The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old July 7th, 2012, 08:15 AM

Scot,

I'm so sorry for your loss.

My Grandfather was my best friend. Taught me how to hunt, fish and keep my mouth shut 'round de women folk [almost] I was named after him and still shoot his old model 12.

They say, grand parents and grand children are so close 'cuase de have a common enemy.
Old July 7th, 2012, 09:03 AM

My condolences.
Old July 7th, 2012, 09:20 AM
Always room for one more

Scot I'm so sorry.
Old July 7th, 2012, 10:37 AM
CQR

My Sympathies Scot.
Old July 7th, 2012, 12:13 PM
"Car"mudgeon

Thanks all for the condolences. We knew it was coming from his congestive heart failure he was dealing with. And smoking since he was 12 didn't help any. But heck at 87 and to have done all the things he has done, I don't think anyone could've had a fuller life.

I think I've mentioned it before but he grew up near Montrose, CO and raised as a cowboy. He was in the Battle of the Bulge, D-Day and climbed trees in Occupied France running communication cables for the Allies. Definitely my hero for sure.
Old July 7th, 2012, 02:40 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Happy Saturday all,

Up here it's gorgeous. 78° and gentle breeze - on it's way to about 85.

Scot - my condolences to you and family. Place a flower on his casket for me please.

Jamesbo - yer a dern forener?? Hmmm. Flat iznt bout yer tire, it's where ya live. Boot iszn't wut ya wear in de winter - it's de trunk of de car. A Panel beater iznt an ol jalopy ya buyz fer beatin around in - it's de guy who fixes carz in de body shop. Stromberg shud be de name of a beer, not a carburetor. Tyre is fur fokes what cant spell Tire. If you knock up yer girlfriend its not so bad cuz all dat meens is you knock on her door in de mawnin to wake her..

Clint - Naw I don't have to tell them. If they abuse the good neighbor policy they're no longer good neighbors. So a kick in de **** may be warranted.

Was purty busy wit chores here dis mawnin. Got the shoppin done early before it got warm. Watered and weeded the lawn, garden and flowers. Am lookin after one of de neighbors yards while dey are away for the next 3 weeks. Started a 'save their yard' campaign. Goes like dis: Put fertilizer on de grass. Water de grass. Make sure de grass gets watered every 2 days or so. Cut grass when its 3" and keep it nice n green. Their porch is fallin apart. I got plenty of 2X6 boards I can patch it with that will be a perfect match. Weeds all over de back yard. Mix some killex and spray..... Wen dey comes back dey will be wonderin if dey gots de right house. I also gave them my national parks pass so they can get into any national park for free. Otherwise it's insane: over 20.00/day for a group.

Mmmm, T-bone on de grill for supper tonight. (da boy will eat most of it - and de Mrs is workin late) Think it will go nice wit baked tater, sour cream, chives, bacon bits and a nice mater/cucumber salad. Dese low volume med cal meals are working ok for me. I've dropped about 8 pounds in the last week.

TTYL
Old July 7th, 2012, 07:56 PM
Always room for one more

Evening everyone!

Allan I hope you enjoyed what you could of the Tbone. Just remember, if you think you want your nickname to be Tbone, it may end up being Coco the Monkey.

I think I said before I've been half heartedly looking for a truck, but couldn't find anything I liked. I called on a truck up near Athens, GA, last week, and it sounded great until she said it was a short bed. Well they advertised the truck again this week, and darned if it didn't look like a long bed, so I drove up there, an hour each way, and sho'nuff, it's a long bed. Now I get to go back up there on Monday. Nice drive anyway.

Scot, your Granddad has left you a legacy. Something to be cherished for sure. I wish I had better stories to tell about my Grandfather. I never knew the one, and the other was raised under the thumb of an overbearing Mother. He never had a chance. Turned out quite conservative. An awesome man nonetheless, though he kept his war stories to himself.

Well Sandy how did it go today? I trust you brought home the gold.

These little bugs are smashing against the back windows and sound like baseballs are hitting them. I guess I should turn out the back lights. Eh, I'm gonna hit the sack here in a little bit anyway.

