The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old August 7th, 2017, 01:44 PM
Always room for one more

Gee Jamesbo, I wonder who we'd be posting with if you were, otherwise, indisposed.

Got a few things moved around at the shop, and with no rain! I really need to get that mower fixed.

Summit tonight. Want to guess how many Oldsmobiles will be there?
Old August 7th, 2017, 01:59 PM

Allan, my movie suggestion is Another Year starring Jim Broadbent. It's an English film and was filmed three doors down from where I live. If you see the opening credits and see a big dude and his wife walking their dog, it's me. Naff film but it's a bit of fun.
As for my diet, it's still on track. I've now lost 33lbs. Luckily I'm naturally quite healthy and don't suffer any ailments. My cholesterol level is perfect and my heart is like someone twenty years younger (vegetarian for twenty two years), so apart from being a bit over my ideal weight and a twingey back I'm doing OK.
As for a nice curry, I only eat home made so I know what's in them.

Can't remember if I mentioned it before but I'm on the fund raising committee for the Mayors charity appeal this year. My next job is organising a London Cockney night complete with pie, mash and jellied eels sounds like it should be fun. I've now got a venue for free and an old style music hall act and the food at cost price. Should be able to raise a grand or so.

Jouni, damn that's a long drive, rather you than me. Surely it's easier to catch a plane?

Jim, funny story.

Weather here is still changeable with below average temperatures.
Old August 8th, 2017, 04:19 AM
CQR

Mornin all. Well vaca is over. back to the grind I guess.

Allan, There was no race this weekend. just play riding up in the hills. And yes, a little sore.

Hope everyone has a day.
Old August 8th, 2017, 04:50 AM

Mawn'in

Rain, rain

Headed notre,

The family is here from Colorado Springs. Hope it doesn't rain all week in the mountains guess the kids might build alot with Lincoln Logs and play endless Chinese checkers.

Years ago, [before he and his brother were older] we were all playing Trivia pursuit, [Me agaisnt 3] When I got in the center they got to pick the question in hopes I wouldn't win. They were dead certain, I didn't know the name of the cook on Bonanza. Naturally I knew Hop Sing. From that day forward, anytime they would doubt me, All I had to say was "Hop Sing"

Have a great day Olds friends
Old August 8th, 2017, 04:05 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Well we sure got a lot of rain during the night. Cool today but muggy.

I stayed up until almost 4 this morning, watching TV! When I was in Florida in June, my niece gave me a TV that they had replaced with a new one, and I finally got it hooked up, figured out what was wrong with my VCR, and watched hours worth of Speed Racer. How much fun was that. This afternoon I watched the pilot episode of Seinfeld.

Don't worry, John, i'll still take those TVs from you if you still want to get rid of them. I don't expect this one to last too long. It says 1988 on the back of it.

So Clint, when you were on vacation, was the kid holding down the fort or was he on vacation, too? I'll be out that way in a couple weeks.

Enjoy your family this week Jamesbo. Hope too many families don't call.

Okay first night of work. Only doing 4 this week as I'm headed to Florida this weekend. Have a good evening everyone.
Old August 8th, 2017, 11:39 PM

Morning.

Yesterday we spend at Venetsia. First time for wife, so she was all over the place. One thing irritating me, is tourists that nowadays cant do nothing without taking endless selfies, plus using that freakin selfie-stick.. Do they actually see anything when they spend all their energy for using their phone??
End of rant. That selfie-part goes to my wife also..
And we ate pizza, ofc. Oh boy, i cant even remember when was last time i ate so crap "pizza", i can buy better ones from markets froster, and they are 3 times cheaper. That was a let-down for sure. Italian ice-cream on the other hand hold the expectations.

Okay. Time for breakfast, then to beach. Tomorrow we head towards Budapest, maube somewhere along lake Balaton, will seesee.

Have a good day everyone.
Old August 9th, 2017, 04:47 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

Jamesbo, Seems they left all the moisture here where it don't belong. (of course when we have the house foundation opened to the elements is when we get the rain.)

Mike, He had Monday off as well. He is in no condition to be left alone while I'm on a test drive, let alone when I'm gone the whole day.

Inline, Enjoy the sights.

Have a day.
Old August 9th, 2017, 06:16 AM

Mak'in scratch cat head biscuits with sausage for the family in de mountains,

Super model goes completely crazy with little boys, she's gone to purchase worms to drown

Old August 9th, 2017, 02:31 PM
golden rocket

Pictures and such

Originally Posted by 1969w3155
Sorry Golden, no such luck with the pics.
tried to post pictures of the golden rocket (67 Delmont88 425) even though e-mail from nephew showed .jpg they didn't take. not real e-mail savvy, so at a total loss on most all stuff computer. don't know if I could cut and paste the whole e-mail. my daughter told me about cut and paste and what buttons to click.

just saw early evening news, they are predicting between 7-8 inches of rain between Friday evening and 6 AM Monday morning. we are on high ground, but the boat is ready.
Old August 9th, 2017, 02:37 PM

It's wet, wet, wet. I might have to swim to work in the morning!
Old August 9th, 2017, 03:54 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Rain here too. I like drought. Paint the dead grass green and move on.

