1967 442 Pin Stripe

Search this Thread

Old July 9th, 2012, 08:31 AM

1967 442 Pin Stripe

Does anyone know were I can find the orginal specs or guidlines for the factory pin stripe applied from the factory for the 67 442s? I looked thru the assembly, Fisher body and service manuals, but wasn't able to find anything.
Old July 9th, 2012, 09:41 AM
Trying to remember member

Kevin, here it is on Wild About Cars:
http://wildaboutcarsonline.com/cgi-b...=9990419099587
In all fairness, you wouldn't have found it there because I just posted it!

Wild About Cars. http://wildaboutcars.com. An information supersource, especially Oldsmobile. More Olds content than anywhere else on the internet and continuing to grow.
You'll find Chassis Service Manuals, Product Information Manuals (AKA Assembly Manuals), Inspector's Manuals, and other documents that will contain this and much much more.
Dealer Brochures, magazine ads and articles, and a home page for you online with your own garage where you can show off what you have.
Free to join, free to learn.
Old July 9th, 2012, 10:29 AM
Shoveling Snow

And if you want to know what they really look like contact me.
Old July 9th, 2012, 11:32 AM
45 yrs of Olds Nuttiness

Hey hairy Olds:

If you are so freaking great, why don’t you share them on Wild About Cars – or are you just so wonderful that you won’t help out and put them someplace where someone doesn’t have to ask your esteemed permission every time they may want to look them up.

Geeze

Bob

Old July 9th, 2012, 12:30 PM

Thanks so much Kurt, that's exactly what I was looking for. My car had been repainted before I bought it, I was told the stripes that were on it when I bought it were duplicated from the original. At a quick glance, looks like your PDF matches the measurements I took. Nice website, I'll have to poke around it, when I get a spare minute.
Old July 9th, 2012, 02:17 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Originally Posted by jrzybob442
Hey hairy Olds:

If you are so freaking great, why don’t you share them on Wild About Cars – or are you just so wonderful that you won’t help out and put them someplace where someone doesn’t have to ask your esteemed permission every time they may want to look them up.

Geeze

Bob
Wow. Just Wow. That little outburst is going to give folks a good impression of your management style at WAC....... I know you're passionate about trying to make a site that will become a legacy to Oldsmobile. Just remember though, it's not the ONLY site where members are committed to Oldsmobile. IMO the sarcasm you just dished out was uncalled for, and it 'brands' others who work with you by the brush stroke you just painted.

Oh,
where someone doesn’t have to ask your esteemed permission every time they may want to look them up
I suppose that's the reason WAC requires me to log in as a member to view information on the site? Because you won't 'share' it without granting permission when I want to look it up? Does that mean you're just going to cancel my membership because I don't share your exact point of view? Lighten up Bob - you should know that people write and interpret things differently based on numerous factors. You're taking this way to personally

H.O. didn't do anything wrong - it was worded as an invitation - not a directive. Kevin has the choice to go with either or both options. Also FWIW, I didn't read H.O.s comment as more than a gesture to share some pictures instead of a diagram. (reality vs drawing = hence the 'what it really looks like')

Kurt, thanks for posting that link. During some of my searches there have been gaps I know you're working to fill in. Good work.
Old July 9th, 2012, 02:39 PM
"Car"mudgeon

Originally Posted by Allan R
Wow. Just Wow. That little outburst is going to give folks a good impression of your management style at WAC....... I know you're passionate about trying to make a site that will become a legacy to Oldsmobile. Just remember though, it's not the ONLY site where members are committed to Oldsmobile. IMO the sarcasm you just dished out was uncalled for, and it 'brands' others who work with you by the brush stroke you just painted.

Oh, I suppose that's the reason WAC requires me to log in as a member to view information on the site? Because you won't 'share' it without granting permission when I want to look it up? Does that mean you're just going to cancel my membership because I don't share your exact point of view? Lighten up Bob - you should know that people write and interpret things differently based on numerous factors. You're taking this way to personally

H.O. didn't do anything wrong - it was worded as an invitation - not a directive. Kevin has the choice to go with either or both options. Also FWIW, I didn't read H.O.s comment as more than a gesture to share some pictures instead of a diagram. (reality vs drawing = hence the 'what it really looks like')

Kurt, thanks for posting that link. During some of my searches there have been gaps I know you're working to fill in. Good work.
X2 Well said Allan
Old July 9th, 2012, 02:54 PM
Shoveling Snow

