The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old September 27th, 2021, 05:17 PM
Running On Empty

Therapeutic massage busted up every knot in my rotator cuff, entire shoulder and scapula - haven't felt this good in over 1.5 months. Next session this Thursday then weekly for the next 5 weeks. My massage therapist is the best.

I didn't play golf all last week & I didn't play today. I'm going to play tomorrow since I had already signed up for this other group I play with at different courses. Surprisingly, or not so surprisingly, my golf swing doesn't aggravate the rotator cuff. I'm still convinced it's just the one or two muscles of the four muscles (most likely both the tendons and the muscles) from buttering the bricks.

The dryer motor arrived this afternoon. I'm not going to (at this point) discuss the motor which was illustrated & is supposedly the correct genuine OEM GE electric motor but the wiring (and attendant harness) is back asswards from the current wiring diagram & the instructions (if you want to call them that) were written by a five year old - so that's going to be a labyrinth trying to figure out.

I did manage to get one more 1/2 section of fencing stained before the massage appointment.

Last edited by Vintage Chief; September 27th, 2021 at 05:19 PM.
Old September 27th, 2021, 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by 1969w3155
Greg, Chris is right, that is the option code for the Rallye 350, though it was never on the car anywhere. Chris, no surprise on the award as you have a nice car.
Dan - Thanks for the compliment on the award and on my car. You saw the pics, lots of really, really nice cars there. Seriously, I think they were just throwing the new kid on the block a bone! If they hadn't had a separate class for Verts, I wouldn't have won squat. That red '67 Vert parked right next to mine won a 1st Place in the modified class 2-years ago at Nationals. I'd be lying if I said I didn't enjoy placing or winning every once in awhile, but I certainly don't go expecting to. The joy comes from the camaraderie among enthusiasts and the friends that are made.
Old September 27th, 2021, 05:31 PM

Norm - Glad the massage therapy worked wonders and good luck with the motor once you get into it!
Old September 27th, 2021, 06:01 PM
Always room for one more

The cruise in was very nice tonight. Maybe 100 cars, not huge, but people were out having fun. I saw a guy I knew from work. He's been sick with cancer for a long time, but he finally beat it. He looked good. Saw one of my Friday friends from the Awful house. Saw a lot of people I don't know but recognize. Weird being out after dark on a school night.

Doesn't W45 appear on the data plate on the Rallye's?

Time to hit the sack. Going to bed too late for overtime, guess they'll have to do without me. Hope everyone has a good evening.

Old September 27th, 2021, 06:42 PM

Yummmm!
Old September 28th, 2021, 03:44 AM
Running On Empty

Chris - Delicious. I'll take two to enjoy on my drive up North to play golf TY very much.
Old September 28th, 2021, 03:48 AM

Originally Posted by Vintage Chief
Chris - Delicious. I'll take two to enjoy on my drive up North to play golf TY very much.
Sorry Captain, I'm not a miracle worker, the transporter, she's on the fritz!
Old September 28th, 2021, 03:50 AM
Running On Empty

Originally Posted by Dream67Olds442
Sorry Captain, I'm not a miracle worker, the transporter, she's on the fritz!
Damn it, Scotty!
Old September 28th, 2021, 03:52 AM

Damn it, Scotty!
You got it, hope you have a nice round and great day. Safe travels!
Old September 28th, 2021, 05:27 AM

Well, after bitching so much about later model cars and their computers, etc, I was helped by the computer code that was set on my 2010 Impala. Yesterday car started bucking and snorting at the light and on freeway going up hills. It felt just like bad plug wires on a older car. I took it over to barn to check out and it started to miss steadily and service engine light started flashing. I knew that was good as if it is flashing a malfunction is occurring at that time. I connected my China reader and it said Code PO303, which translates to cylinder #3 misfire. So checked plug wire on #3 and it fell off at plug! Why? I dunno! Anyway I took out that plug and it looked good, went to parts store and bought new wire set. Of course #5 wire would not come off plug. Why? I dunno! had to cut a slice in it and a slice in my finger for good measure! Why would one plug wire fall off and the other seem superglued on? Of course both were at back of the engine where it's tight... So car is running good again.
-- Took a nice autumn boat ride yesterday, was sunny and colors are starting to get good, sort of regretting putting away Olds....
Old September 28th, 2021, 06:45 AM