Mike I'm pretty much computer illiterate myself. Once in a while I get lucky and get something to post, not often.

Clint does your wife still drive a semi and watch over a general store?

Jamesbo hope your visit is going well. Once upon a time some guys that worked for American went out to dig for worms in a thunderstorm, behind the hangar. One got struck by lightning, so the company decided to put up lights that flashed, and when they were on it meant lightning was close and to go inside. Well, airline people being who they are quickly dubbed them, worm lights.

Good night at work last night. Had three fairly large projects and all needed to be done before the respective planes could leave. No problem. Did take the whole night, but no passengers were delayed on my account.

Okay time to see what I can get into tonight. Hump Day. Hope everyone has a good evening.
Old August 10th, 2017, 04:50 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

Mike, Would be great to meet up when you are here. Lets see if we can make that happen. Yes, It's about hay season so she will be driving the KW again soon. The store is actually just Tack and Feed, but yes, it's still open and the SIL is the one who runs it. Sounds like they will be closing it down at the end of the year. the 2 "Big R's" they put in nearby has turned it into a losing proposition.

Jamesbo, I hope they catch lots.

London, that sounds a little more stereotypical for what us traitors expect over there. Hope its keeping everything green.

Well I had to let the new kid run the place yesterday morning. Mom called and asked be to take her to the ER. Seems she has a small bowel obstruction along with some chronic gastritis so she was hurting pretty good. THey kept her overnight, but plan on letting her go home today. They pumped some antibiotics into her hoping is was just the inflammation of an infection causing the blockage.

Have a day all.
Old August 10th, 2017, 07:06 AM

Mawn'in

Rain'in in the hills

Clint, Hope mom has a fast recovery

John, New chicken recipe [John likes his chicken]

Roscoe's chicken

Mix Durkees, lemon, vinegar, dry mustard together and baste on grill REALLY yummy We served it with Brussel Sprouts FDR [sliced drizzled with evoo and balsamic vinegar]

Old August 10th, 2017, 10:24 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Good morning, barely I guess

Twas a good visit wit de boys for brekkie. Nice to see everyone still chipper and green side up. Lots of good times and laughs.

Waiting on the granite folks to come and measure for the 5 counters they have to cut. I also want them to cut the sink as close to the original drain plumbing so I don't have to re plumb everything. They're Spoda call before they arrive.

London - I looked at the review, and decided to watch Star Trek Beyond instead. I like sci fi better than dramas. Maybe amother time.
Old August 10th, 2017, 03:43 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Currently raining, so I'm waiting to go out with Tiger so he might not get quite so wet. Been raining off and on all afternoon.

Clint I'll give you a shout when time gets closer. I'm only gonna be there a couple days, but I can pop in to say howdy. Glad the place didn't go down in flames when you were away. Hope Mom gets to feeling better soon.

Didn't you just say the kid wasn't able to run the place by himself? Hm.

Rain isn't letting up but we might have to go out anyway. Morning is a long time to be uncomfortable in your room.

Okay everyone, one more after tonight. Have a good night.
Old August 11th, 2017, 01:09 AM

Morning all,
Lazy Friday morn I'm still in bed though I should have been at work two hours ago.
Clint, you are correct, everything has now gone back to a beautiful green colour instead of shades of brown, much nicer.

Gotta go shopping today to get some clothes for my vacation on Tuesday. It's all very well losing weight but then all your clothes are too big! The only problem is that my local shopping mall is part of what makes up the 2012 Olympic site and they are having the World Athletic Championships there this week so there will be an extra 80000 people around. Might have to get my butt outta bed and go now!

Allan, Star Trek is a much better option, I only ever see the first ten minutes of Another Year as that's the bit I'm in!

Sunny day today with highs in the mid 70s.

Have a safe and sound Friday.
Old August 11th, 2017, 03:51 AM

No rain yet today in the hills, Kin Folk headed back to Colorado

I'm Headed south to meet a family

London, Jes make up a CARE package and send your clothes to me and Mike, We're in the Expansion mode, We'll send cha back some stuff we can't fit it.John might hop in the ban wagon also, He's got sum lovely leisure suits from his disco day

Old August 11th, 2017, 04:48 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

London, Nothing nicer that lush green Moors.

