go, here's some pics of my '71, which have made into a thread or two here. My '69 is rougher 'n sandpaper, and I currently do not have any digital pics of it. Somewhere there are photos which i would scan into my computer if i could remember where I put 'em
Love the '71 The Y60 convenience group with lamps and mirrors was only about $30-40 option back then and well worth it. My '72 has it.

Jamesbo that salad would be a great start for me to chow on

Well yall have a beautimus Friday and a safe weekend
Old July 27th, 2012, 08:06 AM

Dan..... your car is just gorgeous!!!!!! More pics please, lol!! Teepo has that light package too. I like all those lights, lol. Her trunk light is missing - I don't know why someone would have taken it out. Her under the hood light doesn't work. But that's ok. All her inside lights work though.

Check your underhood light with the headlights on, that's when it works. Thanks for the commments guys (and gal). My paint is "20 footer", and really could use a paint job.
Old July 27th, 2012, 10:32 AM
Just an Olds Guy

A TGIF Morning to You!!

Good things seem to be coming my way. The BIG moving van and crew of 5 showed up about an hour & half ago. Takes them about 45 minutes to park, open doors and start getting moving blankets, ramps, etc ready to go. So today is the day Mr. Wonderful hits de road! Love it. Was talking with some other neighbors last night and they (unknown to me till then) have been having a lot of 'words' with him and his son lately. I think EVERYONE is happy to see him go!

Jamesbo - Great score. Colorado Kool Aid? Zat sumpin like beer?

Clint - Have a great camping trip! From what you posted over the past while, sounds like you could use some time to yourself. You taking the Olds or the pickemup? BTW, much as I like your idea? He started the mower, tied down the safety handle and left. I wouldn't go on his property, period. Too risky considering his disposition. Most of us agree that if his house was on fire and we all had water bottles? We'd stand there and drink the water....I know that sounds mean, but this guy and his son could easily be another James Holmes. No need to provoke him - he has several high powered rifles I sure he's not afraid to use.

Dan - 20 footer? Hard to imagine. You keep it really well. X2 on the under hood light. I think the only ones that work without pulling out the light switch car are the glove box light, trunk light and acc map lights?

Sandy - glad you had a great time without Steve. Nice how that can just lift your spirits isn't it? Have fun at the Solon show.

John - I got some extra pics of that 63. You want to see them?

Hope it dries out a bit so I can cut my 5"+ grass
Old July 27th, 2012, 12:10 PM

Lethbridge update. The city is 90,000 not 9,000. We won our first game 20-0 and Josh got a few good tackles and two QB sacks. It's 32C so it's pretty hot. It's sunny today and will be another scorcher. They lit the flame last night and intoduced all the athletes. It should be something Josh will remember all his life.

Anyway, never did rent the Impala. Hopped in with another couple and "partied" in another hotel room until about midnight. Woke up to the free hotel breakfast but may hit IHOP tomorrow. Today we play another game in the round robin at 4:50 pm. We play a shotened version of 2 -15 minute halves (4 quarters of 7:30 each with a 2 minute break between halves). Wish us luck.
Old July 27th, 2012, 02:43 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Originally Posted by 442much
Lethbridge update. The city is 90,000 not 9,000.
Kinda wondered about that....

We won our first game 20-0
Congrats to him and the team. Hope they can keep it up.

Anyway, never did rent the Impala. Hopped in with another couple and "partied" in another hotel room until about midnight. Woke up to the free hotel breakfast
Gee you weren't kidding - you are cheap!

GOOD LUCK! Pass it along to the boys. And you're right. I think not only Josh, but ALL the players and families will remember this. Go figure, you guys are taking on this challenge at the same time London opens the 2012 Olympics.
Old July 27th, 2012, 06:18 PM

Morning all, beautiful weather here today which is a good thing as we are going to a friends wedding

I didn't mind bud when I was over last year, a lot cheaper then buying it here too. A sixer of most import beers cost you $20 around here

I finally got those carbs sorted Clint, turns out I was missing an air pressure line into them. Without the mods the bike runs a ram air setup with a separate line from the ram air to pressurise the fuel bowls. Need that otherwise the fuel doesn't flow properly. Sometimes I wonder why I modify things until I get it all right then I say to myself, that's why

It was good talking to you too Sandy, I also like your accent Hope you are able to get to another show or 2 this weekend

You sure know how to make a person hungry Jamesbo.