Awful house starts the day bright and early tomorrow. Don't know what I'll do after that but I needs my scattered and, oh I just have my hashbrowns plain. I need them, though.
Old July 7th, 2012, 09:02 PM
Cutlass Lover

Evening All!

Well it was the hottest day here that I can remember!! They're comparing this summer to 1988, when we had a hot dry one. We had a couple days back then when it hit 100 degrees. Today it was 104 here on our thermometer from about 3:00 till 7 Ish. Then it cooled off to the 90's. It was 103 in Ravenna when I took Lin shopping. They got some rain there in places I ran in to it when I was coming home.

The show at Summit was canceled. At least I'm assuming it was. Teepo and I went over there - there were no cars. I passed 2 cars I know from Bellacinos when I got close to Summit, and I just assumed they were coming off the interstate, which is right there, but when I saw there was no show, I figured they tried also and just left. I checked online and it did not say the show was canceled. So I don't know. The humidity and heat index was terrible, so it didn't really surprise me. Teepo did not like being out in the heat for no reason, lol. Me either. There went 2 hours.... At least she didn't over heat which I was worried about when we had to sit at the red lights.

So I figured I'd take Lin shopping and get that done and out of the way.

When I got home, Nicole was here washing the Intrigue so I helped her with that and cleaned the inside of it. Larry made steaks on the grill and she ate with us. I was pretty tired tonight. Took a shower and got my hair washed and dried and put new nail polish on my toenails, lol. Just sat down a few minutes ago. Think I over did it a little today.

Well the weather just showed we're gonna cool down to the 80's starting tomorrow with 60's at night. It will be nice to be able to turn the AC off for a while! I hate to see the electric bill when it comes...

Scot.... I'm so sorry to hear about your grandpa. I'll be keeping you all in my thoughts. Sounds like he had a very fullfilling life.

I finally have some red maters! I haven't picked them yet. I have to wait for Larry to move that cage thing he made that's around my little garden. I cant lift it.

Jean is going to pick up Lin and bring her down for Nicole's party tomorrow. I think I'm gonna order some pizza.

Scot... I got a package today! Was that your doing??? If it was, I'm gonna have to lecture you, lol. I did not recognize the name or return address....

Well I'm gonna take my tired self to bed, so I reckon I'll talk to ya tomorrow!
Old July 7th, 2012, 09:08 PM
"Car"mudgeon

Yup that were me
Old July 7th, 2012, 09:42 PM

Scot, My heart is broken for your loss.
Old July 8th, 2012, 06:42 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

It's cloudy here but cooler. In the 70's right now. Still somewhat humid out there, but not near as bad as it's been.

I don't have much planned for today, just cake and ice cream later for Nicole. I have to wrap her gifts and go pick up the cake soon.

You all have a great Sunday!! I'll get on later tonight.....
Old July 8th, 2012, 07:25 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Good Mawnin All

Thanks again all for the condolences, it means a lot.

Well it's gonna be another hot one here. I still have a bit more to move as far as cleaning out my rental completely. And I need to cut the grass at the shop as well so I better get back at it. Is there any rest for the weary?

Yall have a great day
Scot
Old July 8th, 2012, 08:00 AM

Mawn'in all

A nutter nice day in de mountains, too bad, I gots to go back to de city today.

Sandy, I check de mail but I didn't get no Invitation to Nicole's Party.

Mike, I think ya needs to consider AHA [Aweful House Anonymous]

Scot, "The Greatest Generation" is gett'in much small day by day.

I fear in my old age see'in noth'in but kids glued to de I phone unable to hold up their pants [or care]

Already the comon courtesy term "Your welcome" has been replace wit de obnoxious "No problem"
Old July 8th, 2012, 03:35 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Pleasant Sunday afternoon all,

I'm beginning to understand what you folks have been going through with the heat last little while. By comparison you'll prolly think I'm being silly. Yesterday it got up to 83, today so far it's at 86, and tomorrow it's supposed to be around 92. Pretty much the same all week long. When you're not used to the heat - it's hard to deal with.