Mike, He did surprise me. Luckily I only had maintenance jobs lined up that morning. and I was only a phonecall away (unlike when up in the hills where the phone don't work)

Mom went home last night. No more pain so hopefully it stays that way.

Have a weekend.
Old August 11th, 2017, 07:19 AM
Just an Olds Guy

The finally Friday morning everyone waits for.

The granite template team did their thing yesterday, it took them about 2 hours to map out the required pieces. In the meantime everything is loosely back together and no water leaks.

Clint - Good to hear your mom is ok now. Hopefully it doesn't happen again. So,the kid surprised ya huh? That's a good sign.

London - We also are enjoying verdant lushness. I'm sure there are other places to .buy clothes that aren't so crowded. Don't keep your fat clothes or you could easily fall back since they would be in reserve. Chuck em all and keep moving forward.

Jim - Whaaaat? I thought de onee expanshun you did was at Milton. After all dat werk Ida thunk you'd drop at least 10 lbs. Gaining weight requires less willpower than losing it. Too many peeps just procrastinate about losing it and don't listen to their doctors when they go for checkups.

Golden - I hope you don't need to use your boat. That sounds like a lot of rain.

We had a very political storm last night. Huge winds, dark clouds and boomers, but nothing came out of it.
Old August 11th, 2017, 12:40 PM

Sad news for me. I just took my dog Ollie to the vets and it's nearly game over. I have this weekend to say goodbye to him. Gutted.
Old August 11th, 2017, 12:56 PM

So Sorry London
Old August 11th, 2017, 02:26 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Paul, I'm very sorry to hear your bad news. Thoughts and prayers for you and your beloved pet.
Old August 11th, 2017, 02:47 PM
Always room for one more

London I'm so sorry. You have my empathy. Hold that sweet pup every minute.
Old August 11th, 2017, 04:03 PM
Always room for one more

Okay it's Friday everyone.

Last night sucked. Didn't get a truck until 11, then worked my tail off the rest of the night, only to have the lead talk to me like I was some sort of stupid. Not sure what his problem is, he's like that with me all the time. Might have to finally go see the foreman about it.

Jamesbo hope the family had a good time. Safe trip home.

Nice out. Just a few drops of rain fell a little while ago, but then the sun came back out and it immediately became muggy as hell. Hope that subsides when it gets dark. That's one thing about the GSE guys. Our trucks are literally falling apart, but the AC always works.

Florida for me this weekend. Gonna paint another closet at Mom's house and hopefully start repairing walls in the bathroom. I hope she doesn't mind looking at white spots for a month.

Okay off I go. Have a good weekend everyone.
Old August 11th, 2017, 06:02 PM
golden rocket

golden rocket pictures

I think I might have figured out how to do this. Just going to try it.

Car has 69,000+ miles and is mostly original. It does have the original interior, but I will need to replace the head liner, and there are several splits in the instrument pad. Carpets are well faded out. Car was originally a "G" paint code- Gold, but was repainted sometime in the past. Looks like a champagne color, maybe a Honda color? Not sure. A/C components were mostly there in the trunk, just a few pieces missing, like the condenser, and some mounting brackets, along with all the bolts to mount them to the engine.
Old August 11th, 2017, 08:43 PM

London, sorry to hear about your dog, we sure do get attached to them. Golden, that's a very straight Olds that you have there. Is that a WS6 T/A in the background?
Old August 11th, 2017, 08:50 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Nice Delmont! That car is in very nice shape, especially for its age.
Old August 12th, 2017, 06:12 AM

Mawn'in

Spits rain, stops, clouds over spits rain again repeat

Mowed under dark clouds late yesterday, woke up and it was driveling, but stopped long enough to weed whack

Allan, I really don't understand why I'm not a hulk from all this work but it could be the enchiladas I love

London, someone alot smarter than me once told me "You can do something for him, he can't d for you."

Golden, By golly, I think ya got it. Mighty nice

Old August 12th, 2017, 07:49 AM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Glad this week is over. Now to go do some more work. Tiger and I went to the Awful house then jail. I didn't think this broad with a Rottweiler would ever leave. She was camped out just chatting. Tiger doesn't do well close to other dogs so we waited in the waiting room. And waited, and waited...

Mike that's a nice looking car. What's the build date?

Jamesbo I need to start in with the mowing ritual again, but it will have to wait until at least Monday. Hope it doesn't get too tall while I'm gone.

Okay off to catch a plane. Hope everyone has a good weekend.
Old August 12th, 2017, 01:19 PM
golden rocket

Originally Posted by 1969w3155
London, sorry to hear about your dog, we sure do get attached to them. Golden, that's a very straight Olds that you have there. Is that a WS6 T/A in the background?
London, my wife and I bred and raised dogs for 30+ years. Having them in a position of being so sick, that they have to be put down is heart breaking. My condolences.

