The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old August 2nd, 2017, 04:06 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Got home a little early this morning but didn't sleep well today. I was restless even when Tiger wasn't drooling on me. Went out and mowed a little bit then came in and laid back down. Hope that helps.

Jamesbo I bought a chipper, not a big one, with the notion that I was going to shred everything from branches to grass clippings and then compost it. Never have used it and now it's stuck. I guess I could get it running and sell it. Now if I had a big one like what you're looking at, whoa nelly there'd be no trees for miles around me.

Not much else. It's Hump Day. I guess that works for me as well. After tonight I have two left. Might plan on seeing my Mom over the next weekend.

Okay off to work. Have a good evening everyone.
Old August 2nd, 2017, 04:11 PM
Always room for one more

Old August 2nd, 2017, 10:08 PM

Well, I finally got my brothers T Bird sold, only had one person in the last two months that it has been for sale come and look at it, and he bought it, a kid in his twenties who will use it as a daily driver, replacing a four door Buick Skylark. (and I have my garage space back from that behemoth). Jamesbo, the cat is training you to feed him at four A.M., aren't you getting the message? Clint, jeesh what's it take to get good help now a days? Well, good luck in your search for someone who really wants to work, they seem to be getting harder to come by these days. Mike, that's some toothpick maker that ya got on video.
Old August 2nd, 2017, 10:52 PM

Morning.

Just a quick drop-in to say hello. Busy week, now heading to work->

Have a good thursday everyone!
Old August 3rd, 2017, 04:40 AM

Mawn'in

A friend of mine once said, " I heard someone scream "F$^&* on the golf course the other day, It was the second worse thing I've ever heard" So I bit, "what was the first'

"A woman's voice"

As luck would have it, now that I've finished my chores, they're having a ladies golf outing today and the place is full

Mike, the chipper man is spose to come out tomorrow and give me an estimate, His chipper is more like a giant roller with teeth that fits on the front of a BOBcat

The horse ladies rent is gonna rise soon.

Clint, I tag ya with a grill on FB What cha think of it

Have a great day Olds friends
Old August 3rd, 2017, 04:40 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

Dan, I'm sure it's happening everywhere but I'd be surprised if its as bad everywhere as it is here. This state has seemed to change drastically since they passed legal pot. Honestly I don't know how people afford to live here anymore. A buddy of mine that has run a independent motorcycle repair shop for 17 years just got booted out of his building for a dispensary. The kid showed up yesterday and did a fairly decent job, hopefully he can make it 2 in a row. BTW what year Tbird?

Inline, be safe.

Had a magnificent thunderstorm this morning around 2, Wish I could enjoy them more. These new drop We give to the JRT hasn't cured him, but he doesn't go into full panic mode anymore. Rained about .6" and of course washed some mud into the moat out front. The inspector is spose to come ck the footer form and rebar. hope it didn't put too much mud in there.

Have a day all.
Old August 3rd, 2017, 06:25 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Tis the day of Thor.
Old August 3rd, 2017, 03:54 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Slept better today, that is when I was allowed to sleep. I wonder if I could slip a little Nyquil in Tiger's food in the morning.

Clint I wish you better luck with workers. I thought this guy, though not astute, was at least willing to learn. Maybe you should hire an old guy.

Just spent all my outside time on the phone with a guy that's stuck in Allentown, because his plane's anti-skid isn't working. So, now I have to convince Tiger he needs to go out and be quick about it.

Have a good evening everyone.
Old August 4th, 2017, 02:44 AM

Good day everyone. Woke up at 1145am

Was at work for night, and slept so far i could so it wouldnt tire me at night.
So, today were going to our honeymoon, 9 days.
Boat leaves at 0945pm to Estonia, and then theres only ~1500miles separating us from our destination Should be there well at sunday-morning, plenty of time to drive.

