The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old August 5th, 2012, 11:46 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Yes Mike I did it here

It is a website that lets you cartoonize any picture. I think the coupe came out better because of the colors. Here is a bigger pic

And yep it's been storming off and on all day With more to come. The good thing is that the cast of Spartacus has been coming in waves and not all at once.
Old August 5th, 2012, 12:33 PM

Scot, that is so cool. I did one of my car and it looks like a painting! Thanks.

Attachment 175070
Old August 5th, 2012, 12:50 PM
"Car"mudgeon

Way cool Ken!
Old August 5th, 2012, 01:35 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Sunday is ALWAYS a good day to spend taking it easy. Good thing there are so many Sunday's in my life!

Scot - I saw those images in your signature line and wondered where you got them. I had to try them out; here's what my car looks like 'cartoonized' - looks like it has an 'aura' around it.

Old August 5th, 2012, 01:44 PM
"Car"mudgeon

Pretty neat Allan
Old August 5th, 2012, 04:43 PM

Udo, I'm starting to think that you have more American cars in Germany that we do here! thanks for posting.
Old August 5th, 2012, 04:52 PM

I saw a 71 that had Muskegon on the card, must have been yours.
If it was this car, then it was me. Sorry that we didn't run into each other. The '69 in my avatar is my long term project.
Old August 5th, 2012, 05:14 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Dan your car looks awesome cartoonized. Just havin some fun with that new tool Scot shared....

Old August 5th, 2012, 05:39 PM

Me too! Thanks Scott!

Old August 5th, 2012, 06:13 PM

Dan your car looks awesome cartoonized
Ya beat me to it! I did it, and downloaded, I'll fiddle around some more. The pics that AH64Pilot did look great, especially the 3/4 front view.
Old August 5th, 2012, 06:18 PM
Cutlass Lover

Evening All!

Busy weekend on here! I didn't go to any shows today. Jamesbo cursed us, lol. It was sprinkling rain early morning, but it was dark clouds most of the day with the sun peeking out every once in a while until late this afternoon. Didn't know what it was gonna do today.

So I ended up cleaning the house. God it looks so much better without almost a month's worth of dust on everything! The only thing I didn't do was mop the kitchen/dining room floor. Not enough energy for that. Did the bathroom ones though.

Nicole stuck around all day today too. It was nice having her here. I enjoyed it, even if I didn't see her all the time. She was out late last night after Twins Days and wasn't here when I went to bed. Charlie texted her this afternoon all mad cause she didn't let him know she wasn't going home last night, and he was up all night worrying about her. I sure hope he doesn't keep her up all night fighting tonight. She has to be at school in the morning.

Scot... I like those new pics! Pretty neat. Thanks for your recipe. Larry makes a good beef stew. He made a roast today. It was sooo good and tender.

Paul.... congrats on racing the Delta, lol. I hope you figure out the problem with the Cutlass.

Mike.... We do have a ton of shows and cruise in's around. For being in the rust belt, there's a lot of classic cars in Ohio. We were just talking about that at Bellacinos the other night. One guy had some family here from North Carolina or somewhere, and they were amazed at our shows, as they don't have them like we do. Maybe a big one once a year or something. I just thought it was the norm all over. Guess I was wrong. I'd hate to live somewhere that didn't have cruise in's every night and shows every weekend.

I hate it that it's getting dark earlier now. I've really noticed it the last few weeks. The weather guy showed where we've lost about an hour of daylight since June 20th. I know the deck is in the shadows now when I get home from work. It sucks.

Larry has the yard all graded now, back to the garage. I gotta call and price gravel. We need lots of it.

I got the bill yesterday from my last ER trip to Ahuja on June 29th. Almost $14,000.00!!! I only have to pay $150 - that's our co-pay for an Emergency Room trip. So I'm happy about that part. Sure wish this whole thing was over with.

Well I better get my stuff gathered up for work tomorrow. Weekend sure went fast. It will be nice without Brian....

Have a great evening all.
Old August 5th, 2012, 07:22 PM
Always room for one more

Evening all.

I tried to do some cartoon pictures but I didn't have any on a disc or with a URL. Oh well, I'll live vicariously. They all look great.

Got the oil changed in the Cadillac today. I now know that an Olds 307 will run on three quarts of oil. I knew it was low, just not that low. It ran smooth and without any bad noises. Changed the filters and greased it also. Now that car is done until next summer.

The cow never showed today so if it stays nice tomorrow I'm going to pull apart. Got some errands to run as well. Hope I can get a lot done before Wednesday because I've only got three days off next week and two of them will be spent in Florida.

Well the dogs are in need of a snack, so that will be it for me this evening. Scot I hope your shindig went well. See you guys tomorrow.
Old August 5th, 2012, 09:16 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Hey Mike, you don't have to have the pics on disc. You can browse to "My Pictures" and upload from there too.