I have never had the pleasure of having to deal with a neighbour from hell before Allan. Glad he is leaving as your place doesn't need one. If I had a neighbour like that I would hardly notice them where I live. Google my place, 21 Quartz cl, Greenbank, QLD.

Happy hunting for better employment without an a@# for a boss Scot. You will get one in no time, if you can put up with post office c@*p you can put up with anything

Car is looking good Paul, have fun cruising. Hope your dad is feeling better too.

Well I am starting to get yelled at to get ready for this wedding, TTYL

Adrian
Old July 28th, 2012, 04:05 AM

Morning all, off to another car show, weather looks good, see ya!
Old July 28th, 2012, 06:32 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Good Saturday Mawnin All

Well more dog days of summer here, although we did get a good shower yesterday evening that cooled us off and it stayed overcast after that

Great news on the win Ken Tell the boys we said congrats and to keep up the good work Best of luck on the remaining games

Thanks Adrian, I know the right job will come along soon. I hope

Dan make sure you snap lots of pics for those of us that cannot attend. I can't speak for all, but I know Jamesbo and I enjoy browsing all the cars in the comfort of the A/C and the office chair

We have a bit more to do at the rental and it'll be shining like a brand new penny. Yall have a safe and wonderful weekend

Scot
Old July 28th, 2012, 08:22 AM

GTG de "Honey Do's" are kill'in me today
Old July 28th, 2012, 09:20 AM
Captain Starfire

Mornin', all -- made the noon cutoff by 45 minutes.

Lookin' a little overcast down here; they say 50%, but every day, it's pretty much same; scattered showers & sauna-hot.

It's oil change day for the commuter cars... get to use the lift -- woo hoo But first I gotta get that miserable flat fixed in the Camry so's I can drive it onto lift.

I still haven't hooked up the new shop air compressor, so I'm relegated to my dirt-cheap-o that sounds like Cosworth Indy V8. Gotta' wear the earplugs within 25'.

Allan, I appreciate the offer... it does look nice; I'm much more of a stock, AACA-kinda' look, myself; I'd be scrambling for a set of factory wheels and researching exactly how those WSWs should be; but to each his and her own.

Cheers & y'all have a great weekend. Gotta' get busy on the Johnny-Do's
Old July 28th, 2012, 09:48 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Good Morning (zzzz snort! gurgle)

Cool and overcast day here. Temps in the low 70's.

De big movin truck was here all day yesterday - 10 hours to load and off it went. Mr Dorck just hooked up to his boat an will be gone shortly. His wife is with him - she's really nice; I don't get how nice wimmen hook up with turds like him. I'll miss him as much as cold toilet seats and hemoroids. The did leave a huge pile of crap on the other neighbors lawn for trash day on Tues. That's how considerate they are.

John - if you pm me your home email, I can send you pics of that 63. I took more than a few and they'd take up a lot of space here. The one with the wide whitewalls was a super 88. I personally like the Starfire better. It was so nicely done, even under the hood.

Jamesbo - honey do's can be mitigated with some sugar and lovin.... But if dem are Honey - yu BETTER do. I get it.

Scot - hope the income from the rental will help to keep ya afloat till the 'wrongful dismissal' settlement comes in. The job will show up.

Adrian - it's weird getting used to you saying Good morning when it's night time here. So I'm guessing I should be saying, "Have a good evening, or sleep tight" right about now in oz?

Ken - time for another update. Only 1 more day of competition down there. BTW, are you checking out any of the local boneyards while you're there? I'm on the hunt for another 455/400 - but no rush.
Old July 28th, 2012, 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by Allan R
Kinda wondered about that....

Congrats to him and the team. Hope they can keep it up.

Gee you weren't kidding - you are cheap!

GOOD LUCK! Pass it along to the boys. And you're right. I think not only Josh, but ALL the players and families will remember this. Go figure, you guys are taking on this challenge at the same time London opens the 2012 Olympics.
Cheap? I was given the senior's dicount at a restaurant and was pissed because I'm vain, but happy because I am cheap......

Thanks. The boys played yesterday and won 10-0. Competition is getting tougher. Our defence held them off from the 4 yd line on first down. The other team went for it on 3rd down and goal, and we stopped them and took over the ball with 1.6 seconds left in the half. Offence was a little flat but we won and will have to pick it up today.