Chris looks yummy
Old September 28th, 2021, 06:49 AM

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
Chris looks yummy
Thanks James! Yes, they were! Me and my damn sweet tooth, I ate 3 last night while they were still warm, and two this morning with my 1st cup of coffee. What can I say, I'm bad!
Old September 28th, 2021, 06:55 AM

Originally Posted by Greg Rogers
Well, after bitching so much about later model cars and their computers, etc, I was helped by the computer code that was set on my 2010 Impala.

-- Took a nice autumn boat ride yesterday, was sunny and colors are starting to get good, sort of regretting putting away Olds....
Greg - Nice job fixing your modern vehicle yourself! You're right, that code reader came in mighty handy!

The fall boat ride sounds relaxing, putting around and checking out the fall colors sounds great. It will be weeks yet until any color starts to show here.
Old September 28th, 2021, 12:10 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Work was slow, but we finished before the end. By like 12 minutes. Not sure what the problem was, nothing was broke, we had a steady supply of wheels. The bad news is that fat a$$hole has made lead. I think the block wall is more qualified than he is but no one asked me. The good news is he's in a different part of the shop now and I don't have to see or hear him. I just lost all respect for whomever liked him enough to choose him for lead. Good gawd.

How's the shoulder today Norm? !!!!!!!!!!

Beautiful out again. Need to run over to the house for just a minute, probably won't take anything, and then run a couple errands. It seems moving has ground to a halt, but I've been putting off things that need to be caught up. I've got two weeks scheduled off at the end of the month, maybe I can move them up and really hit it hard.

Okay have a good afternoon everyone.

Old September 28th, 2021, 01:56 PM

Mike, I thought about posting that W45 was on the data tag last night, but I just can't remember if it is. W45 is on the data tag for the '72 H/O, and I am trying to remember if W46 for a/c equipped cars is on the '72 data plate as well. Maybe Koda can chime in.
Old September 28th, 2021, 02:20 PM

Hello,

W-45 is the option code for U code 455 Hurst Olds 270hp (or 250). W-46 is the option code for X code 455 (300 hp automatic W-30 engine). All AC cars are W-45 U codes for 72 H/O.
Old September 28th, 2021, 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by Koda
Hello,

W-45 is the option code for U code 455 Hurst Olds 270hp (or 250). W-46 is the option code for X code 455 (300 hp automatic W-30 engine). All AC cars are W-45 U codes for 72 H/O.
John/Dan - Now it's all starting to make sense regarding the Rallye 350 I posted a pic of from the All Olds Show on Sunday. The owner told me he had removed the original 350 (but kept it) and dropped a 455 in it. When he did that, I'm betting he put the W-45 decal on it to identify it has a 455 in it now.
Old September 28th, 2021, 02:35 PM
Running On Empty

Originally Posted by slantflat
How's the shoulder today Norm? !!!!!!!!!!
Mike - Thanks for asking. The shoulder was fine - I wasn't trying to overextend it or favor it. Knowing it wasn't 100% led me to baby it so as not to aggravate the condition, but it did feel great - UNTIL the third Par 3 hole (160 yds uphill) and I sent the club face directly into the ground about 2" behind the ball - which, of course, yanked my left shoulder all to hell. It was bothersome for some time after that, but surprisingly it was not that bad. Believe me when I tell you I have ripped my left should in far more precarious shots; so, I feel I got away with one there.