Nice cool evening here, just can't go out and enjoy it - all the nasty gov't skeeters are out there waiting to get their pint of blood. Supposed to be a 60% chance of T storms later tonight.

Well Ciau for Niau!
Old August 6th, 2012, 04:10 AM

Mawn'in all

Welp, It's Monday so guess what? Hope de cow don't show up til dis afternoon.

Mike, Mater pie is kinda like a deep dis pizza with raw peeled tomatoes, bacon, mayo and cheese. [Never mind dat's not like a pizza at all]

Scot, Dat Beef stew sounds yummy. But I'm wit you. It's better on a cold dank winter day.

Sandy, Sorry 'bout de rain but glad cha got de house cleaned up. I wish rain would motivate my Super model.

GTG

Have a great day Olds friends
Old August 6th, 2012, 04:21 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Good Monday Mawnin All

Wow Steve that looks awesome right there

Sandy are you stirring up trouble up there? Just kidding LOL, it wasn't you but your Chick-Fil-A was closed. Some people on this site have nothing better to do than ruin it for everybody Oh well I enjoyed the pictures anyway

Well I'll be right back gotta get the youngest to school
Old August 6th, 2012, 04:55 AM
CQR

Mornin all. The cruise was hot, and the not much excitement on the car front. I did get Brittney hand glazed before we went. She sure did need it. Did lots of cleaning from the camping trip yesterday. the Toyhauler was a disaster. Not sure, but I thinkn my pressure washer is about to give up the Ghost. Starting to sound a little funny, and I know those cheap little 'Honda' motors are good for throwing a valve right through the head I think when it craps out, Ima gonna get me an Electric one.

Well the Missus is heading to Portland tomorrow in search of the elusive tightly bound cubes of vegetation. Pretty sad that we can have it bought and shipped from Oregon cheaper than what they are selling it for here.

I sure like the cartoon pics you all have done. Looks pretty neat.
This little guy was having a ball at the cruise. He sure like to ride that motorcycle.
Attachment 175052

Looks like were stuck in a 90F rut for most of the week. have a great day all.
Old August 6th, 2012, 05:19 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Clint I know what you mean about those Honda engines. I have a brand new pressure washer and it had about 4 hrs on it when I put it up. I stored it without any gas in it and she wouldn't even crank. So I had to take the carb completely apart and clean it out with carb cleaner before it would run. It turns out there was a very little bit of scale build up in the main jet.

I never had that problem with Briggs & Stratton. Squirt a little ether after sitting a bit and voila they take right off. But not a Honda

Cool pic of that Jerk Russell with the little helmet and goggles

Mike the shindig went well and without a hitch. The cow moved out in time to cook 10 steaks on the grille. Now the kicker is that Tuesday I have to take the 15 y/o to get her learner's permit So if anyone is down this way STAY OFF THE SIDEWALKS and you'll be okay
Old August 6th, 2012, 05:55 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

Sunny and much drier air here this morning. It was in the 50's earlier, and only supposed to be around 78 today. I should have shut off the AC at home and opened the windows, but I forgot in the Monday morning rush, lol.

Sooooooo nice and quiet without Brian here talking, moaning, groaning, and complaining!!! I'm a gonna love it!!

I'm heading to Ravenna after work to take Lin shopping. It's gonna be a late night.

I'm sooooo proud today! Nicole started her Veterinary Assistant class! Hopefully she is on her way to a good future in the next 10 months and will get her shi* together, lol. Oh I can't wait to see her graduate next May!! I thought I was excited when she graduated high school, lol.

So they closed my thread, huh? I havent looked. Will have to do that. It was not my intention to get panties in a bunch over politics, but I should have known. That's whats wrong - people just don't let anything go..... I apologize for starting a political debate.

I brought in some cherry maters for Steve and Clay today. I'm getting more than I can eat now. Larry isn't a big mater eater like I am.

Clint.... glad you had a good time!

Well you all have a great day.
Old August 6th, 2012, 07:04 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Overcast here this morning as it rained earlier. The only reason I know this is because the dogs were nice enough to wake me up prior to 6am to tell me.

Sandy you're just a rebel-rouser. You should have known that posting pictures of a car show at a chicken place would erupt into vicious political battles

Got some errands to run this morning. Hopefully it clears up and is nice today, I'd love to take in the junkyard but that place is no fun in the rain.

I found this amusing. I'm supposed to fly up to Chicago and drive a Uhaul truck for my sister to Destin, Florida. She called last night and said I didn't need to come up because she would just drive the truck herself. I said, do you know how to drive a truck? She said no. I said, have you ever driven a truck? She said no how hard could it be. I said it isn't hard but it's bigger than a car and you have to judge accordingly. She said she's afraid to back up. I said, well, it's only a 16 hour trip you should be okay. She said, I'll call you back, I may have to rethink this.