Jamesbo - Lol, laughed to that woman's voice joke Has the chipper-man visited already? Its like an CMM, just 100-times smaller

CQR - What year TB? Theyre beautiful cars. Ford has somehow a bad rap over here generally ( old american ones, not these new ones)

Allan R - Rains alot here, not thundering tho. Its good it rains now when im leaving this country

Okay, have a good friday and incoming weekend. I have a lot of preparations to do, but think ill visit on pc before we leave.
Old August 4th, 2017, 03:06 AM

Mawn'in

Yesterday, I did nothing then rested up

The place looks pretty good except for 2 sections of white 4 board fence that got crushed by a pecan limb.

I may continue to do nothing one more day

Inline, The chipper dude is spose ta show up today, We'll see

Mike, I'm no so sure about the Nyquil

Allan, Your briefity is thunderous, Musta spent another day changing light bulbs

Clint, Help around here is impossible to find, Everyone who can run jump or swim has gone home to mexico. Maybe they'll finally have an Olympic team

Have a GREAT day Olds friends
Old August 4th, 2017, 04:48 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

Inline, I was referring to Dan's post. My father had a '64 Landau when I was just turning driving age. Then he traded it in on a '80 Bird. (what a Terrible Mistake)

Jamesbo, We don't seem to have that problem here. I should have really tried harder in Spanish class. As far as that grill goes, I'm not sure I could afford the weekly payments

Mike, Honestly if I had a larger selection of applicants, I would really think about it.

Finally heading to the mountains for a 3 day weekend. Catch you all next week.
Old August 4th, 2017, 08:25 AM

Clint, it was 1974, a beast of a car, long as hell and barely fit in my garage.
Old August 4th, 2017, 09:57 AM

Evening all.

Clint. If you think you have it bad with staff, you should be in my place. I've now got 112 and all of them a pain in the butt. I've heard every excuse under the sun as to why they can't come to work so now I have a policy of sending them straight to the HR if they've had even one day sick. My HR is like most of them as in a bit of a bully who doesn't take any crap.

Nice easy day fixing a few things around the nursery.
Weekend I got new bedroom curtains to put up and a couple of rugs to clean so nothing too strenuous.

Weather coolish around 72 but nice and sunny pm.
Old August 4th, 2017, 10:25 AM
Just an Olds Guy

It's Fried eh and about how I feel right now. Film at 11. Mebbe
Old August 4th, 2017, 10:47 AM

For those that may be interested, Here' the mulch dude's video. BTW, I'll let cha know how interested I am when I get the guestimate Allan, Wanta throw a number out. [It's gotta be easier than guessing what I'm gonna shoot on the golf course
Old August 4th, 2017, 04:05 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Tis Friday, or is it. I'm seriously considering working OT tomorrow. I should have my head examined. Eh, easy money.

Dan that's the big Elite body. Once in a while I get the notion to look for a 74-76 Torino, so I can paint it up to look like Starsky and Hutch, and most of the cars I see are the Elite. Ford sure got a lot of use out of that body.

Jamesbo I wouldn't want to get my foot caught in that thing. It would be like that scene from Fargo.

London how long did your patience hold out before you implemented the HR department?

Okay time to hit it. Hope everyone has a good weekend.
Old August 4th, 2017, 05:28 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Jim - I have no idea how much work is involved (like what size area) so I'll just throw out 1836.71
Old August 5th, 2017, 06:47 AM

Allen, It's about 4 acres

Headed norte
Have a great weekend Olds friends
Old August 5th, 2017, 07:14 AM

Mike, I implemented my HR around ten years ago when I went through an expansion going from 30 to 80 employees. As you can imagine, in my line there is a huge amount of paperwork and checks we have to make, if I didn't have an HR I would end up spending too much time going through everything.
As we are expanding again this year I have just employed another HR, who's just as scary as the other one.
By this time next year I should have a workforce of around 200, that sounds like a very stressful payday!

Allan, so what film did you catch last night?

Thunder and lightning, bit of rain then cloudy, and now it's warm and sunny, so I could have just said changeable.