They shouldn't be promoting anyone w/o first getting your approval - have you not taught them anything, Mike?
Old September 28th, 2021, 02:46 PM

UNTIL the third Par 3 hole (160 yds uphill) and I sent the club face directly into the ground about 2" behind the ball - which, of course, yanked my left shoulder all to hell. It was bothersome for some time after that, but surprisingly it was not that bad.
Ouch!!! Guess the real test of any more damage will be how it feels tomorrow morning? JMO, I'd be icing the hell out of it right now, and be loading up on ibuprofen to lessen any further inflammation.
Old September 28th, 2021, 02:54 PM
Running On Empty

I don't do Ibuprofen, I'll take ASA.
Old September 28th, 2021, 03:07 PM

I don't do Ibuprofen, I'll take ASA.
Just curious, why generic aspirin over ibuprofen or naprosyn, if it's too personal just tell me to STFU?
Old September 28th, 2021, 03:29 PM
Running On Empty

ASA is a more ***-1 selective inhibitor of cyclooxgenase than either Ibuprofen or Naproxen. Albeit, it is more selective at reducing the production of prostaglandins.
Old September 28th, 2021, 03:32 PM

ASA is a more ***-1 selective inhibitor of cyclooxgenase than either Ibuprofen or Naproxen. Albeit, it is more selective at reducing the production of prostaglandins.
Nicely put, Professor. Could you comment on headaches versus muscle aches for those three pain relievers? I like ibuprofen for headaches, but naproxin I seem to like for muscle aches. I also hurt my shoulder a while ago and it is not getting much better.
Old September 28th, 2021, 03:35 PM

OK, I guess I asked for that. Are you saying aspirin is a better anti-inflammatory when taking into account the potential negative side affects of the other two drugs???
Old September 28th, 2021, 03:39 PM
Running On Empty

One of the primary benefits of Ibuprofen &/or Naproxen is longevity w/in the circulatory system - they both reside longer in your system than ASA. Aside from knowing ASA is a more selective ***-1 (cyclooxygenase) prostaglandin inhibitor than either Ibuprofen &/or Naproxen I don't know which might be more effective for muscles. I didn't study pharmacology, I did study the acetylsalicylic pathway and employed its usage in blood platelet coagulation research, but I really can't comment on the other two in terms of their broader usages.

Last edited by Vintage Chief; September 28th, 2021 at 03:52 PM. Reason: inhibitor left out
Old September 28th, 2021, 03:43 PM
Running On Empty

Originally Posted by Dream67Olds442
OK, I guess I asked for that. Are you saying aspirin is a better anti-inflammatory when taking into account the potential negative side affects of the other two drugs???
No. What I am saying is if I have the choice between the three to reduce inflammation & reduce fever, I'd select ASA over Ibuprofen &/or Naproxen because ASA is more selective in targeting and reducing prostaglandins.
Old September 28th, 2021, 04:00 PM

No. What I am saying is if I have the choice between the three to reduce inflammation & reduce fever, I'd select ASA over Ibuprofen &/or Naproxen because ASA is more selective in targeting and reducing prostaglandins.
OK, I'll take your word for it, you've definitely got the bio-chem knowledge I do not have. My doc has me on 600mg (single tab) of Ibuprofen twice daily for the degenerative joint disease type of arthritis in my back and neck. Without it, I would be so stiff and sore all day I wouldn't want to do squat.
Old September 28th, 2021, 04:22 PM
Running On Empty

There are entire treatises written on the promotion & reduction of prostaglandins (lipid autacoids derived from arachidonic acid) relative to degenerative joint diseases associated w/ arthritis - in particular synovitis. I have a very limited understanding of both the arachidonic acid model & propionic acid model. Both of these models have been studied extensively & they continue to be studied extensively to this day. I really can't comment on any clinical applications for either the ***-1 or ***-2 NSAID drug efficacy.
Old September 28th, 2021, 05:07 PM

I really can't comment on any clinical applications for either the ***-1 or ***-2 NSAID drug efficacy.
My only comment on the NSAID efficacy as related to treatment of degenerative joint arthritis is that it gets me through the day. Who knows what the hell it's doing to the rest of my body though. I know my doc keeps a close watch on my liver and kidney functions because of the daily dosage. I sure as hell don't have a medical degree, so I sure hope my doc did a good job getting his.
Old September 28th, 2021, 05:35 PM

