The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old February 6th, 2019, 05:35 AM

Well. I've been getting bids on the stuff I put on ebay, Looks like it's all going to sell. I'm surprised the Olds jewelry I put here on Classic Olds has no bites. I may have put it in the wrong place though. I guess I'll bump it back and if they don't sell I'll put on ebay also.I wanted them to go to a Olds guy, not a reseller. Jack is doing well though still leaving us presents in the night. He got included in the pic of all the stuff on ebay so I guess he is a nationwide celebrity! Now they are predicting snow,.freezing rain and winds. I even got a email from Consumers Energy (our electric utility) saying to prepare for the storm. I guess now that the snow is mostly melted, I will go to the barn and bring the generator to the house.
Old February 6th, 2019, 06:33 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Good morning everyone,

Cold cold cold yet again. Sure hope there's no issues starting the Sonata; it's been sitting since Friday. I plugged it in last night. When we were out yesterday I took the Saturn since it was in the garage where it's only -10. Started right up but it doesn't handle the icy slick roads as well as a car with some weight to it. It also doesn't ABS or TC either so some corners were a bit of an adventure with threshold braking.

Hopefully the Henday will have sensible drivers this mawnin. I'll leave a bit early just to compensate.
Old February 6th, 2019, 10:04 AM

Freezing rain has coated everything, but no problems here...yet. Supposed to get more tonight, so we'll see. Greg, are those Jim Beam decanters? I have the '63 Vette, and '57 Chevy. Is the '56/57 Vette a Jim Beam also? If so, do you have the Ebay link? I have about 8-10 of those decanters total.
Old February 6th, 2019, 12:42 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Busy day at work, though we fell short of the goal. There just weren't that many wheels. The lead's wife was in a car accident last night so he wasn't there today. So of course the lead F boy was [in charge]. That's in brackets because if I need help with anything and my lead isn't there, I go to the other lead. What's funny is all the ASMs go to him to see what he wants, which I suppose isn't any different than him telling them what to do all day long anyway. Eh, I just do my work and be done with it all.

You know Dan, last night I broke the seal on a Jim Beam decanter that looked like Elvis.

Looks like lots of fun sitting there Greg.

Wonder how Adrian is doing at Granddads.

Was raining this morning but is warm now and overcast. Thought about doing some digging out in the back yard, not sure if I want to now. We'll see.

So I was texting with a guy about his car last night. 03 Mustang convertible, V8 5speed. Low miles, new tires, no leaks, sounds like a good car. A little high at 3000 but not out of the park. He's in Alabama not far from the state line, maybe a couple hours from me. He's telling me how great this car is and then... Oh it has a salvage title. It was wrecked a few years ago but it doesn't seem to have affected anything. Uhhh. Full price plus for a salvage title? No.

Well I'll go find something to do. Hope everyone is enjoying Hump Day.
Old February 6th, 2019, 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by 1969w3155
Freezing rain has coated everything, but no problems here...yet. Supposed to get more tonight, so we'll see. Greg, are those Jim Beam decanters? I have the '63 Vette, and '57 Chevy. Is the '56/57 Vette a Jim Beam also? If so, do you have the Ebay link? I have about 8-10 of those decanters total.
Dan, here is a link to one of them (hope it works) Yep it's a 57 Vette Jim Beam. I think if this link works you can view sellers other items and see them all.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/192814914047
https://www.ebay.com/itm/192814924316
Here's 2 of 'em. - We haven't got any freezing rain yet.
Old February 6th, 2019, 06:24 PM

Gotta love the weather here. It's been around -10*C / 14*F all afternoon and evening and we've been getting freezing rain the whole time. Driving home I could barely keep the windshield ice free.

Dan, how was the weather? Hopefully you didn't get anymore freezing rain.

Mike, $3800 is a little high for a good 2003 Mustang GT convertible? I live in the wrong place! Up here that would be a $10,000 car all day, albeit Canadian.