Been drinking about 2 litres of water a day, + coffee and juice to keep hydrated. But the heat makes me sick. Actually physically sick. Have to sleep in the basement. Heat seems to kill my appetite too.

Scot - what you moving?

Jamesbo - lest ye forget, I'll be one to say, Thank you Sir for being an ol Southern Gentleman. Top o' the day to ya, always!

Now there's a question for you guys. It's an old saying. Someone starts by saying 'Top of the day to you". What should your reply be? hint: it's NOT 'no problem'

Well, the home team is about to take the field in about 25 minutes so I best go whomp up a batch of iced tea or sumpin....

TTYL, hope your weekend was good!
Old July 8th, 2012, 03:53 PM

'Top of the day to you". What should your reply be?
May the Blarney Stone not fall on your head? :0
Old July 8th, 2012, 04:29 PM
Cutlass Lover

Lol!! Now that's funny right there.

It turned out to be a nice day here. It's been breezy and around 85, most importantly the humidity is gone!! The air is cool and dry. It's a great thing.

We had a nice little get together earlier. Had pizza and the cake was delicious! I got a white cake with chocolate buttercream icing from Giant Eagle. They make really good cakes. This one was almost like an angelfood cake, very light and fluffy. Nicole liked her Kindle Fire. Everyone left about an hour ago.

I felt good today. Was finally able to vaccum the carpets and sweep the kitchen and shake the throw rugs and clean the bathrooms! It felt great to be doing some cleaning again. Got the laundry done and changed the sheets on the bed. I filled the bird feeders a few minutes ago. I'm out on the deck swinging on my glided enjoying the evening. I ate one of my little maters... delicious!

Well you all have a good evening. I'm gonna get stuff ready for work in the morning. Brian's whiney a$$ will be back.
Old July 8th, 2012, 05:56 PM
Always room for one more

Good evening everyone.

Sandy I'm so glad you had a good day. And happy birthday to Nicole. I think I remember when I was 20. Can't go wrong with pizza and cake.

Allan is the response, "Right back at ya!" ?

"Hi, my name is Mike and I'm an Awful houser."

Going to look at an 02 Silverado tomorrow. Long bed, 8.1, 5speed. Only thing I don't like about it is it's at some bizarre looking repo lot. Which there isn't anything wrong with it being at a repo lot, but who's the first one who knows his car is getting reposessed? If I bring it home the yellow truck goes away. Anyone want a 68 C10?

After that it's a trip to the internist for my annual physical. The doctor is going to have a fit, because I've gained weight and my blood pressure is up.

So have a great evening everyone, and a pleasant start to your week.
Old July 8th, 2012, 07:39 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Evening Olds People

Dan - Gotta use one of your phrases to reply. 'Haw-Snort!'. Nope that's not it.

Mike - That would work for some, but it's the wrong answer.

"Top of the Day to you!".......reply: " And the rest of the day is yours!"

Sounds like you're planning to start a club.... So AHA is born after all. Git that weight off and blood pressure down. Good luck with the Silverado. Some good buys can be had at repo lots. The Banks usually just want to see SOME of their money back. Hope it's worth making a deal on. Just make sure there's no liens or caveats against the truck.
Old July 8th, 2012, 07:48 PM

Mike, some of the early 8.1 (496 c.i.) had oil consumption problems, so be wary, something else to keep in mind, when someone thinks that their vehicle is about to be repossessed, they abuse the hell out of them.
Old July 8th, 2012, 09:17 PM
Always room for one more

Ah, I didn't know about the HOC. The ad says it has 71000 miles on it. Pretty low for a 10 year old truck.

That's what I meant by, who's the first one to know the truck is getting reposessed? It looks good in the pictures, ie no huge dents or bald tires. It will only cost me an hour each way to go see it, so not much to lose. If I like it and buy it, could be interesting getting two cars home by myself.
Old July 9th, 2012, 04:22 AM

Mawn'in all

Anutter hot one but Whitey awaits smack'in anywho.