Start of the football (soccer) season today - come on you Shrimpers!
Old August 5th, 2017, 03:28 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Beautiful today and not too hot. Which is not what it was supposed to be. That's why I signed up for overtime tonight. Eh, I got up a little early and got a couple things done, so the whole day isn't a wash.

So London you employ an outside company that does the HR stuff? I was thinking it was an internal thing you set up. Good that you have people you can rely on. I hear employees can be a bit of a pain sometimes.

Jamesbo, if I put a new set of 10 ply's on that trailer, what is the most it could carry?

I think tomorrow I'm gonna scrounge through the garage. I need to find a couple things I've been missing for awhile. Who knows what all I'll find, I've been packing stuff away in there for the past 12 years. Wouldn't mind digging the three cars out that are in there.

Okay off to work. Cha-ching. Have a good weekend everyone.
Old August 5th, 2017, 04:41 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
It's about 4 acres
ok, how about $125/acre + travel time to the site? That's assuming it's just light brush you want to shred. Then again, they might charge per hour so this is a crap shoot for me. Much like predicting your golf scores. Only thing is I know you're usually good for the mid 40's on the front and rear.
Heck, don't worry boudit. Just charge it to the horse lady.
Old August 5th, 2017, 05:05 PM

Sorry Mike I think you misunderstand me. All of my HR is internally run by me, that's why my life is too stressful!
Old August 6th, 2017, 08:46 AM
Captain Starfire

Wet one in da' swamp.... Hoping it will be a good week this week... Very few things planned for a change. Hoping to finish all the S/F sheetmetal paint prep tomorrow or Tuesday.

Hard to believe, but first Saints preseason game is Thursday. To whence doth time flee?

Have a great one you'selves, Olds friends.
Old August 6th, 2017, 10:06 AM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

My first night of overtime in I don't know how long went fairly well. I was busy all night but wasn't frustrated like the guy I was working with. Well that guy can make a mountain out of a molehill with anything.

Ah, London you're right it sounded to me like you did have an external HR. If it's all run by you no wonder you like them so much.

Got do something productive today. I was going to stay up when I got home, then decided to go to bed for a couple hours. That turned into 10am, then noon, then 1. That's okay, beats being a zombie all day. I'm gonna go work in the garage this afternoon. Maybe I'll be able to make a path so I can walk in there without crawling over everything.

Okay have a good afternoon everyone.
Old August 6th, 2017, 11:01 AM

Mike, I carried 2 pallets of concrete block,1 pallet of sacks of mortar mix and a big pile of sand once w/o any problem. I have no idea what that ways, There may be a tag on the tongue

Allan, That's rich, the horse lady cann barely pay me on time. The wad of 20's looks like a] She won a crap game or 2] Her street corner was busy
Old August 6th, 2017, 03:40 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Jim - Funny stuff. I wouldn't care how she got the money as long as she didn't steal it. From what you expressed about her before, somehow I think it's more likely it would be crap game winnings. When is your estimate coming?

Found a nice instructive DIY on adjusting a Kohler small engine (lawn mowers) on line. It was exactly the right information and simplicity to apply. Only thing I don't have is an electronic tach pulse meter to see how close I got it. It's adjusted by ear now and runs absolutely perfect.

Following the lawn haircut and trimming I mixed up some 2 4D and sprayed front and back to discourage the neighbors weeds from immigrating to my turf. Some peeps don't know how to maintain property, which is frustrating because it lowers the value of the neighborhood just in curb appeal.

Clint - Hope your mountain retreat Race went well. Did Lynne race too? I'm guessing yes. Still got the caution tape up,around the moat?

London - Nope, sometimes I just get in a funk which can be a nasty spiral. Being cooped up during bad weather can do it. Any suggestions for a good movie?

Jouni - Happy honeymoon to you and the Mrs. Enjoy the cheap beer. Lol, like I need to tell you that.