Jim, it's always cool to find history like that.

Have a great Thursday everyone.
Old February 6th, 2019, 08:51 PM
Oh no, not again...

Greg, what kind of Olds jewelry? Any watches? I'd be very interested in those, or any die cast 50-64 Olds cars. I've got a 55 88, 59 98, and a 62 Starfire in 1:18, would love to have a 53 Olds if such a thing exists.

A better day today, not as cold, just -29 C this morning, (-20 F) and it warmed up a couple of degrees. The block heater definitely works, the temp on the car when I started it was 65 F. It was a much happier and warmer Buick this morning.

Ended up going to a "send off dinner" for the Cubans who came a couple of weeks ago; the poor bastards can't wait to get back on a beach and away from this ice and snow. Great bunch of people though, regardless of what the previous or current American administration thinks. Got a nice steak and some beer out of it.

Other than that, not much going on here. My boss is celebrating his 40th anniversary with the company; that ought to be good for a lunch. Who says there's no free lunch?

Fair weather busing system still continuing; my kid has a couple of days off so he goes to the daycare; so at least both of us can do a full day at the job.

No end in sight for the cold; maybe by the end of the weekend.

Have a good night everyone!
Old February 6th, 2019, 09:11 PM
Running On Empty

Our Supreme Emperor addressed his minions last night - standing room only - packed house. Synopsis: Stop picking on me. Mommy I want my wall - or else.

Old February 6th, 2019, 10:31 PM

Greg, is that '57 1/18 scale? Looks smaller than the '63. Mike, did it look like Elvis before or after you consumed the contents? It looks like it's just rain here, it started coming down on my way home from work. the trees were still coated with ice, but a check outside moments ago shows no ice on the trees.
Stop picking on me. Mommy I want my wall - or else.
Norm, ain't that the truth.
Old February 7th, 2019, 12:38 AM

Good Morning.

Just snows and snows. Yesterday i didnt even bother to do snow-work, since i knew it would snow today too.. And exactly it promises snowing up until saturday.. "Yeah"..
Spend time on garage yesterday with my Cutlass. Again, all time went just for planning things. I hate how its 20 mins away from my house. Rather have it at my yard.
Well, anyways, was there planning where the heck i install all my MSD crap. Not too excited to install so much stuff to replace perfectly fine and working HEI, but that was the easiest way of getting programmable ignition with programmable vacuum-advance too. Besides, HEI wont fit with dual-quad.

Hmm. Im seeing myself spending north of 3 hours today on snow-work, and after that, DEFINITETLY heating up sauna and move there with six-pack of beer.

Greg Rogers - Ive been eyeing 76 Cutlass, Nascar replica for years. Havent yet managed to justify buying it when i have 1:1 Cutlass in dire need of money..

Nailheadcanuck - Was just spinning eyes when reading about your dilemma with school-busses.. What the..

Okay, i quess thats it for this Morning. I might brew another cup of coffee, and slowly start heading outside for snow-work.. Bah……...
Old February 7th, 2019, 04:05 AM

mawn'in

Warm with occasional showers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yP-9GsM_P2MGreg,

I always wanted a Petty Blue Road Runner, just for the horn

Mike, If you decide ya want a Road Runner, may I have the horn?

Gotta get sum new tires on the Cheby 2500 4x4 today

Have a great day Olds friends

Old February 7th, 2019, 05:43 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Good morning everyone,

Clear and still -30 here. I think ma nature is having a bad cycle or something. Right about now I could go for some global warming.

The game yesterday went really well, and we won. Another close game that went down to the opposing skip (Bob Barton) trying a long double red tap to clear my counter on the 4' ring. Everything under cover off course. Anywho, Bob needed that shot to at least tie, and knowing his weaknesses really helped set up the shot. He's not good with his up weight shots, and tends to be wide on his draws. Long story short, he missed his shot by a good margin and that puts a W in the column for our team.