Chris, something to remember, the Rallye 350 was originally supposed to be a H/O for 1970, but Olds went another route, and I thnk that they just kept that option code, which was used on previous H/O's.
Old September 28th, 2021, 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by 1969w3155
Chris, something to remember, the Rallye 350 was originally supposed to be a H/O for 1970, but Olds went another route, and I thnk that they just kept that option code, which was used on previous H/O's.
Dan - Thanks, that's interesting, I didn't know that!
Old September 29th, 2021, 05:37 AM
Running On Empty

Going to “attempt” to get the Pfizer Booster vaccine today. While it does not contain the epitope for the Delta variant, data demonstrates the booster is extremely effective against any chances of a breakthrough infection. Back to staining for my useless existence. Thinking about playing in the nine hole shootout this evening - we’ll see.
Old September 29th, 2021, 05:47 AM

Going to “attempt” to get the Pfizer Booster vaccine today. While it does not contain the epitope for the Delta variant, data demonstrates the booster is extremely effective against any chances of a breakthrough infection. Back to staining for my useless existence. Thinking about playing in the nine hole shootout this evening - we’ll see.
Good for you, hope you can get the booster. We got a letter from the Pharmacy about 40-miles from us where we got our Moderna vaccines saying we could get boosters. Not really sure how they're doing that as I was not aware from any other source that the Moderna vaccine had been approved/recommended for boosters yet?

How's the shoulder feeling this morning! Wondered if you'd have any I'll effects after your major divet yesterday? Good luck if you decide to play in the shoot-out.
Old September 29th, 2021, 06:52 AM
Running On Empty

Pfizer COVID-19 Booster scheduled for 3:45PM today. Not sure how you're eligible for the Moderna Booster if it isn't approved yet but I'm not following it real closely other than what I read on the Internet via CDC & FDA.
Shoulder is "tolerable". Putting away equipment, push brooming, reaching, etc. aggravated it more this morning than the divot from yesterday.
Old September 29th, 2021, 10:37 AM
Running On Empty

Extra firm tofu, baby bella shrooms, red onion, carrots, cranberries, swiss cheese, texas toast croutons over baby bib leaves. Tossed in a raspberry vinaigrette/ blue cheese dressing.

Old September 29th, 2021, 11:00 AM
Running On Empty

Now for the really good stuff...

Old September 29th, 2021, 11:18 AM

That salad looks really, really delicious! The chocolate malt speaks for itself!
Old September 29th, 2021, 11:23 AM
Running On Empty

That salad was the shiznitz.
Old September 29th, 2021, 12:17 PM

That salad was the shiznitz.
Where's the beef? I'm still waitng on the Moderna booster, hopefully it won't be too much longer.

Last edited by 1969w3155; September 29th, 2021 at 12:21 PM.
Old September 29th, 2021, 12:42 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

That's it for me for the week. Took tomorrow and Friday off. Tomorrow to go look at a car, and Friday to move big heavy stuff. That is if I can find some help. Slow at work today, we didn't even come close to finishing. We had all big wheels. the A330s and 350s take a half hour or better to air up, and the 737 mains take about that long. That's all we had all day. Then the lead has the gall to tell us we weren't working fast enough. Phuque him. Then he wanted volunteers to stay late and nobody would! I hope that sends a message.

Beautiful out. No idea what I'm going to do this afternoon but I need to do something worth while. I haven't mowed in weeks, the grass is taller than Tiger. I think it's slowing down growing so if I can get to it I might be done for the season. I hate to mow because I keep thinking of all the other things I need to be doing. But when I do those other things, I think about needing to mow. I'm really wacked in the head sometimes.

Okay sitting here isn't getting anything done. See ya's all later. I get to stay up late tonight.