John - Hopefully it dries out so you can finish your project. The longer they stay apart the less enthusiastic peeps get about finishing them. Don't ask.

Tomorrow here is a stat holiday so a short work week for most.
Old August 6th, 2017, 04:39 PM
golden rocket

67 Delmont 88 425. I copied the pictures from an e-mail my nephew sent. Hope it comes through.

DSCF0009.JPG (532.4 KB)
DSCF0010.JPG (546.3 KB)
DSCF0011.JPG (548.3 KB)
DSCF0012.JPG (550 KB)
DSCF0013.JPG (538 KB)
DSCF0014.JPG (540.8 KB)
DSCF0015.JPG (580.3 KB)
DSCF0016.JPG (581.5 KB)
DSCF0017.JPG (553.7 KB)
DSCF0018.JPG (561.3 KB)

Hope it is not to big for post.

mike
Old August 6th, 2017, 06:37 PM
MOTORHEAD

my

oh my

oh my my found myself in this happy place

again
Old August 6th, 2017, 07:49 PM

Sorry Golden, no such luck with the pics.
Old August 7th, 2017, 03:00 AM

Mawn'in

Another plan gone down le toilet

Have a family coming at 2:30 so I "had planned" to smack whitey SSS and meet them BUT it's raining soooooooooooooo no dice

Allan, They haven't called back, May be too small a job for them. I can't imagine driving all over creation to look at jobs ya don't want fool with.

Speaking of which, I'm become a professional "follow upper" Seem like a rash of folks don't want to bother to return my calls, It's a giant PITA

Mike, Whatcha planning on hauling? I used to put the Massey Ferguson on it with a bush hog all the time and lug it around

John, Are you and your better half gonna be in the mountains for the eclipse? We're right in the path so I've got "friends" I haven't spoken to in years trying to get me to have an " eclipse party" in the hills. Same kinda friends that call me up annually and say "Are our tomatoes ripe"

It ain't a gonna happen, Long time ago, I figgered out the difference between "Friends and acquaintances "

GTG

Have a great day Olds friends
Old August 7th, 2017, 06:25 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Jamesbo no rain here, we got ours last night. I hope it's nice today I want to go work at the shop. Oh we also got rain right in the middle of the afternoon yesterday, when I wanted to work in the garage. I did get a little bit done out there.

I was thinking about buying another tractor. The one I wanted in the first place, a Ford 4500 loader/backhoe. They weigh around 7000. Four E-rated 10 ply's are good for about 11000lbs so if the trailer is stout enough I should be good.

Well cutting out the Awful house didn't last long. Tiger wanted to go last night and I didn't want to disappoint him. We're slow to get going this morning so I might take him on my errands and we'll stop in.

Okay here I go. Have a good day everyone.
Old August 7th, 2017, 06:47 AM
Captain Starfire

Dank & muggy one in da' swamp... not a clear day predicted this week. Poor grass (and mower).

Jamesbo, it sounds as if your wisdom is commensurate with your years (meaning: you're one fart smeller --- ooops, I mean smart feller). I'd tell those tomato-seeking acquaintances to take a long walk on a short pier, myself. And yes, we're going to be up on the 21st. I got myself a nice little (cheap) Celestron telescope with solar filter so's we can look right into the mouth of the beast. I'd like to get a filter for my old movie camera to take some movies, as well.... But my astronomer brother promises he will be taking big-time pic's from his perch in Kentucky, so not to worry. (I originally thought he said Oklahoma.) But of course, everything depends on whether we have a clear sky that day.

Y'all have a great one, Olds friends.
Old August 7th, 2017, 07:04 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Good morning

Tis raining here this morning, a nice gentle soaking rain. That's good because it's Spoda be hot the next few days.

Jim - Some plans are doomed from the start, just cuz. I figure they'll get back to you soon especially since $ is $. Poor ol,whitey gets a reprieve. Don't you golf when it's misting out? I heard on de news that a lady out Colorado way is charging peeps $750 to camp on her property and watch the eclipse. For me it's just another day and not such a big deal.