Edmonton and Calgary (both undefeated) play today. If we win today, we will be in the Gold medal game. First, thirty parents are going down to the Old Man river and renting inner tubes, will travel 5 miles down, will get a bar-b-que and then be driven back to the starting point all for $18 p/p.

Temp here will be 34C and the A/C's in the hotel have been on since we arrived so this river ride will be welcome.

Apparently Lethbridge (Fort Whoop-Up) was a fort built by Americans. When the Northwest Mounted Police (later RCMP) came to police the west and make sure Canadian law was being observed, they found what looked like an American flag. Today the flag of Lethbridge looks very similar to a US flag. When I get home, I'll post some pictures.

Anyway, enough of the history lesson. Have a good day everyone.
Old July 28th, 2012, 03:21 PM
Cutlass Lover

Afternoon all!

I'm at the Solon charity show. I was starting out the door at 1:15 when the cow on the flat rock arrived! It poured for 45 minutes. Sun came out then cloud's again. I had to wait until the roads dried up, so it was after 3 when I got here.

Not near as many cars here this year. Last year the place was packed. Maybe the weather kept them away, I don't know. I walked and took group pics of cars, singles of the Oldsmobiles. . I had me some pizza and lemonade and am just enjoying the sun, cars and music. Life is good!!!

Well I will check in later. Tomorrow is the Streetsboro Family Days show. I'm hoping to win the $2000 cash prize given by Don Sitts later today, lol. It would sure be nice!!!

Have a good evening all.
Old July 28th, 2012, 03:22 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Welp!

LOTS of lightning and thunder for over 3 hours. Then it poured. I'm never gonna get grass cut with all this water.

Ken - vain? I doubt it. If you were you would have driven the 442, parked it sideways in the parking stalls and made Karen drive down in her own car. 34? Glad I'm not there. The humidity here is sitting at 89% right now.

John - I sent ya another set of pics. The second ones were of a 62 Ninety Eight. Hope you enjoy them.

Jamesbo - nevva mind. Y'all prolly still doin hunny stuff....

Remember James down town Brown? I feel good na na na na na na, Like I knew I would, na na na na na na na. Dorck is GONE!! It's like the whole world just became a friendlier place to live in. I'm not a malevolent guy by nature, but I hope all his tires go flat, his engine craters, someone steals his boat and he gets a speeding ticket! Kay, got that shyte offa my chest. I'm good now.

One of de naybors down de street is getting der house re-shingled. Sounds like a flock of angry woodpeckers wit dem air nailers goin off in rapid fire succession. I shud go out der and light a string of firecrackers...
Old July 28th, 2012, 03:26 PM

Dan make sure you snap lots of pics for those of us that cannot attend
I posted pics of two car shows in General Discussions.
Old July 28th, 2012, 03:29 PM
Just an Olds Guy

2?? Gotta head back out there and find the second set! Only 'reviewed' the MI one. Looks like you had perfect weather for the show.
Old July 29th, 2012, 03:56 AM

Mawn'in all

A nuttter hot one dis mawn'in

Beagle form hell is ere wit stepson and his squeeze. I'm hid'in out so no one will find me.

Have a great day Olds friends
Old July 29th, 2012, 06:48 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Good Sunday Mawnin All

X2 on da nutter hot one

I think I'll break out the pressure washer and knock off the cobwebs from the rental today.

Good luck with the beetle bailey Jamesbo ARRRRROOOOOOO

Have a good Sunday all!
Old July 29th, 2012, 12:36 PM
Cutlass Lover

Afternoon All!

Hot and sunny here today. Temps in the 80's.

Well didn't win the money at Solon yesterday. Didn't win over at Streetsboro today either. This was an early show, from 9 - 1:00. So I got home after 2:00. Gives me some time to do some stuff here around the house that needs done, lol.

So..... Brian corners me again at 10 minutes till 5 on Friday cause Clay left early and it was just us two. He brings up the 'conversation' we had on Tuesday when he was wondering why I wasn't so friendly anymore. I told him to LET IT GO but he just friggin won't do it. Now he's all paranoid wondering if I told Houston about the texts he sent me..... I said "Brian, I'm not talking about it." He said "Well I just wonder if I should call Houston and tell them that you and I had a misunderstanding but it's all better now." I told him to do what he has to do, I'm not talking about it. He had nerve enough to say I 'misconstrued' his texts because I wasn't feeling good, etc...

