The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old January 10th, 2019, 08:05 AM

Ah, now i got it after visiting that aforementioned topic.
Not to this particular case, but there have been some interesting things on VINS. I once bought Volvo 760, from first owner, and got full documentation to prove it.
I cant remember what was the exact difference, but it had something which was released on next year, but that car had it over half an year earlier ( model year, cant remember exactly but Volvo´s model year, atleast way back then, changed somewhere around August), and ive also owned 144 which was also from first owner, but was also next modelyear like over half-year before release. Apparently, they both have been clearly some pre-production cars which somehow had passed the junkyard. Both had VIN numbers matching the timeline also.
But, Volvo way back then was really Small manufacturer compared to big Americans.
Old January 10th, 2019, 08:13 AM

Can ya smell the crayfish gumbo on the stove
Old January 10th, 2019, 08:15 AM

No i cant, but i sure wish i could
Old January 10th, 2019, 08:24 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Ummm, I think so. Nope I was wrong. It's the smell of freshiy brewed coffee. Today I decided to challenge the concept that coffee is bad for people with diabetes. When I was first diagnosed the nutritionist I was seeing to change my lifestyle of food intake said coffee was bad bad bad. So I unplugged my coffee maker and it went into storage. Luckily I didn't throw it out because it's a nice unit. Anywho, today I retrieved it and cleaned it up. Ran a carafe of water through it to prime it and now it's making me some black Arabica nectar. I'm going to flavor it with some International Delight Southern Butter Pecan. So if ya don't hear back from me again, it killed me. Not likely though, hahahaha.
Old January 10th, 2019, 09:20 AM

WHAT? No kopi luwak
Old January 10th, 2019, 10:14 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
WHAT? No kopi luwak
Dis jess about sums up my thoughts aboot cat poop coffee
Old January 10th, 2019, 12:13 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Nice treat at work, we had steak for lunch. I guess this is our holiday dinner that got pushed back because the vendors brought in food. We were supposed to have this last week, but I'm glad it was today because I wasn't there last week.

So Allan you're going to dress down the boy for not hanging up his jacket? You're a tough crowd. Not plugging the car in could be a hard life lesson: Walking. I'm not a coffee drinker but I suspect even if I were I'd pass on that kopi as well.

That certainly is an interesting thread about the woman's car. I assume she's a woman, a foreign name of Julle could be a man. Anyway, my first thought was it was stolen and then shipped, but if it was sold new over there who knows. After all the nay-saying I'm sure she's thrilled that she said anything at all. It is a pretty car.

Jamesbo maybe you should use a can that has a little less weight to it, like only 12oz.

Beautiful out but in the 30s. WTH is that all about. Well, it is January. Maybe I'll get the lawn mower out. That might convince me that it isn't winter.

Have a good afternoon everyone.
Old January 10th, 2019, 01:00 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Mike, it's not being a tough crowd. He's been doing that for awhile now, plus he'll take off his shirt and leave it lying on the floor or on the sofa instead of putting it in the clothes hamper. I don't think that's being a tough crowd to ask for some compliance there. I'm sure you'd be thrilled if you had guests that dumped their stuff on the floor instead of hanging them up in the entry closet that's only 3' away? Far as plugging in the car, I'm sure it wold have started anyway but I like to give an engine a fighting chance in cold weather, especially since he only drives it 8 miles to work. Hardly much time to warm up. Anyway, it's under our roof so it's our rules.
Old January 10th, 2019, 01:08 PM

Julle is mens name. We have Julle's too here in Finland, not the most usual, but neither most unusual name.
​​
Old January 10th, 2019, 01:09 PM

Inline, here's the trick to making good gumbo, it takes time an patience

Old January 10th, 2019, 02:41 PM
Always room for one more

I totally get the your house your rules. It just sounded like you were going to whoop him like he's a little kid. Now, the shirt thrown about is a different story. We're not having no half-nekkid boy walking around the house...

If Julle really is a man, he'll appreciate everyone calling him Julie and a lady. Eh, if it really bothered him he'd say something by now. Or he's really a girl.