That is the grandsons 2001 WS6 6 speed T/A. about 1800 miles on a new engine. He is wanting to sell it to get a truck. He took me for a "ride" in it, and all I can say is he has ice water in his veins. His younger brother has a Z06 Corvette. They come by it honestly, as my wife and I both raced way back when, as did our daughters and son. As we got older and sort of slowed down, the racing took a back seat, went into Motocross. Gave most all of it up about 20 years ago, and now my body is telling me about it.

Have a good weekend, y'all mike
Old August 12th, 2017, 08:00 PM
golden rocket

I got lucky on this buy. Seller had owners manual, protect-o-plate and build sheet. Car was built mid October 1966 and delivered to an Olds dealer in St. Paul on 14 Nov 1966. I have the build sheet scanned into the computer, but need more time to think on where I put it.
Old August 13th, 2017, 02:53 AM

Mawn'in

More clouds with rain on and off

Me thinks John decided to go thru with his threat. I hope you enjoy your sabbatical my friend

Allan, How's the kitchen coming?

Clint, NY strip isn't half as good as a bone in filet

Gotta get the cemetery perfect so I can go smack whitey tomorrow

Old August 13th, 2017, 03:45 AM

Morning all,

Thank you all for your kind thoughts. Ollie departed at 10.50 this morning.
Old August 13th, 2017, 05:39 AM

My little lads favourite place. Sleeping by my feet.
Old August 13th, 2017, 08:18 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

London I'm sorry. The poor little guy is fit as a fiddle now and forever romping in grassy fields. Doesn't help us here much right now, though.

Got to Mom's just fine, the plane was over an hour late taking off, but was only a 40 minute trip. I was so tired. I should have flown to LA. Got a couple projects done already this morning and have some painting to do this afternoon. Quick flight home tomorrow.

Beautiful out this morning. I'm not a huge fan of Florida but I do like the weather.

Okay gonna get to it. Have a good day everyone.
Old August 13th, 2017, 09:10 AM

Evening.

LondonCutlass - Sorry about your dog from both of us

Back at home. Damn, i didnt remember Finnish weather s***s that bad.. Id take even English weather over this..

Not alot else.. Next week working-schedule looks Super busy, but its all good, spend enough money this week. Now its time to finally focus on my Cutlass to get it back to road on next summer.

Okay, have a good sunday everyone.
Old August 13th, 2017, 10:00 AM

London, So sorry, He's waiting for you across Rainbow Bridge

http://petloss.com/rainbowbridge.htm
Old August 13th, 2017, 01:17 PM

London, so sorry, a fine looking lad.
Old August 13th, 2017, 05:46 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Sunday close

Good evening,

Twas Anutter hot and very windy day here. That's not a good combination cuz it's sucking the life and moisture out of all the plants. Lots of lawns starting to look a bit brown. Help is on the way though. It's clouded over, wind has shifted and a big ***** storm heading our way. I don't mind the rain, but this one has the potential for big hail too.

London - Ollie was a beautiful looking Westie. My friend Kent had one he called Piper, who also passed around this time last year. He was a well behaved and loved pet. Kent was heartbroken and shared his grief with his friends, and I can appreciate how much loss you feel right now. Kents missus went to a purebred Westie kennel and arranged to buy one for him without telling him. The new pup is pedigreed and called "Just Wee Jock". It's been a real salvation for them and helped refocus them. I know it's too soon to suggest, but I hope someday you find that special pup to make you happy again.

Jim - Uh, it's still the same. Granite will not be installed for at least 3-4 more weeks. The template team just did the measuring. The rest of the renos are sequenced for after the counter install, then I will test my skills with paint. I predict 44/47 tomorrow. I paid whitey to make it happen

Jouni - Welcome back! I hope your honeymoon went well and the Mrs is a happy girl. That must have been a hectic and rushed trip. Aren't you glad there's only 1 honeymoon? From now on it will likely only be honey do stuff
Old August 14th, 2017, 12:15 AM

Morning all

Jim, thanks for the link, very emotional stuff but one can only hope.

Allan, I will get another best friend but not yet, perhaps next year.

Jouni. You must be exhausted after that loooooong drive, did the wife enjoy the places she wanted to see?

I'm glad I'm going on my holiday tomorrow, and spend some quality time with my grandson. We are going to a pirate themed hotel in Majorca, full of noisy kids and I suppose pirates! Should be good as I've booked two suites in a quieter part of the hotel. My daughter and her partner are coming as well, he's got a wrap party tonight after finishing his filming so will probably be on the plane with a nice hangover.

Today the sun is shining and it's nice and warm and I'm going to smile all day and remember all the fun times and put the sad feelings away. Thanks again for all your kind words, they really do mean a lot to me.

Paul (London)