Okay here I go! Check you all later.
Old August 6th, 2012, 07:45 AM

Morning all....

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you Scot...

Nice Monday and good start in the week....

Udo
Old August 6th, 2012, 08:14 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Schweeeettt pic Udo It looks like the cartoonize is a hit
Old August 6th, 2012, 01:00 PM

Whew it was so hot on de course today. I saw a squirel soak'in sum nuts in Gatoraide.
Old August 6th, 2012, 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
Whew it was so hot on de course today. I saw a squirel soak'in sum nuts in Gatoraide.
Well Jamesbo, it's hot here too. It is so hot, I saw a fire hydrant flagging down a dog for relief.
Old August 6th, 2012, 01:44 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Ok you started it...

It's so hot today..

the National Weather Service has issued a fat guy in tank top warning....

I just saw a chicken lay a boiled egg....

You break a sweat the instant you step outside at 7:30 a.m.

In Virginia, Cavaliers fans took the bags off their heads

and BEST for last

Two young women were out walking in the country on a hot summer’s day when they saw a beautiful lake close to the road.
‘It’s so hot! Let’s go for a swim in that lake to cool down!’ suggested the first woman.
‘But we haven’t got any swimming things to put on,’ said the other, ‘ We can’t swim naked!’
‘Oh, don’t worry about that!’ reassured the first woman, ‘ There’s nobody here to see us.’
So they took off all their clothes and got into the lovely cool water for a swim.
After only a few minutes they noticed a farmer walking towards the lake carrying a large bucket.
‘Are you here to ask us to get out of the lake?’ the first woman asked.
‘I think he’s here to look at us!’ said the second woman.
The old farmer frowned and held up the bucket for them to see.
‘No, I’m not here to tell you to get out of the lake and I didn’t come here to watch you ladies swim naked.’ he replied. ‘I’m just here to feed the alligator.
Old August 6th, 2012, 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by CQR
Well the Missus is heading to Portland tomorrow in search of the elusive tightly bound cubes of vegetation. Pretty sad that we can have it bought and shipped from Oregon cheaper than what they are selling it for here.
You know, this sounds an awful lot like, well, you know
Old August 6th, 2012, 03:46 PM
Just an Olds Guy

cubes of vegetation??? What the heck kind of veggie comes tightly bound in cubes??
Old August 6th, 2012, 03:58 PM
CQR

My Brides work truck Allan
Attachment 175047
Old August 6th, 2012, 04:01 PM
"Car"mudgeon

Allan Clint needs hay fer his farm aminals and Steve was referring to, well, an illegal green leafy substance that comes into the country via el mehico in bales
Old August 6th, 2012, 04:02 PM
"Car"mudgeon

Originally Posted by CQR
My Brides work truck Allan
Now that's a work truck
Old August 6th, 2012, 05:05 PM

Here's a picture from Friday night's fun.

Attachment 175046

Today was a holiday in Ontario (most provinces as well?) so I took advantage to work on the overheating issue with the Cutlass. After working on it, I took it for a testdrive, and it never went above 180F unless I was at a stop light. So it looks like either a bad thermostat or rad cap (borrowed the one from the Delta for the test drive) was the problem.

While I was out, I stopped by a friends house, and mentioned the fact the wipers are not working. To make it short, they do now (he found a disconnected wire I had not seen).

Nice work truck Clint.

Good ones Allan, Ken and Jamesbo.

Steve, I really like the pic of you doing a burnout.

Udo, thanks for the car show pictures.

Hope you all have a great week.
Old August 6th, 2012, 05:49 PM
Always room for one more

---My Brides work truck---

Chicks in trucks, wayyy cool.
Old August 6th, 2012, 05:54 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Evening all,
I know that it's not as hot up here as you guys have had for the last while, but the heat is making me sick, literally. I go for my morning walk then water the grass and garden. After that I pretty much have to stay inside or get heat stroke. It's not pleasant. With the humidex it's worse. I'm seriously thinking of getting AC installed in the house.

Clint - ah, that makes way more sense. Can't get it locally because of the drought conditions. Is hay at a premium $$ now? That load looks like 30 tons or so. Should keep the animals happy for the winter.

Paul - glad you found the problem with both the issues. I run my Tstat at 195° all the time. Doesn't seem to be a problem. Great cartoonized pic of the Delta!

Darn - it's even hot in the house even with the fans going. Might have to go take a cold shower and hang out in the basement till it cools down. We're under a thunderstorm watch right now and all heck is supposed to bust loose sometime after dark. Could be a really cool light show..
Old August 6th, 2012, 07:01 PM
Always room for one more

Evening all.

Summit was a bust tonight. There was a cruise, but only about 50 cars. McDonough needs to take a lesson from Twinsburg about car shows.