I had to go through downtown yesterday to drop off some money, and I was not impressed with what the downtown roads and traffic were like. Normally I don't go downtown; I avoid it like the plague. Same with West Edmonton - it's a zoo fest. Yesterday confirmed my suspicions that the city planners have no concept of what they're doing. I stopped in at the dealership that originally sold the Malibu back in 2010 and asked them for a printout of the cars service history. They said that information belonged to the PO and I couldn't have it without his permission. WTF??? So after going through the service writer, her boss, and her bosses boss I find out that it's because of FOIP. The big boss simply said to call the PO and get the permission which he gave. After getting the printout, the look on the lady service writers face said she definitely didn't want to go for coffee or chat any further. Good enough for me, I got what I wanted. Mostly it's oil changes, but also has some recalls completed and a faulty sensor replaced. The car had 5km on it when it was delivered and PDI'd.

It seemed like this cold had affected tire pressures so I checked them when I got home and found 3 of them down to 23 psi. That got fixed in a hurry so now I should have better road handling and gas mileage.

Oh Adrian? You sure you want to come to Canada with the cold we're getting? Anutter inside day for me I think.
Old February 7th, 2019, 06:14 AM

Marc, no watches just a V-8 coin and some tie clasps. Its under Miscellaneous Classified and starts out Olds V8 coin.
Dan I think all the Jim Beams I have are 1/18 scale but not positive. I went thru a "phase" where I bought all kind of neat stuff and then just squirreled it away. When we moved I thought what do I have all this stuff for? Took some of it to Salvation Army, some went in the dumpster and the good stuff on ebay.
Yesterday I went and got the generator and made sure it ran. Went to try it out and found I had the wrong plug. Went to the Home Depot and bought a plug and a HDMI cable for the DVD player that got broken in the move. Came back and changed the plug and did a trial run- all good. Then tried the HDMI cable and started playing some old DVDs. Ended up inviting some friends over and watched Grand Torino. What a great movie! All 4 of us had seen it before but it seemed like new again.
I hear noise on the windows this morning sounds like sleet- freezing rain oh-oh....
Old February 7th, 2019, 12:09 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

What an absolutely glorious day out. Accuweather says it's 79* in the Greater Stockbridge Area. I'm gonna go outside and just jump up and down.

Work was slow all day but we finished a little early. It feels like it's been a long week, so glad tomorrow is Friday. The lead was back today so things went smoothly.

Jamesbo the Beep Beep horn is available aftermarket, so you don't have to yank it off anyone's car. What kind of tires did you get?

Allan you know better than to check tires after you're driven on them. Though with it as cold as it is up there they probably cooled down by the time you got your tire gauge out.

Dan that's George Jones.

It was 3K Paul and no that wouldn't be terribly high for a V8 but with a salvage title? Worth about half that I'd say.

Okay I gotta go outside. This is what I've been dreaming about all winter.
Old February 7th, 2019, 01:23 PM

Old February 7th, 2019, 01:23 PM

Mike, Firestone

Thanks, I saw Amazon had Beep beep horns after I posted

As you may know "Fall " down ere is summer with pumpkins
Old February 7th, 2019, 05:22 PM
Oh no, not again...

Like Allan said earlier, still stupidly cold, it warmed up to a balmy -18 C (about 0 F). The car is definitely happier with a block heater. And yes, Edmonton roads are terrible, there's a reason why there's a lot of crashes every time it snows. IT also doesn't help that there are a lot more morons who don't know how to properly drive a car out there. Most of these same people, -who are operating in the upper percentile of their cranial capacity to begin with, are probably the most powerful argument against flying cars and the biggest reason why they haven't been invented yet. The carnage would be indescribable. A lot of these same people would also be dead after 5 days without electricity; they are largely incapable of surviving where it not for easy access to money.