I actually did go out and mow a little. It's about 45 out so it wasn't dreadful. Looks a little better. Also collected some more firewood to bring up to the can on the porch. The stove will get started in just a few minutes.
Old January 10th, 2019, 02:48 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Hahaha, Mike? He's strong. No way I'd be able to whup him even if I tried. Besides he and I share a close bond that I'm not about to play crazy train with. He's our only child and it's really hard to get pi$$ed at him. I always let him know when I'm upset with what he does and that seems to work. Having an open line of communication is way better than keeping stuff bottled up inside. Half nekkid kid? Sometimes he wanders around with only sweat pants on, but only sometimes. He also seems to love his comfy bed and will sleep sometimes for 12+ hours. His waking hours would match anyone who works odd shifts at weird hours.

Funny in the summer when its hot he wears long sleeve shirts almost exclusively. Not me, that's when I go into ventilation mode.
Old January 10th, 2019, 10:36 PM

Happy Birthday Jim!!!
Back from down south today, spent 3 days there with very little reception on my phone, 3g only lol
I think I would wrap my house in Hardiplank or some other of their product. Not just because I make it and all that but it is way more resistant to the elements.
Not sure what we are having for dinner tonight, might try out the brand new blender I found in Grandad's pantry Just have to clear the dust off it before opening it up.
Time to get some chores done before Tink gets home from work,
Take care everybody,
Adrian
Old January 10th, 2019, 11:48 PM

Good Morning everyone.

Friday. Its snowing again and promises more towards evening
Today ill get my block and crank with rods back to machinery. I have a neat tip for everyone; whatever you think it takes money, double it and your not far off

Jamesbo - I have to watch that video. Have you ever eaten Gulass? Hungarian traditional food. Reeeaaalllly tasty

slantflat - I must go ask if hes man or women now Actually had to google swedish ( i Still remember something from that language, but mostly forgotten since we dont use that language here where i live, Finland is officially two-language country, and there are plaes where they almost solely speak only swedish), and turns out Julle is either mens or womens name on Sweden, but looks like 9/10 Julles are mens from some statistics

ausraven - Nice to see you too

Okay, have a day all

Last edited by Inline; January 10th, 2019 at 11:54 PM.
Old January 11th, 2019, 06:14 AM

mawn'in

Time fer a Good morning thread game

When is it colder in Hotlanta that Allan's or Inline's home town. Adrian sorry you can't play [unless we gave you six months + -
We got down to 26 this mawn'in

headed norte with gumbo in hand fpr my 92 year old uncle

Have a great day Olds friends
Old January 11th, 2019, 06:49 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Good morning everyone,

I don't know if coffee is the right thing to experiment with. How long does it take the body to get rid of caffeine? I got maybe 3 hours of sleep last night. Nothing, absolutely nothing I could do would get me some ZZ's. So naturally this morning I'm feeling like I have a couple pianos tied to my legs and my energy level is so far down it doesn't even register on a motion detector. Just great - that's what I need for a 30 minute hiway commute and then battling John Gould at the Saville. I like John, he's a really good guy who curls (ready for this?) 6 times a week. Sometimes he curls 2 games a day and when he's not curling what does he do? Ya, he books practice ice so he can get even better. He's going to be tough to beat.

Jim -Answer: It doesn't. This morning it's only 6° here. But unlike Jouni, we didn't get any snow overnight. Have fun with your uncle. I'm sure he'll like the gumbo

Adrian - Welcome back mate

Ok, time to get cleaned up and dressed for the big game. Later.
Old January 11th, 2019, 10:56 AM

Jim you're right I can't play that game but that's cool
Back to work this morning. I'll find out if they repaired the bridge I broke on my last night shift today. They installed a new one over the Christmas period for the upgrades we are getting and it wasn't right so it broke. I told them what was wrong with it on Sat but they didn't listen so now they had to fix it good and proper.
I'll have to come down south when we make the big move Jim and try some Gumbo I think. Sounds good.
Shouldn't take that long for the body to get rid of the caffeine Allan but seeing as you aren't a big drinker of it that may have something to do with it.
Time to hit it as they say,
Take care all,
Adrian
Old January 11th, 2019, 11:13 AM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Just got home from work, which isn't terrific for a Friday. The wheels were slow to come to us and no one seemed real motivated. Eh, I don't care. There was lots of complaining by people who didn't do $hit all day. All next week I'm training on the NDT machine. This is for the class I went to the beginning of December. Not terribly thrilled about it but it looks like a good gig.

Beautiful out and not that cold. I had thought I'd wash the dogmobile but it's going to rain tomorrow so I might just clean out the inside. Also need to gather up as much dry firewood as I can and stash it so it doesn't get wet.