Well I went to look at the smashed F85, and sadly it didn't follow me home. It actually didn't look too bad. The three non-smashed doors looked good, the body was fair to pretty fair, not too much rust in the floor, and as bad as the front looked the frame or suspension wasn't bent. It started right up. The radiator and the master cylinder were dry. The power steering was bent(part of the fender incident). Evidently the trans is okay because he said the tree was doing about 50 when it jumped out in front of him. AC had all its parts. Neat little V8 emblems on the fenders. It's got enough good things about it not to send it to F85 heaven, but enough wrong with it to really not mess with it. I'd say its worth little more than scrap, but with all the brothers out there I wasn't about to offer 600 less than the 1000 he wanted. Heck, I don't even know what I'd do with it, but I'd just hate to see it scrapped.

Allan you don't have AC in the house? Do you have 10ft ceilings? No need to cook yourself. Maybe the storm later will cool things down.

Cubed bales of vegetation? That must be an alternative definition of "Rocky Mountain High." Sorry, couldn't resist. Actually, I can't believe someone didn't beat me to it. Clint I hope your wife has a safe trip.

Okay here's a question. I spent a couple hours in the junkyard today. I saw several Oldsmobiles that had their owners books and stuff still in the nice little jacket. Is this stuff worth bringing home? It might look neat to have a vintage owners manual in one of these 80s or 90s jackets. What about the books themselves? Anybody collect 80s or 90s stuff yet?

Awful house starts the day tomorrow. Don't know what else I'll do but maybe I'll have a little fun. Hope everyone has a good evening.
Old August 6th, 2012, 08:14 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Hey Mike,
Nope no AC and no 10 foot ceilings either. The 10 ft ceilings would be really nice but I didn't know how to read blue prints back when we spec'd the house, or I would have done a lot different.

If those cars still have complete manuals and stuff? Heck they sell on epay for around 10-15 each. Worth collecting I'd say. What kind of Olds were in the boneyard? Anything older or was it mostly 90's and 2000+. I check the local boneyard from home every week to see if their inventory includes anything from the 60,70 or 80's. Kind of nice to have that now. In the old days it was pretty much wander the rows till you found something.

It's starting to cool down a bit now that the sun's down. Not much breeze but there are plenty of skeeters out so can't go out without being eaten alive. I tried burning citronella to keep them away but I guess I must need 4 gallons to make it work.

Have a great morning at Awful House!
Old August 6th, 2012, 10:50 PM

Originally Posted by Allan R
I tried burning citronella to keep them away...
Allan, try burning the wicked step mother and evil sisters first.

My house came with central air. Of course it crapped out last year. So it's all roughed in but, on guy wants $6k to change out the compressor and he says he has to start all over because the refrigerant that was used is now banned and the new stuff will eat any seals that are still good. Karen wants it so it will probably get done....but I'll get a few estimates first. Should be ready for the cold snap next summer.
Old August 7th, 2012, 04:31 AM

Mawn'in all

Anutter hot one wit a chance of afternoon thunderboomers.

Sandy's " Chic fil a" thread got close? Sho am glad de mods don't read dis one

I am so glad I don't own cows anymore I don't know what to do. Hay, hay and more hay all winter long. I especially miss putt'in out hay in de rain when de tractor tires sling mud all over ya.

Ken, Scot is an HVAC guru, He helped me out alot when my 3rd compressor went TU in 3 years.

Mike, Wit all due repsect, Have you considered Cars annonymous? I've lost count of how many ya gots.

Sandy, Chop up sum bacon an green onions, mix in sum mayo and stuff sum of dem cherry maters wit it. Yummy

GTG finish de-fish' de den and ripp'in down grass cloth. May de cat will lend a hand.

Have a great day Olds friends.
Old August 7th, 2012, 04:49 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Good Mawnin All

More rain forecast for today, yesterday we received about 1/2". I guess it's some kind of tropical system moving through

Paul that's a pretty cool looking pic of the Delta in action.

Jamesbo well other than being a scorcher yesterday, how'd ya do?

Allan I'm not sure if you have central heating or ??? But if you do have central heating then adding A/C isn't that big of a job. Let's see you need the evaporator coil, refrigerant lines, new t-stat, electrical circuit for the outdoor unit and rewire your furnace/boiler.

Well yall have a wondermous Tuesday out there
Old August 7th, 2012, 04:54 AM

Scot, Worst round in years. played like a Goat
Old August 7th, 2012, 05:23 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Sorry to hear that Jamesbo That beagle must still have your nerves rattled.
Old August 7th, 2012, 05:26 AM

Originally Posted by GAOldsman
Sorry to hear that Jamesbo That beagle must still have your nerves rattled.
Not sure. Coulda been de bev cart girl's caboose.