The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old September 26th, 2021, 08:20 AM
Running On Empty

I’m thankful it appears Sam is following Pete…

Old September 26th, 2021, 10:07 AM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

I did something today for the first time, and it was pretty cool. I knew everyone would be away at the Awful house, so I went to hang out at the airport. This would be the airport in my new neighborhood. Every morning a group of guys goes to the little office and sit around just BSing so I went over to join them. Met a couple of the neighbors and some other guys who only keep their planes there. Tiger had to stay home.

Beautiful out and a little warmer than yesterday. Still no rain. Might go see what I can get into in the garage today.

Norm that license plate number is what was on the car in the movie, so an authentic replica will have that number. So the car in your video and the car at the show don't have to be the same car. Nothings says it can't be, but I'd doubt it.

Greg you should keep the convertible out until the last possible moment. Just because it's cold doesn't mean you can't ride around in a cool car. When I was a kid and had a convertible if it was over 40* the top was down. Might have the heater on but the top was down. The Folding Top Manual said to leave the top up if under 40.

Having two days for the weekend only really sucks. There was a rumor flying around that we were going to start a weekend crew. I'd be all over that. Four days off every week, work becomes the exception. I wish we'd do that. Or go to a first and second shift. I used to work second shift and loved it. Got so much done. I don't know that I'd do as much drinking as I did back then.

Okay gotta go find something to do. Hope everyone enjoys their Sunday.

Old September 26th, 2021, 01:24 PM

Mike, they have weekend crews where I work. They work three 12's (36hrs) and get paid for 40. Thursday, Friday, Saturday, or Saturday, Sunday, Monday, 6:45 am to 6:45 pm., or 6:45 pm to 6:45 am., with O.T. offered during the week.
Old September 26th, 2021, 03:44 PM
Always room for one more

I would love to have that schedule. Years ago in another department we worked 36 and were paid for 40. Payroll knew about it but didn't ever say anything. After years of this, Bruce, who had been working an 8 hour shift 5 days a week, decided he needed to have a free day off here and there, because he was working 40 and we weren't. His request was laughed at in the office so he went to Payroll and told them we weren't working 40 but getting paid for it and he was getting cheated. So Payroll came in and told us we all had to work 40. I'm surprised Bruce was allowed to live after that.

I haven't done squat all afternoon. I just wanted to hang with Tiger. I did talk with my real estate agent to get some ideas for my current house, and he had a lot of helpful things to say. Tiger has been napping most of the afternoon but he's never very far from me. It's been a good day.

Might hit the sack here a little early, work at 6 so I don't have to go crazy getting up at 2, but I'm ready to retire for the evening. Just as soon as Andy is finished mowing next door. Have a good evening everyone.

Old September 26th, 2021, 04:27 PM
Running On Empty

Beef stew tastes so good the day-after.

When I grow up I want to be just like Mike - don't do squat all afternoon.

I spent two full days cutting back very old growth from my Hydrangeas.

I have two coats of stain on the fence & a couple sections with four coats. It's going to take four coats all around to meet my professional [OCD] standards.

I've watched maybe nine to ten (Netflix) movies the during the past two weeks - just about one movie each evening before retiring. I haven't had cable T.V. (I guess I am like Mike) in three years nine months - don't miss it one bit. I do seriously miss not being able to watch golf - there's not doubt about it. The remainder of T.V. is worthless, IMO.

Massage therapy tomorrow @ 1:00 PM. My shoulder is beginning to make some improvements. James, I'm nearly 100% certain it was buttering the bricks. It's the exact same motion which is painful as the motion used to butter a brick. I buttered 1100 bricks in under two months. I don't get it. I used to be able to do this type of work with never an issue. Growing old isn't for the faint at heart.
Old September 26th, 2021, 05:23 PM

Good evening guys,

Mike - Thanks for posting the car show pics, I loved that Amphicar! Sure would be fun to take a ride in one just to see what they're like. They look pretty amazing!

Greg - I bet that was a blast getting to ride your Quad across Big Mac! Been a long, long time since I've been across it.

Well, the All Old's Show today was a blast. Great weather and a whole bunch of beautiful Olds in one place! I was totally floored when I ended up winning the award for Best 4-4-2 Hardtop, all years! I think they just wanted the new guy to join the Club!

Here's a bunch of pics, it will take two posts to get them all in..

Old September 26th, 2021, 05:28 PM

More All Old's Show pics,

Old September 26th, 2021, 05:29 PM
Running On Empty

Chris - What a great bunch of Oldsmobiles. Congrats on the win for Best 4-4-2 Hardtop all years - dawg! Thanks for sharing.
Old September 26th, 2021, 05:37 PM

Originally Posted by Vintage Chief
Chris - What a great bunch of Oldsmobiles. Congrats on the win for Best 4-4-2 Hardtop all years - dawg! Thanks for sharing.
Thanks Norm, you're welcome!
Old September 26th, 2021, 06:09 PM

Thanks for the pictures Chris congrats on the recognition.
Old September 27th, 2021, 01:58 AM