I see gas jumped up 14c over night. That should be against the law. There's no reason for it to go up, much less that amount all at once. I think I'll set up a still and distill all my compost into alcohol and put that in the car.

Adrian I still think you're crazy for leaving warm weather for cold weather. But hey I guess if you've had warm weather your whole life the cold might sound good. If that wears on you you can always come down here where it rains a lot. I actually wouldn't mind moving over there but I'm too old to do that now.

Okay gonna do something. Have a good afternoon everyone.
Old January 11th, 2019, 01:13 PM

Never too late to have an adventure Mike. We are hoping to be able to have an annual holiday once we are all settled. Your right about being sick of the heat too lol. Always the way isn’t it, people who spend their whole life in one climate would do anything to try a new one.
Old January 11th, 2019, 01:44 PM
Always room for one more

I was actually going to immigrate to Australia and be a citizen, but I had to do that before I was 45. I suppose I could get some sort of extended work visa and go for a few months, but I would have to find a place for all my stuff while I was gone, and that wouldn't be easy. Not to mention Tiger would not have an easy time getting over there.

You know what they say, the grass is always greener...
Old January 11th, 2019, 02:12 PM

That’s true Mike. Since we don’t have rabies here getting any sort of animal that could carry it in takes a long time and a fair bit of money.
Old January 11th, 2019, 08:06 PM
Oh no, not again...

Well that was a sore and uneventful week. Spent a ton of money at the chiropractor and this time it didn't help. Usually it does. Had to use a new chiropractor and that's probably why, he doesn't know he pretty much has to beat the hell out of me in order for things to set up right. So I'm still living with back pain. Oh well.
Just finished building a Waltham Model 1857. Damn thing runs like a trooper face down and on it's side, but stops dead face up. Not sure what's going on yet but it's irritating. The watch dates to 1872, so I guess it has an excuse.
Not much going on this weekend, my shop manual for the 53 came in, so I'm starting to study that. The parts catalog should be here this week.
As for what Jouni calls "gulass", I know it as "Goulash", which is a Hungarian beef stew with peppers and paprika. I make a wicked Goulash soup; German style, which means you toss everything but the kitchen sink in. Haven't made one in forever though; - the base stock is usually an "Au Ju"s style sauce either from a pot roast or Rouladen. Just don't make enough anymore to have left overs... I'll have to see if I can find the recipe.
Back to this damn watch...fixed 4 issues so far; now to figure out the toughest one.
Have a great weekend!
Old January 11th, 2019, 11:02 PM

Good Morning everyone.

Saturday, cold.. Thankfully its not snowing. Enough of that. If somebody likes snow and cold, i can volunteer and swap houses during winter. Ive been having perfectly good idea for a while now, wife aint so excited about it; since i work only from spring to start of winter, when there is "warm", we could live on middle/ southern europe, somewhere warm, and i would just travel to work on Finland for summer, and we could buy summer cottage from here. Id take that any day of a week, Hungary probably would be my choice, i really like that country. And with my income we would be living like kings there.

Allan R - Ive so used to coffeine that its like zero help for me if i want to wake up, i can drink few cup of coffees and after washing teeths going straight to bed without any problems to sleep. Sounds like Gould is even more hardcore curling guy than you

ausraven - Whaaaat? You did break a bridge? Explain!

nailheadcanuck - If you could find that recipe, it would be amazing. Actually, now speaking, i could do gulass next week. Stews, and actually everything else becomes delicious when you let them sit overnight on cast-iron pot put to hot fire-place…

Okay, have a good weekend everyone!
Old January 12th, 2019, 02:39 AM

Inline I work in the autoclave yard at work at the moment and to load them we need to raise and lower a small bridge for the trains to be loaded and unloaded into them. The new bridge wasn't quite lined up and when I pulled the train out it jumped and bent the bridge. Keep in mind the trains are around 45 meters long and weight up to 90 tonnes fully loaded and each carriage of the train loaded is roughly 8 tonnes so when that much weight jumped on the bridge it just bent it We deal with a fair bit of weight at work lol. Fiber cement sheeting isn't light.
Old January 12th, 2019, 06:10 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Good morning everyone,

Spoda be a nice day here for a change. I'll wait and see. I wouldn't mind if we got some Chinook winds up here to melt some of the snow and make it back to grilling weather again. I still have plenty of meat in the freezer that would love to meet up with the BBQ and get sizzled.