Allen, to Answer your question, "De tar baby jes sits dare an he don't say Nutt'in" [Scot, I guess de gots des books in Canada]

Mike, Good luck wit de truck. Is it anywhar near me? I'd be happy to take a look fer ya. I haven't been w/o a Cheby C-20 or 2500 in about 30 years. De only thing I'd say is all of dem have this catch basin in the front and rear fenders dat should hold about 5 lbs of Gawga red clay. If it isn't holding the clay in it's got holes in it. Speak'in of pick me up trucks. Who was de moron who designed whar de spare tire goes?

Sandy, Glad you're feel'in better. Pretty soon you be back to your old self scrubb'in de paint off de baseboards.

GTG Olds friends, Have a great day.
Old July 9th, 2012, 05:04 AM
CQR

Happy Monday Morning all. What a difference a week makes. Gonna be a high of 75 today and we are sitting at just under 90% humidity. Had to dump a couple inches of rainwater from the muck bucket yesterday during chores. We didn't get much sun yesterday so I decided it would be a good day to to do a job I been puttin off. Got up on top of the toyhauler and straightened the mashed over fins (hailstorm last year) on the condenser of the A/C unit. My lower back is telling me it took about 3 hours to get it done.

Dan, I havent run across a Chebby big block that doesn't consume oil. Early or not. Think its just the nature of the beast.

Hope its the truck your lookin for Mike.

Jamesbo, Happy wackin

Sandy, Glad you had a nice party for Nicole.

Allan, Do you have a bit of Mick in ya?

Have a great day all.
Old July 9th, 2012, 05:39 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

What a difference a day makes, lol. It's in the high 60's right now, no humidity and sunny! Just a beautiful morning. I turned off the AC and opened the windows this morning at home. Came in here and turned on my fan.... Brian is "getting his head wrapped around" all the emails he has in his inbox for the last 2 weeks. Whatever. I am not being friendly.

Mike.... your doctor is gonna tell you to stay away from the Awful House, lol. Not good for your cholesterol!! Too much fats and sugars..... Look at the shape I'm in though - the one who tries to eat right, takes vitamins, works out, drinks lots of water...... Don't listen to me, lol!

Jamesbo..... I reckon your invitation to Nicole's party got lost in the mail.... along with the Gawja scratch off tickets..... Have a good day golfing!

No phone calls yet this morning - I think it's gonna be a long day.

Think I'll go over to the Riverfront tonight and pick up Teepo's picture. I'll drive Tincanio. All sorts of shows coming up this weekend. A lot of them on the same friggin day so I'm trying to figure out where to go. I hate it when that happens, lol.

Well have a great day all and enjoy the cooler weather.
Old July 9th, 2012, 07:04 AM

Mornin' all. Went to a car show yesterday. It was 33C (91.4F). Humidity was about 35%. That's a little to hot for me. The car was in line and I watched the temp gauge slowly rise. It didn't overheat, but I was watching it. Turned out OK. It stuck around 220F until I got parked. The overflow tank was pretty full though.

The northern part of the province ends at 60 degrees N which is the Arctic Circle. It was in the 80F at the Arctic Circle. Those poor polar bears. The heat is supposed to stick around for about a week.

My middle son turns 19 on the 11 and I think he wants a Mac Notebook. I know he wanted one for Christmas but didn't get one. He hasn't mentioned it since, so it should be a pretty good surprise for him.

Football practice statrt this week for my youngest as they prepare for the Alberta Summer Games (ASG). They are only allowed to practice for 30 hours before the games. I'm on BBQ detail along with a few other parents.
Glad to hear some of you are cooling off. Sandy, glad your party for Nicole was success and you're starting to feel better.

Gonna be another day in the 90'sF for us today. Stay cool!
Old July 9th, 2012, 07:37 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Good Monday Mawnin All

Yep another hot dry summer day ere.