Greg, I took a look at the jewelry, it's interesting, but unfortunately not something I'd be interested in. Nor is the coin. Thanks anyway.

Jouni, sounds like you're getting hammered with snow; I feel sorry for you; your winters are very much like ours, cold and long, but snowier because of your closer proximity to water. It's one advantage we have here, the Alberta prairies are pretty close to being a desert, in fact, over 400 years ago where we are was part of the "Badlands" and looked a lot like southern Alberta near Drumheller. So we don't get as much snow as they do in the mountains or the interior of BC which has a Maritime influence. Finland has the Gulf Stream bringing warmer air that collides with the Siberian air, which just means misery. Yeah, I can understand the frustration.

Jamesbo, that chart is accurate. The longest seasons here are the Fool's Spring and the mud or brown seasons. We actually have two of them each lasting for 2-3 months. So in truth we only get about 5 weeks of solid real summer. Now I'm depressed.

So...that's about it...not much else going on, luckily. Just going to try and stay warm.

Have a great evening!
Old February 7th, 2019, 05:35 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Originally Posted by slantflat
Allan you know better than to check tires after you're driven on them. Though with it as cold as it is up there they probably cooled down by the time you got your tire gauge out.
I'm familiar with tire pressures and inflation. At -24 they don't 'heat up' like they do in the summer and yes I checked them about 20 minutes after I got home. Besides, when I looked at them (top and side) they had significant outward bulge that's not there when they're properly inflated. Keep in mind these tires are 10 years old and they leak a bit, likely from the bead.

Marc - Good analysis

Jim - What are all those words you have that are spelled Spring?? I don't know what yer talkin about. We just get winter, light winter, snowy winter, cold winter, damn cold winter, mild winter and winter recess for awhile.

Old February 7th, 2019, 06:58 PM

Good evening everyone.

Finally got around to updating my Cutlass build thread with my 2018 mods.

Today was a nice day! Not too cold, no freezing rain or snow. It was amazing!

Marc, I hope you're right and it warms up soon for you and Allan.

Inline, I hope it didn't take 3 hours for your snow.

Jim, I thought we were already into second winter!

Allan, a few weeks ago the cold lowered tire pressure enough to activate the tire pressre warning light on the 4runner. As the temperature went up, the light turned off. Congratulations on the win.

Enjoy the rest of your Friday Eve everyone!
Old February 7th, 2019, 07:01 PM
Proud Viet Nam Veteran

Afternoon Guys:
Well the 70 and 80 degree weather is gone for the time being. The morning started at about 61 and within about 2 hours it was down to the high 30's. Allan I realize that is still about 65 degrees above what you guys have up there. I honestly don't know how you survive it. I spent most of yesterday working on the big trailer. I forgot how big this thing is. The floor is 18 feet long and it is 7 feet wide. It now has new tires and led lights on it. I don't know how many years it has been since I had it on the road. Fortunately the old tires still had air in them so I was able to pull it to Discount Tire and have them do the heavy lifting. Then I brought it home and parked it in the driveway to put the new lights on it and power wash the floor. I crawled around on the driveway under that thing putting the new lights on and then power washed the floor which now looks like new. The floor is make of pressure treated 2x6's that I installed several years ago. It was nasty but has held up well. If I loose my free storage I will sell it. I got all the light wired and plugged it into the Expedition and the turn signals and brake lights didn't work. I troubleshot the trailer to make sure it was wired correctly and it was. Then I started on the Expedition and it didn't take long to find a blown fuse for the turn signal/brake relay. Ford did a nice job of placing the fuse panel under the hood right above the radiator. It is very accessible. It has tiny little fuses in it called mini fuses. I was good to go and man the led lights really look nice. It is an ugly trailer with a big air dam on the front and in need of a paint job. My wife never fussed but was glad it was gone yesterday afternoon. I should have taken a picture. My old butt was dragging last night and I told my wife if I was able to get out of bed this morning then my back was okay. Back is okay. Today was a day off and my wife and I went over to my brothers and had lunch.
Have a good what is left of the evening guys.
Glenn
Old February 7th, 2019, 09:54 PM