Jouni - John's a really good guy and i have a lot of respect for him. He also doesn't mind sharing observations on ice conditions or rocks. Yesterday we both agreed that the ice was keen when we did our practice slides. That means about 14.5 seconds hog line to hog line. What neither of us were expecting is that the Saville had just conditioned the rocks. That's a process of sanding the bottoms (special technique that costs about $1200/16 rocks) It makes the running surface very sharp and also causes extreme curl. We found that out right away on lead rocks. Overall it was a very close game and I had to bale our team out on almost every end with either a draw or a tap raise shot. I was on fire yesterday and made almost everything. It came down to John's last rock (we had hammer) and he needed to come by a high guard to take out one of our counters. He made the shot by millimeters of clearance on the guard. If he had missed or hit the guard I had an open shot to tie the game and force an overtime draw to the button. I congratulated him on his shot and also mentioned that if he hadn't made it, we were definitely going to that overtime draw. He replied (and this is high praise coming from someone like him) that he was so grateful he made that shot because he was certain that he wouldn't be able to match any draw I made. Yes, he's hard core but a wonderful guy. j

Adrian - Let's see now. Planes, trains and Automobiles. Anything you haven't played with??? Actually it sounds like a pretty dangerous job you're doing. Nice video you posted on FB. You still miss waking up to frost on the inside of the camper doors? Ah, you're gonna hate this mate. Gas here - I filled up yesterday for 75.4¢/ L. For our Southern friends, that's $US 1.85/gal. I know it can't last long before something has to give and we're back to the big oil rape and pillage with a vengeance to make up for lost ground. Even BC, where you spent most of your trip last year has come down from $155/L to around $125/L, but they tax the hell out of everything and create barriers to low price markets.

Mike - Why would you have to immigrate to Oz before 45? Was that just a number you picked or is there some significance to Oz's immigration laws?

Marc - Sounds like the watch has a movement that has a balance problem on part of it's internals. Maybe a bearing that allows too much up/down play somewhere? Sorry to hear about your back problems. I'd call up the Chiroquack and tell him you want warranty because all he did was make it worse.

Yay, today is the day the boys new puter gets built. Then all those boxes will be outta my way. Dan's coming over to build it. He's a computer nerd and is excited to build this one because it's a high end dedicated puter.

That's about it. Have a good weekend.
Old January 12th, 2019, 08:14 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Cloudy and cold this morning. Rain expected this afternoon. Don't have any plans to go anywhere so the stove might get cranked up.

So who knows anything about windows. I have huge picture windows in the back of my house, and the seal has broken and they are no longer thermal. Sitting next to them I can feel a draft and it's cold in the back part of the house. I've always heard that it's a bad investment to buy windows because it takes so long for them to pay you back. I don't know about that but my gas bill is around 100 bucks a month and the thermostat is set at 65*. I wouldn't get ones as big as these, so that would mean modifying the walls. Hm. Maybe I'll just wear a sweater.

Allan that's just something I saw on the consulate's website. Some years ago it was looking pretty grim for Big D, so I figured I'd move in with my friends over there, get a part time job so I could own a car and drink beer. Had it all figured out, I'd come back to see my Mom twice a year, and then probably come back for good after 5 or so years. The trouble was I would have had to sell everything I own, which would mean I'd have literally nothing when I got back, and the stuff that I absolutely wouldn't get rid of I'd have to find a place for. This was before I had Sparky and Jetta. As it turned out things got better at work and age 45 came and went, so that was that.

Marc I was wondering where you'd been. I hate that your still in pain after all that. That clock that won't run standing upright, sounds like you have something in backwards.

Adrian is this a train that you drive? Or is it just a bunch of cars linked together so it's called a train? You should take a picture for us. Now that Jamesbo has me interested in trains... You know I always have wanted a caboose.

Okay gonna find something to do. Hope everyone is having a good weekend.
Old January 12th, 2019, 10:18 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Mike, new windows do cost more but they're built better and have better seals. If you have large windows think about the possibility of sectioning them so the size of each individual window is smaller and likely costs less. If heating is a concern look to the better triple pane windows instead of the double pane. They're better thermally and also reduce noise.