So I typed up a nice email to the girl in HR who told me not to talk about any of this, and to let her know if I was hasseled, and I told her what was going on. I'm sure Brian will call someone down there to defend himself. It's always all about him. I told the girl that I don't want this turned around by him, that it's somehow all my fault and he is innocent. He sent ME the texts and I interpreted them the way I did, and that's it. He's paranoid and over thinking everything. He's been thinking about this since we talked on Tuesday!!!! My God - how **** is this guy?? I told the girl that when he calls, someone needs to tell him to leave me alone, that my conversations with Houston when I was off sick are none of his friggin business!!!!! I'm really tired of being hassled by him! I was willing to let the whole thing go, to get over my anger at him for the texts in my own way and time, but now he just won't let it go. So hopefully she can advise me how to get him to stop or something. He wasn't mean or anything, just friggin paranoid and wanting to make himself look good to Houston. I'm soooooooooo tired of him. That's my rant for the day, lol. I'm gonna talk to Steve and fill him in on all this in case Brian starts asking him things. I've never told him about the texts.

So you all have a great evening. I'll download pics from the shows later on or tomorrow.
Old July 29th, 2012, 02:51 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Sunday Afternoon to all you Olds fans

It's finally good to cut de grass - so it got done. Then I figured it was time to wash the wifes (not high) Saturn. Even pressure washed the engine bay. It's sparkly clean again. I have done that regularly since the day it was new. Makes working on stuff much easier.

Long as I had the pressure washer out I decided to do the siding on the house, then the driveway. Everything looks spanking clean and new again.

Jamesbo - did de beagle from hell find ya? Bestest way to not get found is hop in de car an go somewhere else..

Scot - Hmmm, you and I were on the same wavelength!

Ken - Update time on the Games???
Old July 29th, 2012, 03:05 PM

Holy Cannoli it's hot outside! I am fighting the heat trying to get this engine in the 'vert. I got the oil pan on this morning before my shirt was drenched and I felt an extreme urge to come inside.

Anyone wanna donate a garage A/C system to me?
Old July 29th, 2012, 05:11 PM
Just an Olds Guy

If I had one I would. You'll hate this: We're sitting at 78° with a gentle breeze. But with all the humidity it feels closer to 85. I already changed shirts 2 times and am working on my second set of shorts....More info there than you really need. Had to take a break and go lie down for 1/2 hour. I was feeling pretty woozy.
Old July 29th, 2012, 05:30 PM
"Car"mudgeon

Hopefully everything will be okay Sandy, just keep on keeping on and try to avoid confrontations.

Wish I could help you out Steve Houston is a bit too far for my help. Depending on square footage and a good load calculation, you could probably go with a mini-split system that would do the trick. I know they are widely used here in attached garages, sun rooms and they are even utilized over in Afghanistan by our guys and work really well if they are sized correctly.

I guess Jamesbo is still hidin?

Allan I got the grass cut as well today and sprayed off the exterior of the rental house. After that I jumped in the pool with the youngest daughter and we swam until it was time to fire up the grill.

Dan I'll be sure to check those pics out

Well yall have a good Sunday evening, I'm plumb tuckered out after all of the festivities
Old July 29th, 2012, 05:34 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Scot - I envy you having a pool to jump into. I know what you mean about being plumb tuckered out...

Jamesbo - c'mon out an play. Hidin times over.....
Old July 29th, 2012, 06:33 PM

Started the day out with some blueberry pancakes, just what a Michigan boy needs, and finished with grilled center cut pork chops, some sweet corn 'n beer. In between, not much...hey those cars shows wear ya out! In the next three weeks there will be consecutive car shows in the area, not sure if I can make them all, will try to drag my best bud and his Olds to them. Aug. 4th, The Red Barns Spectacular, at the Gilmore Car Museum in Hickory Corners, Mi. (NE of Kalamazoo), followed by the Del Shannon Memorial Car Show, in Coopersville, Mi. (Where he was born), then Back To The Bricks, in Flint. I will try to take the '71 to the first two, if it hasn't sold by then, and we will take a daily driver to Flint. Well, I suppose I could throw a load of towels into the wash!
Old July 29th, 2012, 07:53 PM
Always room for one more

Hey everybody.