Allan I am moving all of my stored up stuff from my youth that I had in the garage of my rental house. I built a wall, so the renters could use the washroom portion of the garage and I used the rest for storage. And in return I knocked a little off the rent for them. Now that my bro-in-law wants to rent it, he needs the whole enchilada. So far he is the best tenant yet and he hasn't even moved in yet He's painted the entire interior and ceilings, replaced both toilets, hot water heater, flooring in main bathroom and secured the shower piping inside the wall where when it was built 17 years ago, they just used two nails bent over to secure the pipe to the wall

I know, I know, never rent to friends and family but he's lived with us before and not only is he a great guy, he is a great tenant.

Jamesbo I would think dey B'rer Rabbit books up there Joel Chandler Harris and Mark Twain are my two favorite authors of all time

Sandy don't let that Brian feller get you all worked up. But if he does, you tell him what for

Ken tell the All-star we said Happy Birthday!!

Well yall have a wondermous day
Old July 10th, 2012, 04:45 AM
CQR

Good Mornin.

Quiet here this a.m.

Ken Happy grillin. hard to believe its football season already.

Scot, We used to have a rental. man that was awful. not sure how anyone does it. I had one renter who stole the stereo out of my truck in my driveway, while I was at home. Unbelievable.

Broke the deck lid emblem on the Olds last night. Got another one ordered.Also ordered some kick panels with the speakers already installed. Finally mowed the front lawn last night. Hadn't needed to mow for several weeks, but now with the several inches of rain lately, its started to perk up just a bit.

Have a great Tuesday everyone.
Old July 10th, 2012, 05:44 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

Cool and nice here this morning with a chance of some rain this morning. Heading towards the 80's later on.

I was pretty quiet in here yesterday. I don't have much to say to a certain someone. He asked how I was feeling, I said fine. I didn't ask about his trip or anything. I just have nothing to say after those texts he sent me.... so it's quiet again today.

Went to the Riverfront last night and got my pic of Teepo. Good thing I didn't take her, there were no spaces left to park!! Lots of cars. I missed the 50/50 again. Would have been $404 which I could have used, lol. My friend Ron finally got his Cutlass S out and brought her.

Tomorrow night Larry and I are going back to the college in Kent to talk to the financial lady about this Vet Assistant course for Nicole. They have to have our tax records. She has to apply for government loans. *laughs*. When they see what it looks like we make - on paper - there won't be any help for her. They have to make sure that "the family pays their fair share" also..... Yeah....I'm sure we'll do most of the paying. Can't wait for the new health care tax to kick in........ just what we need.

So I reckon Chick A fil A is out tomorrow night. I haven't been there in over a month. We'll see.

Ken.... thank you for the lovely card and the 'little things', lol! I love them!

Well you all have a good day, where ever you are!
Old July 10th, 2012, 06:45 AM

Mawn'in

Anuuter hot one

Pheeeeeeeeeeeew.

6:00 straighten up pig stye fer early mawn'n appointment.
8:00 sold 4 cemetery lots to a family.
9:00 met slip cover lady to fix Red's bed/couch.
9:45 Mark grave for opening.

Think I'll go back to bed.

Naw, jes kidd'in. I need to go to de stow.

Have a great Tuesday Olds friends.
Old July 10th, 2012, 07:36 AM

Another great morning

1 week of straight sunshine, mid 70's to low 80's. Just right for getting things done. caught up on the yard work, time to paint the house trim and a little deck repair. Getting work done on the 48 little by little its coming together. Time to wire brush and paint the frame and the underside of her body.

Well off to work talk to you all later
Old July 10th, 2012, 09:15 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Good mawnin all,

Was a hot one yesterday (93°). Today is headed the same way. Currently a pleasant 70, so all the windows are still open. Prolly need to shut them shortly. The electricity supplier for the province told the local utility that they needed to start a rolling blackout in the city because 6 of their power generators went down. Lucky we didn't get hit. But from what I saw on the news, it wasn't pretty on the roads with all the traffic lights out. Hmmm, they should make traffic lights on a different circuit because they are safety issues. Naw, who ever thinks of things like that?