We have two seasons here. Winter, and road construction season.
Old February 7th, 2019, 10:30 PM

Morning! Most exciting thing to happen in a bit happens this evening (Friday). For years we have gone to the Balcony Club to hear our favorite garage band playing the '50s-'60s-'70s rock'n'roll at the Balcony Club in Lakewood. Just a great night out with our BC Friends, Then September 13th I had the stroke; mainly talking, walking, eating, a whole huge list of things, rather than UP/DOWN the stairs to hear our guys. I forgot that they play at the Lone Star Roadhouse every other month on Friday night, GROUND LEVEL! Cannot wait! Then to top it off our local club, the North Texas Old's Club meets Sunday for our monthly meeting with NTOC Friends. Supposed to be about 50 and sunny, light winds. Can't wait, Walking in my driveway daily (about 240' from garage to street and back) 4 times with a cane (no walker here), and walking in house w/o any aids (albeit slowly, still working on balance issues). Life is good, and getting better daily. Happy Friday and weekend!!!

Last edited by Aron Nance; February 7th, 2019 at 10:35 PM.
Old February 8th, 2019, 12:17 AM

Good Morning everyone.

Im relieved. No snow during night! Yeah! Yesterday went pretty much at snow-work and in sauna. Now im pondering should i go to garage or not just to install few wires. Maybe not worth the fuel.

Aron Nance - Good to hear your progressing forward. Sounds like you have something good to wait for today

1969w3155 - Now THAT was a good one! Im definitetly stealing that line!

redoldsman - Seems like you had also whole day Project yesterday. It would be nice to live somewhere as warm. My wife dont get excited when i suggest moving out of here to somewhere warmer, what a shame

car_designer - Come to my mind from your 4Runner. We ( wife) now has Subaru Forester. Criminally fun toy at snow

Allan R - To elaborate further from my project topic, i rather build something interesting even if its down on max attainable horsepower, since i wont be anyways needing 400hp at street-driven car. So as long as i meet my goals ( 300hp) ill rather build something unique than some boring engine-combo which 9 out of 10 just copies and builds. Plus all things aint as bad as magazines lets you understand. And when magazines state something, they usually start to form in to to be the one and only truth without questioning

Nailheadcanuck - Sounds like our traffic at capital too. Theres really big difference on traffic when you move to our capital-area, those morons are at problems even on hot summer-day when it starts to rain; moreso at winter. Due to us being pretty low-populated country, at our capital-area 1,15mil people, and including "suburbs" it raises up to 1,47mil. And our whole countrys population is 5,5mil. By the way, about one particular topic you took part, beware. Theres only one accepted way to build engines, and if you dont agree, your wrong.. Just an observation..

I quess thats it? Heading to mall with family soon. Have a day all, and good weekend for everyone.

Last edited by Inline; February 8th, 2019 at 12:21 AM.
Old February 8th, 2019, 04:26 AM

mawn'in

Cooler but still unseasonably warm

Greg, I was so busy looking at your cars, I missed the star banner .I've got one in my window too [Iraq and Afghanistan]

Allan, A few years ago, I looked at a 69 442 drop top 4 speed , They had the build sheet with the block heater option. It was a solid 10. original Still can't figure out how a car from the frozen north could be so nice/ [If it ever got delivered up there]

Old February 8th, 2019, 06:14 AM

Originally Posted by 1969w3155
We have two seasons here. Winter, and road construction season.
Amen to that!!!!
Marc, thanks for looking, no problem if you don't want them- neither do I... I think 442 Fred is going to buy them.
Jamesbro, Our son was in Iraq in 06-07 Very proud of him. He is now a Command Sargent Major (E9) in the Michigan National Guard. That's how we got the star.
Aron. that' good you are getting around, keep working on it!
I haven't even been out yet today but it looks nasty. About 2" of new snow and I think ice under it. We heard sleet and freezing rain last night. Now it looks like one of those crystal ball scenes that you shake outside- blizzard!
Old February 8th, 2019, 08:45 AM