Just got home a little bit ago from Ohio. The computer at the hotel went Tango Uniform and they never did fix it. Eh, I had better things to do than sit on a computer in a hotel lobby.

Had a great time. Got lots of rides, was in a parade, saw fireworks, loads of fun. I'll see about some pictures when everyone posts theirs. I never take any of my own, I always forget my camera.

Sat in an hour and a half of construction traffic in Kentucky this afternoon, so the whole trip took me about 10 hours. That is too long to be confined to an itty bitty car. I stopped a couple times but I just wanted to get home. Everything seems to be good here, and I'll get the dogs in the morning.

I'll catch up with CO at some point. Seven pages of stuff I haven't seen. Wow. Got to get out of Amphi mode first or I'll be thinking someone's Super 88 will be floating.

It's just about bedtime. I'm wacked. Hope everyone had a good weekend. Glad to be home.
Old July 29th, 2012, 08:20 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Originally Posted by 1969w3155
I will try to take the '71 to the first two, if it hasn't sold by then, and we will take a daily driver to Flint.
Say what?? You're selling it? Why?

Mike - Welcome home. I hate sitting in construction too. Better construction though than a big pileup. You know your pups will be glad to see you
Old July 29th, 2012, 10:44 PM

I would like to start working on the '69. The '71 just seems to attract tire kickers though, so who knows.
Old July 30th, 2012, 04:30 AM

Mawn'in all

Hot and dry.

Des weekends wear me out. I didn't do nutt'in but follow directions and cook fer de kids. and listen to 2 Beagles howl at cats and cats swipe at beagles dat ain't go enough sense to get outa shower of $hit. Phewwwwwwwwww, Glad dat's over.

But now all de werk is done and it's Monday and de Super model has to go to werk so dar's no one to boss me around.

Today, I get to go smack whitey 'round and drink beer.

Sandy, I feel fer ya, Office dramas are a PITA. I had 2 secretaries get in a fight one day over whose park'in spot was whose.

A friend of mine said yesterday, " I think we ought let gays get married so they can be miserable like de rest of us"

Have a great week Olds friends.
Old July 30th, 2012, 06:47 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

It's sunny and warm here. Supposed to get more humid today and tomorrow as we have rain heading towards us, they say.

I'm leaving today at 2:15. I made an appointment to see a urologist in Ravenna. I just want to talk to him and see if he tells me the same thing that Dr. cha ching Banks is telling me. It's worth the $40 co-pay to find out, in my mind. Hopefully he won't charge me a 'consultation' fee that my insurance won't pay......

Jamesbo...... I have never worked with anyone like Brian before in my life!!!!!! I've never had anyone just badger me to death because they are paranoid of things I might or might not have said! I've worked with people that I just plain didn't get along with, but it never affected our working relationship. I sent the email to Houston - hopefully she can give me some tips on how to handle this. And I didn't tell him I'm going to the doctor later either. It's on the calendar and I told Steve.
Glad you survived the beagle's visit..... Enjoy your golfing today.

Gonna be a long day. Very quiet in here. Even Steve's people are quiet and I figured they'd be calling since he's back today.

Well have a great Monday all.
Old July 30th, 2012, 07:05 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Good Monday Mawnin All

Allan you wouldn't envy me if you only knew how much $ they are to maintain and how much work goes into keeping the water just right. I think it is well worth it in the long run but they are a PITA to get going and keep up.

Jamesbo do people still yell "FORE!" when they're playing golf? Or is that just for "The Three Stooges"?

Sandy maybe the main office will have some insight on what to do with Flying Brian.

Mike glad you had a great time in Ohi'er, too bad you couldn't meet Sandy whilst you were there. It would be neat to see an Amphicar with 88 trim on it How about a Nash Metropolitan? Kinda looks photoshopped

Well yall have a great Monday and stay cool!

Scot
Old July 30th, 2012, 09:08 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Top of the Day to all you fine folks,

Round about 4:30 de cow came for a visit. She started off with a light show that would have made Led Zepplin jealous, and then she had the lead Drummer from Styx pound out some real cool tunes. Den she let go for about 20 minutes. Cool mini concert. Shoulda taken pics - light show was that good.

Scot - My cousin in Surrey has a pool. Was visiting last year when he was doing the liner replacement. One of the contractors broke the retracting cover mech and track so he got that all replaced for free. The liner was custom fit and the vendor screwed up the measurements so he got another one - free! (The liner was over $5K!!) Once all the mtce and repairs were done it took 2 days to fill and another 3 to get the temp and water ph just right. His pool is 30' X 12' and has a 10' deep end. Glad he works for Microsoft - I would prolly have to float a loan to do that fix.