Clint - Went to Kal Tire this mawnin for 'warranty' on that RR. They actually took of both rear wheels and spun them. According to the shop tech and lead foreman there's a slight bit of in/out on the tire, but no hop. They suggested instead of the replacement (for now) that they break the bead on both tires, mount them in a different position and re-balance. Something about where the tire joins could be in conflict with where the valve stem is. Anyway - they did that, hand torqued the wheels, washed the windshield AND tires side walls. For the whopping price of "0". I was shocked. But according to them, they stand behind their tire brands 100%. On the way back (about 10 miles of hiway) the car ran pretty smooth. Good enough to not worry any more. Who'd a thought that could make a difference?

Pat - have fun with that wire wheel and frame painting. Its a messy job.

Jamesbo - only 4 plots?

Scot - glad you're getting a reliable and 'known' tenant. Those are hard to come by now a days. Sent you a PM BTW.
Old July 10th, 2012, 10:29 AM
Always room for one more

Hey everyone.

Wow what a night. It was 104* yesterday and when I got home it seemed cold in the house. It was 80. I started shivering and couldn't stop, so I put on a sweatshirt. Imagine, a sweatshirt in July. Anyway that didn't help so I crawled into bed and stayed there until 11 this morning. Well, I'd get up to let the dogs out. I feel better this morning but I have a headache I can't shake. At least I'm still amongst the living.

I'm gonna buy that truck. I went to see it yesterday morning and I liked it a lot. It's got the base interior, which I wasn't happy about, but the truck itself is what I want. My buddy Johnboy is going to take me up there this afternoon.

I had a rental house once. Rented it one time. The people were a disaster. After they moved out I sold the house.

Allan glad you had good luck with the tires. I've heard that Michelins are the only tires that are truly round. Something about the way they are manufactured is different than other tires. Hm.

So Jamesbo, what is your issue with the spare tire on a Chev? Any place else they put it will cut down on space. I always did think it was odd that they put the jack under the hood.

I'll be back with a report on the truck when I get it home. I think I'm excited.
Old July 10th, 2012, 10:47 AM
Cutlass Lover

We've had to completely re-do our rental house twice now..... The people in it now are renting with option to buy, and was supposed to buy it this month. This is 2 years as agreed to. They had to extend the contract with the real estate lady cause their credit isn't all that great still, or something. I don't know. As long as they buy the damned thing, lol. A 3 bedroom ranch..... 5 kids.... 4 friggin dogs..... 1 cat...... 2 rabbits..... Need I say more???????

Mike.... hope you feel better! Musta had a fever or something, huh?
Old July 10th, 2012, 10:59 AM

I started helping with rental propery when I was 13 years old.

At one time had 500 apartments and 12 shoppping centers we managed. Last year I said F)*(_) it and don't own [or fee manage] a single piece of property. I don't miss it for one New York second.

Some of the things I like about owning a cemetery.

No dogs, cats, noisy neighbors, leeky roofs, broken hot water heaters, shopping carts banging into cars in the parking lot. and NO ONE moves out, relocates, expands, renews or complains.
Old July 10th, 2012, 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by cutlassgal
Ken.... thank you for the lovely card and the 'little things', lol! I love them!
You're welcome, Sandy. Glad you're feeling better. You are the only person in the USA with those and at any Oldsmobile show you go to, at least one will be the envy of all.

Clint: In Canada we start football in July and it runs until the end of November. Pro teams only play 18 regular season games.

Scott: "The All-Star" will have to wait until October, but I'll tell his older brother HB from a friend in GA.
Old July 10th, 2012, 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by slantflat
Hey everyone.

Wow what a night. It was 104* yesterday and when I got home it seemed cold in the house. It was 80. I started shivering and couldn't stop, so I put on a sweatshirt. Imagine, a sweatshirt in July. Anyway that didn't help so I crawled into bed and stayed there until 11 this morning. Well, I'd get up to let the dogs out. I feel better this morning but I have a headache I can't shake. At least I'm still amongst the living.
Mike, my thermostat in the house is in C and or F, but for some reason I got use to F so that's what I keep in on. Last night when I went to bed it was at 86F. When I woke up...82F. It's no 104,(thank God) but hopefully it's getting a little cooler down the road. I don't mind these temps by the ocean, but the Pacific is 800 miles, the Arctic is 1500 miles and the Atlantic is 2500 miles. The nearest lake is about 10 miles, maybe I'll do that when I'm vacation again in 10 days. In the 30'sC (90'sF) all week and who knows what next will will bring.