I just came back from the OCA nats and this type of discussion came up why info exchange is most time's not worth the hassle. There is a group of well known and many not too well known folks in the Olds community that keep to them selfs under the radar on the olds web sites that have a wealth of info. I for one am glad that I can exchange info to the up and coming Olds Enthusiast.
Outbursts such as this is the main reason I no longer belong to a Oldsmobile club and have taken up riding motorcycle's again.
Old July 9th, 2012, 03:15 PM
"Car"mudgeon

Originally Posted by Hairy Olds
I just came back from the OCA nats and this type of discussion came up why info exchange is most time's not worth the hassle. There is a group of well known and many not too well known folks in the Olds community that keep to them selfs under the radar on the olds web sites that have a wealth of info. I for one am glad that I can exchange info to the up and coming Olds Enthusiast.
Outbursts such as this is the main reason I no longer belong to a Oldsmobile club and have taken up riding motorcycle's again.
Well I for one am a big fan of the Hairy Olds and I appreciate all of your input. Bob seems to have a people issue
Old July 9th, 2012, 03:17 PM

Makes me NOT want to be a member of his website.
Old July 9th, 2012, 05:28 PM
45 yrs of Olds Nuttiness

"Thanks so much Kurt, that's exactly what I was looking for."
'Nuff said.

Now all you guys can get off the band wagon.
Old July 9th, 2012, 07:27 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Originally Posted by jrzybob442
Now all you guys can get off the band wagon.
Really? From the bigbadbob of Wild About Cars who felt he could just rant his way through a post and belittle a C.O. member?? I don't think so. You don't have the authority on this site to tell us what to do any more than we tell you. You're just another member here who can offer suggestions etc. just like everyone else. Learn to get along WITH people. If you want to lure people to the WAC site, you're going about it the wrong way.

I think Scot was right - you could afford to take some courses in people skills instead of coming across so uppity.

You're lucky to have Kurt working with WAC. He salvages a lot of the irritating stuff you sling here. You can't even seem to say "Sorry for the outburst - was having a bad day". This was a friendly thread till you got involved in it.
Old July 9th, 2012, 08:08 PM
"me somebody" site member

Let's face it, guys who like to talk up their sh...stuff and how much "knawledge they gots", offer opinion as fact, and natter on about irrelevancies AINT gonna be big promoters of the WAC site. Knowhutimean?
Old July 9th, 2012, 08:20 PM
Trying to remember member

Allan, Scott, are you done being hypocritical? Sarcasm isn't allowed but chastising is? Or is it a case that someone else can't be critical but *you* can?
I don't care what you think, any way you dice it, you're doing the very same thing. You're criticizing.
You want the truth? I don't think so, but here it is. You said "H.O. didn't do anything wrong - it was worded as an invitation"
You obviously believe what you want to believe, because what was said that provoked Bob's remarks was "If you want to know what they really look like.....".
Since you don't understand that, I'll explain it to you. That is *sarcasm*. He was being a smart-*** and was belittling. And that is a virtual slap in the face to the previous post saying the posted information isn't correct. A coward's statement. And you chose to defend that.
Go ahead, knock yourself out. And how does your slanderous remarks about Bob's management abilities (of which you know nothing about) make *you* look? According to you?
Bob was guilty of nothing more than reacting to being slammed. With all he has done for this hobby, he shouldn't have to take that crap. And even worse the crap you're doled out that is worse that what he said to begin with, and was totally irrelevant and unwarranted.
You're both nothing more than biased hypocrites. If you're smart, you'd see you really screwed up here and drop it. I don't see that happening, but I'm done.

Last edited by wmachine; July 9th, 2012 at 08:28 PM.
Old July 9th, 2012, 08:41 PM
Shoveling Snow

WOW a lot of anger to get past over a simple sentence.
I had thought of writing a lengthy response but I'm not sure it would sink in.
Kurt ,Bob should you see me at an Olds event I would appreciate if you pass by keep walking.
Old July 9th, 2012, 10:41 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Originally Posted by wmachine
Allan, Scott, are you done being hypocritical? Sarcasm isn't allowed but chastising is? Or is it a case that someone else can't be critical but *you* can?
I don't care what you think, any way you dice it, you're doing the very same thing. You're criticizing.
And you and Bob never do. Right. When in doubt go on the attack and hope someone backs down huh? Not this time. BTW last time I looked in the dictionary "hypocritical" , critical and criticize were 3 different words with 3 different meanings. And FWIW it's pretty obvious you don't care what we think. Let me return the comment.