Sandy - Good luck with the results from HR. Just ignore Brian as much as you can.

Jamesbo - Yay! anuther weekend survived? Have fun whackin whitey! Have more fun drinkin de beer

Dan - Ya know we'll be wanting to see the 69 build as it goes.

Shaping up to be a beautiful day here. Nice and quiet. Sun's out, blue sky and forecast high of 82 with humidex making it feel more like 90. Good day to go for a walk or a bike ride.
Old July 30th, 2012, 10:24 AM
Always room for one more

And the rest of the day to you, Allan!

Beautiful day here, not too hot or humid. Just got back from picking up the dogs. They are glad to be home as well, and we've been out playing in the back yard.

Scot how funny about that picture. I know this gal up in MN that's part of the Met club, and she says every time they have a meet, someone will ask, is that the car that floats? If you could email me that picture I'll PM you my email.

Sandy good luck at the doc. Maybe you could make something up that looks like you really slammed Brian to HR and get him all freaked out. He's another candidate for pizza and taxis all night long.

Glad you made it through the weekend Jamesbo. Your golf game is well-deserved relaxation. And if you do poorly, then the koolaid is the relaxation.

Got some yard work to do this afternoon, then it's Summit tonight. It will seem strange to see cars without propellors on them.
Old July 30th, 2012, 11:06 AM

Well the games are over, and we came up short being on the losing end of a 22-21 game. But it was a really good experience for the boys and Karen and I had fun partying with the other parents. We feel a little guilty because we may have had more fun than the kids.

Here are a few shots....

From right to left: The Canadian flag, the Alberta flag, the City of Lethbridge flag and games flags...Lethbridge's city flag is a modified US flag due to its history (just like Newfoundland's flag is a modified British flag)

Josh started off with a few sacks, and tackles... number 21

One guy got through on the opposite side of Josh and had about a 20 foot head start to our goal line with no one in front of him. The coach told us "Josh just would not quit".

Closing the gap

Opps, get out of the way ref...

bring 'em all down... Josh said he didn't remember the ref being there...

Josh and his proud mom (Karen)

All in all it was fun for the boys even though we "missed it by that much". One boy had a "tantrum" and we got penalized 30 yards and that's what killed us. To the boys' credit, no one ever bought it up or said anything to him, but he was the one bawling his eyes out so he knew. However the way we look at it is that "we win as a team, we loose as a team" and even thought this team is used to winning, a loss will show what character they have and how they rebound...it's a life experience I think.

Now in August, we'll start training camp and face our former team mates in high school football and the in the fall. Dang, this game is exciting. Sorry for hijacking the thread...

Last edited by 442much; July 30th, 2012 at 12:13 PM.
Old July 30th, 2012, 11:32 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Mike - Ya remembered. Good for you. Whattaya mean its gonna look funny to see cars without propellers? Have a look at this one:

or this:

But I really think you want one of these:

Ken - So a good time was had by all, no matter what the outcome. Great job capturing that last tackle.
However the way we look at it is that "we win as a team, we loose as a team" and even thought this team is used to winning, a loss will show what character they have and how they rebound...it's a life experience I think
So very true. When I curl we win as a team and lose if the skip screws up

And what's this nonsense about jacking the thread to show off how proud you are of your son? Wash yer mouth out with bourbon....
Old July 30th, 2012, 11:53 AM

Scot, Ya could yell "FORE" but it looks like de alamo out dare so Cuidado is mor understandable

Josh, looks like he's got the speed of Neon Deon Sanders.

I wanta ma amphi
Old July 30th, 2012, 11:57 AM
"Car"mudgeon

No doubt Ken y'all should be proud Josh was all over the place I like the shot of him taking out the ref and the chain gang

Hey Allan pass the bourbon
Old July 30th, 2012, 12:10 PM
"Car"mudgeon

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
Scot, Ya could yell "FORE" but it looks like de alamo out dare so Cuidado is mor understandable
Como estad? Pasar el bourbon por favor
Originally Posted by Jamesbo
Josh, looks like he's got the speed of Neon Deon Sanders.
For sure and a bit of L.T. with the tackling.