I think I'll either sleep in the basement or the garage with the door open tonight. It will be like camping. I'll hear anyone should they stroll up to the open garage and if they do I'll scare the crap out of them .
Old July 10th, 2012, 06:48 PM
"Car"mudgeon

Wow how about another lost post to the nether world I typed a decent conversation about my day and this server that represents Classic Olds went kaput Another fine post lost thanks to me not copying and pasting prior to posting Tango uniform as Jamesbo puts it Not cool, and by the way all; what is even not cool is this BS from used to be in my book considered gurus. https://classicoldsmobile.com/forums...in-stripe.html

Jamesbo, your a moderator what's your take? I know I need to keep my patience but ???
Old July 10th, 2012, 07:08 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Evening Olds friends,

Anudder hot one today, but not as unbearable as yesterday. The humidity today was only 39% so it felt cooler even at 88°.

Was minding my own Ps and Qs on de puter when de doorbell rang this afternoon. Was my dorck neighbor - if this was LA I'd a just shot him on de spot for trespass. He knows he's not welcome at my place. Anyway the A hole accuses me of calling bylaw on his dogs. Talk about extreme paranoia and unwarranted assumption. Then he turns around and walks away. I will be sooooo happy when he's gone. 21 more days.

Ken - in the evening if you water the grass and sit beside the sprinkler it actually feels cooler by several degrees. But then that would ruin your plans to surprise someone sneaking up to the garage! Told Graeme I want him to drive me to the show. That would give him several more hours of on road experience. Can he sit in the showroom at Hildebrandt and play on his laptop? Don't ask......

Scot - I've had that happen more than once. Did it to myself last night. Closed one of the tabs at the top of my browser and yup, it was the post I had worked on. There was some info on the news recently that the Govt had shut down their servers that were cleaning up the DNS virus or something? Said that when that happened, all puters that had been infected would be affected. It was puter geek speak to me.

Jamesbo - I gotta admit. You present a tempting place to park.....love those side benefits.
Old July 10th, 2012, 08:03 PM

Just stopping in quickly to say Hi to everyone. I haven't had time to read anything.

I have been very busy lately (more than usual) with some unexpected things coming up.
Old July 10th, 2012, 08:06 PM
Always room for one more

Hello there everyone.

Got home with the truck this afternoon. The ride home was over an hour and it ran great, and it was nice to be behind the wheel of an HD again. I had an 01 a few years ago that blew up and I've always been sorry I got rid of it instead of fixing it.

Still feel a little wacked. My headache hasn't gone away and I've taken my allowed 8 Tylenol for the day. I think I'll just pack it in and let nature work her magic. Don't know how much sleep I'll get, it's been raining and thundering all evening and the dogs have been in my pocket.

Hope everyone's evening is going well.
Old July 11th, 2012, 04:41 AM

Mawn'in all

Scot/Allen

I missed dat thread yesterday probably cause I don't know zippo 'bout 67's. I really shocked at W. [Kurt] He's always been very nice to me. Jrzy 442 I don't know from Adam's house cat but he seems to have sum issues.

Sorry it happen but y'all did de right thing an let it go. PM me if you want me to do something.

It looks like sum one got their panties in a wad over their website rather than any real personal issues. It sure didn't do anything to endear me to WAC.

I'm still sitting here shaking my head. Like I said, Kurt has allways been more of a team player than that.

I'd like to think that there is something going on that we don't know about [at home perhaps] that causes these biopolar type of out burst.

I'd like to see Rob and Richard's take on this.

I used to tell all the neurotic real-estate agents that worked for me. "When ya get in an argument and start digging your trench to fortify your position. Stop digging and peer out the top before you dig so deep you can't see the other side at all."