Brian - Yes, yes you did.

Clint - How'd the weekend go? Are your muscles still feeling it?

London - Stick to your diet and persevere. Sometimes it means giving up some of the foods you really like. Not sure how the curry works out with that, but when I have some it usually elevates my blood sugars quite a bit. Have a serious talk with your pancreas or your doctor. I was IGT for almost 16 years before I became insulin dependent.

I think the giant multicultural festival in Hawrelak Park is going to be a bust today if the rain stays. Food bank says to come down anyway with $ donations. Seems they have a lot of increased demand. You know, peeps showing up in their Lexus, BMW, Mercedes, Cadillacs all saying they can't make ends meet and are struggling to feed their kids. Interview on the news makes me wonder, some of them look like they eat 10 times a day. Yeah buddy....
Old August 7th, 2017, 07:15 AM

Allan, That kinda reminds me of when I was a pup there was an organ grinder with a monkey on a leash at a major mall. The monkey would come up. take your money, tip his hat and give it to the organ grinder. I used to give the monkey coins all the time, til one day, I saw the guy leaving in his Lincoln Continental with a cage in the back seat
Old August 7th, 2017, 07:33 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Yeah, you get it first hand too Jim. It's all based on perception till you see reality. Now, not everyone fits the description I painted, but it sure seems most folks find it easier to get handouts than work to get things. The age of entitlement seems to breed contempt especially from the chronic abusers, who don't get turned away. Makes me want to get a monkey and go to the mall.... PT Barnum would be amazed at how much he could make in today's society.
Old August 7th, 2017, 08:24 AM

Mike, Here's a good idear

http://speedsociety.com/man-buys-a-w...ok&utm_medium=
Old August 7th, 2017, 08:40 AM
Always room for one more

I've heard of that guy before. Great idea. I wanted to buy an old grocery store, but it was a tad costly. And it was in the middle of downtown Jackson and I sure didn't want to live there.

Walked out of the house this morning without my phone. Guess what, no one called anyway. Stopped off at the shop for a few minutes on the way home, gonna go back over later on with my pickup.
Old August 7th, 2017, 10:05 AM

Mike, True story. I was working for a sporting goods store and one morning the boss said "Take my truck and deliver those basketball goals To the prison in Jackson."

Like the good boy I was I took them down there, went through the gate, went to the loading dock and guard signed for them and a few inmates unloaded them

On the way out, a guard looked into the truck and saw my boss's laundry headed for the cleaners and said "DON'T you ever bring clothes in here again"

So when I got back to the store, I told my boss what the guard said.

My boss said OH $hit, I left my pistol under the seat

I could still be down there [inside] if they'd seen that pistol and that was 37 years ago
Old August 7th, 2017, 12:09 PM

Evening guys.

Here we are, second day at Vrsar, Croatia.
We drove 32 hours non-stop, only stopped for refueling and swapping driver. My wife drove strategical 450kms out of 2310km, so i could sleep. Faced traffic jams, road-works and huge storm, which all took some extra time, but anyways, it was a good succeed.

Tomorrow were visting Venetsia, and at thursday were leaving to Hungary, to see Budapest, and at ftiday-evening start heading back to home.

Have a nice week everyone!
Old August 7th, 2017, 12:41 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Jouni - Good to hear you are safe and enjoying your honeymoon! I thought you were going for 2 weeks though. That's a heck of a long drive; probably close to 5000km by the time you're home again?

Jim - Yikes! We could have been sending you emails in de pokey?? Just a bit of a head start for the upcoming curling season here. There's a curling shot called 'a pistol'. It's one where no one thinks it's possible but you pull it off anyway, and walk away like it's no big deal...
Cool video, I saw they had some Olds 442's and also a 69 HO dat wasn't burnt to a crisp. I wouldn't want the job of dusting there.