Aron, glad to see you progressing so well. Keep it up. Greg, the weather sure has been interesting over the last week or two. I have one co worker and his wife who moved into their trailer (propane powered) until they get power back, which won't be until Sunday, and another couple who took yesterday off, due to a power loss to buy a generator. I've been lucky so far, with all of the oak trees in my neighborhood, none have come down and wiped out any power lines.
Old February 8th, 2019, 10:53 AM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Got out extra early this morning. For some reason I was irritated at work all day and snapped at everyone. Well, people actually did what I wanted them to. I can't imagine I have any clout but hey if it works.

Spent a little extra time at the Awful house. A friend of mine was there I hadn't seen in awhile so it was nice to talk to him. Wasn't real busy.

Beautiful out, but windy. Makes it a little chilly. I swapped out the truck for the Cruze and I'm gonna clean it up a little today and get it ready for my trip to Mom's next week. Man I hope this plan works out. I only have one car picked out for my Mom and if she doesn't like it then I got nothing.

Sounds like everyone is busy. Hope everyone has a good weekend.
Old February 8th, 2019, 12:27 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Good afternoon everyone,

What can I say? We're definitely on a roll here. About an inch of snow overnight that I didn't expect and with wind (depending on which weather station I look at) it feels like -34 or -38. Friggin cold enough to freeze the ***** off a brass monkey. While the car warmed up I used the leaf blower to clean the walks and drive. Also used it to clean off the snow from both cars. The Henday wasn't busy, but it was a little on the slick side. Filling those tires boosted the mileage up to around 29 mpg. I don't even want to know what it was before because it likely sucked.

We had an awesome game this morning. Right off the bat we lost hammer on the coin toss but that's ok. Someone has to go first and I know how to play strategy for either toss of the coin. My front end played very well and we ended up stealing 4 points which surprised me. I figured that we would end up forcing the opposition to 1 by strategically splitting the house and forcing the other skip to draw. I was right on my call, but shocked to see how badly the other skip missed the broom and weight call. Second end? Same thing - without hammer I figured out the ice curl faster than the other skip and we were sitting 5 and forcing the draw for a single point, which was missed and we went up 9-0. After that it really wasn't much of a contest so we lightened up and gave them 2 in the third end. They started playing better but couldn't match us for hits or draws and we ended up taking points in the 4th end as well. That's when the other team just walked over and said enough is enough. Handshakes and a trip to the lounge about an hour early. Ugly win, but still a win.

Jim - must have been a Fremont car? Yeah, if it came to Canada it's almost mandatory to have a block heater back then. Nowadays modern engines seem to start easier/better in the cold for some reason. I still insist on plugging in the car in the cold to give the engine a fair chance to stay warm and create a better starting option.

Paul - None of our cars use TPMS. I personally don't trust it as much as I trust my own observation and dedication to manual checks. BTW, I love what that company did to your upper dash. It's a really good match. Too bad you didn't find them earlier when you were doing the other trim. Not sure about those lights though, but that's just me.

Jouni - I have several friends downstairs but I'm not sure how many of them will live beyond this weekend.