Chris congratulations

Norm

Old September 27th, 2021, 04:43 AM

Originally Posted by otto72
Thanks for the pictures Chris congrats on the recognition.
Keith - You're welcome for the pics, glad you enjoyed them, and thanks for the congrats.
Old September 27th, 2021, 04:46 AM

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
Chris congratulations
Thanks James!
Old September 27th, 2021, 04:49 AM
Running On Empty

7 Iron

Chris congratulations

Norm
Old September 27th, 2021, 04:51 AM
Running On Empty

As is typical, September hasn't ended and two more systems have developed off the coast of Africa. My left shoulder quivers just thinking about them.
Old September 27th, 2021, 05:35 AM

Nice pics, Chris, thanks. I don't know what a W45 is... On that yellow Cutlass? That 71 Supreme looks a lot like Pat's car. As I said before, you sure have nice car shows down there! Well I did put away the Olds yesterday, UGH....
Old September 27th, 2021, 05:47 AM
Running On Empty

Chris - Suggestion. When posting that many pictures, it takes a lot of time, I know. You'll save yourself some time if you post the pictures to just one thread and then post a link to that thread where the pictures are located. It will save you some time.

Example:

All Oldsmobile Fun Show

Example:

Old September 27th, 2021, 06:06 AM

Originally Posted by Greg Rogers
Nice pics, Chris, thanks. I don't know what a W45 is... On that yellow Cutlass? That 71 Supreme looks a lot like Pat's car. As I said before, you sure have nice car shows down there! Well I did put away the Olds yesterday, UGH....
Thanks Greg! I don't know for sure, but I'd bet the W45 is the option number for the Rallye 350's??? Bummer it is already time to put your Olds away for the season, but I know what it's like up there. The weather is nice enough and there are plenty of shows/cruises going on here thru October. I'll be putting mine away the 1st week or two of November.

Last edited by Dream67Olds442; September 27th, 2021 at 05:02 PM.
Old September 27th, 2021, 06:09 AM

Chris - Suggestion.
Thanks Norm, much appreciated!
Old September 27th, 2021, 07:13 AM
Jeff

Weekend project (interrupted by rain Saturday, so had to finish up Sunday): headlight restoration on the Enclave.

Pre-wet sanding

Post-sanding (started with 1000, then 1500, then 2000)

After two coats of rattle-can clear.
Old September 27th, 2021, 07:32 AM

Jeff - The lenses look really great, nice job!
Old September 27th, 2021, 07:44 AM
Jeff

Originally Posted by Dream67Olds442
Jeff - The lenses look really great, nice job!
Thanks. I think the 64 is going to be getting my amateur body prep skills here soon, as I'm honestly getting frustrated that any potential buyers keep throwing out low numbers because of the paint. I'll blow off the trim, and sand, prime, block, then find a shop that can color match and blend in.
Old September 27th, 2021, 07:54 AM

Originally Posted by Weezer
Thanks. I think the 64 is going to be getting my amateur body prep skills here soon, as I'm honestly getting frustrated that any potential buyers keep throwing out low numbers because of the paint. I'll blow off the trim, and sand, prime, block, then find a shop that can color match and blend in.
Jeff - I think that's a good strategy to get the paint touched up. Is there any capable shop near you that could get the top functioning without it costing you big $'s? The paint and the non-functioning top are the only two issues that I can see holding back the sale of that gorgeous car.
Old September 27th, 2021, 08:01 AM
Running On Empty

Jeff - Excellent work.
Old September 27th, 2021, 08:19 AM
Jeff

Originally Posted by Dream67Olds442
Jeff - I think that's a good strategy to get the paint touched up. Is there any capable shop near you that could get the top functioning without it costing you big $'s? The paint and the non-functioning top are the only two issues that I can see holding back the sale of that gorgeous car.
I'm going to start by filling the system up with fluid and check for leaks. I know I can get the rams, hoses, and motor from Fusick and a couple of other places, but it's always best to diagnose before I start throwing money at it. Chalk this up to another item that I should've done a long time ago, when I had the time!

I honestly have the worst luck at selling cars. Anything else, I can sell. Cars just seem to take me forever.
Old September 27th, 2021, 01:27 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Another beautiful day. Temp is perfect. Sun is out.

Okay day at work. Was at my desk. The lead was there but there seemed to be mayhem. No one knew what was supposed to be going on. Odd. I expect the same tomorrow. No hangups, though, everything worked like it should have and we finished before 2.

Jeff that looks terrific. Were you using some sort of polish or just the sand paper? I got a bottle of that stuff Chris likes but have yet to use it. Because I lost it.

Chris you always have such clear pictures, and every time I try to take a picture there suddenly are 50 people swarming the car. I must have a sign that says, please get in my way.

This is for Norm. I never cared too much for this guy, but there's no denying his talent. I do drink Gatorade, though, but liked it better in glass bottles.

Gonna try the Summit cruise in tonight. Haven't been all summer, because I didn't know they were having it. Well, I got a couple I can go to now before they're over.

Okay gonna get a couple things done before I leave. See ya's.