Before you kick the windows out, pull the reveal moldings and see if you can put some spray foam or insulation around the perimeter. That may stop the air leaking you feel?
Old January 12th, 2019, 10:42 AM

Morning all, up before my alarm today, just couldn't sleep.
Allan, our fuel prices are currently sitting around $1.15/l but they are expected to increase to around $1.35/l within the week the news people reckon. Sounds like you had a very good game. Yep will miss it every day until I can do it again mate. The job can be very dangerous if you stuff around like an idiot that's for sure. Talking about computers I'm wanting to upgrade from a desktop to a laptop myself. I've been looking for a while and have settled on the one I want ( https://www.msi.com/Laptop/GS65-Stealth-Thin-8RF ) only problem is the cost so I'll just wait a bit and I'm sure it'll drop in price a bit
I'll take a pic today of the train for ya Mike. The funny thing is we actually pull them out of the autoclaves with an aircraft tug, all be it an old one but that's what it was originally built for lol. I'll take a pic of the old girl for you while I'm at it.
Time to go make some money, take care everyone,
Adrian
Old January 12th, 2019, 11:10 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Hey Adrian - have a look at these ones. Decent processors, SSD and OS. If you were to buy it in Canada I could test it for ya for awhile to get any bugs out I think ME also ships international . https://www.memoryexpress.com/Products/MX71094 https://www.memoryexpress.com/Products/MX71097

Sounds like you had the same sleep bug I got the other day. Last night I packed it in at 7:30pm and woke up this morning at O6:00. I must have been tired. I have no idea why this is being typed as a 'link'. Stupid improvements to CO don't really impress me much.
Old January 12th, 2019, 11:51 AM

That’s what I’m talking about. The lower spec one has the higher spec price tag over here before the savings lol. Only problem is my lovely government taxes everything bought online shipped into the country at 10% of purchase price and when you’re talking a few grand that’s a couple hundred in import taxes piled on top.
Old January 12th, 2019, 11:52 AM
Always room for one more

Break time. This morning's activity was sorting through boxes in a closet/room that is kind of a catch-all for stuff that I don't want to see but don't want to get rid of. I went in there looking for something and got side tracked going through the boxes. Didn't find what I was looking for but did pull some stuff out to get rid of and organized it a little.

Allan the windows don't have a reveal, they are flush with the drywall, so there's no place to put spray foam. I'll see where I'm at next month when we get our profit sharing. I also need to do some work on the front wall of the foundation. So no buying cars for me this time. Well, maybe a cheep one.

Safe shift, Adrian. An aircraft tug, how cool is that.

Just noticed the date, January 12. It's the green Oldsmobile's 49th birthday. Not having a lot of luck(actually none) finding a car with the same birthday as me. Maybe I'll adopt this car's birthday. That makes me younger.

Okay let's see what else I can get into.
Old January 12th, 2019, 12:24 PM

If this has worked you will see the pic of the tug. It has 4 wheel steer and a towing capacity of 250 tonnes, she’s a true beast lol. 2 stroke Diesel engine in it as well with auto gearbox, 4 forward 3 reverse.
Old January 12th, 2019, 01:18 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Nope, nothing came through mate
Old January 12th, 2019, 01:19 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Originally Posted by Ausraven
That’s what I’m talking about. The lower spec one has the higher spec price tag over here before the savings lol. Only problem is my lovely government taxes everything bought online shipped into the country at 10% of purchase price and when you’re talking a few grand that’s a couple hundred in import taxes piled on top.
How would it work if I bought it here and shipped it to you as a gift? Would they still tax it?
Old January 12th, 2019, 02:46 PM

I’ll try from my computer tonight.
I think a gift would be tax exempt but would have to check it out, I like the way you think mate 😁
Old January 12th, 2019, 03:21 PM
Always room for one more

Adrian can you buy the thing online and have it shipped to my house? I could bring it with me when I go over in March and then send it from Melbourne. It's in my checked bag on the way over and domestic Post to you.
Old January 12th, 2019, 03:43 PM
Oh no, not again...

A pretty nice day out here, not too cold, the sun is shining, and not much wind. Might have to fire up the grille this evening.