You want the truth? I don't think so, but here it is. You said "H.O. didn't do anything wrong - it was worded as an invitation"
You obviously believe what you want to believe, because what was said that provoked Bob's remarks was "If you want to know what they really look like.....".
Since you don't understand that, I'll explain it to you. That is *sarcasm*. He was being a smart-*** and was belittling. And that is a virtual slap in the face to the previous post saying the posted information isn't correct. A coward's statement. And you chose to defend that.
Don't see it as sarcasm and prolly won't ever. Still see it as a members offer to help another with actual pics of the finished product. So yes I chose to defend that. Why would I have written that if I didn't believe that? You're really out to lunch on this. Does fanatic sound like a word in your dictionary? You sound like one that always has to be right. Not me. When I'm wrong I own up to it. Don't see that I'm wrong on this though.

BTW I double dog dare you to walk up to Hairy Olds in person and tell him he is a smart ***, belittled you and posts cowards statements. You'll prolly end up flat on your ***.

Go ahead, knock yourself out. And how does your slanderous remarks about Bob's management abilities (of which you know nothing about) make *you* look? According to you?
Slander? I don't think so, but if you want - go ahead and sue me. I'll win - according to me.

Bob was guilty of nothing more than reacting to being slammed.
Like I said, I don't think he got slammed. But his statement to H.O. was a slam to H.O. and so BTW is your comment in this thread describing H.O.s original post. You should really look up what hypocrite means if you're going to use the word.

You're both nothing more than biased hypocrites. If you're smart, you'd see you really screwed up here and drop it. I don't see that happening, but I'm done.
Really? The gospel according to you? How would you know? You got a crystal ball or something? Hell you've never even met me and you can make that kind of claim? I talk to you on the phone for 15 minutes and you 'know' everything about me? Buy a lottery ticket - you know everything don't you? Don't profess to tell me I really screwed up, cause I don't see it that way. And I'm not gonna just lay down and take your rant either. I seriously doubt you can contain yourself to "I'm done" when you read this.

Originally Posted by Hairy Olds
WOW a lot of anger to get past over a simple sentence. Kurt ,Bob should you see me at an Olds event I would appreciate if you pass by keep walking.
X2
Hairy Olds - sorry this happened to your offer to be of help to another member.
Old July 10th, 2012, 01:14 PM
"Car"mudgeon

Let it ride Allan. We here at Classic Oldsmobile go to great lengths to help our fellow enthusiasts out in every way we can. As for them, they throw you a lousy "bone" and pretty much tell you to look here or here and if it ain't here it's here type of a website pitch that in my opinion isn't what most questions are asking.

But instead they insist on flaming others that do help in a "I'm holier than thou" type attitude. Well Kurt and Bob this is a family friendly website as seen here on the introduction, I myself would like to keep it that way.

*INTRODUCTION*
"On behalf of the Administrators, Moderators, and members of www.ClassicOldsmobile.com, welcome to the site! Please be aware of the following rules and regulations regarding usage and membership to this forum. The ClassicOldsmobile.com forum prides itself on being one of the best Classic Oldsmobile forums on the Internet. As such, it’s important that we keep the site as friendly and on-topic as possible. The following rules outline how we try to keep this a place where anyone can feel comfortable and welcome."

For further enlightenment please refer to rules 3, 4, 6 & 7 here

https://classicoldsmobile.com/forums...aq_userconduct

Otherwise if you want to flame someone, please do so on your website, your flaming isn't welcome here. Oh and by the way Kurt, the name is Scot or Mr. Scot. I see nothing I've said or ever said to you or anyone else that is hypocritical, so I guess this is yet another of your baseless flaming and/or accusations, BUDDY

Maybe if you spent the time you spend here promoting your website and flaming individuals on designing your website better. Then maybe, just maybe you might have something there. No, now that I think about it I doubt it very seriously. Just merely based on your actions here on this thread and elsewhere throughout the Classic Oldsmobile website itself.
Old July 11th, 2012, 05:26 PM
"me somebody" site member

These continuing comments from the "Big Men on Campus" remain a p*ss poor alternative to the straightforward answer Kurt linked to at WAC and that ANYONE can view. You can pat yourselves on your backs all you like, but your "offerings" on display here show you're about as beneficial (and equally annoying) as a Walmart greeter.
Old July 11th, 2012, 06:31 PM
car guy

All right guys knock it off. Keep it civil on both sides please.

By the way where is my royalty check from WAC for the pictures in the link.
Those are the pics I took of the rusty 67 I dragged out of south Texas
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
2-2-08013.jpg (149.3 KB, 66 views)
File Type: jpg
2-2-08001.jpg (143.7 KB, 59 views)
Old July 12th, 2012, 11:49 AM
One part at a time

Smells like ROP in here...
Old July 14th, 2012, 12:19 PM
45 yrs of Olds Nuttiness

Rich, you are now credited at WAC.