Have a good one everybody.
Old February 8th, 2019, 12:47 PM

Current weather outlook for me today ☹️
Old February 8th, 2019, 12:52 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Old February 8th, 2019, 01:00 PM

Well the truck move went very well. Grandads neighbors who have been keeping an eye on the place came around and helped load the truck as well as a longtime friend of his and grandmas. When I drove back to Brisbane Kevin, grandads friend followed me on his motorbike and helped me unload at the other end. Talk about genuinely nice people, hard to find these days. The help was very appreciated that’s for sure.
I’ve gotten a little something for Kevin and his wife in way of thanks since they didn’t want any fuel money or anything. While packing grandads house I found a copy of the King John Magna Carta from 1215AD and an English translation of it as well. When I showed Kevin he was blown away so yesterday I found a custom scanning and printing place not too far from home and made him a copy of each on some fancy paper that you can’t rip by hand so he will have it for a while.
Headed back down again today to finish packing up the main garage and back shed. After these are sorted then all the packing will be done. We will then contact the local church for the donations we have for those in need.
Hopefully the weather is nicer for all those who are a bit on the cold side the last few days (months) 😬
Take care everyone,
Adrian
Old February 8th, 2019, 05:20 PM
Proud Viet Nam Veteran

Aron, that is a great post. I admire your determination and positive outlook. I enjoyed the chat we had last Saturday and look forward to seeing you at the meeting on Sunday.
For Texas, it is cold. It was 25 this morning and I don't think it got out of the 30's all day. It is 39 right now and supposed to get down to 33 tonight. I have been in the house all day today and got a few things in the office taken care of. I hope you boys up north get a break for the deepfreeze soon.
Glenn
Old February 8th, 2019, 05:38 PM

Good evening folks.

Today was a pretty good day at work. Very productive. Today's weather is windy.

Here's a new one for me, our local power company sent out an email yesterday warning about potential power outages due to today's wind.

Aron, glad to hear you're making progress and doing better!

Inline, I can see any Subaru being fun in the snow! Snow-free nights are good.

Mike, I was reading online today that Awful House does a special Valentine's Day dinner event with table cloths and dimmed lighting.

Allan, I do the usual checks so I'm not too worried about the light.

They wouldn't be able to do the same to the door panels. The hydrographics process involves putting the parts in water. They lay a printed film on top of a water tank, apply an activator to your part then "push" the part down onto the film and into the water. The guy compared it more to a tattoo than paint as the activator "melts" the plastic ever so slightly so that the ink seeps in. Does that make any sense? There are hundreds of patterns available from metals to woods and more. One pattern caught my eye and is giving me ideas for completely changing the interior trim. It never stops does it?

Adrian, can I come and visit? I don't want to wait another 2 to 4 more months to see those temperatures here lol Sounds like you had some good people there to help you today. Cool find too!

Enjoy your weekend everyone!
Old February 8th, 2019, 06:35 PM
Always room for one more

I always laugh when I think about a romantic getaway to the Awful house. The one I go to doesn't dim the lights, but they do set up a couple tables with lovey-dovey stuff and take reservations. Eh, anything to keep yourself fresh I guess.

Adrian that's good you had some help on both ends of your trip. Getting people to help move is always a challenge.

Got a nice fire going because it's into the 40s now. Still have that problem of smoke coming into the room when I open the door. I suspect the stove needs more cleaning. That will likely happen in the spring when I don't need it anymore.

Think I'll hit the sack. Out of boredom mostly. Got a few things to do around the house tomorrow, to be started by Awful house. So have a good night everyone.
Old February 8th, 2019, 06:49 PM
Oh no, not again...

Well, another cold miserable day, can't say I had as much fun as Allan did curling, I had to work. And yes it was cold shoveling off that skiff or snow, froze my ... never mind.

Allan, I get to try out the city roads tomorrow. And, thank you; because of your tire experience I had mine checked and filled today. Two were down to 25 psi.

Jouni, you're absolutely right, and I stepped in it. And there's no wiping that stuff of one's shoes either. But I'm man enough to admit when I make a mistake, I'll just back off and lurk and learn. The funny thing is, I've never had an engine that I've rebuilt come apart or blow up; so I must be doing something right. My skills are still in demand with quite a few old car collectors here, I do have a "clientele" of a number of various different cars including 2 vintage Oldsmobiles. But, it seems there are some who are very particular about their craft and are experts and I'm just a rank amateur. I defer to their superior knowledge in place of my experiences, and I will shut up.