Old September 27th, 2021, 01:38 PM
Running On Empty

Mike - I am stunned, taken back, speechless & amazed:

I never cared too much for this guy, but there's no denying his talent.
With that said, I can understand where you're coming from (I think). He made a "somewhat" bad reputation for himself - thinking he was always right about things & that didn't sit well with some folks. But, I'd argue to achieve the level of accomplishments Michael set out to achieve both for himself and his team, I carry a great deal of respect for him. Alas, to each their own. I've seen him play in numerous occasions - a couple of times while in Milwaukee playing against the Milwaukee Bucks. People (maybe all of them?) from Wisconsin hated him for one reason - he played for the Bulls. I remember that commercial and the empire it created for him. Oh well.
Old September 27th, 2021, 01:46 PM
Always room for one more

Norm I didn't say I hated the guy, just wasn't a fan. I suppose a lot of people in his position would grow a big head, maybe it was warranted maybe not. But I read several things that said he was a man of his word, and consistent. And he was loads better than the guy that followed that tried to steal his thunder. I'll think of his name in a minute.

He's got a great song.

But now I'm 10-8.

Old September 27th, 2021, 01:47 PM
Always room for one more

Dennis Rodman
Old September 27th, 2021, 01:49 PM
Jeff

Mike, no polish. Wet sanding, then washed and cleaned with a glass cleaner. Used an automotive clear coat from a rattle can as the final step, after everything dried off from cleaning.
Old September 27th, 2021, 01:54 PM
Running On Empty

Originally Posted by slantflat
Dennis Rodman
Kim Jong Un's douche nozzle.
Old September 27th, 2021, 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by slantflat
Hi everyone.

Chris you always have such clear pictures, and every time I try to take a picture there suddenly are 50 people swarming the car. I must have a sign that says, please get in my way.
Mike - Thanks for the compliment on the picture taking. When I'm showing my car I'm usually there for 6 or 7-hours, without a whole helluva lot to do. I can take my time and catch different cars when folks aren't swarming over them. Plus, the camera on my new phone seems to take exceptionally good pictures. Hope you have fun at the cruise-in!

Last edited by Dream67Olds442; September 27th, 2021 at 02:17 PM.
Old September 27th, 2021, 02:48 PM

Hello, a few replies.

I think Mike was a good ballplayer and was a decent dude. Too many pro athletes are freaks.

To swear on here, add or modify the word. Examples: Bullshit. Sheeyit. *****.

Drove my daily driver from Evansville to Decatur to see friends. We took her 84 H/O to Springfield's Route 66 show, which is under new management, and 80% the size it was, but it was successful and should continue. Met up with H/OCA friends and got them to move their 83 to the empty spot next to them.

We play "Oldsmobiles vs Monte Carlos" for ice cream. Sometimes "H/O's versus First Gen Monte Carlos". This show it was 16 Oldsmobiles to 12 Monte Carlos so I bought the ice cream. Show is in downtown, it's about a 6x6 block area. Figure that's 6 streets for 6 blocks one way, and 6 streets for 6 blocks the other way, and you get 72 "block lengths" with around 30 cars on each, minus about 6 or so oddballs, and you got about 1800 cars. In addition to the 4 80s H/Os, there were a few 442s, a couple big cars, and one 56 88 that was very nice. Many of the 442s had been modified.

Very nice weather; I also bought some used books and records. I think the show will continue and I am glad of it.

Old September 27th, 2021, 02:56 PM

7 Iron
That's a mighty strong 7 iron
Old September 27th, 2021, 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by Koda
Hello, a few replies.

Show is in downtown, it's about a 6x6 block area. Figure that's 6 streets for 6 blocks one way, and 6 streets for 6 blocks the other way, and you get 72 "block lengths" with around 30 cars on each, minus about 6 or so oddballs, and you got about 1800 cars. In addition to the 4 80s H/Os, there were a few 442s, a couple big cars, and one 56 88 that was very nice. Many of the 442s had been modified.
John - Wow, that's a large show, sounds like a great time! Glad they have a new sponsor to continue having it.
Old September 27th, 2021, 03:36 PM

That's a mighty strong 7 iron
James - For what it's worth, a 150-yard 7 iron was about spot on for me with no wind when I played regularly. I was about 10-yards per club starting at 130-yards for a full 9 iron, thru 190-yard, 3 iron. I carried, and often hit, a 1 iron for long Par 3's, 210 - 220-yards. I was fine with my driver, but never hit my fairway woods well at all. I'd much rather hit my 1 iron over a 5 wood any day of the week.
Old September 27th, 2021, 04:49 PM
Running On Empty

I intend to drop the ball in @ 155 yds behind & to the right of the pin drawing it back ~5 yds.
Old September 27th, 2021, 04:52 PM
Running On Empty

I intend to drop the ball in @ 155 yds behind & to the right of the pin drawing it back ~5 yds.
In my dreams....
Old September 27th, 2021, 04:54 PM

Greg, Chris is right, that is the option code for the Rallye 350, though it was never on the car anywhere. Chris, no surprise on the award as you have a nice car.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Rallye Option sheet.pdf (382.1 KB, 7 views)
Old September 27th, 2021, 05:10 PM

thanks for clearing that W45 up, Dan. Boy do I love looking at those old order forms! Makes me imagine what it musta been like to order one!! What a dream!