Adrian, sounds like an interesting but dangerous line of work. The autoclaves I work with are only about 7 feet in diameter and about 30 feet long. We cook mud and turn it into nickel powder. Requires a bit of pressure, a lot of air and even more ammonia. The only time we ever pull anything out of one is when someone gets knocked over with ammonia inside during the annual shutdown. Luckily that hasn't happened in years. The last "locomotive" I played with was in our rail yard, I used to drive a trackmobile, a small switcher. It's part of the reason my back is screwed up, about 30 years ago the guy I was training with and switching for decided to crash into a fully loaded train of gondola cars that were loaded with "dirt". He was "cleaning" the tracks by sliding down them with the brakes on at full speed. It didn't stop in time.

Mike, Good windows are expensive but worth it. A window with a bad seal is an invitation to leaks and mold. And yes, the draft can be annoying. For us up here it's basically life and death; bad windows cost a ton in money in heating costs and you can freeze to death. You can also freeze up the water piping because the insulation is essentially compromised. One way you can get rid of the draft is to stretch Saran Wrap over the window area and then use a hair dryer (carefully) to smooth out the wrinkles. It's primitive, looks positively trailer-park chic, but it does work in a pinch. It'll just fog up and the trapped moisture will start rotting things.

The watch does have a balance issue, Allan is right, but it isn't one of the jeweled bushings it's actually the balance shaft. It will run face up or face down now, it took about an hour more of fiddling to get the balance adjusted to the point where it's 80 % reliable. Since it is a conglomeration of parts it's going to have to come apart one more time and get cleaned; the risk here is that I actually clean out what's holding it together. It's more or less how I got into this mess to begin with. The other set of plates that I was working with had that exact same issue, but the balance was broken on the opposite pivot, but it seems when it failed it took out the bearing on the bottom. The jewel is ever so slightly worn, but it's enough to prevent a slightly worn balance shaft from turning. I'd see the problem a lot in English watches, but never in an American one. So this is new, and it must be a problem with the 1857 Model; they redesigned the balance at least 4 times during the production run. So it may be that I have to swap jewels to make it all work; that will be challenging to say the least. Break one and that's pretty much it, it's just an expensive pile of junk after that. It might be easier to dress the balance shaft to fit.

Other than that, had a leisurely breakfast this morning with the guys from the coin club and lunch with the watch club. It's just too bad it hurts to stand and walk, sitting isn't much of an issue. I'm really hoping I didn't herniate a disc somehow...
Now to figure out what to make for supper tonight...if I can stand long enough to make it...ah, hell, it just might be delivery tonight...
Old January 12th, 2019, 04:10 PM

Driving your car can be dangerous if you don’t pay attention Marc 😁

Our autoclaves run at 860kpa and are fed steam from our onsite coal fired boiler that’s rated at 11.3 megawatts so if Ever the SHTF we could repurpose it to generate enough power for a small town lmao

i got sunburnt yesterday as I forgot to put on the sunscreen. UV level was at 15 so it just bounced right off the ground up into my face I wear long pants and long sleeve shirt as well as gloves and a hard hat with sun brim attached so basically only face is exposed and I still got burnt, not cool.

Only around 31 degrees here at the moment but looks to be getting up to 38 by the end of the week which is a sticker for Tink and Minette as they are going to the Phil Collins concert this Saturday. I’m staying home with Allegra.
Old January 12th, 2019, 11:47 PM

Good Morning.

So, thankfully, birthdays are over. Took whole friggin day with visitors coming at different times to have space. Summer would be totally different, when theres "huge" spaces outside to use. Like now its -13c outside, so no outdoor parties.

Hmm, i have old ( 71 year) windows around the house, but i have no means to change them. Swapping them would cost so much that in my lifetime i might just break even with lower electric bills. Of course it varies house to house, and even country to country in relation to electric/gas, and window prices. And as added bonus theres fresh air inside

ausraven - sure wish it would be only 10% here Here they tax VAT 24% from purchase price, then extra tax on top of that with varying rate depending of item, for about 3-7% which includes item price and Freight. For example, if i buy 100$ engine part for my Cutlass with 30$ Freight, First they tax 24% from 100$, then 3,5% from 100$+30$, and all of suddenly that 100$+30$ freight part cost me 158,55$. American car hobby here costs arm and leg, theyre trying to tax us to death. Thank god we finnish guys are stupid enough to do just more work when they add more taxes
Btw, your Picture didnt load up?

Okay, have a day all!
Old January 13th, 2019, 01:02 AM

So here are the pics my phone wouldn't upload.