So; with that in mind, I'll go back to building watches. It's too cold to be rebuilding carbs anyway.

Aron, keep it up; you're making wonderful progress and your attitude is amazing.

Adrian, good to see you haven't melted away; Good to hear your move went well.

Mike, good luck with your mom; the nice thing about moms is that if she isn't happy, you'll be the last to know, especially if she sees how much it put you out to do what you did for her. It'll probably all work out fine.

Greg, good thing you have someone lined up; I'm kinda in the collectible field with watches, old books, coins and cars and know how limited markets can be. what seems like a good idea when you bought it isn't so great when you can't get rid of it when you don't want it anymore. I got a whole basement full of that kind of stuff. The landfill will be an interesting archeological dig in about 300 years as a result of what I'm being forced to toss.

Paul, what company is this and what did they do? I'm looking for a good Canadian interior/upholstery company.

Dan, you're area has been without power for a week? In this weather? Wow...

Well, that's it for me; time for a late supper and then probably sit in front of the idiot box and watch something mindless. Have a good night!
Old February 8th, 2019, 10:35 PM

Marc, different areas over the last week. I don't believe that anyone has been without power for that long, but many are around the 4-5 day mark. The are saying that there is a chance of "round two" of ice next week, sounds like Tuesday. We'll see.
Old February 8th, 2019, 11:30 PM

Good Morning everyone.

Today includes spending pretty much whole day visiting friends, relatives, and sitting on car. Not too excited. Id rather be in garage installing my ignition.
I remember when i was Still working at car-shop as assembler, new Volkswagens/ Seats, and when we installed something like block-heater, which involved some wiring, we wired it just from where it was easiest and fastest; now i can spend whole day thinking about from where and how do i pull my wires so it wouldnt look too hokey.
Btw, something good. Its been raining, RAINING(!), since last evening. Melts snow nicely

Allan R - Theres no such thing as an ugly win. But theres a saying that 2nd place is first lost Place What friends downstairs?

slantflat - Hahahaha romantic getaway at such a place makes me laugh too

car_designer - Here they have been digging electrical lines underground for years even in rural areas. Of course its been seen at electric bill, but i quess its Still good. I remember having electrical shortage last time maybe like 10+ years ago

Hmm.. I quess thats it for now. Maybe ill revisit this topic at evening when we some time get home.
Old February 9th, 2019, 12:36 AM

Haven’t gone anywhere for now. Weather down at Stanthorpe has turned and it looks like we might get a thunderstorm. Good progress on the place.
Anytime someone wants to turn up at my place looking for warmer weather I’ll find a place for you to camp no questions asked LOL
Not too long hopefully till we can try and sell the place.
Old February 9th, 2019, 07:04 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Overcast and cool, and it's just started spitting rain. Eh, inside day it looks like. I'm sure I can find something to do, like look at the internet all day.

Adrian, Stanthorpe is where that singer that I like lives. Is that far from you? Is that where Granddad's house is? I hate to think what it would take to sell my place.

Aron how was the band?

Well it looks like that's it for the stove for awhile. Last night not only did I get smoke when I opened the door, I got smoke from I don't know where and the room seemed a little smokey. What's more is there's a return for the furnace in the living room and it picked up the smoke and pumped it all through the house. I turned the ceiling fan on and slept with it on until about 4 when Tiger wanted to go out. I'm going to have to take that thing all apart.

Guess I'll go find something to do. Hope everyone has a good day.
Old February 9th, 2019, 07:55 AM

mawn'in

Not headed norte today

Had a chili morning funeral

One of the [many] odd things about my cemetery, is [because there are so few green cemeteries] we draw fro all over. The funeral this morning the family drove up from Kisamee, Florida

Mike, I don't want you as a customer, get the stove fixed